Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty, Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: Diet fifteen and twenty fifteen, twenty fifteen, or much of the months, I think it was, Yeah, that's rights suppressing.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, bumbuy, whispery croaky, Joe Biden trying to remember when his son passed away. I remember that was part of the one of the headlines when her report was released, in writing the White House sighting I can't remember national security reasons or something why we couldn't or the transcript, And now I think I know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It just revealed him confused and rambling and weak. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And as.
Speaker 5: The New York Times reported over the weekend on the her tapes coming out, uh, hearing him in her interview is revealing the former president's halting responses to questions by a special counsel show him exactly. I thought this was an interesting thing for the New York Times to rite, but true, the president's responses show him exactly as a majority of Americans believed him to be, and as Democrats repeatedly insisted he was not so. New York Times even in their seb headline saying at the time, a majority of Americans believed his brain didn't work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, long before the debate.
Speaker 5: It's kind of funny that you weren't like talking about that on a daily basis.
Speaker 2: But okay, you're right now. You're correct now.
Speaker 1: As we've said a thousand times, given the enormity of the story and how it's exactly what a free press is designed to cover, I mean to pass on that is just yea inexcusable, and it's it illustrates the point so completely. They are fully partisan hacks.
Speaker 5: I was actually thinking about this over the weekend, before we get into more of the hurt tapes and all that sort of stuff. You listening right now, ask yourself this question. Would you have been twisting your mind into not if this were a Republican or Trump, same situation, but it was Trump, would you have been twisting yourself into knots trying to pretend that he was still okay and could still run again and be president again? Jeez, I sure hope not from I'm talking about myself. I sure hope I wouldn't have been. But no, he's always had a stutter. Come on, what is wrong with you? Partisan hacks?
Speaker 2: Wo, I've been doing that?
Speaker 1: God, I hope not. Oh no, I wouldn't think so. I mean, unless you are really a cult of personality cultist. Because the gripe from you know, a lot of Democrats is that.
Speaker 2: Hey pretending otherwise screwed the pooch.
Speaker 5: M m.
Speaker 2: That's what loss is the election.
Speaker 1: Dean Phillips was yelling about it, the only guy with the guts to run in the primary against him, And I was just reminded of the you remember the great girations to get South Carolina to be the first Democratic primary state.
Speaker 2: Because it's more diverse and looks more like America. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Well, no, it is because they knew if there was any contest whatsoever in New Hampshire and Iowa, Biden would lose and he would be exposed as a terribly weak candidate. But they knew the fix was into South Carolina and they could get him over the edge.
Speaker 2: But anyway, that's kind of.
Speaker 1: An unnecessary detail. Back to the rambling old Man.
Speaker 5: More from the New York Times analysis of the tapes that came out on Friday, in the audio recording. Mister Hurst's conclusion that a jury would see mister Biden as a sympathetic, well meaning elderly man with a poor.
Speaker 2: Memory is not merely valid, it is irrefutable. That's the New York Times. No, no, it's not.
Speaker 5: I like the way they're getting around to it now, but at least they're getting around to it.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: Dan Ball's in the Washington Post.
Speaker 5: The truth is the public was on to Biden's decline long before the debate. Yeah, as he prepared for a re election campaign, few obstacles loomed larger than perceptions at his age and acuity made him unfit to serve a second term. It was there in black and white. A Washington Post ABC News poll in February of twenty three, that's what, five months before the debate, found that six and ten Democrats wanted someone other than other than Biden to be their nominee, which is an astonishing number for a sitting president and an electioneer. And it's difficult to believe that his age wasn't the motivating factor then all So, in February of twenty four, before the debate, found that two thirds of Americans said he did not have the mental fitness to be president again?
Speaker 2: Two thirds. That was in February.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I would love to ask the bigfoot media guys, hey see if you can this the riddles, See if you can puzzle this went out? There is only one class of Americans who didn't recognize Biden's mental decline, and we're talking about it openly.
Speaker 2: I'll give you a hint. It's a particular profession. Well, right, there's only one tiny, narrow segment. Can you name it?
Speaker 5: I really like Dan Balls with the Washington Post, but lovely Man the fact that he didn't bring it down to a paragraph where he kind of deals with the fact.
Speaker 2: How did two thirds of Americans know this months before the debate and we man missed it? I mean, how do you not?
Speaker 1: I don't get it right. All right, well, let's play some audio. Then we've got a bunch of follow ups in waiting. Why all of all of this matters? You know, I'm torn. Let's let's do fifty one Michael, nice and loud because it's kind of mumbly and quiet.
Speaker 2: But what's happened in the meantime is that.
Speaker 1: Has and.
Speaker 6: Trump gets elected in November of twenty seventeen, sixteen, twenty sixteen. All right, so have twenty seventeen here.
Speaker 2: That's when we left office in January.
Speaker 6: Okay, now, but that's when Trump gets sworn in.
Speaker 2: Bye, kid, happened.
Speaker 6: And in twenty seventeen, Oh, it passed. And this person.
Speaker 1: The whole not remembering when was the election? When's the inauguration? Why do I have twenty seventeen here?
Speaker 2: More from the analysis in the New York Times. Listen to this.
Speaker 5: A simple question about the documents that were stored at the Naval Observatory elicits an eleven minute response. It begins with a young mister Biden winning an international tourqu competition in law school, winds through an early legal case involving a twenty three year old man who lost part of his penis in an ore oil refinery accident, and concludes with mister Biden winning a seat on the New York on the Newcastle, Delaware City Council in nineteen seventy. Again and again, mister Biden's answers the prosecutor not as someone under federal investigation, but as an aging politician recounties a life story for posterity.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's a question, and he goes through an eleven minute this is my life, old man ramble. According to the New York Times, I haven't listened to the whole thing, but yeah, that's not normal.
Speaker 2: Fifty two Michael, the library has.
Speaker 6: A filing cabage in it, and it has built into the walls. I've built that home, built into the walls a space for a copy machine.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're calling this finish the stacks a fax machine.
Speaker 2: I have shells, perfect example right there.
Speaker 5: So you get to ask a question, and he goes into how he built a shelf for a fax machine, and he can't remember what a fax machine is, but they remind him, sir, it's called a fax machine.
Speaker 2: Next clip top, Ope.
Speaker 6: It's a shelby and the bottom open is a file.
Speaker 2: So the bottom so.
Speaker 6: When you open this up, first the door on.
Speaker 2: The first that we're there on the left, Oh my god.
Speaker 3: You see where there's a printer and there is a m.
Speaker 2: I call it the machine investing, the fact machine.
Speaker 6: And then I guess again the thing below I just I don't use anymore.
Speaker 2: Never sure this is a Wendy's.
Speaker 1: So John Fund, writing in the National Review on the other side of the Aisle from The New York Times says, we need congressional hearings to learn the full story about the great cover up. Uh and and why he is addressing isn't this just rear view mirror kicking of a guy. And then he goes into the transcript of her interview. Yeah, I would, I would agree, and you know, reveal some just devastating quotes from various folks, which we'll skip.
Speaker 2: For now just in the interest of time.
Speaker 1: But there are other good reasons why the House Oversight Committee's investigation is useful and necessary. Number One, there was indeed a massive cover up inside the White House, and they mentioned that The Atlantic had reported bluntly this week. Dozens of people in Biden's orbit suspected he was not physically or mentally equipped to be the President of the US.
Speaker 2: Then that's a good word, suspected.
Speaker 1: Yet they helped him seek that office and keep it when he couldn't reliably perform its duties, and then sickeningly try to return office. Biden to that office for four more years, even though they did not think that he could serve during the first term.
Speaker 5: Jock Armstrong suspected Joe Getty liked whiskey number two. Biden's condition began to deteriorate as early as a decade ago. Tapper and Thompson in the new book report those close to him say the first signs he was deteriorating emerged after the death of his beloved son bo.
Speaker 1: In twenty fifteen. Biden was really struggling. In twenty seventeen, his cognitive capacity seemed to have been failing him. The authors of the book make it clear that previous cover ups of the health problems of presidents Wilson, Roosevelt, Kennedy pale by comparison with the Biden cover up. Absolutely, if we had won, people in the Biden world believed there would have been a constitutional crisis, Thompson told The New Yorker, because clearly the people in his inner circle were not willing to seed power.
Speaker 2: How they knew that he would have to be removed from office.
Speaker 5: How about a national crisis if there had been an emergency that required a decision. During one of his moments where he's rambling on about the shelfy built for the fax machine.
Speaker 2: And then what do you call it machine?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fund also points out that there is an unhealthy confluence of interest between the White House and the reporters who most frequently cover it, And he goes into a great deal of detail why this is unholy and unacceptable, and then he quotes like guys like Chris Solissa, former reporter for The Post and CNN, this was a cover up, plain and simple. For at least two years or close to its senior people in the White House knew that Biden's condition was bad enough that it needed to be concealed from people working the administration.
Speaker 2: He leaves out how compliant he was.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, come on, then you got to get back to that poll that Dan Balls was quoting. Two thirds of Americans knew Ee's brain didn't work in early twenty four.
Speaker 1: You know what, There's a little more to be said, and I don't want to rush through it. One an account from someone who is covering him on the campaign trail in twenty twenty and said he was clearly losing it in twenty twenty, and one more list of names. Why this is important to talk about even though it's in the rearview mirror.
Speaker 5: Oh, absolutely, mostly because the media. We have to have a working media. We have to or we're doomed. The founding fathers knew that. It's always been true. We're just gonna give a minus.
Speaker 1: And you might want to not put in power the people who have lied about Biden's condition the most egregiously.
Speaker 5: And there's a list. Okay, we got lots of stuff to do today. Trump's gonna talk to Putin on the phone. This could be an historic phone call, among other things. On the way, stay here.
Speaker 4: A driver for Amazon was fired after she was caught on a ring camera defecating on a porch, said the homeowner.
Speaker 2: But that's what I ordered, he now, so will it's an awful joke.
Speaker 5: We'll be talking about Joe Biden's cancer they got diagnosed with, and more about all the kind of things around the diagnosis of it, what that might mean or not, and his brain, so his brain and his finility cover up.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: So Saturday Night Live, it was their season finale on Saturday Night. That was Colin Jost there. He is the head writer and hosts the news and is married to Scarlett Johansson, the famous actress, and she was the host and that was all fun. But they've started this tradition on Saturday Night Live several years back, where Colin Jost White guy and Michael Jay Black Guy. This matters write jokes for each other for the final episode that they have not seen ahead of time, and it has become a thing where they write jokes that will make each other look really, really bad and particularly racially. Michael Jay writes jokes that are really racist for Colin Jos to say, And it's a really interesting premise that has seemed to work, where then Colin Jos makes jokes you could never make under any other circumstances.
Speaker 2: People laugh at.
Speaker 5: Them, but nobody gets angry about it, because the point is, I don't even it's almost too complicated.
Speaker 2: Well, it's everybody.
Speaker 1: I mean, the basic premise of the thing is clear enough. Why that makes it entirely okay? It's the really interesting part.
Speaker 5: I guess, Well, I guess I'm more interested in the reverse. If you can make it okay with that little thing, then why can't it be okay, like just in general, to make that kind of joke.
Speaker 2: Of course, I don't mean that it's a joke, right, or.
Speaker 1: If Colin Jost were to do the joke, then let everybody go nuts. The lynch mob come from for him, then, say Michael Jay, wrote that, then would that be okay if you didn't know in advance, or look, let's examine this.
Speaker 5: So we've played them in the past and they're uncomfortable and funny. This year they were so over the top. I'm not comfortable playing them. I really am not. I was watch I was watching it thinking, we can't air that, we can't air that, we can't air that. This is the only one I thought we could air. So it goes to Colin jo joke written by Michael Jay. They put up on the screen a picture of some sort of monkey gorilla thingies, and then here is Colin Joe's joke.
Speaker 4: A new study finds that the hoops and grunts of Bonobo's shows signs of complex thoughts similar.
Speaker 2: To human language.
Speaker 4: Oh so like that awful halftime show.
Speaker 2: I thought that was pretty funny.
Speaker 5: Wow wow, Yeah, as a racist joke, we'll have to the whole jiu jitsu of because the crowd laughs, and I assume people at home are laughing, then why can we not if you're laughing, which is an enjoyable thing to do. I like laughing, You like laughing, People like comedy. If we can laugh at it, if we do the Judo of twisting this around.
Speaker 2: Why can't it exist otherwise?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's great topic. I happen to just become aware that black fatigue quote unquote went viral like last week on social media. I don't know that term, people complaining about aberrant behavior by black people. A number of people making the comment that will there's aparate behavior from every group of people on earth, which is unquestionably true. But there are plenty of black people posting it about it, which made it okay. The truth of it doesn't change, but the source matters in the.
Speaker 2: Modern world, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 8: Doesn't it take some time for prostate cancer to develop to point where it would spread to the bones?
Speaker 2: Oh, he's had.
Speaker 7: This for many years, maybe even a decade, growing there and spreading.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 5: So this is the leads story on the New York Post. The Scarborough interview with their doctor about Biden's cancer on MSNBC this morning.
Speaker 2: It goes on, he's.
Speaker 8: Most certainly you were saying, had it when he was president of the United States.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, he did not develop it in the last one hundred two hundred days.
Speaker 2: He had it while he was president. He probably had it at the start of his.
Speaker 7: Presidency in twenty one. Yes, that, I don't think there's any disagreement about that.
Speaker 2: So what is being implied or asked here?
Speaker 5: Josh Scarborough clearly had talked to somebody or just knows from his own cancer experienced him and his family that this was probably around a long time, So he wanted to make that.
Speaker 2: Obvious to people. Joe's not a.
Speaker 1: Very long time, and not because he wants people to understand how slow prostate cancer advances.
Speaker 2: He's hinting at something.
Speaker 5: Right, And I thought it was mostly just so, were they like not getting stuff tested that you should, that you would normally get tested when you're older because they didn't want to know? Or is this one of many things that they did know and hid. Brian Delter of CNN took it a step further, so we were playing the her tapes a little bit earlier. Those are the audio tapes Joe Biden when he was grilled years ago. We had read about them, but we hadn't heard them. They came out on Friday. The New York Times analysis was, well, here's proof that his brain didn't work a long long time ago. I mean, there's no getting around it. Guy was in no position to be president or running for president. That's what the New York Times took from the her tapes. Brian Stelter of CNN says he's questioning the timing of Joe Biden's cancer diagnosis announcement, insisting that it was extraordinary that the news broke just as the former president was battling an onslaught of criticism on the cover up of his cognitive decline.
Speaker 2: While in the White House.
Speaker 5: This timing is too much, Stelter said during an appearance on CNN yesterday. We know from the statement from his personal spokesman, Biden learned I'm using finger quotes on that one of the diagnosis on Friday.
Speaker 2: What was the biggest story.
Speaker 5: On Friday, Stelter says on CNN, it was the release of those audio excerpts from his conversations.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it's just too much to have, Brian Stelter, you know, leap from the side of the criminals to the cops and saying it's time we did something about these criminals. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I can eat and that is an excellent story that I'm all over, But I know if I can get there, He might be right.
Speaker 2: He might absolutely be right. So did the Biden people hang on to this? Have they known he had this cancer for years?
Speaker 1: It wouldn't surprise me, given the quality of his medical care.
Speaker 5: If you listen to the show, you know, I'm always shooting down the hole the timing sususpicious conspiracy because there's a story every day that a White House would like to cover up. I mean, there's always a negative story out there. So people if something comes out it's, oh, suspicious timing with oil prices going up or whatever it is, and I always say, think, whatever this will though, this is something they had to have had they had to There's.
Speaker 2: No way they just found out he's got prostate cancer.
Speaker 1: And I think the takeaways pretty obvious because a prostate cancer is in most cases extremely slow moving. You can live with it, you can deal with it, keep an eye on it, that sort of thing in many many cases anyway, And he would absolutely have Biden would have been doing a favor to say, hey, fellas, it's important you get the exam, talk to your doctor, blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Men's health right. We got a bointh of it right, and the rest of it.
Speaker 1: And the reason they didn't was because there was a perceipe a perception based on well everything, that Joe Biden was unfit for another term in office.
Speaker 2: I would argue he wasn't fit for the first term in office. But yeah, so it all fits together.
Speaker 1: It's I don't know, it seems fairly obvious to me with the book coming out.
Speaker 2: And the herd tapes and everything like that.
Speaker 5: So Megan McCain tweeted this out John McCain's daughter, maybe remember she tweeted this out over the weekend. And she's a political I mean, she's on talk shows all the time. She's a regular on Halprin's podcast and that sort of stuff. I don't know if it's just my being biased or my background, but I don't want to hear anything else about Biden's health cover up, tell All's interviews with staff, etc. Let the Biden family be in peace right now. This is all just so sad and imprudent. Cancer is the absolute worst.
Speaker 2: It's hell.
Speaker 5: It is incredibly difficult for any family wishing nothing but healing. I don't think it's appropriate in these times for politics. So there's Megan McCain saying we shouldn't be talking about the her tapes or the tell all books or any of this stuff with the announcement coming out. I think the announcement came out just so people would react the way you just reacted, Meghan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, I'm sold. I'm through.
Speaker 5: Do you feel any need to pull back on talking about his broken brain in the media coverage because he's got cancer? I think he knew he either knew he had cancer or doctor Jill hid it from him for like ten years.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent you think she'd be better at that as a doctor. Yeah, I'm one hundred, one hundred percent rejecting Meghan McCain's idea. That's that's ridiculous, especially for the following reasons.
Speaker 2: Uh number one.
Speaker 1: As Barton swamwrites for the Wall Street Journal Opinion Pages, he says, what's amusing is that the only people deceived from twenty twenty through twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: We're talking about starting.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty now, folks, the only people deceived were the deceivers. The argument in the press about when it became clear that mister Biden wasn't up to the job, was it twenty twenty three, as early as twenty twenty one, also.
Speaker 2: Makes me laugh.
Speaker 1: I witnessed Biden's frailty during the twenty twenty primary and wrote about it. I was covering the dueling campaigns of Tom Steyer and mister very Few people thought mister Biden would win anything but South Carolina, precisely because he appeared too old to govern. Former Vice President come in fourth and I won fifth in New Hampshire. A win for him in South Carolina seemed likely, but he was losing everywhere else. And then he goes through some of the details of the campaign and how it was Pete Buddha, Judge Bernie Sanders, and Elizabeth Warren who were beating him in the Democratic Party said oh my god, what are we going to do? And James Clyburn took over and he said, I'll fix South Carolina for you, essentially, and we'll get old man Biden. At least he's a mainstream Democrat. But back to the piece from Barton Swain, the first time I saw him in North Charleston, I thought he might be having a stroke or a heart attack when he spoke, we're more familiar with the gravelly whisper now than we were then. He was barely audible. His words slurred together and made no sense. I noted in my report that he several times said North Carolina when he meant North Charleston. An important thing to get right when trying to win over South Carolina voters. He was ostensibly there to talk about his campaign's housing plan, but it was obvious he had no idea what the plan was. Also unknown to him were the names of any of the state lawmakers standing with them. Then he was to appear at a rally at the College of Charleston. He was two hours late, even though his campaign bus was parked right next door two thousand people waiting for him. No explanation why, he said, I think he was a sleeper. Just couldn't He wasn't up to it, and then late still Later that night, he spoke briefly at the state parties first in the South dinner. Mister Biden concluded his remarks in a way that should have but evidently didn't make everyone in the room squirm. And I quote, and we played this at the time. My name is Joe Biden. I'm a Democratic candidate for the United States Senate. Look me over. If you like what you see, help out. If not, vote for the other Biden. This is in twenty twenty. And then the final note from some of the folks at the Free Press. I think it was Elly Bulls. I'm not sure, but she says, looking forward, the Democratic parties in trouble of Ben Rhoades, the failed novelist and Iran apologist who represent the Obama administration at Castro's funeral, has become the voice of reason, because Rhodes said, and I quote, Democrats need not understand that being able to say Biden shouldn't have run again is not just about the past. It's about having any credibility with voters in the future, which is similar to comments made from Roe Kanna possible twenty twenty eight primary contestant. Kana, by the way, praise Biden is completely mentally sharp in twenty twenty four. Other Democrats are who are definitely running in twenty eight are content to embrace the Schumer method of changing the subject to avoid explaining why they defended Biden so passionately in twenty twenty four. But we won't let them forget jab Pritzker in twenty four. He's on the ball. The man knows more than most of us have forgotten Pritzker in twenty five. Look all this stuff about his health er, you know, commentary that people are making in books. Uh, frankly, that's very backward looking. Chris Murphy, Democratic Connecticut in twenty four. Joe Biden is incredibly competent and he's incredibly effective. Incredible Murphy Murphy this year. Yeah, literally, not credibly Murphy this year. Obviously, in retrospect, we should have done something different to keep Boodha Judge last year. The president the boss I work for, is a focused and disciplined leader Bootah Judge. This year, right now, with the benefit of hinde and sight, I think most people would agree Biden should have run. We're also not in a position to wallow in hindsight.
Speaker 2: So well.
Speaker 5: Again, I asked the question I asked earlier of would you have covered up for Trump in the same situation if you're a big Trump fan, or make it an anonymous Republican president.
Speaker 2: God, I hope I wouldn't know. I should hope I wouldn't. It was so obvious. I'll prove it right now.
Speaker 1: Trump yelling at Walmart and threatening them not to raise their prices. Kamala Harris had done that, I'd be going berserk. I'd be red faced. So I'm calling him out for it right now. It's crazy. You sound like Hugo Chavez. Yeah, we got to talk about that later.
Speaker 5: But so what do you make of like Stelter on CNN saying he gets a diagnosis Friday, the day that her.
Speaker 1: Tape comes out. Come on, I make the same thing of him I've always made. He's a gutless lion weasel. No no, no, not of Stelter himself. But oh sorry, Just do you think that is what's happening? Do you think the Biden people put out a cancer diagnosis all that part to try to get the heat off of them. That's that would be very much in character for doctor Jill. Yes, one hundred percent. She is effing unhinged man.
Speaker 5: And you're really going a long way to Yeah, I mean, imagine doing this in your life. You got a doctor, you fine, you got cancer. I'm not gonna use this until I need to with my wife, my boss, my kids. I'm gonna hang on to this until it's you know, got some more. I can get some more out of it. I mean, that is weird, Michael.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you're doing over there working on a fan letter to Scarlett Johansson or something like that. But where's our favorite doctor, Jill clip Come on, you did great, Joe.
Speaker 2: Come on, you answered all the questions.
Speaker 5: I mean, that is some serious conniving when you hold on to a cancer diagnosis until it's got the most political use.
Speaker 2: Tell me if this strikes you.
Speaker 1: As blanking unhinged. As soon as Michael can find it, here it is here. It comes the wonders of the search function. Not to bear fruit, juicy ripe fruit.
Speaker 2: Here it is.
Speaker 5: Take a bitee how our computer works that it takes this long to search for Jill Biden.
Speaker 2: Joe, you did such a great job. You answered every question.
Speaker 3: You know, all it is.
Speaker 1: That blanking unhinged or not? Yeah, but I gotta turn it to the crowd that cheered. Are they lying or deceiving themselves?
Speaker 2: That too? I mean, if that was like two hours after the debate.
Speaker 5: The crowd cheering yeah he did hell yeah?
Speaker 1: What Look if you're a hack, you hack and the power the word went out from the powers that be, all right, we need some real cheering like it. Like that debate that you know has rocked the world. We got to act like it. Didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Who's are you ready? Let me let me hear good? Right, yeauty. I'm assuming.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming Joe Biden's made very few decisions about anything to any of this. I don't think he's capable. So yeah, it's Jill or somebody. She finds out her husband might have cancer in his bones. This might be the end of him. I'm gonna hold onto this to just the right moment. The her taper coming come coming out. That's the day we're gonna release. That is some serious, heavy duty manipulation of a storyline.
Speaker 2: And absolutely in character for the Good doctor. Wow, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Text line four one, five, two, nine five KFTC show You did such.
Speaker 2: A great job. You answered every question? Are strong? Hettie? Too strong?
Speaker 9: On a three and look out Kamlei Clark pursus Angel Reese, and Angel Reese gets right up here to kick Clark afterwards, has something to say as Park walks away.
Speaker 5: So I'm gonna talk WNBA, believe it or not. So I just noticed looking up at the television. Both Good Morning America and CBS Early Show did a long segment on that play, in which Caitlin Clark with a flagrant foul knocked down her nemesis Angel Reese in the opening matchup between them in the WNBA. Me, wow, is it kind of interesting just as a basketball fan. So, Caitlin Cork plays for the Indiana Fever, who are among the teams expected to win the whole thing this year. They did a smart thing there the ownership and realize, oh, we got the best player in the world, let's get somebody around her and we can win it all.
Speaker 2: And they did.
Speaker 5: But I have watched this many times with players throughout my life who come into the league from college is like really popular and hot. They get pushed around a lot, and she kind of did last year. She clearly this year has decided we ain't getting pushed around this year. And I remember watching She's all kinds of magic. Johnson, Larry Bird, lebron Knew, Michael Jordan, you name it. Who had to come into the league and show this. And if you watch that whole play under the basket, one of her players gets shoved.
Speaker 2: She points at the ref like, what the hell is that? No call?
Speaker 5: She immediately flagrant fouls her nemesis, like, we ain't doing this this year. You're not gonna man handle us this year, We're not doing and they won by like thirty, by the way, but hockey rules. Yeah, gonna be the tough guy, all right, Yeah, exactly. It was a pretty cool play, and I like the way they both handled the two. In the postgame, Caitlin Clark says, a regular play. Move on, it's no big deal. And even Angel Reese, who could have made a big deal out of it and turned it racial like a lot of people want to do, she said it was an NBA.
Speaker 2: It was a basketball play, no big deal. So I like that.
Speaker 5: But New York Times with an article put every Caitlan Clark game on national television and making the argument for it on how first of all, last year they had the first game with more than a million viewers in decades. They actually had twenty four games with more than a million viewers, twenty two of them featuring Caitlin Clark.
Speaker 2: As Charles Barkley said last year.
Speaker 5: The WNBA's insane if they don't just try to ride this Caitlan Clark thing as far as they can.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's easy for him to say, as a white guy, waited, I'm sorry the control room is talking to me. Is that right, Charles Brown.
Speaker 5: For whatever reason, people are interested cash in on it.
Speaker 2: And that's what the New York Times is saying. Put every game on national TV.
Speaker 5: This is clearly something people are interested and not the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Nice and look, look, you're in the entertainment business. Don't don't question why, don't worry about why, just do it right? Interested in all the great you know, even if there is a racial component, and I think it's mostly that she's one of the best shooters ever and we'll shoot from anywhere inside the stadium and sometimes from the parking lot. But you know that'll highlight all the great black players in the league. If people are tuning in, quit worrying about this.
Speaker 5: She scored more points than anybody in college basketball history, male or female, and the ball didn't go in more because she was white.
Speaker 1: Well that's what you think. Those hoops, I don't know, they're orange. They have a certain kinship with white people. If you know what, I have a Trump white orange white supremacy, racism, good people on both sides.
Speaker 5: I think you know where I'm going with this. People are clowns. You brought up what Trump said about Wall. We should touch on that he had some good posts over the weekend. He took on Bruce Springsteen. He took on Walmart. He took on Taylor Swift. He's on the phone with Putin as we speak.
Speaker 1: The President took on Taylor Swift, he says admiringly. If you miss one of those segments skid our podcast, you look for Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Well, if you've subscribed, you wouldn't have to look.
Speaker 1: Follow us, Yeah, please, Yeah, Armstrong and Getty.