Speaker 1: Welcome back to Artists on Artists on Artists on Artists. This week on the show, we have a very special crew here on a very special mission.
Speaker 2: It's crowdfunding artists.
Speaker 3: Crowdfunding is the number one way to get people that love you to pay for your projects.
Speaker 4: It's a very, very exciting new endeavor that.
Speaker 3: Has completely changed the landscape of the creator.
Speaker 5: World, move over traditional Hollywood in terms of funding because there are new people that are going to donate probably twenty five cents to a dollar at a time to hit a one point seven million dollar budget.
Speaker 6: So post that kickstarter link, hit that goal, and let's listen in.
Speaker 2: I'm checking the Steedents Spark and so mu check the Kickstarter.
Speaker 3: I'm checking the Kickstarter right now and I'm actually seeing that we are ninety seven percent funded.
Speaker 2: Hi, I am on the Spark.
Speaker 1: I am on the Steedentspark and it says we are It says the Kickstarter is ninety nine percent funded, and says the Scene Spark is ninety two percent funded.
Speaker 3: We have ninety seven percent of our one hundred thousand dollars goal, which means we have ninety seven thousand dollars.
Speaker 7: Guys, I have I have chills. I literally chill.
Speaker 2: I am literally shaking.
Speaker 6: Do you guys feel like this sort of like responsibility to society?
Speaker 7: Like we are the new way?
Speaker 2: Go on me, just our GoFundMe just hit eighty five percent funded?
Speaker 5: Really well, we only did one thousand dollars on GoFundMe, so that.
Speaker 2: Should be and that's because of the tax stuff.
Speaker 4: Yea, that should be an ace in the hole.
Speaker 7: I said we were going to use that for my ankle.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: But I'm like I feel the exact same where I'm like, this is exciting, like this is like the new way, Like we don't need Hollywood to open its doors, like hello, We're opening our own doors.
Speaker 7: Yes, sort of like bust down the gates, like we're here.
Speaker 1: We doniana bust downa bust down.
Speaker 2: We got money for your ankle, Tatiana bust down.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say ten minutes, no phone, which is something that I haven't done for thirty days.
Speaker 2: But what am I going to do? I have to tell them one percent backers. I have to text them what's up? No, don't text every hour. I have to text them what's up? Well, you already texted them, didn't you just text them. You're right to have an hour.
Speaker 5: You have an hour.
Speaker 7: You have an hour.
Speaker 4: Back. By the way, one thousand dollars for your ankle. What are we doing for that?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I'm really really excited about what my ankle is doing.
Speaker 2: Well, it doesn't it doesn't sell in the movie unless it's really bad for the ankle.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well I I have to So I have to get my ankle injured for the movie because one of the key parts of my character in this movie is that is that my ankle hurts, and in order for people to really believe it, they have to see it's no CGI.
Speaker 7: No CGI, no AI.
Speaker 6: By the way, so we're puting a real man to hit me over the club, like to hit my club my ankle, to club it, to club it a bit so that it puffs up a little bit, so that I, as an actor, can like really be in the moment.
Speaker 2: And his rate is nine to fifty in the club is fifty yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: And he's really have a massive deal, a massive deal hunt on the club.
Speaker 2: He did my sister in two thousand and three. Yeah, that's how we.
Speaker 6: Made And why did your sister need that? By the way, what why did your sister.
Speaker 7: Need this service.
Speaker 2: They were dating.
Speaker 7: They were dating.
Speaker 1: They were dating the low right, right, but you're right thinking about it now, I'm like, why did she bring him up when I said we need somebody to hit We need somebody to hit Marissa with with a guy?
Speaker 2: She said about that guy.
Speaker 7: All the way back. Something just fell.
Speaker 4: We need to go all the way back.
Speaker 2: That's my second phone. That's my second phone.
Speaker 1: We must have gotten another alert. We must have gotten another alerts.
Speaker 4: That big phone that they sell in stores.
Speaker 2: I use it for our Tumbler updates. Guys, guys, guys.
Speaker 5: We are here yes, to do one thing, and that is to finish out our crowdfunding. So why don't we go around introduce ourselves and our position in this wonderful project and what this project is about, and maybe that will actually help hit our final funding.
Speaker 3: Everything we do that's my hey, hey, that's my baby a baby.
Speaker 4: Everything we do here needs to be clippable. We need to use this some way on social media.
Speaker 7: That's right, So you start your sentences loud. The thing I love about crowdfunding is.
Speaker 1: Yes, continue, yeah, but at the end, that's that's smart, horrible or something like like like ninety percent of the way there for our indie movie.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, start with the number.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety percent of the way there for our indie movie.
Speaker 1: You guys are my best friends, and I just do want to stop and say, like I feel like for people who have just met us on this thing.
Speaker 2: We have been working together for how many months now.
Speaker 4: There's a revolution in Hollywood. It's been nine months.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: It's a literal baby, I know. Yeah, because I took clowning with you.
Speaker 7: Yes, how many months ago? Eight months ago?
Speaker 5: Whoa, So that doesn't make sense. Well, you guys had started working together, right, that's how you met. We just took Clouding together.
Speaker 7: Chester Crowning together.
Speaker 6: We decided, you know, a month into the crowdfunding that it would be good.
Speaker 1: It's even a month into crowdfunding because it's been because we started crowning, right, and you guys, you guys met back up at that Dave and Busters.
Speaker 2: How many months ago we were in that hot shots tournament.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we were the top two.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I remember at the end, remember we said, we said, let's just do this together.
Speaker 7: Woke up a competition they had to wed So hot shot is.
Speaker 4: What sport it's like that basketball game. Yea, so we would we would throw it one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got three points in total at the end because we had to hold it with both hands, but we ended up splitting it because we were the.
Speaker 4: Final third and fourth place were pissed and we.
Speaker 5: Were like, this is so crazy and fun, Like maybe there should be a movie about something like that. Literally, maybe it's a movie about the staff of a place like Dave and Busters.
Speaker 1: How many movies so we used to see start and end at an arcade like literally yes, like honestly, think about it.
Speaker 3: Tron wreck your round? Stop stop stop? Oh sorry stop? I thought you were literally asking no, no, stop.
Speaker 2: Well that's enough.
Speaker 7: Two is enough. Two is more than I thought, But you got okay.
Speaker 5: I've always been interested in the life of people that work at arcades, and so we thought maybe we can dive into it.
Speaker 2: And then and so you guys met. You guys talked about that, and you said, let me bring on my girlfriend.
Speaker 5: I said, let me bring my girlfriend.
Speaker 2: And we met.
Speaker 5: How many ms go ten years? We're meeting for ten years.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so like one hundred months, high school.
Speaker 5: One hundred and twenty we are high school street twenty one hundred twenty thousand, thousand. I said, my girlfriend would freaking smash the shesh out of this, Like literally, she will get this screenplay and like be able to do so much with it, like she is a beast in front of the camera.
Speaker 1: I went to the first ever creative writing preschool and that changed the dectory in my life. Yeah, it changed everything. And I think my parents for that every single day. And that's why I think when you gave me this baton of like, here's the idea, run with it. Write the script, Write the script, Jenny, I did it. Yeah, and I was like, but I literally can only see my best friend in it, my best friend in the entire world. Stop, the most beautiful ankles I've ever seen.
Speaker 7: Stop, well for now stop. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm really excited and honored to be here. I'm really excited to sort of like do this twohander with you where it's like we're in an arcade, and like why did we work in an arcade? You know, why didn't we become mathematicians like our dads wanted. Why didn't we like why didn't we pursue a doctorate? We wanted something more? Because games are how we view the world literally, and so this Davedbusters. We wanted it to be really personal, so we named it after some of our fathers. And so it's Mike and and and Ike Mike and Ike, which.
Speaker 5: Is crazy like and we know, like a lot of you in writing like I, we'll probably get in trouble for that because Mike and I does have a it's like a candy.
Speaker 4: We're doing Mike and Ike. It's not in.
Speaker 2: Ike like the ca Yeah is a candy Mike Ike.
Speaker 4: It's Mike and Ikes.
Speaker 7: It's Mike and Ikes.
Speaker 5: Are they saying Mike is in IKEA.
Speaker 2: Maybe Mike is inside Ike? So Ike is a bottom?
Speaker 8: Wait?
Speaker 2: Is a bottom?
Speaker 4: Mike and Ike gay icon?
Speaker 7: Because I actually haven't thought about this.
Speaker 2: I feel like it and that's why you're directing the movie.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Okay, wait, I need to put a pause on this because that's not the idea we're here for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, sorry, but think about.
Speaker 9: That, guys, and that we can't imagine like a sitcom where it's Mike and Ike and they're candies but they're gay and they're being said.
Speaker 7: And they're so different.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm Ike is really organized and Ike is really messy.
Speaker 1: I'm creating a rich fund goal that if you give over ten thousand dollars, you get to write the script with us for Mike and I gay.
Speaker 2: That such a good idea.
Speaker 7: I can't wait to have them in the writer's.
Speaker 2: Room with us.
Speaker 3: I love when the only reason someone is working on something is because they give money for it. Y.
Speaker 10: Yes, Yes, back to craft Funday, Okay, wait, we have to.
Speaker 3: By the way, we're all literally almost ten minutes and we haven't even introduced star cells.
Speaker 5: Yes, no, said a single name, Mike and Ike and our fathers Mike and Ike.
Speaker 7: So so my name, my name is Rachel. Uh kickstart intro?
Speaker 4: Do like it intro.
Speaker 2: We'll do our Yes, everyone do your intro and say your role and say the name of the movie, which is Mike and Ikes. No, that's the other movie. This is the other movie ArKade.
Speaker 4: You were doing that one.
Speaker 11: Now it's we were doing Arcade, Raised Our Crazy, Raised Crazy Crazy.
Speaker 2: You have to say here.
Speaker 1: Arcade, Arcade, Raisy, Arcade, Rais Arcade, Raisin Arcade.
Speaker 5: Raisin Arcade, Raising in the Sun, Sorry, Arcade, Raising in the Sun.
Speaker 2: Are crazy? Are crazy?
Speaker 1: Arcadere crazy Town Our Town's crazy Arcade.
Speaker 2: Titled Arcade untitled Arcade project. Of course, that's what is working.
Speaker 4: Unentitled Arcade project.
Speaker 7: Untitled arcade project.
Speaker 6: And that's because I remember we went back and forth. That's what the kickstarter is called.
Speaker 4: Here's the good thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, we're calling it untitled arcade projects because the cool thing is that's how you know you are all the creative once.
Speaker 6: You have the right Yeah, how I love l A was untitled Rachel Sennate project. Right, Yeah, we are taking the I P and the recognizability of arcade and using that to our advantage.
Speaker 1: So now we can do whatever we do because it's what you just said. Though we can't do there's so many different you can see this on our page. You could see this on all the different pages on crowdfunding, each of the crowdfunding sites we have. You can decide what movie this is. Like there's a version of this movie where we shoot it in four days. There's a version of this movie that we shoot it.
Speaker 6: Yes, too much, someone donates two hundred thousand dollars, we shoot this whole thing in four days. Like they get to choose the production schedule.
Speaker 5: We choose where we shoot it and how we shoot it and what we're wearing and what we're doing during the filmy, I.
Speaker 7: Like three hundred thousand. They get to decide how much sleep we get.
Speaker 5: We have yet to introduce ourselves.
Speaker 1: We'll go back to okay, and we'll go back because it's really important because especially the lunch goals, when you guys get to decide our diet throughout the movie, that's a that's a hefty goal.
Speaker 6: This is a hefty goal, and we hope we reach it because that will change some things about the performance. My name is Rachel, and I didn't even get to my last name. My name is Rachel Pie and I am a dreamer. I'm an actor, I'm a storyteller, and I've never seen myself.
Speaker 7: On screen before.
Speaker 4: I want to apologize really quick.
Speaker 2: By the way, I realized, I didn't think your name was pronounced Rachel.
Speaker 5: What did you think it was?
Speaker 4: It was Rael.
Speaker 2: You've been saying.
Speaker 7: Rac racial, pirac.
Speaker 2: I don't know each other for like nine months.
Speaker 7: We've known each other for like nine months.
Speaker 8: We've been.
Speaker 4: Actually how many.
Speaker 2: I guess if you.
Speaker 5: Just makes so much sense because you keep on just walking and going, well, not to get all racial in here.
Speaker 6: You're kind of like, oh, well, not to get all racial, but like I'm going to take two shots and pass out?
Speaker 7: Are you making like a race stroke?
Speaker 12: Like so much?
Speaker 1: Like remember the other day you went because we were talking about your ankle, and you went, let's think about the racial implications here, anyone, what do you even.
Speaker 2: By the racial implications you think of her ankle?
Speaker 6: And we were like, yeah, what, Oh my gosh, I'm actually explained so much. I kept thinking you were like sort of calling me racist.
Speaker 4: I thought you were named racial.
Speaker 7: That's crazy to keep going because it spelled with the C and you know that. Yeah, because we met like eight months.
Speaker 2: Ago, right, go, I go already see a black out from.
Speaker 5: Nine months ago? Right, you guys must have met nine months ago.
Speaker 7: We did because we took I think eight months we took eight months ago.
Speaker 5: That's just how you guys have met.
Speaker 2: That helps us remember.
Speaker 7: Because we did backhamm and we did that.
Speaker 6: We were that backham in charity, like for those men at the park who didn't have anyone to play Backammon with because they were all they weren't friends with each.
Speaker 3: Other's backcam in charity. That was kind of not actually a charity but more of an activity we did for to each other feel like you did something right.
Speaker 4: I mean it was charity for sure.
Speaker 7: You could have patch yourself on the back of it.
Speaker 4: Well, I will say it felt like work.
Speaker 7: Those guys were not They were not shared a conversation.
Speaker 4: And badminton was a back game and was a tough thing to get them into.
Speaker 7: It's a tough thing. It's a tough thing. They were all set up for chess.
Speaker 6: But I'm really excited to be a part of this movie because again, I've never seen myself on screen as someone who wanted to work in an arcade, even though I originally started in math, and so to finally see that on screen, I'm really excited for. And I'm really excited to be doing it with my best friends, who I all met recently.
Speaker 2: I would be missing. We didn't talk about how much you look like Margot Robbie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so much like we always talked about how hot you are.
Speaker 2: And then I go like, you're right, and then we talk about a little bit. Yeah, we talk. We go in guys talk about that we do. And I would be remis by bring it up because I know he would first.
Speaker 7: That's like the funniest bit.
Speaker 5: You're like literally a spinning image of Margot rob h.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny is I always I have wondered if you guys have had a threesome at one.
Speaker 7: Point, what the funniest idea that'd be.
Speaker 6: It's like the funniest idea because like I've thought about this, right, I have thought of it.
Speaker 7: I thought about this and gone, like, what would it happened?
Speaker 2: Like that's what I'm wondering to, Like, what would happened?
Speaker 5: I think it happened.
Speaker 1: I think I wouldn't do anything collaboratively with you guys unless it was kind of like a goal on the page, and.
Speaker 6: I would imagine, imagine the threesome some target like ten thousand dollars and we have a threesome.
Speaker 2: What I got to do for five?
Speaker 7: I don't think, like imagine it was twenty two hundred and.
Speaker 2: Like, or what if it was like a smaller goal, what if it.
Speaker 7: Was just like what if we just kind of put it back?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: In Okay, your turn.
Speaker 4: My name is Bert Boyle.
Speaker 3: I'm playing Stinker, the referee of the arcade game, and he's kind of a nerd but lovable. I would say his concert somewhere between Dwight Shrew and Schmidt from New Girl.
Speaker 5: Right in the middle, and if.
Speaker 1: You give a certain amount of money, you can decide on the shom spectrum spectrum, and that spectrum is big.
Speaker 2: We've britten it off.
Speaker 5: We've read it out and yeah we have it's on a white board and we pigured it out and we can move it depending on the voting.
Speaker 7: I know, as it stands, you are three quarters of the way to shreot.
Speaker 5: We are.
Speaker 7: There's still time, ninety seven percent of the way there. The final day is today.
Speaker 4: The trajectory is is going true. If you donate, you can get me more Schmidt. I would like that.
Speaker 3: I would prefer that I will play either. I'm excited. He's the Raskle, He's you know. I am so excited because we came up with this idea. I said, I want to play the lovable weird.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah.
Speaker 4: And it's been so fun to be put in that hole.
Speaker 2: It's literally awesome and I'm so happy you were down for that.
Speaker 3: What's craziest, I didn't know how many pitches you were going to have for me, of all the things that we're going to be put up on my body and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, hit me in the nut.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's like.
Speaker 5: That's like the thing with like these movies and those kind of guys, like you want to see them like get hit in the nuts, like you have pizza on their face, Like yeah you do, get like covert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it speaks to your charms. Say it speaks to your charm, you really do.
Speaker 7: That's so fucking funny.
Speaker 1: It speaks to your charm because like even when we like push you for fun and you fall, it's so charming.
Speaker 2: It's so charming. We were missed to put it in the movie.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh. The pogo stick bit is so funny.
Speaker 3: Oh that's a really funny bit. It's it goes up your so it goes what's crazy? Is it hits me in the notes? I fall down, It flies in the air on a big old bounce. I'm rolling up.
Speaker 2: That's so bad.
Speaker 5: I cannot wait for that reaction shot of think you're close up on your face.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 6: My favorite thing in movies that I can't wait to replicate is when there's a shot of one person's eyes and they wide and you could tell something went up there.
Speaker 4: Ask yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I think I would be I would be remiss if I didn't bring up the fact that if you don't if we don't hit one of our goals, we don't have a stunt coordinator or a safety ty on sevendy.
Speaker 2: So there's a world in which we do this.
Speaker 5: Is not including stunt guy or safety coordinator. You would have to make one hundred and fifty percent of what we've put up on seven sparked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's also like a safety thing.
Speaker 2: And that's why I think you should like think about that when you're giving.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, yeah, if we don't reach a certain goal, we don't get the goalpro that goes on the pogost goes into my.
Speaker 2: Ass, and that's creative your body, and I appreciate that. I actually would be okay if we didn't reach that goal. Speaking of check the goal, Oh my god, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: In the last ten minutes, this is really exciting. On the go fund met, we have raised forty dollars.
Speaker 2: This is crazy. This is crazy, guys.
Speaker 3: Much shout out to uh Steally Dave, I guess that must be a name or that's so funny funny donated forty dollars.
Speaker 2: And really thank you.
Speaker 4: You know, if you've donate forty dollars, you.
Speaker 2: Get the T shirt, and you get a DVD copy of the movie when it's made, and.
Speaker 4: You get a button from set from one of the arcade games.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be so fun Hey, guys, I'm Jenny. I like I like we said, I wrote the movie and I'm going to be in it. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'm so wait.
Speaker 6: You know, you know what's so funny that you're because you're Jenny, and I just realized you guys look like Justin Timberlake and Jessica bial.
Speaker 7: No way, Yeah, just stop, like one of those couples that's just kind of like.
Speaker 5: Jenny make you think of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what's so funny about my name that made you think?
Speaker 7: I don't like Jessica Because Jenny and jenn Sica kind of like rhyme.
Speaker 2: You're so funny.
Speaker 5: Stop.
Speaker 1: It was like I was watching the Barbie movie when you said that you look so much like Margo Robins.
Speaker 2: I'm It's so true.
Speaker 7: You guys are like Jessica feel it's just a differently.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Yeah, I love creative writing. I'm really into It's me Jenny, not Jessica.
Speaker 1: VI.
Speaker 7: You have to keep her mind.
Speaker 5: I really do.
Speaker 1: We are Hey what Sorry, I keep talking about the clips. We're ninety percent funded on our indie movie. My name is Jenny uh Marb, Jenny Marb, Jenny Marb and Marb.
Speaker 2: You know, I've just been so excited to work with you guys and just do this thing. Just do this thing, just do this thing.
Speaker 5: Well, you're not only the creative writer too, like you also are acting in it. Yes, it's like a vehicle for both of you, which I like, really.
Speaker 1: Really love and I love that, like because of my creative writing background, you guys were so receptive to meet calling me instead of being the screenwriter, being the creative writer.
Speaker 2: And that's why I want to also be the creative actor.
Speaker 5: But that's like the cool thing about this is like we get to decide nobody.
Speaker 2: We get to decide what everything is. There's no red tap.
Speaker 4: We are the gate keepers. We hold the keys to the kingdom.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the new Guard. We're in charge now and the kingdom is password protected. Can we talk about our passwords on all these accounts? We have to organize our past, we have to organize our kickstarted. Password is spooky goblin say it.
Speaker 2: You're just a loser, No, I said, we have to talk about our organization the past. Sorry, okay, go just in.
Speaker 7: We're gonna have to actually scariest one to give away too, because that's where all the money is.
Speaker 4: Well, and that's the scariest one to put in every time I write it.
Speaker 1: No, it's spooky, and that's why we thought no one would hack it, because no one would type that.
Speaker 3: To imagine what if I accidentally was putting that into a website. That's something the thing that I wrote down instead of using it as a password.
Speaker 6: It is that could happen, and I'm glad we decided to do We did that as a security measure, to do something scary that people wouldn't want to tie.
Speaker 3: You imagine the idea, it's all your passwords come to life.
Speaker 1: So then you start like writing like a hot girl is your password and she appears.
Speaker 2: If we do that one. I don't want to do that.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I smoked so many cigarettes because this movie is that's okay, because I can't get sick right now.
Speaker 6: It's not.
Speaker 5: It's not I'm not getting sick. You're not going to get sick. You're not going to get sick.
Speaker 7: You're not gonna you're not going to get sick.
Speaker 4: Dude, I can't get sick.
Speaker 2: You're scared. You can't get sick.
Speaker 7: Right now, he's been he's been coughing for nine months.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've been calling for nine months because I smoke cigarettes.
Speaker 2: Because you coughed.
Speaker 7: Before we took Yeah, we coughed. He started coughing around.
Speaker 6: Because my boyfriend, because I remember we were at the we were at the Alesion.
Speaker 7: We were on a conference call. We heard a cough.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were like, oh, my boyfriend's coughing, and that's how we add up that.
Speaker 7: That's how we figured it out.
Speaker 2: You guys on a conference callsion.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 9: It was.
Speaker 6: It was like this hilarious clouding bit we were doing where we were like, what if we actually called someone?
Speaker 5: Is such a classic clown. You cannot get enough the idea of actually calling someone.
Speaker 6: And it's funny because it's real and it's actually happening on stage and you can feel the audience go, this is real the audience.
Speaker 4: Not to them. They called me. I was literally working.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'm sorry. We pretended to be customers.
Speaker 2: You ordered an ask pizza on stage and you made it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had to. I was working you, guys, were not you like sat.
Speaker 7: On a pizza. You delivered. The pizza came and there was your ass was on it.
Speaker 4: Asked me to do that?
Speaker 5: This is as to do that as Hey, what's up, guys. I am Dante Inferno. I am the director of untitled Arcade project, and I'm so excited to bring this project to you. Our untitled Arcade Project to me is a beautiful story about when two girls get to know each other at their job and have to fight the system in order to find their place in the world. It's about growing up, getting older, but also having a lot of fun along the way.
Speaker 4: And Stinker.
Speaker 5: Stinker is this amazing character that comes in probably about five minutes of the movie. He's kind of the antagonist and holding these girls back.
Speaker 2: You're so good at this clip, baby, keep going.
Speaker 5: But Stinker also has a secret of his own. What's his secret? You'll have to donate to find out.
Speaker 2: Wait, he's a secret.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, remember we talked about because if they don't donate a certain amount, we keep your character more one dimensional. Yeah, right, And you have to donate to make the writing better.
Speaker 3: Guys, Give my character a wife, Give my character trauma, Give my character past.
Speaker 1: Please, I also want to talk about this discussion we were having earlier today. I'd be remiss if I didn't bring it up. Keep being remissed, girl, you remiss. It's a remiss summer. So I would be remiss if I didn't bring up that. You you are kind of pushing back a little bit with the the schweite spit the shrewd Schmitch spectrum, because I think it.
Speaker 7: Will be bad ten times fast.
Speaker 10: Such spactrum spactrum.
Speaker 1: I think I think we would be remiss if we didn't make it a goal that it could change every day, because then I think what's fun about that is the money keeps coming in, right, and they could give more money to.
Speaker 2: Change it, so then you can watch your performance change.
Speaker 3: Oh so like in one scene, I'm very shrewd and one scene I'm very Schmidt. I think for me as a character, that leaves me susceptible to be cut.
Speaker 4: From the entire thing.
Speaker 2: Right, So I think in general I would say maybe I would go against that. We would never cut you make sure we don't.
Speaker 5: Was like, so, like, he's gonna be the driving antagonist towards this awesome plot, their goal of figuring out their lives before the.
Speaker 8: End of the morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like if, like just in a creative sense, if you weren't here, like who knows what would happen?
Speaker 2: Like literally, like what would happen if you weren't here?
Speaker 1: And also like to be honest, when you put hot people in movies, like my sweet friend, when you put out people in movies, you kind of need to do like a little bit like of a like a barometer and show somebody who isn't hot in this universe to show how hot she is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, Well, and I want to say, Rachel, I would not want chel.
Speaker 8: Rachel Rachel Pie.
Speaker 6: You got to write that Downel, my name is Rachel Pie.
Speaker 4: Rachel. I want to say, I don't don't knock yourself short.
Speaker 2: I think if I wasn't here, you guys again up to a lot of stuff I think.
Speaker 4: Get I don't even.
Speaker 7: Get up to I don't just have this idea if you're this heck, I have no.
Speaker 5: Idea, like so bored, like maybe something would happen.
Speaker 7: Like maybe something would happen, But I have no ideas.
Speaker 2: And when I'm bored, I laid down. Yeah, when I'm bored, I go to bed. I have to find a pillow and comfortable mattress. And if I were, I.
Speaker 6: Would just be like I would just be like conked out, Like I would be like horizontal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the mindset, like I get like really like do anything to me when I'm bored.
Speaker 2: If I'm bored. If I'm bored and I have a jacket on, I'm taking the jacket off. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like if I'm bored, I'm like I just have to like sleep like with covers on, like not getting like clothes.
Speaker 2: Same. I I was scared to say that, but same. Same. When I'm bored, I like to my clothes off, to sleep with my clothes off as well.
Speaker 7: So we can't.
Speaker 2: You can't can't leave, actually can't.
Speaker 5: We can't leave, otherwise we'd all be bored, don't.
Speaker 4: Well I actually really wanted Thanks guys.
Speaker 5: Why don't we talk about some of the tiers, the donating tiers that we can.
Speaker 7: Hit, yeahs, tears and tiers.
Speaker 5: Because we've gotten some donations, we've also gotten some questions that we can answer to maybe get some more donations. So why don't we jump up with the tears? Why don't we go around and say what happens at every tier.
Speaker 1: It's called the Ask Me Anything vending machine, where I'm sorry, let me finish. I'd be remits B I did and explain this on on one of our seeds.
Speaker 2: Are we going to go around? We were going to go around one of the more.
Speaker 1: There is a a m A vending machine, the first ever national a m A that you pay to submit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, and also like like the vending machine is practical, we are building a physical am vending machine.
Speaker 5: So we will like you have submitted your asks and we are putting them in the knees and we're about to answer everything.
Speaker 3: You're utilizing every cousin we have. It's going to be in nine cities this summer. It's going to go from city.
Speaker 7: We're going my cousin in Virginia.
Speaker 5: And then mine and Rally, North Carolina, and then it's going to mine in Anaheim, which feels like it jumps really fine.
Speaker 4: It's just chipping, so it's fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not like a tour schedule.
Speaker 2: It's like shipping box basically boxes off to sleep and then put it and bring it to my Tampa. For wait a second, boxes, what if boxes have to sleep? Box it has to go to bed box hired box.
Speaker 1: Wait, how would Amazon work box vacation?
Speaker 5: Box vacation? What happens to all the Amazon boxes when you're done with them?
Speaker 2: To beat? Box time off?
Speaker 7: Box time off?
Speaker 3: B t O Box CEO Boxes time off, Boxes time.
Speaker 7: Bos, I gotta ask my boss for box time off.
Speaker 2: Guys, we have to.
Speaker 4: Stop motion.
Speaker 6: I have to talk about the fifteen thousand dollar tier, which we did hit, which means all of us.
Speaker 7: Have to wear hats the whole time.
Speaker 6: You guys voted on this, so you at each benchmark, you know, there's like a little bit of a vote. It's kind of like Survivor fifty how they did it. And so now we have to find ways for our characters to justify Like, Okay, well now I'm wearing a hat because I'm like kind of a guy's girl in this. Now I'm wearing a hat because I'm a magician. I'm like working on being a magician. It's like sort of that kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's awesome, it's gonna be so funny.
Speaker 4: Should we do the teers like you had asked? Yes, might we go around and.
Speaker 7: We'll go that's what I thought I was doing.
Speaker 5: It was really good.
Speaker 4: Were starting a fifteen K is that high.
Speaker 2: It's really hard. I'm sorry, I'm gonna speak up for my best friend.
Speaker 1: I don't think we understood what you said because I don't really get it. You want to go from the tiers from one dollar all the way?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what you get if you don't?
Speaker 6: Well, sorry, I just I guess I just wasn't thinking of the lower ones because and you donate just the lower tiers.
Speaker 7: It hurts my feelings.
Speaker 5: So whoa, don't hurt Rachel's feeling talk about.
Speaker 2: The feelings line. That's anything given below twenty dollars. Yeah, it feels like a personal attack, and you might as well tell us to not make the product.
Speaker 5: It feels like you're trying to with your dollar or ten dollars or fifteen, even nineteen dollars donation.
Speaker 2: It feels like you want us to fail.
Speaker 1: Especially when that day you're probably going to see, like, I don't know, some Marvel movie for that exact price.
Speaker 5: Literally, like you could watch a Marvel movie, or you could donate to this awesome, amazingly inspiring indie project where real locals are going to get hired and paid. Talk about it, real locals.
Speaker 2: If you donate one dollar I will give myself a sunburn. Have you ever seen anyone do that? Sad? It's really sad.
Speaker 4: Any more than that.
Speaker 2: Or I'll give myself a sun If you give it's okay.
Speaker 4: I cannot get sick right now.
Speaker 2: He can't get sick. Cut this please. If you give two dollars, I'm never gonna wash my car again.
Speaker 5: If you give five dollars, I write a mean poem to myself.
Speaker 6: If you give ten dollars, I call my mom and I tell her never to speak to me again.
Speaker 7: And I loved my mom. We have a great relationship. So think about what you're doing.
Speaker 3: If you give twenty dollars, we have to eat a pizza with gummy bears on it. You us ew have to get it from Jasano's. And if you get the gummy bears from Bill's Liquor.
Speaker 2: And Atwater, that's so far from each other.
Speaker 4: Corito's gummies too.
Speaker 7: Oh, the kind of make you poop. So that's the twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: Now we give the fun then we get to the fun way.
Speaker 7: If you get want to the fun one.
Speaker 1: If you give twenty one dollars, your name is one of the background actors' names.
Speaker 3: If they told us it was crazy to do these such marginal es. They told us, maybe go to the big landmarks. But you know how many people have donated twenty one dollars?
Speaker 1: Do you know how many extras we're walking around going your name is soccer mom, fifty, your name is yeah.
Speaker 5: So if you donate twenty one to fifty, your initials will be featured in the movie somewhere. You just have to find them and put them togethers either in a line of dialogue yeah, or a prop.
Speaker 6: If you donate twenty two dollars, we name a bowl of nachos after you.
Speaker 7: That is crazy, Yeah, so we had to put a lot of nachos in the movie.
Speaker 3: Actually, if you donate twenty two oh four, we will draw you as an anime character.
Speaker 2: Uh oh, what's.
Speaker 7: Ahead stretch goal?
Speaker 1: If you give twenty four dollars, you get to come with me to my favorite store game stop.
Speaker 2: That don't which is crazy. Twenty four dollars. A lot of people have donated that. Yeah, and that's kill me if I want to hang out and.
Speaker 4: It's really fun. That's a stretch goal.
Speaker 5: Because we jump right up from twenty four all the way up. Because if you give one hundred dollars, you get a name from us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we need you.
Speaker 7: We change your name.
Speaker 4: We will go through the legal process of changing your name with the court.
Speaker 7: We'll fill out all the paperwork. We can't even have to do a thing.
Speaker 1: We can do this because I live in walking distance of a DMV. Yeah, and my cousin is a notary, and with that we can change the world.
Speaker 4: We can do any best team, this.
Speaker 7: Is the best team in show business.
Speaker 6: If you get one hundred, If you donate one hundred and fifty dollars, we write a ten second song about you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a TikTok song, A TikTok song.
Speaker 3: If you donated four hundred dollars, you get to decide if I'm wearing glasses or not.
Speaker 2: This goes back to the Shrewd Schmidt spectrucle.
Speaker 6: Yes, this is where we start being able to creatively influence characters in the movie.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: If you give five hundred and fifty five dollars, you give my character in the movie a phone.
Speaker 5: This is integral. We're really hoping that she gets me.
Speaker 4: It's a huge plot point because you receive phone calls.
Speaker 7: Scenes with the phone.
Speaker 2: Because this character there is sick in the hospital she needs phone calls.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you give one thousand dollars, you get to choose what kind of underwear stinker wears.
Speaker 1: The choices are beef, surfboard, Jolly Ranchers, or regular or regular tidy whities.
Speaker 2: I if you have common sense out there, I highly suggest you've done it.
Speaker 4: One thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: If you're interested in me not having some sort of bad day, I would love for knowing one thousand dollars and pick regular.
Speaker 6: If you donate two thousand dollars, my character gets to do the movie with her eyes open.
Speaker 2: Another integral reach.
Speaker 7: It's an integral part of the character.
Speaker 2: Because if you donate five, no.
Speaker 4: Tech go find of the movie.
Speaker 7: Because because.
Speaker 12: If you donate five thousand dollars, we get to hire a camera. We get a camera and this is where the real boots on the ground, this is what we need.
Speaker 1: If you give us five thousand and five hundred dollars, we get to put that camera on eah tripod.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 5: If you give us five thousand, five hundred and one dollars, I go to the movies with you.
Speaker 6: If you donate sit sixteen thousand dollars. If you don'tate sixteen thousand dollars, we get to eat lunch while we're shooting this.
Speaker 4: And if you donate twenty thousand dollars, we will live with you for a year.
Speaker 5: That's kind of the final biggest one.
Speaker 2: And that's the biggest one.
Speaker 1: And if you do that within this week, you'll get to either stay in me, Rachel and Dante Inferno's room.
Speaker 2: Rachel, oh, Rachel.
Speaker 7: If you give, if you give it, you have to write this down.
Speaker 2: If you give two thousand, how is it? Twenty that?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: If you give twenty thousand dollars this week, you get to stay in me and Rachel and Dante Inferno's room. We're all in one room, yes, And then if you give it after that next week you have to be in stinkers room.
Speaker 4: You get to be I mean you said get to you have to.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you have to be have to.
Speaker 2: That's trying to be a fast one.
Speaker 4: Like you give that.
Speaker 5: We are so close to getting funding, and if it goes through, we get a shoot on location. We found arcade up in Lake Arrowhead. It's gonna be so cute. There's bunk beds. The cabins are US three and sinkers in his own cabin. Really exciting. I'm just wondering what's gonna exciting.
Speaker 6: I'm really Yeah, because the layout of our room is so funny, because it's funny.
Speaker 7: You guys have this king bed and I'm in like a little bunk bed over.
Speaker 2: It's almost like your bed is watching our So it's so weird. Yeah, I'm like the top for some reason, I think, like I.
Speaker 5: Think we do on top of we are like kind of on bottom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to deal in the room because for some reason, it's like a room where the beds like one of those hearts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a big heart with.
Speaker 7: A mirror on time, So that's hard to the broom.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is such a funny bit that keeps on going on.
Speaker 1: Like Yeah, and we're gonna put all the film crew, the film cameras in our room.
Speaker 5: We're just gonna store them there.
Speaker 7: We're just gonna I think it would be good to store them there because like Secer.
Speaker 5: I know that you like you're kind of scared of lenses.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we wouldn't want to like alarm.
Speaker 2: In the dark. You kind of scared of lenses, kind of scared of lenses. You get really nervous in front of listen.
Speaker 6: You don't even have to talk about it if you don't want to have to talk about it, because like we don't want you to have to bring up any trauma.
Speaker 7: Like you are really scared of lenses.
Speaker 2: I think we don't.
Speaker 1: We're not naturally scared of lenses because we naturally kind of look like Margot Robbie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, justin Timberlake and yeah, and.
Speaker 5: Jessica feel remember because jessic Real sounds so much like Jenny.
Speaker 7: That's how I look like her.
Speaker 8: Think of it.
Speaker 4: My mom thinks I look like Christopher Abbott.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, okay, you look like my mom told me Christopher abby where we are.
Speaker 7: We have to check check in, check in.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm seeing the seed and spark is now gone from eighty seven percent?
Speaker 4: Guys, what we may gosh?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, this is crazy.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're making Okay, should we start writing it?
Speaker 7: I think we should?
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 6: I mean we should see what people are saying too, because I'm also something I'm really excited about that, Like I just can't stop thinking about that Mike and Ike thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean, because wait, hold on a minute, I'm already feeling this the money can't change us.
Speaker 4: Just because we reach our goal doesn't mean we can start throwing.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 2: Anything shifted in the room. I don't think anything changed.
Speaker 3: Change just move to the mic and movie. We literally just were about to change the whole idea.
Speaker 7: No, we're gonna stay true to ourselves.
Speaker 5: Because sit down and get this movie going, because like, now we have the funding. What else we just have the fun party. I was just thinking, what are you thinking? Like, like, do you guys think like one hundred thousand dollars is enough? Even like because like what if we need a car? I was just thinking, what if we need to rent a car for something?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or what if what if we like what if we're trying to make all three of the movies too?
Speaker 6: Because like also, I'm just thinking about all the little girls out there who like deserve to see the other movies.
Speaker 2: I need to deserve to see the Looks and go on vacation.
Speaker 7: They deserve to see the Box Good Vacation.
Speaker 5: Sure to see Mike and I be gay deserve.
Speaker 2: It because I think about all the little girls to deserve it. Just think the girls, we're getting a little ahead of ourselves.
Speaker 3: What if we make a really good movie, right, And there's this thing, there's this mantra that everyone's saying and I don't know what it means, but there's someone saying it. Everyone's saying obsession backrooms, obsession, backrooms, obsession, back rooms, like they're saying.
Speaker 2: It all around time.
Speaker 3: God, And I wonder if that's obsession back Room's untitled arcade project? What if that throws in that's part of it. But make a good one, and then we can get more money for other people, not from from crowdfunding people.
Speaker 6: But this is an endorsement, right, Like all these people gave us money because they believe that we're sort of like the next collective Spielberg, Like we are sort of the responsible people responsible for shepherding.
Speaker 7: New Hollywood over the line, Like why would we stop at one movie?
Speaker 1: It's so true, Like I think, like, what are we doing with this crowdfunding? We're essentially breaking down the studios. So so once we break it down, we have to build it back up. And I think what's the most responsible to all of our patrons is to have a full year, to have a full year slated of material, like, like you want to know that your dollar is not just going to the untitled Arcade movie. But it's also going into the future of a filmography that's going to be expensive.
Speaker 3: So don't you think though, that's gonna be Like, so we just do an update and say so, you're no longer donated to one movie, You're don't need to a filmography.
Speaker 5: I've got it because this is a really interesting conversation that feels like a more interesting movie. This conversation crowdfunding the movie that we crowdfund for starting today, Babe.
Speaker 2: The back rooms of crowdfunding is crowdfunding.
Speaker 7: This is the back rooms of crowdfunding. This is the back of it.
Speaker 2: This is be Sessions. Our obsession is just to crowdfund money.
Speaker 7: We're doing the studio, but for the future. We're doing thirty Rock for the future.
Speaker 6: We're doing the producers for the future. We're doing meta Hollywood. But it's the new Hollywood, and it's something nobody has seen yet. And all those little girls have not seen.
Speaker 1: That, Yettle girls, and I think you're just getting so boxing. You're so boxing, think like, oh, is this crowdfunding just for that scene where we stick a pogo stick up your athlete.
Speaker 2: It's so much bigger than this.
Speaker 5: So much bigger than so much.
Speaker 4: We don't want to do that, We don't have to do that.
Speaker 5: No, we have to do that.
Speaker 7: That's like a crux of the film that our entire slate doesn't make any sense. If we don't do that, her eyes.
Speaker 2: Can be closed the whole movie.
Speaker 5: And it's fine. You need to have that pogo stick go up your ask. Okay, So guys, welcome to crowdfunding the movie. We are so expired and ready to introduce the newest project that we are ready to start working on. And we've launched our last crowdfunding was so successful we have decided to launch another crowdfund right away.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen a crowdfunding hit its goal and immediately shoot you with five more goals? Because that's what's happening here. I would be remiss if I didn't explain that the studio model is dead, is in a ditch and gone. You're looking at the new heads of a studio, and that is the crowdfunding movie Box PTO. What's it called, uh, box box Time, off Box Time off untitled arcade project and.
Speaker 7: Mike, Mike and Ike, Mike and Ike. This is the future of how all of this is going to go, but I want to take it back for a moment.
Speaker 2: Take it back.
Speaker 7: I was a little girl walking around the park, not.
Speaker 2: Knowing what to do. Little girl so much, she's really inspired by them. Let her go, DARMI, you're looking like really sad right now. Thank you so much. I tried better help and it didn't work.
Speaker 4: Check out our Patreon instead of.
Speaker 6: And then I saw a movie that day from that movie, and then a movie that day was She Alone?
Speaker 7: That movie was et Was it one of those motions the projectors?
Speaker 2: Is it a projector?
Speaker 6: It was a movie in the park that was showing sort of retro movies. It was sort of part of the most Summer movie series.
Speaker 4: The movie was showing movies.
Speaker 7: And I knew in that moment that what I was meant to do was tell stories.
Speaker 6: And every dollar you give allows me to do just that, allows me and my best friends to make the thing we were always meant to make, and you are essential to that. You are financiers and we couldn't do it without you. So this is the road to one million dollars.
Speaker 5: We are raising one million dollars for crowdfunding the movie. Are you guys ready to jump in? Wait?
Speaker 1: My phone's going on because I am my phone's going off. What wait, guys, this account is not real? Wait what I think? I wasn't on the official seed in Spark website. I set up our account on the seed and Fark website.
Speaker 2: What season?
Speaker 1: I thought it was Seedon's park, but I guess I started our whole account on seedon Fark.
Speaker 2: And what is that?
Speaker 7: Seated far?
Speaker 2: You keep saying it, but you haven't described what. It's a scam war my money, guys.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, I haven't seen this still just now. I didn't start us on Kickstarter. I signed us up on cock farter.
Speaker 2: What's cock?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 7: Thought we were gonna say, dick farder?
Speaker 2: No, it's cock far Wait cet right there, cock fart. It's completely different kind of in my mind.
Speaker 4: You replaced one letter, and so I replaced the vowel.
Speaker 2: Wait go find that.
Speaker 7: That's interesting because I think I would replace the Wait.
Speaker 2: Checked the go fund me.
Speaker 6: It must still be gofund me, guys, I said fund Wait, the GoFundMe has to be there.
Speaker 5: Wait a second, Oh my god, I didn't noticed this until it's not called go fund me, Go fund me.
Speaker 2: Go fuck me.
Speaker 5: So much better go fun me, Like it's sort of like fun me, yeah, funk me.
Speaker 7: Where's all the money, where's all the money?
Speaker 4: All these people on these sites, the scams.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I just keep on saying threesome, threesome, I want to see threesome.
Speaker 10: That's crazy because that was wait, that was like never on the tape. That was never like the threesome was was never on the That was like such not what the was at all weird to.
Speaker 2: Make that the thing.
Speaker 1: I remember when we took clowning about eight months ago, I told you day one I'd never have a threesome ever.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I remember you saying that.
Speaker 6: And then we called Papa John's and we we made sure to say on the phone too as well, we would never have a threesome ever.
Speaker 2: And he was call, but what are you guys doing? Later? I know you're doing something because you're my girlfriend. Yeah, I'm doing something which is just kind of following you off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, do you want to follow us home?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Maybe I'll follow you home because I was just gonna like read books and ship if you find out where it's.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because oh that's a great idea. So while I'm following you home, maybe you can figure out where all the.
Speaker 2: Money went on tournament tonight.
Speaker 5: Come on, Stinker, Come on, stinker, Stinker, Come.
Speaker 7: On, Sinker, Come on.
Speaker 4: I call the website.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'll follow you home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's write it down, see it, Park, I have cock farter me.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'll call those and then I'll call you guys tonight.
Speaker 7: Those places don't call us today, call us tonight.
Speaker 4: Information you guys, don't pick up. I'm coming over there, brother.
Speaker 5: Whatever you do, save it for tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This could be huge for me personally.
Speaker 6: Cannot call us tonight, morphones will not be on us.
Speaker 5: Don't come over, don't come near, don't come anywhere near us. All you need to do is call sedon fark go funk me, funk.
Speaker 7: Funk me and cock cock fuck Carter.
Speaker 4: Got it, marching orders given.
Speaker 2: This has been Artist on Arts on ours answer the question now, that's why they call it. Showvins, Good night, Hollywood, give it up for the beautiful.
Speaker 6: Go check out the patreon where we talk about all this and mark good night Hollywood bye.
Speaker 4: Artists on Artists On.
Speaker 3: Artists on Artists is an improvised Hollywood round table podcast created and hosted by Kylie Braakman, Jeremy Colhayne, Angeli Jeritana, and Patrick McDonald. It is a production of Will Ferrell's Big Money Players and iHeartMedia Podcasts. Executive produced by Matt Apodaca and produced by Alexandra Dennis and Laser Vision Productions. Music by Gabriel Ponton and edited by Connor McCabe. Thumbnail art by Josh Florey and logo designed by Lucy tom Kowitz. Special thanks to Samuel Curtis and the Beautiful Dynasty Typewriter Theater.
Speaker 4: The opinions expressed on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Do not reflect the opinions of anyone who works on it, not even the performers, because this is an improvised podcast and we don't know what the heck we're talking about. Full video versions of AOAOAOA are available on YouTube, so please like and subscribe and leave us five star reviews wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 4: That's all for now, good night, Hollywood,