Speaker 1: Some morning shown better known as the People's Choice, The Sluto on my life skin brothers out there, just hilarious.
Speaker 2: That's what the world I lost.
Speaker 1: Just don't do no what man, Charlemagne, don't you to tell everybody come to the breakfast club. I call this the hot tea Yo breakfast.
Speaker 3: Susan's being America's from four.
Speaker 4: Don't feel like this, Susans.
Speaker 5: I never thought to me every time I go to the revers club, I have no conta be like a pot man.
Speaker 3: I'm getting Good morning Usa yo.
Speaker 6: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 7: Yo yo yo.
Speaker 8: Now just Hilarius is on maternity leavel on the roaster's heir.
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Arn?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 8: Charlemagne is late and guess what day it is?
Speaker 3: Guess what day it is?
Speaker 8: That's right, It's Wednesday, hump day.
Speaker 3: How you feeling on?
Speaker 2: I feel great?
Speaker 3: I'm right. I am tired.
Speaker 5: I went out on school night last night, playing.
Speaker 8: And I am playing. I went to Salut dump a bomb for my assistant.
Speaker 3: Mercedes. Always talking about Mercedes.
Speaker 5: Mercedes is about six foot two, and she runs pretty much all my businesses. So her birthday is this weekend, but of course I have the car show which is this weekend, so we won't be able to celebrate. So they did a little surprise party for her last night at a spot Colar record room.
Speaker 2: Now the record room go up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the record room is in Queens and the DJs are forced to only play records. You can only play records. No laptops, no CDs now, no Sobriado, nothing like that. Have to play records. And it's a vibe. I mean it's nothing, but they played Tuesday was nothing but R and B music and we just vibed out. Man, it was a dope vibe. Drove nime last night and I'm driving home. My wife's with me, My daughter went out, and everybody's sleeping on the way back and I had to drive and I'm sitting there like, whyon't you all driving?
Speaker 3: Let me sleep?
Speaker 5: But yeah, I had a good time last night. Salute to everybody I ran into last night at the record room. We had a great, great, great, great great good on B vibe. If you ever come to New York City, definitely check it out. You've been there before, right, Yeah.
Speaker 9: So I went to the record Room before, but it was you know, it was a it was a turn night. Yeah, it was a lot. I definitely didn't remember seeing DJs with records.
Speaker 8: Now this is record you had to You probably be were so drunk.
Speaker 2: You probably have no idea what I'm trying to tell you.
Speaker 3: That's what's called the record Room.
Speaker 9: I thought it was just like, I don't know, like just the aesthetic. That's why they called it that because it gives like a speak easy like it reminds me of La Like we used to go to a spot in La called the Dime. It kind of reminds me of that because it's very like intimate and very close and like super black, A lot of the creatives go there here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it was very really dope.
Speaker 8: Now Michael Ruben will we joined us this morning.
Speaker 5: He has a fanatic Fest this weekend Friday, August sixteenth through the eighteenth at the Javid Center. Now, Fanatics Fest. There's all these festivals, right, There's music festivals. There's a Complex Con, Comic Con, sneaker Con, all these cons. So this is a playoff for that. So just think about it like this for three whole days. You'll see your favorite athletes, whether it's NBA, Major League Baseball, NFL, signing autographs, playing with kids.
Speaker 3: It's like a huge athletic fest.
Speaker 5: So it's Tom Brady will be there, Eli Manning, your favorite artist to be there too, So it's a dope thing.
Speaker 8: He'll be breaking it down. Why he's doing it because.
Speaker 1: You know he's the owner Fanatics, which is the sports line that you know does hats and.
Speaker 8: T shirts and jerrosys and all that.
Speaker 5: So we'll be talking to Mike Rubin in a little bit, and we also got Front page News. Morgan will be joining us. You'll break down everything political and what's going on in the news.
Speaker 8: So don't go anywhere.
Speaker 5: Let's get the show cracket. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, Charlamage to be here in a second morning everybody's DJ Envy just hilarious, Charlamage, the god we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Now Just is on maternity leave and we have Laura Laroosa fieling.
Speaker 3: That what up, Lauren? Good morning, and let's get in.
Speaker 8: Some front page news.
Speaker 3: What's up Morgan?
Speaker 10: Good morning, v Charlemagne, Lauren, how y'all feeling this morning?
Speaker 3: That's black and Holly favored. What's happening at Morgan?
Speaker 11: Yes, I'm loving the energy.
Speaker 10: So we've been so caught up in the twenty twenty four presidential race, let's try not to forget that we have a current president that's still working for the American people. Many of us know someone impacted by cancer. Right, So President Biden is pledging one hundred and fifty million dollars in new federal grants to fight cancer, adding that cancer surgery is taxing and a challenging procedure. Let's hear more from President Biden, Folks, It's fair to.
Speaker 12: Say one of the most devastating words anyone can hear and is not hyperbolet is cancer. And we'removing quickly because we know all families touched by cancers are on a race against time. It takes the best surgers in the world, and it takes us torn families. It still says it stills time stills away home.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so President excuse me.
Speaker 10: Biden made the comments while speaking from Tulane University in New Orleans, Louisiana, and announced that the funding will help develop new technology to help surgeons remove cancerous tumors. It's the latest infusion of funding for Biden's Cancer Moonshot initiative that aims to reduce US cancer death by fifty percent by the year twenty forty seven. How the White House says the administration has invested more than four hundred million dollars to fast track progress on how to prevent, detect, and treat cancer.
Speaker 3: We're dropping the clues bombs for President Biden.
Speaker 1: Had one of my friend, one of my friends who just finished dealing with a cancer.
Speaker 3: Sent me that yesterday. Actually, yeah, that headline.
Speaker 10: And shout out to all the survivors and you know those who have made that sacrifice or you know those who are heavily impacted by it.
Speaker 11: Meanwhile, we are.
Speaker 10: Asking for policies, and we're going to get the policies. Vice President Kamala Harris plans to unveil her economic policy in Raleigh, North Carolina, on Friday. It will be the first policy centered speech by the Democratic presidential nominees, and she entered the race for the White House after President Biden withdrew Now The Hairs campaign said the Vice president will outline a plan to lower costs for middle class families and take on corporate price couging over the weekend. Harris also said she supports eliminating taxes on tips, which is a position that former President Donald Trump actually initiated, and looking ahead to the future. The Olympic flag is officially in Los Angeles, California, where it will live through the end of the twenty twenty eight Summer Games. Casey Wasserman, the chair of the Los Angeles Olympic Organization Committee, says reality is really reality is starting.
Speaker 11: To set in. Let's hear more from Casey Wasserman.
Speaker 3: I think it's real.
Speaker 13: I mean, I think having the flag going on board with us, knowing that there's no more O.
Speaker 3: Well, Paris is first, it's us and we're next.
Speaker 13: And the days are gonna go quick noping certain ways in LA's gonna be here before we know it.
Speaker 3: The days are not gonna go by quick.
Speaker 1: The days are gonna go by the same way that they've been going by for the last four years.
Speaker 3: And I think that we all need to enjoy the moment. Okay, just excited. Sure A wait, that's all. Yeah, that's a long time. We got a hold.
Speaker 5: It's not even built out. Olympic Village is not built out. It's a long time. Yeah, we just won.
Speaker 3: We just don't give me.
Speaker 1: I'm the type of person that you know, I like to plan five years, ten years ahead.
Speaker 3: But I'm also enjoying the moment.
Speaker 1: Y'all ain't gonna be making me think about twenty twenty eight A long time, right?
Speaker 10: So, LA Mayor and Bass and the contingent of any contingent of the Olympic athletes from Southern California returns to Lax with the flag on Monday afternoon. Also on the plane were members of the US Olympic and Paralympic Committees, executives from LA twenty eight, and elected officials. Bass received the flag from Paris Mayor and Hildago during Sunday night's closing ceremony and just a piece of history. Fun fact, it was the first time in Olympic history the flag has been passed between two female mayors.
Speaker 11: When you think about.
Speaker 2: That, and all right, I started on CNN. I was like, that is so cute.
Speaker 11: That's a shoutout to the ladies. Yeah, hey, remember remember.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty one, God made all of us be still and shit our asses down. We wasn't doubt about twenty twenty four. We were just trying to get out that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, remember what I was thinking exactly the second.
Speaker 5: Year twenty Yeah, yeah, I don't twenty twenty one, Yeah, twenty twenty one, guys, to sit your ass down.
Speaker 1: That was twenty twenty guys, it was twenty twenty, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 10: And in twenty twenty two he said, listen, you might be but to go outside a little bit.
Speaker 9: But I think people are just excited. I know, I was just reading the article. Doctor dre is already talking about like he doesn't want to perform.
Speaker 2: He wants to be in the others.
Speaker 3: The archery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but archery, that's a that's right, he'd be what ninety seven years old.
Speaker 3: Man, he was doing it in his backyard.
Speaker 11: We already know snoop gonna be topped back and he gonna get that bag for.
Speaker 5: That, as he should. An amazing time. He did, an amazing time. I enjoyed that. All right, Well, that is front page News, Morgan. We'll see you next hour.
Speaker 10: Yes, we'll discuss the controversy around Minnesota Governor Tim Wall's military career, and the Pentagon has issued a statement about tensions in the Middle East, So stay tuned.
Speaker 5: All right, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent phone lines to wide open again, eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, hit.
Speaker 3: Us up right now.
Speaker 8: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: For news. If your time to get it off.
Speaker 14: Your chest, whether you're mad or blessed, time to.
Speaker 3: Get up and get something, call up now. Eight hundred five eight five one. We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club. Hello. Who's this yo?
Speaker 4: This is Rob New Orleans.
Speaker 15: Whatever fellas ro Man?
Speaker 3: What's happening?
Speaker 6: What's which?
Speaker 4: Good morning? Good morning, Good morning to Lauren.
Speaker 2: Good morning man.
Speaker 6: I want to talk to y'all brother. Football season coming up. You know y'all the things from y'all schedule this year. So we're gonna push both of y'all lass.
Speaker 3: For this year.
Speaker 1: Dallas Cowboys going to the Super Bowl. Baby, I'm gonna be here.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be at the Dallas games. I'm gonna be here the Dallas game. I can't miss the Times Dame, but I'm gonna be at the Dallas game. So we're going to against that boys, lawd who was the football team?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know football.
Speaker 6: Team wouldna gonna be with me.
Speaker 2: Most people in Delaware be with the Eagles, but I just I'm.
Speaker 6: Not like a we We don't get them to Wenday on the schedule too, So we're going three against.
Speaker 5: We're gonna bust your ass, but we not. I know we're not going to no super Bowl, but that's all right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're not going to either, but we just gonna be.
Speaker 4: We is gonna beat the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: I'm beating the Cowboys except September fifteenth, one pm, Dallas Cowboys Stadium, Baby at and T Stadium.
Speaker 3: You're not beating us in Dallas, baby.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, I will be there.
Speaker 3: I will be there, yes, sir. All right, brother, let me get me, let me get me a hat I gotta.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna send you a copy of my new book, Getting Honest to Die line why small talk sucks Beta work hold on right because the books ahead. I don't I don't know where the hats at. We got the hatch are on black effect dot com, though, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Where they at.
Speaker 1: I don't know where they can order them, but I don't know exactly where they act to put my hands and I can put my hands on the book.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? What this cossion from? Be sure? Good morning, Cassan? What up? What up? Good morning? Sharp peans King? How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, You're doing good.
Speaker 3: I'm blessed black and Holly favored my brother.
Speaker 4: All right, where Lauren at? I'm right to me, Lauren, good morning. I was calling.
Speaker 15: I had the call to tell you that I love you. My vote was used to be on the Breakfast Club. I've just got it in that tool. But I love how informed you are, how you always own it or love you on the club.
Speaker 9: Thank you. Well, all four of us together are going to be a ynamic. What is that.
Speaker 3: Quad? Something? I don't want to know.
Speaker 4: I just made that.
Speaker 3: I like that though. Quadrille, quadrille.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be all four of us.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 15: Also, I wanted to say happy third birthday to my next birthday and on the nineteen, happy.
Speaker 3: Birthday to him.
Speaker 1: All right, brood you too, get.
Speaker 5: It off your chest eight undrink five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, phone lines wide open, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Eight hundred and five eighty five one O five one. We want to hear from you on the breakfast club.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 4: Who's this YOA oh z Karrhard from Messis, Tennessee. He's back, hempy my doll man. Good to hear from your.
Speaker 3: Birth Oh my bro.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm calling it. That's a black bottle from missus from Tennessee to lect you no red stop tap dancing with these and sellect the the the bisy women swimming. Man, I'm gonna have to put some respect on that man name. This is not this his second time coming up there, and y'all disrespecting brother, Just gotta stop.
Speaker 1: Gotta stop the third time we disrespect them when we ain't salomone.
Speaker 4: You be tap dancing, like, come on, man, you gotta cut that stuff out, bru if you want come alla playroll or something. Cut it out, brod like the cornery you be doing. You gotta stop. And I thought you was my old t.
Speaker 1: I thought hold on, so you calling up here yelling and screaming at me about maga.
Speaker 3: But I'm the one tap dancing dog?
Speaker 4: What what's mom for making America great again?
Speaker 3: Hey? When listen? Listen listen? When when has America ever been great for your black ass.
Speaker 4: It's been great for me. In twenty sixteen when I made a hundred thousand dollars when Donald Pump became an office and I wasn't listening to the media tell me that, oh this is somebody to hate. Jez He said to himself, I'm Dona sump in the white teeth and white Wallace. The conversation is money to won't.
Speaker 3: So he said, we're not gonna act like that.
Speaker 4: He said, y'all like, no, what what just act like we're gonna hate him. Come on, he's member identified as black.
Speaker 3: You need to come.
Speaker 4: She had one video he saxt he's black, ye black woman.
Speaker 1: We're talking about talking about everybody about everybody called him down.
Speaker 3: Kind heart.
Speaker 1: Everybody calm down, is kind heart? If kind you're not.
Speaker 4: Gonna call me, I'm one of your students, my boy, You're.
Speaker 1: Not gonna call him here yelling and screaming at me about these white racist supremacist crackers and call and tell me you cann't wait to.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 4: I was acting with business Wama swamans. It's just it ain't to be respected like black and serving.
Speaker 1: The podcast Black Skin heard you have a good one. You're I'm gonna be in Memphis with key life for the car, so you got family to bring the kids out to the cart every I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to come to you and I'm gonna show you some.
Speaker 7: Love, my dog.
Speaker 3: I argueing about politics with you there?
Speaker 4: Where are you gonna argue policies like we're here to show you love. No, I'm gonna get you barbecue when you a bottle, bro, I'm gonna show love.
Speaker 3: Thank you, bro. See you then I do? I do? Mother? Why why why?
Speaker 1: He feels like if I'm talking in support of one candidate, I'm tap dancing, but when he talks in support of a candidate, it's okay.
Speaker 3: That don't make no sense to you. Why are you trying? Why are you trying to argue with.
Speaker 2: Because I'm just drayed like it because you're black? But he damned sureless.
Speaker 3: Yes, O g cond hart alone and listen.
Speaker 1: Kamala does have policies that I like. I like that she wants to rebuild the middle class. I like that she wants, you know, everybody to have the opportunity to own a business. I like that she wants everybody to have the opportunity to own a house. I like that she wants to put more money in working class people pockets. And by the way, those have been her policies and her her ideas since twenty twenty when I was on the campaign trail with her back then, I.
Speaker 9: Like, you know, anytime you get like anywhere near politics, people just start picking so much apart.
Speaker 2: I couldn't be apart like that. It's too much to be.
Speaker 3: Able to hear both sides. You gotta be able to listen to both sides.
Speaker 5: And what we always say is you you you vote your interest, you vote what resonates both sides.
Speaker 1: Big had a great conversation with a great conversation to Hello, who's.
Speaker 3: This, Good morning family, y'all doing, what's up? Terrence? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 4: I was calling again Drake.
Speaker 3: Donk the other day. What to Drake?
Speaker 4: I'm giving Drake dunk the other day?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, what's up? But this ain't dark he today, this is get it off your chest?
Speaker 3: Different?
Speaker 16: Okay, Well, well Drake, honestly, then you come on with new music.
Speaker 3: He did come out here, he didn't get on. Okay.
Speaker 4: The thing that the part ofm I gut is and will pop you got to get your get back first. Here over your stand.
Speaker 3: For it's over. My brother's over.
Speaker 8: That's right, that the battle is done.
Speaker 4: Okay, left it alone.
Speaker 3: Now he had no choice. He lost that fans.
Speaker 1: Oh you man have been label with having man Jina, So I'm gonna leave that alone.
Speaker 3: Goodbye, Terrence. Jesus he did say, man, Johanna.
Speaker 5: Get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Now we got Jesse with the Messa. Laura Loossa coming up what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do.
Speaker 9: Ka Lani has filed for follow some documents to get a protective order against.
Speaker 2: Her child's father. So we are going to get into all of that back and forth.
Speaker 5: All right, we'll get into that when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Warning, everybody is j Envyese lay charlamage to God.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Laura Lerossa is feeling in wild, just as on maternity leaves drop on the.
Speaker 1: Clues bombs with big glow. Dammit, I love Gloria. That's my spirit animal her and Ray Gunn. The girl was break dancing in the Olympic.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: That's what my spirit animal, ray Gone Yes because ray Gon be moving to the beat of her own drum man. I saw a video of her dancing in the street that I just posted on my Instagram.
Speaker 3: I really enjoyed that video.
Speaker 1: I enjoyed that video her dancing in the screen more than her dancing at the Olympics. Okay, I like people that don't give a damn. Just show your stupid ass, just though you don't even care. You got here playing, playing all the time, playing in the Olympics, playing in the screen. You just like to play.
Speaker 8: All right, Well, let's get to jess with the mess with law Luossa, Laurens.
Speaker 17: Jessica, Robbin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 3: Why jess worldwide mess on the breakfast clubs, the coaches ships with Lauren Lauren Lorosa. I'm and I got the mess.
Speaker 4: Talk to me.
Speaker 2: So some more relationship drama to kick it off today. And just with the mess.
Speaker 9: Kaylani is going through it with her child's father. His name is Javaon and she just was awarded a court order protection from him. And this court order protection makes it where he cannot go within one hundred yards of her or their daughter, nor can be in contact with her. Kaylanie also, because of this court order, was granted full custody of their daughter at least until they go to court.
Speaker 2: So some background.
Speaker 9: When Kaylanne filed this, she alleged that the child's father flew into like this rage after she came to him asking him about a document that she got in the mail that said that he had applied for public assistance. She claims that he was living with her, like in her back house, and all he would do all day is like smoke weed, douche rooms, and it kept the back house dirty. She says that like the baby girl would go over in the back house with him sometimes and when she would come back over to Kaylanie's house, the baby girl would smell like a ton of weed. She says that he gets hied sometimes it had goals on these like off the wall religious rants. She also alleges that he picks up their daughter sometimes from school and then won't communicate, like where they're going after so Kaylanie sometimes doesn't even know where he is with their daughter. She says that he's disturbing her peace of mind a lot here Now, Javon got online and he made claims and posted text messages that are allegedly between him and Kaylannie, And then there's another text between him and kay Lannie's ex daddy, Javan is the baby daddy.
Speaker 2: So basically, you got something on your lip, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 18: So so so.
Speaker 9: In the first group of text messages with javon the baby daddy, and Kaylannie, they're having a conversation about this time when whoever, because Kaylanie is saying that when he got upset about her asking about the public assistance, he like busts through her door and like, you know, made this whole scene. He's basically what continue, Okay, He's saying that that is not what happened. He's alleging that Kaylani was the one who birged, barged through a door and that's how all of that stuff happened. He's also claiming that he was early on saying that there needed to be a third party in between them for communicy, saying that you know, she just makes things really difficult when it comes to their child. He also said that he wanted to set up a third part of communication when it came to like the babies scheduling activity scheduling activities school.
Speaker 2: He basically just didn't want to be in.
Speaker 9: Contact with Kayline and because he felt like she had a tendency of like lying on him and just alleging different things. And then he posted these conversations between him and who was supposed to be her ex, and he's saying that she alleges rape and she alleges abuse anytime she's upset about something.
Speaker 3: So they definitely need a third party. They definitely need a mediator.
Speaker 1: They need somebody else there, you know, I guess not to corroborate the stories, but just to make sure none of that type of stuff flies. But and by the way, both of them should want that, both of them should want the mediator, But it sounds.
Speaker 3: Like they can't. They're not capable of dealing with each other right on one.
Speaker 8: But they moved them out of the back house though, right so they don't see each other anymore like that, or I.
Speaker 9: Mean, I'm assuming so because he has to be one hundred yards away from her.
Speaker 3: We don't know how far the back house is from the house.
Speaker 9: I'm assuming that he's not in that back house anymore. I'm just talking, yeah, because she said that like in the filing. She put in the filing that like she had blocked him some time ago and like all that stuff, So it makes it seem like there had already been some separation, but she did all of this because from how kay Lonnie feels, it seems like she's a worried that he just goes off the rails. But he's saying that she has a tendency to like lie and make accusations when she has nothing else to do. So and then Kaylannie came online not too long ago, a few hours ago, and she posted in response she said, I did not make a statement, nor did I go to TMZ about my business because TMZ originally reported this story. Now they originally reported this from docs that were filed.
Speaker 1: So she's claiming that all I got out of everything you just said that they definitely need some type of mediator. They are clearly not able to just co parent just with just each other, and it's all about the child at the end of the day, so they need a mediator.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and the baby's five, so the baby's so like, it's definitely time for our mediator. But it's just so insane to me because I remember when like Kaylanie first got pregnant and there was like the conversation around him. I thought that this was going to be a cool situation for her because it seemed like they were just kind of like two friends who decided to like be together and have a kid, like, and now all of this is happening. So they definitely not friends right now. So that's a little I don't know, but I hope they figured it out. Moving on, Prize has dropped a dish track to.
Speaker 2: The legend Lauren Hill. This is a legend too though. It's called bar mitzvah Man.
Speaker 1: I know, studios hate to see Prize coming without the foodies. Like, if you're gonna do a record that, you know, I'm gonna end up all over the blogs because you threw a shot at Lauren.
Speaker 3: At least make it good, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that wasn't it at all.
Speaker 3: At least make it good.
Speaker 2: That wasn't it at all.
Speaker 3: But I would be hard though the classic record, All right.
Speaker 2: Well, let me get on.
Speaker 3: It's called bar mitzvah A need to be close.
Speaker 9: He had this, I mean, so the one bar wha, the one bar don't blame Okay, I mean, it's not like it's don't blame me, blame her.
Speaker 2: She made the mess. Another penny is what I told why cleft.
Speaker 1: I'm not spending another f penny. That's why I told why Cleah, I'm not mad at that.
Speaker 3: Ain't that bad? Well? No, tired of Lauren messing the money up? Yes, that's what that is. That's what it is.
Speaker 9: So basically, you guys know that their eighteen city tour was recently canceled. Lauren Hill came out and said because when it was canceled, everybody was like, well, shoot, she don't show up, she's late, blah blah blah, So it makes sense that it was canceled in North America. So then Lauren Hill came out and she said it was canceled because the media sensationalizest things about her that are not true and that has negatively affected how like the fans are looking at her in certains.
Speaker 1: It's not true, Lauren, that you show up the shows late all the time, and you've been doing that for twenty plus years. Like, I don't know how, I don't know how Lauren Hill still has the consumer trust that she has, meaning I don't know why people still buy tickets to the shows.
Speaker 3: When they go on.
Speaker 5: See she's still a legend, she's still an icon. People still want to see. You still got to respect your audience. I agree, that's on the profession. That's the reason why people still go out and see.
Speaker 1: It because regardless thea y'all hanging, she do well, she wors she worse than a black father. But but that's not true. That stereotype. Damn, you're black father I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Turns you up here dancing for the people. Now, you just degrading your black men.
Speaker 1: You know what bothers me the most out of that whole that probably this therapist therapy is great.
Speaker 3: We all need to head doctor.
Speaker 2: And wait, can I go back?
Speaker 3: Also, I'll be talking to y'all niggas like this, y'all. Booth said that in Unison like doctor. That was.
Speaker 9: As we wrapped Kaylani. I want to update, Kaylanie did kick out the baby daddy boyfriend. He did get kicked out of the house. You asked me what she's still living in the back house. He is not back in the back house anymore. Are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 3: Just having fun? Going on? Spoiler?
Speaker 9: I gotta complete I gotta complete my story. Fun and also to it was childish, very.
Speaker 3: Childish, Debbie having some fun. Guys, say what day? You know what I mean? Colomba get kicking out the shout out.
Speaker 9: To the journalist, shout out to the journalist world. Why who know how to complete a story?
Speaker 5: When we come back, we got front page news and then Michael Wr're going to be joining us as the breakfast club.
Speaker 1: Good morning, you're checking out the breakfast clubs.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarious, Charlamagne, the gud.
Speaker 3: We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Now just is on maternity leave, so we have Laura LaRosa filling in and let's get in some front page news.
Speaker 2: It was hey, y'all, Hey, good to be back.
Speaker 10: So Democratic vice presidential nominee Tim Walls says he's proud of his military career, his record.
Speaker 11: Let's salute Tim Walls for his service.
Speaker 10: He addressed the recent questions about his military career from the Trump campaign while in Los Angeles, California, on Tuesday.
Speaker 11: Let's hear more from Minnesota Governor Tim Walls.
Speaker 18: I signed up for the Army National Guard two days after my seventeenth birthday.
Speaker 3: I served for the next twenty or four years for the same reason. All my brothers and sisters in uniform do we love this country. And I firmly believe you should never detegrate another person's service record, anyone brave enough to put on that uniform for our great country, including my opponent. I just have a few simple words, thank you for your service and sacrifice.
Speaker 1: You know, I have no problem with people questioning ten Wall's military record if they feel like, you know, he said something sketchy. But the problem I have with this discussion is Tien Walls brought up his military record to simply say, weapons of war are weapons I used in war, shouldn't be in the hands of civilians?
Speaker 3: Correct? How did we let them deflect.
Speaker 1: And distract from that point the actual conversation that we should be having about, you know, weapons of war should not be in the hands of civilians. How do we let them deflect from that to turn into people questioning Tim Walls's military records?
Speaker 2: The Real Housewives Effect controversy sales.
Speaker 5: I don't understand, but I agree with one thousand percent. I don't feel like civilians should be carrying weapons that should be.
Speaker 3: Used at war. There's no reason for the Even if you're using.
Speaker 1: It for for hunting, you're not shooting a deer one hundred and ten times or a bear one hundred and ten times.
Speaker 3: You don't need those type of weapons in my opinion. And this is where Republicans win.
Speaker 1: This is where the Donald Trump's and the JD Vans and all of them win, because they get you talking about what they want to talk about as opposed to whatever issue you're bringing up. Right, Tim Walls brings up weapons of war and how people shooting that weapons of war in the street, and all of a sudden, it's like you didn't carry no weapons of war. You lied about your record, and now we've been talking about this for the whole week.
Speaker 10: Well why Republican Vice Presidents with candidate jad Vance has suggested that Walls inflated his credentials and that he abandoned his unit ahead of his deployment to Iraq avoiding serving in a war zone or to avoid serving in a war zone. The Hairs campaign changed Wall's bio, which discussed his military rank after the questions first arose. Now, Walls served in the Army National Guard and left service to run for Congress in May of two thousand and five. Meanwhile, the US is preparing for a potential Iranian attack on Israel. Pentagon Press Secretary Major General pat Ryder told reporters the US is focused on de escalator the situation in the Middle East.
Speaker 11: Let's hear more from the Pentagon Press secretary.
Speaker 13: During a phone call on Sunday to Israeli Defense Minister Yov Galant, the Secretary reiterated the United States's commitment to take every possible step to defend Israel. Secretary Austin ordered the USS Abraham Lincoln Carrier Strike Group, equipped with F thirty five C fighters, to accelerate its transit to the Central Command Area of responsibility, adding to the capabilities already provided by the USS Theodore Roosevelt Carrier Strike Group. These US military force posture adjustments are designed to improve US force protection, to increase our support for the defense of Israel, and to ensure the United States is prepared to respond to a wide variety of contingencies.
Speaker 10: Yeah So, as miss mentioned, the Guided Missile, Submarine and Aircraft Carrier Strike Group have been deployed to the region as Israel brass for retaliatory attacks from Iran and its proxies following the assassination of senior members of Hamas and Hezbola. The Biden administration said in its could come as soon as this week. This comes at the same time Secretary of State Anthony B. Lincoln is approving almost twenty billion dollars of a weapons sale to Israel.
Speaker 11: The deal will include F fifteen fighter.
Speaker 10: Jets, air to air missiles, tactile vehicles, and other explosives. A press release from the State Department said the US is committed to the security of Israel, adding that it is vital to US national interests to assist Israel to develop and maintain strong and ready self defense capability.
Speaker 3: Now, hold on, is it aid Morgan or did I would they sold twenty billion.
Speaker 10: Dollars the one twenty billion, twenty billion dollar weapons sale to Israel?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Where does that money go? When America sells twenty billion dollars in weapons to Israel? Where does the money go? Whose pockets is that money going? And what y'all need my tax dollars for? If y'all making that kind of money?
Speaker 3: If they make that much money, do do do we tax them?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: Is what I want to know. If you do, you have to tax that twenty billion dollars.
Speaker 2: They don't wait, they gotta pay tax.
Speaker 8: So just made twenty billion.
Speaker 9: But if they pay taxes too, there are the government. So is it like they're paying taxes to their homie?
Speaker 1: Once again, what do they need all tax dollars for? If they making that kind of money? I know, ain't nobody taxing them. That's twenty billion dollars free cash free.
Speaker 8: Because they're gonna take at least forty percent of that.
Speaker 1: Ain't no fight, cup, Yeah, ain't no fighter taking no money out of that twenty billion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's say eight nine billion in tax. Now we need our tax money.
Speaker 1: I really want to know where the money go go. I don't know, I really do. I want to know where that money goes. Like when they make a sale like that, where does that money go to? That's why we want to know.
Speaker 10: I'm gonna find I'm gonna find that one out for you. It's the sign of the times and in other noons news and incorporating the signs of the time. Did you guys know that Chuck E Cheese is launching membership deals?
Speaker 3: We got membership playing? Nah, Chuck, Chuck, We ain't got time for that.
Speaker 2: I thought they was going on a business.
Speaker 10: Family entertainment chain will offer unlimited visits for a monthly fee. He getting at eight dollars for the Bronze package and thirty dollars for the Gold Package. The passes include a specified number of games per visit and discounts on food and drinks depending on what membership tier or package you get. They can be used at over four hundred seventy participating in locations in the US.
Speaker 3: Chuckie Chess got a rebrand.
Speaker 5: No, it's not popping anymore like that with when my when my oldest ones were younger, they would like Chucky Cheese, Chucky Cheese, my new my new young one.
Speaker 10: I don't like as long as you don't bring those animatronics like we get on those Chunk.
Speaker 3: Cheese still popping.
Speaker 1: The problem with chuck Cheese is like just an occasional thing, like you go on occasion, you're go into the kid's birthday or something like that.
Speaker 3: Like I don't want.
Speaker 2: Taking over the urban air and all of them have taken over that.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what.
Speaker 2: Kids don't want to go to Chucky Cheese every weekend.
Speaker 3: They're going to Chuck Cheese all the other things they not.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it makes sense because if you're doing the membership, I'm sure you're saving money by buying the membership. So then they're bringing the kids there more. And then because they're trying to get back in front of like the urban airs and all that they.
Speaker 3: Need might need to ask me. They might need to add like a little jumpy.
Speaker 11: More interactive games.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they telling them video games. Yeah, they need more interactive stuff.
Speaker 3: Make it like that movie.
Speaker 1: What's that movie with that hard film that was based off Chucky Cheese, You know what I'm talking about. No, they need to do something like that, like maybe turning Chunky Cheese into like a haunted.
Speaker 3: House and scare all the kids. Kids don't want to go to the house. A little animal.
Speaker 1: Story, robots and stuff they got in there, Like just make it like a fun haunted house type of thing. Five Nights at Freddy's, that's the name of the movie.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. Five Knights at Freddy's.
Speaker 1: Five Nights at freddy is a hard movie that came out a couple of years ago, and it basically was a horror movie, but it was Chuck E Cheese, Like make Chuck e Cheese. The actual five Nights at Freddy place like a haunted establishment. So people will go in there and like it'll be like, what's some houses you try to get out of them? Scared house, the houses, escape rooms.
Speaker 3: Yes, make it something like that.
Speaker 5: But skate rooms are more for teenagers, not for kids. You do some scary stuff. My three year old ain't going back to chuck e cheese.
Speaker 9: They don't have the animals and stuff like that. No more right because of animatronics.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 2: Pretty scary like you didn't have to make you doubt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe maybe you catered towards a little bit more of young adults and make it more interact.
Speaker 1: You make it if you make it like a five nights at Freddy themed horror, haunted.
Speaker 2: There rocking their hips.
Speaker 11: I definitely like the the idea of an adult arcade for sure.
Speaker 9: Yeah that's do y'all know what Kahunaville is now? That was a Delaware thing, Okay, Norman, All.
Speaker 10: Right, Well that's your front face news. You can follow me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage. Be sure you're locked into the Black Information Network at bi nnews dot com.
Speaker 3: Talk to y'all later, all right, now.
Speaker 5: When we come back, Michael Rubin and be joining us. Fanatic Fest is this weekend and we'll talking about all thats don't move.
Speaker 3: It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. Jess Hilaris is on maternity leave, so we got Laura Larrosso fillingan and we got a special guest in the building, guy the founder and CEO of Fanatics, and he is doing a fanatic Fest at the Jacob Javid Center this weekend Saturday and Sunday. Your favorite athletes, artists, celebrities will be in the building. You can get things autographed. They will be selling merch and it's perfect because I'm doing my call show this weekend, so there's a lot of things to do. They can go to your my call show, your fanatic fests. But ladies and gentlemen, Michael Rubin welcome, Glad to be here. I always love being here, feeling great.
Speaker 1: If you're saying you did not sound like that that you're announcer voice, glad to be here.
Speaker 3: Ready, let's go man. You said I forgot something, did.
Speaker 18: I forget it's actually Friday Saturday and summer Friday Saturday and Sun. What do you is the car show big on Fridays.
Speaker 3: It's just Saturday. My car is just Saturday.
Speaker 18: Okay, I thought you just I thought you were trying to get toe off competition.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no, Friday Saturday.
Speaker 18: Now we're pubbed for this week. And this is really exciting, you know, for me, New York's my favorite city in the world to kind of do something that's never been done. There's really not a sports festival anywhere in the world, and you have this. When we think about this, you have so many other festivals. You have Comic com which takes over in New York City gets a quarter of a million people. Sure, You've got Complex Com, which I'm going to go to in November. And Vegas. You've got you know, all the music festivals. You've got south By Southwest, and I don't know why no one's ever done this. In sports, you've got the trading card shows, which they have a thousand of in the country. But I went to a trading car show. There's a big trading card show called the National, which gets one hundred and fifty thousand people.
Speaker 3: Is that the one Atlantic city.
Speaker 18: It wasn't only I City a couple of years ago. It was in Cleveland a few weeks ago. So change the cities each year, and you walk in there, You're like, this is nuts. There's one hundred and fifty thousand people. But it looks like when I went to high school. So it hasn't changed since like the nineties. And so I basically went to comic kind of New York City and said, we got to do the same we got to do the same thing for sports.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be our first time doing it. Javits.
Speaker 18: This weekend, we're gonna have like two hundred of the best athletes, celebrities, artists coming through. All the leagues are coming. I mean, you got Tom Brazy befoming football is to kids for an hour on Friday, kadan Ant with their Olympic medals coming in Saturday. They're gonna be playing basketball with kids, football with kids. You've got I actually last night said this is nuts. I actually have a bunch of NBA players call me and said, hey, can I play basketball? Can I play football with kids? Like normally you're trying to get people to come do these things, and we got the best streamers in the world coming, and we've got so many the big stre We've got Gadien, Ross, Common, Druski come in Sketch coming. We're gonna announce a few really big additional streamers that are coming. So like, to me, just to bring everyone everyone together is.
Speaker 3: Awesome exactly though, Like what is it.
Speaker 18: It's just a giant sports festival.
Speaker 3: Okay, celebrating sports. Yeah, it's just it's for me.
Speaker 18: It's like, what would you want every sports fan to dream of doing if they could just not be an actual sports event and come. So you've got like NFL will be there, and you can, you know, see all the Super Bowl rings since they had all the Lombardi trophies.
Speaker 3: I see Tom Brady, Eli and Peyton is vent true? Yeah? Wow?
Speaker 18: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: How would that work?
Speaker 5: Because IVE seen him sign an autograph, so you can buy an autograph signed jersey there, Oh, they just win jerseys.
Speaker 18: So I think for Eli and Peyton you can sign up to either get your picture with them and you can pay to get your picture with them or an autograph. Tom's just coming and Tom's gonna be interviewed by Steven A. Smith on the main stage. Then he's gonna be doing football with kids. He'll be I think he actually wants to walk around and look at trading cards because he's will into into trading cards. So he'll be there all day Friday. I'm sure you guys know we're popping up the forty forty. I expect to see you guys there this weekend. Jay's gonna be hosting it all weekend, which is gonna be nuts. And you know, Jay called me, It's like, look, I love forty forty. I want to do something special. You know, why don't we set this up for people that are reporting to him, people, you know, the athletes and celebrities that are coming through to support us, our most important gamblers. I think you guys know Jay and Dez on part of our gambling business, and so you know, it's kind of you think about having like Jay Z hosting forty forty, Travis Scott, Quavo, a bunch of other artists that you guys you know, all spent a lot of time with, but then having you know, guys like Brady and Peyton and Elion, lots of the football players, having k d and and and Ai and Julius are a.
Speaker 3: Real Yeah, he's coming.
Speaker 8: Mike Tyson, Yeah, and Jake Paul they're doing that.
Speaker 18: I can't wait for that. I was just with Jake at the Olympics. I could tell you if you look like he looked at the Olympics walking.
Speaker 3: Out of the bar.
Speaker 18: We walked out at five am in the morning.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know.
Speaker 18: I could be worried for him, but I mean I called to make fun of him. Yes, I said, you know that that did not look good.
Speaker 15: Oh.
Speaker 9: I thought you're gonna say he got mikes. No, no, no, that's I said, don't say.
Speaker 3: I know when I was no, no, he walked out.
Speaker 18: There was very funny videos of him online stumbling out of faking. Yeah, no, no, no, he wasn't faking.
Speaker 1: He wasn't He definitely wasn't faking. He's a sloppy drunk got you. Oh he's gonna get knocked out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well no, I don't. I don't think. I just I think he's not drinking before his fight.
Speaker 18: Yeah's gonna be there, by the way, Cody Road is going to be there. Ray Mysterio is going to be there. I've got a couple of the arts like Yo, Ray mysterious. We love Ray Mysterious. So like you know, it's a we have twenty five wrestlers coming, we got the UFC champ coming, you know that, Alex Preira, that there's Holly Holmes coming. I mean it's in every sport. We've got great people coming. But then the league activations are also amazing, like just you know, you know, NBA set up there to have different skills competitions, and I've always got skills competitions hockey soccer. I think, by the way, punching, how hard can you punch the UFC bag?
Speaker 3: How can you slap?
Speaker 18: So it's it's gonna be everything.
Speaker 3: Thank you to Fanatics too.
Speaker 1: You know, I do my back to school drive in my hometown amongst corner every weekend. I don't even know if you've noticed, but Fanatics donated a bunch of backpacks.
Speaker 3: I didn't know that.
Speaker 18: But whatever you guys need, were always there for you because you guys are great friends of families so well, and.
Speaker 1: They've did it specific to like Carolina teams, so like the game Cocks and the Hornets, and yeah, so thank you.
Speaker 3: I love that absolutely, I love that. Yeah. Now, how does this difference from the White Party, Michael Rum. So look is invited to this everything.
Speaker 18: You guys are generally invited to everything. The one thing I'll say is like Fanatics Fest, it's is how do you create this incredible sports gathering and you don't have that other than actual games. I think there's so many things that you can do at a super Bowl or a MLB All Star Game or an NB All Star Game for that each sport, but no one brings it all together. And then generally it's pretty hard to get the athletes, the artists, the players to come through and really support. So we try to do a bunch of special things, like you know, Travis Scott's launching cactus Jack exclusive trading cards at fanatics Fest on Saturday. Those are going to be and those cards people are going crazy for those cards. I've never had more people hit me up and say, Yo, how do I get those cactus Jack m will be trading cards that you're launching at fanatics Fest. So there's a lot of exclusive products as well. So it's really trying to just create lots of things for everybody. Like one of the cool things when I went to this the show that used to be in Atlantic City was an Atlantic city that was in Cleveland a few weeks ago. I saw two guys in full Oakland A's uniforms and I called my guys something like, yo, everyone dresses for Comic Con. How do we get everyone to addressed for Fanatics Fest? And so literally I just went out and said, look, anyone who comes in a full team uniform or a super fan uniform, we're gonna take the best dressed person each hour on the hour and bring them back to meet one of their you know, Trulli.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 18: So someone comes into Tom Brady outfit and they've got the you know, the helmet in the jersey and the pants and fake pants and everything. Where they come in a crazy Patriots, we may bring them back to meet Tommy. Someone comes in Peyton manning out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so what ten people do that?
Speaker 18: I pick the best dressed each hour, So we're gonna do It's it's basically twenty five thirty people for the weekend, and we got two hundred athletes there, so it can be easy for us to And by the way, if we see crazy stuff, maybe we do more than one an hour.
Speaker 3: Just like creating those experience.
Speaker 18: Think about if you're a diehard Julie Serving fan and you just Julie served as the press she looked up to. You come in to full Julie Serving outfit and we're bringing back to meet doctor j I mean, how cool is that?
Speaker 3: Are all?
Speaker 18: He's playing basketball kids on Sunday. So we want to make sure we just create incredible experiences that nobody else.
Speaker 3: There's a sports combine. Yeah, well, I mean with me, well.
Speaker 18: Because you've got each league is there. So you've got the NFL, the NBA, NHL, M os WWE, UFC, M will be all there with activation, so you really be like, like, I know, a lot of the streamers are coming through and I people tell you that right now that who's gonna beat who are in different competitions right now. I got money on Quavo as a now that he's a streamer, I got money. He's very athletic, he's he wins a lot of athletic competitions. I told Aiden Ross is gonna take a lot of abuse from a lot of people this weekend when he told me he was gonna come and show up strong in sports. So it's gonna be fun to see who shows strong and who's who has my athletics.
Speaker 3: It was not a real combine like people people gonna be doing outstareing. No, but people a gonna be doing.
Speaker 18: The four your dad like, I mean, you know you have old slow guys like me, and then you're gonna have super fast you know streamers that are tearing it up in the So there's been a lot of competitions there.
Speaker 5: We got more with Michael Ruber when we come back, don't move. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning Morning. Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Larry Chela mean the guy. We are to Breakfast Club now. Jess as o maternity leave, Laura la Rosa is filling in, and we're still kicking it with Michael Ruby Lauren.
Speaker 2: How long is the fest because I know the White Party is thirteen hours.
Speaker 18: So I specialize along of it. Yeah, the White Party is a test of seeing what you're made of.
Speaker 2: And I'll tell you we drank the full third people drink the full thirteen hours definitely.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 18: So the White Party starts at five pm and it ended at six am this year, and there were probably three hundred people when it ended, and there's only there was less than four hundred people the total party so that when you have CEOs of some of the best consumer companies together with you know, best artists, best athletes, together with just iconic business people. Like, a lot of things come from that. We've also made created a lot of relationships out of there, to a lot of marriage his relationships.
Speaker 3: I heard sure with Donovan Mitchell and Coco Jones. Don't I know?
Speaker 18: I know, I know Mobamba met his I think now wife there. Yes, I read the rumors of what I see out there, people who met at the right place.
Speaker 3: So I love that.
Speaker 18: But do you even more of the business relationships that come out of there? And and to me, there's so many great relationships that have started and created there, And that to me is like the test of are we doing well? We're helping people get to know each other? Are great business outcomes coming for them? And I love doing that.
Speaker 4: You see that.
Speaker 18: Look, you guys have all been to my Super Bowl party. You see that there were a lot of you know, great business opportunities come from that as well, do.
Speaker 9: You because the business relationships come out of it as good vibes. But like when you see stuff online like Drake was there this year and everybody was like, oh they weren't allowed to play, not like us, like does that stuff bother you?
Speaker 2: And was that even true?
Speaker 3: It was true?
Speaker 18: And and and look for me, look, I'm always you know, I just don't think, you know, Drake's my friend for a long time. I'm not going to invite him and then have you know, you know he's look, he's obviously going through he's going throw a little bit of battle right now.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to have him come there and and and be in battle more battle.
Speaker 3: It was appropriate.
Speaker 18: So I just sid a notice, said hey, let's not play you know, anyone's music. This feudy when anyone's there. I mean, look, you got but that was a you decision. It wasn't like Drake was like no play was decisions.
Speaker 3: That was the appropriate thing.
Speaker 18: I will I will tell you the day before we had a small barbecue for a few hours that was supposed to be thirty people, turned into two hundred people and went for about ten hours. The night before that was the free games to the to the white party, and they turned the music on just like in my house, like it was. They put wrap caviar and not like us came on. It was like in the middle of not like us, I'm like, get that off.
Speaker 2: Drake was there, he was pulling up super Yeah.
Speaker 3: It wasn't throw me under the bus like that.
Speaker 5: Did you see the memes of your pictures with Drake and you and Drake and everybody's like, Drake looks so sad.
Speaker 18: He had a by the way, he had a great time. Look you guys, if there's one thing somebody just said something to me on social media, you gotta be built for social media.
Speaker 3: You gotta be tough.
Speaker 18: Ye, one of these people don't understand about my personal I actually liked the abuse. I actually like it doesn't bother me at all. Drake is an iconic artist that we all have tremendous respect for. You know, obviously you can't what I said to Drake, and I really believe this is this is a great test for him, Like you can't get to where he's got to not have people coming for you. I know, you know, I sleep with one eye open.
Speaker 3: I know right now.
Speaker 18: You know we're in three businesses. People coming for me in every business every day, and that's part of you know, with success comes you know, more competition, more hatred, and you know, the best people show why they're the best, and if you're not the best, to crack and you fall apart. So I think this is a great test for him. I think you know, he's gonna come out with, you know, lots of incredible music, and I think people right, I think people are gonna say, that's why Drake is Drake. So I like that test for him.
Speaker 1: I think social media bothers you a little bit because one thing I did notice from the White party, I didn't see any hugs.
Speaker 3: There was no hugs from the best.
Speaker 18: No one was a bigger hugger than me. I will say, I pay attention to everything, and I decided people right or wrong. I think that was pathetic. I think it was a joke on how to attack a little baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, by the way, you.
Speaker 18: Know, I hate when watching a black person trying to take a black person down. That's baby is one of the best human beings in the planet. There's not a person who will always do more for his community, who's a great human being who works his ass off. And here's what happened with baby. Baby did great and then people came for him. Okay, the one thing I'd say, when you're doing great, people try to test you and I think that's a great you know, I think that's a great character test. And I think Baby showed why he's him. Drake's in the show why he's him. And you know, for me, last year is probably the first time people ever came to me. I've generally been you know, I think people showed me a lot of love and support. And you know, last year I realized, you know, Finnax got a little big, or I became a little more well known, and so hey, it's you know, it's easy to try to pick up me for things. So yes, I am a little more careful now.
Speaker 3: To say anthing with Meek. When they keep bringing up the Bunny happening, they said, you made him lose money.
Speaker 18: So, by the way, let's talk about that. There's nobody who's been more tortured this year than me. Talk about the Diddy thing. Now, I know really, really well. And I've never been to a Diddy party. He's never been one of my parties in my life. But I want to get this out there. Okay, Meek, I know that guy really really well. Okay, everyone going around trying to say and by if he was gay, who cares? There's not a gay bone in his body. You guys know him like I know him. I've been around him more than anybody. Okay for people to just like the internet, like a friend, one of my best friends said to me, I think meets gay. Now, I'm like, why say? Because I've read it ten thousand times. There's not a gay boone in that guy's So it's like, why do people want to bring somebody down? Why do people want to hate on somebody? Why someone go lie on somebody and by talk about the bunny hops. But so now Meek says to me, we're in the Bahamas. He's there with his family and there with my family four or five years ago, and Meek's learning tennis and I'm pretty tennis. We played tennis game. Now, this was one pathetic athletic event, like if you want to see like too hard horrible tennis players going at it. Somehow, it was very close, and so Meek says to me at the beginning of the game, he says, what do you want to bet? I'm like, what do you want to bet?
Speaker 10: It?
Speaker 18: Like, I'm not generally a like I don't want to ever take money for my friends or bet money, but if they want to, He's like, let's do push ups. I'm like, great, fifty push ups. Great, He's actually, let's do bunny hops. I said, what's a bunny hop?
Speaker 3: I don't even know what. I've never heard of a bunny hop. Okay, so now we do it.
Speaker 18: Then when I put it out, I like, of course, because I was making fun of because I had no idea what people would turn this into. I put it on my story, just making fun of him, like, yeah, I kicked your ass and tennis like it's fun. I actually want something in sports. No one says the thing. Then five years later, you know people want to Now it's the turn. You know who we're gonna hate on this one.
Speaker 3: So let's hate on me.
Speaker 18: Oh, Meek's Gabe because some guy made up a lie. Okay, so let's hate on for that and just try to change the narrative. The thing I don't like about that is it doesn't bother me for me. It bothers me when I see the narrative of a really good friend of mine, like Meek again, if he was Gabe, which there's not one gay but everybody who cares. Number one, let's if people I want to be gay. This is twenty twenty four, Who care is okay?
Speaker 3: Number two?
Speaker 18: There's not a gay boe on his body, So like, why do people want to lie about that? Why if people want to change a narrative, A bet he maybe me to try to hurt him, Like that is the one thing I've learned about you know, Look, I'm just being blunt because it's me. So one thing I've learned about black culture that I don't like is that black hate on.
Speaker 1: Hate speaking that more. I heard you say that early and I wanted you to expound on that. You said you don't like to see black people tearing down other black people.
Speaker 18: Yeah, it's horrible, Like it's horrible, like what Like I always want to be helpful. I feel lucky and fortune to do what I do every day. It be is whatever success I've had, I feel blessed to do that, and I want to give back in every way I can, in business and in charitable things. I'm always trying to be helpful, Like why does someone want to bring somebody else down? Like try to build everybody up? Like I'd be more excited to see one of my friends do something that's ninety nine percent less meaningful to me, but it would be really meaningful to them because I want them to do great. I want everyone around me to do great. I don't like watching black hate on hate, like that black judge that me had that hated on him and want to put in go extra hard on him.
Speaker 3: I think it's terrible.
Speaker 18: I think it's something that it's I think it's culturally wrong. And I'll probably get killed for saying this, because.
Speaker 1: You know, you're you know, I'm glad you're saying it openly. If this is the conversations that are being all the time, yeah, I want to hear this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So I think it's wrong. I think, like, why do you not want to build everyone up around you? Why do you not want everyone around you to do great? The best way for everyone to do great is to push each other up. I'm always pushing everyone around me. It's why I spend, you know, a quarter of my days helping other people, because I want them to do great. If you think about this, no one ever came at me before last year. Okay, last year we had the bunny hops you brought up, you brought up the right, Okay, but you're each completely made up to hurt people. Yet everyone still can't comes out for me because they're real, authentic relationships and I want to help everyone in everywhere I can. So to me, if I could say one thing, Let's everyone go out with a positive energy, try to make everyone do great around us, build people up. Let's not try to bring people down. You don't. You don't do better by taking your competition down. You do better by pushing everyone up together. You want all the wind behind your back.
Speaker 5: We got more with Michael Ruber when we come back as the Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club but still kicking it with Michael Rubing. His fanatics fest is this weekend. He's in the building, Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: So when you see other when you see black people tearing other black people down, in your mind, you'd be like, I would never do business with that person because of how they treat their own people.
Speaker 18: Well, I don't really see the people I'm around tearing people down. What I see is the conversations that we have about people tearing you know, trying to tear them down. You know, even if Meek doesn't bring it up a lot, but I'll bring up to me and be like, look, when you grew up the way met did it you up the way Baby did it Like these guys are tough. Okay, you know you grow up, you didn't even think you were going to make it to the age you are today. You know you're coming out of a you know, pretty violent background. I think you feel fortunate, but I think the reality is they're aware that, you know, there's a lot of hate that comes with their success, even if like someone's trying to get out, I grew up in a ruthless environment, and you know, I'm trying to improve the people that are around me. It's like then the people that you know you grew up with, their they want they want to take you down because you don't have the same people around you. How about you want to grow and you expand And doesn't mean you don't want to help the people meet does so much for his community, you know, a completely different situation, but Baby does so much for his community. Like so, I just that whole thing really does bother me because I think it's wrong and I think it's culturally hurting the outcome of the black community. I think it'd be much better if everyone trying to push each other up.
Speaker 8: In the Jewish community, do you guys support each other more? Do you see more support.
Speaker 18: I think in most communities people are pretty to support like I support everyone around me. I don't care black, white, purple, yellow, gay, I don't care like I'm gonna support everyone around me. That's the way I've always been built to push everybody up, to push everyone around me, and I think that's generally great for me. You know, I think most communities do it that, right.
Speaker 3: I mean, you tell me, do you think I'm right or wrong?
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, it's uncomfortable to hear you say it as a Jewish man, right, But I can't say that you're wrong.
Speaker 3: That's why.
Speaker 1: But one thing I always say is that when I'm talking about like what we call Uncle Tom, I always say, all of these uncle Tom black men think white people like that, and they don't.
Speaker 3: They think that people that are in white people are Jewish white people.
Speaker 1: Do you think whoever in positions of power, they think that they like to sell outs amongst us, and they don't. They don't like to see a black person selling out another black person. I say that all the time, Right, So I was gonna ask you about there's a guy named sid Rosenberg who called white president of Kamala Harris's husband a bad Jew.
Speaker 3: So when you hear language like that, is that self hate amongs Jewish people.
Speaker 18: I don't have to know any of the background to it. I don't even know her husband was Jewish.
Speaker 3: He just told me. But you've heard that term before though, You've heard somebody call somebody a bad Jew.
Speaker 18: And people if people have told me I'm a bad Jew in the like people told me, I'm not doing enough for the Jewish community.
Speaker 3: You know, people say to me that you do so.
Speaker 18: Much for the Black community, start the reform align, just spend so much money, time and energy to you know, fix the probation for all system. Why I mean that, I'm more for the Jewish community, you know. For me, I was always great at giving money away. I never did the work. And then when obviously, and you guys know the story so well, when you know Meek went to prison for not committing a crime, and I'm sitting in that courtroom and watching what was a really close friend of mine, you know, go to get sent to two to four years prison for popping wheel in a motorcycle. It like that was the most out of control I ever felt in my life. Because I'm used to in business being able to control my own destiny. And I think that's when my whole perspective changed of like really having to not just give money but really make a difference. And I think that's when you know once you got out. We started the Reform Alliance. Now we have this giant Make a Wish partnership which everyone's so excited about, where we do every sports wish, we help to make it better and crazy, to get the athletes really involved, to make the wishes great for the kids, and like we.
Speaker 3: Love giving back.
Speaker 18: I get told I'm a bad Joe all the time because like, hey, people say, you've only posted ten times about what's going on. But to me, you have to do things that are authentic. I got so emotionally involved in fixing probation and parole once I saw how the system was, and so I'm honored to do that. You also can't do all things to all people. When I get caught a bad jo, does it bother me a little bit? Yes, because I think I'm doing everything that's comfortable for me. But I can also fight every fight. Like we spend a lot of time on probation and parole, we form, We spend a lot of time on Make a Wish And you know I work seventeen hours a day at Fanatics, which is you know, my part time job.
Speaker 3: Do you gus own into seventy six is at old? Do you miss that doubt?
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you why.
Speaker 18: I think when we did the Sixers Day on twenty eleven, I was in a different part of my life and I think Fanatics was way less established, and I think we were a much smaller company.
Speaker 3: It really got.
Speaker 18: It went from in the early days helping the growth of Fanatics and helping it was kind of like a little bit of a business development platform, and then I learned so much from the Sixers and I was able to really help in a meaningful way as Fanatics got a lot bigger. Now we have thousands of deals with individual athletes, which you're prohibited by all the leagues. We're out in the betting business, which is prohibitive to take bets on your own team. It was really in the way of Fanatics growth and so selling this take and the Sixers allowed me to just take finetx to the next level. And on top of that, I'll tell you, I don't think there could be a bigger opportunity for me in my life when I look at where Fanatics is today and I feel like I'm just getting started with it. And I look at like I just watched the Nike movie like a year ago Nike Air, and you look at that and you're like, he's eighty seven today. Okay, I'm going to do this for the rest of my life. Like my opportunity is massive, and I have so much gratification and satisfaction of working around hundreds of millions of incredible sports fans and incredible athletes. Know to get to spend time with guys like you said, you just it's such a fun job. I don't want anything to be in the way of it. I also will tell you my relationships with everyone is so much cleaner now because I think before I felt like guys where I was friends with would still look at me a little bit different, like book for Jason Tatum and they when I owned the Sixers, I felt like there was just always a little bit, hey, it's going. Now it's kind of like everyone knows I'm just their guy, and you know, we have an authentic relationship and so and by what we do a lot of business with a lot of these guys do, and I'm always trying.
Speaker 3: To help you.
Speaker 18: There's so many businesses if you think about it, Like, look at Jay Z's an investor in Fanatics. We own Fanatics sports book together. We own Mitchell Nest together.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 18: Look at Travis, We're doing the collapse together.
Speaker 3: Look at me.
Speaker 18: He was an investor in Lids. By the way, makes single best investment in his life. You know, hope, i'mon't get in trouble for saying this, but they put two hundred thousand dollars in the Lids and got eight million dollars back. Wow, Okay, go.
Speaker 3: Ahead, meet shout out to meat. Yeah.
Speaker 18: So, like, I always want my friends to do great and I'm always working to do things that are right for my friends. So does it bother me? Look, I'm the most thick skinned individual you'll meet. I mean, I'm the most self deprecating person. I love to make fun of myself when I put out the baseball thing and show how un coordinated. I mean, everyone makes fun of me. I think it's funny. Does it hurt me a little bit if it's hurting somebody else, Yes, that's someone wherever I think, Like, I want everything I do to be great for people. I don't ever want to do anything but help people.
Speaker 3: One more thing I want to talk to you about.
Speaker 1: Speak to us about the role Governor Shapiro played just in Pennsylvania. Like I love all of the things that he's doing with probation reform and criminal that's reform. But a lot of that started because you when he was ag got him on the meat case. I like Governor Shapiro a lot, by the.
Speaker 18: Way, so I love so First of all, I hate politics. I don't every want to be involved in politics, so I think it's just bad, okay, because generally politics can't get anything done and people just fight over everything. So I generally try to stay away from politics.
Speaker 3: That's it. I love Josh Shapiro.
Speaker 18: Josh gave us the original idea to start the reformalized. It didn't come from me, didn't come from Jay, didn't come around Craft, didn't come from me. It came from Josh Shapiro. Watching Josh's development has been amazing for me. I mean, watching him go from county commissioner to attorney general to governor. I think in Pennsylvania told he has like the highest yes, which I don't think you got that right, which you don't get that politics you're lucky to get, you know, fifty one percent right. So he's incredibly I think supported in Pennsylvania. I think he's really capable. I mean, I'm almost relieved that they didn't pick him for VP because I'll have nothing to do with this election now. But if if the world, if the country decided that he was the right person, I think he would have been comfortable to step up and do that. But I think he's he's incredibly you know, excited about what he's going to do in Pennsylvania. You know, I just have so much respect for him, even though again I'll say this one hundred times, I hate politics.
Speaker 5: Well, this weekend Fanatics, Fanatics Fests, Michael Robin, Let's get the breakfast Club.
Speaker 8: Good morning Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is DJ Envy, Jess, Hilarry Chlamine, the guy. We are the breakfast Club. Laura l Rosa is here. Let's get to justin with es with the mess with Laurna.
Speaker 17: Russell youn is real, whether it's Hilarius, Jeff Robert Moore, just don't do no lines, don't.
Speaker 7: Do that.
Speaker 3: Low world on the Breakfast Club. He's the coaches ships with Lauren Laurens and I got the.
Speaker 9: Mess y'all don't got Saftwalka in trouble. So when Sswaker was up here and we were talking to him about him being like one of the first people to call Drake out for cultural appropriation because he was saying, like Drake would come through Houston and like basically just linked with like the bigger names of Houston, but never pull up the other artists there. And he's supposed to do that because he's taking so much from Houston and the people there.
Speaker 1: I don't even think he was saying that he links with the bigger artists. He was just saying that he don't he don't link with the artist enough period. He said he felt it was more appropriation than appreciation. Yeah, I mean you can let him explain it.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, we're gonna get to that. We're gonna get to the clip. Let's take a listen.
Speaker 19: This particular superstar, this particular entity, this in my city can simply make two songs with two different artists here. That's going to create so much revenue from ESPN's to the talk shows, to Nikes and all these huge companies. Seeing that, Oh wow, there's there's there's money, that's momentum, there's lucrativeness in the state of Texas. Look at these artists working with these artists, and.
Speaker 1: Then that required the Houston artists too, because I mean, Travis ain't no slaps.
Speaker 3: Travis is a big deal.
Speaker 19: Travis sign artists from Houston. Travis has made music with artist from Houston's Megan the Stallion. But she had songs with the Softwalker, she got songs with Max Quein, she got songs with Little Kicky, she got song be Punky. That's really being from a city, being in appreciating the culture. No disrespect to bun Be. He's from Port Arthur, He's not from Houston. A lot of people trying to say, oh Drake made soon bun Be bun being not from Houston, No dispect them. This is Houston, Texas were talking about. You just said Houston. Did you do you say Port author du say Houston?
Speaker 9: All right there, So this was trending yesterday. People were engaging in the conversation of who Drake has worked with in Texas, who they haven't. But most importantly, bum Bee stepped outside. He posted on his Instagram and response to Scewalker saying born in Houston, Northwood Manor moved to West Side, PA in sixth grade. None taken because he said no disrespect Bumby saitting untaken, but he wanted to clear some things up.
Speaker 1: I'm dropping a clue mount for bun Bee. Always he do nothing but salute and respect the icon Bunby, And.
Speaker 2: The caption said for the record.
Speaker 1: So I had no idea he was from Houston, though I thought he was from Port All, the Texas, like Bunby, PIMC. Stephen Jackson poured off the Texas and they re so hard. You know, I didn't know se But.
Speaker 5: You know what, I wasn't here for that interview. But the only thing I don't like is Drake does a lot for the city of Houston. He might not, you know, rep the artist. He might not like a lot of the artists there.
Speaker 3: You never know.
Speaker 5: But as far as what he does for Houston and what he does for for for that area, as far as support, as far as financial, as far as make sure that he puts his hand on Houston.
Speaker 1: He goes to the restaurants, he's out and about in Houston. I think he does a lot for Agetown. But you don't live there though you don't live in Houston, so you don't know. Well, I will say host a lot, and I see what he what he does out here. I can't argue with software. I mean, I guess, but he just say he doesn't do songs with artists, but if I don't like a particular or doesn't match.
Speaker 5: But he's done joints with bun Bee before, he's done joints with Houston artists. But he does a lot for Houston. He might not be from Queens, it might not be for rappers, but he does a lot for Houston.
Speaker 9: There were a lot of people online pointing out some of what Envy is saying, like when Drake is here, he supports our local businesses. They talked about some of the DJs that he sampled different tracks from and sampling assuming he would have had to pay to clear different things and like whatever from other Houston artists. The conversation turned into and Salzwaker said this when he was here. He said, it's not about me. It's not me saying I want a song with Drake. But the conversation turned into he's just mad that Drake hasn't done anything with him. I don't think that that's the case. I don't think that's the case at all.
Speaker 1: After talking to him, and I think the examples he gave was, you know, when I bought up Travis Scott and he explained that things Travis does being from Houston, and he explained what Megan the Stallion does being from Houston.
Speaker 3: I understand where he was coming from.
Speaker 9: Yeah, but I think even if Drake did all of that and tried to do more of like what a Travis Scott would do by coming there and like building festivals or like whatever, he would still get shotstone at him for real, because it's it's just Drake.
Speaker 2: He he low key is and has always been kind of like the outsider who figured it out.
Speaker 5: Drake has worked with Travis Scott early on, He's worked with Bud be early on. He touches that city a lot, hands down.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I like soft Walker's argument better than both of us.
Speaker 9: I like, so I was gonna say, I think his argument was valid. What he was saying is he might have done all of that, but there's like a core like that benefits you. Travis Scott is one of the biggest artists in the world, right, but there are other artists, Like he named a bunch of artists in that interview that like a Megan Stallion has worked with.
Speaker 3: That low key key big pope.
Speaker 2: Some of them artists I didn't I.
Speaker 9: Didn't know about those artists, but like I know about them now because of the conversation and because of Meg sician.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do.
Speaker 8: But Drake is not from Houston. Drake is from Toronto, from Atlanta.
Speaker 3: But he does a lot.
Speaker 8: He does a lot for Houston, but he's in Toronto and he does in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: But a lot of people because when he's.
Speaker 5: In Houston a lot more than he's in Atlanta. Duh, I mean, but he spends a lot of money with local businesses in Houston. He lives in Houston. He has a house in Houston. The house in Texas.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Look at the contrast between working with artists ten eleven twelve Atlanta artists compared to Houston.
Speaker 9: I understand starts walking for me too, because Drake has has that reputation of being the guy that like helps the artist kind of get to a bigger point, Like he co signs people, So he's saying, you throw that co sign everywhere else?
Speaker 2: Why not over here. But yeah, wrapping up? Does this mean I can do them or up? Okay, look at the time, all right, you.
Speaker 3: Gotta wrap it up? All right?
Speaker 1: Well donkey today were giving a donkey two man. There's a Florida man whose name has not been released. You know how stupid what you? You must have did something so stupid in Florida that they won't release your name. Okay, but he's twenty five years old, and uh, I don't want to tell you. I'll tell you when we come back. All right out, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 3: It's people in America.
Speaker 2: I really got Bronx Trump.
Speaker 3: It's not not shutting us. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and.
Speaker 17: All the fool Why does the Sunshine States consistently produce such strange nits? If I've catch all that tragedy a wizard legend.
Speaker 1: That such it is just one of the many wacky news stories out of Florida On the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Oh man, yes, don'ty.
Speaker 1: To day for Wednesday, August fourteenth goes to a twenty five year old Florida man whose name has not been released. And I'm gonna tell you something. When Florida doesn't release your name, then you have really done something stupid. I don't know why this man's name hasn't been released, but it makes the story that much more interesting. I promise you, when we get his name, you will be the first to know. Now, what does your uncle Shalla always say about the great state of Florida, Say it with me. The craziest people in America come from the Bronx and all of.
Speaker 3: Florida, and today is no exception.
Speaker 1: It's actually a tragic story because the person was killed and two others injured for what seems to be no real reason at all.
Speaker 3: Let's go to CBS ten TAMPAA to report.
Speaker 20: Police in Tampa Police confirmed one man is now dead two others hurt after another man drove the cab of a semi truck into the Emperor's Gentleman's Club. This happened around four to twenty this morning. The business owned East Adamo Drive. When it just told us the driver had just been kicked out of the club minutes before.
Speaker 21: He stood outside the club, got into his semi tractor was in the parking lot for a few minutes. When he saw the individual that he was in the confrontation with exit the club with another group of people, he intentionally accelerated that truck into that group of people.
Speaker 20: However, they say the people hit were not involved in the initial confrontation. Two of them are being treated for serious injuries right now. The driver is in the hospital in critical condition.
Speaker 1: He didn't even hit his target, just killed Innis in person, an into two inns in people because he got kicked out of the Script club. If you get kicked out of an establishment, why take it as rejection? Why not look at it as God protection. God wanted you remove from that situation for a purpose. In this instance, if this twenty five year old man would have just taken his stupid ass home after he got kicked out of the Script clubs and he currently wouldn't be in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
Speaker 3: If he would.
Speaker 1: Have just took his dumb ass home, he wouldn't be facing charges of first degree murder, attempted first degree murder, DUI manslaughter, the hecula homicide, and DUI with serious injury. If he would have just took his ignorant ass home, then one person wouldn't be dead and two others wouldn't be injured. But see, listen to what I said. Just now, listen to all those charges I just read off. Two of them had DUI okay, DUI manslaughter and DUI with serious injury. That damn alcohol will impact your decision making skills every single time.
Speaker 3: Do you know?
Speaker 1: Liquor stops the part of the brain that makes judgment calls from functioning as it normally does. This means liquor doesn't just impact decision making, it distorts a person since the judgment period, and that's what you rely on to make smart decisions. This man was sut saucy out of his membrane and its Florida, So no telling what what else he was on. You drive a semi tractor into a script club, You drive a semi tractor into a crowd of six people because you upset, you got kicked out. Oh, I know, fence and all field activities. When I see him in this situation, got Rihanna's makeup all over it. Five fentif fin tech. Okay, Look, man, rejection is a part of life. Just learn to deal with it and keep it moving. This is why so many of us need to be in therapy. Don't listen to prose. Okay, you need more than a head doctor. You need an actual therapist to deal with the rejection sensitivity that you have internally. Okay, rejection sensitivity isn't caused by one single factor.
Speaker 3: There's probably a bunch of factors.
Speaker 1: You got childhood experiences, like having parents that are too critical on you, bullying you may have experienced as a child. There are all types of factors that lead to people having rejection sensitivity. And getting kicked out of this script club triggered something in that twenty five year old, and not along with the alcohol in the fentanyl which I believe he was on, caused him to make a permanent decision based off a temporary emotion, and now someone is dead because of it. There is no way in hell you leave a script club surrounded by neked women, clicks and tits everywhere. You get kicked out, and your mind says, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna do something that's gonna cause me to go someplace where I will never be surrounded by neked.
Speaker 3: Women ever again.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do something that's gonna have me surrounded by penises for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Lock them up. Okay, this man earned this.
Speaker 1: Some of y'all is out here treating stupid like it's an Olympic sport, and this young twenty five year old man took home to go. Please give this a twenty five year old man from Tampa, Florida who drove his semi tractor through a script club and killed an innocent person and injure to other innocent people.
Speaker 3: The biggest he huhm, hits.
Speaker 2: And clicks you came up with that?
Speaker 3: No, God did. Don't you have one?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean. This is a silly question. You know what I come over That God made those God died, Yes, Jesus, you know what I mean. I don't know, I didn't.
Speaker 5: All right, Well, thank you for that donkey of the day. Now, when we come back, throw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I won my bagel?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 5: Well, when we come back eight hundred and five eighty five one five one. Michael Ruber was here early and he was talking about how he felt that the black community that black people do to other black people.
Speaker 3: This is what he said.
Speaker 18: That is the one thing I've learned about black culture that I don't like is that black hate on hate, like, like it's horrible, Like I don't like watching black hate on hate. I think it's terrible. I think it's something that it's I think it's culturally wrong. And I'll probably get killed for saying this because you know.
Speaker 1: Here, you know, I'm glad you're saying it openly. If this is the conversations that are being all, yeah, I want to hear this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So I think it's wrong. I think, like, why do you not want to build everyone up around you? Why do you not want everyone around you to do great?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 18: If I could say one thing, let's everyone go out with a positive energy, try to make everyone do great around us, build people up. Let's not try to bring people down. You don't do better by taking your competition down. You do that are by pushing it one up together. You want all the wind behind your back.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 1: I told Michael Rubin that I felt uncomfortable hearing a Jewish man say that. But that wasn't the only emotion I felt, now that I think about it, I was embarrassed because Mike Gorubin didn't say anything that I don't say every day, and I was embarrassed because I know he's right, and it's a part of me that I'm glad he said it because you have a lot of negroes who think selling out their own people to cozy.
Speaker 3: Up to the white man is what white folks want. White people don't even respect that. They don't even respect you. They don't respect you out here tearing down your own people. So what is the question?
Speaker 1: I just don't know how people feel, all right. I felt uncomfortable and embarrassed. I wanted to know how people feel. I didn't feel uncomfortable. We've been saying this for the last how long we've been on this.
Speaker 3: Mad still feel embarrassed. I still felt uncofortable. It just was like a oh, okay, being uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Like when he said it, I was just like I was like.
Speaker 3: And embarrassed because it's like, oh, and.
Speaker 2: He's such a nice person.
Speaker 3: I was like, who are you?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Why you all to let my house in my business when you with.
Speaker 3: Your parents think you left you go out here and embarrassing bore?
Speaker 2: And they felt like I thought like my grandma was gonna call me after and be like you up there talking.
Speaker 5: To that, Like nah, I didn't feel embarrassing. He's seen it closer, and he's seen it with Meek Mill, he's seen it with little baby, he's seen it with a lot of the things around him. So and we've been talking about it for a long time, but let's discuss when we come back. How did that make you feel? Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Phone lines wide open. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: It's topic time.
Speaker 1: Call eight hundred five five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess, Hilary, Charlamagne, THEA Gud. We are the Breakfast Club now just is out on maternity leave and we have Laura l Rosa filling in and we're asking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one, what are your thoughts after hearing Michael Rubin on the show this morning talk about black on black I don't want to say crime, but black on black hate.
Speaker 3: Let's listen.
Speaker 18: That is the one thing I've learned about black culture that I don't like is that black hate on hate. Like it's horrible, Like I don't like watching black hate on hate. I think it's terrible. I think it's something that it's I think it's culturally wrong. And I'll probably get killed for saying this because you know.
Speaker 1: Here, you know, I'm glad you're saying it openly. If this is the conversations that are being all the time, yeah, I want to hear this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So I think it's wrong. I think, like, why do you not want to build everyone up around you? Why do you not want everyone around you to do great? To me, if I could say one thing, let's everyone go out with a positive energy. You try to make everyone do great around us, build people up. Let's not try to bring people down. You don't do better by taking your competition down. You do better by pushing everyone up together. You want all the wind behind your back.
Speaker 3: So what do you think, Lauren?
Speaker 9: I originally, like my first thought when he said it to myself was ooh, how dare he go there? But and then also too kind of like why are you all in my business? Like why are you all in our house? Type of thing, because you know, we told when stuff happens amongst us, amongst our community, we keep it inside, like.
Speaker 3: You don't go outside over Twitter.
Speaker 2: Okay, But if y'all know what I mean.
Speaker 9: Like, if you grew up with like your grandma, like whatever, you're taught that when something goes down, it's not to be discussed amongst others. And he's an other. So I was just like kind of taking a back when he brought it up. But it was honest and he was he was a straight shooter about it. So I kind of I appreciated his view on it because it's like, damn for him to notice it. It's a how don't we notice that we do it?
Speaker 3: We do notice the whole way wor war war.
Speaker 9: There are some people you don't think that they are doing anything wrong. There are some people who think you're supposed to call people out, you're supposed to hang people, You're supposed to crucify people and not give them second chances.
Speaker 2: There are people who believe.
Speaker 1: I can't I can't wait till those people get they turn in the light, because they're gonna wish they gave people. They're gonna wish they got the same grace that they should have gave people. But I did feel uncomfortable with Michael Rubin said that because he is a white Jewish Man, but that wasn't the only emotion I showed. As I said earlier, I felt embarrassed. But Michael Rubin did not say anything that I don't say every damn day, you know what I'm saying. And I was embarrassed because I know he's right, and it's a part of me that I am glad he said because people need to hear it from somebody else. They need to hear it from somebody who's not inside the house. So now maybe you'll sit back and think about it the next time you decide to crucify one of your own or tear down one of your own for no damn reason at all.
Speaker 5: And you know, the sad thing about it is is we do it so much in our community that we really hurt careers, We really hurt people, whether it's musicians, whether it's it's you know, athletes, whether it's just regular people. And I never really understood why. It's almost like sometimes people get a joy out of seeing other people suffer and lose, and I never understood it. And even when I feel like when you look at other groups we talked about Mike Roban, he's Jewish, we look at Jewish groups, so we look in Asian groups. A lot of time they stand by their own and I watched, like we see what happened with Jonathan Majors, right, we see them then they try to take that man's whole career.
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 1: And that's the other thing, right, Like a lot of times, you know, we do these these these takedowns based off lives, off lies. They do it based off allegations. There's no due process, no nothing. Somebody could literally just post something on Twitter today and black Twitter or run.
Speaker 5: With it, yeah and run with it, and nobody will do their homework. Nobody will do their research, nobody. And a lot of the times the information is there, the court documents are there and everything is there.
Speaker 3: But there might not be nothing there, but it might just be somebody something somebody made up, and people.
Speaker 5: Will go with the headline and they'll attack. I mean we we it all happened to every last one of us.
Speaker 3: But he's gay right now.
Speaker 9: Like he said, he I think he is gay, And he was like what it was like because I've been seeing it all.
Speaker 2: Over what I'm saying, But that's not right, But that's right, that's not gay. I'm not saying that he is. I'm just saying what my point is, that's just not right. Look I had to cover clear that up because somebody take that clip and be like, well they announced.
Speaker 3: It on the Charlemagne have been gay for a long time? No I be gay? He white?
Speaker 5: No you stought those rooms like I go places? You really Dominican? No I'm not Dominican. I'm black, or you sual the me. Somebody came up to me during the costume this weeking it was like a where bay at? I said, she and the hold talking body. He's like, Nona, you're up a bait. I'm like my other baby Charlotte mane like they really think we a couple.
Speaker 3: Of a joke. Nobody thinks we a couple of joking with the that you like thing. You get, you king, you know anything about me?
Speaker 1: You know I don't like light skin men like like light skin women. I don't like light skin anything, to be honest with you.
Speaker 3: So he's like dogskin man, All right, let's go to the phone and know.
Speaker 1: Something else you want to you want to hear something to really be offended by. But I think light skin people look like pitbulls. But that's just my opinion.
Speaker 2: Run tweet that shepherd.
Speaker 3: Run tweet that, run tweet that. All right, whatever whatever you like like dog man, Okay, it's cool.
Speaker 8: Hello Candic, Hi, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 3: What's your thoughts after hearing pretty.
Speaker 22: Much I'm watching you guys on TikTok pretty much. I agree with every single thing he said. So I've worked in finance for a few years now, and I realized that in these very white, like affluent spaces, you'll have a feel of us. And I enter thinking, Oh, everyone's gonna like all the black people are going to come together and try to build and educate each other and help others and almost like talented ten trying to bring each other up. No, it's the exact opposite, where it's almost like we are literally crabs in a barrel trying to bring each other down, and I don't see a solution from the top to the bottom. I just is very frustrating, because like, we deserve better as a people. We are the culture, we create what the world is, and people monetize us.
Speaker 4: And so it's if we were able.
Speaker 22: To band together and create our own institutions and use our just our literal magic, I think the world would.
Speaker 7: Be better for us.
Speaker 22: But we're too busy trying to spun on each other.
Speaker 1: You're right, and we know the solution. The solution has been there since the beginning of time. Everybody from the Honorable Elijah Muhammad doctor Martin Luther King Jr. Told us the solution unity and group operation. Yes, okay, it's really that simple. You are not the only one, and you don't have to be the only one. You don't get in position and close the door behind you. You get in position, keep that door open, and you throw a ladder back, you throw a rope back, you throw them lifelines back, you bring.
Speaker 3: People with you.
Speaker 8: But I never understood it, like you know, salute, because how would you black salutes?
Speaker 3: You're doing it right now.
Speaker 8: He's doing it right now. Salute Attorney Benjamin.
Speaker 5: Just think about all the things that Attorney Benjamin Crump has done for us and all the stuff that he's fought for and everything that he's done. They call him an ambulance chase this that he ever, but he's done so much for our community.
Speaker 3: Look what they did the JAU just musician.
Speaker 23: Look what like hey man, back in the day, they try to unit.
Speaker 3: Now that's who did it to job. Okay, now you're gonna shut up now, aren't you? Yeah? You ain't. I done this same.
Speaker 2: Top under that T shirt.
Speaker 8: I didn't say it was right, but I just said look at it to just be clear.
Speaker 5: They loved job for a minute and then all of a sudden, the world the job man today.
Speaker 1: Why you That's why, that's why nobody likes your arguments, because it was a stupid augment you bought John Rulin knowing the reason John Rulin fifty had beef. It's not like fifty was hating on job for no reason.
Speaker 2: There's the thing said, being crump like.
Speaker 3: Like baby.
Speaker 2: He had like a civil rights something.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying is not just about the civil rights. I'm talking about Joe Rule. Yes, fifty and jo Rule had a beef, but that was their personal beef. But the whole industry and world ished on Joy Rule because he fifty made jock. I'm not having well, first of all, go to the FO. I'm not having this covers what fifty.
Speaker 3: This made John not cool? No more, this has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Why wasn't he cool?
Speaker 8: I have to put on them hits.
Speaker 3: This has nothing to do with what we're talking about, like absolutely nothing. Fact that our community.
Speaker 1: You went from Ben Crump, who actually goes out here and helps people and gets hate for no reason because he's actually helping our people to a rap beef and you think that makes sense.
Speaker 3: That's why you ain't up every morning in your bed be looking stupid on one.
Speaker 8: They don't it the one time my bed is fire loo. Look you can see you on take time.
Speaker 2: They grew back.
Speaker 3: I'm good. Hell it drew back, It drew in.
Speaker 18: You.
Speaker 1: You're the biggest problem right there. You are the biggest hypocrite right there, you talking about all that's time. I wouldn't see nothing you were saying before I said about Jo Rude bringing up Jo Roll.
Speaker 3: Destroyed John. Let's reset this whole conversation.
Speaker 1: Go to commercial and we come back and we'll continue the conversation we was having about Michael Roman.
Speaker 3: Goddamn yellow boy, just derail everything. Hold on man, the breakfast club only everybody, it's dj n V. Just hilarius.
Speaker 5: We have the racist charleman that calls me yellow boy. Don't call me yellow. I'm not look call me black. You know I can't call you if you don't call me black. I'm not going to talk to you anymore. I'm not calling you with you not I am black sirt listen idiot.
Speaker 3: Michael rob was on the show earlier. This is what he said.
Speaker 18: That is the one thing I've learned about black culture that I don't like is that black hate on hate Like it's horrible. Like I don't like watching black hate on hate. I think it's terrible. I think it's something that it's I think it's culturally wrong. And I'll probably get killed for saying this, because.
Speaker 1: You know, you're you know, I'm glad you're saying it openly. If this is the conversations that are being all the time, yeah, I want to hear this.
Speaker 18: Yeah, So I think it's wrong. I think, like, why do you not want to build everyone up around you? Why do you not want everyone around you to do great?
Speaker 3: To me?
Speaker 18: If I could say one thing, let's everyone go out with a positive energy, try to make everyone do great around us, build people up. Let's not try to bring people down. You don't do better by taking your competition down. You do better by pushing everyone up together. You want all the wind behind your back.
Speaker 8: So we're asking what are your thoughts let's go to the phone lines.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? No, what's that? What's your thoughts?
Speaker 1: Not for real?
Speaker 24: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And a r D.
Speaker 3: That's not how I spelled minus elie n A r D will continue. Yeah, that's been you know it's not He definitely is. Leonard talked to us.
Speaker 24: Leonardo, Yeah, man, charlom Man, I just want to say, I feel like a man, dude. You don't put enough half and helping the people down here in South Carolina and about you always stream at A four three and eight O three. But we got a lot of artists down here, like black boys and long money and kill a skip, a lot of people that you be putting on like you all as an artist, like you think A four three is your convenience and mouse Corner as your conference every time. Man, we don't really like that party. We want you to the city on, you know, the struggle that's down here in South Carolina.
Speaker 3: I just want to, I just want to.
Speaker 1: I just want to say some things real quick, so I can give a quarter million dollars to South Carolina State University and open up a scholarship for one in my mother's name. I have my backpack giveaway this actual Saturday. Matter of fact, my back my annual backpack giveaway and fish Frieda's actual Saturday. So when you do stuff like that where you're actually doing things that benefit people in the community, you're because I ain't shut out.
Speaker 4: You're not there physically you could. I mean, I donate to put my name on.
Speaker 3: Talking about you put your name on't I'm always on. What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I was just there two weeks ago for the one year anniversary about a month ago for the one year anniversary of the International African American Museum. Tell them you ain't that. I'm hey, listen, listen that.
Speaker 8: I'm also on the board of tell him you ain't see hi, Len and he stole your name.
Speaker 3: You're on the board of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on the board of the International African American American Museum in Charley Sthuth Alina on guys, putting.
Speaker 24: The people Charleston the same way you'll be doing the either city and out of stage, screaming the artists and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: We got tell about the art there.
Speaker 1: Yes, Luther, my guy little boss. You know what I'm saying, Luthor, my man, little boss, and my man Tied. I support a little boss all the time.
Speaker 4: In the wild.
Speaker 3: The record last week.
Speaker 2: He said, Boss, I've got.
Speaker 3: A record last week.
Speaker 24: I'm talking about every every artist that come out and charges all morning. I ain't here open the ball last.
Speaker 3: My god, how old? How old are you going? How old are you? Brother?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: Hang up on this old last nick right now? You know he was. I knew it was. This is what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: You for all him this this man is forty six years old, and forget everything I do in the community.
Speaker 3: He upset because I don't shout out the rappers. You know, I want to hang up.
Speaker 24: More challenge.
Speaker 3: Just make that. That was ridiculous. He was just loud and wrong. That was ridiculous. From Brooklyn. Good morning, Good morning, talk to us. What's your thoughts?
Speaker 7: So, to be honest, I got second hands. Embarrassed and embarrassment to be definitely. So I always say, if he comes together, he could be so much stronger. We eat.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 7: I don't condone violence, but we've seen the situation on the boat. Everybody on that boat deserving n double ACP award, you know, but at the end of the day, at the end of the day, I truly feel like we're we outnumber them, and you know, not to say them to make it a racing. But we're very strong if we just stick together and we do the cup of favor when we're taking out each other in that kind of way, we give them what they want. Like it makes no sense. I truly believe not to say he was one hundred percent right, But jewels will stick together. That's why you are reality. They like a little bit of them, aren't winning. They stick together.
Speaker 1: We don't listen, you're not wrong. That's why I said. I felt uncomfortable and I felt embarrassed. But I can't sit here and act like Michael rub was saying anything wrong because he says the same thing that I say every damn day.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this yo?
Speaker 16: It's your boy Shoven No Ruber right, though Michael was right, though, man, we gotta it was bar each other. One good example, small bows. What they made comments on Twitter about this young lady here. They did the same thing. What's the other young lady? Oh dog Gaby Douglas about our hair? Why does that hair matter? This young lady's slipping, she's sweating, she's running, she's doing.
Speaker 4: Stuff that you can't do.
Speaker 3: You know what they say?
Speaker 1: They said, you know, you got to stop needless criticism of your brother and sister because you got to remember that jealousy destroys from within, right. And I think sometimes when we see people like some more Boles and these people who do amazing things, you can't.
Speaker 3: Understand why that's that person and it's not you, but it is you.
Speaker 1: You just have not found your gift yet. You got to unlock the gift that God gave you to achieve great things. And what she does is not what you're probably definite probably here to do.
Speaker 2: I don't even think them people on Twitter think that deep.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 8: I think people people make y'all. People make excuse in the.
Speaker 2: Books y'all, and it's not a y'all. I would never ever drag her about no like like it was.
Speaker 3: And so too.
Speaker 2: I feel like sometimes some things should be kept.
Speaker 9: Inside of your group chat conversations, Like you can have an opinion on things, you can feel a way about certain things, but to get out there in public and to like say certain things like I had to learn that in real life about a lot of things, like everything don't need to be said all the time.
Speaker 1: People hate because they're not happy with their lives, so they need an excuse to the reason why they're not.
Speaker 3: Happy, so why they're not successful.
Speaker 5: So the fact that Simone Biles just want a gold medal, just want what two three gold medals, a silver or bronze. The first thing people are saying is look at our hand. Yeah, right, that's different.
Speaker 9: Stuff's progressive because there are some things I think that we should be able to be have conversations about each other about, but progressive criticism and just tear somebody down to two different things completely different.
Speaker 3: I totally agree. What's the moral of the story.
Speaker 1: The moral of the story is Michael Rubin was right, and we're not gonna sit here and loock like. He didn't say anything that we don't say amongst each other all the time. And the last thing I'll tell y'all is that unity and group operation is a must.
Speaker 3: And you should stop.
Speaker 1: Needless criticism of your brothers and sister because jealousy descross from within, and stop being so quick to tear people down just based off something you heard on social media, because a lot of it, majority of it be live false, majority of it just be false allegations, majority of it be a narrative that somebody has created and y'all just run, y'all, just take it.
Speaker 3: And run with it.
Speaker 5: And that run with it hurts somebody's live, it hurts somebody's job, It hurt somebody outcome, It hurts the way that they provide for their family.
Speaker 3: And it's fed up.
Speaker 8: And now we got just with the mess coming up. Yes we do what black person? Are you about to hate on Lauren?
Speaker 9: First of all? Hate honest crazy, like why are you always coming for me? We're actually about to get into a really good conversation. We got Adam Sandler conversation coming up. We also want to talk about Neil me Osaka and she brought up a really good point about postpartum.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that. NeXT's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Warning you is real wether it's Laurens, jeffic, Robber Moore, just don't do no lines, don't doody.
Speaker 3: Lo why jes worldwide mess on the Breakfast Club. He's the coaching with Lauren Laurens. I'm back and I got the mess talk to me.
Speaker 2: Alrighty y'all.
Speaker 9: So Jan and Jackson made a revelation and some people knew some of this stuff, but not all of it. So she sat down with BBC Radio The Breakfast Show with Scott Mills, and he when he asked her, like, someone just told me this, but are you related to? And then she's started naming different people. So let's take a listen to the clip.
Speaker 3: They don't have that clip. Someone told me that, Yeah, are you related to Stevie? She's our cousin. How have I done that long in life? Not a lot of people know that he's.
Speaker 11: Our cousin on my mother's side.
Speaker 2: So is Tracy Chapman.
Speaker 11: Through the family trade, so is Samuel Jackson.
Speaker 3: So Stevie is walk to you my cousin, Tracy Chapman, cousin Samuel Jackson.
Speaker 2: He would be a cousin too.
Speaker 25: I mean he's not my brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fine, but yes, I never knew. I just assume all Jackson's are related Washington is that black thing? Probably all Washington's and Browns too well to Stevie. Wonder thing is incredible.
Speaker 3: I heard, yah, I heard that. I didn't hear Samuel Jackson.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Samuel Jackson actually denied it.
Speaker 9: Into twenty seventeen, he had sat down with the Wired and they asked him, are you related to Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: He just said nope, but like she's saying, it did happen.
Speaker 9: But it always be like that, you know when your mom be telling you, like you know this person your cousin, and you need the person and like were not cousins, and then it's like a whole thing.
Speaker 1: That's how you know Samuel L. Jackson popping because who's going who the hell? Ones did not be related?
Speaker 5: I would take that one. I'm like, yeah, that's my that's my fly. Charlomane related to the to the Bailiffily.
Speaker 2: That's not true though, yes I always hear you say that, but that's not true.
Speaker 1: What I don't I don't he here's gonna enview with another just taking us off the highway for no damn reason.
Speaker 3: Once again, that was related that whying that your cousin, you know who you're related to? She goes to barge.
Speaker 1: Held the barge okay, Carlos Boozer, all right, everybody in terror squad Okay, in fact, don't want to put you on one and rewind ten boxes.
Speaker 9: I'm not even gonna hold you. You came in with a terror squad chain, I would I wouldn't even think.
Speaker 3: He had one.
Speaker 5: I'm black, I know I didn't have a terror squad chain. But he's really related to the to the belly.
Speaker 2: He really is, and that's like black cousins are like real we are.
Speaker 3: But that has nothing to do with related.
Speaker 2: How did y'all find that out.
Speaker 3: A long time ago? But that has nothing to do so he is related. People don't know, but he's really related. We be joking up here. He's really related.
Speaker 2: I know they pissed related to you.
Speaker 3: I know they are.
Speaker 1: They denied all the time too. You need to shave one of your arms, lord, I want to morning, don't.
Speaker 3: Don't.
Speaker 9: Don't do me and I don't even do prickles. He just always want to point out something because you want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: That might that might be a new style. Leave alone, y'all.
Speaker 2: My under arms is shaved or not.
Speaker 3: The new style him what it is. I don't understand why you got one under arm shaped both of them are, y'all.
Speaker 9: Do not, no, do not just because you're in here with a test squad chain on. Don't try to make it seem like I'm bringing back the seventies.
Speaker 3: Little b cut your under look like nb's big, like one of its drew in on one side and then the other side is both. It's kind of crazy.
Speaker 2: You're just lucky you're not ashy today. I know he is continuing because he gonna exactly.
Speaker 9: So we're gonna move along to Adam Sandler because it's too much black on black crime in here.
Speaker 1: Right now.
Speaker 9: Yeah, you just had a positive note five seconds ago. Yeah, all right, we're going to move on to Adam Sandler. So Adam Sandler sat down with Joe Rogan for the Joe Rogan Experience and he talked about the Will Smith Oscar slab.
Speaker 3: I talked to Rock yesterday just for like ten minutes or something, and we got really excited about stand up again. I go, you're right, and he goes kinda He's like, I need a break. Yeah.
Speaker 25: I think that's a good way to do it. Take a little break and just refresh your mind so you're not running stale. Because he did a live special too, his live special.
Speaker 3: I loved it.
Speaker 25: Yeah, And it was also like the build up because of getting slapped by Will Smith.
Speaker 3: And all that crash. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah. I think that was like the.
Speaker 25: Best thing that ever happened to him, because then it became like wild again. Like his standard was like outrageous.
Speaker 3: It was like the Rock of old that that night was like watching a suber bawl.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to see people's perspective because I never looked that Chris Rock's stand up is wild and outrageous.
Speaker 3: Neither. It's always just been smart.
Speaker 9: And it's just been Chris Rock. And I also didn't look at that night as a super Bowl. I didn't think that it gave Chris Rock like a new energy like it was. We all Chris Rock is a legend. It's not even people's perspective. It's white people's perspective because I have not There's no black people that were like, Yo.
Speaker 2: Chris Rock is back again, like this was the moment he needed, like it was.
Speaker 3: I did hear some.
Speaker 1: People saying this was the most proper Chris Rock has ever been, which is actually ridiculous to me because it just lets me know people don't understand his career.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the legendary statuy Chris Rock. After day.
Speaker 1: By the way, it happened on the Oscar stage, y'all, he was presenting at the Oscars, like a show he's hosted a couple of times.
Speaker 3: What are we talking about here?
Speaker 2: I'm still mad at you by monda arms.
Speaker 1: Why are you mad at me because you ain't saved one day? Are you going people crazy? How are you at me because you didn't and all I pointed out.
Speaker 2: I think you forget about something.
Speaker 3: You guy had a.
Speaker 8: Terror squad chain. I'll see to hear he talking about you.
Speaker 3: Mad at me? You mad at me because your under arms got edges, you got la front me. Thank you for just with the on his face the other day under arm and you mad at me? All right? What is wrong with us? The people? When we come back?
Speaker 8: We got the People's Choice mixed where it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Your mornings will never be the same.
Speaker 5: Warning, everybody's the j en Vy Jess, Hilarry Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club Ess is on maternity leave and Laura Larossa is holding it down.
Speaker 8: And we got a shout out to you know BT right now.
Speaker 5: He just joined for Rari Simmons on ninety six point one to be out Atlanta station. Now if you don't know him, of course they do the Ball of Alert podcast together and now he's going to be doing week days with Ferrari at too.
Speaker 3: So to that, Hey, d for Louis V. Louis V is the only person in iHeart that can hire people.
Speaker 1: Louis V is the only person, the only person that worked in a black station that seems to be able to hire people.
Speaker 3: We can't never get nobody we want up here?
Speaker 2: Did he add added him to a show?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 8: That's not a new show's doing two a clock?
Speaker 3: So he added to the show podcast and I never heard that the afternoon show.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was for.
Speaker 3: Well, shout out to the person that got the job. Lauren wanted what's his name again? You know b T. You know BT from the ball.
Speaker 9: Alert podcast because b all of their podcast is like it's everywhere right now, So they had him on the ready.
Speaker 2: It only makes sense.
Speaker 1: I am just impressed at Louis V having the opportunity to be able to hire people.
Speaker 3: Shout out to him.
Speaker 8: Louis just secondly said he didn't hire you because of the hair under your arms.
Speaker 3: That's what he does, Dan. They took it. And by the way, Lauren wils does not have hair.
Speaker 2: In the homes look like a pit bull. I'm starting to see he does.
Speaker 3: I just cleaned it up and said, you don't have under y'all. No, there's a hiring freeze everywhere except for Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Hu.
Speaker 1: I don't want to close bombs from Louis Van. I'm happy for you. That's my South Carolina bread. Okay, all right, when we come back. We got the positive notice to Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning. Everybody is dj n V just hilarious.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Laura l Rosa is holding it down for Jess. Yes, sir, now, we got a salute Michael Rugan for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: Yes, make sure you go watch the full conversation on Breakfast Club you tube page right now.
Speaker 5: And don't forget his Fanatics Fest is this weekend Friday through Sunday at the Javit Center. If you want to see your favorite celebrity, artists, athlete and all that, you can definitely check that out.
Speaker 2: We're going right, We agree.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna bring my son on Sunday.
Speaker 2: You just such a party pool.
Speaker 1: No, I got something to do this weekend. I'm gonna be in South Carolina in my hometown. You know they said you don't go there.
Speaker 3: Listen, people just be talking, but no, being.
Speaker 2: I'm here, my husband, I'm here trying to find.
Speaker 3: Me and you over here. Well, hopefully he is a new husband, is a babble and can shave one of the Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But we have the Knife Annual Back to School Drive and fish Fry this Saturday from ten am to one pm in Monks Corner, South Carolina at Berkeley High School student parking lot. Free backpacks, free haircuts, free fried fish. We got the Mini Mark Caribbean Groceries pulling up with the food truck and they're gonna be giving out free Jamaican food. So from ten am to one pm Monks Corner, South Carolina. My Knife Annual Back to School Driving Fish Fry this Saturday from ten am to one pm.
Speaker 3: So pull up in the positive notice simply this.
Speaker 1: Take rejection as an eye opener, Take it as something that pushes you and makes you do things better. Okay, I think every opportunity, every disappointment, every rejection, every accolade, everything has contributed in shaping.
Speaker 3: My character and my choices and who I have become. And it will do the same for you. Have a blessed day breakfast club you don't finish for y'all done,