Speaker 1: Cut booms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old Republic, a soul fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The clearing House of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 3: In the air.
Speaker 1: Everywhey The Fifth Hour with Ben Mahler and Danny g because four hours a night during the week is clearly not enough. In this podcast and audio content eight days a week at the radio show five and then the podcast three days as well. You hear Danny with Covino and Rich during the week. And we thank you for following the podcast and listening to the podcast as we have slid into a beautiful Sunday, the eighteenth day of February with the Daytona buggety bugging it, buggety bugging it, buggety buggety, buggety bugging and the NBA all stargat. What a weekend?
Speaker 3: What a day?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a day? It is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something? What's I missed football already. You're in Yeah, some people, some people say they need a breather. No, man, I didn't want the season to end.
Speaker 1: I'm okay though, because we have the silly season and now Carrie us until the NFL Draft.
Speaker 3: Like, I know, you talked a little bit of baseball last week. Covino and Rich talked to some baseball. I just wasn't ready for it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's Baseball is not usually great on on the radio. No, no, so that's a bit of a problem. It does. It's not a sport that's radio friendly unless there's a big controversy, and they don't do controversy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or like a really good call, like a good home run call, or like a grand a walk off grand slam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something like that. Today, by the way, Danny, is thumb Appreciation Day. Happy thumb Appreciation Day. Do you appreciate your thumb?
Speaker 4: Thumb your nose at me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, look at you? Thumbs up. Thumbs up for.
Speaker 4: Sure, No where you can stick that thumb.
Speaker 1: It's National Drink Wine today. Are you a wine drinker? I you know what?
Speaker 3: I did partake in some wine when I lived on the Central Coast or as we called it, the South Central Coast because it was Laker country in Santa Maria, Orchid lom Poke, Pismo Beach, San Luis Obispo. Tons of Laker fans there. South Central Coast. They are wine country, They're Santa Barbara County. And so they would have the Santa Barbara County Fair and we'd have our big radio station pop up tent with our table, and listeners would come by and win prizes and all that. And when I would take my break from the DJ booth, there was a wine tent unlimited. You could taste all the different kinds of wines from the region. So we would get all buzzed and tipsy and then stumble back to our DJ tent.
Speaker 1: That was the move.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was good. It was so good.
Speaker 1: I wish I was a wine drinker, because I've been invited by people who love wine and I'm just not. I'm not a wine guy.
Speaker 3: You know, the white wine gives a lot of people headaches. The red wine gives a lot of people indigestion or acid reflux. Yeah, as me and my wife you have gotten older, we've noticed the red wine that we drank even three years ago kind of bothers our stomachs now, So I feel like it's a young man's game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I didn't like it when I was young. And I'm like, there's places all over California, this big wine country in San Diego, those places, and obviously where you're from, and then further north is legendary.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in northern California. You know what doesn't hurt your stomach? But I don't know. If I don't know.
Speaker 3: If you're a hibachi guy, have you ever had hot soaki?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 3: You got to try that. They called us sake bomb.
Speaker 4: That's the way to go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They take a Japanese beer and you pour the hot sake or you drop the hot sake into it. That buzz. You're just laughing for no reason. You're laughing your ass off. It's such a good buzz.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Why don't we start with Pop Goes to Culture? We didn't get to that on Saturday. So can we get tho.
Speaker 5: Pop Goes to Culture Chartjug.
Speaker 1: Jug These are some oddball stories that caught my attention, and we have a well, we'll start with this. Remember the guy in Vegas that climbed the spear before the Super Bowl. That's right, Yeah, big story there. The man climbed all the way to the top of the spear. He now expects all the chargers to be dropped, despite the fact there was a bunch of damage that supposedly happened to that venue six figures, which I guess is a lot.
Speaker 3: But thats the ld like thousands, hundreds of thousands of the led squares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they estimated aboute hundred thousand dollars in damage. And that guy, the pro life spider man who used his spidy like senses to climb all the way to the top of viral a viral moment there Wednesday, prior to the Super Bowl. Of course, he was then arrested, but the expectation is those charges will be dropped. He's He was described in the arrest report as an in an engineer inside the spear was the first to notice this guy climbing the top to the top there, and then it went blow by blow on what happened. The guy's twenty four years old.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize it was a pro life thing.
Speaker 1: As a general rule, if you inconvenience people with your cause, people will hate your cause no matter what your cause is. Right in La here we have people that are protesting wars and they close freeways. Well immediately I'm then pro war and I'm not pro war. But if you inconvenience me in my daily life for your cause, I will then cheer for whatever you're cheering against to happen.
Speaker 3: Or if you're just pulling a stunt. Ben remember when that radio DJ had his haircut in the middle of the bridge there in San Francisco, that man cow guy. Yeah yeah, and it caused a backup for hours. The city was furious.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you close something and cause problems for somebody because of your little cause, the people who are having their lives affected will then openly support the other side of your whatever you're for, they will then support the other side. So anyway that we'll see if that actually happens. That But the way the world now, I thought things were a little different in Nevada. But the damage done, any repairs to the spear will be done from inside the spear, they claim, not outside inside. For whatever that's worth, what else we have pop goes the culture people already returning the Apple Vision pro headsets. Have you seen these things? These Apple Vision pro headsets, which were all the rage over the last couple of weeks here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very expensive, right, I've not seen a lot of videos of people toying around with them online.
Speaker 1: Yeah, good time killer, good time killer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's it's people who hate their lives and they want to live in like a virtual reality.
Speaker 1: I'm good. I feel like real life is virtual reality a lot of the time. That's just kind of the way the way it is. Let's see what else you have. The bubonic play. Here's good is the bubonic plague has returned to Oregon.
Speaker 3: I saw this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bubonic play.
Speaker 4: That's great.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they'll come up with the vaccine for that. I have one.
Speaker 3: But what do you think about the conspiracy theory that twenty twenty four is just twenty twenty on repeat. First you have the Chiefs beating the Niners, and now the bubonic plague is about to strike just like COVID did in twenty twenty right after the Super Bowl.
Speaker 4: No less.
Speaker 1: Well, this actually kind of relates to that because there was a study done recently that tried to explain why Americans have stopped hanging out with other Americans. And they did some research from twenty three to twenty twenty two American men reduced the average hours of face to face socializing by roughly thirty percent. For unmarried Americans, it was even bigger, more than thirty five percent. For teenagers, it was almost fifty percent, more than forty five percent. Boys and girls ages fifteen to nineteen reduced their weekly social hangout time by more than three hours a week. And there is no statistical record of any other period and recorded US history when people have spent more time on their own than now. So and you know why that is, Danny, It's because of because of phones, social Media's like, people are not hanging out with other people. We're from the Stone Age, so we would hang out with the neighborhood kids, or you'd hang out with your brothers and whatever to kill time. We were just get into trouble because that's what we had to do. But we didn't have any other options.
Speaker 3: But by the way, the other thing that's repeating, twenty twenty, we had the Trump Biden stuff take over. Same thing's gonna happen again this year, That's true, Yeah, except this year it's going to be Trump versus Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Yes, the Swifties for the White House. That's sort I thought that story was interesting. They said that people it's alone but not lonely.
Speaker 3: That it just means that this generation, like that VR headset or Apple's version of it, there's ways that this generation can spend time and feel okay about it without feeling lonely like maybe our parents or grandparents used to feel.
Speaker 1: They said, people are like they're alone, but they're not lonely because they're texting.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: We have electronic games. Yeah, you have electronic company all the time.
Speaker 1: That's pretty it's pretty crazy. But this is in the recorded history of humanity, since they killed track of this stuff, it has never gone this direction as rapidly and plummeted to the levels it's gone down this year so or not this year, but this last last generation or so. So that was that was kind of interesting. This is actually a story from a few days ago, but I don't think we talked about it last week because we were doing the show from Vegas that the Chernobyl disaster they have they're trying to figure out exactly how this happened. But the wolves that were exposed to chernobyl have mutated and are now resistant to cancer. That you know, think about that that there is a way they don't have to figure out how exactly does this mean you'd have to like walk into a nuclear reactor.
Speaker 4: To be cancer free? Or could you be like Homer Simpson and just work out one you just.
Speaker 1: Just eat donuts and sit there. But the wolves exposed to chernobyl have mutated and they are cancer resilient and resistant as well, and they claim the science community, of course, says, well, this is what we're going to figure out how they're doing it, and then we can help bring that to humans.
Speaker 4: Good luck.
Speaker 1: That's one of those I believe it when it actually happens, because I've seen stories like this over the years, and usually it's a bunch of bullshit and it's not actually not actually true at all. All right, let's get to the mail bag. That means ohio ow, good old ohiow. It's all right, So the mailbak. These are actual letters by actual listeners. We thank you for sending them in. And the mail bag has been great, a lot of new people each week. We're getting some new people here, which is really neat. Not that we don't love the old people. We love all people that are fans of the podcast and send questions in but it's nice to see some new names and some people that haven't been part of it in the past that had something they wanted to say. Uh for example, Carl in Philadelphia. By the way, the email address is Ben Malor Show on Facebook or Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Real fifth Hour at gmail dot com. Carl and Philly Wrights. He says, Hey, Ben and Danny. Ben, I had a question for you. Why did Mason the Millennial get upset with you for not talking more about the shooting at the Chiefs parade? He says. I listened to you guys for lighthearted, sarcastic banter, not hard news stories. I can find that elsewhere.
Speaker 4: Thank you. That's carl sarcasm but.
Speaker 1: Never Yeah, so, Carl, I thank you for the email. I thank you for listening. Carl, and you'd have to address Mason the Millennial. I had mixed reviews on that. I made an editorial decision for better or worse, and maybe that was the wrong decision, but I felt that was something that happened after the parade. It was not a sports story, and I chose to focus in on sporting type stuff, and I made an editorial decision that people tune in to the show to hear that kind of content and not the other kind of content. And not that I didn't think it was terrible. And I have friends in Kansas City. I have people that I know who work in radio who their families were at the parade. They had to one of my good radio friends. His family had to shelter in place because of they were so close. They saw people running through the lobby of hotel with guns after the police were chasing one of the people that were shooting one of the lunatics at the parade. So I totally get all that, But Carl I made that decision. Mason was upset, and there were other people too. There were other people that wanted me just to ride that that story and if it bleeds, it leads, and I'm not sure what I could have added to it. I gave my opinion on it, and we moved on and we talked about some other stuff. But thank you, Carl Mason. If you're listening and you want to send an email to me, I'll pass it on a car. I'll pass it on a car. Mike in Fullerton writes in he says, Hi, guys, Happy Chinese New Year. Ben and Danny g He says, I'm a week late, but better late than never. How important is your Chinese zodiac animal to you? I was born in the Year of the aux and I've always taken a lot of pride and that did either of you also rent a scooter last week at Radio Row in Vegas? Or did you learn from your lesson last year in Arizona? Any scooters? I didn't see any scooters around the Mandalay Bay. You know.
Speaker 3: I actually saw one clown who was scootering through the Mandalay Bay Casino on scooters inside the casino.
Speaker 1: Seems like a good idea unless it's not. No, I didn't. I didn't see any. But that's a big that's a big casino. As far as the sign that I am the Rabbit, I'm not proud of that. I'm a little embarrassed by that. Mike the Rabbit, I'm not happy. I wish I was like the snake or something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not like mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's not not particularly good, not particularly good at all. But what's yours? I'm the year of snuffle up againsts stuff ah, I love snuffle up. Yeah, yeah, I would have liked to have be an oscar, the grouse that would have been.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be count because I thought I was a badass because I could count to twenty even when I was a tiny little kid.
Speaker 4: Twenty.
Speaker 1: How many animals do they rotate on the Chinese calendar? Do they have?
Speaker 4: It's a good question.
Speaker 1: Let's see here, I have it here. It's they've got rat, ox, tiger, rabbit.
Speaker 4: Let's see what else?
Speaker 1: A dragon that would have been a good one dragon, snake, horse, goat, monkey.
Speaker 4: Rooster, dog, and pig.
Speaker 3: That's my dad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so twelve they rotate twelve. They go year by year and whatnot. So I'm the rabbit and it goes on a twelve year rotation. So every twelve years you go back around one more time. So the dragon would be cool, or the snake. I missed the dragon by one year. If I'd only been born a year later, I would have been the dragon. Two years later I would have been the snake, the goat. You could have fun with the goat some of these other ones, saying, eh, I guess, I guess rabbit's better than rat. You don't want to be a rat that would be very good or a pig, a pig. That's kind of lame, but thank you, Mike. Appreciate that. Alf the quality control apartment checking in our friend, Alf, He says, will you be gathering your alumni team of former board ops to help you get your new boardop up to speed on operations and familiar with all of our favorite drops. You could call your team the super Benz.
Speaker 4: It's a great idea, Alf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this is a concern many of the super fans of the show, and you are very worried Sam's quitting. He's leaving our show. Can't handle the overnights.
Speaker 3: Sam really know all the drops, though he does never did look at it. I'm gonna ease Alf's mind right now because the very first thing that I told Loreno, who has been filling in a lot on the Covino and Rich Show ever since John Ramos left, I told her I'm gonna take you into the production studio. I am gonna help you build multiple digital walls, and I'm gonna put every old school drop that I use on the fifth hour on your page and teach you when and how to use those drops. And I told her how much the mal Or Militia will embrace her if she embraces those true drops of the show.
Speaker 1: See there you go, Alf, Danny's gonna be like the Godfather. He's gonna he's gonna be the teacher.
Speaker 4: Yep, he'll he'll be Yoda.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then and Ben, I got your I found your address because I'm gonna send you the invoice.
Speaker 1: Yeah to Don Martin. He'll take care of my man. Let me tell you about my hand. We're one happy family here.
Speaker 2: My man.
Speaker 3: If everybody went above and beyond like you, my man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is a concerned People have been been kind of upset by that because every time we change board ops.
Speaker 3: Which is oh no, she's an eager beaver, all right, and she wants to play the right drops. So we're dealing with somebody that actually wants to listen and learn.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's half about it. You just want to be good. You just want to be good.
Speaker 3: That's all your Yeah, because let's be honest, most of the board operators are a bunch of well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it easily distracted is the way I would describe it. Alf also says food eat not so fun. He says, I tried going for supper to raising canes after work, and I went to the next day to Novelle, I was not going to wait in that line. He sent a photo here of the line. They opened a raising canes right near ALF there in Springfield, mass and two car wide lane wrapped around the building at three point thirty in the afternoon for raising canes. And I don't blame you, alf. I love raising canes and I would not wait online for that.
Speaker 4: I remember during.
Speaker 1: COVID when every restaurant was shut down, but the drive throughs were open, and the line for canes was insane, and I tried to wait. I waited for a little bit, but then I gave up after about half an hour.
Speaker 4: I just can't wait online like that. I can't.
Speaker 1: And it's cool though that raising canes is getting a little bit of that in and out burger vibe where people are lined up to eat it. But I'm not a line waiter. I don't like waiting online. I don't like it at all. Erin in Kansas City rights in to the Fifth Hour podcast. Here he says, guys, when you guys go out to eat, booth or table with your table. So I'll go first on this now. Originally, when I was big fat guy, I always did the table because I didn't fit in the booth. But now that I've lost some weight and I fit in the booth, I prefer the booth. So I'm team booth, not team table. Yeah, Danny, what's your take? This is a very important question.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll got to be team table now because we have a stroller. It was a six month old in there, and he's not exactly big enough to sit in a high chair. I'm probably coming another month or so, so the room that we're in has to have some you know space next to a table where we could wheel that thing in and not you know, make anybody trip and fall into the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or maybe you can get one of those billboard lawyers all over LA.
Speaker 3: Or speaking of lawyers, Ben, we need one. We were at Finney's in Westlake Village, California. We had a baby boy out of the stroller and we were holding him, and the waitress walk by and spilled pizza grease on the baby's head and outfit as she was walking past our table.
Speaker 1: What really? Yeah? Really? Now?
Speaker 3: Thank god the pizza grease wasn't hot, because she cleared the dishes off of a table and she tipped her tray old pizza grease that had been sitting ran all over the baby's head, shoulder onto his nice outfit. Yeah, and she came back with a couple of wet paper towels.
Speaker 1: That was your solution?
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you. How about a free dessert and a free meal the next time we come.
Speaker 1: It's not good waitressing. That I was a waitress, but that does not seem like an effective People make mistakes. But that's that's a bit much. Let's see Fred in Spring, Texas right since says, hey guys, hey Ben, why isn't Benny versus the penny posted on the NBC Sports app, I hope the new dogs are working out. Dogs have been great TV shows over for this year, and that's that's NBC's issue. We was originally supposed to be on Peacock and then at the eleventh hour something happened and I don't know. I don't know what happened, and it did end up on Peacock, but I have talked to the people NBC. Hopefully the show will be back next year. And if it is back, whether it's on Peacock or some streaming service, we need to make sure people have more access to it at least I will. I will stress that, and then they will laugh at me and goof on me, and that'll that'll.
Speaker 2: Be that.
Speaker 1: Scott from the nine to one seven right since says before the this is a sporty question. He says, before the Cubs were swept in the seven playoffs, lou Panella pulled Game one starter Carlos Sembrano because he was bringing back a pitcher on three days rest. On Sunday, says, guys, I'm curious in your expert unchallenged opinion, do you think the forty nine ers will get the third possession in Super Bowl fifty eight before Carlos Sambrano is fully rested to pitch Game four against the seven Diamondbacks. Yeah, I do get it. I know where you're going, Scott, tongue in cheek, I get it. And this stuff happens all the time in sports, all the time. My personal favorite recently was when the Dodgers last year, Remember the last two months of the season, they started Clayton Kershaw every Saturday because they knew the first playoff game that he would pitch in was Game one would be on a Saturday. The didn't know who they were gonna play, but they knew it was on a Saturday. So every Saturday for the last two months of the season, so Kershaw he pitched one game a week on Saturday to get him ready for the playoffs, and so he'd be good to go. And you know, just muscle memory, Saturday, you go to the mound, you pitch, everything's good. And so they gave him the ball and he went out. He took the mound and he gave up like six runs in a third of an inning. The game was over by the time they had to fly over before the game. The game was over, and it's like, like, what do you do? And then they saved They were they were saving him. Also, I remember when Max Schurzer. Max Schurezer was a dodge. Remember he couldn't pitch Game six of the NLCS that would have forced the Game seven. Said he couldn't make it.
Speaker 3: Man, Yeah, I honestly would rather hear you talk about pop tarts than baseball right now.
Speaker 1: I have more pop Tart fun facts if you want. I mean, I love the pop Tarts. I mean I don't think I got to everything. Uh, pop tarts originally were eating sideways. Did you know that, Dan, I had no idea yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Pop starts the way baby eats his teething biscuits.
Speaker 1: They were baby cold, not quite old enough, but you got to record the first pop tart, baby's first pop tart.
Speaker 3: I have got.
Speaker 1: Big moment in babies, like.
Speaker 3: Do you know those chocolate bar donuts? Yep, he's gonna he's gonna eat those sideways.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. Just eat him, eat him, have that you want, it doesn't matter, side ways whatever, that's the way to go. What else we have in the mail bag? Let's see page down, the page down. Jeff with a G. It's Jeff with a G, not a Jeff from from Nashville. Sus Ben and Danny. Have you guys considered doing a bonus fifth hour podcast on YouTube? It would be cool to watch you guys in action? Yeah, Jeff, sure, right, Danny, we think.
Speaker 4: About guys on the radio, fat guys on the radio.
Speaker 1: Who doesn't want to see us talking on YouTube?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure the bosses wouldn't have a problem if we double dip, right, they would. They would be supportive of that and let us do what we want. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wrong, this is an outdated take, but now it makes sense. I could say, who would want to see Brad Pitt doing a podcast. But since Brad Pitt's like seventy eight years old, now that analogy could actually work.
Speaker 1: Who's the new Brad Pitt we've I'm the same I always when I think like hot Hollywood actor, I think Brad Pitt for dudes. But who who is the sex symbol? Who's yeah, twenties or thirties.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna I'm going to put that in the Google machine. Let's see who see what the Google is?
Speaker 1: He spits out here the new You listen to our live coverage here, it's fifth hour podcast, live on tape. We're trying to learn who the new sex symbol is in Hollywood.
Speaker 4: Let's see who is it?
Speaker 3: It doesn't it doesn't show anybody, you piece of junk. It's just shows Brad Pitt and some chick are living together. Hey, I didn't have shocking Brad Pitts living with a warm Yeah it was close. He's sixty now wow his girlfriend that he's he just moved in with his girlfriend. She's thirty four.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he's aged, but his girls do not age.
Speaker 4: Like Leo's Yeah, like like Leonardo DiCaprio.
Speaker 1: Is he really how old.
Speaker 4: Is he yo? He's sixty?
Speaker 1: Is he really?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Young? New sex symbol.
Speaker 1: Let me see what it says some TikTok guy. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Let's see YouTuber who I saw.
Speaker 1: The NBA celebrity game over the weekend. They had a bunch of influencers.
Speaker 3: It says, who's the sex symbol man for twenty twenty three, twenty four? Patrick Dempsey?
Speaker 4: He's old too, man. Maybe it's okay to be old.
Speaker 1: There's no attractive You don't see anything coming up for youngsters. Yeah, so, Jeff, thank you for that. I'm sure we'll put a YouTube show up or TikTok or something like that. Steve from Miami Rights In says Ben and Danny. I enjoy I enjoyed your super Bowl weekend shows. Was it awkward Ben talking to Adrian Peterson considering you have bashed him over the years on the radio and and angry Bill called up and wanted to injure him on your show?
Speaker 5: What about a nine year old girl?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm pretty confident Adrian had no idea who I was, and he did not no no, because I had mentioned I interviewed him when he was in college, and he didn't seem to give a rat.
Speaker 4: He had a blank stare on his face when you say.
Speaker 1: You looked like, who the hell are you? I have no idea who you are? But but yeah, I know this listen, that's part of the job. And I was not exactly thrilled when I saw the name on the list, but I but Adrian was nice and he was you know, it was it was a good conversation. So, you know, I don't know. I don't do with that. Should I have? Should I have attacked him, Danny? Would that have been better? I probably would have made some better headlines.
Speaker 4: I guess.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, at one point in the interview, you said that I busted your chops over your birthday party you had with the camel, and then right there I inserted our famous show drop where you say I want a camel. Oh that's yeah, yeah, yeah, And the title of that podcast was Adrian Peterson's Camel, I Want a Camel, So I alluded to it. You know, It's just I'm sure, yeah, I'm sure. I mean, that's not the the right time or place to get into it with somebody that.
Speaker 1: You know, probably not, probably not the way before you plug your sponsor.
Speaker 4: Let me take a couple of cheap shots at you.
Speaker 1: Don't beat me like you beat your kids. I don't think that would have know anyway.
Speaker 3: Remember when you asked for his plug sheet, like, who's he gonna? Who's he plugging? I told you a new a new state of the art belt, a new switch. Yeah, that beats the ship out of kids and then erases all fingerprints instantly off of the belt.
Speaker 1: Well, if I remember correctly, that Drop and Adrian Peterson on a camel led to us getting a camel cake.
Speaker 3: Yes, you remember the camel. I still have pictures of that. We had some wild, wild cakes for Yeah, I want a camel That Drop is so famous that a cake was made after it. Yeah, and trust me that will be on Loray his digital wall.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah that was fun. And then the weird thing about this era with Sam is like there's a lot of stuff that I can say whatever I want now because he doesn't like put drops in really, so I can say whatever I want and nothing's actually saved right now.
Speaker 4: So I don't like that.
Speaker 3: Because you are one of the hosts here where pushback really makes the show work. You need somebody to push back. If you just have your way on the air.
Speaker 4: That's not fun.
Speaker 1: No, it's a lot of fun. It's my own way. Man God, is that he blew me off at a hotel near lax Oh so fun?
Speaker 3: Somebody needs to work out the right hand by playing a lot of drops.
Speaker 1: Non, my right hand was getting a workout. Fun fun, fun, fun, fun fun fun fun. I was more concerned about him giving me a double fish fun my last one. Manny from Phoenix writes in says they've been Danny been a p one for fourteen years.
Speaker 4: Been and Danny, you have to be ten years too long?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, there says you've been now bent to the last three Super Bowls. I'm impressed. I've been a fan of years since the day is that they would not allow you to leave the building. Will you be in New Orleans for Super Bowl fifty nine? No chance, Manny. I think it would take three or four days to drive from LA to New Orleans. So unless the company decides to send me there, I ain't going to New Orleans. That ain't happening, So I don't think you have to worry about that. I've never been to New Orleans. Actually I actually would like to go, and I think next week or not next week next year for the super Bowl? Isn't it the week? Did they time it out where it's the week of Fat Tuesday and all that? Is it the same week or is it after the super Bowl?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I don't think it's the same week.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not the same week.
Speaker 4: Goko. That would be too much debauchery.
Speaker 1: That would be too much for one town to handle. Yeah, man, I will not be enormous. But I think the year after that it's back in the West all time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know, maybe if you talk to the two bosses now a year in advance, you can get your plane ticket and everything taken care of.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good idea. I get back and bring it up. Say, you know, in New Orleans, I know some really good Kchun restaurants. I used to work with paddle'brien. There's a Paddlebrian's down. Is that place still there, paddle Brian?
Speaker 3: Dear Scott. I know we're twelve months away, but I.
Speaker 1: Wanted to give you a head start. I can start walking now, and I might. I might make it to El Paso by February, and I'll do the show remotely from the side of the road.
Speaker 3: Really excited to interview Derek Carr because I've never said a bad word about him.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can't wait to find out what crappy products of the athletes will be pushing next year as I get Yeah, anyway, all right, listen, that's it. I will be back tonight for the overnight show. Danny, You'll be back tomorrow. Anything you want to promote here on this wonderful Sunday.
Speaker 3: Remember it is the hat trick. And I finagled my way into the schedule for Monday that I'm gonna make the Monday work. So from six to nine am on the West coast, and what is that? Do the math really quick?
Speaker 4: What is that?
Speaker 3: Nine to noon, nine noon, nine to noon in New York City. It's me and CNR filling in for the Great Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: All right, enjoy that. I'll be on overnight and who knows what else if got going on? You never know, But have a wonderful rest of your day and we'll catch you on the flip side on the radio eleven o'clock in the West on Sunday night, two am in the East for the vast majority of the population of the United States, and we'll talk to you then later skater got a murder.
Speaker 4: I gotta go.