Speaker 1: I don't want to say we're shocked when people stay together after they do a second time update with us, but it is always a little surprising.
Speaker 2: That's the point.
Speaker 1: Ye and Berg and Jeffrey and this is your second date podcast. Today we have an update update that means we will play you the original, so everybody's on the same page, and then we're gonna have the couple back on the phone to hear what's happened since they were on the show. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta stay through it all to hear it.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure they'll be at least one complaint in this It says this is a rerun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, just wait till the end. Yeah, and I'll talk to the ad. You're gonna hear a little ad right before. We're preparing you for everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what's ahead.
Speaker 3: It's brand new.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: What are some comments?
Speaker 4: Dan said, I hate my buddy for introducing me to the show. I hate myself for continuing to listen to it.
Speaker 3: Self loathing. We love that here, but welcome to the show. Dan.
Speaker 1: Whether you like it or not, you're stuck with us. Your update update starts right now.
Speaker 2: Sometimes in the dating world, hearts can be broken.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Other times you're breaking literal bones and ligaments.
Speaker 3: I hope not.
Speaker 2: Heck, and that is a pretty close description of what happened when two of our listeners decided to go on a hike for their first meet up. Okay, it was a disaster date that turned into one of our most memorable calls of the year. And despite the events that unfolded that fateful day, the couples reached out saying they need to come back on the show for a special second date update update. You're gonna hear it coming up right after this second date updated. She's back, return callers of the second date update. That's fine Laura. You may remember her. She was the avid Jim goer who roasted her date when she found out he tried to use a cube on at nobu. Oh yeah, because he claimed he didn't know that sushi could be that expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, came out, you came back, Laura.
Speaker 2: Something about Laura. She's got high end taste and I'm guessing that she is totally worth it. But you know, those types of ladies can be a little bit hard to please. And now there's another guy who's ghosting her, probably because he's so intimidated by you, Laura, That's what I would guess. But welcome back to our show. It's nice to have you on.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: So apparently this is a new guy that you want us to call today, right, what's his name?
Speaker 5: His name's Troy, Troy Troy. Okay, So I'm at this guy, Troy. I was kind of like on the download for a little while, and I was like, all right, I'm gonna try this again.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: So you took some time off of dating enough after having to recover from your experience.
Speaker 5: With us from the Nobu coupon.
Speaker 2: Good for you for deciding to get back out there.
Speaker 3: You meet Troy online on an app.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I liked his profile because it shows him being like super active. He's like into swimming and their activities, hiking and things like that, and that's really important for me.
Speaker 2: He just like a big fan of one hundred dollars bills in his hand, just like.
Speaker 5: No, it was just like the activity stuff, and you know, his body and his book.
Speaker 3: That was the only thing that LESS just perked up to.
Speaker 2: Obviously this body okay, oh yeah, hot body active Troy.
Speaker 1: So did you initiate conversation with him?
Speaker 5: It was like a mutual thing, and we just kind of had good conversation and talked about working out. So I found this thing online and it was the most incredible view and the perfect selfie spot.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, So you're picking your hiking based on the quality of picture you're going to get from it.
Speaker 5: Of course, because work girl doesn't want to look like a professional hiker standing on a rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, okay, but hiking is a fun activity.
Speaker 3: He's active, guys.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, it's about the Instagram photo, about the hike.
Speaker 5: So he was for down and we had a really nice hike and the pictures came out amazing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's cute.
Speaker 3: You got cute pictures. Did you take pictures together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we did some selfies and then we took picts of each other and we got some really good shots.
Speaker 3: Cool. That sounds good, It sounds yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So this is the fun part. The way down, Troy slips, falls down and sprains his ankle.
Speaker 2: Probably saw like a cool chipmunk, and you like didn't know where.
Speaker 3: I'm that's terrible.
Speaker 5: So basically you can't walk down the mountain. So I didn't know what to do. I kind of had a little meltdown, and I was like, all right, let me see if my phone actually has service and I can call somebody to get help.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you're gonna call in park rangers or what.
Speaker 5: I tried reaching out to a lot of people, like friends, emergency services, I mean basically anyone who could like help get him down the mountain.
Speaker 3: Did someone come help?
Speaker 5: Eventually medics showed up and came and helped.
Speaker 3: Whoa, oh wow.
Speaker 5: But the good news is on that avenue that it wasn't like the perfect end to a perfect date, but at least we got to like sit and chat and we had a ton of really intimate talk times.
Speaker 3: Well he's wind suited page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, we always say.
Speaker 1: This, but this is another cute story where if things work out for you, it's kind of like, yeah, you've sprained his ankle, arms.
Speaker 5: Date right, right?
Speaker 2: And what did you take more pictures of each other while he was sitting down on the ground.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's kind of wild that he hasn't I'm assuming he hasn't called you at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why I called it, because like he was talking a ton and now he's not talking at all, and I don't understand and like, if it's because he got hurt, that's really kind of dumb.
Speaker 2: He's not embarrassed because getting hurt as an accident, you know, he could be.
Speaker 3: Like if he's a big buffy, do you think he's like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, I slip on a rock. I mean, this is a little bit unlike our typical dates that we talk about on the show, where it's like really quick, you'd like coffee chat and then you're gone. This is the two of them sitting on a mountain to get there for an hour with nothing to do but talk, Yeah, right, and take pictures of each other. Was there anything in the conversation that happened there that might be a little bit of a red flag for him?
Speaker 5: I don't think so. I mean we were talking about all different topics, like a lot of gym talk, you know, just experience in the gym and what kind of different activities we like, and a little bit about family stuff, and I mean we weren't talking about like getting married and having kids, if that's what you mean, Oh why not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you sprayed your ankle, how many kids do you want to?
Speaker 2: Well, okay, this is going to be an interesting one. We're going to call Troy for you, and first I mean see if he answers the phone, well, just.
Speaker 3: See if he needs his little boobooz kissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe that's where Yes, hopefully, thank you.
Speaker 2: Maybe hopefully this phone is within reaching distance and we're gonna find out reach out right after this second date update.
Speaker 4: You're in the middle of.
Speaker 1: A second date update update, and we're gonna find out how the couple is doing right after you here part two.
Speaker 2: If you're just joining us, we're in the middle of a tense, heart pumping, ankle throbbing second date update with Laura. Heart pumping because she went on a romantic mountain hike with a guy named Troy. Ankle throbbing because Troy fell and sprained his ankle on the walk down the hill. Troy it was so bad he couldn't make it down on his own, so Laura had to call out for help until medics could arrive. Stayed with him the whole time, kept him calm, gave him mouth to mouth, and after all of that, after saving his life and snatching him from the jaws of death, Troy has the gall to ghost her.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, maybe she had bad breath during that mouth to mouth session.
Speaker 2: I don't care. I'm just gonna say it. Troy is a giant bee, big baby, okay, and I am dying to hear what he has to say. And he why to Jeff, what if any kute woodland animal he saw it has to report on? Or are you with me?
Speaker 5: I don't think he's like a big baby.
Speaker 1: He got hurt, come on, gosh, so forgiving as anyone thought. Maybe he's upset that you talked all this big talk about the gym, but then we're too weak to piggyback him all the way back to the car.
Speaker 2: You can expect that we're dragging him down.
Speaker 1: I don't know I would have done it, my dad says, I'm good German working stock. I'm built to carry heavy things.
Speaker 2: Why do you have to work that into every single second date update that we do. And we're not even going to bring that up to Troy if he answers the phone, because we don't want to get too excited about it. But let's see if he picks up, we're gonna dial his number right now here we go.
Speaker 5: Thanks you guys.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey is this Troy? It is Oh Troy?
Speaker 1: Wow, job, you'd be nice Troy.
Speaker 5: Hello, confusing.
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding, man. We're we're doing something on our show. We hope you'll stick around and be a part of it. It's called second Date Update okay before No, I haven't okay. It's where we help out our listeners who have gone out on a date with somebody and a second meetup hasn't happened yet. We try and help facilitate it or figure out why the other person doesn't want to okay, And that seems to be the situation, at least according to one of our listeners named Laura. You met the other day.
Speaker 6: She reached out to you.
Speaker 1: Yes, dude, it sounds like you had a crazy hike where you got injured.
Speaker 3: We heard all about it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's been texting me a whole bunch.
Speaker 5: I don't know if I'm feeling.
Speaker 6: It, to be honest with you, that's kind of why I didn't reach back out to her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what she was a why. That's the confusing part to her because she essentially saved you from the brink of death.
Speaker 3: She did not say that.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying that the thought crossed her mind to leave you on that mountain to fend for yourself, but she did do a lot to help.
Speaker 3: She did after you sprained your ankle.
Speaker 6: I think you guys have the story wrong. It's that's what you guys really think happened.
Speaker 2: Okay, well wrong exactly. Sorry, I'm understanding part. Yeah, I'm just frustrated because we're we're friends of Laura's and we really just want to help her out. So if you could maybe explain your side of it.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know what she told you exactly, but my ankle was banged up. I mean, you guys are laughing about it, but it was pretty bad, like.
Speaker 5: It was swollen immediately I couldn't knock on it.
Speaker 1: She said that she felt really bad for you. I know we're laughing, but that's just because that's what we do.
Speaker 2: Obvious you couldn't even hobble bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's why she called everybody she knew.
Speaker 3: Got emergency services.
Speaker 6: Up there, yeah, kind of. She didn't have service or whatever, and neither did I. So she said she's gonna walk down the trail a little bit until she gets serviced. She disappeared for at least a half an hour. She came back. She was all excited and I was like, okay, good, did you find somebody on the trail. She said, no, no, no, I called an uber.
Speaker 3: You don't need a car, you someone to carry you down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one hundred percent, that's what I said to her, and she basically was like, oh I didn't think about that. Was like, yeah, I can't drive up the mountain to just come pick me up in the cars. That's not how this works.
Speaker 1: Oh, come on, give her the benefit. You know, some people don't think well in emergency situations.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were talking about it, and basically I was trying to advise her, Look, call EMTs, call emergency service. So she did do that, which is nice. And while we were sitting there waiting, she said that she figured out how to make like a homemade tourniquit for my leg. So she wanted to get some sticks and branches and wrap up my leg.
Speaker 5: Or something like that.
Speaker 6: You know, it was like being stuck out there with Nurse Ratchet the mountain.
Speaker 2: Urse Ratchet like she didn't do a good job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I didn't need a tourniquit. I had a sprain ankle, all right. I wasn't losing any blurt or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Sure, but it couldn't hurt.
Speaker 3: It actually could hurt a lot. It cuts off your circulation.
Speaker 2: It was a preventive, a preventative tournique, just in case something got worse.
Speaker 3: I mean, at the end of the day, she's trying. She's not a medical expert. She's doing her best. You can't even give her that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, her best was just shockingly bad, that's all.
Speaker 1: Maybe, Okay, Well, I feel.
Speaker 2: Like maybe she was panicked a little freaked out in the moment, just like you were doing whatever she could think of to try and help you out. And you don't have to take that from me. You can listen to Laura right now because she's on the other line waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Wait, are you serious, she's been listening the whole time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how the segment works.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: Sorry, yeah, it's me, nurse Ratchet doing how you feeling.
Speaker 2: She's really a nurse. I'm gonna say sorry now.
Speaker 1: Huh's should not apologize?
Speaker 6: Come on, Laura, you know it was being you were in charge of the water. I mean, what was going on with the water, remember that?
Speaker 2: What was she doing?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I was in charge of bringing water on the hike and I got a smoothies instead.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 5: I drank my smoothie and then it was like so yummy that I wound up drinking Choice smoothie too, because there was an easy hike and we'd be down the mountain pretty quickly and then I could just get water when we got to the bottom.
Speaker 2: No big deal, Nurse Ratchet, Well, she needed the extra nutrients to go search for help. He was just sitting there on the ground.
Speaker 5: I'm not like the best outdoorsman or outdoors woman or whatever you call it. I'm not a lumber black. I'm not a medic like I did what came to mind in the spur of the moment. And also like some ubers do have four wheel drives, so like that part's not on home.
Speaker 6: This again, the four wheel drive thing again.
Speaker 5: Come on, no they don't.
Speaker 1: It's does that mean you already brought up that point while you guys the mountains.
Speaker 6: He talks about it for like ten minutes already.
Speaker 2: When it's gonna be a hummer, they can get all over like every type of terrain. Bro this is at least endearing, and she's just trying. It's not get it, But she's cute.
Speaker 1: She's cute, she's got good energy.
Speaker 6: Come on, Laura, I will say if you do go outdoors with any of your friends or family, God help them.
Speaker 2: Oh it's a really sweet thing to say. He basically blessed her and her entire family whenever they're gone adventures together. Troy, I'm feeling some sort of shift in you, like you're wanting to say yes to another date with Laura, especially when we offer to pay for it.
Speaker 5: I mean, we can like go to the city and like ran a scooter. I'm pretty sure both of us can fit on it.
Speaker 3: Injury.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, maybe make a reservation at the er ahead of time before the date happens.
Speaker 3: Is that how the works, just in case you know your.
Speaker 2: Reservation in a row.
Speaker 6: Look, I don't want to be mister pessimistic, so if we can keep it inside. I did have a good time with you at the moment where I was dying, So yeah, let's give it another shot.
Speaker 2: That's not funny, that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of cute, Troy.
Speaker 2: You're going on a date with Nurse Ratchet.
Speaker 6: Good for you, I hope not. Oh my god, I hope.
Speaker 5: And I'll bring my tourniquet.
Speaker 3: Well, oh wow, he's not bleeding.
Speaker 2: I think I thin it's kind of a freaky thing that she's into. You guys, have.
Speaker 5: Fun, okay, freaking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 2: That second date update happened months ago, and now Troy and Laura are back to give us an update on their situation.
Speaker 3: So waiting first.
Speaker 2: Hey, fancy meeting you two here. Welcome back to the show.
Speaker 5: Hi, thank you so good to be back.
Speaker 1: No one's broken, right, everybody's bodies are working the way they should.
Speaker 2: That's a normal question.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everything's functional.
Speaker 6: We're all good.
Speaker 2: It's good to hear. So what's new in your relationship? What's happened since we last spoke to you.
Speaker 5: So, as you remember, we had a little trouble on the mountain last time, but we decided for the next couple of dates that we would stay indoors, and we did so.
Speaker 1: I like that he gave up on his interests of the outdoors and just went inside for you climbing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he lives in a bubble.
Speaker 5: I eventually enticed him to go back outside.
Speaker 3: Oh you did, That's what I want to know. How did that go well?
Speaker 5: I did, in fact find another fantastic sealthy spot.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, I was worried.
Speaker 3: That's what I've been stressed about from you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm hoping, I mean, we're all hoping that nothing bad happened on that date that required medical attention. Right, No, everything went good, good news.
Speaker 6: We definitely didn't need to call the ants. Unfortunately, we did have to call the cops by the end of the evening.
Speaker 2: Wait what why why?
Speaker 6: Well, we got back from the hike and somebody broke into our car.
Speaker 2: I hate that.
Speaker 3: It happens all the time. Yeah, the trailheads. You can't leave anything in your car or Brooke.
Speaker 2: Will open your car and take it. There was anything taken from your car?
Speaker 5: Well, no, luckily nothing was stolen. I mean I had my little purse with me and my selfie six, so everything was there.
Speaker 2: Take all the value. So you two sound like you're in a in a pretty good place.
Speaker 6: Yeah, everything is going pretty good. But we signed up for a E M T CPR class together.
Speaker 3: Smart.
Speaker 1: I thought for sure she was going to enroll you in how to take a good selfie class.
Speaker 2: That's probably next.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, that's definitely next.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, awesome to hear that you too are still together and having a good time and planning for the future dates, not to get too much trouble.
Speaker 3: Planning for the future dates and future accidents.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Either way, definitely keep us updated, stay in touch and appreciate you guys reaching out well do thank you guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah,