Speaker 1: This is black and white. I mean, hold the hearings. Bring these people up. I mean Bill Barr, he is soaker up and the trail. He can't hide it. They can't scrub it or hide. It's all there. The only way that this gets buried and goes away is if somehow Congress doesn't open the sup.
Speaker 2: I'm John Cipher and I'm Jerry O'Shea. I serve in the CIA's Clandestine Service for twenty eight years, living undercover all around the.
Speaker 3: World, and in my thirty three years with the CIA, I served in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East.
Speaker 2: Although we don't usually look at it this way, we created conspiracies.
Speaker 3: In our operations. We got people to believe things that weren't true.
Speaker 2: Now we're investigating the conspiracy theories we see in the news almost every day.
Speaker 3: We'll break them down for you to determine whether they could be real or whether we're being manipulated.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Mission Implausible. So now we're going to continue our discussion with Lev Parnas. As you recall, Lev Parnas is a Soviet born American businessman. He was a former associate of Rudy Giuliani's and along with Jiuliani in Ukraine. They were conspiring to create a theory that Joe Biden was involved in criminal activities.
Speaker 3: In October of twenty twenty one, Lef Parnas was found guilty of funneling money from pro Russian Ukrainian oligarchs to the Trump campaign.
Speaker 4: And he did his time and he's now out.
Speaker 3: So led Parnas was colluding with the Russians to funnel money into the Trump campaign.
Speaker 2: From the outside, Lev looked like another member of the rogues gallery that circled around Rudy Giuliani and the former president, many who like Lev, ended up serving time as such. We naturally had some reservations about Lev and as apparent change of heart, but like several others that have broken from the former president, his stories seemed to hold together, and since he has unique insights, we think it's valuable to hear from him, even if we're not totally okay with what he has done and how he got here. Well, let's continue with part two of our conversation with Lev Parnas, going.
Speaker 3: Back to twenty sixteenth. There is something interesting I just want you to comment on it. So in the run up to twenty sixteen, Trump said straight out, I have no business interests right now in Russia.
Speaker 4: Nothing going on.
Speaker 2: Trump said that in a presidential debate with Hillary Clinton. Here's a clip.
Speaker 4: I don't know Putin.
Speaker 5: I think it would be great if we get along with Russia because we could fight ISIS together as an example.
Speaker 4: But I don't know Putin.
Speaker 5: But I noticed anytime anything wrong happens, they like to say the Russians. The Russian doesn't know if it's the Russians doing the hacking. Maybe there is no hacking, but they always blame Russia. And the reason they blame Russia because they think they're trying to tarnish me with Russia.
Speaker 4: I know nothing about Russia.
Speaker 5: I know I know about Russia, but I know nothing about the inner workings of Russia. I don't deal there. I have no businesses that have no loans from Russia. I have a very very great balance sheet.
Speaker 3: Later it came out that was a lie that Rudy Giuliani and he were both working on putting in this large deal to put Trump Tower into Moscow, and that they had actually signed a letter of intent, and Rudy Juli had said, yes, we do have a letter of tent with Russia during the run up to the twenty sixteen elections. But it wasn't signed. And then he said, yes, it was signed.
Speaker 2: I think that was Cohen. Wasn't that Cohen, not Julianna.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I Rudy it was Michael Cohen and Felix Ader.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I stand corrected.
Speaker 3: So the Russians in the run up to the twenty sixteen election, they knew that Trump was lying to the American people, but the American people didn't know that that was a lie.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely so.
Speaker 3: I mean in our world that's compromise, right, that's compromise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a compromid. But not only that, these are messages that they see. People think that Trump colluding with Russia means that Trump and Puchin again on the phone, and they concocted this plan. And now they go, no, that didn't happen. That's what I mean. That doesn't mean colluding didn't happen. You know, Trump is a useful idiot. He's doing things that Puchin himself can't imagine somebody would do strictly like out of Puchin's playbook, by dismantling NATO, by attacking Ukraine, by causing havoc in the States by telling the whole world America first, and we don't care about what happens, pulling our shoulders everywhere. You know, I mean all of these things is if could have asked them to do it.
Speaker 3: I want to be clear for the audience to understand. So Trump knows and this has been proven, this isn't intersputed. Trump knows that he's lied, that there's a letter of intent that the Russians have, the information is still working in this and yet Trump trusted that Putin wouldn't come out during the election and say that's a lie. Here's the letter of intent. We do have a business deal on the tape.
Speaker 1: Correct, Well, don't forget Manifor was working for Trump.
Speaker 3: So Trump trusted that Putin wouldn't do that. And Trump knew that Putin could destroy him if he wanted to.
Speaker 1: But you can understand another thing. You can understand that Trump had the same analytics, if not even better than stuff that we were shown. They knew that Russia's involved in the elections. They knew Russia's but and that benefit when he was even asked the question, they said, you know what, presidents aren't really supposed to take foreign information. If somebody old you up and had said they had some dirt on Hillary Clinton, would you take it? He goes absolutely. What I'm saying to you is he wanted that interference, so he wanted to basically send messages back and forth that were playing ball. Just think about even this, guys, what benefit did Donald Trump have to do a couple of months ago when he came out on media and all of a sudden said I'm gonna, you know, NATO, if they don't pay up, you know, I'm going to tell Putchin he could do whatever he wants. People thought that was just a crazy rant, but there wasn't. It was a message sent to Putchin.
Speaker 6: NATO was busted until I came along. I said, everybody's going to pay.
Speaker 5: They said, well, if we don't pay, are you still going to protect us?
Speaker 6: I said absolutely not. They couldn't believe the answer, and everybody you never saw more money pour in. The Secretary General Stoltenberg, well, I don't know if he is anymore, but he was my biggest fan. He said, all these presidents came in, they'd make a speech, they'd leave, and that was a bit.
Speaker 5: And they all owed money and they wouldn't pay it.
Speaker 4: I came in, I made a speech.
Speaker 2: And I said, you got to pay up.
Speaker 5: They ak me that question.
Speaker 6: One of the presidents of a big country stood up said, well, sir, if we don't pay and we're attacked by Russia, will you protect us?
Speaker 5: I said, you didn't pay your delinquent.
Speaker 4: He said, yes, let's say that happened. No, I would not protect you.
Speaker 6: In fact, I would encourage them to do whatever the hell they want.
Speaker 7: You gotta pay, you gotta pay your bills.
Speaker 4: And the money came flowing in.
Speaker 1: And what happened a couple of days later, which was a response from Putin, what happened Navani got killed. He responded to him by saying, basically, yeah, we will do what ever we want. And these are type of things actions there have. Because he didn't have to go say, he could have waited to be president and behind the door said that to NATO officials like normal presidents say and negotiate with him. He didn't have to come out while he's running for US and run on that platform. Just think about it. He basically said, I'm running on a platform. If I get into office, I'm going to dismantle NATO. Because they don't pay enough, and I'm going to allow Vladimir Putin to do what he wants.
Speaker 2: Understand each other exactly, You understand the systema exactly.
Speaker 1: That's that's why people say, well, did Trump tell you to do this? Exactly? No, Trump doesn't talk like that. Trump spoke to Rudy. Rudy filled them in and they came up to me and said, thank you for the good work. Continue the good job. That's that old New York Mafia type of way of doing things. Just in case you're being listened to, or just in case somebody you know, you're talking code. You talk to me. You know, you don't walk in and say I'm going to blow up your restaurant. You come in and say, oh, yeah, what a beautiful restaurant. God forbid, something should happen to it. You know. It's like that type of a system works too, exactly. I mean, it's it's built off of the same narcissistic mentality of you know, fear power, intimidation.
Speaker 4: I got a question.
Speaker 3: According to Washington Post, Rudy Giuliani was specifically told by the FBI or somebody that he was being manipulated by Russian intelligence all these these people we talked about. Giuliani later sort of disputed that said, no, I wasn't told, so I don't know where that actually is. So he wasn't he told? And then second of all, what did the Russians think of what's it like to work with Rudy Giuliani? I mean, did they pick him because he was easy pickings?
Speaker 1: Like? No, you gotta understand. I mean, these people like Rudy Julian and Trump are really useful idiots. I mean they're spewing propaganda that the Russians themselves could make up. They've joined. They're both of their initiative and theory and purpose is on the same level. They both want to get Trump into office. It's like they know what needs to be done. The Russians know they need to interfere into our elections and do whatever possible to get Trump into office. And Trump and Rudy and everybody else knows that they need to deflect all of this to make sure the American public doesn't think it's the Russians and let them get away with whatever they're doing. And that's simply what's going on in open form the whole world to see. I mean they're not even hiding it. I mean, it's in plain sight. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: But when you say they're useful idiots, and that's a long time term used with sort of Russian intelligence and the Soviets. But do any of them believe it? Does Trump believe these things? Does Rudy believe this absolutely? And then the names of people we talked about Nunia's sessions, Juliana Perry, Ron Johnson, the Manaport. Did they know they're lying or do some of them actually believe this stuff?
Speaker 1: Well, some of them believe it, like for instance, Rudy and Trump, I mean think Joe Biden is corrupt, They think Joe Biden's whole family is corrupt. They think Joe Biden plagiarized stuff. I mean it goes back and back and back. So yeah, I mean they truly believe it. They just think they got him and they're going to disclose it. But then you got people like Ron Johnson, I mean, how could he believe the truth? Just think about he signed the letter to get Victor Choken fired. He was one of the congressmen, Republican Congressman Ron Johnson, Senator Ron Johnson that signed the letter saying that Victor Schokn is corrupt and he needs to go. In twenty fifteen sixteen, whenever that letter was written, and now fast forward it in twenty eighteen nineteen. He didn't want to get involved and was put into this by the group and then said that he would push this information through the halls of Congress. And now fast forward it to twenty twenty four. He's the leader. I'm saying that Victor Shokin was fired by Biden. So you told me. I mean, it's simple. I mean, this is how corrupt these guys are. It's just like Rudy Giuliani if you take a look at the Feartish stuff. Literally a month before he decided for us to take Fiata Sean and have Victoria Tonzing signed a million dollar contract with them and everything like that. A month before that, Rudy was on Fox TV saying that Demitri Featish is the worst of the worst, that how come he still hasn't been extra guited that this is a Russian acid intelligent that you're working with Ukraine inter fear in our elections. And then a month later he's taking a million dollars from him and everything is hon Kydorian we're moving forward and this is black and white. I mean, hold the hearings, bring these people up. I mean Bill Barr, he is so corrupt and the trail he can't hide it. The only way he could hide this trail is if they don't hold the hearings. It's all there. It's all in email messages, between interoffice emails and text messages. They can't scrub it or hide It's all there. The only way that this gets buried and goes away is if somehow Congress doesn't open this up.
Speaker 4: Let's take a breather and back in a moment, and we're back.
Speaker 3: You know, you were part of this conspiracy to create conspiracy Theoris John said. You were convicted of being a go between between Russian oligarchs to manipulate the US political system. And now you've come out on the other side and you're basically telling the truth. What was your personal journey from there?
Speaker 4: The truth?
Speaker 1: My only true conviction with that, And I am sorry and I apologized to is. You know, I had a business twelve years ago. It was supposed to be an insurance company anti fraud people to be able to get money back if they invested in the company. And that turned out to be fraud. And that's the company Rudy Giuliani stole half a million dollars from that never never even got investigated from. Yeah, I made mistakes. I lied to my I mean I had six shareholders. They were all my friends. You know. When I say lied, you know, it's not like I like to them to steal money from I like to them because I tried to build a business and do the right thing, thinking I'm doing the right thing. Was it wrong? Absolutely? And I admitted it, and I will pay back all the money. And I'm glad that I had a chance to reflect because back then I wouldn't think that what I did was wrong, but today I could admit it. As far as the other charges, I mean, let's go over them. My first charge was getting rid of a US ambassador with co conspirator and that Peede sessions that got dropped because they didn't want to bring Trump and everybody else. Then they superseded me, and they superseded me with election fraud. So let's go into election fraud. So one of the charges was saying that I lied to the FEC. Why is it consider aized because I got found guilty of election frauds so automatically because my statement to the FC is considered false, which I never liked nobody. I told them the true story that we had a real company, which they tried to say was a shell. The reason why they said that I was putting Russian money into elections was because my partner, Ego, was the main source of getting this money and we were putting it in and Ego had businesses all over the world. He would have Russian money, Ukrainian mush, Israel, America and Africa. He sold milk, import exported baby milk all over the world. So in his accounts, all that money was intermingled, and out of that account money went to Ron DeSantis and other you know congrahat Donald Trump. They didn't want to do nothing with Trump Ukraine. Nothing. All they tried to do is push the narrative that you know, we were trying to get rid of the US ambassador. And that's embarrassing because you're telling me and you guys worked for the CIA, our Service, Intelligence Services, the FBI, CIA and everybody's a lot better than that. They don't and especially the Southern District. You're gonna tell me they did all of the investigation arrested me and then dropped that charge a month later, and then started another investigation just to be able to make sure that I get convicted, and don't they don't have egg in their face.
Speaker 4: And why have you decided to tell the truth now?
Speaker 1: I start telling the truth after my arrest, right before the impeachment, after I got rid of Trump's lawyers John Dowd and Kevin Downing and hired my lawyer, Joe Bondi. We had met my wife and him. I remember in his office having a heart to heart and he told me that you can't do this half assed. Either you're all in or you got to just keep your mouth shut. And we spoke about pros and cons and I looked at my wife. I said, I want to be able to look at my kids in their eyes one time, and my grandkids and be able to say I did the right thing, that I was on the right side of history, you know, And I'm not going to keep quiet no matter what the cost is. And that's when I chose to go on Rachel Maddow and do that interview because my lawyer wouldn't allow me. The Southern District was very pissed at me because I want to tea but I knew I had to get up there and put it on the record what was going on. Even if that time people thought I was crazy because I had no proof. Everything was sealed. But now if we look it back four years afterwards, every single thing I said, and just like in the words of Jamie Raskin, they said, if Left Partners was able to testify in the first impeachment of Donald J. Trump, we wouldn't be here today.
Speaker 4: Here's more of that interview with Rachel Maydow.
Speaker 8: In terms of the information the allegations against Vice President Biden, mister Schokin makes allegations against mister Biden. Mister Lutsenko also makes allegations against mister Biden. Do you believe that those allegations were true.
Speaker 1: When we were dealing with it, when I was in the middle of the thick of things, I think I was kind of and I I keep saying, it's like a cultish, uh environment, uh, being around President Trump, because I mean, like I've been in DC for two years, I've never left the Trump Hotel type of a situation. So, uh, I truly believed seeing different information that was handed to us at that time that uh Joe Biden was doing something illegal. Uh, not so much Hunter Biden, but more Joe Biden. But after analyzing all the evidence and sitting back and really what's it called understanding what's going on? I don't think the I don't think Vice President by did anything wrong. I think he was protecting our country and uh getting rid of probably a crooked uh uh attorney general and uh people use this uh to their advance and a lot of rich people in Ukraine have their own agenda and they use us here for their own political stuff. So I think this was a big one.
Speaker 2: So what's next? I mean, obviously in this day and age, especially if you're dealing with maga folks, is they could be quite angry and violent. Are there threats against you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So what's the next next steps with this? And how do you protect yourself?
Speaker 1: First of all, my first protector is guid Almighty himself. He has a mission for all of us, and I really believe that he'll do the right thing and protect me in my family. But obviously I have to get security eventually, once I start getting out of the road and start I have a lot of things planned to have a documentary coming out with Rachel Maddow and Adam McKay and Billy Corbin and Alpha Spelling this summer. I think a lot of the truth is going to get out, and we'll put a lot of pressure on these criminals like Trump, Juliani and some other people in Congress there run because it's not just Trump. We need to clear house of all of the cancer. It's not you can't just cut out a little, you have to cut out the whole thing. And that includes the Marjorie Greens, the tailor is that Jordan's. The list goes on. And also I have some things in the works I can't go into right now. It's a little bit secretive, but I think you'll all be happy and surprised that the next six seven months until the elections, I'm going to be very busy on the road in front of Trump.
Speaker 3: Before we go, I just got to ask, so we all watch Rudy Giuliani. I don't know self destructing unless you're on Fox right right self? What's it like to work with the guy? I mean, you hear all these things like he drinks too much and the hair dye and the women and what's the mess?
Speaker 4: Is all there?
Speaker 1: No, it's a sad story. He has nobody. Yeah, I mean, he has no relationship with his kids, no relationship with wives. His best friend passed away several years ago. The only people around him he has. The people there try and get something out of him, and he knows it. And that's the life he lives. And he's a lonely man. Drinks a lot. Sold her soul to Donald Trump because he's a fame hug. That's his drug of choice. Not he not drugs, but fame. The story is going to be written where you know, Rudy Giuliani, he's not going to be known as that patriot hero. It's gonna be a sorry story of the man that could have been somebody but then turned out to be a treason, this criminal that ended up behind bars. And the fitting part is, you know he's going to end up behind bars in the rico charge, the same ricostutions law that he used to put so many people away. So, I mean it's poetic justice. I guess in Rudy Giuliani's life.
Speaker 3: What's the relationship with you? Him and they seem to have the special bond.
Speaker 1: No, they don't have a special I mean that's the crazy part. Trump doesn't respect them, doesn't give him the time of day. He uses him when he needs him, abuses him, and screams at him when he messes up, lets him come at certain events, keeps him away in certain places. It's weird, I mean. And the weird part is that Rudy would always talk about him getting paid from Trump, that he's going to get paid from Trump, but Trump would just never pay him. Pay everybody else, but wouldn't pay Rudy. You guta also understand. Trump blames ru on a lot of things, Like you know, one thing he blames Rudy for is that he never took the attorney general job and he had to give it to Sessions. And that's how the whole rushing gate started. And so you know, it goes all the way back to there. And then certain fuck ups that Rudy did, drinking a little bit, going on TV and Fox and making certain statements, remember with the money he did give them money didn't And remember Rudy drinks and Trump knows it, and he doesn't respect people to drink. And Rudy has been drunk more than one time in front of Trump and than the White House. So but Trump excuses that and looks the other way because Rudy is that you know, not even useful of it, but that dieharded it. That he knows that when also is done, he'll could turn to Rudy and Rudy will go and try and make it. Rudy's his Roy Kohen, but not the Roy Cole because Roy Colm he he respected man right like exactly exactly and effect right. You know, Royquohan would have got him out of them peachment. Rudy got him into the impeachment. So again, all of these guys knew what's going on. It was all a political ploy to get Trump back in the office and to do anything they can to get Bided out. And that's all this is about. But the extent that they went to where they've divided our country to where we're literally at war with each other, where you can't You're scared to go to work because you don't know who your boss is going to be and what you could say because you could get fired. You're scared to go to school because that you feel that you have to be scared of what you say to your classmates. I mean, kids are involved in these politics. I mean it is crazy you know, the message that he's trying to push along is one that you know, the only places I've heard it are places like Russia, places like communist countries where the past and it's scary and and you know, the only thing we could do is keep getting the Nazi Germany Nazi. I hate to say that, I always want to say it, but I'm glad you said, Jerry, because that if we look at history, Hitler was not hated. He was looked up as a bride, intelligent, somebody that has ideas. So these people they're chameleons. They do what they do to get to the power. Once they get that power, then the true colors come out. Difference between like a Hitler and like a Putin and Trump Trump, we see it Trump, we know it. We don't have to guess it. I mean it's there. We've seen his actions, we know the history. How better we hear him talking, if you hear his rallies that he goes on. It's not about policies, it's not about united in a country and being the president for all. It's all about division. It's all about we're going to get him, We're going to put him away, We're going to take it over. We're going to destroy It's scorched, earth, burn and fire. That's why I believe he's not going to win, because everybody I speak to is so scared and thinking. I mean, I can't imagine that American public will actually nominate a president that is indicted and than looking at eighty eight charges and has tried to start in insurrection. I don't believe it. And Nikki Haley really showed us. He showed us that there's a division inside of the Trump camp. Even though she lost, there's thirty forty percent inside the Republican Party there are won't vote for Trump. So I mean, he has a long way ahead of him. Unfortunately, it's going to be allowed and dangerous, and the scary part is, mark my words, the actions we're going to see from Vladimir Putin come this summer.
Speaker 2: We got to take a break now and we'll be back in just a minute.
Speaker 4: All right, we're back.
Speaker 2: Well, I was going to mention one thing too. You mentioned you were in Moscow when the when the tanks came out and everything. I was in the embassy then, and I was working with a young Marie Ivanovitch, who was a state to prominent officer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, first.
Speaker 4: Tour, you were there when the tanks were there, right, were you?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Same inside the building and I was, I was right there on then it was called Gordikovskaya Natsirskaya, It was gordy Kovskaya, the street, it was right the Hotel Moscow, right on the Red Square, right next door. So now it's the Gholm. I think I think they have their underneath or something.
Speaker 2: I think it's all fancy now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I haven't been back a long time. It's been a while.
Speaker 2: We'll go to that when Putin's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, til then I can't go back.
Speaker 4: No, no, don't love.
Speaker 3: It isn't often we get to hear firsthand from someone who was involved in and contributing to, and actually creating a conspiracy theory. People should hear you out and make up their own minds. I think we can all agree that fax and truth should win out in the end whatever they are. So best to you and take care.
Speaker 1: Thank you, thank you very much, thank you, thank you. Guys.
Speaker 3: Let's bring in our August stage mentor Adam.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, I am very excited to ask a lot of questions about lov partners and what he tells us about how active measures work.
Speaker 2: So, Adam, what's your impression of Lev and what he had to say.
Speaker 7: I'm really interested in LEV Partners because he's probably our best view into what really happened between forces supportive of Putin close to Putin and Russia, and the Trump campaign and Trump himself. To me, what I find so interest saying is it's at once real proof that something massive has happened, that there really are people in Moscow, either directly directed by the Kremlin or with clear thumbs up from the Kremlin, trying to manipulate our politics. So the idea that there's a Russia hoax is just thrown out the window by LEV Partners. At the same time, there's something so lame and sketchy about It's so unsophisticated, John, you ran the Russia desk at CIA? Is this how active measures work? With like kind of sketchy like I would? I don't know. I have in my mind some sophisticated, international, cultured figure who's very cleverly manipulating, And here it's you know, it's kind of thick necked, thuggy types.
Speaker 2: When you talk about covert action or these kind of things that the Russians or we might do. For example, there's two different kinds. There's ones that they might have cooked up to come up with somewhat sophisticated or clever plan to execute against the Western United States, and then there's taking advantage of opportunities. And so I think in this case, when Rudy Julie he was running around Ukraine looking for any kind of dirt on someone running for president the United States, it was just an opportunity for the Russians to take advantage of. And it had been going on for quite a while, and so this in a sense, this wasn't a very hard thing for the Russians to play in. They didn't have to be terribly sophisticated.
Speaker 7: But you'd think it was more opportunistic that they just they were doing a lot of things and this one kind of fell in their lap and it was thrown into their lap, thrown into their lab.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but Adam Andre Denktajh, who is the US has has gone after for being a disinforma agent agent of Russian intelligence. He was sitting with Rudy Giuliani feeding him this stuff, and sitting next to them was Lev Parnas. So not only do you have evidence, you've got an actual witness who watched it all go down. And Rudy Giuliani was a useful idiot, a witting dupe. He knew that Derkosh was a Russian malign influence, Russian intelligence officer, and dealt with him anyway because he was getting what he wanted.
Speaker 7: Remind me to give me a list of all the agents you worked when you were CIA officers, all the foreign agents.
Speaker 4: No, we'll put that online for everybody. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, But I guess that's the other side of this that if you're going to go undercover to uncover the mob, you're going to have to act like the mob. So did you, like, I don't know what you can say, but did you deal with kind of sketchy marginal figures who happen to have close connections? Is that like typical of spycraft.
Speaker 2: So there's two different kinds of things that we're calling intelligence. There is intelligent collection, like having sources inside to give you insights and secrets that regime is trying to hide from the United States to help our plylies maakers. Then there's doing things, taking action to try to create problems or create issues. And that's what we're talking about here with the Russians. They were trying to do anything they could to mess with the United States electoral system. And so when we're trying to recruit a source who we want to be secret and hidden and in place for years providing intelligence to us, that's done with much more care, trying to find exactly the right people. We have strong motivations that can protect themselves, that can follow our direction. Now, if our job is in a war zone or trying to influence, you know, an election of another country, you might use people for a shorter period of time for a specific need. And so in this case, you know, Rudy Giuliani just put this out there for the Russians to see. Okay, there are people in the American political establishment who are looking for dirt on other people in the political establishment. This is a clear thing that we can use to create chaos and problems to side the United States. So in that case, you don't necessarily need to be looking for boy scouts. You need to be looking for someone who can just fulfill your short term need.
Speaker 7: But for the long term stuff, you want someone you can rely on because you're not with them all the time.
Speaker 2: You're not, you can't get them arrest You don't have to get them arrested. It creates a political problem.
Speaker 3: All these things, and it's important for people to know. We don't just collect information. We spend almost as much time verifying that information. You get one source who tells you something, you just don't go, oh, that's true. You know, you try to find documentary something that bakes it up, or another source who says, oh, that's true.
Speaker 7: So what surprised you did you learn from Lev?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the first things that surprised me is that the people who are involved in a conspiracy, you know, Rudy Giuliani and Lev Parnas and others that were trying to create a fiction that Joe Biden's involved in some horrible criminal conspiracy that you know, they then left those people out to dry. And so it was similar to the earlier things where the Trump people left Michael Cohen and others who were part of the conspiracy. Then they treated them poorly, and then those people turned on that. You shouldn't be surprised by that. So Lev Parnas is one of these He was in the middle of this for all of this time, and they left him hanging out to dry. He went to prison, and when he came out, not surprisingly, he turned on them and was telling the truth about what was happening. If you're a criminal mastermind, you should find a way to treat the people who are working for you better for criminals in the future. This is something you can learn from.
Speaker 7: The word that I came to use to describe the Trump organization when I was reporting on the Trump organization was a platform that it's it's definitely not an organization. The way it worked. Did you have Donald Trump at the center, and then you have a bunch of staff members, Alan Weiselberg and others kind of around him and their full time job is just appeasing him. But then you had this outer ring and probably a few different outer rings of Tony's. But like freelance scumbags, I mean, they were just people who were kind of traveling the world, ginning up opportunities, who sort of had an either official or unofficial license to use the Trump name and bring deals to the boss. It feels like things you would see on The Sopranos, someone coming up to Tony Soprano and saying, hey, I just figured out this union scam or whatever, and it wasn't like, you know, there was like a strategy like oh, let's do this, this and this. Michael Cohen became really deep inner circle and actually achieving deals in Republica, Georgia and elsewhere. He tried really hard to get this Russia and Kazakh projects going and failed. And so you just have this kind of these tentacles out there of entrepreneurial kind of gray area of the lob.
Speaker 1: Folks.
Speaker 7: This is great, guys, Why don't we talk more about asiology? I think that if what you want is more seriology, just email. It's Jerry o'shay at.
Speaker 2: If this kind of exciting banter is what you look forward to, tune in next week for Mission Implausible.
Speaker 4: Mission Implausible is produced by Adam Davidson, Jerry o'shay, John Cipher, and Jonathan Stern. The associate producer is Rachel Harner. This has been a
Speaker 3: Production of Abominable Pictures, an honorable mention for iHeart Podcasts.