Speaker 1: And even though he's.
Speaker 2: You don't need to say no, I mean, come on now, Like, the thing is is the quarterback is always going to receive the blend, like the the brunt of the the criticism.
Speaker 1: But Brock is like the least of my worries. Brock is made of the right stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can he protect the ball better, sure, but he's the reason why we have a chance to win games and every single game that we're in, like right now, I can't like the The common denominator right now is that I haven't been able to say in the in the last three losses that man, the defense had our best outing.
Speaker 1: We just happened to lose. We're not playing good football.
Speaker 2: On our side, and that's the reason why we haven't won the last three games. And that's got to get figured out, and it will get figured out. The Bible would be great for us. You know, people wanna say, oh man, it sucks like we can't just get the taste out of our mouth after a quick turn around, Like we had that opportunity this week and we didn't.
Speaker 1: We didn't get it right.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna look at it as you know, a good reset to be able to go into the buy and figure this thing out and get back to playing forty nine or defense, because right now we're not.
Speaker 1: What you just said about the defense is the most of your worries right now. What specifically are the things that are going wrong with uh?
Speaker 2: Just inconsistency across the board. Uh, I think tackling has been an issue when it hasn't been in the past. You know, players have got to execute at a higher level, including myself. We gotta play more as a unit. There's gotta be more hunt to the football at all three levels. There's gotta be more penalty free football. Like I said, execution gotta be higher. We think that we're we're preparing hard. We think that we're putting a lot of work in. Obviously we're not doing enough. You know, there's gotta be more. There's gotta be more there. You know, it's just what it is.
Speaker 1: Seen character your defense. What do you see from the past coverage or the past defense and change out? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, we uh, we we were gonna keep a simple as game and and rely on our execution to uh, you know, play play our coverage and with our.
Speaker 1: Uh with our rush. And it just wasn't enough today.
Speaker 2: Uh, playing complimentary football, and uh, I have to look at the tape to see exactly where we where we were wrong in that in that face.
Speaker 1: Defensively, how damaging do you think that that verse third down was? Uh? What were you have? Two defensive line? I missed that sack and rolls out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I we gotta be we gotta be better on third and long, Like that's gotta be automatic off the field, you know, when we get 'em backed up in a third and long situation.
Speaker 1: I think back to back weeks.
Speaker 2: We had one last week where it was about a third and twelve and we gave up a checkdown for a first down in the in the beginning of the game.
Speaker 1: Same thing this game.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, Like that's not back breaking, Like I think we gotta we gotta be better at bouncing back, you know, off of adversity, Like who cares if they get a first down you know, backed up in that situation early in the game, Like, but how are we gonna respond?
Speaker 1: You know? Like it is what it.
Speaker 2: Is this last week. That's something that's game rights still Like me, I mean, we haven't shown that we can play from behind and come back and win a football game.
Speaker 1: So that's something that we gotta address in and get better at.
Speaker 2: Uh. We can't just be a team that can only win when we're up, you know what I'm saying. So that's why I'm sure that something will look.
Speaker 1: At really over confident after we think that was part thirty two, not at all, I don't think so. I think.
Speaker 2: I think after we won that game and we're going into the Browns, I mean, I think every single week, the mindset is just to go one and know, like give ya all to like just just win one game, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it's like to say that them.
Speaker 2: The mindset shifted after that after going starting five and no, I don't thinks.
Speaker 1: I I really don't think so it just isn't enough.
Speaker 2: And the easy thing right now to do is to is to say, you know, I'm s it's to tuck away somewhere. S. Stuff is hard, you're down three to zero, you know, kind of hide in the corner. But I promise, like that's that's not the type of guys that we got. That's not who I am. I know, I'm gonna stand tall, I'm gonna continue to rally the team I'm gonna continue to show up and put the most work.
Speaker 1: In I can. And words are great. You know, I'm not I'm not.
Speaker 2: Trying to sit here and just give you a speech, but like I'm actions obviously gotta lead first. So uh that's just what what we're gonna do. So he's got some prism Steve Wilkes, you know, you know, you know he's the coach's that's kind of that's the likely lead.
Speaker 1: But what do you think about the way he's coordinated. He said that he's kind of learning the defense. He's think there's an adjustment period's still going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's the least my words. Honestly, I think players win games, not coaches. I think uh, I think he's done a great job. I think right now. The the issue is, I mean there's there's gonna be ebbs and flows in the season, especially with a new defense coordinator. I think the offensive side is has gone through that as well when we lost mc daniel.
Speaker 1: You know, like even though Kyle is a play caller.
Speaker 2: Like when you lose a coach, there's gonna be adjustments being made throughout the season. So we gotta continue to work on that. But At the end of the day, players are gonna be the reason why that we win games. We gotta execute at a higher level. Uh, player wise, attack this year.
Speaker 1: Had been much year at all. Since you get here, what can you put your finger on miss your west for me? Uh nothing, I'd really put my finger on. I'm not I'm not gonna make excuses for while we're missing tackles. You gotta gotta tackle betterers of the defense? What what and you say? What did you say to your defensive teammates?
Speaker 2: And today I said to the defense and to the entire team, it was I mean, this is it? Like we didn't have a a game after this after like this was our season right here? For there's one game, you know what I'm saying, obviously knowing that we had a boy going into the next week, just just emptying the tank, uh for one game, and uh it obviously wasn't enough, right, I got