Speaker 1: A recap of Chris's trip to Milwaukee, fresh turmoil and tumult in Golden State, surrounding Draymond Green, the latest on the sale.
Speaker 2: Of the Minnesota Timberwolves, that is now the non sale of the Minnesota Timberwolves, and the afore mentioned Chris Haynes. He's got stories for us, involving Malik Beasley, involving Lebron James, and involving home life. All of that is next. You're on the latest edition of This League Uncut.
Speaker 3: Welcome to this league cut in the rule of twenty four hour NBA.
Speaker 4: News You, Chris Hanes. Let's go time, Cork time, Chris time. This leaguean cut is underway in fire. It should be a good one.
Speaker 2: Hey everyone, welcome in to another edition of This League Uncut. Mark Stein here with Chris Haynes. We are recording late Thursday night before a pretty stacked Friday schedule of games in the NBA. But honestly, this whole week, as tends to happen this time of year, it's been pretty chaotic. There's been crazy stuff happening day after day after day. Thursday, even with only two games on the schedule, a very eventful Bucks loss at New Orleans and Atlanta with another win over the Boston Celtics, this one in overtime and another crazy ending forty four shots for Dejonte Murray en route to forty four points. But the Hawks will take it another victory over the Celtics with.
Speaker 3: No Trey Young.
Speaker 2: But first, I think before we proceed into all of the madness happening around the league, Chris Haynes, Welcome back to Sacramento. You are home in time for a Friday night quite a quite a Friday night game in your home city. The Kings will be playing host to the Mavericks in the second half of a two game baseball series after the MAVs probably played their best game all season running away from the Kings in the first game Tuesday night. We'll see how the MAVs coped with two nights of Sacramento nightlife because there's this two day break in between the games.
Speaker 3: All Right, I babbled on too long. How was you were in Milwaukee for most of the week? How was it?
Speaker 5: Weather was Okay, it didn't snow, so no complaints there. But obviously that was a great game, double overtime. It looked like we were head to triple overtime at one point, but Lakers came back. I believe they were down by nineteen in the second half, came back and got that huge victory on the road with no Lebron James. That was definitely a fun night. Fun night for sure, good atmosphere to be a part of in Milwaukee, and it's funny.
Speaker 6: So Steyne.
Speaker 5: So I've been a couple of last couple of games, I've actually been sitting depending on the arena. So sometimes you know, they'll have the sideline reporters sitting at the scorers table, but some arenas they'll have you like tucked in a corner where it's like a bad view. And when that happens, typically I'll I'll get a seat and I'll sit next to the broadcast crew, which was last game, it was Spiral Deats and Reggie Miller. So I'm sitting right next to Reggie, and it's it's funny and interesting to see Reggie do his thing, like sitting right next to him. He's standing up, he's getting up like he's he's pointing, he's doing it all. He's like he's real theatric uh when he's calling the game. And then you know, at a certain point, Like so, now I'm sitting there to his right, and so when there's like a big shot.
Speaker 6: About the there's about.
Speaker 5: To be a big moment, he's grabbing my shoulder and squeezing it hard and getting up and he's just using me as a prop. And so it was just cool, cool to see the game up close and personal.
Speaker 6: You know. Ass he's calling the game, So that was a treat.
Speaker 2: So they don't mind when you slide a chair right next to the right, next to their little table.
Speaker 3: They're good with it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I do that. You know, I do that occasionally throughout the season. But you know, I'm not right, you know, I'm you know, so like if sometimes you know, the camera shows a two shot of the broadcast crew. Some you know, I make sure I'm out of sight where you can't see me there. But yeah, for the most for you know, sometimes I say on the side of them, and it's just cool to watch them in their element do their thing.
Speaker 2: What was the mood in that building when the Bucks let a nineteen point lead slip. This hasn't been you know, they had turned things around. They were playing really well, and I think in the grand scheme of things. They still are in a much better place than they were before the coaching change. But to lose such a big lead to the Lakers when Lebron James is in street cloths, you know, that certainly raises some eyebrows and gets people chattering about the Bucks potential shortcomings and vulnerabilities. What's the mood around that team right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, they just lost Thursday night. They lost to New Orleans in New Orleans. You know, that was a game they that they were well with it, that was well within their grafts. So it's not looking good right now. The mood in that locker room, what was that Tuesday night? You know, it was what you would expect. It was very quiet. You know, guys had scattered out. There weren't many in there to begin with, you know, when the media was allowed in, you know, you know, of course, you know, I talked to Dame after the game, and you know, he said it was one of those games. He had an offshoot night. So that's just one of those games.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 5: You gotta look, you gotta quickly look to the next turn the page. And uh but yeah, I mean I think overall they haven't lost confidence I think they still believe that they're forced to be reckoned with come playoff time, but they definitely need some more time to come together, and particularly the big three of Dame Giannis and Chris Middleton. Those those three haven't had a lot of time to play significant minutes together, so this is going to take some time.
Speaker 2: Well, the good news for the Bucks is despite all of these ups and downs through the regular season, they're still the number two seed. I mean, both the Bucks and the Celtics lost on this Thursday night that we're recording on, so the Celtics still have an eleven game lead. The Celtics are obviously going to win. They've already clinched the top seed in the East, and I do think the Bucks hang on to number two, though the Knicks are within a game and a half. Even though the Knicks have had their share of injury woes with Julius Randall being out so long and ogn and Obi clearly still plagued by an elbow issue, I think the Bucks are going to hang on to that number two seed in the East.
Speaker 3: The Knicks could move up.
Speaker 2: Cleveland's done a really good job dealing with injuries for the bulk of the season, But now that we get near the regular season finish line, I think it's been harder for them, and they've you know, they it's been harder for them to win shorthanded recently, although it sounds like Donovan Mitchell is going to be back as early as Friday for them, which they obviously need.
Speaker 3: But yeah, look the East.
Speaker 2: We focused so much on the West, but the East it really is just as interesting with you know, we talked about this the last time we did this pod, and you basically said you didn't think that Miami or Philly could. I think he just said Philly that you were doubting Philly could get out of the play in zone. And the Sixers still stuck down at number eight, fuming and with justification it would appear about the way their loss to the Clippers ended and the officiating in that game. Kelly Oubre certainly made his feelings known in a way we won't soon forget. I guess the ray of hope for the Sixers, you know, Nick Nurse said he does. I think very good likelihood was the phrase he used to describe the idea of Joel Embiid making it back into the Sixers lineup.
Speaker 3: Before the end of the regular season. Only nine games to.
Speaker 2: Go though for the six Ers to work Embiid back in before the play in. But yeah, just looking at the standings to see Miami in seventh and Philly in eighth.
Speaker 3: And Indiana hanging on.
Speaker 2: At number six. I mean, if Miami and Philly end up in the play and that's just crazy. And look, the Hawks, the Hawks are starting to put things together.
Speaker 5: So the Bucks have the Hawks Necks on their three game road trip, and there's a chance game might not play that game, potentially for personal reasons.
Speaker 6: So that's something to look out for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So look, there's tons in the East as well as the West if we're going to do scoreboard watching, if we're going to analyze the standings. But one of the other major developments this week that crazy Wednesday night for the Warriors in Orlando, the night you were in Milwaukee. The Warriors won in Miami, but the Heat were severely shorthanded. So second night of a back to back, the Warriors are in Orlando, Draymond Green gets tossed inside five minutes, the second first quarter ejection of his career, which, if my memory is right, that's never happened I don't know where exactly you works. I know yesterday was a travel day, but I'm guessing you saw the clip of how emotional Stephan Curry was when Draymond Green was ejected. He pulled it together by the end hit the dagger put him to sleep shot. But what was the Chris Haynes reaction when you saw that clip of Steph struggling to contain himself, let's say, right after Draymond Green got ejected.
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly didn't know what to make of it when I initially saw it. Definitely raw emotions. I don't think I've ever seen that type of display, not just from Steph, from any player in a situation like that. There's Steph, you know, he kind of addressed it after the game and saying like, you know, this is an important time right now. We need all of our guys into the fold because we understand what we're up against right now. So I just looking, you know, looking at those raw emotions and the way he just left it all out there. I think it details exactly the urgency and the struggle that they're up against.
Speaker 6: And then to Draymond, you know, you just wonder, like when it's enough enough. It's tough. You know, the.
Speaker 5: Warriors, they know him better than than anybody else, and you know they want to make sure that Draymond doesn't lose his edge. You know, he plays with edge. You don't want to take that away from him. But that edge has also gotten him in the team in trouble and put them in compromising situations. It wasn't a good look. It wasn't a good look considering the circumstances. So you know, it's just tough. It's like you just wonder, like when is enough, Like is there something else that needs to be done?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, it was so shocking, and it's hard because you don't want to try to step into Stephan Curry's head and say definitively, yes it was about A, B and C, because really only Steph knows, and he didn't expound on it that much. But just if we're going to try to observe it and play armchair psychologist, I mean, to me, it just looked like the enormity of the season, the occasion, how much pressure that these repeated Draymond absences and situations, how much tougher that has made it for the Warriors, who are now. I mean, it was only a couple of weeks ago the Warriors were hoping that they could still get into the mix for a six seed. Right now, they are hanging on for dear life at number ten in the West because the Houston Rockets absolutely refuse to lose a basketball game. Ten wins in a row for the Rockets, eight of them without Alpa and Shengoon, who is widely considered the Rocket's best player, although the way Fresno's Jalen Green has been playing, I don't know, we might have to revisit that description because Jalen Green continues to play the best basketball of his career with Houston playing faster. They got Jabari Smith Junior back from suspension to step into the five for Shengoon and man emeo Odoka. This is only Emo udoka second season as a coach.
Speaker 3: In the NBA.
Speaker 2: In March of his one season in Boston, the Celtics went eleven and three. In March of his first season in Houston, the Rockets are eleven and one. There is no coach in America, college or NBA who likes March better than Ema Udoka. So tons and tons of pressure on Golden State to just hang on to a playing spot at this point, because the Lakers have won five in a row and have put some distance between them and the Warriors. Lakers at the nine seed, Warriors at the ten seed. And look, Stephen Curry's care factor is fifteen out of ten, and I think we all saw that. But man, this is just this has been seventy two games in for the Warriors. This has been a really, really, really long season. And even if they are able to hang on to a play and spot at this point and hold the Rockets off, I mean, how far are they really going?
Speaker 6: How far are they really going?
Speaker 5: You say, if they're able to get into the playoffs start, is that what you're saying?
Speaker 2: They got to secure the play in spot first, And just yeah, you know, we always do this every time we get together and just talk about it. You know, again, going into Friday's play you got Phoenix at seven, Sacramento at eight, Lakers at nine, Warriors at ten. If Sacramento beats the Mavericks at home on Friday night, Sacramento jumps back into the top six and the.
Speaker 3: Suns are all over the place.
Speaker 2: But just as we speak, as we stand, I mean you're playing matchup. The Warriors are going to have to beat the Lakers and then play the seven eight loser just to get to the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I mean that is a that in itself is a tall order. And then you know, if the Warriors do all that, they're.
Speaker 2: Probably looking at the Nuggets because I think the Nuggets are going to win the West, so just getting in the playoffs it's brutal. And yes, I think the Warriors are a sneaky, tough matchup for the Nuggets. I don't think the Nuggets particularly like having to defend the Warriors with all the movement that Stephen Curry imposes on another team and forces them to deal with. The Warriors actually are not afraid of that matchup. But you know, is that how you would want to start a playoff run if you're the Warriors. Great got to win an away game against the Lakers, and then beat the seven eight loser and then likely first round series against the defending champions with four of the seven games in Denver's altitude, I don't know, not a very appealing roadmap.
Speaker 5: It's not definitely not the way you want to go into the postseason with those type of obstacles ahead of you. But Golden State and the Lakers are two scary teams that I would think will pump fear in most teams in the Western Conference. Not to say that the Warriors or Lakers will be favorite favorites in any matchup, but just the fact that there's history, there's championship pedigree, there's experience, and those factors I would think would instill some fear. So I would I would still think they will be a scary out.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing I feel most confident about when we talk about the Warriors, like you knew this was going to happen, and look, there is no defense.
Speaker 3: Draymond cannot be getting kicked out of.
Speaker 2: A crucial road game that the clock hasn't even reached the five minute mark. I mean, it's unacceptable on a lot of levels. But like anyone who thinks that this is some sort of last straw or the Warriors are going to get sick of him him, or.
Speaker 3: He's gonna lose, like he ain't gonna lose.
Speaker 2: Stephen Curry's support Draymond Green to me, is going nowhere. And you know, in the moment, was there considerable frustration from Stephen Curry and Warriors coaches.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there was tons, but like.
Speaker 2: I really am not looking at this as some sort of last straw.
Speaker 5: Moment of all the potential last straw moments. What just happened in Orlando is not to compare to what we've already witnessed. We've seen some real situations with dray Bond that you probably would think should have been the last straw moment. Getting ejected in Orlando in the first quarter doesn't even qualify as some of the real potential last defining moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think we're in agreement on that one. All right, Let's shift gears to another headline grabbing story. It emerged Thursday that the Minnesota Timberwolves in the end are not going to be sold to Mark Lauri and Alex Rodriguez, so says longtime Timberwolves owner Glenn Taylor. The Wolves had basically it was an end of March deadline for Mark Lare and Alex Rodriguez to make the final payment needed to assume majority control of both the Timberwolves and the WNBA's Minnesota Lynx.
Speaker 3: But well it's in dispute, of course.
Speaker 2: The Lorre Rodriguez side said they did meet all the requirements, the Glen Taylor side insisting they did not meet all the financial requirements. But look to be honest, and it's funny this week helping us. Actually, for the last two weeks Minnesota Tim has been pinch producing for us, and he is a long time Wolves fan and not the only Wolves fan in our organization. But I think even pinch producing Tim, like me, was not at all surprised by these developments. Honestly, from the moment this arrangement was introduced, was it two years ago? Glenn Taylor struck me as a reluctant seller of the team then. I don't think he really wanted to sell the Timberwolves then. And there have been questions and doubts about the Lori Rodriguez side of this being able to finance the purchase of the team.
Speaker 3: I mean, there have.
Speaker 2: Been doubts for ages and from the lore and Rodriguez side. They came out today and said that seller's remorse on Glenn Taylor's part is at the heart of all this. And yeah, the value established when this sale was agreed upon was only one point five billion. That's way low for an NBA franchise sale. So even though Glen Taylor was adamant in speaking to multiple media outlets Thursday, Glen Taylor said, over and over to anyone in the Minneapolis media who would listen, that the team is not for sale. He doesn't want to turn around and sell to someone else, and now he wants to keep the team and run it and retain his majority ownership. The suspicion is there's certainly a curiosity. Let's say, there's a lot of questions percolating wondering was the real motivation here that now Taylor wants to sell at a much higher valuation, because obviously the Wolves, had they gone on the open market today, would be valued in a lot more than one point five billion. So that's the long background of all this. But you know, then there's the question of here are the Wolves in the midst of arguably the best season in franchise history, and now they've got to deal with this potential distraction. How do you think the team will deal with these kind of headlines in this kind of story.
Speaker 5: Honestly, Stein, I don't think it matters much to them. Doesn't change what they do their preparation. You know they're trying to No, I don't see it being a distraction at all for the team. Does a Ross still come to game? Does he still have that court side seat? Is he still a Timberwolves fan? What did things stand with him and his fan hood?
Speaker 6: Know?
Speaker 7: Stan, Now, I'm hoping you've got a Wolves game or two left on the schedule so you can track him down, because I think if they want to make people think that they did everything right and had the money they needed and still want this team, I guess he still has to go.
Speaker 6: You know, that'd be awkward.
Speaker 5: That'd be awkward, you know, because he was sitting in those seats with the thoughts that he would be the owner coming up soon. Does pride getting you away from here on out? Like? You know, I could see him, you know, taking off from here. But I will say to Stean, throughout this process, the selling process, you know, I kept hearing rumors about like payments being laid, you know, giving Alex and his team a little bit more time to come up with a payment. You know, I was hearing rumbles like I don't know if that's something you were hearing as well, but I was hearing rumbles like about that throughout the process. So if those were concrete rumbles. Then that means that this final straw was just that that it had to been other instances of Glenn Taylor just feeling like this process was going playing out way too way too you know, too long, longer than expected or anticipated. He probably felt like he's given many opportunities, he's given a couple more extensions, and he probably felt like this process wasn't going the way it should have been. And then to your point too about the evaluation like that he probably could get more now on the market.
Speaker 6: You know, maybe that does play a factor as well.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I mean I'm not I wasn't surprised when I when I heard the news of this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And look, Sid, I don't think there was much surprise around the league about this. I think it's kind of been There have been suspicions from the start that this would be potentially what happened here, because again, you know, I think the initial kind of talk was that.
Speaker 3: Glenn Taylor.
Speaker 2: Was initially looking for a buyer because you know, he's obviously getting up there in age, he's been running this team forever and reportedly there wasn't any significant interest within his family for taking the Wolves over. So meeting a succession plan. You know, he had been seeking new ownership struck this deal with Lori and Rodriguez. But again, from the minute this deal happened, there were questions about the Lori Rodriguez tandem and whether they would be able to meet all the financial stipulations of this agreement.
Speaker 3: And I guess it's three years, almost three years now that it's that this has been percolating.
Speaker 2: And you know, when you read some of Glenn Taylor's statements Thursday, it's clear why he doesn't want to step aside.
Speaker 3: He wants to.
Speaker 2: Keep running this team. And again, this Wolve's team. It's arguably the best team they've ever had. As we've talked about on this podcast before, both with Chris Finch and Mike Conley recent guests, in thirty four previous seasons of Timberwolves basketball, only one of those thirty four teams has ever gotten out of the first round. In two thousand and four with KG and Sam Cassell and your beloved Latrell Spree, well, they got to the Western Conference finals and that's it. That team won two playoff rounds, lost in the conference finals. No other Timberwolves team has ever won so much as a first round series. And then there's this team with the Anthony Edwards still winning games without Karl Anthony Towns, one of three fifty win teams in the West, one of only four to fifty win teams in.
Speaker 3: The whole league.
Speaker 2: And you know, they've led the West for nearly one hundred days during the season for a franchise that has I think it was ten days. They had held the number one seed as a franchise only ten days in thirty four years coming into this season. So they have this really good team, and I look, I tend to agree with you. I don't think it's going to cause an immediate distraction. I don't think this current team is going to get too hung up about this. But in the offseason, I mean, the Wolves have major, major, major financial decisions to deal with with how expensive this team is getting, and so they need clarity on the ownership situation sooner rather than like, so, yeah, short term, is it really a big deal for the players who have had such a great season.
Speaker 3: Probably not, But I think.
Speaker 2: It won't be long before this does become a pretty significant story.
Speaker 3: Any more, Wolves on your schedule.
Speaker 5: So my final two games of the regular season next week I have the Kings at the Knicks next Thursday, and then the final regular season game is a King's home game. They play let me see, they play New Orleans Pelicans. So those are the final two games in the regular season. But I do have I do have the first playing game for the Western Conference, whichever matchup that is.
Speaker 2: And I think you said you will be representing this league uncut as opposed to a TNT assignment. But Friday night King's playing host to the map Rick, you are going to represent this league uncut at that game with huge playoff implications at Golden One Center.
Speaker 5: No, that's that should be a really good game. The Kings are looking for a bounce back performance. No, I'll be there.
Speaker 2: How much trouble you think the MAVs got into these last two nights in Sacramento.
Speaker 5: In Sacramento, yeah, you act like you act like we in Miami.
Speaker 6: So I think they are fine. Yeah, I'll think a lot of room service.
Speaker 3: I think I think they're fine.
Speaker 6: I think.
Speaker 2: Before we go and look, you know there's another huge you know, speaking to the Timberwolves, there's another huge game Friday night Minnesota at Denver, the first of two more games where the the Nuggets are hosting the Timberwolves before the end of this regular season, so I know the focus is on the college game right now. The college game has invaded my city. Spoke to your colleague Grant Hill today. Of course, by the time this pod airs, Grant will probably be heading to the arena for Houston against Duke on Friday night, huge game here in Dallas. He was disappointed with me to hear that I will not be attending Houston against Duke.
Speaker 3: I am not going to make it there.
Speaker 2: I will be feverishly preparing for my Saturday morning radio show, which there will be some NCAA coverage since we've got Sweet sixteen and the Elite eight here in my city. But man, there's just the focus.
Speaker 3: Is on the colleges right now.
Speaker 2: But the NBA, the night tonight madness, chaos, jockeying for seeds.
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty wild myself.
Speaker 5: Before we get out of here, Stein, let me empty the clip a little bit. This is something I didn't get to bring up.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: It was a cool It was a cool family oriented story that I didn't get to mention. During the broadcast of the game. I was working the Bucks Lakers game last Tuesday. So on Tuesday, Malik Beasley's son, Micah, that was his birthday. On that day, he turned five years old and the one birthday present he wanted from his dad was for his dad to hit five.
Speaker 6: Threes for him in the game.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they hit five threes for the game.
Speaker 3: That's a high bar.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is a high bar.
Speaker 5: At Malik got test fifth three in the second overtime period and at one point star At one point during the game, Maleek had looked over to me because again I'm sitting over there by Reggie.
Speaker 6: He looked over to me. He said, what I got? What I got? What I got?
Speaker 5: And I had to I had to point he had he had four at the time, So I had to point four figures throughout it at the time. But uh, you know it was a losing effort, but uh, that was pretty cool. He was able to get his son the birthday gift he wanted his son, his son, Micah turned five, he was able to get make five threes for him.
Speaker 2: So you're playing scoreboard for Malik Beasley, You're texting Lebron.
Speaker 3: You were active on tam.
Speaker 5: Oh Lebron Lebron that came about so okay, you know, so Lebron, we knew Lebron wasn't playing that morning, Tuesday morning, and so I go to shoot around and Lebron is there, but you know he's in He's in street clothes, you know, sweats and stuff like that. Wouldn't say street clothes, but sweats and everything. You know, he didn't he didn't participate in shoot around and and you know he was he wasn't available for media, and so I asked him out, you know, you know, you know how I go pull Bron to side, Hey, Bron, man, come on, man, you know I need something on you.
Speaker 6: Help a brother, I need something on you. You know.
Speaker 5: He started laughing and everything, and we was talking for a little bit. But he was like, I'll get something for you before the game. I'll get something for you. So that's what he said. So I'm like, okay, all, I appreciate it, Bron. So I'm thinking that, you know, I got to try to find him. So, you know how with star players like well Stian, you know, so let me explain for everybody else, like when star players aren't playing that day, but they have to be in the building, they have to sell on the bench now, but they can show up at the arena whenever they want to. There is no obligation, no stupid so they're not coming in with the team. And so my thing was like, damn, So you know, I have a lot of obligations. I got people to talk to before the game, and so I'm like, Damn, Now I gotta i gotta chase Lebron.
Speaker 6: I gotta figure out when he's gonna come to the arena. You know how I'm gonna catch him.
Speaker 5: You know, team officials they don't like you talking to a star player when he's not playing because he's he's supposed to be unavailable to media. So I'm just like, man, I you know, I'm just I'm not stressing, but I'm just trying to figure out when I'm running to Bron, when I'm a bumping to him, when he's gonna show up at the arena.
Speaker 6: We're doing our our meeting.
Speaker 5: It's a meeting we have, we have an addressing room with TNT, meet me, Reggie Miller, Spiro Deep.
Speaker 6: Sponge, the game producer.
Speaker 5: And I just get a text out of nowhere is from Lebron, and it was in that text he was detailing like his approach to this this stretch, at this end of the season stretch and how he's approaching his ankle slash foot injury. And I was like, WHOA, Okay. I appreciated that because he didn't forget about me, you know what I mean. He didn't forget like this is Bron here, Like Bron is a guy that is pretty untouchable. You know, you hear about guys and like, trying to get in contact with him, you got to get through. You know, there's usually a force field around Bron. There's people you got to go through to get to him. So for him to like not just keep his word, but you know, he went the extra mile and just text me because I wasn't expecting that.
Speaker 6: I just I thought I was going.
Speaker 5: To run into him and then he'll remember then you know, at the arena and then you know, give me a quote.
Speaker 2: But I thought you guys were going to get together and trade podcasting strategies.
Speaker 3: But I guess that's for down the road.
Speaker 5: Listen, start, do not make me ask him to do a swap a podcast swamp.
Speaker 6: He'll come on our podcast and then won't come on him to him and.
Speaker 3: J what's the harm in asking shoot your shot?
Speaker 5: Shoot your shot, Come on, Dal, Yeah, that's one.
Speaker 2: That's one I think we can probably safely assume would be a hard No.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like and I don't like rejections just to hear it, you know what I mean. Like it's enough for our job, but rejection is part of it, you know what I mean. But you shoot your shot.
Speaker 3: You miss the shots you don't take.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but then there.
Speaker 5: Are some shots you just know you're gonna miss, and there's no there's no need of going down that road. We already got some rejections coming up anyways, you know, let's not add an extra one just to add it. Stein, Before I let you go, I need to tell you about something.
Speaker 3: Sty I'm afraid. Go ahead.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you about some sty. So I remember Stein, and I think a lot of men can relate. Maybe some women I don't know, but me and in particular Stein, I remember whening me and my wife before when we were married. You know, we were nineteen eighteen around that age. You get into arguments, right, You get in arguments, and you see it on TV, see it on movies when you know certain women do this. But you get in an argument and my girlfriends, you know, is my wife, my girlfriend in town. She had a habit of when we're driving, we're getting an argument. It doesn't matter where we're at, where we're at, she'll get out that car and start walking. Let me out the car, let me out the car, and she'll get out the car and start walking. And Stein, at that point, you have a decision to make. You either gonna drive away. Oh you got out the car. Okay, go ahead. You ought to gonna drive away, let her walk, let her find a way home or whatever. Or you're gonna do what I think what most men do, and you go pull up. Baby, come get in the car. Come on, baby, stop it, stop it, Come get in the car. And every time Stein, every time she pulled that wanted to get the car for a argument. Back in our teens and young twenties, I had to pull off to the side.
Speaker 6: Baby, come on getting a car. Come on, but let's talk about this. She'll get in the car. Stein every time. But Stein. Two days ago, we.
Speaker 5: Were at the drive through and Popeye, Stein, me and my wife got into it. Stein and I had enough. I got out the car. So I got out the car. I was like, this is the let me out. I got the car, and now, I mind you our home. Our home is three miles from where I got off at.
Speaker 6: So I got off and start walking.
Speaker 5: And while I'm walking, I'm thinking in my head, why in the world did I do this?
Speaker 6: This was stupid.
Speaker 5: But I'm walking, and when I'm thinking back to the moment of times that she used to do that way back in the day. So I'm thinking, Okay, I'm walking a little bit. She's still at Popeyes, and to drive through, she's going to have to drive by me, and she's gonna come over and and try to talk to me, talk some system to me, and get into the car. Stein, don't you know, she just drove right past me. She drove right past me, and I was so heated. U'm like, no, she didn't just drive past me. All those times back when we were younger, I would pull over to the side and Mabbie, come on, get in the car, and she would get in.
Speaker 6: She'd drave I walked three miles, three and a half miles.
Speaker 3: Okay, time out, time out? Time out.
Speaker 2: First of all, yes, based on my very rough math, what I really took from this conversation is she has put up with you for more than twenty years.
Speaker 3: I guess I have that.
Speaker 6: Right, yes, but you can say it's vice versa as well. But go ahead.
Speaker 2: Second of all, in your teens or your young twenties, as you put it, there was no uber.
Speaker 3: Why didn't you just uber?
Speaker 6: After?
Speaker 5: I felt like I thought about that, but I felt like I had to see this through.
Speaker 6: I had to walk the hole.
Speaker 3: You walked the full three miles home.
Speaker 6: Walked through full three and a half miles home.
Speaker 3: I feel like I had your food like I was in her car.
Speaker 6: Food was what.
Speaker 5: She didn't even order my food. It was that she got that mad. I got out the car. I ain't I ain't get any food. So I get home no food. And so when I got home, I said, oh, so you you wasn't going to he didn't think the stop by and pick a brother up. She said, you gott the car, that's on you. I figured I figured to give you time to cool off. I'm like, ain't this something?
Speaker 6: All this all that?
Speaker 5: All those times she used to just get out the car, get out. I'm walking and I'm I'm the gentleman. I come over.
Speaker 6: I pull up to the side. Baby, Come get in the car. I open up the door.
Speaker 5: Come get in the car. We'll work this out. We'll work this out. And when it was my turn, she just drove right past. That's something, boy, that's something.
Speaker 2: He didn't specify what the dispute was, and that's probably too personal, so we don't need to specify. But just let's just let's just mean whose fault was it?
Speaker 5: I swear I don't remember. I swear I don't remember, but I'm gonna tell you right now, Stan, I felt empowered. I had, like I said, I couldn't uber at this point, I ran towards the smoke of getting out the car and looking at it.
Speaker 6: Three and a half mile journey in the sun I had now.
Speaker 3: Three and a half. It started out three miles, now it's three and a half.
Speaker 5: Oh, it took me a long time three and a half. It took me a long time to get there, Star. It took our thirty minutes to get home. I had to do it, and I felt empowered. But start, I'll.
Speaker 6: Tell you this.
Speaker 5: I'm not doing that again. I'll wait until we get home to pitch a fit.
Speaker 2: Something tells me a listener or two might just want a weigh in on this tale and share their opinion.
Speaker 3: So we'll see. We'll see what kind of reaction this gets.
Speaker 2: Chris unscripted script Steine check us out, because listen, listen when the shoe was on the other foot.
Speaker 5: Ladies, y'all way in listen. I know it's a lot of husbands or men who have significant others out there. Y'all been in these situations. And you know, when they get out that car, Stein, you know, if you just take off, even though they jumped out the car and I don't want to take this anymore.
Speaker 6: I'm getting out.
Speaker 5: I'm walking, even though they stepped up the car style. You know, if you leave and go home, the relationship is over. It's over. Even though they stepped out the car, it is over. If you leave home, go ahead and think she's just gonna be all rational when she gets back from that three mile walk.
Speaker 6: Hey, y'all just go work it out. It is over.
Speaker 5: So you have to go to the side and say, baby, come on in. But it doesn't work that way for us. If we get out the car, we are walking. That's just the way it is.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: Indeed, if you listen to This League Uncut regularly, you know that this is really two podcasts in one. This League Uncut, which covers the NBA twice a week, and Chris Haynes Unscripted, which you never know what kind of tales you're gonna get.
Speaker 3: And I promise you this one was not on the rundown. I did not know this is where we were going.
Speaker 2: I kind of knew we were going to talk about the lebron Tech situation, did not know about the Malik Beasley story, and I certainly was not expecting life advice from Chris Haynes. And again, well, we will see something tells me, we will see what the audience has to say about the choices.
Speaker 3: That you made.
Speaker 6: I'm here to help, that's all.
Speaker 2: Here to help others and maybe get yourself in trouble along the way. Okay, that is going to do it for this edition of This League Uncut. As always, please follow the show, rate the show, review the show. We would love a five star review.
Speaker 3: Chris Haynes deserves.
Speaker 2: A five star review for repeatedly baring his soul and taking us deep inside what's going on. What's going on in the life of Haynes. He alone, that kind of candor alone merits a five star rating. All right, that is going to do it for This edition of This League Uncut Again taped late on Thursday night out Friday. Chris and I will be back together again very soon.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for listening everybody.
Speaker 4: And that'll do it for us. See you next time. This League UNCUTTA is an iHeartRadio production.
Speaker 3: SCA Loka, Chris
Speaker 4: Haynes and Mark Stein