Speaker 1: The Jaguars prepared to take on the top team in the AFC. Who's gonna need to have a big game on Sunday if they want to take down the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Devin Lloyd, He's going to have to be able to get out to the flat because Lamar Jackson loves to throw those short little passes to say Flowers and he gets open easily. And he's also gonna have to know where Lamar Jackson is because if you lose sight of him, you're in trouble.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say, Calvin Ridley, you need a big play from You need big plays from above the exits and ose players in big games.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Jags Am presented by Field's Auto Group. I'm Kenannie Stevens, Brian's exton John Osier, are with me today as we get prepared for Sunday night football against the Baltimore Ravens. Now Last week, the team went up against one of the best defenses in the league, probably number one and one A and one B. So big thing number one this week is going to be one A in one day because one BA would be the Ravens, who are the second best technically but one of the top defenses in the league, and they're going to be a tough test for the Jaguars on Sunday night.
Speaker 4: I mean, they just have a great defense all the way around, not even not even just pass rush, you know, on the back end, they're linebackers. I mean, they have some of the best linebackers in football. You know, Kyle Hamilton too is another guy who played in college and I think he might have been hurt last year when we played him. But that's a guy I'm somewhat familiar with. He's a great player. So yeah, they got They just have the really talented defense. But they're also really smart. You know, they do a great job and playing you know, sound and really on the same page. Everyone knows their assignment and knows what they're doing. They play really fast. I think that's the biggest thing is they know what they're doing and they play fast and they're physical.
Speaker 1: Brian and the Jags were able to score pretty readily against the Browns and didn't win the game. But does that mean that translates over to Baltimore is a completely different situation.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're different styles of defense. Here's what you know about the Ravens. The Ravens leave the league with forty nine sacks and their win percentage because they've got guys with eleven, seven and a half and six sacks, so the win percentage is about ten percent of the time they're affecting the quarterback, it's going to create problems. But if you protect decent enough right depending on who's on the left side of the line, you give yourself a chance to be able to score against the Ravens. It's not like people don't score against these teams. It's not like the great Ravens teams of the early two thousands where you were lucky. Can remember one game where the Jaguars got five field goals where you were lucky to score at all. They could score, but they've got to protect first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, protection's key. I think it's particularly key because it's hard to imagine the running game with Travis Dtn, with the interior the offensive line struggling in that area, it's hard to imagine the running game piling up one hundred and twenty one hundred and thirty ball control yards. I think the running game can get some big plays, some pops and make them The Ravens respected to do it help, but barring that you have to protect because there's gonna be passing situations where they have to convert big third downs to me third downs and big plays the way you beat the Ravens because they're gonna get to you a couple of times on their defense.
Speaker 2: And I'll say this, John, You know, last week the Jaguars had Blake Hans and Tyler Shatley on the left side of their line, and they were facing the best defensive pass rusher in football and a really good defensive front, and they were all right, you know, they had twenty seven points and they were, you know, within shouting distance at the end of the game. So you'd like to think that if Walker Little can play and he's practicing a bit this week, and if Ezra Cleveland can get out of the field and he's practicing a little bit this week, that you give yourself a fighting chance at home.
Speaker 1: Our second big thing this week, Eric today is to say there's gonna be MVP again because on the other side of the ball, the Ravens have one of the best quarterbacks in the league, Lamar Jackson, impressive and a comeback win last week. And you will also be a tough matchup for the Jaguars defense.
Speaker 5: Great football player, great quarterback.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: One of the things he's doing, you know, this year, I think, which was a point of MPs for them, obviously throwing the ball a little bit more from the pocket. And he's done a nice job for that, you know, And it takes all eleven on defense. You just can't, you know, you can't let your guard down with him obviously, not only in the run game, but the pass game as well. When you get an opportunity to tackle him, you got to tackle him.
Speaker 3: John.
Speaker 1: We all know Lamar Jackson can run, but he's really been staying in the pocket and throwing, especially now that he's got wide receivers A Flowers, the rookie and also Odell Beckham junior. It's impressive to see what he's been able to do with his game now a couple of years in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he has, he's much better there than he has been. To me, what still makes him meget dangerous is that he can get that in the passing game, but then he can also kill you getting outside the pocket. And I think where the Jaguars have a chance to stay even against the Ravens. Look, the Ravens are one of the best teams in the NFL. You're probably not gonna shut them down and blow them out, but what gives you a chance to maintain With the Ravens. Same thing as last year with Lamar. The Jaguars defense is much better than it was two or three years ago, with mobile quarterbacks, keeping them in the pocket, not letting those guys just kill you. Play after scramble after scramble. I think the Jaguars, because of Josh Allen Trayvon, the linebackers are very good. They can contain Lamar. They cannot let him have the seventy yard run or the or the multiple fifteen yard runs that just make it drive. I think they match up okay there and Brian. That's gonna give them a chance to hold serviance them, maintain and not let that factor win the game. The Ravens defense hears me as much as that. Yeah, the Ravens defense is really good. Look, the Jaguars defense has to play smart football. They have not gotten home in the last two weeks.
Speaker 6: A little bit of.
Speaker 2: Pressure on Browning, But was he thirty two or thirty seven two weeks ago on the Monday Night football and then you got this guy here who he's not looking to run. As you mentioned guy Todd Munkins offense gives him more options if he stays in the pocket, and you've seen him grow throughout the course of the year. But you know, if your run past him, and we've seen that from this Jaguars defense, a guy gets out of his gap, runs too far, you know this guy's going to go for twenty five yards and put himself in scoring position like that. This is about playing smart. And I don't think the Jaguars defense has had too many bad games this year, but the last two weeks have not been their best.
Speaker 1: All Right, our final big thing today is going to be growing up. Obviously, the Jaguars went on a great run at the end of last season to a little bit unexpectedly make the playoffs. This year, they're achieving at a pace we probably predicted. But now they're on a two game losing streak, and Doug Peterson says that they can't really use that youth fixed these anymore.
Speaker 5: Everybody's played rookies are no longer rookies. Is week fifteen. You know, I can't I can't hide behind that anymore. You know, I can't use that as an excuse anymore. You know, every team's in Week fifteen, there's no more buys, every rookie's played. I mean, it's it's it's just everybody has to focus that much greater, Brian.
Speaker 1: This is a young team, but they're not inexperienced at this point. I think this is a point where Doug wants to see that maturity level kind of step up and see them kind of take hold of this opportunity, especially on either Sunday Night football or the home stretch as a whole.
Speaker 2: Well, you decide how you wanted to play. Do you wanted to play loose and free? I mean, let's be honest. They're not in real contention for the number one overall seed like they were two weeks ago when Cincinnati was here. I mean, they could get there, but it's not the most likely scenario. Or do you want them to play desperate right like the Niners were on a three game losing streak, you know, like the Browns were last week where they played super hungry in front of their home crowd because they understood that they were on the margins of the playoffs, but they could find themselves behind the eight ball in a very competitive AFC, you choose me myself. I'd like to see them come out with a it's so esoteric, John, but just a sense of desperation, like, Hey, look, we haven't played our best football. We're on Sunday night football in primetime, and we didn't play well last time. So let's get out there and play good football against the best team in the AFC. Let's be hungry to show the rest of the country you know what we are and not let them walk away thinking but we're not.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Jaguars in the last few weeks, and I would include this week, are in one of those crisis points of the season. And when I say crisis, I probably mean defining more than that. They're beat up. They are in first place, but they've lost a couple of games. They haven't been blown out in they just haven't quite gotten there. And there's plenty of reasons for it, the injuries, Trevor's ankle's mistakes. At some point during those stretches, really good teams get one and sort of rite the ship. And I think that's what Doug would like to see this week. Hey, it's tough. The NFL is not easy. You're playing a first place schedule this year, which means you're playing not teams like the Ravens and the Niners and the Chiefs instead of the other teams. At some point, go get one of those late in the season that puts you over the top where you're not necessarily favored in the game. And it takes what Brian's talking about. It takes that desperation, that intensity, maybe making a play you didn't expect somehow finding a way to use that cliche. I think that's what Doug would like to see this week, and that's what he's talking about with maturity. You know, a mature team, a playoff team, figures out a way to somehow get this one even when people don't expect it.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, John, Definitely a sense of urgency the team's gonna need going into this game against the Ravens. All right, Stay with us here on jags Am as we go around the locker room. Here what everybody else has to say about the Ravens matchup. Welcome back to jag Zam, presented by Field's Auto Group, Jacksonville. You can step up to luxury at Fieldsauto dot Com. Welcome back. We're here in the Hyundai studios as we get ready for Sunday Night Football two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: This last night, yeah, October fifth, two thousand and eight, they played a game against the Steelers, and it was John Madden's last Jaguars game, last game in Jacksonville. So to be honest with you, I had to go back and look it up. It wasn't the most memorable game, although Rashee Mathis had it picked six early in the game to give the Jaguars the leader for Ben Roethlisberger. Rasheen who was a three time Pro Bowl corner, which just always seemed to be the Steelers nemesis.
Speaker 6: That guy that just always had Roethlisberger looking around and where is he? Where is he?
Speaker 2: But it was John Madden's last game, and I remember having a conversation with him in the hallway about, you know, the importance of this team starting to win because they weren't much and knowing that Jacksonville really needed this team to start to get some traction so that their future would be secure, and he thought they would. So now they are many many years I remember that conversation with him.
Speaker 1: Nice man, he was right, all right, cool, let's talk a little bit about what's been going on in the locker room. We got down there yesterday, talked to of the guys about, you know, whether they're hitting the panic button right now. Evan Ingram had a very strong response to that.
Speaker 6: Just diversity.
Speaker 7: That's what life is about, that's what this league is about. And obviously we got the great We got the guys in here to figure it out and respond and turn this thing around. And you know, it's cool. We're sitting at eight and five and we know we could be better. So we're definitely gonna go out and try to respond and get back at.
Speaker 1: The way Colin, for sure, the first part of that one was hell, no, it's not time to pan.
Speaker 6: No, No, he was fired up here.
Speaker 2: Toady had another conversation with him for radio pregame and he said, look, those are lights are damn bright, and everybody needs to respond. You know, we were talking about urgency. Choose your words, that's a desperation. But he said, everybody needs to respond to the challenge that we have an end to each his own was his specific phrase. Everybody's going to come to the game prepared in their own way, feeling their own way, desperate, hungry, loose, and relaxed. Whatever he says isn't about one common theme and everybody's on the same wavelength. Is about everybody responding to the challenge that we face in their own way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the Jaguars have waited a long time to be a contender, and contending in the NFL these days is this. I mean last year was sort of unique and that the Jaguars got on a roll and they kind of came from nowhere and everything felt sort of inevitable, Like when you look back on it, it felt inevitable they're going to win those five games and get that's not a story. But usually there are some teams like forty nine ers this year that look like they're just the team and they're sort of rolling. Well, that's a rare thing to reach in the NFL. Usually you have some adversity late in the season. It's a league of attrition. You've got some injuries, you play well for a few weeks, you sink back because everybody else is good. You're playing contenders, and the league wants these last games to be competitive. They try to schedule tough games. So this is sort of what it is. And I think Evan's point is look for about what happened last week, Go in this one, figure out a way to win this one, get it, and then figure out the next one. And it's hard to sort of analyze that, but at some point you're out there playing games and you're not necessarily worlds better than the opponent. You just find a way to win that week and you move on. And they answer Jaguars task this, but they're not favored. I'm not sure they're gonna win, but they're very capable of winning if they play well. They just happened the last couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: To your point, they are seeing the exact same thing in Kansas City right now, where they've lost to in a row, in Philadelphia where they've lost two in a row, in Miami, and in Detroit. I mean, even the contenders, those teams, if you follow such things as power rankings, that have been in the top all year long, they're all dealing with this too. And it was only late October that the Niners were dealing with this. They lost back to back games to backup quarterbacks. You're thinking, what's the matter with them? And they got hot.
Speaker 3: I got an angry email this week. I want this team to be consistent, And I said, outside of San Francisco, find me one. I mean, yes, it was an instance right now, but everybody else in the league. Okay, Dallas too, right now they're on a roll. But the Niners are the team that are consistent in the AFC.
Speaker 6: Nobody is.
Speaker 2: You know, the Dolphins scored seventy points in September and since then they have been up and down and up and down.
Speaker 1: It up.
Speaker 2: Now, what do you think they're saying? It's out Florida about consistency. Where's the team that scored seventy What do you expect it every week?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Right, yes, yes they do, Yes, they do.
Speaker 1: Else we're in the locker room. Calvin Ridley kind of haig in. We've been talking about the issues with the route running and Trevor was talking about miscommunication as well, and really kind of broke down what he saw on that play, on one of the interceptions.
Speaker 8: On that type of play, it's the ball can go to me, can go to someone else, and it's a look. You know, I thought I had a certain look and I was trying to, you know, get my feet on, get my get up on the dB and take them a certain way. So we could get another person's pop open. But it was a different look, and I didn't get my head around faster, and the ball came out a little.
Speaker 3: Faster than I thought. But if I would have, I just need.
Speaker 8: To be logged in in that moment more and just see to look better and get my head around bass.
Speaker 6: Then it had been a different type.
Speaker 1: Of place, accoring towardly running the right route, not the look he thought misidentified what the defense was doing, thought it was going somewhere else happens if that's something they need to get on the same page about obviously, to kind of just always be prepared, especially I'm sure it's being emphasized this week without Christian Girk out there, because there's not always that guy that's gonna be the first option. Maybe a lot of the time. You have to be ready at all times.
Speaker 2: Well, And another radio conversation I had there say it was with wide receivers coach Chad Hole, and he talked about about he used the word cohesion. He talked about that unspoken communication between a quarterback and a wide receiver. And then I was standing in the locker room yesterday and noticing that Trevor's locker is here, and Calvin's locker is here. I mean they have got to since the start of the season. There's no accident that these two guys are across from each other. They've been trying to build that sense of unspoken timing. How long did it take Peyton and Marvin Harrison to create that How long did it take when Reggie Wayne came in to be able to be that target that Peyton Manning was looking at. I'm not trying to excuse the mistakes he made. I'm saying this is part of the process of two guys coming together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's rarely, especially with route running offense in the NFL these days, it's rarely one thing this guy did this poorly. It's usually over the course of a game.
Speaker 8: More.
Speaker 3: You a lot of read routes. You got a lot of routes that playoff of Okay, that even's doing this. Now, the quarterback sees this, the wide series sees this. I keep going back to you know, yes, the communication has been a bit clunky with Calvin at times with Trevor, but everything was sort of going in a good direction offensively until Trevor didn't practice last week. So I do think that's sort of become a forgotten element of there was really no reps at all with these guys, and up until he got hurt against Cincinnati the last couple of games, I felt it was going smooth even without Christian. Then all of a sudden, guess what, he doesn't practice and it looks clunky.
Speaker 6: Well, that's how it goes.
Speaker 3: You know, that makes sense to me. I think it'll be better this week. There's still gonna be some of that because frankly, Calvin was out two years and this is still a young offense trying to get these things and you're gonna have this in the NFL sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And you know, the other thing Chad Hall said when we had our conversation after practice es today was that the coach, the head coach, had personally challenged all of the coaches to make fixes right, to look differently at it, and in fact, Doug said it in his news conference on both Monday and Wednesday, and that was the first thing that Chad went to. So it's not just the players who are trying to communicate, it's the coaches who are working it as well. They were attacking this problem right, this issue from last week at every angle.
Speaker 3: And Calvin said something that I thought was interesting. Yes today too. It was sort of after one of the questions, he goes, I just kind of wish the guy had dropped the while we had another chance. And there is an element of that. We're focused on that one play because the Brown's got an interception off of it. Every team in the league has miscommunications at times between receivers and quarterbacks. That one really bit the Jags. So we're talking about it a lot, and there was some It showed up big time on Sunday. It really hurt them. It doesn't always hurt you that much. A lot of teams weren't hurt by it, so I think this is this week's topic. I don't know that miscommunication with receivers has been a season long thing that's defined it, but they got to get it fixed now.
Speaker 1: I think it's interesting that you're talking about Doug Peterson telling coaching staff to try something new, cause a lot of what we talked about is we're making mistakes the game plan to sound the plans or what they are. It's just the player's execution or making self inflicted wounds. But it is a nice change, I'll say, to see a little bit of Hey, we need to do a couple things differently. What we're doing is not even if we do it to perfection, is not perfect, and we need to kind of adapt and move forward. So that's some growth there that's good to see as well. One of the people that is stepping up in the absence of Christian Kirk has been Evan Ingram. He's been letting in the world on fire. His first touchdown of the year on Monday Night Football and then of course got a couple of touchdowns against the Browns as well, and he says this Ravens defense is gonna be a tough magic as well.
Speaker 7: They played with a lot of swagger. Uh they they played really tough. They push pushed people around, and uh they're playing really well. It's part of the you know, they have a good, great offense and a great defense. So, uh, they it's gonna be a challenge. They're gonna be in our house. They came here last year and uh, they're probably trying to respond to how the game ended last year. So we're gonna get their best punch, but we got the guys to go do it, for sure, John.
Speaker 1: I have to imagine Evan's gonna be targeted quite a.
Speaker 3: Bit for some good looking media around here and focusing yeah it. To me, Evan has in this offense even when the running game's going well. The passing game is part of the running game in the West Coast offense that hasn't been as effective with receivers necessarily this year. But to me, a lot of Evans production is making up for the lack of a running game a little bit because Trevor really relies on it. When they're in second and nine, it's going to Evan a lot getting to third and two, getting the third and manageable. That isn't I mean, Evan's not effective. I think it makes them very important in this right now because you need that tight end. He's on pace, I think, to catch more passes than anybody except Jimmy in nineteen ninety nine. He's probably gonna reach that number because they're using him that way. The most impressive thing about Evan the last couple weeks, all of a sudden, the red zone production's there. It really hadn't been. I don't think he's ever going to be a thirty five yard per catch guy like that, but if he can keep giving you that in the red zone. That's an element that they lacked for twelve games or for eleven games. If that's there and they start putting it together, that's really big Intocember Bryant.
Speaker 2: If you were the Ravens, you take him away right, try to Yeah, I mean, that's where you send Kyle Hamilton, who was limiting a practice.
Speaker 6: He's got the knee from last week.
Speaker 2: That's where Rokwan Smith, who was an excellent linebacker, that's where you'd put him. So to me, you said he'll be targeted a lot. They'll try. This is where Parker Washington and Jay Jones and Tim Jones or Elijah Cooks or whenever the ball comes your way it may only be twice, then you got to make a catch, especially if it's on third down. You've got to pull this one in. This is gonna be a game where Evan's gonna get someplace. He's gonna make some place. He's really a tough matchup, but this Ravens defense is excellent. It's gonna come down to another guy making a clutch catch in a key moment.
Speaker 1: Should be all right coming up after the break here on jag Zam, we're gonna go over who we think will be some big playmakers on Sunday football against Baltimore. Said at this Florida's trusted and reliable moving company and they are proud to be the official moving partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars. To get a guaranteed quote, you can visit SUDE dot com slash Jacks.
Speaker 4: Definitely. I mean, we got we got four four games left, you know, we're we're we're in a fine position, you know where we're at record wise. We we got to take care of business this week and and moving forward, but we got to take it one week at a time and need to get back on track this week for sure. But yeah, there's still plenty of time. You know, you look at where we're at. If we could have been in this position last year, we would have we would have given a lot to be here. So you know, there's no panic, but there is sense urgency where this time of year, December going into January, you got to be playing your best football and we're not there yet.
Speaker 6: So we got some work to do.
Speaker 1: Still plenty of time to get things figured out. And it is a good point. This was very different than this time last year and you wheeled off all those wins in a row, and that was wonderful. But now that you're in you know, you build up this kind of lead, so if something like this happens, it doesn't break your season.
Speaker 2: Well, and John talked about it, managing attrition, managing the injuries. And you've got guys now who you are either getting back or who have been back for a week or two and you hope get closer to being one hundred percent. Can I just go ahead with my He will?
Speaker 6: He won't? He mind, because my guy's one of those guys in that state. Jones.
Speaker 2: You know, he's been playing with a knee since week two and he missed a good portion of the season.
Speaker 6: Then he comes back and he's playing with a brace, which he had never played with before, he told me not long ago.
Speaker 2: But he's finally feeling like he's getting back to one hundred percent. And he's a guy who loves to play in prime time and saves, he said, a little bit of energy right for these kinds of games. So I expect that he will come out and he will be the go to guy. He will be that guy who has ten targets, nine catches, you know, eighty nine yards and two touchdowns, and remember he was the guy that caught the two point conversion lines last year that beat the race.
Speaker 6: So he'll be that guy. I don't know that he's going to be that breakaway guy that he's been, right. I mean, he's the big speed guy, down the field guy.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure he's ready, you know, from a knee perspective, to be able to get down the field like that. But I do believe that he might be the difference maker in this game and catch the game winning touchdown pass because we have forgotten with Christian and with Evan and with Zay's injury that last year he was a go to guy and having him back on the field, even with Christian's absence, makes a world of difference for the quarterback. It's another guy that he knows will be where he's supposed to be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when he's right, he really matters.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I wonder how much that knee injury is him, because it's some things he's just to step off and I feel like if he was fully healthy, it would be.
Speaker 2: He's getting there, he says, But it's that again, it's one of the stories where you hope that some of these guys who are back and playing through injury all of a sudden, get a little healthier, get a little stronger, and feel more like themselves.
Speaker 3: And it's tough because he hasn't been bad. I remember there was a big play down the sideline. He made a great catch Agains Houston. There's been a couple where it's been there, he's flashed open, and sometimes this league is sort of circumstances. The guy makes a great play on you, but they definitely need his They need defenses to respect him bare minimum to open everything else up. I went with Josh Allen he will play well, because when hasn't he played well this year? I think that's probably the most telling thing about Josh. Even beyond in games where he comes off the fields as I could have done more, he's still playing well. He's been I think their most consistent player all year. I'm not sure who else I would put in that category. He won't He won't disappear in this game. He won't. This is never too much for him, and he won't quit. I think the biggest thing he knows with Josh, even in the games where he doesn't get a sad, he's pressuring. Last week he was close you don't always get home when you're a SAT guy. I thought he's still mattered, and then I think that's why you need to sign him and keep him around, because even I've said a million times, even when he doesn't quote play well, he plays well.
Speaker 5: He might.
Speaker 3: He had the moment against Cincinnati and then they didn't win the game. He might make a play Sunday where he's the one talking to Melissa Stark after the aim, or you know, he might solidify himself on Sunday primetime audience as not only a pro bowler, but a guy everybody around the country says, Oh, he's good.
Speaker 6: That's why the Jaguars are good.
Speaker 3: This might be his night.
Speaker 1: This one becomes the Josh Allen instead of Jaguars Josha.
Speaker 3: This is a chance seat of bills Josh. Well, he was that on one glorious day in a weird season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta take him next week if he doesn't get a sack record, because it's coming.
Speaker 1: I think it's coming. I think it's gonna Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't be cool for him. And if he got that on Sunday Night Football in a win, the whole story and he's the kind of player some guys get in the situation and they willt he's the kind of player who rises to it. I hope, so I hope we're right.
Speaker 1: I went with Hoya Lewisan from My Hero who wins Tonight because he will need to be the catalyst if they're gonna fix this communication on defense. We've talked about this for a couple of weeks now, how about things have not been going away. They want to whether it's the secondary or just not you know, reading things correctly, it's buying on the run, whatever it may be. He's kind of the captain out there, and he's gonna need to be, you know, the sounding piece between the defensive backs and the pass rush, especially now with so many players that are backup playing in the secondary. He won't have the luxury of not having a good tackling game like he did on Monday Night Football, because with Lamar Jackson's much of it is you know, keeping him in the pocket and tackling him if he does go out of the pocket. So with that, I think he might have the ability to maybe force some turnovers because as we know, Lamar does like to get out of the pocket, run a little bit when he has that opportunity, and of course Foil hopefully be there to make the tackle.
Speaker 2: He's played at such a high level this season. The last two weeks have not been up to that standard that he sets for himself. I saw an overrun plays which he never does against the Bengals, and last week he had a communication issue with Devin Lloyd.
Speaker 6: You just don't expect that.
Speaker 2: So he's one of those guys that I expect to come out and play well because that's who he is, that's what he does. Johnny had a big game against Lamar Jackson last year. He had a bunch of tackles. I think that was his eighteen tackle game.
Speaker 3: It was, And he's key against this team because they want to run. Lamar is so key. If the linebackers don't play well, meaning make tackles two yards off line of scrimmage and not five, then they'll win this game. And he gets the Ravens. Your linebackers have to play well.
Speaker 1: Stay with us on Jag Dam after the break will go over. What was that going on for Sunday Night Football this week? At the Bank jag fans, do you want customized Jaguars furniture for your home. Checkout zipchair dot com to arouse all customizable options. Zipchair is furniture made for fans and Sunday night football. This home game against the Ravens is brought to you by publics where shopping is a pleasure.
Speaker 8: Let's all do oh, let me play, Let me play, let me play.
Speaker 1: They're down in four B God intercept it.
Speaker 2: He put it right in the chest of Darius Williams. The Jaguars defense needed that.
Speaker 9: Not a boy just became a little bit of a smash up derby out there and the receiver can't get there, and Darius Williams fills the void and happily takes it away. How was you?
Speaker 5: You help him?
Speaker 1: Darius Williams miked up last week and he doesn't always talk a lot, but on the field was pretty musing. I will say it was one of my more interesting mikes ups.
Speaker 6: That he should talk more. He's having a hell of a season.
Speaker 2: Seventeen passes, defense, near the top of the league, four interceptions. I didn't expect that kind of a performance from him this year. I expect him to be steady. I didn't expect him to be, you know, the best cover corner out there. Of course, Tyson Campbell has been injured for so long, but he's really been nice.
Speaker 3: No. I've said before I had egg on my face with this, and I thought he'd be a weakness. I mean, he was not great playing the nickel last year early and he played well after that. I sort of ignored that. This year he's been. I mean he's been their best corner. Tyson had mental field, so credit to him and Pride of Creek Side High. Yeah, he was on the ozone podcast earlier four or five weeks ago. He doesn't love doing media, so fans haven't really gotten to know him a whole lot. But he's a very engaging, interesting young man.
Speaker 6: We talked to.
Speaker 1: Sunday Night Football this week, first time since two thousand and eight. As we've talked about, I do want to remind everybody to be in their seats early. The light show was pretty cool for Monday Night Football. Sunday Night Football is the tealout, so they're doing the Teal light show as well, and there'll be little cards when you get to your seat and you can put a little Teal cover on top of your phone and then it'll all be a Teal show as well. John do you think you could handle it?
Speaker 6: Oh, yeah I can.
Speaker 1: There's a card writer. It should be full proof. Just scan it on there if John.
Speaker 3: It makes me laugh when you when you mentioned the teal out for the Monday night game. Why don't they do a teal out? Why don't they do a tea doing a blackout? That's guess what? Just be patient.
Speaker 6: Are they wearing allD teal?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yeah, tell out.
Speaker 1: Everybody's wearing teal Team two, team too, Team two. All right, everybody, enjoy the return of Sunday night football to Jacksonville. Will be with you next week as we go over hopefully a Jaguars win against the Ravens.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the game.
Speaker 1: He left the
Speaker 6: St