Speaker 1: Hey, it's Delilah. Thank you for stopping by. I have put together some of my favorite radio moments here to share with you on our daily podcast through.
Speaker 2: Time.
Speaker 1: Time is something I've spoken about often, something songs are written about. Time is a gift no matter where you find yourself. We've been trained to think of time as a clock or a calendar. We look at our phones now to see what time it is. We're on a schedule, but it's not a clock, it's not a calendar. I think we all learn that during the COVID shutdown, time needs to be viewed through the lens of precious moments, of experiences of staying in the precious present with those that you love. Don't just count the days, don't just count the hours. Make the days, make the hours count by living fully.
Speaker 2: Hi, Jennifer, Hi, thank you for taking the time to write. How are you good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm wonderful you sent us a beautiful story that you wrote about some time with your grandpa. Yeah, could you share with our listeners what you wrote to me about?
Speaker 3: Sure? My grandparents were nearing their fiftieth anniversary and as a family, we decided to take a trip to Ireland. My grandfather had a heart condition and a really bad knee, and he decided that he wasn't going to have surgery until they could take care of both. So when we went to Ireland, it was kind of a real quest for all of us. He accidentally forgot to bring his nitro patches, though, so as we made our way around the country, he wasn't able to do a lot of the things that we were able to do. And when we got to Blarney Castle, we all got to go up inside the castle and kiss the stone because that's up on the top, and he just kind of wandered around taking video of the grounds, which is absolutely beautiful. And when we got done kissing the stone, we came down and started making our way towards the bus, and of course my grandfather wasn't keeping up, so I hung back and I told him that I loved him very much and that it would mean a lot to me if he would have the surgery, because I wanted him to be around when I got married and you know, when my sisters and I started having children, and he made a promise to me that he would do that. Unfortunately he didn't, and he died about six months before I get married. And now when I think of him, I just envisioned him on top of Blarney Castle, seeing all the sights that we were able to see in the beauty of the land, and I know that he's looking over me.
Speaker 2: Well, I know you're missing your grandpa terribly, but I'm so glad that God gave you that time with him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was amazing and I remember it always.
Speaker 2: Well, cherish that memory in your heart and let me find a song to honor Grandpa. Thank you God, bless you you, Delilah, Thank.
Speaker 5: You for calling. This is Delilah, who's with me on the phone line.
Speaker 6: Hi, Delilah, this is Lauren.
Speaker 2: Lauren, what can I do for you?
Speaker 6: I'd like to have you do a dedication to my son, Michael. He's seven years old. Sorry, I'm just a little choked up over thinking about him. We've been going through some rough times right now, trying to buy a new house and stuff, and he's been kind of forgotten about, not gotten much attention lately. And he made a comment to me today that just kind of, you know, MIDlet of rough deal with say that I don't play with him anymore and busy computers and trying to find the house and trying to fight finance, and he listened to see every night, even make comments before about say can you get a dedication to the Delilah you know, and said I'll try sometime, you know. So I thought, I'm trying to give him a call tonight, see if there's some way you can said something out to him.
Speaker 5: So you're feeling a little guilty, like maybe priorities weren't where they should have been.
Speaker 6: Yeah, at times, try to get him a kind of situation that we're in now. It's where he can't.
Speaker 5: I understand that, but it sounds like what he's saying is I appreciate Dad that you're doing all this for us, But right now I just need a hug.
Speaker 2: I just need to throw a ball. I just need to sit on your lap. I just need to play a game of cards. I just need your.
Speaker 6: Attention exactly exactly.
Speaker 2: So you go focus on that and I'll find a song for you.
Speaker 6: I just set it out to Michael, You're seven years old. She's just my whole life.
Speaker 2: I'll do that, honey.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Hi, you've called the Delilah Show.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 8: My name is Lisa.
Speaker 2: Hi, Lisa thank you for listening to my show.
Speaker 8: Thank you. I just love your show, Delilah.
Speaker 2: What can I do for you tonight?
Speaker 8: I'm actually calling to see if you could play a song for my grandmothers. She just passed away last night, not totally unexpected. We knew it was coming, that she's been sick for a while and she was in the hospital for a few days here, so we knew it was coming. But we're sure going to miss her. She was in a really amazing lady.
Speaker 2: So how old was grandma?
Speaker 8: Grandma was eighty five.
Speaker 2: And what are some of your favorite memories?
Speaker 8: I have to say, probably one of my most favorite memories is baking with her. And we used to make something called monkey bread together and it was this delicious cinnamon sugar bread that was fun to make but also fun to eat, and that was just something we both really really enjoyed doing.
Speaker 2: What a wonderful treat.
Speaker 5: Yes, is there a song that brings Backgroundma's memories to your heart that you want to hear?
Speaker 8: Nothing really specific. I mean, she was just an amazing lady. She was you know, she was a very tough, toughly but she was also very warm hearted, loving, giving, cheering person. So nothing specific, but I know you always took perfect songs, So let.
Speaker 2: Me find a great song in her memory. God bless you perfect.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Julilah, Hi, good evening. This is Delilah Molly. How can I help you?
Speaker 9: I just want to tell you a little bit about my dad and why he's special to me.
Speaker 2: Tell me all about Daddy.
Speaker 10: He is this really unique guy who he can just pull anything happy out, anything sad. And we were looking for something that we could be together in. And he knows that I really love to sing and I really love to act.
Speaker 2: So how old are you? I'm eleven and you love to perform?
Speaker 9: Yes I do.
Speaker 2: God has given you the heart of an actress.
Speaker 9: Yes he has, and I'm thankful for it.
Speaker 4: That's great. So you love to sing, you love to perform. So what special thing did Dad pull off?
Speaker 9: He looked through the paper and he found a play that we could be in together. So he wasn't planning on being in and at first, but then they needed more actors, so he got involved in. That was our first play together and we were an Annie and now we have Jeff Been and another one together. And the reason why I really love being in The play with my dad is that every night when we go home, we listen to you, and we talk and we laugh, and we get to spend some quality time together. And I'm lucky that I have a special dad who can think of of things like that.
Speaker 2: You are very lucky.
Speaker 4: You're also very lucky to get to spend so much time with dad. I am so glad that you got such a wonderful family.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and good luck with your acting career, young lady. I hope to see the name Molly and Light someday.
Speaker 4: Me too, Okay, I so hope you will enjoyed these radio moments.
Speaker 2: As much as I enjoy bringing them to you.
Speaker 1: I'll share more with you each weekday on a It's Delilah