Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to Battery Happy Hour.
Speaker 2: I'm Joe and I'm Saringa and we.
Speaker 1: Are here today with none other than Thomas and from Gen season. Thomas just here because they had a great connection and you're a very likable guy and someone that really stood out night one. So Thomas, welcome to Batchery Happy Hour.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me. Guys, I appreciate you all of course.
Speaker 1: Okay, so why don't you just tell us a little bit about where you're from and what you do for a living.
Speaker 4: So I'm from Atlanta, just outside the city. I'm a retirement advisor. It's kind of like a broad title, but I help people figure out how they can get to retirement and have their money go for the rest of their lives. So, whether it's people in their twenties starting their roth iras or Nancy Sue that's sixty seven and working with Social Security and her pension, I.
Speaker 3: Do a little bit of everything in between.
Speaker 1: So wait, is that more of like, are you more of like a finance guy or is it like more like what do you want to do with the rest of your life type of thing?
Speaker 4: More so finance, we do like a lot of wealth management and financial sales stuff, so I get to work with people all over the country. That's why you see this awesome background is because I work from home, so I can bounce around from time zones to time zones to help people out.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 1: And where you're from Atlanta?
Speaker 4: You said, Yeah, I'm from Atlanta, just outside of the city.
Speaker 3: And where do you live? Do you live like in the d Tucker, Yeah, I live.
Speaker 4: So where I'm from where I grew up is in Gwinnett's and Snowville, a little city a little like thirty minutes away from the city. And then you got the main city where everyone knows, like the airport in Atlanta. I live like right in between, like Shambley, Tucker. It's like northeast Atlanta.
Speaker 1: You know where where do? Where do we? Uh? Where's like the cool like the the newer spot with some of the restaurants and stuff.
Speaker 2: I have not a single clue.
Speaker 1: If you say it, I'll know it. Buford Highway No, No, Brookhaven No. You're probably like, it's just going to drive me nuts. There's a lot of restaurants popping up over there.
Speaker 2: And why did you know this?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean that's what it was gonna be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like where do you hang out?
Speaker 3: Is that?
Speaker 1: Where where do you hang out when you go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like so that that area is like old fourth Ward, Virginia Highlands and Men Park. That's like a pretty like hip and up and coming place right now. Yeah, so definitely that spot.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: Wow, look at you, Joe with your Atlanta knowledge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 1: I like Atlanta. I've been there. I've I've filmed the show there for a month and we couldn't leave the house, but I I was in. I've been to Atlanta. I want to say I've been to Atlanta five times.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 1: There's always like a short period, but I've I've made I've made my time worth it. I've gone out a lot there.
Speaker 2: I've only been there twice.
Speaker 3: I went with let me know next time you guys come in.
Speaker 2: Yeah we will.
Speaker 5: Last time we were there actually was with Zach Shallcross, who was one of the last Bachelors. We filmed a podcast with him there, so that was fine. We spent like two days there.
Speaker 1: So Thomas, how uh, how did you get on The Bachelor? Why did you want to do this? Always call on the show The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: By the way, yeah.
Speaker 4: So it's actually a really funny story. So two years ago I went through like a pretty bad breakup. I know, I did like a year to kind of work on myself and really kind of get my feet under me, both with my finances. I had just bought in the house, so I wanted to kind of get my life in order.
Speaker 1: When you say that, when you say a bad breakup bad bad because of you or bad because of her or bad, I'm both ends.
Speaker 4: I'd probably say it was more so both ends. I wanted to get married and she didn't. So that's the part that was the hardest part was being like, hey, I'm here and her being like, hey, I'm not there. So that was that was hard for for for both of us.
Speaker 3: I took that.
Speaker 4: Time to kind of really just do my own thing, you know. And my sister she lives, she goes to Emory, so when she's home for holidays in the summer, she stays with me. So twenty one year old sister her, she's like, hey, Thomas, we got to get you back out there. So what better way than to apply you. So one night we popped open a bottle of rose and we just started going after it was that was last summer.
Speaker 3: So yeah, shout out to my little sister Lily.
Speaker 2: Wow, Lily, that's so good.
Speaker 1: Did you watch any of Joey's season hoping that it was going to be one of these girls.
Speaker 4: I did watch Joey's season. I did all of the bits coming into it. I think I came into it pretty open minded. I don't think anyone really had. Everyone kept telling me what you think is going to happen is not going to happen. So that's kind of like the idea that I came into the house thinking. So I was pretty open minded when I came into it.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 5: I feel like that's the best mentality to go into the show with, is just being open minded, because I feel like so many people go into it with a very clear set of expectations or feeling like they know exactly how filming goes or how the show works, and it just it's never you just don't know until you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I felt like I kind of had a like a leg up, if you will. My brother swam with Robbie Hayes. They went to college together. I think he was Jojoe.
Speaker 2: I was like Robbie Hayes was like that's a throwback name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And so they swam together.
Speaker 4: I swam with Robbie's younger brothers, and so when this came up, I called Robbie and I was like, hey, what can I expect if he was like nothing, you don't expect anything to have No, don't go into it like thinking that you know something, because you're not going to know it.
Speaker 3: And so that was probably like the most useful a bit of advice that I got.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's interesting. That is actually very that's good advice.
Speaker 2: That is good advice. Nice job, well, Robbie, so correct me if I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: Robbie, I believe went really far on JoJo's season of The Bouchtera and then was on he was yeah his runner up, right yeah, and then he was on Paradise I believe as well. So he's done two shows. He's a good part. And a call and say like, hey, what should I expect? So the fact that someone who's done two shows is like, don't expect anything.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how he came across on Paradise. Oh really, yeah, it might have went a little got a little.
Speaker 2: Went a little sideways for Robbie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so in Paradise.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So let's talk about you're a competitive swimmer or you were a competitive swimmer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was a competitive swimmer.
Speaker 4: I so all through college I swam, and then I had the opportunity to get dual citizenship. Both my parents are from Vietnam, and so the opportunity came up. And United States swimming is elite, it's very very good. So where in one event I was fortieth in the country in the US, I was the second in the country in Vietnam.
Speaker 3: So we had the opportunity to get dual citizenship.
Speaker 4: I tried to make the Olympics in twenty sixteen and then I had a partial tear in my left rotator cuff that I couldn't lift my arm and so I had to get a couple of quarter zone shots back to back to back to like try and make it through and then just barely miss.
Speaker 1: So when you swim for Vietnam, how how long are you over there for?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: What does what does it? What does that look like?
Speaker 3: Several months?
Speaker 4: So yeah, it's the travel day is is more than a day itself. So when I went over there, it was like eighteen hours to soul A long layover and then from Soeul to Hochi Min city was nine hours, so it was just a brutal travel day. And then they recommend that you get over there a month before you compete, so they're thirty days early. The meet's usually five to seven days, and then whether or not you travel to different countries to compete or race or whatever you have to do in terms of obligations for the federation, they keep you there longer. So I was there for three stints for over three months each time.
Speaker 1: How beautiful is Vietnam?
Speaker 3: Stunning?
Speaker 4: Stunning, It's so awesome, that's what I've heard. Yeah, if your each cities are the best.
Speaker 1: Okay, So my brother's actually going, he's going on vacation. I think. I think like in the sound, Yeah, where would you for a tourist, where do you recommend? Like if you have you're going to be a Vietnam for seven days? Uh?
Speaker 3: Danang is a beach city. It's d A n A n g. It's a beach city. It is stunning.
Speaker 4: It's it's also pretty touristy as well, so you could get a by speaking English there pretty pretty comfortably. But the restaurants are awesome, it's like seafood. That's a big place to go because we went to a restaurant where you watch the boats bring the seafood to the restaurant and they would cook it right in front of you.
Speaker 3: So it's it's a it's a super cool spot.
Speaker 4: Ho Chi Min City is always a classic to go into like the big city spots, but if you want good food, go to the vendors just as much as the four star and five star restaurants.
Speaker 3: They're they're they're awesome.
Speaker 2: I want to go so bad, but we have an issue with you.
Speaker 5: I know, I have a net allergy, a really severe net allergy, So I'm okay with peanuts and almonds, but I'm like deathly allergic to like cashews, stashios, pinets, all those, And it just gets challenging, not all with going places that use a lot of meds language, but then the language bear on top of it. Like I would love to just go and eat all the food of the different vendors, but it just gets a little nerve racking.
Speaker 2: I I would risk.
Speaker 5: It, but then get nervous. Yeah, two epy beds on stand by a lot of gunna drill, but even and then like if something happens in a different country anyway.
Speaker 2: There's just a lot of elements that but who knows.
Speaker 5: But that's why we'll make it the avention, and that's why, you know, as much as you want to kind of have the most authentic experience, sometimes the truer spots are a little bit more comfortable.
Speaker 4: Definitely, definitely find that balance of both exactly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so let's cut to night one. You step out of the limo. What's going through your head? How is the conversation with Jen?
Speaker 4: First I could like feel my heartbeat like in my throat, and I'm thinking, I'm thinking, don't trip the first thing my first step because I'm putting my jacket together, I'm looking at her and I'm like big deep breath.
Speaker 3: Walk up to her. And then she made it pretty easy.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: She I'm a huge dad joke guy and puns all day. So the fact that she was like picking up what I was putting down it felt good. So it started to get easier after play, like the first fifteen or thirty seconds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she is very like warm and open energy, but you can tell she's just kind of like embracing the conversation.
Speaker 2: So I feel like that makes it a lot easier.
Speaker 1: Would you say jan is your type?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think so. She's, like you said, bubbly, warm, outgoing.
Speaker 4: I think I would consider myself an introvert, So I think that that balance is needed a lot of times in a relationship, one more outgoing than the other. And I think that that's probably more My type is someone that's a little bit more free flowing of a spirit than I am.
Speaker 1: You're not really given introvert.
Speaker 5: I believe you say that about every introvert, Yes, because I feel like you have a perception that introverts are like very very quiet and very very shy. But you know, like I am, I have a great personality, but you probably feel more comfortable like and enjoy your lone time.
Speaker 4: Right if I had my choice of going out to the club or sitting at home cuddling with my dog, watching through a network and at home all day?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you you get into the house, who are you vibing with? As far as the guys and anyone rubbing you the wrong way? What's that? How's that going?
Speaker 5: Were you you were early out of the you were pretty early out of the limma.
Speaker 4: Right, I think I was the fifth or sixth guy into the house, so I was early.
Speaker 2: That was me too.
Speaker 5: I think I was like the sixth person in, and I was so happy about it because it's absolutely a positive being the first one and I feel like it's a little jarring, but going in it's like a small group of people.
Speaker 2: You get to kind of meet people as are coming. Do you agree?
Speaker 3: One thousand percent?
Speaker 4: And another thing that I thought of was as well is when everyone comes into the room and they sit down, and then there obviously aren't enough seats for twenty five guys to be there, so the next group, like twenty one, twenty three, there's everyone sitting down, they're just sitting there, and the like.
Speaker 5: Yeah there's like two people standings comes in.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it was it was good. The first group of guys that were in there. I clicked it right away with Thomas. We both you know, like that Spider Man meme where you're like pointing at each other. We're like Thomas Thomas and so him and I we we connected pretty quickly. Sam m and I connected pretty quickly. He's from South Carolina, so we both kind of hit off on that that southern roots a little bit and then Aaron herb him. He was probably be another guy. My little brother serves in the military, and so I know Aaron does it as well. So that's kind of something that we kind of touched on as well.
Speaker 1: There's another Marcus was a military guy as well, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was an army ranger. Yeah, he does the exact same thing my my little brother went to school.
Speaker 1: For any of the guys kind of like rubbing you the wrong way or or any of the guys like kind of making waves within the house, not really.
Speaker 4: I kind of kept to myself, like, like I said, kind of an introvert. So the conversations, it was interesting, started off as like several groups of two or three, everyone off to their side, and then slowly as the night progressed, there was conversations with ten people, eleven people, twelve people, like the whole house having those conversations. There are definitely some big personalities, like Hakeem walking in with forty balloons attached to him. That's that's something you know, that's not my style. But to each their own. But there were definitely some big personalities in the house.
Speaker 1: For sure. Did the guy really streak completely naked or did he about the.
Speaker 4: War on I someone someone said that I wasn't I wasn't there for that.
Speaker 3: I Oh, someone told me no, I didn't get to see that.
Speaker 1: No, okay, it was a good thing. Yeah, probably. Okay, So then you get you get someone on one time with Jen, like where was that? Where was that within the night and how did that conversation go?
Speaker 4: It was kind of how I wanted to go, you know, I wanted to kind of hit that seventy five percent mark. So but most people will hit get early.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be one of three quarters to the end spot.
Speaker 4: So I was kind of towards the end, I got to have a pretty intimate conversation. It kind of got a little bit deeper than either of us I think wanted it to get to. We both can just kind of hit on our family traditions, our family history. Both of our mothers are immigrants. Both of our mothers basically gave up their life so that we could have a shot at one and that was something that both of us kind of we we got to that point in the conversation, We're like, Wow, this is this is more an intense first date, right, So I think that's kind of where we got to on the conversation just kind of led so effortlessly there do you think do.
Speaker 1: You think if if it was a first date, you would have gotten there?
Speaker 3: Probably not. I think that there are things that.
Speaker 4: I think that are things that are important to me that I value so so much, and my mom is definitely one of them. But I think sometimes you know, when you're getting to know someone you know, you start off as like the surface level stuff of like you know, what do you like to do? What are some of your hobbies? But I think that coming into it, I know I knew Jen's story, you know, watching Joey's season and watching how that's.
Speaker 3: Really important to her.
Speaker 4: It's important to me too, so I felt like it was easy for us to kind of get there that quickly.
Speaker 5: I would imagine too, because you are the only person that shares that experience with her, she probably gravitated towards you know, what you have in common? And because you guys have similar backgrounds and upbringings, it was probably just a natural direction for the conversation to go of like she's talking all these guys like trying to figure out, you know, what do I have in common?
Speaker 2: Where was a very easy one for you guys to connect on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely, And it helps being the only other Vietnamese person in the house, so we both kind of I hit her with a little Vietnamese pickup line and she did a little giggle at it. I just told her that she looked very beautiful in Vietnamese, and she was, oh, yeah, yeh yeah, was impressed with Hopefully she was impressed on my Vietnamese.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So after that conversation in your head, where do you are you like get like seventy five percent chance I'm going to get a rose.
Speaker 4: I wish it was seventy five percent. I was still I was still fifty to fifty. You know that that feeling, that feeling that I that I get to, you know when when you're standing there and like you can feel your heart pounding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was. I was probably fifty fifty.
Speaker 4: There's just so many guys in that in the house, you know, so many good looking guys. Everyone's successful, everyone's peacocking uh in the house. So you know, I wanted to kind of keep it fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: Did you think though, that you maybe had a chance at the first impression Rose.
Speaker 4: Yes, I did think I had a chance with the first impression Rose just because of how intense the conversation was. But at the same time, I was like, maybe it was too intense that she was like, whoa, this is something that I didn't want to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of where my head was with bof of that.
Speaker 1: Was there a guy in the house that was overly confident that he thought maybe he was going to get the first impression Rose?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I think everyone.
Speaker 4: Kind of everyone was kind of flexing their muscles in a subtle way, you know, just kind of everyone in that house show came up as pretty confident, but I don't think anyone came off as super cocky right away.
Speaker 5: Okay, so Sam m ended up getting the first impression Rose was that were people surprised by it? Where people were like, oh, yeah, he's great, Like I could see it.
Speaker 2: What was the response amongst the group?
Speaker 4: There were a couple people There are a couple of people that said that it was just because you grabbed her first. You know, some people wanted to say Sam, she did her toast and Sam grabbed her. And that's what stood out to Jen was someone to make an effort early and Sam was the first person that grabbed her. So that's what some of the people were thinking. As I've gotten to know Sam, you know, especially here in the first the first night, it was he carries a lot of the same values that I carry, you know, he carries that same passion that I carry, and so I get it. So if I think that I could have gotten the first impression Rose, he definitely could have as well, just because of the things that I see in him.
Speaker 2: Right, that makes sense, That does make sense. I feel like.
Speaker 5: I feel like the way that you are describing me, it of like, yeah, I had a really good conversation with her and we share similar values, so I could understand kind of maybe the alignment is usually the thought process of someone who has like a good, easy connection right out of the gate, and I feel like people that are usually grasping it like oh, well he pulled her first. Is maybe an inclination of like, oh, maybe the connection's not there yet with it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah you can, you can.
Speaker 4: Maybe those people were not there after the first night and the ones that we're saying that, so, yeah, it definitely makes sense.
Speaker 1: Was there anyone that you were shocked that went home night one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, definitely. So Ricky was was one of the guys that a lot louder than most of the other guys, you know, super confident. You know, he kind of walked the walk and talked to talk. He kind of everyone liked him, you know. He was a guy that I was drawn to as well. A lot of the guys really were drawn to him, and so to see him go night one was definitely shocking. And then I'd probably say Brett was the other one. He is awesome, you know, just a big band, big personality to match it, and so I was shocked with him as well.
Speaker 3: He did the little Truth or Dare.
Speaker 5: We were shocked by him too. We were really really surprised he went home night one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and so his his little what is that Dare show You're hidden talent? He clears the room out and then drops it down into a full on split in his suit.
Speaker 3: Was that was one of the ones where I was like, damn, I've got this guy's got Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like it was like a montage of what was happening at the Truth or there. And I think we literally just saw everyone like him drop the split in his pan, Like I think I split my parents.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was awesome, he was Saw was shocked that he went home as well.
Speaker 1: So how was your first rose ceremony everything you thought it was going to be or a much longer experience than you picture.
Speaker 4: So getting ready for the rose ceremony was nerve wracking. We all just stood there in silence, basically like waiting for it to get started. And then I'll never forget the feeling of pre rose and after rows of of kind of how my body was feeling, I could feel like one hundred and eighty bpms of like my heart pounding, and then when I got my rose, it was from one eighty to eighty and two seconds, So it felt pretty good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that makes that's actually very true, the tension that you hold in your body at those things and they're so long and you're so tired. Yeah, it's a crucial part of the journey.
Speaker 1: So then Jim drops she drops it at the end of this episode that you guys are going to Australia. What's the mood?
Speaker 3: Then that had to be awesome, amazing, amazing. It's it's like bucket list stuff, right.
Speaker 4: Like, Yeah, you don't really ever think, hey, I'm gonna go to Australia just for fun. So the fact that we all got to go on night one was was awesome.
Speaker 3: Everyone.
Speaker 4: I think not a single guy had ever been to Australia in the cast, so it was it was.
Speaker 2: Cool the way that is so cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was awesome.
Speaker 1: That was cool. What was the because it was you guys are not at the mansion, what was the house? When? What was the house? Like, uh, it was in the front of the front the front of it looked like breath.
Speaker 2: Takes the house like beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was. It was stunning.
Speaker 4: It was huge, and there was a lot of the outside back yard space was probably like the coolest spot. It was just a little cold, but they had like a couple of bonfires set up for us to kind of all go out there. The backyard was I think was the best part because it was like two x of what the front yard was, you know, when we walk out a limit, it was like breathtaking in the backyard as well. A couple a couple of the pavilions with like bonfires for us to kind of get set up at.
Speaker 3: It was awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cool. So you mentioned you were in a serious relationship that ended kind of badly. But since the end of that relationship, how long has it been from today or from night one?
Speaker 2: Was the timeline?
Speaker 1: Timeline?
Speaker 2: Yeah, between night one and the relationship ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, then death then it come across No.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, I was thinking two years or a little bit under two years.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then how within that two years were you dating or what was dating life?
Speaker 3: Like? No? Not really.
Speaker 4: I did a year where I was not really dating, just working and kind of doing my thing here, hanging out with friends. Like I said, everyone in my life, everyone that's important to me is married with kids.
Speaker 3: So my two thirty two okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so my two of my best friends, I've known them since I was twelve, so I've watched them and their families grow. And so when I get the opportunity, it's uncle Thomas here, Uncle Thomas there. Both my brothers are married, well actually a younger brother is married. My older brother gets married, so we're going out to South America. So both of them are in long term relationships. My best friends are in long term relationships. So when I'm I'm bored, I just bounce around to be Uncle Thomas.
Speaker 1: Yes. See, single life, single life is way more difficult when all your friends are in relationships one thousand percent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, So what was kind of your mentality then, Like, going on this show, you were out of this yeriously hadn't been dating obviously that's what you're looking for.
Speaker 2: What mindset did you go in with?
Speaker 4: I think a piece of advice that I got from my mom was really helpful.
Speaker 1: You didn't say Robbie again.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, no, no, no, no, this is this is what good it was? It was It got me, It got me there.
Speaker 4: She said, people that you love and people that you care about are going to watch you, and the person that you end up with, you don't want them to think that you're someone that you're not. So if you put on this facade for however long you put it on, and then you get to the real world and she's like, this is not you. Or if people watch you and they're like, hey, that's not you, that's going to be a harder thing to fix in the real world. And so I came into it thinking, hey, I'm just going to be unapologetically authentic, stand on what I believe in, and put myself out there to be vulnerable and show Jen who I really am. As a person, and if she picks it up, that's awesome, and if she doesn't, then hopefully there's someone else that's out there for me.
Speaker 2: That's great advice.
Speaker 5: That was always my My biggest fear of potentially meeting someone on the show was leaving the show and being.
Speaker 1: Like, this is a different person.
Speaker 2: That's not who I thought I was dating.
Speaker 1: And that I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna wake up one day. Joe's gonna drop the facade. It's gonna be horrible. Yeah, it's a lot harder to correct down the line than it is to just be upfront and true to yourself despite the fact that you're being vulnerable for the world to see.
Speaker 1: Did you prepare yourself or even think about the fact that, you know, going on a show like The Bachelorette is dating in an unconventional way, and you are potentially going to fall in love with somebody who's dating multiple men at the same time and catching feelings for multiple people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and it's a spot where no one's ever been in this spot before. But like before, I if if we were meant to be and if at the end of the road, you know she picks me, then I'd hope that you know, our connection was stronger than anyone else's, and that she's not just playing me or playing any other person, and that like what they say, that you're here for the right reasons, and so I was there for the right reasons.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, that's I don't know. I don't know. No, No, I believe you.
Speaker 3: I believe you.
Speaker 1: I believe you're fucking lying, Thomas. I just I know, like myself, especially when I went on the show, I want to say, I I feel the same way you do. I just don't know how I would have handled it. I do think. I do think it is tough.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, it only gets harder as it goes on, too and.
Speaker 1: Like like being the best true that ends up with the lead and then watching it back, there's just no way that's easy.
Speaker 2: No, there's yeah, one hundred percent not.
Speaker 5: I mean I never had to do that, thankfully, But it's definitely bittersweet being like, oh, I've ended up with this person and we're so happy and in love and now we get to watch our love story along with his love story with twenty six other way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally, totally. Yeah.
Speaker 2: What was your take?
Speaker 5: On the drama between Brian and Jeremy. You know, obviously, Jeremy came out in this very fancy car, him and Jenn are having time talking in it, and then we see Brian come out of the house with the keys to the car.
Speaker 2: Essentially kicks Jeremy out of his own car.
Speaker 1: Well what wait, was it Jeremy's car?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Joe and I were debating, was do you know if it was you know, a prop car or if it was actually Jeremy's car that he drives at home.
Speaker 3: So I wasn't there for that either, so I couldn't tell you about that.
Speaker 4: But I've heard the drama when they both came into the house, but I didn't get to see him take the keys or go out.
Speaker 3: In his car.
Speaker 2: So what did what did you overhear? What did we overhear? I wasn't there. What did you overhear?
Speaker 4: A lot of people their personalities are completely opposite. I think Jeremy is a really really quiet, you know, kind of behind the scenes guy, and and Brian is definitely not. So that I think it kind of made sense of how those two kind of interacted. It was, Yeah, Brian, Brian's is a big personality as well.
Speaker 1: So he was one of the he was one of the louder.
Speaker 5: Also, I just pulled up Jeremy's details and he's from New York, So there's no way that they shipped his actual.
Speaker 2: Cart al shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably not. Probably not.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say definitely not.
Speaker 1: Probably not, But it's fun to think it was.
Speaker 2: It's fun to think it was his real car.
Speaker 5: So would you say that the house skewed more towards Jeremy's side than Brian's side in that interaction?
Speaker 3: I definitely think so. Jeremy was.
Speaker 4: Jeremy's always been super quiet, you know, just kind of calm, cool, collected behind the scenes, and he didn't really.
Speaker 2: That's funny, kind of a show.
Speaker 1: His limit entrance is it like that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: His limo interest is more like hey Jesse. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. As I got to know him, it was kind of the opposite. So that's interesting.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but that happens sometimes sometimes people go a little all out for the entrance and it doesn't always totally align with who they.
Speaker 1: Are at their Poor Thomas, We're going to play a quick game, a little rapid fire, get to know you a little better, all right. You want to do it. You want me to do it, I'll do it. You haven't done rapid Fire in a while.
Speaker 2: No, I've really been getting out of it. Joe's been handling rapid Fire. It's very easy.
Speaker 5: All fun, chill questions starting off with what is your go to comfort movie or show?
Speaker 3: Comfort movie? I'm gonna nerd out a little bit go Lord of the Rings series.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen Lord of the Rings, which is crazy because I feel like I've seen all the other like major, I love Lord of the Rings. Yeah, if you could have any superpower, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Flying? But I'm scared of heights. But yeah, flying just to go.
Speaker 2: Probably why because you wouldn't be as scared if you could fly?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What's your go to karaoke song?
Speaker 3: Sorry by Justin Bieber?
Speaker 2: A classic? What's your favorite ice cream flavor?
Speaker 3: Cookie?
Speaker 2: Dough cats or dogs?
Speaker 3: Dogs? Come on?
Speaker 2: What's your dream vacation destination?
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, somewhere on the beach or bora.
Speaker 2: What's the best concert you've ever been to?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm gonna say hang out like a concert at outdoor venue on the beach, music all around.
Speaker 3: Pretty sweet spot. What is it called Hangout Festival? Where is where is this golf Shores, Alabama.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's like a music festival.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just like it's literally two polar opposite stages like on the beach.
Speaker 3: So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. What's your favorite way to spend a day off?
Speaker 4: Work out, play fetch with the dogs in the back, and then cook myself from meal?
Speaker 1: Wow? You you're just You're just the whole Mark movie town.
Speaker 3: I love cooking.
Speaker 4: I love I love I love cooking. I'll tell you guys a quick little cliff notes. Both my parents were fostered when they came to the United States, and their parents are Italian and Irish, So I grew up like in an Italian household where my my no one have taught us like all these recipes and we were growing up. So we're a huge food family growing up.
Speaker 1: Wow. Like, what's your go to? What's your go to dish that you cook?
Speaker 3: Carbonara? That's my go to?
Speaker 5: Really Okay, yeah, that's a good way, all right. What is the most adventurous thing you've ever done?
Speaker 3: Cliff diving?
Speaker 4: You know, we went out to a place in Italy they took us out to this year. Cliff you climb up like a couple of dozens of feet and then jump off of it.
Speaker 3: So it's pretty cool.
Speaker 5: That's so cool. I've done cliff jumping before. But there is a point that you pass where you're like, okay, like, if I do something wrong, I'm going to really be in a lot.
Speaker 3: Of pay Yeah, totally.
Speaker 4: And you're when your hands and feet like wiggle for just a little bit too long. That's when you know you're a little bit too high.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Okay. What is one food that you can't stand?
Speaker 3: Tomatoes?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like like on burgers. I can't do no cold tomatoes on sandwiches.
Speaker 2: Will you do tomato sauce?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Will you do? Catch up?
Speaker 4: Just just no cold tomatoes on like a cold tomato on a burger.
Speaker 2: I'm disgusting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't. I don't totally disagree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 1: It depends kind of like tomatoes on my hot dog.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's weird to me. What musician would you love to see live?
Speaker 3: Chris stapleson.
Speaker 2: Favorite season.
Speaker 3: Summer? Definitely?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 5: And if you could describe this season of the Bachelor in one word, what would it be?
Speaker 3: Spicy?
Speaker 2: Spicy?
Speaker 1: I like that, all right, Thomas, thank you so much for coming on. We can't wait to watch the rest of you on this season. And to all our listeners, thank you guys for tuning in.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 5: And if you need any retirement advice, you know who to reach out to Thomas and he will prepare you for your future financially.
Speaker 3: I appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: Don't forget to subscribe.
Speaker 5: We will have more recaps of Gen season and exclusive interviews from all of your favorite men coming up. Thanks for listening, Bye bye,