Speaker 1: It's the best bit of the week with Morgan I two.
Speaker 2: She's breaking down the top seven segments from the Bobby Bones Show this week.
Speaker 3: What's up everybody? Happy weekend. I hope you're enjoying this. Maybe you're in Nashville for cmafest. It's a little crazy ever here, or maybe you're just enjoying a relaxing weekend.
Speaker 4: And if that's the case, I am certainly jealous.
Speaker 3: Right about now. So please have some relaxation or R and R for me. Check out Part one, Part three this weekend, Mike d joins me. We had some big life updates, so he and his wife celebrated there for your wedding anniversary. He has huge news with his braces, and my cat Hazel has unfortunately been hospitalized this week, so we talked all about that. Part one, Part three is always listener questions and we get all the answers that you want to hear, so check those out. But reason you're here is to catch up on the show, so let's do it. It's no secret that Amy and myself are not huge sports girlies, but we're trying to be so. Bobby quizzed Amy on NFL teams and she had to name whoever the team was based on the city, and it's super funny to listen to.
Speaker 5: She had some good answers. Number seven, We've got five bucks on you, Amy, I have bet on you. I think you'll get over twenty two NFL mascots. If I give you the city, you give me the team, Eddie bet under. There are thirty two. You can miss ten. Okay, And this is all because on the show yesterday there are four teams. One of the four teams, I'm gonna make my new favorite NFL team. I don't have a favorite NFL team. Grew up in Arkansas, we didn't have a team. But the teams that I have the options are. I won't even say until we're done. I don't want to give her any any Ready, Amy, Ready, we'll go alphabetical. This will be pretty quick, so you only have like five seconds. Answer. Good luck, Amy, Arizona Cardinals correct, Atlanta Falcons correct, Baltimore Ravens correct. It is over Buffalo Wings. I don't know. That's hilarious, even though you missed it. It's the only the gun I like that they'll go. I don't know it's not the Buffalo Wow Wings, but I respect that answer. And the Wild Wings are up?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: The Buffalo Bills. That's familiar. Carolina Panthers, that's one of the four teams I'm deciding.
Speaker 6: Chicago Bulls, that's basketball, Chicago White Sox, Chicago Chicago.
Speaker 5: The Chicago wo Wings. Why not?
Speaker 1: Chicago Bears?
Speaker 5: Bears? Have you got four so far? We are in good shape. Okay, we're in good shape. Cincinnati Bengals correct, Cleveland Browns correct, Dallas Cowboys correct, Denver Broncos correct, Detroit Lions correct, Green Bay Packers.
Speaker 1: Let's go, jeez heads, Houston Oilers.
Speaker 5: No, no, Texans, keep going with your instinct though, don't don't.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, sorry, I grew up. Okay, it's Texans.
Speaker 5: Amy, just answer right away.
Speaker 1: That's what I just did.
Speaker 5: I like that strategy because I don't want you to know you shut you take that whole take that little hole of yours and sew it up.
Speaker 7: Okay, but I like going to answers click.
Speaker 5: I think Buffalo is might be my favorite answer to any question ever. Trivia wise, Indianapolis Colts correct, Jacksonville.
Speaker 1: Jaguars Yes, yeah.
Speaker 5: Wow, Kansas City, jeez, good, Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: What oh oh oh Las Vegas. Oh, oh, ramsay, didn't they move there?
Speaker 5: Or they that's they didn't move there. But they're the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 1: Oh, the Raiders.
Speaker 5: That yeah, she has thirteen so far. It's good.
Speaker 1: The Raiders moved there.
Speaker 5: Los Angeles, Rams, correct, Los Angeles. They have two teams. What I know, Angels Baseball Chargers, come on there.
Speaker 4: I would never have gone that.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm not sure, like in the percentage where we are, I know I've lost counts. She has fourteen?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 5: You need eight more Miami Dolphins. Yes, you need seven more Minnesota Vikings correc He needs six more New England Patriots. Yes, Oh my gosh, she's gonna win. She needs five out of ten fifty New Orleans Saints. Yep. Oh, this is getting ugly. New York.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, right now I have two things in my head, uh, Jets and the Giants.
Speaker 5: Your answer is Jets, correct, New York Giants? Yeah, need one more Philadelphia Eagles. Correct. That's so so as of right now, she's crushed it. So I'll take five bucks, however, double or nothing.
Speaker 8: Um no, no, we're not taking.
Speaker 5: That that I didn't give you. I didn't give you that. What the rules would.
Speaker 7: Because she's on a run, like I can't stop her.
Speaker 5: One, two, three, there's six double or nothing that she can get four out of six. I say she can get four out of six.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't know what other experience.
Speaker 8: Let can you give me like five seconds to think about it. She needs four out of six double or nothing.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's go four out of six. We got this Pittsburgh Steelers one, San Francisco.
Speaker 1: Forty nine ers, Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 7: Get that. That's the one I was making her.
Speaker 5: So I don't get fined if you get one more of the three uns.
Speaker 1: Marsh On play for them?
Speaker 5: Yeah, used to? Okay, yeah? Washington?
Speaker 1: How do I know that?
Speaker 5: Washington?
Speaker 1: Oh? I wanted to quick quick stop. I want to say Redskins, but I think they had to change it.
Speaker 5: Washington.
Speaker 1: Oh, what's the how do you get PC about this? Washington?
Speaker 5: Universal Skins? That's not bad? Not bad?
Speaker 1: Are they still the Redskins? But they just don't say it? Are they? Did they change it?
Speaker 5: I need to answer.
Speaker 1: Reds in correct.
Speaker 5: They are the commanders.
Speaker 1: They changed it.
Speaker 5: There are two left. Come on, all she has to do is get one or two.
Speaker 9: Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay, Tampa Bay, Tom Bay as I say, Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Speaker 5: Of course, and the one that was holding for the end in my pocket. Come on, Tennessee Titans. I'll take ten dollars. When you bet on Amy, you win money. You got to bet on Amy. Every time I bet on lunchbox keep losing, I would have gone those right. No, I know that's your wheelhouse. I'm just saying me, thank you. I needed that cash infusion for sure. Great job. The four teams I'm deciding between to be my new favorite team are can you name them?
Speaker 1: The Panthers, the South Carolina No, the Carolina.
Speaker 5: Pan Yeah, and they're in North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Oh they are yeah yeah, Charlotte okay, yeah, the Carolina Panthers, the Denver Broncos, the Dallas Cowboys, and the Minnesota Viking.
Speaker 5: Great memory, pretty good. One of those four I will make my new favorite team. But I will take my ten dollars. Addie.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's coming.
Speaker 5: No, no, I need I want to slap it on the microphone. It here, okay, here you go, Yeah, thank you, buddy. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So sometimes so Bobby, when I win for Eddie, he gives me a cut.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, we're not doing that. I give you a tip, learn the ones you didn't let you know. I'll help you later. Yeah, one hundred percent next time. Yea, learn the ones you missed.
Speaker 1: What I care about.
Speaker 10: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Lunchbox wanted to get a little nosy and he asked Abby how things are going with living with her boyfriend and on that what's the financial situation?
Speaker 1: Is she paying, not paying?
Speaker 3: What's going on? So, yes, he did get nosy and we were all witnessed to it.
Speaker 5: Number six, this maybe awkward Lunchbox Squad.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Abby, I know you moved in with your dude and it's his house. So I just had this thought the other day. I'm like, does Abby pay rent to her dude, like because it's his house or is she just living rent for you like a mooch?
Speaker 5: I mean a mooch. I feel like that is not an appropriate way to ask the question. That's already kind of awkward. Would you like to answer it? Abby?
Speaker 12: You know that's a good question because I still have my place that I'm paying mortgage on.
Speaker 7: Oh that's smart just in case.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you're still using electricity. I'm not on his side. I'm not on his side. Like, do you split the water bill?
Speaker 12: No, we don't.
Speaker 5: Whoa, Okay, all of your utilities are cheaper because you're not there.
Speaker 12: Correct, Yeah, this was a conversation.
Speaker 5: We have good healthy No. I like it of.
Speaker 12: Like it would be kind of like a three month trial period where I wouldn't and then I would start paying. But we haven't had that conversation yet.
Speaker 5: How long have you lived there?
Speaker 12: It's been like three months. This is now the time to have the conversation.
Speaker 5: What do you think the proper protocol would be?
Speaker 12: I honestly don't even know.
Speaker 4: I should.
Speaker 12: I probably should write like half half. No, no, no, maybe not half.
Speaker 5: I don't think half. Now, I'd like to talk through it with you, if that's okay. It's just appropriate and comfortable for you. Yeah, okay, he has a house. Uh huh, still paying a mortgage on the house. Yes, you don't pay half because you're not. It's not your house. So if you're going half and half, his half is equal to your half. But he's also getting equity, right, so that, I would say, would not be a fair percentage for you to pay. Let's say the house is one hundred dollars a month total in on the mortgage. I would say you would pay thirty dollars a month and that you would pay half the utilities. Okay, how often are the kids there?
Speaker 12: Fifty of the time?
Speaker 5: Okay, I now say forty percent of the utilities. So I think the if I were the negotiator here the intermediate area, I would say, here's what we'll do. Because you're owning the house, it's your house. She's going to pay thirty percent of the rent because she gets no equity of the mortgage payment. And then she's also gonna pay forty percent of the utilities because the kids are using a bunch of the crab too.
Speaker 11: M h.
Speaker 12: I mean that is like a sticky situation, right.
Speaker 5: No, it's not not. If you go head on, it's an uncomfortable situation. But relationships are built through uncomfortable situations and conversations because then you feel so much freer after. I really had a hard time with my wife early on having those uncomfortable conversations because I never had to have them. I live on myself, I was single, I was never an in serious relationship ever, and so I was like, ah, I want her to not like me, because I always felt like I was one step away from her not liking me, and so I avoided it. I am now I have learned that we have grown so much through the uncomfortable conversations, way more than the comfortable conversations. So it's not sticky. It could be uncomfortable, but either way, you're going to grow from it. So it's now time for you to have that conversation. And I'm not saying go do it today, but I would encourage you to get ahead of it because he's probably going in his head, oh man, I got to bring this back up.
Speaker 12: Yeah, he probably is.
Speaker 5: So what I would suggest to you, if this were my job as professional suggestor, I would say hey at three months, say hey, three months is up. I've been thinking about how we should do this, and if you feel uncomfortable saying it, because you do sometimes struggle with saying things, and when you get nervous, write it down. Say I've taken a second, I've written all this down, this is what I think would be fair and why, and you just hand the paper. Okay, that's awesome.
Speaker 12: Well I like that.
Speaker 5: He'll appreciate you, as they say, cutting to the chase, because he's also thinking about it, and he may actually go, I don't think you should pay thirty percent, pay twenty five percent and help out with you help out with the kids. There's value in that.
Speaker 12: M hmm. Thanks lunch Fox for pointing that out.
Speaker 11: No, I just it was a genuine question, and I just was wondering, are you serious?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: That was sarca.
Speaker 1: Know it's good.
Speaker 12: It was good because I did have this in my head.
Speaker 5: I was like, going to weigh on you and be a point. It's going to be a bit of a minor anxiety for you until you address it. It is uncomfortable, but you grow through uncomfortable things. It's uncomfortable to physically grow. Think about that when you're thirteen fourteen and you're growing. Your body hurts. When you're learning something new, it sucks because you don't get it. You're clunky. It doesn't matter if you learn a piano or you're fixed learning how to fix a house. It sucks you hit your thumb with the hammer, but you learn from that. Anything uncomfortable that results in growth, but is so much more of a benefit than the uncomfortable thing you went through.
Speaker 11: And I got a great idea Bobby is great at mediating. So we'll just bring your dude on air and Bobby can talk it out with him.
Speaker 12: Oh my god, he would love that.
Speaker 5: Not because I'm ill too. You don't have to do it, but if you do, please let us know.
Speaker 12: Okay, yeah I will.
Speaker 5: That would be my healthy suggestion.
Speaker 12: Yeah, thanks for that.
Speaker 5: And what about Abby's house, Like, what's going on there? Well, at some point she has to commit.
Speaker 12: I know, I just love my house. It's the first house I've bought.
Speaker 5: Okay, I say something else, Okay, rent it out?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 5: Do uh. You know it's if you do a one year lease, you're not gonna be able to charge as much. If you do it a multiple year lease, you can charge a little bit more. It gives them a little security, the person who's running the house. I would not encourage you to airbnb it. I would encourage you to rent out the house once you feel comfortable with that. But that's also a different commitment. That's a different level of commitment that I don't want to be scared of making. If you think you should make it, But like your guts are saying, but I'm nervous, but your head is saying I should make it because, like I'm in, kick your nuts, kick your guts in the nuts, kick your guts in the nuts, and rent out your house.
Speaker 12: I get nervous people are gonna trash it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's part of running your house out though. Yeah, that's why you do it first and last last month's rent, and then you have insurance and there's always something to fix once it's done. But you will make more and the equity will grow in your house. It will be worth it.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 5: And then does he have a big enough driveway for both your cars? Great point cars? No he doesn't, actually the cars.
Speaker 1: No, I love my other car.
Speaker 12: I don't want to get rid of it.
Speaker 5: Then sell the one you don't love as much.
Speaker 12: Yeah, but what happens when we're again.
Speaker 5: Stored up here in the villa? Do that? Okay?
Speaker 10: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Bobby made us all name a celebrity that we are kind of unfair haters of. But then he put a twist on it after we admitted that celebrity. And so this is all together right in here where we name the celebrity that we're haters of. And then we had to do a report on them to hopefully change our perspective.
Speaker 5: Number five, there is a reason we're doing this segment to hang with us. But who are you unfairly a hater of? And I guess I didn't realize like how much Megan Markle rubs me the wrong way. And I mentioned it yesterday. I was like, everything about her seems in authentic, like it's all affront. She's trying to do this presentation of look how perfect I am, and nobody's perfect, nobody's even great. People are good, sometimes people are really good, Sometimes people are mediums, people are below average. Just in general, we're human beings. Megan Markle have you believe she's the greatest human ever? And Amy was like, she's sending an email every day to her kids. They don't have access to it, but when they get old, they're going to see a story she wrote every day with pictures, and I'm like, you know what that is. That's sweet, but because it's from Megan Markle seems very disingenuous. So not fair for me to feel that way. But I'm an unfair hater of Megan Markle around the room, Amy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for some reason, I'm not really a big fan of ben Affleck and I don't know why, Like it's.
Speaker 5: Just like think about it, why let's talk, like what about it?
Speaker 1: It's always been this way.
Speaker 5: Maybe he'll love life his movies. I don't like a character.
Speaker 1: I kind of like, like I like Going all the way Back to Goodwall Hunting. I like the movie, but for like, if he's in it, I'm not like, oh I gotta see it. I'm more like, even though it's because that's why it doesn't make sense, right, I just have this weird distaste for him. Interesting, man, I can't explain it.
Speaker 5: A poor guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's fine, he's fine. I don't think he's worried about it.
Speaker 5: Unfairly, you're a hater of Benet Like I sort of vam.
Speaker 8: Eddie Ariana Grande unfair, but like she just seems plastic to me, Like I feel like there is a real Ariana Grande that we don't know because every time they show her awards show, she's like.
Speaker 7: Goodness, see, oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I watched what's the movie with the Wicked?
Speaker 7: I watched Wicked, Like.
Speaker 5: It's like and she was a witch. There's no way she was a witch.
Speaker 8: It's just she's just weird to me, and I feel like we don't know who she really is because she's fake and plastic, and it's not fair.
Speaker 5: I feel like her being a child star put her at a lot of disadvantages and also gave her a lot of advantages.
Speaker 8: But I tell you that's not fair. But you want to know. I see her and I'm like, I don't like her.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox man, there's a couple I want to say, just one place. But you're not a hater.
Speaker 11: Yeah, And it's the perfectionism. It's Tim Tebow.
Speaker 5: I loved him. There's no way, Like, how do you say he's that perfect dude? Like kind of is perfect perfect? I refuse to use the word. I think he wouldn't use the word perfect. But go ahead, Lunchbox, speak your piece. But that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: We all the mooton news coverage and media is like he is just so perfect. He does this, he does that, He never curses, he never does he never speeds, he never he never never never speeds. It's like, dude, guys, he doesn't walk on water like he's just like us.
Speaker 5: There's no way, And I think he would tell you he just like us, like he's.
Speaker 11: Not with the boys, just like, look at that hottie, yo, look at I mean, come on, like it's so obnoxious.
Speaker 5: So I give you a brief Tim Tebow a couple of stories. One, I've met him in professional settings he's been awesome. I've met him in non professional settings he's been even better, like where he's come up to me and been like Bobby, what's I've had multiple interactions and some with a bit of length, and he's been a plus where you're like, is that even real? But it's been at at least four so you think he's really mister perfect perfect. But do I think he's extremely kind and thoughtful probably all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, with his life, words and thoughts. Like I think he just is.
Speaker 5: A and I feel like he doesn't present it for others to see it. People say it about him more than.
Speaker 1: He's and then that's unfair because he would if he were here right now, I'd be like, oh my gosh, guys, I'm far from perfect.
Speaker 5: Would be like, I am perfect. She's like I am I'm the most perfect parent. It's hard, but I am perfect.
Speaker 1: But but I get it.
Speaker 5: Lunchworks is just jealous.
Speaker 1: You can't explain I'm not jealous.
Speaker 5: Now I can explain it. Jealous. He's not jealous.
Speaker 11: It's like he puts on this front and he carries this like, oh my god.
Speaker 1: Don't you think it would have like the veil would have been lifted at this point.
Speaker 5: Tiger was perfect for a while and then you just lost your case in one second. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 11: Tiger carried it for so long and everybody thought he was perfect. So who's to say the team bow is not perfect like we all think.
Speaker 7: So you're waiting for that veil to lift on TV.
Speaker 5: If I taking golf the club to the window of his wife, I would say. The difference is Tiger when he was younger did social media wasn't around. Tebo's been around during social media age forever, so the environment is completely different. And Tebo's also had twenty years now to do this in social media age. But I think that's jealousy. But Morgan, do you have one?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 4: Mine's James Gordon.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 5: I think I've heard he's really bad.
Speaker 7: I've heard that too.
Speaker 3: I just like, honestly, ever since watching Blink Karaoke, he's just always rubbed me in a weird way, and something about him feels so disingenuous of what he's doing.
Speaker 4: And I just like my skin kind of crawls for some reason.
Speaker 5: I think I used to go, Man, that guy's hilarious and he can sing really well, and he's on Broadway and it's like wow, like I'm really envious of his toolkit. Man, I've heard some bad stories about that dude. Really, So my skin calling was I think it was a good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know your spidy senses.
Speaker 5: Here is now part two of this bit. Everybody tomorrow must bring in at least sixty to ninety seconds of why they could possibly be wrong. Find something great about the person real. We're going to prove oh, un is the easiest one. We're going to prove that our instincts can be wrong. So I want you to go in deep dive, maybe ninety seconds, and I want you to prove yourself wrong. Why find great things they've done that possibly changes your mind, because there are people out there now that have that feeling about you, that feeling about me, and we feel like it's unfair.
Speaker 7: Yeah it is unfair.
Speaker 5: No, you're doing that as somebody else. So this is a social experiment. Your goal tomorrow is to find ninety seconds a presentation, improve why you're going to prove like they're awesome. Oh boy, it's gonna be tough. But you don't know that you haven't done that. You haven't done the work. I make a google, like, what has Ariana done? That's good? Now I want you to find it and bring it in and the experiment will be We're wrong a lot and we could be wrong about this and not everybody is one thing. Ready, have it? Yeah? TI our best?
Speaker 1: Oh shoot. Ben Affleck apologized for being criticized for grouping an MTV prisoner on air.
Speaker 5: And I don't know what you're doing. Okay, I'm good and see don't don't no, no.
Speaker 1: What kind of addiction does mant? Alcohol?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: No, it's not doing the research. Tomorrow we do our presentations. Okay, ok good, okay, goodbye. We all have a ninety second report to do on a celebrity that we admitted we're a hater of. Now, I didn't tell you guys you were going to have to do something positive. So you said it going, I'm a hater And then I said, now tell us why we should like the person. Did he give you a new perspective? Yes? Okay, Now I'll go first. I have a ninety second report on Meghan Markle because I said I'm a hater, because she seems super inauthentic. Now that being said, I will say no more negatively. I will admit it. I've been skeptical to Megan Markell. I've said she come across as in authentic, and maybe a time she has. But if I'm being fair, there are some positives that we must acknowledge about Meghan Markle. First off, Megan had used her platform to champion important causes general quality, mental health. She's always spoken out when it would have been easier just to stay quiet. She's a rich royal. That's a cool tag team for wrestling too. The rich royal royal that had been cool like that takes courage, especially with the scrutiny she was already facing. She was an established actress before marrying into the royal family. She built a career. She was in suits for seven seasons. Philanthropically, she's been hands on. She worked with the World Vision, the United Nations, and the Hub Community Kitchen helping support women after the Greenfell Tower tragedy. Which I also learned about and love her. Hater, you cannot deny that she helped force a long overdue conversation about the royal family, race and the pressures of public life. That's impact. So yeah, I've been a hater, but credit where credits do. Megan Markle has done some meaningful things in her spotlight. Thank you nice? You still hate her? I don't hate her and hating. I don't hate her, but I think I would be considered a Megan Markle hater. Now I think I'm just a hater. I used to be a hater. Now I'm a hater. It's a little limited. I just feel like she's no nothing negative. That's the rule. Amy. Who is your celebrity Ben Affleck? And why did you not like him?
Speaker 1: I'm not really sure. He just gives off a vibe but I don't fair enough love. But I looked into him ninety seconds and go and here are some things that I can consider about him, Like, first of all, he is named after a Holocaust survivor. It's a friend of the family, n someone that his family knew. Yeah, his name that makes you like him more. I'm just giving you some origin of Ben. Yeah. So He's publicly battled addiction, and he talks about sobriety with honesty, which I can appreciate. He goes out of his way to sign every autograph and take every photo like that's what he's known for. He's got a reputation for that. He's Besti's with Matt Damon, and Matt seems awesome, awesome. He got kicked out of a casino once for being too good at poker. Did you know that?
Speaker 5: I maybe I've read it, don't.
Speaker 1: Know, too good at something. He co founded a nonprofit for the congo and has gone there nine times, so he's actually not just all talk nice. He has action. He has testified before Congress about stem cell research and get this, he recycles.
Speaker 5: That's on Thursdays. He pushed out of the curve himself.
Speaker 1: And then another thing that I have to keep in mind is that he was married and has children with Jennifer Garner, and she seems like one of the most down to earth awesome people ever. So there has to be something about him that I'm missing. And I do think maybe from what I hear they co parent well.
Speaker 5: So from inside sources.
Speaker 1: But maybe they don't. I don't know. But he says a lot time.
Speaker 5: Are you the same amount hater as you were?
Speaker 1: I mean he does recycle.
Speaker 5: Okay, there you have John Okay Morgan, who are you a hater of?
Speaker 4: I'm a hater of James Gordon.
Speaker 5: Okay, now tell us ninety seconds positive things about the late night British singer, comedian, star, stage and screen James Corden.
Speaker 4: Go ahead, yes, Okay.
Speaker 3: So he created carpool Karaoke, which has obviously provided a whole lot of entertainment for people online and connected people to some of their biggest stars. It was a very cool invention and it did a lot of awesome things on the Internet. And then in April twenty twenty, when we had the pandemic, he paid the salaries of all of his purloughed employees that were on his show, which was really cool.
Speaker 4: That was a really hard time for a whole lot of people.
Speaker 3: And then like when he did finally leave his late Late show, he used his farewell speech as an opportunity to talk about the deep divisions in America.
Speaker 4: So he used his platform for some good things and for a purpose.
Speaker 3: And then when he hosted the Brits, he donated his fifty thousand dollars fee that he got paid to do it to Comic Relief. I'm not sure where the Comic Relief was, but it was Comic Relief. So he was trying to do something go with his hosting. And then he also in a lot of his charity work. He supported the Phoenix Foundation, World Jewish Relief, and the Salvation Army, so he had a lot of hands and a lot of things. This is my personal favorite one is that he donated to Magic Breakfast where they provide like healthy breakfasts to disadvantage children. So he funded over a thousand breakfasts to start and then he got children to eat for.
Speaker 1: Laughing breakfasts.
Speaker 4: Am I not saying breakfast? Did I say it weird?
Speaker 5: What do you say? I don't know.
Speaker 1: I said break breakfast.
Speaker 5: She said breakfast, Morgan Morgan to talk about James Cordon Amy, I.
Speaker 1: Do, I would say breakfast. I would. This is something I would laugh at myself about. She said it once and then then she said it again, so then I was like, oh, that's so funny breakfast.
Speaker 4: So am I continuing or ahead?
Speaker 3: Got her and we're talking about the kids here, So he got he fed thirteen hundred children for an entire year, which was really cool. And then he's also been married for twelve years and they have three children. He hasn't been in the news for any scandalous things with his marriage, so that's good.
Speaker 5: You get credit NOWT for not being mad. Do you feel like you're less of a hater?
Speaker 4: A little bit less?
Speaker 3: I feel like I could find more if I it would be cool.
Speaker 4: If I could have found more. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 5: He did not event Carpool Karaoke. By the way he did it, it was already kind of like a series popular. It was a podcast there it's called carpool, but it doesn't matter. He did write a bunch of checks. It sounds like that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So I don't know that it really changed, but you know, here we are, here.
Speaker 5: We are Eddie. Oh yeah. Mine was Ariana Grande.
Speaker 8: Okated on her because I feel like she's plastic, not real.
Speaker 7: There's a side of her that.
Speaker 5: We don't know, and she's hiding something. And she's like, I'm perfect. You keep going on the negative, like one thing, go ahead.
Speaker 8: So I looked into Ariana Grande and she gives a lot back to the people. So when she had her concert in Manchester, England, there was a suicide bomber.
Speaker 5: It was really bad, tragic. She still goes back. That was in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 7: She goes back every year.
Speaker 8: This last Christmas, she donated a thousand Christmas presents to a bunch of kids at children's hospitals in Manchester, and.
Speaker 5: She went herself. She's gone herself. That's time and effort for sure.
Speaker 8: She has donated more than twelve million dollars to Manchester the community, which is awesome. She's donated more than five million dollars to better help so that they can have free therapy for people.
Speaker 7: Wow, that's pretty amazing.
Speaker 8: She's donated her royalties for her song Stuck with You to the First Responder's Children's Foundation. Don't know what that is, but the money she made from that song goes to them.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 8: She's allergic to cats. My wife's also allergic to cats, so I understand that's trouble.
Speaker 5: And that's the thing that's that's your whole point there. She's allergic to cats makes them more relatable and not plastic.
Speaker 8: So maybe that's what we don't know about her. These are cool things.
Speaker 5: Right here. She does great impressions of people the best. She nails them.
Speaker 8: I had no idea ray play the first one where she does Jennifer Lawrence Jimmy.
Speaker 1: He told me not to do a game show, but I was like, screw it, I can have fun. I'm a regular person.
Speaker 7: She sounds just like Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 5: Do you any other ones?
Speaker 8: And then yes, I have the Jimmy, the Jimmy fallon one where she sings like Britney Spears singing Mary had a little lamb Ariana Grande. I would like to publicly apologize for hating on you. I found a lot of good stuff about you. I like you now under.
Speaker 5: One fan, Umber one fan, and our final reporters from Lunchbox Lunchbox, Who where you a hater of Tim Tebow? Mister perfect can do no wrong? He walks up. That's not the point. The point is that the talk talking about the things, and now I'm done being negative. Go ahead, you have ninety seconds.
Speaker 11: Tim Tebow. He was a college football star at the University of Florida. When people are going to kigers and worrying about what broad they're going to take home from the boy what broad?
Speaker 5: No, we heard you. We wanted you to say it. Deffinitely go ahead. What chick they were gonna take home from the bar? Reason?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Tim Tebow's out raising money for the local hospital. And he also did it for Uncle Dick's orphanage down in the Philippines where he was born.
Speaker 5: He was born in the Philippines. Did you know that I did? Pretty freaking cool?
Speaker 11: And he was like, Oh, there's some kids that are disadvantaged and we should raise some money to send him to Disney. So he did that way he was in college, and then he graduates, he goes on to the NFL, makes millions of dollars. He's like, I'm not done raising money. I'm gonna start my own organization.
Speaker 5: And what did he do. He built a hospital in the Philippines where he was born, where he.
Speaker 11: Was born, because he wants to get rid of club foot and burn victims and other things that could be corrected by surgery. So he built a hospital. And then last but not least, one of the greatest nights of my life prom.
Speaker 5: Bringing crown prom king.
Speaker 11: There are kids that don't have prom because of electual disabilities. So his foundation started Night to Shine and he sends all of them to prom Tim Depot, Tim Tebow, Hey he might Tim Deepot.
Speaker 5: I love Tim Deepot. I never heard of it. Yeah, go ahead, Tim Tebow. You all have speeching pattiments. That's the thing. When Amy said that to Morgan, Hell was like, we can hold up a mirror. Every one of us could hold up a mirror at the same time. Yes about Tim Deepot, go ahead, yeah, Tim Tebow, maybe just the greatest human ever lived. Come on, what do you sell any conclusion?
Speaker 11: In conclusion? I thought, Okay, he's just putting on a front. He's been putting on a front a long time, raising a lot of money, doing a lot of things.
Speaker 5: So maybe he is just a great dude, And that, my friends, is a great example of Tim Deepot. Tim Tim Deepo.
Speaker 7: He was Filipino, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: No, no, he's not Filipino. He was born in the Philippines. I think you could be considered his parents were just there being missionaries. Yeah, so you're born there. Here's what's crazy. Did you know he had been at home, Depot why his mom was pregnant.
Speaker 11: She contacted dysentery and they were worried that the baby was going to be still born, and they but abortions were and they were like, you just need to get rid of the baby.
Speaker 5: A super Bowl commercial and she didn't do it. And that's when Tim Tebow was born. Yeah, they did a stoopball commercial a that that a couple of years ago. There's a lot of commercials.
Speaker 11: I can't remember that, but I just was reading it and I was like, man, that's crazy. So not only from an early age did he overcome things. He was battling dysentery when he was in the womb.
Speaker 5: In a negative age, and.
Speaker 11: He was like, you know what, when I get out, if I survived this.
Speaker 5: I'm going to change the He said that in the womb, that's what he had to be let go. That might be why he is just so perfect. Thank you, Lunchbox, good job. See if that's good right, look at the other side of things.
Speaker 7: Feel better about ourselves.
Speaker 5: All right, it's the.
Speaker 10: Best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: Lunchbox called me out, which you know, what's new, It's just another Tuesday at the Bobby Bone Show. But he wanted to share his thoughts and feelings after I sent an email to our office here down in Nashville and whatever.
Speaker 5: Number four uh, trigger alert or someone in the studio lunchbox claims that Morgan's spamming the office. Just I think somebody's gonna get upset at this, but go ahead.
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness. She sent out a whole company wide email Nashville, all, hey, guys, look at me. I won this award or I'm gonna be in some magazine some bull crap.
Speaker 5: I don't even understand what it was. Okay, but how do you call it bullcrap? If you don't know what it was, then this is where it gets hilarious.
Speaker 11: Like I would love your support and I get a special award if I sell the most tickets to this thing. So I'd love for you to come, and you click on the link, and I'm thinking, oh, ten twenty bucks, okay, people can come one hundred and thirty four dollars to go with Morgan to this event. I mean, I don't know who Morgan thinks she is, but paying one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 5: Four dollars to go to this thing outrageous. And I think.
Speaker 11: Morgan was also fishing for replies like oh so proud are you so?
Speaker 5: Not a single reply, cricket, not a reply reply all.
Speaker 1: Maybe they replied to her.
Speaker 5: Nobody replied, is any of this rooted in the fact that the news asked her? No, no, I just saw this come acrossbrity softball game and not you.
Speaker 11: No, it just came across my email, and I'm like, oh, my goodness. She is phishing for people to love on her, looking for it, and she's wanting people to support her, and just oh, I'll come, I'll come, I'll come.
Speaker 5: One hundred and thirty four dollars boo gez. So I do have the email here. I don't check morek email having in years, so I didn't get it, but I can read it here. Hey, everybody, I hate to blow one's inbox up. Wanted to share some exciting news. I was chosen as a in Focus Fresh Faces of Philanthropy for twenty twenty five and it's about her and her dog Remmy. And they've been going to old folks home. That's a proper thing to.
Speaker 4: Say, yeah older folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah sure, yeah, better words. And they've she'd been going with the therapy dog, her dog, Remy. And so they nominated you or gave you an award?
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they nominated me AB's Garden nominated me for this award through in Focus and in Focus selected me.
Speaker 5: And so you sent the email out and I'm seeing the link here, So what do you What do you get for the is one hundred and thirty bucks?
Speaker 3: Well, so, okay, I sent it out. I don't care about the award that you get in the night. I was just trying to be fully transparent. But what happens if I were to win that award? A huge donation would go to APES Garden.
Speaker 5: Oh so it was cool, So you won any award?
Speaker 4: I don't know. I won't know until that night of they don't tell us.
Speaker 3: So and like I sent this to ABS Garden, We sent it to a whole bunch of people trying to just see how much money we could raise in hopes that Aid's Garden will be the winner.
Speaker 5: And do you have a bunch of people going as you accept your award?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a bunch of people through AB's Garden.
Speaker 3: And I thought it would be cool from people from war because it's an opportunity for community and charity. You just never know who's somebody knows and how a senior living community is impacting somebody else.
Speaker 4: So that's why I send it out. I never send Nashville all emos.
Speaker 5: An individual ticket is one twenty five and if we buy a ticket, it don't go.
Speaker 4: That's fine, you can totally do that.
Speaker 1: What Oh, well, I guess the is the evening benefiting something or whatever you're buying the ticket for goes to whoever wins.
Speaker 3: It will go to whoever wins, so they're all, regardless of money, will go to charity.
Speaker 1: Perfect, okay, regardless.
Speaker 4: I'm just hoping it goes to my charity exactly.
Speaker 5: Yeah. There's a bring a Crowd bundle. Ticket bundle includes admitted for ten guests, reserve seating, featured businesses or company logo, b EPI, swag bags, special recognition. Do you have ten people?
Speaker 3: So Eggs Garden bought a table, so there we do have like a ten people doing that.
Speaker 5: Do you have ten more people?
Speaker 4: I don't know. There's your boyfriend going yeah, but he's coming with me.
Speaker 5: So that was like, by way off, I get ten people to go, I will buy a table.
Speaker 1: Okay, so like Bobby buys the table, Morgan fills it.
Speaker 5: Because we're not going right, Well, if you can, I will buy I will buy the two thousand dollars table. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 7: Wow, but I am.
Speaker 5: Not going to go.
Speaker 4: That's okay. You don't have to go, but that'd be really really kind of you, maybe hilarious.
Speaker 5: I have an empty table. Just buy the table. But on the on the table we'll put I'll put like a logo or something of the show or the podcast.
Speaker 1: Morgan, I already I have a conflict that night.
Speaker 5: I do too, or I would go, that's okay. My conflict is I don't want to go.
Speaker 3: I don't have another It's okay, okay, And I was not fishing. And yes, people did respond individually because I said at the bottom, if you have any questions, respond individually.
Speaker 4: I know how much it sucks to get blown up by an all email.
Speaker 5: I also cannot go because it's six at six pm on Wednesday, June eleventh. But I will. I will buy a table for two thousand dollars and well that if you can fill it, and we'll put a logo up whatever they want us to. Yeah, it's there's at kids are in.
Speaker 4: Okay, you're not invited, got them?
Speaker 1: That could be fun.
Speaker 5: No, no, don't get his side. He just insulted her and brought the whole thing up. Now there's for something, not someone me. That's what I'm saying is I'll go.
Speaker 1: I've got abby. Maybe I will.
Speaker 5: Buy a table and then see if you can find the ten people to be at the table. Okay, I can do that and hopefully all the money and if it doesn't, it goes to something good. Right, Yes, Okay, I'll buy a table.
Speaker 4: That's really kind of you, Bobby.
Speaker 5: I didn't get the email. I mean you did, but you didn't check it. Yeah, well I don't know I checked that thing in years. Man, I'll be honest with you. Okay, congratulations, thank you. That's really cool. You've been doing a lot of great work. That's mostly want buying a table because you've been working hard at this for not just for a year, for a long time. You even got your dog certified to be a therapy dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: But how often do you go to the old folks home?
Speaker 4: We go several times a month.
Speaker 5: She went and did a podcast with all the old people too, or the elder. I don't know older. I don't want to get canceled like ten years for saying the wrong thing about old people.
Speaker 4: Most correct is senior living community.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a lot of words, though, that is s ELC. Yes, Salt Lake City. I can't have those initials. Okay, Morgan, I'm gonna buy that. You get the people to go and we'll put a logo of something up there. Maybe we'll do it Lunchbox's head. No, you give him all the credit. No, okay, okay, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, there is something Eddie's eleven year old time wants to start doing, but he is not thrilled. His son is an athlete who wants his son to be playing sports and focusing his energy on that.
Speaker 4: Well, that is changing.
Speaker 3: His eleven year old wants to do something new, and there's a whole lot of perspectives in here.
Speaker 5: Number three.
Speaker 14: I think it's cool to be in band at school. I think it's cool, do you? Yeah? I wish I would have been in band. I didn't get in band because I couldn't afford the instrument, so I was embarrassed to have to go and ask for money or alone and varro.
Speaker 7: But you did sports too, right.
Speaker 5: I would have done both. I would have thought it was cool to learn music. I don't why did you grunt ah man band? I just I don't get it right, that's correct. You don't get it. I don't get it.
Speaker 11: I mean, I will say. There was one guy my high school, Nick Batani, and he was stut athlete and he would march in the band at halftime in his football uniform.
Speaker 5: Oh that's cool, that is cool. Dan Hampton did that. Who's that Chicago played for the Bears. Oh okay, I thought he went to Mountain Pine High School. No, no, nobody Mountain Pine did. We had like eleven people in the band. I wish I could have been a band. And so now.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so my eleven year old son's going into middle school and you know, they have all the electives, and he's like, guys, I think I want to do band.
Speaker 7: And I was like, well, well, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 8: You're an athlete, like you play basketball, you play football like that, this is what you do. Like I'm a musician. I love music, But marching band, to me, that's a waste of time. You're gonna be a basketball star, focus on that.
Speaker 5: What do you think he'll have and learn more from in life by doing basketball? No team sports, playing highs. But he can do both.
Speaker 8: Now I see now that what Lunchbox said that's kind of cool. He played so lunchbox. He plays the game and at halftime.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he didn't even go in for the halftime adjustment speech. He just goes against his uh whatever instrument and he would get in the formation and he'd be in there's Anderson Trojan uniform, dude, marching.
Speaker 5: I don't remember what instrument he played, but stud athlete, stud. So what if he wasn't a stud? What if he was somebody who just played sparingly and then also as in band. That's pretty bad. That means that's embarrassing. Like it's cool.
Speaker 11: I guess it's better that he's a stud athlete. It's like, okay, like he actually is important to the football team or whatever team if he was just like a bench warmer and be like, oh, they don't really need him in the locker room anyway.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: Now, if he was like dad, Dad, I want to buy a drum set.
Speaker 8: I want to start a band. Like, okay, now we're talking. You can be a basketball player, football player, start a rock band. I'm all for that, but marching band, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Oh, come on, I vote yes for marching band. You I'd say no, I'd encourage my kids not to do it because it's just a bad look. It's not a bad look, that's what I'm saying. It's a great look. It's a great look, and it's something he'll be able to use learn how to read music. So if he does want to be in a real band later, you don't know how to read music.
Speaker 7: I don't because I wasn't a band.
Speaker 5: How great would that have been?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would help a lot.
Speaker 11: Also, Also, if he does join the band, just don't allow him to get a letterman jacket with band on it. That is an absolute no. No kids that did that. I'll like, guys, you ain't in the sport, you're just in the band.
Speaker 5: Like the logo is like a little big drum. It's the school letter, but it has like one of the little patches on the letter.
Speaker 11: Yeah, musical instrument. It's like, no, that shouldn't be going on the jacket.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Amy, I say go for it. I wish I would have been in the dand I think that'd be awesome and so fun.
Speaker 8: And what are we saying that now because we weren't in the band, Like what if we were in the band?
Speaker 5: I wish I would have been in the band, because then I wouldn't have had to buy a guitar to pawn shop at twenty years old and learn chords from a Walmart poster. I mean, that would have been awesome and I would have been in band if I could have afforded it. But I couldn't afford it. I was embarrassed. We had no money. So I don't want to beg for an instrument. So I think it's great if he wants to do it. Aren't you at the age too, when you're eleven or twelve you're just kind of finding yourself. Yeah, meaning you're trying all these different things.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 1: But his dad has already defined him as an athlete.
Speaker 5: No, who not me.
Speaker 7: He's an athlete. He's been playing sports since he was little.
Speaker 1: You're saying, whoa, whoa, you can't do band, you're an athlete.
Speaker 5: Well more that's true in his mind, is one or the other.
Speaker 8: More on my side is like the time, like, are you gonna want to take time away from your practices and your sports to learn how to play trombone?
Speaker 5: I don't know, is it trombone he wants to play? Now?
Speaker 7: He didn't say the instrument is march, but if.
Speaker 5: He's like, and Dad, I really want to play the flute. No, I did, no way, no way, we can't do that.
Speaker 7: We can see.
Speaker 8: Can you imagine he plays football and then halftime he does a flute in the marchin awesome?
Speaker 5: Does the instrument I won't say matter? Does it make it worse? Yeah? For sure?
Speaker 11: Like I mean the only I think reasonable one I guess is the saxophone pretty cool?
Speaker 5: Or the the drums that snare? The snare is pretty awesome? About the tuba? No, you know, tube was not cool, guys, Tube was not cool. What about the trombone?
Speaker 1: No clarinet, I don't.
Speaker 5: Know what clarinet is? What about trumpet? Oh that's okay, I guess that's all right. It's trombone cool. I don't think it's cool. And there's not really trombones this one firm. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I just don't see a lot of use for the trombone either, Like later in life, you don't see a lot of trombone players.
Speaker 5: So it's like really a wasted spot.
Speaker 1: We could go into jazz.
Speaker 5: I'm not even saying he'd play the trombone forever. It's learning music, learning how to read music. But if you picked up a flute, would you learn music? Yes, you still learn you would learn flute. You learn how to read music, but you'd also learn flute.
Speaker 1: And do you learn how to march and like be coordinated and work as.
Speaker 5: A group and all your band friends. Yeah, because social life goes down the hill.
Speaker 1: It's like it's more, there's more to it than you think.
Speaker 5: So are you encouraging it's not say that. I can't even be on that side because band's not a sport, but it.
Speaker 1: Is the competitive marching parts.
Speaker 5: It's a written Would you say battle the band is a sport?
Speaker 1: No, I guess I was just thinking of like it is a competition.
Speaker 5: It's a musical competition.
Speaker 4: They do like.
Speaker 5: Band is not a sport. I cannot subscribe to that. I will say band learning an instrument is really difficult.
Speaker 1: But when they do those really intricate you know, h.
Speaker 5: Those are sports. When they do those halftime shows, that's a freaking sport. When we've got a bunch of white people playing instwards marching, that's pretty lame. Not the playing of the music, because the music is cool. But yeah, yeah, not a sport though, band not a sport, but music in general is not a sport, and I think you.
Speaker 1: Know about the marching band part.
Speaker 5: Sure, choir is a sport.
Speaker 1: No, they're not marching on a football for okay, So.
Speaker 5: What are we doing here?
Speaker 7: I don't know. Man, it's a tough one because.
Speaker 5: Let your kid do it. I know.
Speaker 8: When if he comes and says like, I'll quit basketball and football for the now, we're no, we can't allow.
Speaker 5: What if he only he's like, I just want to pick one to focus on it, and Dad, it's the fluid, ask your mom? Okay?
Speaker 8: Then well I don't want to kill his crushes dreams. But I also like, I can't allow that.
Speaker 5: What if he's like, Dad, I just want to dance, ask your mom, I'm out, Okay, let us know how that goes. I will.
Speaker 10: It's the best bits.
Speaker 5: Of the week.
Speaker 10: With Morgan number two, we.
Speaker 3: Had to get a little controversial and share the most overrated bands in our opinions. And there are some show members that felt personally attacked during this moment and it was funny to listen to and because we all have our favorite bands, we have the things that we love, right, but there's always somebody else out there that feels that that particular thing you love is overrated, and that's exactly what the segment was all about.
Speaker 10: Number two.
Speaker 5: I gave nobody a heads up on this question. I'll give you guys about thirty seconds to think about it. It's the most overrated band ever. Well, lunch is quick. Well this might be the easiest question. It was easy. Okay. Now, overrated can still mean a good band, but maybe people think they're great. A great band, people think they're the best ever, a bad band, people think are good. So overrated doesn't mean not good only so most overrated band ever? About ten more seconds, Amy, Good, Now, I gave nobody prep this was going to happen, so this is all just coming off top of your head. Most overrated band ever, Amy, Nirvana? What? Wow? Okay, what did they do? You are a hater?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: I just feel like nobody's right, nobody's wrong. Go ahead.
Speaker 1: He died and then that catapulted it to like, I don't know, it just seems like it's legendary. But they were really weren't even around that.
Speaker 5: Long accurate statement, And I do think his death did create a lifetime of fame and meaning for Nirvana. They did create an entire sound, or at least make that sound popular and pop, and I love Nirvana. I'm not going to be offended because everybody has the right and I can even accept that they could have been overrated. That doesn't mean they weren't good, right.
Speaker 1: You just said that before we went to it, he said before. I know it doesn't mean that.
Speaker 5: I just love Nirvana. It's a big part of childhood. So I'm trying not to be offended here. But I think that's a good answer, and a lot of people probably feel that way. That are dumbway only in my head. Okay, good answer. Okay, Morgan, most overrated band ever. You're not right, You're not wrong. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: There's gonna be somebody in the studio that's really mad about this. But they've talked about this band so much that I decided to listen to him because I.
Speaker 4: Didn't grow up.
Speaker 5: I got to be Pearline. Oh my god, to be Pearl Jaminetty.
Speaker 4: He's talked about this so much. He's so obsessed. All he wants to do is see them go to every concert they have. And I was like, let me go look into this band.
Speaker 3: So I listened for all about five minutes, and man, Pearl Jamis is not my day.
Speaker 5: This is so dumb, that's hilarious. I love it. I love this.
Speaker 7: She went to listen to him.
Speaker 5: That's good. Hey, you're curious. Yeah, open mind.
Speaker 4: I was trying because he's so in love with them that they had to be good.
Speaker 5: What was it that you didn't like about him?
Speaker 4: They were just kind of basic. It was all about the same.
Speaker 1: I didn't really feel excited.
Speaker 3: I like to get excited with songs, and every song I was just like, cool, I'm bored, moving on.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 5: I like Pearl Jam. I don't love Pearl Jam, but I like Pearl Jam. That's Eddie. That's Eddie's favorite. What's up? And not? Definitely not overrated. Nobody's right, nobody's wrong, stupid, nobody's right, nobody's wrong. Thank you, Thank you, Morgan Lunchbox. You wrote down, you went quick, Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 11: I saw this band one time in person, Austin City limits ACL and I mean, one song took forty five minutes.
Speaker 5: Dave Matthew's band. They suck. They are so awful that it just feels like the worst.
Speaker 11: I mean, people love that band and he gets so much love and they are horrendously bad.
Speaker 5: I think you don't like jam bands. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 1: I did Dave matthews Man that like jam band? Also like Grateful Dead Yes, Grateful.
Speaker 5: Dead Fish, But Dave matthews band actually had hits two which was a rare combination.
Speaker 1: Is that other one? My friend travels the country watching them.
Speaker 7: White Bread Pennis and another one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's that version and I'm not big into that, but Dave is awesome. Oh no.
Speaker 11: They would sing and then they would play the guitar for twelve minutes with no words.
Speaker 5: And it was like, what are we doing?
Speaker 1: Jammy.
Speaker 5: Now, I'm not a fan of the concerts either. Oh but I think you cannot be a fan of because those songs sometimes and it's like they're long and you're really, she's been time, Sam Dan, and then they can they started again. Oh man, I can fill you on the jam band part. I don't like anything like that, but that might be the dumb I think they're in the Rock and Hall of Fame. They are. I think Nirvana's in the Rock and Hall of Fame. So Pearl Jam are they? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, they areted rock and roll.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I kind of love Dave matthews Man. I think they're awesome. Okay, but no, one's wrong. Now that's kind of wrong. That was kind of I think you don't like the style more than the band. Maybe that was the verse.
Speaker 11: I mean, I don't listen to their music, but that was the first time I really sat there and I was like, oh my god.
Speaker 5: And my buddy John loves them, and he was like, this is so good. I'm my dude. He has been on the same song for forty five minutes. It's had a wartile. You would hite all those bands. Then, I think you think jam bands are overrated in Okay, jam bands, I don't. I didn't know that was a term. But do you know, like, let me give you like a crash to me?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know that one good one. That's a fine song. It's a fine song. You don't hate it. I don't hate it. But she's been in town sound in Tuna Jes and uh, it's not the same song. No, different song song.
Speaker 11: Okay, then I probably know it because it's I recognized that space between.
Speaker 5: That's the same song, as you say different. No, No, I did a bad impression. Okay, Okay, nobody's right, nobody's wrong. Yeah, Okay, Hey, Ray, do you have one overt a band. Yeah, give me the Beatles.
Speaker 7: Oh my goodness, I gonna give me end this segment.
Speaker 5: I can understand it. I don't agree, but I can understand it. It sounds whiny. Well, I may sound incorrect in saying this. Are they they're British? There they sound British edge Shearon did a great job of becoming an americanized. I just feel like all their music sounds like it's across the pond. That's where they're from, though, right, I'm not into that. I want American people interesting, and it's just the one song. Rock and roll is kind of a mix of black influence and European influence too, Like that's really what rock and roll is. I just want any of the white artists stole from it. I look at the great rock and roll bands of all time, the Beatles, that led Zeppelin, like the Who. Yeah, I hear you. You're not right, You're not wrong. But I can understand people saying the Beatles because the Beatles are the number one tier of the biggest band of all time. And some people may not agree with that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like you, I don't agree.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't agree with the Ray either, but I can see where that comes from. And here's why I'm gonna put in this the reason I just read a whole interview on the They're on the front of a magazine and I like them fine, but they're not the god teer you too? Yeah? What is wrong with? These? Are all great bands. I didn't say they were bad or even mid that are very well raged Okay, but I think they're overrated. Yeah, you guys. They even have good songs. It's beautiful Day.
Speaker 7: Yeah you like that one?
Speaker 5: Amy, right? I like that one, but I also like and I still haven't found what I'm looking for. That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nobody's right.
Speaker 7: Number's wrong with Without You?
Speaker 5: Good song?
Speaker 1: That's you too?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: With Without You? They're on low but they're not god here as they call that top top, top tier. They're not that really you too, Yeah, i'd put like I put like Dave and Nirvana, but I can Yeah, that's fine. I know I like them. I like them. If they came to town and they're playing on a Wednesday night in Town, I would not go.
Speaker 8: Edie would I would go, and I would drag you along with me.
Speaker 5: I would not go a c DC if they came and played. I would go on Wednesday night? What over you two? Yeah, I don't get it. I don't understand any of you guys. What about day Matthew's on Wednesday night? We're going if Dave would play the songs and not play fifty minute versions, but that's not my style. Like their fans love that. I would go to a Dave Matthew's concert again because they're really good, but they just play the jam band things, not for me. I liked. I like to sing along with songs. They have a ton of hits. She's been.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most jam band people. They're partaking in other things, right for sure?
Speaker 5: And yes, okay, that's all. I haven't gone yet. Why did you skip me?
Speaker 7: This was the easiest question I've ever.
Speaker 5: Gotten you in my life.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, because you're gonna skip me because you know what My answer is the most overrated band ever and this goes in the category of bad band, but people love them.
Speaker 7: You go, it's Nickelback.
Speaker 5: They are terrible.
Speaker 8: Why does this band even exist?
Speaker 5: Uneducated? You see a cliche and chase it down like at your mom, your.
Speaker 7: Hater, I think I started this cliche.
Speaker 5: You don't. Nickelback has some awesome songs they have. Yeah, no nickelbacks an go back to awesome. But see, all these bands are rad highlator but I just felt like throw overrated.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, I guess we're all right now.
Speaker 5: Who do you feel like? It's not Yours? Is the most right?
Speaker 4: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: Probably Morgan jam.
Speaker 11: I would say, I don't even really maybe listening to you too, so I'd say you just because Bono.
Speaker 5: Look, he drives me nuts because he is so cool. He preaches out his shows. Yeah, but the haters, all right, it's.
Speaker 10: The best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 3: After some teasing and things happened on our part two of the podcast where we heard that Bobby was holding on to something because Amy was late for a show related since you well, Amy finally figured out what that thing was and it all comes out during this moment Number.
Speaker 5: One, get to what we talked about on the show last week. We had a call about it yesterday. This was the voicemail we played.
Speaker 13: I was listening to the podcast today and you guys were talking about Amy was late at some point and it wasn't when she got locked in her room. A caller called in a few months ago that said something about it really drives her crazy when you guys start to say something but you don't finish it. This was kind of one of those moments where we all now want to know, so just saying, I hope we get to find out tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Love the show tomorrow is now today, And that was never meant to be a segment. And then it turns out Amy didn't know, and the whole thing was nobody on the show has been late to anything in years. It's our culture. You respect everybody, so you get everywhere on time because everybody else got there on time. And I said, the only person that's ever been late in the last whatever amount of years is Amy, and she's like, I don't think I have so lunchbox new immediately I knew, obviously, what are you thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, you knew you've been holding on to it. Didn't know.
Speaker 5: I've be't hold I didn't think about it a second time. I've already let it go.
Speaker 1: That's what you said, you said, I'm singing. Oh yeah, it definitely took me a while to piece it all together. And I was like, oh my gosh. Yes, the home run Derby and listeners probably would have seen that on the live because I think at one point you go, well, Amy's finally here. True, and but see what threw me off as you were like, she didn't even she had an excuse, and it wasn't even good. I never gave an excuse.
Speaker 5: I know the excuse too, because my wife was talked you on the phone and you were like, I just kept driving.
Speaker 1: I say, she gave an excuse, and it wasn't good because I never gave one. Yes, I was on the phone with your wife, and I got a little sidetracked because I saw that I was going to be driving by your house.
Speaker 5: But you weren't driving by her house. That's not the way there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on my map I thought it was that's not an excuse. And then I got excited to see if she could hear me honk from the road and I go, oh college, and I was like, six.
Speaker 5: That's why you why you were late before?
Speaker 1: Ask her and she was like I didn't hear that. I'm like, you didn't hear that, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: But that wasn't even the way to the field.
Speaker 9: It was though.
Speaker 1: It was then I looked at the map and I'm like, oh, shoot, I was supposed to turn before your house, not after your house. But I was on your road, but I had to turn before, not after. But I got a little excited about figuring out she could hear me honk again. So then I turn around and have to loop all the way back around and then turn past your house the other way. So I got to drive by again and honk again. Oh my gosh, she didn't hear that time either.
Speaker 5: I didn't know about the honky thing. That morning, when I got back, she was like, how to go? I said, good, except Amy was late. She was it's first time anybody's been late for years. I said. I didn't say anything because whatever, And she was like she was. I was talked to her this morning. She was right on time. I was on the phone. I was like, she had your back because she was like she was on time. I was talking to her, I didn't know you were trying to drive by our house and honk so she could hear you. You just made it more mad. That's like, not even a thing.
Speaker 1: I didn't think I was gonna be late. Still at that point, my map still listen. I my map showed me I was going to be there on time. Then when I accidentally had to detour past your house twice.
Speaker 5: Wasn't accidental? You just didn't follow the map?
Speaker 1: No, No, you have to know when I can't multitask, Okay, So I can't look at a map and talk on the phone and then get excited about whether or not she can hear me hawk.
Speaker 5: So why is that exciting? Note, I don't know.
Speaker 1: It just like an experiment. And then I go and then I missed the field again, and I end up in some church and I call Scuba and I'm like, I'm here. It says I'm here, but I don't see y'all, and he's like, keep driving around, keep driving around. Then sure enough, there y'all are with a bunch of kids.
Speaker 5: There with the kids, there were no kids to pay those They were at the school next to the field then.
Speaker 1: But that's when I was like, how did I miss?
Speaker 5: We're fifes late? I wasn't fifteen minutes We'd already started.
Speaker 1: Was not fifteen minutes, Like, there's no way that would be impossible, because then that would mean I would have never been on time. All I did was detour slightly to Hong Kong, and I didn't even that wasn't even on purpose. That's because I thought. I was like, Oh my gosh, I'm gonna be driving right by your house. That's crazy. And then I was like, oh, what's I supposed to turn before your house?
Speaker 5: Okay, But now that you know the excuse, is this a good excuse? Don't don't know?
Speaker 1: Is it don't increase the time? It was not fifteen minutes?
Speaker 5: I mean it wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was like maybe six.
Speaker 5: It started a few minutes late to begin with.
Speaker 1: And then well, I'll check my call log to see when I called Scuba Steve because I called to say I'm here and I don't see y'all.
Speaker 5: That doesn't count when you got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand that.
Speaker 5: I'm not the one. Yeah, I know. Wait, this is me getting into my state here that hunk when.
Speaker 1: It definitely wasn't intentional. It was just like a weird morning.
Speaker 7: And the fact that she went back to honk again.
Speaker 1: I didn't go bad it. I had to because I had to turn around.
Speaker 5: What's the ultimate payoff, Like, let's just remove the late thing because who cares? Who cares?
Speaker 1: Who cares?
Speaker 5: We care?
Speaker 1: I don't like to be late.
Speaker 5: I moved the late thing. What's the what's the greatest possible scenario of her hearing you honk when you drive by, will like, what's the wind there? Nobody, she says, to.
Speaker 1: The point you're thinking, I drove by your house For that, I.
Speaker 5: Did because the map didn't go there.
Speaker 1: I thought it did, but the turn was before, but because I wasn't looking down at.
Speaker 5: A mile before yeah, way before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, So when I was at that I'm not going to say those because I'm not trying to give away where you live. But when I was at a light, that's when I saw I'm going to be driving by your house. So then I just never looked at the map again.
Speaker 5: Well you're on the island the last light. Person's always on the island name Okay, Well it was, this is me letting it go.
Speaker 1: I fully prepared, like to be there on time. So that's why I was ridiculous that I was late in And when I walked up, I was like, he might send me home, like he might, he really might. And then you didn't, and I.
Speaker 5: Was like, maybe he didn't know.
Speaker 1: You didn't know because you go Amy's finally.
Speaker 5: Here, Well why didn't you hawk when you showed up? So we can see if we can hear you. Hey, go go out now and hawk in the parking garage. I said, we hear you now, be cool.
Speaker 3: Stop.
Speaker 1: I just really think I who knew that, like bushes could block a honk because I feel.
Speaker 5: Like okay, so we're done. Everybody good, Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Number two.
Speaker 4: That's it for me this weekend.
Speaker 3: Friends, I'm really happy that you joined to catch up on the show again. Check out part one part through this weekend. Mike d joins me. If you think he's the quiet guy, he's not. Come and listen and you'll find out he has a lot of stories to share and you always get into some fun segments just talking together here in the studio. But also please go subscribe to the Bobby Bone Show YouTube page. We are trying to get into the one thousand up there so Bobby can ring the bell because that's always super fun.
Speaker 4: So go do that at Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 3: And if this is where I leave you, then have a great, safe weekend.
Speaker 4: I'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: That's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms Bobby Bomb Show and follow at Webgirl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.