Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 2: Erness What's Up?
Speaker 1: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting business that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 2: What matters most ready.
Speaker 1: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 3: Quantum computing something that's been getting live attention lately. Yeah, you know, they said, a quantum computers. These things actually can solve in minutes what a regular computer takes one million years to solve. It's not really at full capacity yet, they said, over the next five years, maybe ten years, it'll be like but you have to keep it in the coldest conditions known to human and their complex computers. They pose a great risk security because they can crack codes, they could do they could they could do pretty much anything. So a lot of people think that's going to be a risk to cryptocurrency, especially bitcoin, because Bitcoin it's not like they have like a working in governance that's actually updating cybersecurity on nobody even you know. It's a little harder than like say ethereyum more centralized coin where they can you know, adapt with the times a little quicker. So how will this affect bigcoin and cryptocurrency.
Speaker 2: Short term or long term? No, short term is not gonna have an effect.
Speaker 3: For long term, I.
Speaker 4: Think I first mentioned quantum on the show maybe three years ago, two and a half years ago. The next biggest space. It's gonna be really interesting, though. What I will say about that Google quantum chip. I scoured the internet high and low looking after I looked at Travis's drama that he had going on, and the thing that I didn't see was a demo. So, if you have this amazing chip and I'm seeing more videos about cooking wakaya than you of this, this demo to the quantum, I don't believe you. We need more people y'all missed out on the AI race the first time. I'm not saying that Google does not have the chip. I will have loved to see the demo though, now, how will affect pitcoin. I think at some point there may be some attacks, but I think they're also whoever runs the quantum space will end up providing cybersecurity for them. So if I have the ability to break into your safe, why not hire me a security for your safe to help you kind of keep some of these things encryptis so, but I do think the sector is going to have a tremendous impact on crypto as a whole, the economy as a whole. It's gonna be the next space. It's gonna be as how as AI was the last two years. But I don't I'm not sold on Google having the solution yet.
Speaker 2: And I know.
Speaker 4: Everybody's asking about qubs and the small companies. I'm telling you a small company is not going to take the lead over in this race. Is probably one of the most important innovations of like the last eighty years.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: I think short term, the quantum computers they're just not powerful enough to interrupt bitcoin.
Speaker 2: It's interesting, I was with you.
Speaker 1: I didn't see a demo, so when we talked about we're talking about Willow and that that's the computer, And so I did like, now I got to do the research on it. So now I'm trying to figure out, like how does this thing work? And so the work qubits come up, So like if you're doing research on quantum computing, you're gonna hear cute bits, and it just means a quantum bit. So if all y'all like that grew up playing video games, you remember when it was like sixteen.
Speaker 2: Bit, thirty two bit, sixty four bit.
Speaker 1: That was just the measure of information that can be taken, and so a cubit is that it's the measure of information that can be taken inside a quantum computing WILLO right now is at one hundred and five super conducting cubits, So one hundred and five that's where it's at presently.
Speaker 2: Currently.
Speaker 1: The problem with quantum computing, and if you read every physicist and every expert, is the error tests.
Speaker 2: Right. It can do things.
Speaker 1: Very fast, but there's an accurate the reliability of it is so far off right now in present day, in order for it to have satisfactory errorrates, it needs about fifteen hundred cubits. So right now WILLO is at one oh five to have satisfactory.
Speaker 2: Errorrates, and it needs fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: For it to have large perform large fault tolerant calculations, it needs between one hundred thousand to one million cubits. So when we talk about where are we at in quantum computing.
Speaker 2: Was it a breakthrough?
Speaker 1: Is that one oh five To have a large model, we need about one hundred thousand to a million.
Speaker 2: So we're kind of out of that. Like I said, as far as Bitcoin.
Speaker 1: Not powerful enough yet when it becomes right, because bitcoin isn't going anywhere, quantum computer isn't going anywhere.
Speaker 2: Bitcoin, if you understand proof of stake, proof.
Speaker 1: Of work, it has the ability to change in terms of forking, and so, like again doing the researchhowing it, they're already trying to figure out how they can have like cryptographic algorithms are resistant to quantum computing, and so these technologies are working at the same time.
Speaker 2: They know the issue that it's ahead of it.
Speaker 1: They are already people trying to figure out what is the soft fork that can help be resistance to it, and so that happened, like by the time we figured it out, they've been working on it for probably three years, already knowing that this is this is the the case going forward for quantum computing and the road that it'll collabe with bitcoin, because like you said, security and reliability're gonna be the two things that be at the forefront of it.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like when an artists back in the day said I had a fire album and it's like, well, let me hear something.
Speaker 2: It's like, give me nine more months. It's like.
Speaker 4: If it was there, they would have had demo day immediately.
Speaker 2: Ten seconds snipt of the album.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I mean most people say that it's not ready yet, but it will be.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 3: Google Google China put more money in than than anybody else. And I even saw a study there was like the scientists, like the graduation, the graduate classes for like these type of the average in America is four students per class and China is twenty five students. So they they are pumping billion dollars into America's too, but they're they're putting even more resources, talent, human resources into quantum computing and their patients. So when it does happen, they're definitely working hard towards fine tuning it and being the leaders in it.
Speaker 2: And that's the point. It's like quantumpules not going anywhere, And if.
Speaker 1: We look at it like we looked at AI, then yeah, there'll be companies leaning it, but infrastructure will still be needed. Right, So if you're looking like how do we what's the play? Like you said, there's people that will put up like these other quantum computing.
Speaker 2: Stocks, look for the comportary.
Speaker 1: Look for infrastructure, right because they need to be held somewhere.
Speaker 2: Cooling is very important to it. Who are the companies that are creating those things?
Speaker 1: Power and energy are going to be important like this that the power is ridiculous, Like when you're talking about how fast this works, they said that Willow's complex calculation can create a solve something in five minutes, which would normally take a classic supercomputer around ten sets tillion years to complete.
Speaker 2: That sounds good with no demo, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So think about the power that's going to take to do that, Think about the infrastructure that needs to be house to do that. Those are the areas that I would be looking at if we're talking about five ten years when it comes to quantum computing.
Speaker 5: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you reach using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.