Speaker 1: Welcome to Reasonably Shady, a production of The Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome to another episode of Reasonably Shade. Y. I am Jaselle Bryant. What's up?
Speaker 1: What's up? I'm Robin Dixon. Thank you for being here with us once.
Speaker 2: Again, once again, once again. Robin, you have on your raven purple today? Do you call us purple? It's not purple? What is it?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's like, well, it's pink, pinky, purple's.
Speaker 2: Ombre pink into purple. Yes, which is very nice. I wasn't really, I wasn't channeling anything the Ravens.
Speaker 1: No, but they're still going to Super Bowl yep, even though they lose games that they shouldn't lose.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're still going. It's okay, they're not on their way anyway. I feel good. It's cold as dookie outside.
Speaker 1: I know, but you know what, I feel like we've been tricked because, yeah, the weather has been pretty mild, at least where we live. The weather's been mild, and we've had like really warm days, and now all of a sudden that it's like in the thirties.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh my god, it's so cold. No, it's in the twenties. It's twenty five in my car, twenty five, this at five in the morning, or like today, like coming here, what was it? Yeah, so it's twenty five. Okay, that's cold. Yeah it's cold. That's going out here an they squeets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's in And every year I say this, even it's funny. One called me this morning while he was driving one of the kids of school.
Speaker 2: I don't know I was driving. He was driving. He was like, I want to move.
Speaker 1: We got we gotta leave this place. It's too cold. My skin is dry, ye, my hands are dry. Yeah, right, all the things like but every year we do this.
Speaker 2: Every year we're like, how do we do this? Okay, So where does he want to move? I don't know. I mean I think I think he likes California. He likes California. Yeah, no, one asked me, But I do not approve of your movement. Well you gotta move too, yeah, no, you gotta move to not happening. I know. Okay, what's your shady moment? Is that it one talking about he moving to California? No?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, okay, so I just have to like backtrack to Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we held by by the way, that was a whirlwind break. I know, I know it was.
Speaker 1: And my kids, like Corey had every day off that week and it went really fast. And then and then like right by the time Monday comes, they're like.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, we got to go back to school.
Speaker 1: Right, I'm like, yeah, sorry, but anyway, Thanksgiving, I'm still like feeling the remnants of it because it never fails. Whenever we have people over, you know a large number of people, about three people need a charger, right right, They're like, oh, you know, you guys have a charge.
Speaker 2: You guys have charge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, we got a charger, so you know we have charges like alter at a house. Yeah, I don't have any more chargers, but they're gone.
Speaker 2: They took them, Yes, the thieves of them like.
Speaker 1: My like we loan chargers of people to charge in my house and now they have disappeared.
Speaker 2: Lies. Yes, it happens all the time. I can't tell you how many times. Okay, you need to charge. You need to be on a group chat with these people, right, either give me my charger or just like send one to my house, is it? Yeah? Right? Like who took my chargers? Because not having a charge it's like annoying, it's horrible. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Nah, so I had to like take borrow chargers from like other devices. So now I'm using the charger for my laptop to charge my.
Speaker 2: Phone, and yeah that I would rather like you get to the Thanksgiving dinner and we all cuss each other out, as opposed to you steal.
Speaker 1: My charger right right, right, right right, because taking my charges like really like fighting words.
Speaker 2: It's really fighting for sure? Is that crazy? I don't like it.
Speaker 1: So I'm like I'm still feeling the effects of it because I'm like, do I keep.
Speaker 2: Searching my house no they took it? Or do I just buy another one? You know these people, I know, I would just be like, look, cuss me out, get into a fight, right, tell one he's terrible, Tell me I'm ugly something, take my charger, don't take the charger, yes, don't take the charger. Don't take the charger. Okay, So I'm my shady moment. So who's the shady Yeah all of your family members chargers? Family shady? Okay. So I was traveling, Yeah, I was on that am track that usella okay, lovely, I was. I had a little first class seat. I was sitting there minding my business, feeling good. I was watching a movie. We pull into Philly. Okay, Philadelphia's train station. Is that a name? Is it thirtieth Street? I think it is thirtieth Street. Okay. Anyway, we pull into Philly and then we are sitting there for like I don't know, ten minutes, and there was an announcement, yeah, like train's not going any further. Oh god, this is it, and I'm going to New York. Wait what Yeah, they were like the last stop, this, this, and something's going on with the wiring. Oh, there will be no more trains going to New York. New York and Philly is about two hours away, right, okay? Or hour about two hours, hour and a half and buckle up, buttercups, y'all are out of here. So they said, you can wait three hours for us to fix the wiring. What time of day was this? This was in the morning. This was probably about nine o'clock in the morning, or we can wait, or you can go okay and so quick. So okay, So you have to think, like my car was full of like businessmen going to New York. Uh huh.
Speaker 1: So they you know, they have a secret code or something because the guy next to me, I said, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Right, and he was like, train not working? No more. I said, what we're gonna do? He said, let's just sit. I said, okay, let's sit. So we're sitting. I'm watching my movie and then he was he starts packing up his shit.
Speaker 1: I said, where are you going and he said he said, oh, my colleague has found a car. Oh really right, and you're just gonna leave me. He told you to sit, yes, and he was out. He was like, okay, have a nice day, and was gone, oh wow, okay.
Speaker 2: So I said, well, I ain't gonna be the only one left on this guy during train.
Speaker 1: So did you have to get to New York by a certain time?
Speaker 2: No? Thank god, thank god. I was going in early because I wanted to just do some shopping. So I ubered yes. From Philly to New York. Oh wow, right, okay, it gets even shadier. Yeah, I asked for the black car. The black was a Tesla. Okay. So I get in the car and the man is driving. He's like, ma'am, we're gonna have to pull over. I'm gonna have to charge up.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, in no freaking way.
Speaker 2: I said, what do you mean? He said, look, look, he was on like thirty percent or something. Oh my, And so we had to go pull over on the side of the road on the Jersey Turnpike so he could charge up.
Speaker 1: What I mean, does hed he have a rapid did he find a rapid charger?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: How long did it take? No charge? So I don't that's crazy. I don't know. I wouldn't know the difference, right because I don't, well, how long did it take? So he said, we're only going to stop to ten for ten minutes, okay, okay. He got up to like forty percent. Okay, okay. By the time we got to the charge of place, he was not going on twenty okay, And we sat there for like ten minutes. He said, I'll just go to forty percent. I said, yeah, player, I need to go. Oh I didn't have anywhere to go. But I mean, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who wants to be sitting on the side of the road with the Tesla driver chargers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So everybody say, everybody said, I am track shady and Uber shady. Oh that's just a disaster. Because if you're an Uber driver and you have a Tesla. Wouldn't you be on like charged.
Speaker 1: Up well that and you would probably decline a trip to New York.
Speaker 2: Hello, So he did. So that's what he told me. Because once we got into the city, it was a bunch of traffic and he was complaining a lot.
Speaker 1: So I said, so, do you get to New York off? And he said, no, no, I never come to New York.
Speaker 2: He was like, but it kept hitting him. You have to keep in mind, everyone on the train got off and every and it hit him three times. And so then he was like, I just decided to accept oh wow, only for you to pull over on the side of the road and me have to sit there and twitter my thumbs as you charged up the car. Oh my gosh, it was a lie. Dang okay, yeah, yeah, that all of that was shady. That day was just shady. That is, that's frustrated, a shady y good thing. You didn't have to like be somewhere by a certain time.
Speaker 1: That would have been even shadier, right, that would have been like you, you would have been losing your mind.
Speaker 2: So I remind you, this is like a four hundred and fifty dollars uber, right, And so then I tell the people that I'm because I'm coming to New York for a reason. I tell those people, I'm like, hey, train broke down, had taken Uber four hundred and fifty dollars. They were like, well, let me see if, like you know, we can like pay you back? What the app right? Oh yeah, that's shady number three. Y'all was acting like y'all weren't gonna pay me back? Have you lost your mind? Oh you're paying me corporation on television back. Yes, you're like, you have to fill out a w Kno, I don't care. You have to fill out a form Jesus exactly right. God damn it. Otherwise the alternative would have been that you wouldn't have been there. That would not have been Or am I supposed to sit in the train in Philly for three hours? Are supposed to do that? That is so crazy? Okay, moving on, Let's talk about some more shade in the world called Kendrick and Drake. Drake, Yes, the lawsuits. If you haven't heard.
Speaker 3: Frozen Moments, LLC, a company managed by Drake, filed a petition in the New York Supreme Court accusing UMG and Spotify of engaging in a scheme to ensure Kendrick Lamars not Like Us broke through on multiple screaming platforms. According to the petition, Aubrey Graham claimed the label used dis honest tactics to increase the number of listeners for Not Like Us on Spotify and radio stations. He also filed another petition against UMG, alleging defamation and claiming that the label could have stopped the release of not Like Us, which the rapper said in the document is a song falsely accusing him of being a sex offender.
Speaker 2: Have we touched on the lawsuit?
Speaker 1: No, okay, it kind of happened after we recorded.
Speaker 2: The time, Okay, So yeah, are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: So I was trying to, you know, educate myself on this lawsuit and and the reasons behind it, and you know, maybe there's some ulterior some something that we're not really like. Yeah, you know, but it's pretty under dry. So for people to who don't know, Drake is suing u MG, the parent company the record company. Drake has a deal with UMG, and he's saying that UMG inflated the numbers of Kendrick's Not Like Us distract, which was dissing Drake and they they inflated the numbers, and that especially knowing that he was there was a he was being accused of being a pedophile.
Speaker 2: Yes, how dare they right?
Speaker 1: And so they're they're inflating the numbers of this defamatory song, yes, that Kendrick has put out against Drake, Yes.
Speaker 2: Correct, And people have said, like, and he's accusing them of the machine and like the machine, like the marketing machine pumping not like us out there to the world, right, okay.
Speaker 1: And I guess he's trying to say, like they are. I guess he's up for negotiation, like his deal negotiation. I didn't know that, Yeah, okay, So supposedly he's in negotiation with UMG, and so he's trying to say they inflated these numbers to trying to like bring down his value.
Speaker 2: Ah okay, that's kind of what I thought. He said something like, y'all wouldn't have let this fly if it was Taylor Swift and that too.
Speaker 1: So I mean, right, So there's a lot of different things in here, but I think the lawsuits.
Speaker 2: Whack get we getty whack. Yes, I think it's so.
Speaker 1: Whack, it so corny, because I mean, whether the numbers were inflated or not like not like us was actually pretty epic, Like that was not pretty.
Speaker 2: You know, it was epic. It was epic. Yes, so, I mean it's a song right timing, write everything right.
Speaker 1: It was epic and it was epic to the point where I think people who don't know who Kendrick Lamar is. Yes, they wanted to hear this song. Like they heard about the song. They wanted to hear the song. So You're not only have people who are people you know, in the hip hop community or whatever that were listening to the song. You have people outside of the hip hop community listening to the song because they've just heard about this epic disc track that Kendrick Lamar put out. Yes, so you have those numbers coming from wherever.
Speaker 2: From wherever? I Okay, so the other day I'm singing and I just pulled it up. Kendrick is playing the piano and rapping at the same time with no backtrack. So he's playing the piano first of all, or not like us. No, just right now, I'm just like looking at maybe he's like in concert or so, or maybe he's just in the studio. A didn't know he was that talented. I didn't know he played the piano, and I think he plays something else, another instrument. But you're playing the piano and rapping at the same time, Drake, sit down, right, You're not. You're in a different league than Kendrick and it's below him, right.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, okay, see, I still feel I think that song Not Like Us was epic. I can understand the number streaming, blah blah blah all of that. I still don't think that Kendrick's music. Yes, Kendrick is talented. He has more raw talent than Drake. If he can rap these lyricists, he's you know, playing these instruments.
Speaker 2: He's actually well read. Yes, more, he hasn't read a book since the eighth grade, you think, allegedly. I'm just saying he hasn't had since his script on what is that Grosse? And he wrote it he read that, right, Yes.
Speaker 1: But he also reads the comics, the songs that people write for him, right, He.
Speaker 2: Reads the songs, and he raps the songs that people write for him, and he reads the comics allegedly, Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, I think raw talent wise, Kendrick is definitely more talented. But I still think Drake's music. Drake has more hits. His music is more like why it's piety spread, it's more poppy. Yes, it's more mainstream. Kendrick put out a new album, Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Yes? Have you listened to it? I listened to one song and it's horrible. No, it's great.
Speaker 1: Well, there's this one song that I heard recently. I was like, what is this? It's horrible. It sounded like he was trying to like recreate not like us, Like it sounded very similar to not like Us.
Speaker 2: It was like, I'm like, no, like this one doesn't work. That one okay, but that's just one.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I have to listen to the others. Yes, but I just so Drake is whack for the lawsuit. Yes, even if I just feel like, even if what he's saying is right, it's like, oh, we should have just let this die, like you should have just taken a loss with not like us with the dish track you lost the battle and leave it alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, leave it alone, let it go, leave it alone. But I still prefer Drake's music. Okay, you would You and Corey is a Corey Corey? You and Corey Okay, y'all can y'all can have it? You know you like Drake's music. I like Drake, but I like Intelligence. Okay, I'm gonna just leave it there. I was gonna give you a comparison, but I'm not gonna do that. I'm gonna get into trouble. Okay, since we all music, let's just talk about Queen Bee. Because Queen Bee is now what is her title? Now? She is the number one pop artist, right, the number one Billboard? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Billboard Billboard of the twenty first century. Yes, yes, Billboard named her the number one pop artists.
Speaker 2: I mean pretty much. Can we just say ever? Ever? I can say ever? Would you say ever? Would you say be?
Speaker 1: I'd say is better than who do we con pay Michael Michael Jackson?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yeah, I agree? Yeah, Oh you do? I agree? Go Rob. I never liked Michael Jackson. Yeah, he didn't do it for me. Did Prince do it for you? Yes? Okay, that's why you have on purple to do it. That's why purple is my favorite color? Actually? Oh really? Yeah? Because the Prince. Yeah, did you go to his his Paisley Park? No? I did not. He didn't invite you. He did not no, thank thank goodness, he didn't invite me. I mean, why, princess? Like how old? How much older is he than me? Not? Not much? What was Prince six? Prince not could be what?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's probably he would probably be like sixty five at least right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fine's fair game. Okay. So when I was like twenty, did he invite me? When he was forty? No? Yeah he didn't, but he if he saw you in the streets, I'm sure you would have gotten an invitation. I think it would be too big for him, as in tall, yes, okay, he could climb up it, okay. And they say when you lay down, it don't matter, That's what I say. Is that true? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I have I have friends who are like short and they were married to like really tall basketball players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like there.
Speaker 1: Their husbands were like six ' ten and they were like five four, no, like five' one okay, and I'd be.
Speaker 2: Like, how does this work? Like how do y'all do this?
Speaker 1: I mean they would she's just like she always has to get on top or like from behind, but they cannot do missionary.
Speaker 2: Oh why oh? Because she would be so odd? Yeah, think about that. Yeah, now that's funny, right, so that in that case size does matter. Yeah, speaking of size matters, I see that Stephen A. Smith, who I'm not necessarily a fan of. Yeah, are you a fan of Stephen A. Smith? I think he has I think he's got things to say. He's just very loud. I mean, am I a fan? Do? I?
Speaker 1: But I think he does his job well. He does his job well, it's effective. He does what he's supposed to do, which is to create, to create controversy or to say things that are controversial.
Speaker 2: So totally yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: So reportedly he signed a deal with ESPN another one giving him one hundred and twenty million. Wow, six year extension. Oh he's looking pretty good to me now wow, yeah.
Speaker 2: He looks. You like him? Now you're like loving Steven A' Smith. Now you like him. Let's go on a date, sir Steve A. Smith and Jaselle Bryant.
Speaker 1: You know he started off as like a newspaper writer. Oh really in Philly? Yeah, he wrote, He wrote for the newspapers. He was a sports newspaper writer. And so he never he never played in the league. No, no, he's not an athlete.
Speaker 2: I thought this man was because he's kind of tall. Is he he's taller than me? That doesn't I know? That doesn't say much. Okay, all right, so let's stephen a no, now that he didn't sign this deal that you approve of him, I approve, and we can go out on that.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's crazy job security because of ESPN, they fire people all.
Speaker 2: The time, left and right, up and down. Yeah, and you get a six year You know how long six years is in television. Yes, it's huge, right, six year extension? Yeah, one hundred and twenty million. Yeah, we's stud to math? Is that twenty million a year? Not we? You said a hundred twenty yeah? Yeah, Steve, you don't mean I mean like a date with me? What I mean? How much are we gonna spend? You like, I'm just gonna eat CAPR lobster? I don't know. Maybe five hundred dollars yeah, yeah, I mean it makes just make it a thousand, one thousand dollars. Okay, you might have to fly him out. He can handle that. Yeah, I don't know. Fifteen hundred. I mean, I mean, I don't know. Okay, it's going out three thousand. There you go, Okay, let me know when you want to go on the date.
Speaker 1: Sir.
Speaker 2: Look, don't be surprised if he comes calling. I know, because he said this thing. I know he's not. This is why I'm saying this, because his whole thing is he never wants anyone to know who he's dating. Oh that's his thing. Okay, like if they if he goes on a date with a woman and she posts it, yeah, yeah, she's cussed. I'm talking about that. Yeah, right, so let it be known. I would post it, right. Does he have children? No, I'm kidding, I probably wouldn't. Does he have kids, I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but I mean I think it's kind of cool, like he has a daughter he does, Yeah, Okay, I think it's kind of cool. Like he's talking about athletes, so he's in their tax bracket. Because sometimes I think people who are like sports commentators and they've never played sports before and they're just there to just like shit talk the athletes or whatever. It's like, dude, you can't really relate. You're not in their tax bracket, You're not right. So I think by him being in their tax bracket, it kind of like levels that playing field totally you know, so it's like, Okay, well he can understand lifestyle that and he can't be mad at him because a lot of people in sports or whatever or you know, they're like jealous or mad that these players get paid so much money.
Speaker 2: So well, yeah, but people who.
Speaker 1: Don't understand or you know, oh my god, they get paid so much money and they're not too much money is being made off. People don't realize. They don't think about that. They just think about, oh, well, you know, he's always injured or he's resting, but you get paid, you need to play, and you know, all that type of stuff. But I think someone likes Steven A because he makes the same amount of money. He can't really hold that argument over them, you know. Like so so that kind of like levels the playing field a little bit and hopefully makes his commentary non not biased.
Speaker 2: I would not as by it. I would be interested now that I'm thinking about him for five seconds. I'd be interested to see who he is off not working, Yeah, if he turns it off or if he's always scrape man.
Speaker 1: I think he's always like that, like like I mean, can be I don't know what I'll ask one.
Speaker 2: Let's call one and why why. Yeah, I mean he's played in the league.
Speaker 1: He's seen him for like, you know, at games, and he has his they'd with him.
Speaker 2: And yeah, if another person speaking to Wan, if another person sends me the picture of Wan and Michael Jordan and that picture Ron Hallway, it's Lebron.
Speaker 1: The picture is Lebron and Michael Jordan and Wan is in the background.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's the people keep sending it to me. Why do they send it to you? They're like, show Robin. I'm like, I think Robin's seen this. I'm pretty sure has seen this.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I was actually there. Like just I'm like, y'all don't know, y'all look it up.
Speaker 2: There's a picture of Wan, and Wan is like looks like a child, Like, yeah, it was super young. That was his first year in the league, Michael Jordan's and Lebron is there. Yeah, so that the picture is not the reason this picture exists is because it was Michael Jordan and Lebron like one had nothing to do with Yes, yes, it was because one was there, right.
Speaker 1: So the people this picture is popular because you have these two legends, you know, and it was three legends.
Speaker 2: We're not going to discredit one three legends and people listen, if another bird stop saying it to me, send it to arriving, don't send it.
Speaker 1: I've seen it of Actually, I'm just like I was like there, like waiting to go to dinner, like you're.
Speaker 2: Right, like hurry up. Yeah, I remember those days. But I used to be like, how long is it for you to take a shower and put on and uh put on some lotion? Yes, yes, Waiting for athletes after the game is the worst. I remember that. I used to get pissed off. I just be like, I just meet you at the restaurant exactly. But then I would think this is so crazy that I'm even HARKing back. Then I would think that they would take longer, oh, because in their mind, in my mind, right, they could take their time hurrying up because they know I'm waiting.
Speaker 1: Right, I mean that's true, because they could end up like chit chatting, like talking to like the people in the hallway or.
Speaker 2: The totally the whole hallway conversation. And then anyway, God bless you for being so supportive because I didn't have it.
Speaker 1: Yes, well that's why I'm I'm patient. That's why like I'm you know, like I'm slow right, No, No, no, you know how like I'm like I'm never like in a rush, totally, totally because I've had to exercise patience, yes, for a very long time. Yes, you know, like it's always like you always have to just like sit and wait and just so yeah, I'm never in a rush.
Speaker 2: Well it worked for you because y'all are still together. Okay, So I would like to give a a follow up. Yes, this is a follow up okay to blue Sky. Okay, because I've been angry, all right, please do I've already talked about it. Yeah, we already talked about blue Sky. Yes, it's a new platform kind of like a Twitter, and people have somebody has taken my name. Yes, okay, so blue Sky there's an article written, do do do do do? They have gotten so many complaints about this, the names, like about people stealing people's names, holding them hostage, pretending to be these people, right, Okay, So they say that the only reason why they haven't like jumped on it or haven't fixed the problem sooner is because there have been so many people they've bombarded, well, that have subscribed before they can like handle it. Okay, that's a lot. I mean, I don't want to say it's a lie, but like, how hard is it to like delete somebody's page. It's like a click, click, click, right.
Speaker 1: Get on it, Blue Sky, And they should have just from the jump started with some sort of like verification process. Yes, like if you want to open an account with this name, then like who send us your ID?
Speaker 2: Like you know you're you have to. You don't have to do that for Instagram or Twitter. Well how do they verify? So we got verified because of the show, but I mean like, yeah.
Speaker 1: So yeah, so how do they How do they know that this page needs to be verified when people open it?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, that's crazy. I don't know. But Blue Sky get on top of it. It's a click, click, click, And I'm glad that you're aware that that's the problem. And by next week I want my name back the end. Okay, So, just.
Speaker 1: Since we're talking about Blue Sky, someone did write in about Blue Sky with some answers on it. Oh okay, yes, because I was like, well, what do y'all call it? You know how it's like on Twitter you tweet, So I'm like.
Speaker 2: What is it on blue Sky? Okay?
Speaker 1: So this is from Yolanda. Come here, come here?
Speaker 2: Is it Yolanda?
Speaker 1: It's I think Yolanda because it's y a la hy a la. Yes, so phonetically that's ya Yolanda. Okay, okay, so we'll see Yolanda. You can let me know if I'm right.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: But anyway, she says, I'll try to make this quick. She says she always has something to email us about but never has time to. But now she's going to email us. Make it quick, Giselle. Blue Sky is a vibe. I migrated over on the day after election day and I haven't looked back at Twitter. You should get active there. I think you'd enjoy it.
Speaker 2: But did she hear that I have been hacked? Okay, I'm sorry. I'll tell you be quiet. Okay.
Speaker 1: Number two, I reported the fake page and hopefully other people who listen to this show will do the same.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you, yes, thank you. Three.
Speaker 1: To answer two of Robin's questions on Blue Sky, we call posting skating.
Speaker 2: That sounds like skating seemen coming out of the penis exactly.
Speaker 1: So. There's some controversy about the name, but it's hilarious to say. What's great about Blue sky is that there is no algorithm push like Twitter and threads, so you curate the experience you want to have. That's nice versus seeing the people and topics that the algorithm algorithm wants you to see, and there are no ads. It's really a great user experience.
Speaker 2: She says.
Speaker 1: Finally, I am now your two hundred and sixteenth follower on your page you created, so feel free tom follow me back.
Speaker 2: That's so wild. I have two Okay, hold on it because I think she's lying, because the other day I looked and I had like twelve okay, not you know, Okay, hold on, I think she's following the fake site. Oh shoot, all right, well let's go hold on, let's see. Oh no, she's right. Okay, I now have two thirty two Thank you, Yolanda, a whole two hundred and thirty two people. Thanks guys, buddy.
Speaker 1: And then she says side note, she saw I met you at Essence Essence Fest several years ago. Oh nice, and you were so sweet and down to earth. Oh thank you. Whenever I hear someone talking greasy about you, I always share my experience meeting you, because you really were pleasant and nothing like what some perceive based on seeing you on TV. Yes, you were both such a joy and you keep me laughing out like them out loud in my car. Thanks for sharing your lives with it.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, Ylanda. Yes yes oh oh she goes by Diva. Oh what up? Diva? Yes, diva yo? Okay we can call her yo diva Yeah, diva ya Diva ya Diva, yes, diva. Okay, it's another follow up because I remember I told you to watch the movie, I mean those at the show Cross. Yeah, did you want no? Okay?
Speaker 1: I started watching, say I'm stuck. I haven't picked it back up, okay, because I've been watching other stuff.
Speaker 2: Soon. I want you to know that I don't know if anyone takes my picks to heart. Okay, I think people do? They do? I think people do. I know how to pick it? Okay, Okay. So this Cross, which is on Prime starring adis Altus Hodge, has become a huge hit Powers past twenty five million viewer mark, which apparently is a very big thing. Okay. That sounds actually huge. Yeah, that sounds like a lot of people. And I'm sure they're getting ready for a season two. So I just want y'all know if I say it's good, it's good. Okay, So it's good, it's good. Like what out of ten? How many? I don't know. Okay, everything has wrung for improvement. So eight point five? Okay, yes, all right, great, I was I was in there with it. Okay. So Joe Biden pardons his son, his son named Hunter. Yes, who was kind of the.
Speaker 1: Fact that he is even up for a quote crime, There was a little shaky anyway, because like, Joe, how did did you really commit these crimes? Well, he's been found guilty of like it's a lot of stuff. Right.
Speaker 4: Hunter was convicted of lying on a form about his drug use when he purchased a gun, and in a separate case, agreed to plead guilty to tax charges. Biden argues his son's charges came about only after several of my political opponents in Congress instigated them to attack me and oppose my election. The president's decision is a reversal from a position he held for months.
Speaker 2: And have you ruled out a pardon for your son?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay? What is it like fraud? Like tax? Was it like tax evasies? And supposedly he didn't say that he owned the gun on his tax form. I don't know. It's something.
Speaker 1: Listen, you don't put guns on your tax or it's whatever it is, okay, whatever Hunter Biden's charges were, Yah, I.
Speaker 2: Don't give a damn. I don't either.
Speaker 1: I don't give a damn. And I know Joe Biden better had pardon his son. And let me tell you that, well he pardoned his son. Oh my gosh. He was like, you know what, I'm pardoning my son, and all of y'all.
Speaker 2: Can kiss my pale.
Speaker 1: Crusty, wrinkly ass like who cares? And because I love the way he did it. He pardoned his son just it was just his son that day, right, Hopefully there's like more pardons to come. I sure hopefully you know, hundreds or whatever of other people that he's partying.
Speaker 2: But I love how he said.
Speaker 1: He he didn't like put his son in the middle, like he didn't bunch.
Speaker 2: Carry up like in the middle of like a bunch of He just said, I'm partoning my son. His name is Hunter. Yes, yes, the end.
Speaker 1: And who gives a damn? If he said he wasn't going to pardon, I don't give a damn.
Speaker 2: Don't care. Yes, as a matter of fact, he was supposed to say that. When he said it, I know, like, why was he doing it?
Speaker 1: Why were you capp And then Joe like, I understand you were trying to be politically correct, but no, we.
Speaker 2: Can't blame you if you pardon your son. Never better.
Speaker 1: Actually, actually he probably would have lived with guilt every day of the rest of his life had he not pardoned his son. Can you imagine having that power and you leave that on the table.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, he was not going to do that. He was never going to do that.
Speaker 1: And Joe said, y'all, we know everybody knows.
Speaker 2: What we're gonna have in January. Criminal and a criminal and a criminal. So if you think I'm doing something or let me okay allegedly, let me take out criminal, I'm gonna say a liar and a liar and a liar.
Speaker 1: So he was. He was convicted. It was crime, So he is a cmono. I just didn't want people come a criminal.
Speaker 2: So if I told one lie, y'all are dealing with a man that tells five hundred a day, right, So it is what it is, and he better and his son, yeah better. But the fact that democrats are like winding about it. I think they're just trying to They're just trying to play this politically correct game.
Speaker 1: I don't say nothing. I would say nothing. Yeah, I would just be like, yeah, you better have pardoned your son. Yes, Otherwise I would have been like, what can you point? What's the point of being president? And if you can't pardon your son?
Speaker 2: I know. Yeah, So anyway, don't have me be president. Grace Gone commits because you can do what you want to do.
Speaker 1: I like Carter it exactly because I will pardon everybody. But there there is like ten thousand non offending or non criminal, what do you call it?
Speaker 2: Non the marijuana ten thousand? Just let him out. Yeah, I think he will.
Speaker 1: You think ten thousand, But I don't know about I mean I don't I don't know how you organize that or regulate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he'll. I think he'll do right by hopefully. I think it were for people.
Speaker 1: But I really think he was like, no, I'm about to make this statement.
Speaker 2: I'm about to.
Speaker 1: Pardon Hunter and Hunter only on this day. Okay, y'all gonna hear this part in Loud and Clean, Loud and the Freak Clear.
Speaker 2: Okay, have we talked about Wicked. Did we talk about Wicked the last time? No? We had not. Have you seen it?
Speaker 1: No? I actually need some like explanation what I'm explaining.
Speaker 2: Can you like tell, like, what's the big deal? Huh? Okay, So I see it? Okay. So it's about the Wizard of Oz. Oh, my god, I just ponder as to how we became friends because I don't understand. I need help with this. Okay. So do you you know Wicked the play? I've never seen. I don't. Yeah, wow, I have never seen it. This is boy Mom personified. I've seen the Wicked play maybe four times.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of the Wicked play?
Speaker 2: Are you the Kristin Chenowith. I'm sorry? Okay, I'm sorry too. I like her? I'm sorry. Okay. So, yes, this boy Mom Wicked play is about you know, you've heard the Wizard of Oz. Yes, okay. So it's before that, okay, right, okay? Or maybe it's after. I think it's before. It's before that. So it's a prequel. It's a prequel, y'all. Don't come for me if it's If it's a sequel, I think it's a prequel. And it kind of explains how Alphaba who's the Wicked Witch? Okay, comes to pass or comes about? Okay? Right? And Glinda the Good? We all love Christian. She and her were friends when they were growing up, so it's kind of like their story of how like they were friends, everything was great and then all of a sudden, all help broke loose in oz got it? Yes? Okay, that's cute. It's so cute. Okay, So let's keep in mind there's a lot going on with this story, okay, okay. So we have Christian Chinawi is that her last name? Yes? Probably, And then we have the the girl you know, Adina Medela.
Speaker 1: What's her name, oh, Adina man Mozelle, Manzielle.
Speaker 2: Or something, the one that was waring Yes, beautiful, yeah, her voice amazing. Okay. So those two are the originals on Broadway. Got it? Okay? So Christian obviously was Glinda the Good. Okay. So this thing's been around for a long time, Oh my god, okay, Wicked one oh one? Yes, okay, maybe twenty years oh wow? Okay, So okay, So to put this in perspective, who's the girl that plays Glinda? Now, Ariana Grande. Ariana Grande went to go see it as a child. Okay, somehow they took her backstage. There's a picture of her hugging Oh Kristin Genoyth. That's really cute, so cute. And she's always said once she saw that that Broadway play, she changed her life and she always wanted to bleep be Glinda the good Oh that's really sweet. So now this comes to so now this is hit the big screen. Yes, okay. So we have Ariana Grande, who we know is a powerhouse. We have Cynthia the Mario Arriva, who is that thing is bad, super talented, super talented on one hundred million levels. Okay. So she's playing the Witch. Okay, and it's incredible. So you saw it. You saw the movie. I saw the movie and at the end, you know, there's there's a song. I can't remember the name of the song, but the end of the movie is Cynthia singing and hitting that last note. Mind just part one and part two, okay, okay, this is part one. It's part one, okay. And she's like, oh, oh, chills up your spine.
Speaker 1: It's goosebumps everywhere. Really, it's amazing. So Cynthia out saying Arianna.
Speaker 2: No, they're equal. Okay, they're totally equal. And I know there was all this chatter about like Ariana got fifteen million and she only got one. That's a lie. It's gotta be a lie. It better be a lie. I'm sure they're totally equal. Like how would we know that? How would we know what they got? I don't know, right, I can't see Disney doing that. Okay, actually I can, but you know, I think the right thing. I think they did the right thing, right, Okay, Okay, So yeah it's amazing. Okay, I don't suggest you go see it, oh you rob it because I'm clueless, because you're clueless. I want the rest of the world to go see it's pretty good. But what if I like, what if I might like it? You think I won't like it? I know you, Robin, and you're gonna be like because it's a musicale and you can be like, I don't want to listen know these So where are they going to stop singing? It's stupid? Yeah, no, I don't want to hear that. So so you know it.
Speaker 1: I might watch it just for you, just but it's like so I can be like, So.
Speaker 2: My whole point is it broke records for their debut.
Speaker 1: So people approve it. They're like saying, oh, this is great. It's as good as the Broadway show.
Speaker 2: Yeah better or yeah, oh I mean you know, movie are different from a Broadway play. Yeah, I can't really compare the two, but the story is still the same. Okay, and you don't. I was like, I told I went with Angel, and I was like, songs are in it? I told agent before we got there. I was like, you know what, I kind of forgot the story. Okay, So it was kind of good that I forgot, because then I was like surprised with everything. But you don't get you don't get bored with the singing because they can sing. Okay. Oh and just a little tidbit when they did the whole acting of it all. Normally there's a track that will run and they're kind of singing on top of the track in a studio. No, they did it real time on the set on the set. Oh wow, Yes, that's what they wanted to do. Okay, I said, get it, y'all.
Speaker 1: I might have to check it out when it comes to like Netflix or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I say about Gladiator, because Gladiator broke some records too, Pregenzel, Oh did you see that? I did not? Okay, okay, okay, yeah, but I I'll see that on Netflix or whenever it comes to my Yeah, I'm not running the couch. When it comes to my couch, I'll see it, yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: I So, I I haven't really been into going to the movie theaters period, and now I'm like really not into going to the movie theaters because there was a young lady that came into my business, Glow thirty, and she was interested in maybe like working as the front desk host.
Speaker 2: And shameless plug my business Glow thirty to get into it. Love it of course. I mean.
Speaker 1: So she was saying how she worked at the movie theater but she had to quit why.
Speaker 2: Because there were rats in theater.
Speaker 1: I almost don't even want to say it, but it's like one that like I Corey went to recently Arnda Mels, Columbia.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, yeah, no, I'll just wait till everything comes out O Jesus, Netflix Prime.
Speaker 2: Okay, So the the movie theater that I went to go see that I went to to see Wicked, they they changed their whole I guess they ripped out all the seats and they put in seats all only reclined seats. Oh wow, okay, so my feet were up. That's nice. Yeah, your feet were up. So no rats, No, but I could not imagine. I could not imagine.
Speaker 1: But think about it. You're in this like dark theater. Yeah, like they could be like running around everywhere. So she left the movie theater and now she works at Go thirty. Well she was just she was inquiring about a job. Okay, you hire we don't have rats.
Speaker 2: Did you hire her? Not yet? Not yet, but just this might be the employee of the month. It's all because of rats. Hey, listen, you gotta get your wins where you get your wins, That is all right. Do we have any letters?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, let's read this one and can we can be out, says hi Jasella. Robbin, Hey, this is from Luke s Luke says Robin. I am so excited to see that you were officially announced to be on the Traders else because.
Speaker 2: We haven't talked about it. Yesonem Okay, okay, first of all, okay, now that we've brought this up, loved your picture, oh thank you, totally loved your picture like you were like given, what were you giving? You were giving?
Speaker 1: I'm a ball, try and try me. If you want to hose, try me f around and find out hose. Either I'm a trader yes, or I'm a faithful or i'mna find the traders.
Speaker 2: F around and find out hose. Okay, he was given all of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he says, as someone who loves both Bravo and CBS reality shows, I am curious to hear what were your first impressions meeting some of the big CBS personalities like Carolyn, Tony and Brittany also Giselle. If you were asked, would you do the traders? Much love to you both, So, Luke, I hate to break it to you. I had no clue who Carolyn, Tony.
Speaker 2: And Brittany was asked, who are those people? I don't. I just I never I don't watch what shows were on.
Speaker 1: So Carolyn and Tony were on Survivor okay, and Brittany was on Big Brother.
Speaker 2: So I actually I never watched those shows. Yeah, I don't. I don't watch them. I don't know anything about them.
Speaker 1: The only Survivor person that I can that I ever know of is Boston Robb and Boston robb was on the show too. He was on Traders, so like you, yeah, so why did he name that person? I don't know, maybe he missed the Boston Robberson therest Boston Robs on Traders. Okay, so that's like it, because like that was Boston robb was on like one of like the first I don't know, he was on like the first few seasons, early seasons of Trader, and he was pretty you know, I don't know a Trader or survivor I'm sorry survivor.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I had no idea who any of the people were, Like if you weren't on Bravo or like Britney Spears's ex husband, then I had no idea who anyone was, which I think was actually really refreshing, Like it was, oh yeah, it's nice, you know, it's really cool to just be like, Okay, I don't know who you guys are. I don't know who you were on your show, and so I'm just gonna like get I'm just gonna talk to you and get to know you for who you are in front of me today.
Speaker 2: So do you think they knew who the Bravo people were?
Speaker 1: I think no, And I actually I think a lot of the CBS people, some of them did I know that Brittany knew Brittany was like fangirling over all the housewives, like she was really excited. But I don't think that like Carolyn and Tony and like some of the other people on the show, like knew who a lot of.
Speaker 2: Who a lot of us were.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, like I said, is you know, it's kind of cool to have that. But so I don't know like what their reputation was on their show, and so I just thought it was like it was cool that I didn't know that because I don't, you know, I didn't want to go in with any preconceived notions about anybody totally, even Tom Sandival.
Speaker 2: Yeah but you you met Tom before. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying like people have preconceived notions about Tom Sandival just because of Scandival, and I'm like, that has nothing to do with is having a hard time that that vander Pump is gone, that Van Pump's gone there, you know, hiring revamping or re Yeah, yeah, I'm sure because that was a big part of all of their lives.
Speaker 2: Well, I would think he would be relieved a bit right, because he then can let that portion of the disastrous ending.
Speaker 1: No, I know, I mean honestly, I get the impression that that was very much his life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So vander Pump ending and probably for a lot of them, and you know, I know the other ones, some of them have the other show, yeah Valley, but being on television and being on vander Pump and being a public figure, and you know, that is very much their life and Tom's life.
Speaker 2: So I'm pretty if he's having a hard time, I believe that, Okay, And so what I do it, especially when I do it. Yes, So I feel like I know a little bit too much because you haven't told me. Yeah, some things that would probably cause me to slip my wrists and lose my mind that you had to go through in filming this show, right, So it's a noe for me for now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I suggest I think she should do it like once she's like done done with like with life.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By the way, I know, I don't know who anybody is. So I was in Sachs in New York, and I'm with, you know, like my shopper guy until we get onto the elevator and this guy gets on the Elevator's bunch of people in the elevator, but one guy in particular was like singing. But I was like, I'm paying him any attention because I don't. It's my rule. I don't pay attention to anyone in elevators. Like that's my rule. Okay, I broke up with this guy because he talked in the elevator. It's a whole thing. But any it's a whole thing. So h yes, that's that. We need to discuss this. Continue to discuss this at a later date. Backstreet Boys, Joey Joey Fatone, there we go. No, he's in sync. Oh shoot, what about him? They were on the elevator. Yeah, he's singing. He was singing on the elevator. Yeah, he got in. So the guy, I didn't notice any of this, he said. He they said he got in the elevator and he looked at me and I'm not paying any attention. I don't even see him get on the elevator, but I do remember hearing singing and he was like, I what is this song? I will or something right now. I don't know. I want you Giselle right now. I don't know anyway. But my whole point is I don't know who anyone is. If I would know, then maybe I would have paid attention. Anyway, We're out of here, guys. We love y'all so much. So ever, forget to live your life. Either reasonable or Chow you're both. Reasonably Shady is a production of the Black Effect podcast Network.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen
Speaker 2: To your favorite shows, and you can connect with us on social media at Robin Dixon, ten, Giselle Bryant, and Reasonably Shady