Speaker 1: Second date update.
Speaker 2: I think a great first date should be a little romantic, little adventurous, little damp.
Speaker 1: Oh god, no, by damp, I mean drinks.
Speaker 3: Nobody says that.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be a good name for a bar, though.
Speaker 3: Damp damp don't.
Speaker 4: Actually I would go, Yeah, it's a trendy bar, and it's like it's like an.
Speaker 1: It's eighteen and under.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 2: One of our listeners hanging out at a bar like that for her first encounter.
Speaker 1: With a mysterious gentleman, So let's talk to her. Welcome to the show. Lisa.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, Lisa.
Speaker 2: On a scale of one to damp, how good was your first date a lady?
Speaker 4: I don't think that's what he meant, but maybe I don't know, Lisa. I apologize. I'm just gonna say that.
Speaker 1: Okay, new question. What was the name of the guy that you were with? Let's start there. His name is damp. I swear I'm leaving.
Speaker 5: Alex.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, grab me and napkin?
Speaker 5: Will you?
Speaker 1: I like you? Lisa and Alex? Okay, how did you meet Alex?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 6: We met on a dating app. I'm kind of new on that, but I seem to really have hit it off.
Speaker 3: Like you get a lot of matches. Is that what you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you're a woman. Yeah, it's wonderful. Not even a real woman still getting I.
Speaker 4: Just say, even Ashton, our technical director who's running the board.
Speaker 3: Just did dull with his hand. I'm just going to let you know. The whole room is with you, Lisa. So why did you choose him? Why did you choose Alex to go out with?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so I know a lot of people don't like shirtless picks, but honestly, I was so hot for it. I was I was like, that is exactly what I'm looking for.
Speaker 1: I mean, he so just to update recap, hot girl likes hot guys.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, And then you're shocked.
Speaker 2: And I'm guessing, like, what do you end up doing for your date with Alex?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he ended up asking me. He doesn't do this a lot, but he wanted to surprise me on a date, like kind of put it together. And I I was a little nervous just because I watched a lot of I D.
Speaker 3: You know, wait, why were you nervous? Because you watch what?
Speaker 6: I watch a lot of I D Discovery, Like you know, all the like crime shows, basically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and a guy plan a guy planning a date is usually how people get killed.
Speaker 5: The surprise, well, not knowing what to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when it guy's like, hey I got a surprise, okay, especially a guy, a guy you don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I took the necessary precautions, you know, let my roommate have my location on you know. I felt I felt confident, I felt good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So wait, what was it like when you guys met there? What was a surprise?
Speaker 6: Okay, so well, we went to this bar and we're we're there for a good hour and a half, just chatting it up, and I kind of was like, what's the surprise, you know, because I just it seemed like a typical kind of bait. Yeah, And he looked at his watch and he's like, ten more minutes.
Speaker 2: Ten more minutes, Like the pill says it's supposed to kick in within twenty.
Speaker 3: So what happened in ten minutes? What was going through your head?
Speaker 6: I'm like kind of looking for the exit. No, I'm kidding, I'm it felt like a good hour, but it really was only probably like seven. And he's like, okay, we're ready. Follow me, and he grabs my hands and I get off to the stool and we go towards the bathroom and I'm like, uh.
Speaker 4: Okay, wait, was Jeff right about the pill?
Speaker 1: And he knocked you going.
Speaker 6: He knocks on the backroom door, and then all of a sudden, the whole wall seems to kind of push in, and it's this like elegant, elaborate poker game, like a.
Speaker 4: Speaasy, It's like a backroom fancy poker.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to go to one of these.
Speaker 3: That's so cool, that's pretty fun.
Speaker 6: I felt so important at that time. I was just like, whoa, that's cool.
Speaker 1: Doors are awesome.
Speaker 3: So did you guys sit down and like play poker?
Speaker 6: Well he did. I don't really know how to play poker.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you had to just stand there.
Speaker 6: Well there was okay, so there was so many people there, and I mean, like I said, I kind of swept off my feet. I was super impressed. So I was just like kind of just in awe of everything. So it didn't feel like I was just standing there, okay, until it got like two hours in and then they're like, okay, we're gonna speak a five minute break.
Speaker 1: Oh wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So but he was still playing and I'm like, I don't want to ruin whatever. But it was this part of like what's going to happen next, you know, and it's just like, well, I'm kind of doing great, so.
Speaker 4: Oh total, maybe it's one thing to play for like twenty thirty minutes and then go. But two hours, Yeah, you're not playing if you're in the game.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but he's rich now because you're.
Speaker 3: Kind of just his arm candy. But is that a bad thing for two hours?
Speaker 6: But the fact that he was like I'm going to go back, I just like, how about we meet up after then, you know, because I kind of yeah, yeah, I mean everyone focused on the game. Yeah, and I just kind of was like, okay, So I ended up getting an uber and I was like call me, you know, when you're you're done, and he never called me really yeah, so then well I called him the next day to just check in with him.
Speaker 5: Nothing.
Speaker 6: That's all what happened at the beginning with the shirtless picks.
Speaker 1: You know makes thank you Shadow, So what do you think went wrong?
Speaker 6: Okay, I again, I don't want to like sound like I'm bragging or anything, but I always get a callback and like I'm very I mean, was I not interesting enough for him?
Speaker 3: I think you weren't boring enough for him.
Speaker 4: He just wanted someone to stand behind him the entire time and not talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well this is where you guys come in, because I'm honestly, I'm thrown. I don't know what to do because, guys, I'm really digging him.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're only digging in because he's ignoring you.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's play a song while we do that. You can text us a picture of his shirtless profile pick so.
Speaker 1: That we know what we're working. It'll help us, it'll help us for the second.
Speaker 3: I think I need to see it.
Speaker 1: I think you did. We need to review it.
Speaker 2: And then when we come back and we'll be looking fully armed and well prepared to do your second date update.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, second date update.
Speaker 2: It doesn't get much hotter than this for a first date, guy with a six pack, a secret backroom poker game in two straight hours of standing around.
Speaker 1: That's what Lisa did on her surprise date. Oh oh boy, that's what the surprise was. Watch me play cards, surprise. There's so much standing around. I almost had to sit down. They had to take a break halfway through.
Speaker 2: The game because they weren't finished, and that's when Lisa decided she didn't want to hang around any longer to see the end of it, so she just took an uber home and was hoping that she would get a call back from Alex afterwards. So far nothing, So we're going to go ahead and call for her and Lisa, would you mind just waiting on hold for two hours while we try to get him on the line.
Speaker 1: You can stand if you want.
Speaker 6: Guys, Honestly, this entire time, my hands had been clamming, like I really want to know what's that?
Speaker 3: You know this.
Speaker 4: This this guy may just have a really fragile ego, right, Like he's obviously bringing you to a poker game to show off that he has enough money to, you know, lay down at a poker table and it's all fancy with fancy people, and then you don't stick around.
Speaker 1: You're saying that it's her fault, right.
Speaker 6: Eh, yeah, yeah, I wouldn't known that I would have stayed. That's really I Yes, I really like Emmy.
Speaker 3: As long as you know that's what you're getting into, all right, it'll be healthy.
Speaker 2: Okay, misclam hands, you hold on. I'm gonna die his phone number right now?
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go, are damp?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm looking for Alex.
Speaker 5: This is Alex Alex.
Speaker 2: My name is jeff from the morning radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. From what a radio show It's called Brook and Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: In the Morning.
Speaker 5: All right, why are you calling me?
Speaker 1: Nice to meet you too.
Speaker 5: Sorry, nice to meet you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we're calling you because we do a segment on our show called the Second Date Update. It's where we help our listeners get in touch with people that they went out with after they're not getting a call back.
Speaker 5: Oh, okay, that's okay, I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: Well that's the point.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a good point, totally good.
Speaker 1: Want you to be interested.
Speaker 2: Well, we're getting the vibe that you might not be interested. But the girl that you went out with doesn't understand why.
Speaker 1: Her name's Lisa.
Speaker 3: Oh do you remember Lisa, super hot Lisa.
Speaker 5: The wait, So Lisa called you and told you about our date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she emailed us because she's really confused. After spending a whole night with you having a great time, you've completely ghosted her after the poker night.
Speaker 5: Okay, is the laughing about that, what do you want from me?
Speaker 4: Then she just wants to know why, Like what because she said she called you the next day and you haven't gotten in touch with her at all.
Speaker 5: I mean I suppose i'd call her if I wanted to call her, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's figured it out that you're probably not interested.
Speaker 5: But she why.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you don't want to date her again, that's totally fine, Like that's your decision, but she could use a little bit of closure.
Speaker 5: The short answer is that I don't really have time to be dating. I got a lot going on in my life and I don't really have time for that.
Speaker 3: So then why are you on a dating app?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you took her on a date.
Speaker 5: All right. I'm gonna be a one hundred right now. So I'm really good at poker. Okay. I've been about ten twelve hours a day playing poker. It's pretty much my life.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what does that have to do with Lisa?
Speaker 5: All I if you really want to Okay, so this is like an experiment for me, an experiment. Yeah, uh okay, So Lisa, I don't you should know Lisa's really hot. Yeah, Lisa is a very very very beautiful, charming, charismatic woman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and apparently you're a very very beautiful man. Yeah.
Speaker 2: In fact, Lisa sent us a picture of your from your dating profile, and I would have.
Speaker 5: To agree, well, thank you. I'd take care of myself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, sir, you're taking care of a lot of other people.
Speaker 3: Okay, so she's pretty, she's nice.
Speaker 1: What's the problem.
Speaker 5: I don't there is no problem. Everything went perfectly. Look, she is so beautiful that she's a bit of a distraction to the other players.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, are you saying that you like? Wait, what are you say?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 3: I think I know, but I want you to say too.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I saw this in the James Bond movie one time, and this beautiful woman that is a distraction to the other players, And I'm telling you it worked like a charm and I cleaned up that night.
Speaker 3: So you strung her along just so that you could win more money?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean that's a pretty big deal. I want a lot of money.
Speaker 1: I don't understand, though.
Speaker 2: If she if she was this successful for you, if she distracted the other players that much, wouldn't you want to have her back for your next poker knight.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you want to use her again?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I mean yeah, but she left, so I figured that was the end of it.
Speaker 1: Any defense of.
Speaker 3: It, feel like that is just really gonna hurt.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, she may have left that night, but she's come back now.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What I mean by that is she's on the phone right now and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: It wasn't some weird analogy.
Speaker 1: No, she's physically on the on the line. It's been distracting me the whole time. Yeah, and she wants to talk to you right now.
Speaker 5: Sorry, So what exactly what's happening here?
Speaker 1: Is our surprise for you?
Speaker 5: Lisa Alan?
Speaker 6: I thought me, I thought this week.
Speaker 2: Oh no, are you crying happy tears right now because he called you hot?
Speaker 1: Is that what's going on?
Speaker 3: You're not in tune?
Speaker 1: Okay, it was something else.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I do like you.
Speaker 3: Oh, don't do that.
Speaker 5: How could you.
Speaker 6: Use someone like like? I mean, I'm not saying that I had a blast like. I mean, we were talking the entire two weeks that leading up to this dates. You seem so genuine and you seem so different than everybody else.
Speaker 5: Okay, Look, I mean I I'm genuine I didn't lie about anything we talked about. I just don't. I'm just not interested in that kind of relationships.
Speaker 6: You just said that to them, that you just this was an experiment, like how could you save a prison? You used as an experiment.
Speaker 2: I don't like when people cry because it makes me want to start crying.
Speaker 4: I mean, it sucks it really, like you got to understand where she's coming from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I don't. Look, I never I don't want to hurt your feelings. And I'm sorry. I didn't think that you would take.
Speaker 6: It this back everything I mean, Alex was everything big, Like we didn't have a connection at all?
Speaker 5: Are you are?
Speaker 6: Is that what you're telling me we.
Speaker 5: Had a connection? I mean I didn't. I wasn't going to bring somebody along that Annoise is out of me.
Speaker 3: Wow, what a compliment this guy. This guy, Yeah, I think that has a bright side to it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, she may have actually been more into it if you were just up front we're like, hey, I want to try this, Like, why don't you go around trying to distract some of the other guys.
Speaker 1: She may have actually wanted to help you. That's a point. J What do you think, Lisa, if.
Speaker 6: You would have told me that way earlier, it would have been a hot game. I think I would have been down for it. But no, no, wonder why you're still single and nothing has worked out for you?
Speaker 5: Okay, I mean I'm still single because I choose to be. So you can formulate whatever story you want. I think if you saw the kind of money that was involved, you might reconsider. But that's all right. There are other hot girls around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, good thing. I got other phone numbers from that game.
Speaker 2: So when hot people fight, you know, Lisa, you got other guys numbers.
Speaker 6: Of course I wasn't going to say that in the beginning. Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean she was being ignored for two hours on her date, like you got to.
Speaker 1: You, Yeah, just have a different poker guy ignored her for two hours.
Speaker 5: Now, I guess, all right, we'll have all of those losers because I took all their money.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, well, clearly you're the only loser here, missing out on real connection and using somebody. Karma comes back around, just say, you know, all right, well I'll.
Speaker 5: Cry at the bank, not on the radio.
Speaker 1: Oh roach, yeah haw. Girls always deserve it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I got you, buddy, be honest with people time.
Speaker 1: I'm supposed to offer to send you guys out on another day.
Speaker 3: If I don't see many red flags, I think.
Speaker 1: Lisa should go for it.
Speaker 6: I don't know right now. I'm just shocked. I'm just so shocked.
Speaker 3: I'm a little worried. You said I don't know, and.
Speaker 5: Not just no money.
Speaker 3: It's now a good time to say I'm okay being used, Alex.
Speaker 2: And there's a bunch of people in this room that don't mind being lied to and being objectified.
Speaker 1: So I love. Yeah, I don't have I have nothing to do this weekend. If you need another piece of candy.
Speaker 5: Take me some picks and I'll review them
Speaker 3: Jeffrey in the morning.