Speaker 1: What's up friends, Then Happy Monday to you all. It is leading Off right here on Fantasy Pros. I'm the Welsh, that is the Joe Arico, Joe Rico ninety nine on the Twitter, and it's all of you. Hopefully you guys had a fantastic weekend. Lots of baseball to break down, lots of stuff and things. As we would say in the ITL world, we're happy to do it and we're happy that you guys are here with us. Whether you're hanging in the live stream Fantasy Pro YouTube, I keep doing the Fantasy Pros thing in front. I need a Fantasy Pro short length so I stop screwing this up YouTube dot com, slash Fantasy Pros MLB. If you listen on the podcast and you ever want to hang live or the inverse for the podcast version and Leading Off is brought to you by our friends over at bet three six five promo code leading Off. You can bet five dollars get one fifty in bonus bets. And yes it's August, you can still do it because all the bets are out there. Whether you're doing total bases, strikeouts, you're playing first inning, some nerfees, some first fives or full games. All of those baseball bets are still out there, and you can get in on the MLB Award season. Still. We're actually going to talk about one little piece of that here in just a tiny bit. So go to bet three six, five, use promo code leading off. You can bet five bucks and get those one to fifty in bonus bets gambling problem called one hundred bets off or one eight hundred gambler. Joe Rico, how are you, my friend? Coming off of this big old baseball weekend? What's up? Body?
Speaker 2: I'm always great when I get to do a show with you, man, it's always always good. I think we're at the point where I think I've probably done more shows with you than anybody else in the space. So we're starting to get into a bit of a routine here. Yeah, it's very fun. It's very fun time always that is trippy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I feel like I'm I'm slowly putting myself into like I've done shows like Bubba, I've probably done hundreds of shows with and you know, I'm collecting. I'm like the like Thanos. I'm just collecting my infinity gauntlets of five to six people that I've done a massive amount of shows with all Right, we got a lot to talk about. Like I said, we have that little betting side to it. We're also going to be talking about zeb I know people are already in the chat talking about ZEBI. We're absolutely going to talk about him. But let's jump into it because we have two big returns. One happened yesterday, one is happening today. Julio Rodriguez is back. Unfortunately, the Julio Rodriguez that left us is the one that also came back. We did not get a new version. We need a multiverse variant. He came back zero for five with five strikeouts. So let's talk about Julio for one second. I don't think there's an application to the rest of this season unless he completely fell off. But where how far do you think Julio's going to fall off into next year? I mean, and is there any concern for the rest of this season. It's one game back, but it had just been a really poorish season for Julio. But now he's got new weapons.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's probably going to be more of the same of what we've seen going forward. Like I'm not writing him off for future seasons at all, I think he's still probably going to be a top twenty to twenty five pick, because even in down year, it's gonna be like seventeen or eighteen home runs, twenty five steals, the average is still pretty good. But he's definitely not gonna be in that first overall pick conversation like he was this year. I mean, Akunya was going first, but Julio was second pretty regularly. I don't think he's on that same exact level. The team around him, the ballpark makes it really hard to get by now. At the same time, he went thirty two and thirty seven last year. I think this is probably just a down year, but it's hard to not, you know, be a little bit more down on Julio than you would have been. But rest of season, I don't have high expectations. I really don't. I think he's gonna be fine. He'll be pretty good. He won't be droppable or anything, but he's not gonna be that first round player we were hoping for.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had one really good month he had the where to go was that July before being out he hit three seventy five, but he had had a couple months right around two hundred, right under two sixty. There wasn't a whole lot of like reverse split luck or anything like that. He actually had a higher babbage this year than he had last year. I think any point in his career is like a three forty five babbob. So that takes away maybe some of that luck factor in that's attached to a lower hard hit rate, a higher strikeout rate, a lower barrel. I mean, so it was all just kind of down. I'm not sure if it's anything equitable that, like he is going to be nothing or anything like that. But I do think he's gonna fall to the second round next year. I think that's a very high probability unless he comes out really really tough. Lee actually brought up see this is where I think things get tricky. Week nineteen Julio or Nemo. I'm probably throwing Julio back in, even though we have this one game which is like old golden sombrero of things. But like all his new weapons are there. You know, you do have Randy hitting near the top of the lineup, You've got Roblest. It's you know, really been amazing. And now he's with those pieces, and you've got Justin Turner, who I think got banged up. But like, I'm still gonna roll with Julio, but I'm open to the opportunity of the possibility that we might be in a space where you have to, like, Julio might not be a must start every single week if you're doing weeklies and stuff like that. And I don't think he'll be a first round or even off of like projecting fun you know, like we were talking off air, we're not going to go crazy into it, But dynasty Julio or Jackson Merrill right now, I mean, like you're probably still going Julio, But I wouldn't blame anybody that was, like, hey, I'm getting Jackson Merrill in a little plus if they traded away Hulio, I think you're trading upside. But you know, I think that's a legitimate question you can ask.
Speaker 2: It definitely is I think, like you said, in terms of upside, Julio has shown that he can be a number one type of player, a top five player. Merril's probably going to be a top fifty player this season, but it feels like he's kind of maxing out what he can do with his profile, where Julio is obviously a down season, so it would be like a classic by low cell High. If I had Julio in a Dynasty league and I was offered Merrill, I don't think I'd be able to do that straight up. But if I had Marril and I was offered Julio, I think I'm taking Julio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to your point, like Merrill is like at the tippy top, and his stats almost look like this version of Julio. Julio's like eleven homers, eighteen stolen bases. Jackson seventeen homers, thirteen stolen bases. And you know, Julio's having like an a blatantly down year that we think can improve. Because also the things that are down, they're not down to a point where we're like, holy crap, this is bad. It's like a three percent barrel drop. That is, all of these are big enough for us to be concerned, but it's not like, oh, he can never you know, he can never return to form or anything like that. Again, also on the other side of it, we don't need we don't have like a big breakdown to this, but Mookie Bets is returning today being activated. Thank you to multiple of my leagues. We did hear though, this is so stupid. They were like, hey, yo, he's coming back as a shortstop. And then they're like, no, Dave Roberts actually is coming back as a right fielder, so apparently he's not going to play in the infield, and they're gonna use this cavalcade of just like you know, whenever Taylor's back and Edmund gets back and you've got Rosario and just whatever pieces they're putting together, they're gonna throw in the middle infield and he's going to go and take over right field again, no application except throw your Mookie Bets back out there and feel great about it.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: And the thing with the outfield, like he hadn't played in the outfield this year, he was going to lose that eligibility. So now we're gonna still have Mookie Bets with outfield, with short stop and with second base heading in the next season. So I'll take it wherever he's playing on the field. You know, there's a bunch of leagues where I have Mookie. They can put him behind the plate for all I care, as long as he's back out there.
Speaker 3: That's all that matters to me.
Speaker 1: Oh, back, back back. Let's talk about mister Corbin Carroll, who homered for the second consecutive game on Sunday as the Diamondbacks beat up on the Phillies twelve to five. A little bit. I guess more on that later. But Corbin Carrol, oh, Joe, you talk to me about it, because I don't know what to do. His batting average still stinks. It stinks to high heaven. He has not been able to pair any of these like really great months together either. He doesn't have a month he has I'm looking here, roughly a thirty to fifty point batting average swing each month, and he has never hit over two sixty on a given month this season. He is up to two fifty seven right now in August, and and this is his second consecutive the multi home run month. He actually has nine homers since July. First thoughts on Corman Carroll, How about this Corbyn Carroll or who the arrest of season?
Speaker 2: Based on the trajectories and the lineups and everything, I'd probably go with Corbyn Carroll. He's looked really solid. Like like you said, the batting average is still bad, but six home runs six to dolen bases in July is really good as a whole. Eleven homers, twenty one steals, Like it's obviously not what you were wanting, but it's almost like a trade turner type of thing from last season. You know, he's picked it up and he's been not hot to that same degree, but he's fully turned his season around to the point where Corbin actually might get back into the first round next season. That'll be an interesting one. He might sneak into the back end. Like let's say he keeps this pace up, finishes with twenty homers, thirty steals, gets the average up to like two forty or something. If he stays really hot, I think it's a conversation at the turn at the one two turn.
Speaker 1: Ah eh, even me Corby Garol guy, I don't think so. I don't think he's I think people will there might be the temptation for the second round. I think he's the third round guy. I actually think that like back in second to third round could be just littered with players that were speculating on that for bounce backs, like the Julios could be in there. I think Corman Carroll, like if he's gonna it's gonna be really tough for him to hit over two thirty the rest of the way. He's gonna have to hit like I don't know what the math would be, but whatever three hundred, let's say for the rest of this month, the next month, and that could probably get him over two thirty. And you're still gonna be looking at a guy that hit two thirty with twenty thirty. I don't know, Like the stolen bases might be tempting. Maybe it is a back half of the second round, but I think it's gonna be more likely third round. But Gorman, Corman, Carroll continuing the heat up process, and you know, I was super anti this, but it ended up working out. Merril Kelly was in that win. He only allowed two runs three hits over five innings and he ended up getting four swing and missus eighty five pitches. That was a twenty eight percent CSW percentage. And he looked good against Philly. And he's got Tampa Bay coming up, so they Meryl Kelly is probably right back in the good graces of being able to start Joe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, especially with the Tampa coming up.
Speaker 2: If you're still seeing him available I'm not sure how available he would be, but I'd happily pick him up there. He's really been one of the more underrated pitchers throughout the last couple of seasons three thirty seven, three twenty ninety ras in each of the past two years.
Speaker 3: I personally wasn't.
Speaker 2: Really believing in it, but it's been long enough at this point where you kind of have to buy into to Meryl Kelly, especially with that matchup, pick him up if you can.
Speaker 1: Also, like Homer is in the side with my hat and everything like that. With the Diamondbacks, like all they're doing is just winning. Like they're scoring runs, they're winning games, they're coming back, They've got depth in the bullpen, which is still a little bit dicey. And you had a Wardo and you had Marl both come back and be solid. So at this point, every Diamondbacks starter he is at worst streamable, at worse even Ryan Nelson, who's about to get kicked out. What do we say? On Friday, me and Bubba were talking. I said, hey, I mean Kittel didn't even play in the game. He pinch hit, so I'd screwed the bet. But I said, hey, Ryan Nelson had struck out seven in three of his last nine, and he had a couple of nine strikeout games. Bam goes and strikes out nine more. In that every Diamondback is streamable because of how hot this offense is and how well the defense is playing behind it. You get guys like Adrian del Castillo, who I think you guys in two catcher leagues. I think I mentioned this last week, but you should be looking to pick him up. Probably gonna be a lot tougher now because that bat is hot and the Diamondbacks are rolling, and that's a big positive. Also on the rolling side, we talked about him off of that first start Jeffrey Springs. He allowed one run, struck out eight Oriols across five innings in a two to one win. Look at that for Jeffrey Springs on the underlying numbers A sixty seven. This is the Jeffrey Springs that I remember. Sixty seven percent whiff rate on his change up again, I mean oriols, all right, Orioles, you know, maybe off speed stuff. He had six whiffs on twenty three swings on the fastball, ten of fifteen swings induced whiffs. That's an absurd with rate sixty seven percent and a sixty seven percent on the sweeper. He ended the game forty two percent with rate, so dudes are just whip right through it. He also did a really good job at throwing his fastball in the zone and the keeping his secondaries out he actually induced. This is wild. There were eight foul tips, only four of them were on off speed. Everybody else has just whiffing on it. So Jeffrey Springs looked really, really good and is now back in the circle of trust. Correct.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, very absolutely, Like I was really bought in even after he kind of stunk up the joint in those first couple of starts.
Speaker 3: I was locked into some weekly leagues.
Speaker 2: So that Baltimore start and I was thinking, oh my god, this is going to be ugly. But he turned it around like we were hoping he would before he went down last year. This is a guy who was showing signs of being one of the better pitchers in all of baseball.
Speaker 3: It was going to take some.
Speaker 2: Time to get back into the swing of things, but over the final six weeks or whatever we have left here, I trust him immensely, and going into next season, I am going to be all over Springs, hoping that price doesn't get too too high.
Speaker 3: But I'm a huge fan. I'm a huge fan of what he brings to the table.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it'll get too high, but if he rattles off a couple more of these five and strikes out eight, it's gonna get to the point where we're like, oh, it's not gonna be free. Like I think the ceiling for Springs is gonna be something around like SP thirty five next year. I really think it'll be tough for him to break the top thirty just with all that misstime. But I don't think it's out of pocket. Like this is an interesting one. Like Finway said, drop crochet right now for Springs. I don't know if I could do that, But that's the territory that you're getting in with. Like when Springs is on, like he rolls, he rolls. He just doesn't have a great fastball, and he sets it up with secondary so teams that eat up secondary pitches are going to go. I think Springs, like I said, is capped right outside the top thirty at best for next season, and hopefully it's even cheaper.
Speaker 2: Right in terms of the price, absolutely, I could see him finishing top fifteen or twenty if things break right for him. Though the Crochet one is interesting. With what we've seen as of late, you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 3: I feel like I might.
Speaker 1: It's just like, I don't know. It was one start, like one start that really imploded right now, I'm like in a ten team league maybe, but like you just have to remember like Crochet also was like the leader pitching war leader in the first half, leader in strikeouts, like he was the most dominant. Yes, back half, he might be wearing down. Yes, there could be some rifty type of things that are happening with the White Sox. There's no run support. That's why I said ultimate SLF. I'd moved him down. I was as soon as he wasn't getting traded, or as soon as he put out the like I'm not gonna play for a playoff team without an extension. Down. We were down, down, down, But to the point where we're just dropping him, I don't know. I will say this, if you were to drop him, Jeffrey Springs is the type of player that you would want. This is who you would do it. I don't think I would advocate for dropping Crochet. At this point. But maybe he's just going to rattle off a bunch of poop starts the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: I just the way they're using him. He hasn't gone more than five innings in like a month. I really worry he's not gonna get wins. He wasn't gonna get wins regardless in Chicago, But I do worry about what, like we might keep you getting to the point of a total shutdown. I don't know if they're gonna just keep throwing him out there for three innings. Does it make sense with the team that's got what twenty seven wins this year? Does it make sense to keep throwing him out there in September when they're playing for nothing. They're probably gonna trade him in the off season. I worry about his value. I was a huge fan of Crochet, but you know, to your point, you gotta move him way on down if you still I mean, if I'm still seeing springs out there in a ten team league, I feel like I do it. If it's like a deep, twelve fifteen team league, I don't think I would cut Crochet yet, but shallow league players, it's a it's a tough conversation for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, it's actually interesting about what you said, Like if you're in like a deeper twelve team league and Springs is out there and there's not a lot else out there, like that actually kind of makes it tough because I was gonna argue that with Crochet. If you're in a ten team league with you know, the Merril's and the Jeffrey Springs and I don't know Ben Lively so whatever, Like there's like cool stuff sitting out the wire that you could stream. You might be better streaming with all those options than going down this road with Crochet where you could dump him and then you're just kind of in a tough spot if it's a deeper league, Like if you let out, someone's going to pick him up. I don't know. I tend to not want to be like he's completely done, But Springs is a type of guy that I would pick up. Another guy you might want to look at DL Hall. This was one of Joe's favorites. Joe Pisapia was finally activated and he fanned nine well, allowing three runs and four and two thirds against the Reds. They even pushed him up to ninety two pitches. So pretty solid for DL Hall. He's going to be a strikeout option against the reds Now. Let's talk about some rookie Lookie, here, two rookie pieces I have for you. One's good, ones bad. Zebbie Matthews, one of the highest risers this year, is definitely a player you're going to want to look to stream the Twins. They are calling him up. He's a twenty four year old who was in High A dominated, then went to Double A dominated and one of the biggest things to take away not is just his stuff where he can push it up to ninety eight fastball, got a really good slider and cutter. He has some of the best strikeout to walk numbers. It's George Kirby esque in the minors. He has struck out one hundred and fourteen batters while walking only seven. He has walked seven this entire year. I could be wrong, but I want to say it's like one start. Maybe it's no starts or one start of multi walks. He just doesn't He is a great command pitcher. The big fastball has been deuced. It's a five pitch mix inducing a bunch of strikeouts, and we've i'n't found on following him all year long. It's kind of one of those pop up guys. There were a couple of those older where you looked at them and you were like, twenty four year old, twenty three year old doing this at you know, a ball. Let's see if he gets challenged. He has met the call every step of the way, and now he's getting up to the majors and it's kind of like Pabloque to me, there's a Pablo nest to him. Where Pablo doesn't like to walk a whole bunch, you can usually bet his under one and a half walks and that pays off. ZEBI, Matthews, are you going to prioritize picking up one of these rookies, a guy like him with that repertoire? Are you gonna prioritize picking him up right now?
Speaker 3: I'll take a shot on him.
Speaker 2: I had a couple questions this morning about pick him up for Max Meyer, and I said, yeah, I'd probably make that swap Meyers look pretty rough.
Speaker 3: You know, I think the marlin just kind of ruined his season.
Speaker 2: Matthews is interesting because the command is, like you said, just like stupid. You know, you don't see this kind of stuff, especially with the strikeout right where it is like you'd expect like a Zach Eflin type of strikeout right here with this, with this type of walk rate point four to seven walks per nine. The thing that does wear me a little bit is he got a little bit of homer happy once he moved up to triple A. There twenty five percent homer to fly ball, one point nine homer per nine. It's a small sample size, but it's something that I do want to keep an eye on a little bit. Did bother him last year a little bit as well in High A. It's not a huge concern for me, though. I think that he definitely has the skills to have success right away, and I would pick him up in most cases. Maybe not like we're talking about in those ten teamers where the wires just packed with goodies there, I might not want to take a chance, but I think in most twelve fifteen teamers, I'm taking the shot on Matthews.
Speaker 1: I definitely am. I think something that you have to watch for are command pitchers that are gonna sit around in the zone, gonna be a little bit more susceptible to homers. It happens to Kirby as well. But if those pitchers then have like you know, strikeout stuff, which Zebbi does, I think that can make up for it, so I'm not too worried about it. He is still adjusting. This is one of those guys that's like bump up up levels, you know. It's kind of similar to what Jackson Holiday did last year, but not making the majors, so it's gonna be a big transition stuff. They're probably gonna just want him to throw strikes and command like he does, so you get the wrong guy. There could be a home or two. But I think zeb would be a solid streamer right now, and anybody in open keeper leagues, you know, with like ten or something like that, I would consider picking him up because, like I said, the stuff is there. Zebbi is very very interesting. On the inverse. We got info from the Yankees. Brian Cashman told MLB Network on Sunday there is no quote, no current lane to call up Jason Domingaz, which is absurdly annoying. Is ridiculous. The full quote over from World there's currently no lane for us to bring Dimingas up. It's nice to know he's there. He's just knocking rust off and waiting for his opportunity if it comes. Booh, it's annoying. It's I would say, it's actually as annoying I know for everybody else's cam and Aro. You know, I've moved off of the like get excited about camon arow thing long ago, but it's the same level of it. And they're prioritizing Alex Vdugo and his defense. I tell you, I've watched Jason in person a lot. He is not a good defender in the outfield. They're prioritizing for Dugo's defense over his bat and that stinks for us because, by god dude, the second half of this year we were like Juter Kremenaro and Jason Domingo's three two of the three that we care about and that we want, and it's not working out. So I really just do think in any instance where you were vying for stuff in Redraft, there's no reason to care about cam and Arrow and now Jason Dominguez even more. I thought there might have been the lane, but apparently that lane is closed and it's closed for construction for the season.
Speaker 2: Well, the fact that Cammanaro had some at bats last year meant that. I think he's like limited to ninety five or something at bats before he loses that rookie eligibility that gives him maybe a couple of weeks at the end of the season. It's been frustrating. I think the injury probably did mess with him there. If he didn't get hurt, he was healthy the whole year. Hard to think that he would have stayed down. He's basically a hosted situation. Yeah, that's that's pretty accurate from Lee in the chat.
Speaker 3: As when it comes to Jason Domengez and Virdugo, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Like it's not like Verdugo is giving you Brenton Doyle, Dalton Varshow, Kevin Kiermeyer level defense.
Speaker 3: He's been pretty good. He's like decent enough.
Speaker 2: But to keep a guy like Dimegus off the roster, I don't really understand it. The way that Verdugo has been leading off, I think is the craziest thing. Why is Verdugo leading off? I believe he is the worst hunt pace percentage on the team. It's three hundred. It's ridiculous for Judge and Soto to have to have Verdugo ahead of them. But I guess the Yankees are content with what's going on. I think they think the Judge and Sodo can carry them in the postseason. I wonder if maybe we get Dimingas up in the last couple of weeks, if he's able to prove himself, maybe he's able to sneak himself onto the postseason roster. But in terms of fantasy, I've kind of just thrown in the towel for this year for both of those.
Speaker 1: Guys, just enough time for him to not lose his roster qualifications so that he can be a rookie next year. Camonaro, Jason Dimingez your first best bets for Rookie of the Year in the AL for twenty twenty five, because it doesn't look like they're going to exhaust it and it kind of stinks. How about this for fun? I loved this because I love this guy in general. Let me find my piece that I dragged. Where the hell did I move it? Here?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: If you saw yesterday, I believe it was yesterday. Logan Gilbert goes out, strikes out, or it strikes out a bunch ghost seven like he does. I think he's gone thirteen innings over his last two give it up one earned run. He's a monster. Immediately following the game, this is shared by his teammates. He goes seven straight and immediately goes into the players I guess lounge area and starts rocking up What College Football? The new college football game on PS five and starts rocking his seasons. You can see Logan just sitting there. I tell you in person, he's one of He's one of the best baseball players I've ever been around. He's so persaval He's such a fun dude. First and last out on the Mariners camp. That's something I've always said, even though I was a little anti him, but it's hard not to love him. When you go out and professionally dominate at your level and then you get on and you're like, all right now, I gotta now, I gotta get my Eastern Washington dynasty to the to the you know, to the big game versus Alabama. So just you know, shout out. You guys can all appreciate that. Have you played? Are you a gamer?
Speaker 3: Guy?
Speaker 1: Do two games?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But not really college football. I'm more like the show. I'll play some Madden, I'll play some two K All the four major sports really college.
Speaker 3: I haven't really gotten into it. I was thinking about getting it.
Speaker 2: What I was wanting was like the ability to download historical rosters and play with like Reggie Bush sharing his Heisman year type of thing. But I think it's the whole image and likeness that kind of messes that up. But I think I'll probably eventually came in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I probably should. I just haven't played. I haven't played enough video games. But that is one of the best. So shout out to Logan Gilbert for dominating on the field and online as well. This was one one other just for fun. I just wanted to mention. I was actually talking with someone about this the other day and we've mentioned it briefly here. Paul Skeins has been dominant all season long. He got roughed up a little bit this week, and I was having this conversation with this person about Jackson Merrill and the season that Jackson Merrill has been having. I mean, you're hitting close to three hundred. You know, you're putting up counting stats that are lining up to maybe be a twenty twenty season. He has held this Pattery's team up as of Friday on a certain book Paul Skens was minus forty five hundred minus four. Think about that for a mente minus forty five hundred to win Rookie of the Year, absolutely absurd number. Today's Monday that one. I just want you guys to understand how volatile this is. And I am semi rooting for Jackson Merril because I put a preseason bet in at like plus seventeen hundred for Jackson Merril to win Rookie of the Year in the NL. I had him and Jackson Churio. The odds as of Monday have moved from minus forty five hundred to minus three to ninety for Paul Skeins. Jackson Merrill was plus nine point fifty on Friday is now plus two point fifty. Do you think at all that Jackson Merrill as a hitter, Traditionally it's hard for pitchers to win this. Do you think Jackson Merrill should be vying for this Rookie of the Year award doing the whole season dominating with the Padres. He has held this Padres team up. Or do you think this no matter what Paul Skeins does, he's going to lock it down.
Speaker 3: I tweeted this exact thing the other day.
Speaker 2: I said, I don't know if it's a hot taker or not, but I'd probably give it to Jackson Merrill if I had a vote, And it was kind of a mixed reaction. Some people thought I was crazy, some people thought that some people agreed with me. I think that the odds have been kind of weird for awards this season.
Speaker 3: Deal.
Speaker 2: We won't talk about al MVP maybe later on in the week, but it seems like the books have just assumed these awards are fore gone conclusions, and they're not. I mean, they don't like to give these awards the pitchers to begin with, but what if Skenes has, you know, another four starts down the stretch where he allows four or five or.
Speaker 3: In runs, they can't give him Rookie of the Year. They can't Merrill.
Speaker 1: Well, also, like if the Padre, what if the Padres overpast the Dodgers, They're right there, you know what I'm saying. Jackson Merrill has literally been the healthy constant. Bogarts was hurt, Tatisa's miss time, Muskrove has been hurt. God knows where Darvish is right now. The only constant, Hassan Kim was awful at the beginning to the only constant has been Jackson Merril, who by the way, is playing like gold glove at a new position to start the year and he's hitting like crazy. Just something to think about that, you know, Jackson Merrill might pull this and the pitching hitting side makes us really dicey, you know. Stryder kind of maybe should have won it the other year and Michael Harris ended up the same team, makes it a little bit different. But just something to be on the lookout for if you do have a Merle ticket out there, that Merle might be getting that. And the Al Unfortunately for Joe, he's you know, for him to not be here would be fun because we could talk about Langford because Langford is not even in the top five right now. Colton Kowser and Luis Heal seemed to be able to be running away with this. Looks like it might be Cawser right now, which would have been a big steal in a surprise to me if you were in that Rookie of the Year run all right, three up and three down, three up. Number one. Five players on Sunday hit multi homers, had two homers or more and two homers. Essentially, I went to look by the way, I wish I could find it. I couldn't. Wanted to know what is the most amount of two homer performances in one given day? Like how many players hit two or more homers? I could not find it online because yesterday five players did that. It was Soto for Joe cal Raley, Jorge Silaire, Andrew McCutcheon, and Byron Buxton, and they, by the way, on those homers combined for eighteen RBI. If anyone knows that number, I would love to know what is the most amount of two homer individual performances in one given day?
Speaker 3: That's a that's a Sarah Lang's tweet, Wait and happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't have the ability to look it up. Like, if that's not it, what do you think it is? If five isn't the most in one given baseball day? Like, what do you how many two home run performances do you think would be the most.
Speaker 2: Height of the steroid era? I'm not sure. It could be like double digits. I'm not sure. Really, it's crazy. I actually have no educated guest there. It could be twelve, could be fifteen. I actually have no idea.
Speaker 1: I'm going to say, like seven. If that's not the most, it's like seven feels right to me. Second up on the three up and three down, Brandon Law Andresimenez both had double stolen bases on Sunday, and Luis Castillo went six struck out nine. So those mariners have been doing some work. Those pitchers consistently bring them in. It's wild having. I mean, really, that's why this team would be the most dangerous in the playoffs if they had a little bit better consistency on the pitch. On the hitting side going you know, uh, George Kirby, Logan Gilbert and Luis Castillo devastating, absolutely devastating on the three down. Chris Bassett four innings, seven earned runs, gave up two homers. Chris Sanchez got obliterated by the Diamondbacks four and two thirds, gave up twelve hits and seven earned runs. And Jared Duran zho for three with three strikeouts, and we found out he does not like tennis rackets. Jared duran is going to get suspended. Bad bad choice across the board. He decided to use some profanities to a guy that was yelling at him that he needed to hit with a tennis ran and he came with a vengeance of poor language, very bad language, hateful language, and Jerry Durant's he's going to be going through it for a little bit, so Jaron Duran No thanks. Injuries, Let's go on the injury. Nothing to talk about there, Joe, nothing to even analyze on the injuries. Tory Levello told reporters on Sunday that Lordus Gurriel Junior was removed due to tightness in his left hamstring. Also, we had lost to tell Marte, but Marte is presumed to be coming back today. By the way, someone in the chat said, could tell Marte number one second basement next year?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, overall, tuve do you take him over all tub Yeah? I don't know, healthy Mookie bets.
Speaker 1: It's not a second baseman's the right fielder now or shortstop.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I take him over all two a like that?
Speaker 1: Can I don't think that's just going to qualify at second base next year.
Speaker 3: He probably got enough games in this year, didn't he He.
Speaker 1: Played shortstop almostly, and he played like sixty seven of his games at short so I think he has like thirteen games at second, so I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Maybe i'd be like Yahoo, he probably will NFBC. I guess yeahs on you format. But Altubage is so consistent year in a year out with Katel is brilliant that he's been. There's not so much consistency there year in and year out in terms of these type of like top fifty seasons. He did it in twenty nineteen, he's doing it this year. But Altuoba just does it every single year.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: If we had time, I would put a poll out and I think it would be seventy percent Kutel. But maybe I'm wrong here. But hopefully we'll get lorrid Is back here. James Paxton is undergoing an MRI on his right calf on Monday had to be helped off. Riley Green is expected to begin a rehab assignment a triple A on Tuesday, so he should be back soon. Dodgers they placed River Ryan on the fifteen day IL because he is gone for the season. They announced right elbow injury and Andrew Friedman with the Dodgers reported that Max Munsey is going to be activated off the IL on the next Dodgers homestand which I believe is next or this coming weekend. So I think that's where it is going. So you should be able to let Dodgers getting some reinforcements here. All right, let's reinforce these bets. It's time for Mondays best bets of the day. Look at that with Joe Rico in the well. Still no updated artwork. Almost at the point it doesn't matter. We should just keep it here, all right, best bets here, Joe. I almost for a minute there thought you copy and pasted what you had on last time? Can I ask you something? Do we only have you on when Taj Bradley pitches? You have put I'm just I'm just killing it now. You've put TODs Bradley back on here. You've put todz Bradley every single day you've been on this show. Somehow he always pitches when you're here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm on like once every five days, so it kind of makes sense. But I'm contractually obligated to bet Taj Bradley overs when I see them on the board.
Speaker 3: I especially when it comes to strikeouts. The dude is.
Speaker 2: One of the better strikeout pitches in all of baseball. I know that last start did not go terribly well for him, but they're still setting the lines really low. At five and a half, he's consistently going over. He's consistently hitting six seven eight strikeouts this season five and a half. It's only minus one oh five, but it feels like pretty decent bet there. That was actually the second one, the one that I'm prioritizing is Lad Guerrero Junior. He did have that long hit streak. I think it was up to twenty one or twenty two games. It did get snapped, but he is, you know, facing the Angels. Tonight's facing Davis Daniel. Not the trickiest of matchups here. So I'm taking over two and a half hits, runs and RBIs at plus money a decent chance. He gets that out of the way in the first inning by taking one over the fence. He has been incredible. Vlad's been back to like twenty twenty one level Vlad for those amazing for most of the season, and I think that this would you.
Speaker 1: Really would you want next year Julio or Vlad.
Speaker 3: Julio.
Speaker 1: I know the stolen base for Julio thing, but okay.
Speaker 2: It's still Julio for me as a Blue Jays fan. As a Toronto Homer, I'd still take Julio, but it's it's getting pretty close. They're gonna be pretty close in terms of ADP. But I really like Flat tonight and then the final one A little bit different from what I usually do here, but Atlanta San Francisco. I'm taking the under on the total for the game at six and a half, which is a pretty low total. The reason the reason I'm doing that is wet. It is Chris Sale and Blake Snell who have been two especially Chris Sale the entire year has been brilliant, but Blake Snell is fully into second half Snell mode. He looks like he is gonna be one of the best pitchers in the second half, like he is pretty much every season.
Speaker 3: And I think, as risky as this.
Speaker 2: One is, getting it at plus was it plus one hundred here, I'm betting on the Aces being Aces tonight.
Speaker 1: Well see, I'll bullpens worry me a little bit too. I mean, Kamillo davall option one of the things I did not see blows of save gets option. Camilla davall Is doesn't need to be rostered in fantasy right now, so I probably would have loved to play and see what that like. Three and a half runs, so the first five looks like but I like that. That's tricky, and that's sneaky, sneaky on the plus money. All right, three bets I've got, Well, I'm playing on the hit run and RBI, and I'm going with Corbyn Carroll. I don't bet Corbyn Carroll a lot, but you've got Colorado as the matchup. Corbyn Carroll hits around sixty points higher at home right now. He has hit this in two of his last games. Hit run RBI over two and a half, it's plus one third five. Feel very good about that with Corman Carrol, especially on the trajectory he's on. As we mentioned earlier, he is a hitting' in August. Second up, I'm going with Kansas City Minnesota, no run first inning, Little Nerfy minus one twenty five, Brady Singer, Pablo Lopez, no runs. They're about in the middle tier. Both of these teams do not score in the first inning when they are on the road, and that is going to be Kansas City at this point. Minnesota does score quite a bit more at home, but they're still middle of the pact overall, So we're going with the odds that both these pitchers will hold it down in the first inning, no run, first inning with good odds, and finally the prop cheat sheet over on Betting Pros. This is their second highest on the total basis, but I believe it had a much better track record. I think it was like eight of the last fifteen or maybe ten of last fifteen. This is hit I'm going with total basis. Freddie Freeman over plus one thirty five. Number one was like, it's like profar or a catcher or something like that. But you can go over to Betting Pros. You can go and check out the cheat sheet and then you can sort by different types of props and you can see, you know, what has the highest odd percentage, what's the best return plus money. You can do a bunch of sorting. This was one of the top total base plays. They've been pretty dang good this season. So Freddy Freeman over one and a half total base is at plus one thirty five. Cormacarrol hit run, RBI, no run first in Kansas City, Minnesota. Freddie Freeman total bases for me. Joe has got Vlad Guerrero hit run RBI, TODJ. Bradley strikeouts over and the Atlanta San Francisco total on the under. He's a madman. Friends. Those are our best bets of the day. That's right, brought to you by bet three six five and Betting Pros. All right, Joe, let's take a look at our home runs. And let's take a look at the home run board. Da da da. Joe is still on at thirty two. Fred Dinger, are you in here? Because I got to this weekend from from Matt Olson. I believe that puts me at twenty seven twenty eight. I feel like I'm close. But Joey p is still holding on at thirty two. If Frey Dinger's on there at thirty two as well, I'm at twenty nine. Oh my god, I'm right there. Wonkee has got thirty six in twelfth place, but the top spots go to Elskel and South African Gee, who are both over the forty marker on August twelfth. Holy crap at forty one, be Trot Larry at thirty nine, JJ Tator. Also, geez, we got five people at thirty nine. This race is close, Ladies and gentlemen. That Vladimir Guerrero bat looks mighty tasty to more people as he has gotten hot and looking like an almost first rounder, and that is quite a race. But my race, my friends, is simply just getting on the board over Joe Piezapia. So I'm going to try to do it today. But Joe, let's start with you. Where are you going for your home run call?
Speaker 3: I'm going back to the chalk. You know.
Speaker 2: The first few times I was on was Nolan Gorman, Jorge Shilaire. Last week I took Bobby Wood Junior. He went double dong. I think Welsh and I actually both got double dongs when I was on the show last week. So I'm going Aaron Judge, he is going to hit the first home run that Kai Bush has surrendered in his career in the first inning tonight. That is my guest here. You look pretty rough in this first start. He walked five batters. It was Oakland he was he was not looking great.
Speaker 3: And we know what Aaron Judge is capable of doing.
Speaker 2: He's probably gonna get the sixty again, and I think he's gonna head at least one of them tonight. Let's hope for another double dog from Aaron Judge.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll give me Corey Seger Brian Bayo as an over fifteen run home run to flyball ratio fifteen percent, one of the highest percentage of a home run flyball ratio. So give me Cory Seger to get on that board and get me give me to thirty, give me close to that board. All right, that's gonna do it. You can find Joe Rico at Joe Arico ninety nine. You can find me at is It The Welsh makes your subscribe to the podcast my friends. Subscribe to the podcast on YouTube and subscribe on your favorite podcast app. Reminder, Also, Joe and I are going to be doing a show in about an hour on our live discord. It's football show. But if you guys want to get me, Joe and Bogman back together, we record him live fantasypros dot Com slash chat. If you want to get in on the free discord, you can check out all the premium stuff as well. That's gonna do it for Joe. I'm Welsh. We'll talk to you on Wednesday, case, but back in the house until then, friends, have a fantastic week. We'll talk to you later. Thanks.
Speaker 4: For listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB