Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio Final Hour on this Friday. It's a meat Friday. Just went out and inspected the trigger grills. We're ready to go smoke prime rib. You got Cuban sliders, smoked salmon BLT sliders. Who who has it better than we do?
Speaker 2: No by man?
Speaker 1: Oh man? Does it look good? Sunday night, the steaks could not be higher as well? They could be higher, but it's for promotional.
Speaker 2: Value.
Speaker 1: You here from Peacock, Dak Prescott and the Cowboys. Let me try that again Sunday Night. The steaks could not be hire is Dak Prescott and the Cowboys host Justin Jefferson, not JJ. They didn't even bring the quarterback at The steaks could be higher. Here that's the Cowboys in Viking seven Eastern non NBC and Peacock, which is where you can also see this program Peacock. Nothing really new on the Michigan front, but Michigan's ever growing list of coaching candidates is confirmed, according to my source, to include the head coach at Army Jeff Munkin.
Speaker 3: Just got that.
Speaker 1: This is now no Michigan ties, but the family is from Illinois and You've got a lot of family members who have coached high school, college, pro level and Todd Munkin, his cousin is the Ravens offensive coordinator. The list is growing, but that was just confirmed that the Army head coach, Jeff Munkin, who's got a game against Navy coming up tomorrow, is on the short list for Michigan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, when I hear that name and I like Army football and think Jeff Monkin is a fine coach. That to me is a cleanup on Aisle five. A squeaky clean Army head coach with no baggage whatsoever, comes in and takes charge of this program, whether it's real or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, but it's got to happen now, got to happen quickly. And uh, you know, got this game coming up this weekend. But still you see these lists. Now, these are just lists, but there's odds attached to them. Vegas has odds attached to coaching candidates, and Caitlin de Bore on quite a few lists, is the number one candidate. Lincoln Riley's name is on some of these lists as well. All righty, uh, final our poll question, Seaton, what are we gonna go with.
Speaker 5: Like, I have to ask your opinion on the wording of this.
Speaker 1: Okay, do we say will phillip Rivers play this weekend or will phillip Rivers start this weekend? Let's say start. You just want to go yeah, yeah, let's go all in on this. Will he start this weekend?
Speaker 3: Todd?
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 3: Seaton, No, Marvin no, Paul.
Speaker 4: Yes, because he's not gonna be any more ready or in better shape next weekend, might as well do it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say no.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say Riley Leonard is going to get the start, and he's earned the start. It'd be tough to say to Riley now unless Riley Leonard is that banged up and his knee is not ready to go against that Seattle defense. But it's not like Philip Rivers is more mobile or more athletic. Riley Leonard with a bad knee is more mobile.
Speaker 5: Mores hurt knee should be better than Philip Rivers currently help help.
Speaker 1: He needs yes, correct, So I would say yes for Riley Leonard, no for Philip Rivers starting.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: I kind of disagree on that because Riley Leonard's game is based off almost running first and passing second. Philip Rivers his longest run of his career is fourteen yards. His goal was never to run, and so I don't think like phil being old and slow like Riley, that takes away his biggest weapon.
Speaker 3: He's still more mobile and athletic than Philip Rivers.
Speaker 7: True, but one is using it.
Speaker 1: One isn't, Yes, Todd.
Speaker 8: The season's on the line. It's not a publicity stunt. Get him out there from play number one and you got him on the practice squad.
Speaker 2: Let's not be cute.
Speaker 8: There's only four games, lait.
Speaker 3: Wait, it does feel like a publicity stunt.
Speaker 8: Well to prove that publicity stunt to just you know, be relevant and get Philip Rivers as part of the team. Forget the practice squad. Put him in there from the start of the games.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Todd. Last night it was the Buccaneers losing against the Falcons. Tampa Bay is now seven and seven. They got two games with Carolina. I think the Panthers other game is against Seattle and the head to head matchups between Carolina. Now, Carolina's got to win this weekend against the Saints. But I talk about this most years with the NFC South, and it is playing out this way in head to head head to head matchups in the NFC South, So teams in the NFC South playing against one another.
Speaker 3: The underdog is seven and one, seven.
Speaker 1: To one, and we've seen that back to back weeks against the Buccaneers, the Saints, and then of course last night with the Falcons.
Speaker 5: Who Now stead of a day, stant of to day, start out a day.
Speaker 1: Start out to day.
Speaker 3: This is the start of the.
Speaker 1: Day stat of the Day, brought to you by Canadian America, the official trading cards of the program. Check out Danpatrick dot com. We teamed up with Boathouse Sports last minute holiday gifts at twenty five percent off, all made in the USA and all delivered before Christmas. A limited collection. You can check it out before the gear is gone. Shack will join us in about fifteen minutes from now. A couple of phone calls in here as well. And the most must win game of the weekend. Are we ready to do that now or should we wait for the most must win game of the weekend? We must do it now, Okay, Todd. The most must win game of the weekend is.
Speaker 8: Last Call for Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs you'll lose this. You're officially done. You want to stay alive, you gotta beat the Chargers.
Speaker 1: Okay, Seaton, I'm gonna say the Panthers have to beat the Saints this weekend.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: They find themselves in a pretty great situation because of other people struggling.
Speaker 5: This is an absolute must win Panthers game.
Speaker 3: Marvin the lines against the Rams.
Speaker 8: If the Lions want to stay afloat in the NSC playoff, Pitcher, they have to win this game.
Speaker 4: Paul, I'm gonna call an audible based off your info a couple minutes ago. Jeff Monkin and Army Football. If he beats Navy on national TV and raises his profile to be more, he may be able to grab the Michigan job. And I didn't think that was a possibility.
Speaker 3: And he's on the short list there, wow, short list there.
Speaker 1: Army is getting six against I mean, they're not actually getting six. I still think that would be kind of funny that you look at a scoreboard it says Army leads six to nothing before the game starts.
Speaker 3: But then it'll be tricky if you did six.
Speaker 1: And a half half, you know that'd be a little a little tougher there, all right, So that's the most must win game of the weekend. I would say it's the Lions against the Rams as the most must win game of the weekend. But of course the Chiefs, we know they have to win. That's a fourth, but they're at home. The Lions are on the road against the Rams. Let me see Chris in La. Hi, Chris, Hello, Dan, five nine, two hundred and nine pounds.
Speaker 9: So my call is I wanted to mention about Eric Dickerson single season Russian record last year. I heard somebody from ESPN say that Eric Dickerson took sixteen games to break OJ's record, and that is not true. It took him fifteen games to break that record, and I was at the game, you know, to witness it, and I also have the official statue from that game.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, well, it wasn't a topic on our show, So thank you for setting the record straight for another show, Dave and Charleston.
Speaker 3: Hi, Dave, what's on your mind?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 10: Good morning, Dan, Thanks for having me on. Yeah, second time, long time, six pounds. Getting back to your conversation. Your conversation, yes around and who was your first celebrity crushes? Word I've got to stand up for someone who never gets enough credit. Every One's always talking about eighties Hart drops, but nobody mentions Blair warnl Lisa Welsol from the Facts of Life totally overlooked me.
Speaker 1: You're right, it's not a bad call. Yeah, I mean absolutely overlooked, but not any longer. We're going to write that that right, We're gonna write that wrong. Jason in Florida, Hi, Jason, what's on your mind?
Speaker 11: Hey? Long time first our first time, long time, and my comic goes back to the Rolling Rock. We had a bar in Indian down with Indiana called Connor's Pub that sold rolling rocks for a buck. So after every rugby game we would go in there and just throw rocks on the bar and they would know and we'd throw a couple of bucks and get rolling rocks for a block.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, those were the days. Those were the days. I remember drinking cold forty five Jenny cream Ale, not to be confused with Jenny. It was Jenny Creamle. There was my girlfriend in high school, Jenny Creamail. There was a beer called top Hat that I used to drink, and there was red, White and Blue. I think I drank that doesn't that sound cheap, like you top hat you just you know that's cheap stros Yeah, weedaman blats, little Kings. Yeah. So some good beers, Yeah, good beers, Yes, Marvin.
Speaker 2: Did you ever indulge in Keystone Light? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, hey you there was no beer that was better than me. I mean, like, whatever was available, I'm like, I'll drink it.
Speaker 3: Is it cold?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll drink it.
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 1: Uh what was the malt liquor Billy D Williams Cold forty Yeah, no, no, saint, I's no, there.
Speaker 3: Was another there was another malt liquor.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Did Billy D do cold forty five?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: He was, he was cold forty five for years.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think there's another malt liquor that we tried to drink. Uh, Mickey's big mouth and those old English, old old we forget that old die.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, went out for your hobies.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, Marvin must still reserve. No, No, yep, I did not have.
Speaker 5: There wasn't a single beer that I wouldn't drink. But I didn't like the ice beers.
Speaker 1: Remember when ice beers became a thing, Like, I didn't like natty ice I didn't like Moulsen ice.
Speaker 5: Anything that was ice. That wasn't it for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Paul, I don't want to besmirch this brand if it is still a brand. But I could never get through a low enbrow. I would have people hand me a low and brow and I don't know what it was.
Speaker 3: Sid I let it be lowen brough.
Speaker 7: I could not let it be lower brow.
Speaker 1: Uh, Saint PAULI Girl was another one that I had. Yeah, I pretty much went down the menu. You know, I wasn't afraid. But growing up in a household where my dad drank bad beer. You know, he drank blats, and he drank Wheedaman and he drank stros and he was always amazed that me and my brothers we never took He always had this, you know, like a six pack in there. We never took it, and he always wondered. Later on, when we got older, he said, why don't you guys drink my beer? I go, Dad, your beer was terrible. It was that bad. We weren't even gonna steale it from him. Let's see, how about all the colonel in Tampa, Hey, colonel, welcome.
Speaker 12: Back, Hey, greeting to the gang. This Friday, Dan, and to Russ Tucker, our voice of Military Academy football. Hey, listen, congratulations to all the cadets and midship and athletes competing this weekend. All right, you know you know this, but our academies have about four thousand student athletes each and they all compete this weekend and myriad varsity, junior, varsity, and a mural events and they're battling it out. And couldn't be more proud of all those cadets because our athletic facilities and a mural fields there are you know, they're where our military leaders and legends are born. Hey, hey, Dan, I also want to say thanks Shack before he comes on, because a little known military Shack fact. In two thousand and three, he brought the entire Miami Heat to military to meet the military at McDill Air Force Base in Tampa. And you know, I've got a great picture of Shack with my boys and Dan. I met Bob McAdoo.
Speaker 11: Oh he's awesome.
Speaker 1: Oh, Bob McAdoo loved him with the buffalo braves. It was his number eleven. They wore those beautiful blue uniforms, buffalo braves. Good stuff. Yeah, Shaq and his stepdad, Serge Military, and he you know, Shaq listened to his dad like Sarge. Serge put Shack in his place. And I remember the first time that I sat down with Shaq. It was at the Marriott Hotel and this was in Marina Del Rey, and I did an interview with Shaq there and he had just come from Orlando to the Lakers, and I remember asking him how many titles he was going to win with the Lakers, and he put up ten fingers. But his dad was there when we did that interview. Sarge also called me at Sports Center one night. I had mentioned that, you know when you do Sports Center and you have somebody's picture over your shoulder, and I was doing a lead in with Shack, but the person who was doing the graphics spelled O'Neill wrong, like Paul O'Neill instead of Shaquille O'Neil. I don't so, I don't even know it. I'm straight ahead at the camera. I don't know that they're spelling Shaquill O'Neal's name wrong. I get done with the show, I go back to my desk. Light's blinking, and I'm thinking, all right, you know, probably fans calling saying, wonderful job, your hair look great, And it was like Dan Dan Patrick, Serge, don't you know how to spell my son's name?
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking, what is he talking about?
Speaker 1: Over your shoulder? They got they spelled it wrong. Don't you know how to spell my I went, oh my god. So I go back and I look at the tape and I go, it's it's spelled like Paul O'Neil, not Shaquillo O'Neil.
Speaker 7: Yes, well did you drop and get just out of no?
Speaker 1: If he had been there in the room with me, I might have because he was Serge, you's a tough guy.
Speaker 3: Shack will join us.
Speaker 1: Coming up next more of your phone calls as well on this meat Friday.
Speaker 3: We're back after this.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app. Fox Sports Radio is taking over YouTube and you can be a part of it. Just go to YouTube and search Fox Sports Radio, hit that subscribe button and smash that notification bell and catch all the videos from your favorite shows. Due Pro's and a Cup of Joe, Dan Patrick, Colin Coward, Doug Gottlieb Cavino and Rich The Odd Couple with Rob Parker and Kelvin Washington, The Jason Smith Show with Mike Harmon, and The Ben Maller Show Fox Sports Radio on YouTube. Subscribe, hit that thumbs up icon and comment away. Get a couple of phone calls in here, then we'll chat with Shaquille O'Neal, Mark and San Antonio.
Speaker 3: Hi, Mark, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Damn and Dan, it's Hippie Meet Friday.
Speaker 12: You were talking last hour about in a World. I just wanted to make sure that you knew there.
Speaker 13: Was actually a movie called In a World that does the voice acting and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I saw that documentary. Yeah I saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who's the main guy, only main voiceover.
Speaker 7: Guy, Don Lafontaine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is he still alive?
Speaker 7: He passed away September of two thousand.
Speaker 3: And eight, and nobody called me in a World?
Speaker 1: Easy transition in a World? Yeah, that might be my next gig voiceover work.
Speaker 5: Lake Bell, I think it was in that movie. She was sort of like the uh, like the main character of the in a World thing, but it's based on DNA. Don Lafontaine.
Speaker 1: Was Lake Bell on like a CBS show? Was that or is that Dana Delaney or somebody? She was on Boston Legal? Okay, lake Bell has been in a lot of things, but she was on some TV shows.
Speaker 3: To ye Lake Bell? Okay, yes, Ton. Do you think he considered.
Speaker 8: Voicing over his own eulogy with that voice? He was a wonderful person. He does like the whole thing about his whole life and his wonderful voice. You're not feeling that. I think it would be kind of funny as.
Speaker 1: You were, Thank you, Tod. Yeah, Paul.
Speaker 4: They estimated he made at times ten million dollars doing voiceover work in a year.
Speaker 1: A year, in a year in a world that's nuts. I make ten million dollars a year doing this.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, now there's a guy.
Speaker 4: If he lived about another decade, could have sold his voice rights to like AI, probably kept his family in Bucks forever.
Speaker 3: Uh Brandy and Iowa?
Speaker 14: Hi Brandy, Hey Dan, thanks for taking my call.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday.
Speaker 14: Thank you all right, I got a hot one here for you for a long time Michigan fan that I am living in Iowa. If we're going to continue street, try to win a title, but have coaches. Unfortunately, and in controversy, I've got the perfect fit that no one's mentioned. He knows the big ten, he works on the desk on Saturday mornings, and he's sure to bring us a title, but leave in three to five years under maybe a veil of controversy. I've got one Urban Meyer as the next head coach of Michigan University.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, Now there's baggage there. You know you can't do that if you're Urban Meyer. And plus I worry about his health. I mean he's doing well what he's doing. Don't need to coach again, yeah, Seed, Yeah.
Speaker 5: It feels like a real apples to apples replacement. I admit.
Speaker 1: I don't think you need. No, I don't think we need to go there. Yeah, Paul, Yeah, I gotta go know on that one. That's a no.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Shaquilla Shaquille O'Neal the SHAQ Funhouse that'll be at the Big Game in San Francisco and you can get tickets beginning today at ten am Pacific at shaqs Funhouse dot com.
Speaker 3: Good to see you again.
Speaker 1: Did LSU ever try to get you to play football when you were there?
Speaker 15: No, they did not. I wanted to because you know you know the story. You got the story. I started off as a football player. I was a tight end and nose guard. I actually loved football because I love inflicting pain on people.
Speaker 1: Who was the coach there? Mike Archer? Was he the coach when you were there?
Speaker 2: I think it was, yeah, yeah, Mike Archer.
Speaker 15: But but but they had a player who actually taught me how to be a superstar. His name was Tommy Hutson. And you know Tommy Hotson for Heisman. He didn't end up winning the Heisman Trophy, but he was like he was like he was like everything all Amberson. I just saw how nice he was to people and how respectful he was and how much respect he got. So I know he's watching the show. So Tommy Hutson, I.
Speaker 2: Love your brother.
Speaker 3: It was his number fifteen.
Speaker 2: I don't remember fifteen or eighteen.
Speaker 3: For some reason, I remember him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 15: He's like a He's like a gorgeous Tom Brady. Tom Brady's hot.
Speaker 1: Are you you're all in on Lane Kiffing? You feel good about your head coach?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 2: Of course I do.
Speaker 15: Whoever you know they decided to pick, you know, Lane Kiffin is a great one. He's going to be making a lot of money, and I know he's going to be bringing in some heavy recruits. There's time for LSU to get back on track, like the like the I think it's the interim athletic director of RGE Olsbury said, LSU was all about winning championships. That's all we wanted to do.
Speaker 1: I'm curious nowadays, if you were at LSU, you'd be a one and done, but you stayed three years.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't. I wouldn't be one of done.
Speaker 3: You would not.
Speaker 2: No, you know why.
Speaker 15: Because with this nil stuff, I would definitely be at the top of the list, right and I would milk that. And if you're a top in ail guy, I think you can make more than what these rookies are making on that contract. But again, college is all about education, so I would try to get as much education when it comes to business as I can. So let's just say I'm making eight, nine to ten million dollars a year for NIL deals, I'm gonna stay. That's thirty million right there. I'm gonna have thirty million in the bank and I'm gonna have the knowledge of what to do with this thirty million. I'm gonna have a business acumen, and I'm gonna know everything about the NBA and I'm gonna be very fundamentally sound. I would never be one to done. I would actually take advantage of the educational system. Everybody always talks about money. But if you're getting nil money, well, I go to the NBA and become a professional, and then you know, get money, get less money. Who knows?
Speaker 1: Why haven't you bought a professional sports team yet?
Speaker 2: I'm working on a brother what sport? NBA?
Speaker 15: Okay, in a perfect world, I would love to be part of the Orlando Magic or the Miami Heat.
Speaker 1: In a perfect world, what do you think that that would you would want to be the sole owner or just buy into it?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 15: No, never the sole owner, just you know, limited partner. No, I would love to have that conversation.
Speaker 3: A couple of random questions here the All Star format?
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 15: I haven't I haven't been paying attention to it, Daniel Eugene Patrick.
Speaker 1: And okay, but if you have the World against the United States, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 15: I like it, and and I think they should add a big monetary reward.
Speaker 2: At the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd be fine with that.
Speaker 1: I just want I want to know if the guys want to play that want to compete, and if they don't, then they should not try to fool us. But I think the you know, non Americans European players are going to be playing for pride as well to say, are bat what the five best players in the sport are from outside the United States right now?
Speaker 2: And I agree with you.
Speaker 15: And if I was in charge, I wouldn't make it to where they would would definitely have to compete. I put a two million prizes at the end the losing hits nothing and a big old trophy and big old rings and brag rights at saying that the best in the world. You want the Americans the best in the world of not prove it here doing All Star Weekend. If I was in charge, I would have this game cracking.
Speaker 1: Give me the game plan against Joker. If you played against him.
Speaker 15: Every time he shot the three run by him post up in the lane, have him and his whole team complain about three seconds. I wasn't a pick and roll the defender, so he would definitely get open up the pick and roll because Jamal Murray coming off the pick and roll. I would have to help defishing those guys and they throw back to him. He will probably get every shot he won. Now, the question is is he gonna guard me one on one or they're gonna double down with Aaron Gordon. But every time he shot a three, hopefully he missed, I'm just gonna run right by him and now, and you know, my game plan will be to win to jump ball and try to get him two quick to two quick fouls. But again, I'm not a good pick and roll defender. So he'll definitely get his shot. He'll definitely get his points. But the question is, what are you gonna do with me on the other end?
Speaker 1: Well, the same thing with Wemby. What would be your game plan with Wemby?
Speaker 15: Uh, you have to h back him under the rim and just throw it down in his face. To jump hooks is not It's similar to the kimback jump hooks and ya the little jump hooks a little cute see food seet move by the basket. It was not gonna work. You have to dunk on him and try to you know, intimidadhim. He is much lighter than I, so I know I can get to my spot and turn with the elbows up and get them off, bounced a little bit and then try to quick knucklem. But on the other end, I probably have no answer for him because I'm not known for defense, So I don't know why people always try to make details. I'm not known for for stopping people, and guess what, people are not known for stopping me either. Games like that. When I played against great bigs, it was all about that rhythm. So I remember early against Dave Robinson always being foul trouble. You with the same dame with Patrick Ewan, So I would try to get those guys in foul trouble, but it will definitely be an exciting game.
Speaker 1: Why do you only have one.
Speaker 2: M v P?
Speaker 11: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 15: Like I I argue with Charles all the time. What's the criteria?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 15: When you say most valuable player? Always tell it as an individual as a single player. You know? Is it built on teams success? I don't like we needed we need a nation, you know m v P NBA criteria on when it takes to be m v P. So there's no questions asked at the end. Let oh he should have got he should have got it? Well, this guy meets all the criteria, whatever the criteria is to become m VP.
Speaker 3: Does the m v P ever come up in conversation when you're around Steve Nash?
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 3: Is that a good thing?
Speaker 2: Listen? Listen. Steve was a fundal player, was a great player.
Speaker 15: And you know in this and and in this thing that we have and you know you're a part of this thing, certain things happened. So they said, whoever they may be, said that he was two time MVP. Oh for me to accept that lip with it, you know, I you know, I joke about it every now and then. But Steve was an MVP cover and he was a person. Steve was, Steve was much Watch TV.
Speaker 1: We're talking to Shaquille O'Neill. It's the Shocked Funhouse presented by Credit One Bank. So this is going to be at the Super Bowl. This is going to be in San Francisco's historic cal Palace. So you got tea pain tiesto disco lines and you DJ Diesel and that and my.
Speaker 15: Miles on there is actually a great DJ. This will be for the eighth year in the row, the number one party at Super Bowl. Dan, You've been at Super Bowl where people just standing around and talk and drink cocktails. Of this is like I said presenting about Credit One Bank. We got a carnival rides, we got uh, we got food, we got refreshments, we got DJs. It's gonna be a great time. And I started this thing eight years ago and was very nervous about how it was going to go, and went very well, and then we've been taking off since then. For the eighth year in a row, I expected to be crowned the number one party. Follow about Forces Illustrated Party.
Speaker 3: The Shack Delicious Excel Gummies.
Speaker 15: Yes, Shack Delicious Excel gummies where people will be uh uh instructed to bite my head.
Speaker 3: But these are just chocolate. These aren't like, No, they're gummies. Are there pot gummies?
Speaker 2: Dummies? No, not pot gummies.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. Those are the gummies that I have.
Speaker 7: I am an.
Speaker 15: Athlete, sir, I do not. I do not partake in such activities.
Speaker 3: You never gotten high? No, No, never tempted.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: The only thing I do is smoke hookah.
Speaker 3: Did that give you a buzz?
Speaker 2: No? I just do it for the smoke.
Speaker 1: What about cigars, yes, cigars too, Oh yeah, cigars. Cigars are great. The Lebron situation now with Luca and then you got Reeves and now Lebron kind of trying to get integrated, reintegrated.
Speaker 3: Can he be a complimentary player?
Speaker 2: Do you think.
Speaker 15: I mean I don't want to be the one that saying Lebron is a complimentary player issues that. I think Lebron knows and understands that at some point this thing comes to it in and Lebron has always been a team guy first. So know, right now he's integrated. Listen, Austin Reeves playing lights out, Luca is the leading scorer NBA. He's playing lights out. I mean, little Lebron smart enough to know when let these guys cook, and you know, meet me. You know, Lebron say I'll take over. So maybe I'm not gonna be the guy say to Lebron, you need to be a complimented player. Lebron knows and understand how to win. He knows and and understands how to run the team. And listen, Uh, all the greats go to this point. You know, we have great beginnings, we have great middles, and then at some point it comes to it in Saturs Day for me is when there'll be no more Lebron, No more Durant, no more Steph Curry, no more Draymond. Like that's gonna be a Saturday for me. And then I have to, you know, reintegrate myself with all these young guys. But you know, watching these guys and you know I'm playing against these guys, and you know, see what they did after we after I left the game. Is when those guys are going, I think I'd be a very sad day for me.
Speaker 3: Who will you miss more? Between Steph, Lebron and KD.
Speaker 2: I don't miss all of them. You know they're all great.
Speaker 15: You know Hardens on that list, My my guy Westbrook's on, unless Draymonds on that list, the honest unless, like it'll be it'll be sad for me because I enjoyed watching them guys compete as youngsters and then turn it into the great players, the Hall of famers that.
Speaker 3: There are, Uh, how's your free throw shooting?
Speaker 1: Terrible?
Speaker 2: Only hit them? I only hit them when I need to hit them.
Speaker 3: You know you tell me that, I know.
Speaker 6: You told me that.
Speaker 2: You there the fALS.
Speaker 1: I don't miss. I don't miss though. I mean people were surprised when you made They're surprised when I missed. That's the difference.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hear you. Are you challenging me, Daniel.
Speaker 1: I'll make eight and blindfolded, Daniel Fitzgerald Patrick. Yes, yeah, Am I afraid of you at the line? No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Well next time, next time I'm in your city, I'm gonna come by your studio.
Speaker 1: Right, fair enough for you. But you would have been a three? Would you have been a three point shooter or tried to be if you played now?
Speaker 15: But I would have definitely been able to bring the ball up, initiate the offense, called offense, go coast to coast, throw it down. I probably would only shot the three if we were up more than ten fifteen points, just to get the crowd into the game. But I'm not gonna shoot five or six three as hell?
Speaker 1: No never, all right, I'm just curious if you because big men always want to do what the little guy does.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so you know dribble and dribble, handoffs, and you know between the leg and crossover and step back.
Speaker 2: But I'm not shot know of threes.
Speaker 3: It is the party of all parties.
Speaker 1: If you're at the Big Game Super Bowl weekend in San Francisco, Shack's Funhouse. You're going to have a tea, Paine Tiesto, Disco Lines and Shack himself DJ Diesel. Tickets on sale today ten am Pacific. Go to Shacks. That's plural Shacksfunhouse dot com. Shack is aladocious. Thanks again, Great to see you, buddy.
Speaker 2: Daniel Oswaldpatrick, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I think he was channeling Reggie Alowishes Miller Junior the third that was a lot of fun. Didn't exactly invite us or me to the big party there. I didn't want to kind of jump it, you know, and say hey, when should I show up? But he knows that I'm I'm not going to stay. I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Too old for that.
Speaker 1: Although the backroom guys are like, if you don't want to go, could we go? I said, no, you can't go because you'd be representing me and I can't trust you guys when you get in the building. All right, when we come back, if you're watching on Peacock, we're going out to the Tragger Grills and we're going to have a feast of resistance. Cuban Sliders, prim rib sliders, smoked salmon, BLT sliders, Last call for phone calls?
Speaker 3: What we learn? What's in store for Monday?
Speaker 2: After this?
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live. Last call for phone calls? What we learn? What's in store for Monday? Meet Friday Spectacular. You got the Heartland Steak CEO. All the meat that they brought in, put them on the kings Ofwaian slider buns and they are awesome.
Speaker 3: Dylan did a wonderful job. See and final results of the polar question.
Speaker 1: Man, those are damn good sliders. Elyes, they were really good. We should have made a pull question out of which.
Speaker 3: Of those was the most Oh ma'am?
Speaker 5: We have up there right now, Philip Rivers will start this weekend. Yes or no? Sixty nine percent of the audience say yes.
Speaker 1: Okay's wild. And then the most accurate way to describe last night's game in the NFL Falcons one of the Buccaneers lost eighty two percent Have Buccaneers lost?
Speaker 3: Sully in Las Vegas? Hey Sully, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Six too in a nozempic two twenty one. I always know it's Friday when Marvin gets the boys going with his unreal rendition and time to hit the notes. Uh, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, Fellas, Fritzy, Paul Seaton, Marvin Dan, I hope you understand what you've meant to me in my life. For the past seventeen years. I've called before friends with the Boys, but I really wanted to say thank you today for introducing me to Steven Wilson Jr. My wife and I got to see him last night live here in Las Vegas, and to say his show is a spiritual experience would be underplaying how amazing and talented Steven Wilson Jr.
Speaker 3: Is.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for bringing him on the show.
Speaker 2: When you guys did.
Speaker 16: I've become a huge fan of his and to be able to sit there and watch him sing and talk about what the songs are, what they meant to him. I was crying listening to a couple of his songs. All in all, thank you guys very much for what you do, and thank you once again, Dan for bringing Steven Wilson Junior into my life.
Speaker 7: I'm very, very grateful for that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Sully.
Speaker 1: If you get an opportunity, we had Steven Wilson Junior on and my brother, who is a very very smart music person. He said, you're going to listen to this guy and he's going to play a song, and you're going to say, that's the best song that I've ever heard as far as the lyrics, and it is. It's about his dad and it's a spectacular song. And he does a cover of stand By Me that is wonderful as well. And he's starting to blow up in the country music world and it's it's great to see because he's a very humble guy and when he plays, he gives you everything that he's got. If you get the opportunity, go see him. Steven Wilson Junior Jim in Michigan, Hi Jim, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 2: Hey? Dan?
Speaker 13: Hey, what was supposed to be a big story this weekend out here in Michigan, Rams and Alliance on Sunday? Obviously you know got over shandor by something else. I'm left with a quandary.
Speaker 12: Dan.
Speaker 13: I have always been a Stafford fan, animals an a Lions fan, and I take a lot of greed and my only resolve at the office is is I wear my throwback Stafford jersey to the office and still take a lot of griefs. Have you ever been faced to that or any of the dan That's where you've had to, you know, to make a decision. And like I said, you know, to say that is definitely you know out in LA and that's probably what's going to happen in the big win. But I still left that gear, you know, rooting for allions too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: You know, you got a guy who spent most of his career there, and you know, played, played, hurt, played a high level. The team didn't always accompany him there. Now he gets to a Super Bowl, wins the Super Bowl, might win an MVP, might win another Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: But you know you got to see most of his career there. This day in sports history.
Speaker 4: Paul nineteen seventy six. Joe Namas played his final game with the New York Jets nineteen eighty one Wayne Gretz. He became the quickest to reach fifty goals in the season. He did it in his thirty ninth game. In twenty ten, the collapse of the inflatable roof at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome Mall of America caused the cancelation of the game between the New York Giants and Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Vikings nineteen eighty two, the snowplow game, John Smith came into kick a game winning field goal. Patriots beat the Dolphins three to nothing. By the way, the next season, the NFL banned the use of snowplows from altering the playing field. What I mean, you're watching this and this guy brings the snowplow onto the field, clears the path. So John Smith, the field goal kicker, a kick a field goal and that was the only scoring three to nothing. Nineteen sixty five might be the first time I truly remember a football game, and that was because it was Gail Sairs against the forty nine ers, and I just remember that he ran, He also caught. He has return touchdowns. He had six touchdowns. The Bears beat the Niners, and the weather conditions at Wrigley Field were terrible that day, sixty one to twenty. But that's one of those times when you go he runs differently than anybody I've ever seen in my life, and even to this day, there are very, very very few running backs who can be on that same level of style and swag that Gail Sayirs had And that's why I'm proud to have the Gail Sairs jersey over in the man Cave over by our morning meeting, have it over there. But that was nineteen sixty five. Also two thousand and two, the Mothership aired a Lebron James High school game. He scored thirty one, had thirteen rebound, six assists as Saint Vincent Saint Mary beat o'kill Academy Fun Show this week. A lot of great guests. Fritze did a great job. We reacted to stories as I think you've become accustomed to trying to bring the right people and add to a story, and I think the show should be very proud of that. Let's go around the room. What we learn on the program? Todd, you learn anything today?
Speaker 2: I learned a lot.
Speaker 8: Shack says he would not have been one and done now in college because of all the NAL money and staying in school he could learn more about business.
Speaker 3: Seaton, what about you?
Speaker 1: Shack wanted to play football, but LS you wouldn't let them. Marvin, what did you learn today?
Speaker 3: I forgot?
Speaker 7: The Patriots lost to the Raiders this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first game of the season, Paul, What did you learn today? Shack made by a team? What about me?
Speaker 2: Todd?
Speaker 3: What did I learn?
Speaker 7: Ross Tucker says wearing sleeves is soft.
Speaker 8: OL have to send a measure that they're tough in the cold weather.
Speaker 1: Thanks for the phone calls, emails, tweets, the all around support. Those watching on Peacock or listening on our radio affiliates, have a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Safe weekend. We'll talk to you on Monday.