Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today with us as Bloomberg News process at reporter Emily Graffeo. She joins us here in the Bloomberg Business Week studio.
Speaker 4: Emily, what's on your radar?
Speaker 5: Okay, so I'm looking at shares of US shares of Spotify, because that stock had fallen as much as four percent. They're set to report earnings tomorrow. Spotify has gained thirty five percent.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say, into date, it's been on tear this year, last year.
Speaker 5: I don't claim to know any like inside knowledge into Spotify as to exactly today why the stock is lower.
Speaker 1: I'm assuming maybe it's profit taking.
Speaker 5: Before the earnings, but in terms of what investors are going to be looking for, how and when the company.
Speaker 1: Will raise prices.
Speaker 5: That's what Bloomberg News is writing today, because they're reportedly planning an increase in Europe as soon.
Speaker 4: As June, but not here in the US.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, I don't know. Maybe they'll mention that tomorrow.
Speaker 5: And then they also said today that they paid one hundred million dollars to podcast publishers and creators in the first quarter. But it would be hard to imagine that would make the stock move down so much four percent. But really that was only headline that we got out of Spotify for today, so you may be profit taking.
Speaker 6: So hovering near it's all time high.
Speaker 3: Did you see what it did last year? One hundred and seventy percent higher in twenty twenty four. Yeah, one hundred and fifty seven percent higher in twenty twenty three. I also think this is a sticky product in the sense I don't know, are you a Spotify subscriber? I am so am I and I don't anticipate ever going to any other service because it knows me I have all my playlists, not that they're that many.
Speaker 4: Well your abba, no on my body bear Well.
Speaker 5: We have been taught talking about I think it was last week week we'd mentioned that Netflix was like tariff proof and recession proof. Spotify seems similar, like a similar story because sticky, it's it's sticky.
Speaker 1: You know, Are you really.
Speaker 5: Going to stop listening to music just because the economy is in a recession.
Speaker 1: Or it's a like off the charts, right, like yeah, kind of suing it. Yeah, you can get so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it depends on how much they raise prices.
Speaker 6: Right, I'm listening to Madonna on the weekend.
Speaker 4: A lot of podcasts too. Actually, come on.
Speaker 1: You're among friends, Okay, Bloomberg podcasts obviously. Yeah, you can get Bloomberg Business Daily.
Speaker 4: Yeah. No, I mean you can get every podcast there.
Speaker 1: Can, Burg Business week Daily podcast.
Speaker 4: And weekend show. That's so true.
Speaker 6: Okay, Boeing it's actually higher today. I feel like this is another move step towards the Boeing of the future.
Speaker 1: Yes, so that stock is up about two percent.
Speaker 5: They had an upgrade at Bernstein to outperform from market perform. They said the aircraft make is now making the progress it needs for growth trajectory, although the analysts did note that they can't assume all the risks are gone and there are several piling up for Boeing that have been piling up for a while now, namely high FA scrutiny and just I guess the negative like negative headlines when it comes to just.
Speaker 1: All of the.
Speaker 5: Troubles that this company has had and.
Speaker 6: We did have Airbuss agreed to take over some assets and sights from Spirit Aerosystems, which then clears the way for Spirit to be acquired by Boeing, which they're bringing back right Airport Airline.
Speaker 3: Boy, Yes, everything spun off is spun it off about more or less twenty years.
Speaker 1: Ago, because anytime we talked about it, Second Airplane.
Speaker 4: Is a separate public company.
Speaker 3: Now it's being brought back under the Hopefully this will help solve some of the issues around the quality that they faced in researching back and yeah, bringing back.
Speaker 4: In US airplane man.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, speaking of transportation, let's talk plug Power off the charts today. We've had Andy marsh the CEO, come on our program quite a bit over the last few years, and whenever he comes on, I hear a lot from folks on social media.
Speaker 4: What's going on with the stock today?
Speaker 5: So this is stock movers. So I couldn't not pick this one. It was up as much as forty six percent today.
Speaker 4: Is this one of yours today? Carol? No, No, I have ade. I know I have another four.
Speaker 6: I have another big mover that's got above a billion dollar market.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's the thing with plug Power.
Speaker 5: They are just shy of a billion dollars in market cap, but this was the biggest jump in nearly a year. The Hydrogen Company announced a five hundred and twenty five million dollars secured debt facility.
Speaker 1: That alone says something.
Speaker 6: The biggest jump in nearly a year like this one bops around a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. It's been falling this year. It hasn't had a good twenty twenty.
Speaker 5: Five, but today there is some relief there for the for the shareholder.
Speaker 6: It's still down even with that move today, it's down fifty percent year today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's incredible, and the share price is not. Yeah, it's just about a book.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So a little perspective there, Green Hydrogen Company. Yeah, but you're right, and a big chunk of the float is shorted, more than twenty seven percent, so.
Speaker 1: You get it.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.