Speaker 1: I miss the green.
Speaker 2: For example, I'm already upset. When I find my ball in the bunker, I'm really upset. And when I find my.
Speaker 3: Ball in a fried egg Friday egg, the dreaded Friday egg, Frida egg, Frida egg, Frida egg bride egg.
Speaker 2: Lie, I'm about ready to run off of the course.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to another edition of the Friday Podcast. We've got Kyle, Nathan Draws and Fades is back for another mailbag.
Speaker 2: Kyle, what's happening?
Speaker 3: Not too much? What's happening with you? Why don't you tell us about uh being stranded on a tropical island?
Speaker 1: I mean you had to you had to evacuate too, So it's been a been a rough couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can't, can't mess around with weather. Yeah, but congrats on the marriage, the nuptials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, married man new uh new era. So we uh. I think the storm missed our island by like one hundred miles or so, So it was a lot closer than I really knew. I looked one day like it started getting windy, and then I looked at the at the radar and saw that it was like just north of us. I was like, well, I'm glad I didn't know that it was even like that.
Speaker 3: Close, No need to panic.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And then sure enough we were flying through Miami, so an American and uh yeah that that flight I guess still hasn't left now because of Maria hit Saint Lucia.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you have to get a passport from there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would have run out of money too, because if I had to keep staying paying the all inclusive rate, I would have been Uh, I would have been in trouble.
Speaker 2: But it was.
Speaker 1: It was a good, good little reset and uh good to just chill out on a beach and I read a bunch. Yeah, And I mean we just drank and ate a lot too, So it was fun.
Speaker 3: That's right up my alley. That sounds fun.
Speaker 2: So what'd you do? How'd you would you tell us about evacuating?
Speaker 3: Well, you just went up to Birmingham and hung out there. I've been there before to play a couple of golf tournaments at the country called Birmingham, so I knew it was a nice place and it was fun to drive.
Speaker 2: Sucked.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's like I was supposed to be a nine hour drive. It took us seventeen there, seventeen back. It was awful. But everything's all good down here, so can't be can't complain.
Speaker 1: Everybody, uh, everybody evacuating. It's like a it'd be like it sounds like it's like driving in Chicago rush hour traffic for nine hours.
Speaker 3: Well, dude, the craziest thing was the gas. I mean, if you needed gas, it was literally an hour wait. It was insane. I've never seen anything like it. And what scared me more is you saw cars with like four gas canisters like tied to the back of their car so they didn't have to stop them. Like if someone rearins them, that's going to be an explosion. Like it's just such a just scary gas situation.
Speaker 2: That doesn't sound very safe.
Speaker 3: No, it's not safe at all. But they're like, oh, I don't want to wait an hour, so I'll just tape it to my license plate.
Speaker 2: It sounds like a very Florida thing to do.
Speaker 3: Oh so Florida, like seventy four dead as Florida man pours gasoline on his car. You did make it back for the BMW, though, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get back, I get back on Friday morning at a layover and in LaGuardia.
Speaker 2: What an awful, awful place that is, my fiance.
Speaker 1: We got there in the morning after we flew, we flew into JFK and I said to my fiance, I go, you know, this is.
Speaker 2: The worst airport in America. And she goes, why, I go, it's absolutely awful and you know, the people and it don't make it any better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, disgusting.
Speaker 1: At like five thirty in the morning, we waited an hour and a half for security and there was literally forty people in front of us, and we walked through and she goes, she goes, yeah, this is uh, this is definitely the worst airport in America.
Speaker 3: That's brutal.
Speaker 2: But BMW was good.
Speaker 1: I mean, the well it's always amazing. I think we talked about it in our group text. But hello, these guys shoot, of course, is like I've never thought Conway Farms is easy, and yet these guys shoot like sixty four in their sleep. The conditions were, I mean, it was pretty for the greens were really firm. I think the big thing is that there's just no you know, real they don't have to think out there and there's nothing you know that really puts that, you know, question in their head, and that's kind of I don't know, I don't know what you do to defend against these guys.
Speaker 3: It's insane to me. I've probably played Conway, I don't know, thirty to fifty times a lot, and I've never once walked off the course thinking it was even medium difficulty. I've always thought it's a tough course. You get through like four or five six, and you know there's stretches of holes where you're like, oh my god, just hold on for dear life, don't make double. And you play well, maybe you shoot sixty eight, sixty nine if you play a great round for me at least, and these guys shoot sixty two, like sixty three, and you know, if I play bad there it's seventy six in a hurry, you know, they're like, oh yeah, I played terrible, shot seventy Like It's just it's it's insane, especially like to see that on a golf course that I know and that I think is hard.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I was talking about it with a buddy of mine and he's like, it's basically just what just Jason Day did at Whistling. It's like you're right. I mean it's it's not as good as Day's performance. But it's crazy to put in perspective. These guys just annihilate these difficult courses. It's insane.
Speaker 2: I mean they just hit it so far and so.
Speaker 3: Straight is I mean far and Straight's good?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like when I drive the ball well, I shoot well, but that's like I shoot like sixty eights and sixty nine. But when these guys drive the ball, well, it's sixty three, sixty two, sixty four. And it's just crazy because you know it's what is seventy three hundred yards ish seventy four and seventy four hundred yards to these guys is driver wedge fest.
Speaker 3: It's crazy. I never really, I've never thought of that. I thought there is a long course, let alone, you know medium. It's a long golf course to me, and I mean I hit it, what two seventy five. It's not like I hit it short. I mean I hit it short by their standards. But to me, that's a really long golf course, a lot of four irons, and they're just hitting you know, flip wedges.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's not a lot of guys. That's one of the things I think is happening. And you see it is with the ball in the way, how straight it goes? Now is you see the skilled guys, the guys that don't necessarily hit it that far but are just phenomenal with every other club in their bag. They're being phased out of professional golf, like who you know you used to have like Jim Fiurick, for example, and like Luke Donald was high in the rankings and.
Speaker 3: Recently number one in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, number one in the world. I mean you go back into the era like Nick Faldo is a perfect example, like I didn't hit it anywhere, but he had maximum.
Speaker 2: Control of his ball. He could hit it all the shots like he wouldn't exist.
Speaker 1: In today's game, Like if you don't hit a three hundred and ten yards or three hundred yards see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's it's a shame, really is I think that it's it's you're eliminating, like you know, maybe sixty percent of the people that are good enough to be on tour or eliminated because of that, And I just I don't know how to combat it. I know, we have a question about the golf ball and all that. I mean, you can only make a golf course so tight, you know, I mean, what are you supposed to make it a bowling alley with obi left ob right or you know, water out of bounds. I'm not sure how to fix it except probably the golf ball. I mean, you you want to go play an eighty two hundred yard US Open, I mean that sounds ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And the just the fact that, like it's not a sustainable model for a golf course. Like think about if you have a nine thousand yard course, watering like and maintenance of.
Speaker 3: It, and oh yeah, the expenses go up dramatic.
Speaker 1: And then that nine thousand yard course is used like once every ten years.
Speaker 2: Right, It's it's just crazy.
Speaker 1: It's I think the big thing is is that I don't think narrow is the answer though, Like I know I'm always banging.
Speaker 3: Yeah we're a big wif guy. But I know that's why I was thinking. That's the only answer to me besides the golf ball. And I know you're gonna hate that, but.
Speaker 1: Well here's my thought process is, like you could create a really wide course that could even be short and let long hitters try and drive greens all day, like it could be you could.
Speaker 2: Have a lot of three hundred and fifty yard part fours.
Speaker 1: But let the shorter guy because long players and short players, everybody's going to miss the fairway. You know what kills the short players is when they miss the fairway and they're hitting fore iron out of thick rough right, and long hitters are hitting wedge like you can hit a wedge out of thick rough. You can't hit four iron not a thick rough. And I think the width thing is interesting because what it does is it allows you know, the bombers are going to try and drive a lot of those greens and they're trying to up there, and you know, especially if it can be firm and fast, they'll get themselves in terrible spots where the shorter hitter can play to strength, they can play to angles and let their wedge game play, you know, right. So that's kind of my thought process. I think about like the Old Course, I mean, is a perfect example. You had Zach Johnson when that are and it's.
Speaker 2: The widest golf course in the world and it's all about angles. You don't ever.
Speaker 1: Really know what the exact right way to play a golf hole is, and depending on whatever the pin is it's dramatically different day to day.
Speaker 2: It's the same. You see the same at Augusta. It's a little bit less than it used to be. But those are two of the best championship golf courses ever. So if they're really wide, why to do people think we need to go narrow?
Speaker 3: Well, both of those courses, obviously St. Andrews is they're not as fast, but they both have really difficult green complexes, and that's always a defense that you know, we both played some sixty five sixty six hundred yard golf courses that can play really tough because because of the green complexes, and you know if you shortside yourself you have zero chance. And you know that those those golf courses are fun. But and you know you could do that on tour where you have the greens running twelve and a half thirteen and a half and they're super undulating and tough to putt. But you can't do that for the everyday golfer.
Speaker 1: No, no, I agree, but that every day golfer isn't having the problems of shooting sixty three at seventy four golf course. In having an entire style of golf be essentially extinct from the game.
Speaker 2: Let's get it.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess what do you think about kind of the FedEx playoffs?
Speaker 2: While we're on the topic, do you do you think it works? Obviously, football just kills it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm like a huge golf fan, and if I was in the country, I'd probably watch a lot of football. I'd be flipping back and forth, like golf wouldn't have my full equity.
Speaker 3: It's just even if it was later in the season. I mean, I'm the same way I watched all football the last last weekend, you know, obviously flipping back a little bit, but I just it's the time that you know, football is just starting. You're all excited. You know, the Bears haven't don't have seven losses yet, so I'm trying to watch that game and red zone they should for that, I agree they should, but you know, I you know, flipping back and with the with the red zone channel nowadays, it's just it's the timing. I think if you put it in you know, not that they would, but if you put it, you know, more towards the middle, excuse me, more towards the middle of the season, you'd get a little more interest in it. I just the timing is terrible. The formats okay, I mean it's it is what it is. I don't think the format is terrible. You know, we've talked about the other podcasts. We like formats better, but you know it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's like I like the idea of doing a match play thing, but at the end of the day, the problem is like ratings and like having two guys on the golf course on Sunday of the season finale, Like that's not going to work. I see a lot of people throw out the idea of that. I think obviously moving before football will help a lot, because it's like at the dull drums of sports.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the.
Speaker 1: Day, I just don't think anybody, even the players, really care. Like the top players don't really even care about the FedEx Cup because like it's ten million dollars, that's great, but like, you know, your your legacy is a player is why people care so much about the majors.
Speaker 2: And they.
Speaker 1: Like nobody's going to be like, oh, he was a two time FedEx Cup champion.
Speaker 3: No, yeah, totally. I mean in other sports it's like, okay, what has this guy done in the playoffs. You know, Kershaw, his legacy's tarnish because he hasn't played well in the playoffs. But you look at golf, you're like, what you know. I don't even know the results from last year, and I probably watched him, but I can tell you who won all the majors last year. So the majors are Golf's playoffs. This is some kind of I don't know, money grab, but it is something I guess. Yeah, I'm not. I'm not a huge fan of it. I wish they would do something else, but they probably won't. I'm sure they should. They'll stick with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that billion dollar check from FedEx is gonna make him ride out this playoff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: It's the other thing I saw when I was researching for the newsletters.
Speaker 2: I didn't I mean, I just I.
Speaker 1: Didn't remember it. I guess that's part of the problem. But I forgot that. The so you could win every single tournament you played in for a year, and you could get to the FedEx Cup finals and they diminish your points to a set amount as number one m HM. So it really doesn't matter. Like Jordan Speed, like the fact that like that Jordan Spied could win the first three events of the playoffs he didn't and then not win the whole FedEx Cup to me is just completely idiotic.
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous. It's it's literally just I mean it's that's so, that's because they want the five guys to have a chance, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so everybody in the field to have a chance.
Speaker 3: That's because it doesn't matter. I mean, that's there's nothing. I mean, if it was something so significant that all these guys you know, cared so deeply about that, that wouldn't exist. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other thing is is like, you know, trying to condense all of golf. Like I don't know how you think about golf, but I always look at players, like even at our level, I look at players that are more consistent than me, that always finished top five, and I think, God, they're so consistent. They win a couple of times, they finished top five all the time, Like that's what I want to be.
Speaker 2: Like, trying to condense.
Speaker 1: Golf down into one week or a four week stretch, to me is kind of not what the game's all about. Like Tiger always said, he's chasing consistency. That's The number one thing he's always looking forward is to become more consistent. And you're trying to condense a season long thing into four weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that. I you know, the difference between winning in third place at that level maybe a couple of lipouts, you know, or you hit a tree and it kicks in the fairway, or you hit a tree and it kicks behind a tree. You know, That's that's the difference. So I'm with you. Condencing it to one week or even four is not great.
Speaker 1: All right, let's get Let's get into the questions David Horlander. If you had to move to BMW to another Chicago area course, which one and why?
Speaker 3: A couple came to mind. The first one that came to mind is right down the road from Conway is Knowlwold. It came to mind because I played the mid Am in twenty twelve at Conway and Nowood was the sister course. And Nowood not only is it a great golf course, but the stroke average was i want to say, almost two strokes higher. The rough was a little overgrown, but I mean that golf course can be tough. It's a huge piece of property. I mean, there's no doubt it hosted the Western a couple of years ago, but there's no doubt it could host it. So I would probably say that's my first choice. Obviously there's others, but Nolwood would be ideal.
Speaker 2: I love Nolwood.
Speaker 1: I grew up working there at Caddied and back room, did there for like ten years.
Speaker 2: I love that place.
Speaker 1: The one concern I would have there is just infrastructure, right getting like big grand stands and The's That's the thing I think I've realized the more I've covered golf and going to these events, is like there's so few good sites available because of all the infrastructure you need with the grand stand, the length of the golf course you need nowadays, and like the type of golf course like where.
Speaker 2: So many are are not available to it.
Speaker 1: So like my con So the other thing with Chicago, the interesting dynamic with it is is they saw it at.
Speaker 2: The US helping.
Speaker 1: You don't want to have a championship on the South side because there just aren't a lot.
Speaker 2: There's not a big concentration of golfers.
Speaker 1: The north and the West side are the are like the north and west suburbs are the places where you're going to find the most golfers, and if you have it down like Olympia Fields would be a great host. But for somebody from the North Side, it's going to take an hour plus to get down there, and they just frankly aren't going to go travel down there to play. So I would look at obviously Medina is the next host. I think it's a it's a good host because you know the property, the infrastructure, like, I mean, that place can host a championship easily and has all the parking, it's easy to get to, and it's a it's a big property.
Speaker 2: I'm not crazy about the course, it's it's very Reese jonety.
Speaker 1: But if if that place got restored, it would be or redone by like Bill kre Ben Crenshaw or somebody like that, that place would be a top ten championship course in the in the country. Another one that I obviously it's the top of the list on everything with Chicago's Chicago Golf Club, I mean, they've got plenty of space. They could actually host one of these championships, but that would never never happen because they'd have to give up their course for a week. But they have the space and for the infrastructure needs and that would just be awesome. I think, I mean, I think Conways is a good host because of where it's located. It's got the space for the infrastructure, and uh, I think I think the golf course has a ton of potential to get better.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I am with you. All right, Let's go to the next question from Nate Maori. Nate, what do you think about the web Tour schedule criss crossing the nation? Shouldn't they think about the money implications on players and caddies.
Speaker 1: Well, to say the least, the Web Tour scheduling is it is a complete dumpster fire. They started the season going to the Bahamas and then they took a week off and then went back to the Bahamas. So you know, like that just from right off, the right off the start of the season, terrible scheduling with like any kind of thought to their players and caddies, Like they had to buy two flight, two round trip tickets to the Hamas as opposed to just one. These guys are playing for so little Monaymian. You finish in fortieth place on the Web Tour and you make like twenty six hundred dollars and that doesn't even cover your travel for the week and for the caddy that's like so you get ten percent, that's two hundred and sixty dollars plus you're like one thousand dollars a week fee. So yeah, they the Web Tour, I know that are in a tough spot with sponsors, but I just don't think the tour does enough to promote how good the golf is. I think last year, between the WEB graduates and the finals participants, you had nine PGA Tour winners on the season, So like, how how is this.
Speaker 2: Golf not being celebrated?
Speaker 1: Like you go watch a WEB event and it's just as good at golf, as very close to as good of golf as the PGA Tour.
Speaker 2: The names just aren't recognizable.
Speaker 3: So more fun to it ten too. I mean, it's much more intimate than you know, standing six people back, you can you know, walk right along with whoever you want really usually mm hmm exactly.
Speaker 2: And I mean the crazy thing I think is the misconception.
Speaker 1: On the Web is that it's a young tour and it's actually turning into more of an older tour because you get there's so many young guys on the PGA Tour that you have all these like older guys that should still be on the PGA Tour, like if it was fifteen years ago, but now they're stuck playing down there because there's just no spots form.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I obviously the reason it is the way it is, I think is it's hard to get good golf courses, to give up your golf, to give up your days for a tour event, let alone a web dot com. So I think that they try to mix and match the best they can, but I am in agreement with you that they can. They can absolutely do better, because it's not it's not fair to these guys at all. I mean not one bit. They wouldn't ask the tour guys to do the same thing. I don't even think because they would, you know, bitch about it.
Speaker 1: It's uh yeah, it's not good. It's I couldn't imagine being a caddy on the Web Tour. It would just be I mean, I don't know how those guys afford to live. Jay Rigdon overrated, underrated nine hole golf courses.
Speaker 3: I love nine hole golf courses. I grew up, I'm gonna say underrated. I grew up playing the Wineka par three. Probably my first fifty rounds of golfer at the Winneka par three, So I love it. There's some really cool par threes. Uh, you know, there's one in Jupiter down here, there's one in Palm Beach that's awesome. The one in Palm Beach literally is better than most of the regular golf courses around here. It's just it's they're a lot of fun, and you know, you get obviously Pine Valley and Olympic they all have really cool part three courses too. But I I mean, I would almost prefer to play a par three course than an eighteen whole course is just a little more fun and it's not such a time commitment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love nine hole courses because I like the idea of just playing nine holes, Like mm hmm, you don't always.
Speaker 2: Have time for eighteen.
Speaker 1: I think that we need more nine I'd love to see a four hole course because, like I think golf needs to try and compete with people's workouts, you know, and people always find an hour to work out, Like, how come we can't create four hole courses that are really interesting and.
Speaker 2: Fun where people can go play four holes.
Speaker 1: And it takes an hour on their way home from work as opposed to two hours for nine or four hours for eighteen. I think you'd see a lot more people playing golf more often.
Speaker 3: I feel like people have talked about that for a few years now, and I can't believe it hasn't really come to fruition, because it's that's an answer, you know, all these what's happened to golf? How do we get younger people? Blah blah blah. I mean, that's a complete answer, and nobody's really kind of taking the ball and run with it.
Speaker 1: It's one of my One of the most fun golf experiences I've had this year was my buddy's bachelor party and in Portland and he, you know, we were I was with like a bunch of non golfers. Like one guy hadn't played golf in fourteen years and he's like six' five And serbian and he hadn't played he'd only played once in his.
Speaker 2: Life he was, terrible but he had a great time we.
Speaker 1: Played this place is called like Mcmanamon's pub, course and they have a twenty hole par three course and a twelve hole par three. Course the clubhouse is a bar and you go there and you rent your clubs for like a. Dollar it's a you get a, wedge a, putter and one ball for a dollar and then you go play and every hole is less than seventy yards and it goes like uphill.
Speaker 2: Downhill the greens are. Tiny like it was actually like really.
Speaker 3: Hard that's, fun so.
Speaker 2: Fun but it was it for you, know like the.
Speaker 1: Beginners they could they could literally hit a putter to the, green you, know if they wanted to do they could just put it because it was like straight up hill, downhill so you could like on the downhill ones they could just put.
Speaker 2: It it was really.
Speaker 1: Cool it, was but like more places like, THAT i mean that it had more of a top golf style feel in terms of like the, atmosphere but it was more golf than top.
Speaker 2: Golf.
Speaker 3: Cool i'm all about.
Speaker 2: That Philip johnson, overrated Underrated madina.
Speaker 3: Three oh, Boy i'm probably gonna piss off some friends, here But i'm gonna say way. Overrated we've talked about this, before you, know with some buddies on our, thread AND i think THAT i would be IF i made the list of the top golf courses In, CHICAGO i would be surprised IF i Put madonna number three in the top. THIRTY i JUST i it's, long it's perfect for a tour. EVENT i, mean it's, long it's, hard it's. BIG i enjoy playing. IT I i just to, me it's. NOT i, mean it's just it's a little, boring the you, know the. Whole some of the holes kind of seem. Similar obviously there's some really good. Holes And i'm probably underselling it just because it is so. Overrated BUT i Just i've never been a fan of, it to be, Honest so just one man's opinion.
Speaker 2: In terms of, rankings it's way.
Speaker 1: Overrated in terms of like public, APPEAL i feel like The internet has been so like The internet era has ruined my. Medina like people see it and they just you, know AND i see pictures like that's like when people can start freely communicating about courses like across the internet With, twitter like it's it's ruined courses like my, Media like Baltist ral got the bad treatment, Too but, LIKE i, mean the design so, Flawed LIKE i Mean Rees jones puts like bunkers on outside of the dog lakes all day.
Speaker 2: Long out. There there's too many.
Speaker 1: Trees the greens are all reached out with all these segments and all this. Stuff but LIKE i go back to the land and the land is so frickin good that it's like almost like impossible to build a really bad golf course. There like it's still it's a mediocre golf course right, now but the land is so good that it could be.
Speaker 2: SPECTACULAR i say, underrated because if you.
Speaker 1: Actually renovated it and got a very good architect in there that was you, know that knew how to build strategic golf holes like that place would be it might be top three or four In.
Speaker 3: Chicago, yeah trees is a major issue out. There there's probably twelve times too many trees as there should.
Speaker 1: Be, yeah they got out rid of all the all the wrong trees and kept like those Big they have so many big oaks that are just awesome trees THAT i.
Speaker 3: Mean it Was sergiore is a good? Tree on is it really?
Speaker 1: Well reese redid the, hole oh right down the tree and he raised that.
Speaker 2: Green that green is still freaking high up.
Speaker 3: There when did he do? That i'm trying to think WHEN i played there maybe two years ago that was gone.
Speaker 1: Then so there's a tree that looks like you can go there and look at the tree and you think that's the, tree but.
Speaker 2: It's not actually the, tree fake. Tree it was.
Speaker 1: INTERESTING i busted a drive there the other day AND i THINK i was right by Where sergio hit his, tree which is kind of, amazing given like the technology advances since that the, championship like how far it used to hit the ball In.
Speaker 2: Tiger so, yeah THAT i Think.
Speaker 1: MADINA i think madna is is just beaten up so much that it might actually be. Underrated And i'm one of the people that beat it.
Speaker 3: Up it sounds like a good answer for the. People all, right let's Go Nate mauri over Under Wesley.
Speaker 2: Bryant last last questions From. Nate that's a good, one fired him.
Speaker 3: Off, yeah over Under Wesley bryant's ninety minute round of sixty, nine which was.
Speaker 2: Nice it is. NICE i.
Speaker 1: Think it's overrated, though just because of what, again what the internet does to things like.
Speaker 3: This i'm cool with that, answer all. Right how about another one From? Nate what are the three worst best courses on? Tour which courses would you substitute?
Speaker 2: In three best would be probably.
Speaker 1: Let's, SEE i mean Like ironomic next, year it's got to be in.
Speaker 3: There ironomic is so.
Speaker 2: Good riviera every single year has to be one of.
Speaker 1: Those and THEN i would probably, say, Well, Trinity i'm gonna be really interested to See Trinity forrest In dallas next.
Speaker 2: Year new.
Speaker 1: HOST i don't know Who i'd say for the Third i'd PROBABLY i Mean Pebble, beach but they don't do the full, hosting you, know, Right i'd still Say Pebble.
Speaker 2: Beach what do you.
Speaker 3: THINK i can't Leave pebble off. There And ironomic is one of the best Courses i've ever. Played that course is amazing and it's gotten.
Speaker 2: BETTER i think we.
Speaker 3: Did a trip there and we Played Pine valley the day after we Played. Ironomic and not to say That ironomic was better Than Pine, valley but we were, like, wow those. Courses they're not they're not similar by any, means but in terms of how we rated, them we're, Like, wow this courses are not very far. Off we had no idea anything About. Ironomic we got to.
Speaker 2: Do a trip To philly before.
Speaker 1: THAT bmw next, year get a get a Little ironomic in AND i, mean.
Speaker 2: There's so many good golf courses in.
Speaker 3: Phil so many it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, ACTUALLY i spent two weeks there last year AND i feel LIKE i just scratched the.
Speaker 3: SURFACE i haven't Played mary And i'd love. To one are the worst, courses the worst.
Speaker 1: Courses this one that jumps to the top of my mind THAT i kind of lit up this this year Is Glenn. ABBEY i, mean it's hardly one of the best one hundred golf courses in all Of. CANADA i don't think it would, be and you look at, it it's kind of it favors the long hitter tremendously out.
Speaker 2: There if you don't, vomit you have no. Chance and.
Speaker 1: You, know you look at what just happened to The Canadian. OPEN i mean it used to be a, major major, event AND i Mean Jack, nicholas it was one of his Like musco tos every. Year and what's happened to it is it has become like a bottom tier event since you, know the slide started when they started going To Glenn. ABBEY i think you look at good golf courses usually promote good fields Like. Riviera Obviously la has a part of, that but it has the best non, major NON wgc field year and year, out and it's the best golf. Course so that's a quick fix for The Canadian. Open AND i know everybody will say they don't make any money if they go somewhere, Else but it's not like a you can't just like go somewhere good one year and have all of your problems. Fixed if you continually play good, courses it'll get.
Speaker 2: Fixed.
Speaker 1: FIRESTONE i Hate. FIRESTONE i know good players win.
Speaker 2: There but it just it's.
Speaker 1: Thoughtless it's you, know hit it straight and hit it, close like there's a never.
Speaker 2: Any like in what holes can you remember At?
Speaker 1: Firestone like you remember them Because tiger played eighteen in the dark and you remember, Sixteen but could you tell me what hole seven At firestone? Is and they've been playing there for how many years? Straight and it's a big time. Event and THEN i gotta go with The jones family. Legacy here THE Rtj trail For barbasol all.
Speaker 3: Over The joneses. Today, yeah tough.
Speaker 2: Day for The.
Speaker 1: Jones BUT i would Say i'd say that just because like why are they playing In alabama In? August like the course rally isn't is, Okay but the fact that you're playing a golf tournament In alabama In august is asking for many rain delays and like extremely soft conditions and players just like with tons of swamp.
Speaker 2: Ass the one.
Speaker 3: Course you're leaving off that list IS tpc At. Scottsdale that course is. AWFUL i you, KNOW i Maybe i'm salty because it's like a few hundred bucks to play and you get out there and like the first fourteen, Holes you're, like what the hell is? This LIKE i could have just you, know played the hotel course or any course you know In. Arizona that's literally so. BORING I i the fifteen through eighteen are, cool BUT i think you're so bitter that you've played the first fourteen holes by the time you get to, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen you don't get to enjoy.
Speaker 1: IT i got a lot of heat even from one of our our, friends The Angry, golfer WHEN i said That SCOTTSDALE Tpc scottsdale is a below average course in a city full of average golf.
Speaker 3: Courses, YEAH i think you're you're painting that in a positive. PICTURE i think you, said Like scottsdale is one of the worst golf cities in the, country and then said Like memphis was.
Speaker 2: BETTER i didn't Say, memphis you.
Speaker 3: Didn't but your argument About scottsdale was. Good but excuse me ABOUT tpc At. Scottsdale BUT i do think there's some awesome golf courses in The scottsdale. AREA i need to. Go it just might be a little overrated because there's so many and people are, like, Oh scottsdale Golf. Mecca it's definitely not, that but it's not. TERRIBLE i don't THINK.
Speaker 2: I always judge golf cities like.
Speaker 1: How many courses would you fly there to? Play and, like from What i've, BEEN i haven't.
Speaker 2: Played enough golf In. SCOTTSIALE i have to go this. WINTER i think that's.
Speaker 3: Something have you played desert for?
Speaker 1: Us?
Speaker 3: No so that course is, Amazing but that's a northern golf. Course that's it's it's just kind of place in the, desert but it is a north it's kind of a northern field to. It but they had some really good golf.
Speaker 1: Courses Whisper rock is like a cool experience more so than being a great golf.
Speaker 3: Course oh. TOTALLY I i would give the golf course like a. FIVE i don't even really remember many of the holes. There BUT i remember the milkshakes and the hanging out inside watch AND i think it WAS ncaa tournament last time we were. There that was a, Blast but the golf course was kind of.
Speaker 2: Eh SO i.
Speaker 1: Always judge it on like where in the city WOULD i like you call me up and, say, Hey i'm playing? Here like where WOULD i hop on a plane no question to ask to go? Play and you, Know chicago Has Chicago golf for, akers Like columbus Has Mirfield.
Speaker 2: Village i'd probably.
Speaker 1: Get in a car to Drive, Seota and but like the golf, club i'd get you, know get in a plane and go fly their. Play Like San francisco Has San Francisco Golf. Club you know they, Have i'd probably go Play Cal. Club also The Olympic club, Obviously so like these, CITIES la has three, Courses i'd get a get on a plane to go. Play Like that's my point is like there isn't one In scottsdale Where i'd be, like, yeah you know, What i'll drop.
Speaker 2: Everything and go.
Speaker 1: Play, PENNSYLVANIA i mean Like, Philly pittsburgh Has New, York, Boston i'll have.
Speaker 3: Them, NO i MEAN i think MY i agree with you that it's not very top have, you but it's a little deeper.
Speaker 2: Here here's a good question From Joe. Ess best betting game with play a varying skill?
Speaker 3: LEVEL i would say the banker game would be the best because you can you can do it with guys who are twenty handicaps plus, fives and you can. Win you, know you can bet as much as you want or as little as we. Want brief. Synopsis so you go to a, hole Say i'm the guy that hold the first putt with the lowest. Score is the banker on the next, Hole so Say i'm the. BANKER i, say, okay this soul's worth forty bucks and, maximum and you're you and me are playing straight, up and you, say, Okay i'll take all forty of. It and then our buddies getting you, know eight, shots and he gets a shot or you want twenty of, it, say and my buddy's getting a shot off. Me he wants all. Forty and then you, know one of our other buddies is just tagging along for, fun and he just, says, Okay i'll just play it for. Ten and then you just play the whole individual me against you and me against the other, guy and me against the other. Guy that's kind of a brief. Synopsis but it's good for all levels of betting and all skill.
Speaker 2: Levels you.
Speaker 1: Know WHAT i really like about that game is if you play, well you're gonna.
Speaker 3: Win m.
Speaker 1: Hm like it's very, simple like if you play if you shoot sixty, eight you're gonna. Win you, know if you play a great, round if you're a if you're a twelve handicap and shoot, eighty you're gonna. Win like, Right it's not going to be where like one, hole like can just railroad you and you, could you, know you make your only bogie on a hole and somebody else makes an eagle and you lose five hundred points and it's just.
Speaker 2: Like, WELL i just you.
Speaker 1: Know so that's one THING i love about that. GAME i think it's good for different skill. Levels we played it with a not that vast but a pretty Vast.
Speaker 3: Yeah we played it with a good group of, guys diverse. Handicaps, YEAH i would agree with.
Speaker 2: THAT i Think, BANKER i Think wolf is decent. IT i think it Obviously Scotch in Like, vegas skew to the better.
Speaker 3: Player, yeah that game is all about, PROCs so you don't want to get in that game with you, know if you're a high, handicapper you, can't you. Can't you don't want to get in that game with low.
Speaker 1: Handicappers and it's, LIKE i think the TRADITIONAL nasa like actually skews like a match Play nasha skews to the higher handicap having an advantage because totally because as a lower, handicap your, variant it's, like you, know you don't make as many you don't make many doubles or, triples and a fifteen handicap can make nine, pars but he could make you, know three, triples and those three triples you can make birdie and you know you pick up twelve shots on those three, holes but you really only win three.
Speaker 3: Holes so, yeah it's a story for a different. Day But i've always felt like member guests and you, know stuff like, that where it's usually best ball match, play it should not be even close to one hundred, percent probably not even eighty percent your. Handicamp it should be like.
Speaker 2: Sixty but, YEAH i think like sixty or fifty it should.
Speaker 1: Be but that's both of us have an extremely biased perspective on the.
Speaker 2: Subject So. Philip why Did leishman get two.
Speaker 1: Trophies that's because there's A bmw trophy and A Western open. Trophy so, like you, know THE wga runs The Western western m and it became THE, bmw or The Western open and became THE, bmw and you, know The Western open was one of the most historic.
Speaker 2: Events it's kind of a, shame, ACTUALLY i. Uh but the better question here is. Overrated Underrated guys who play with no.
Speaker 3: HATS i think overrated because you're probably not that intelligent because with you, know, melanoma and you spend so much time on the you, know in the, sun not wearing a hat is extremely dangerous and you're just not not intelligent if. YOU i, mean if it's one, thing if it's like once every two, weeks but once every three, weeks it's still not. Good but if you're out there regularly playing golf without a, hat you gotta you gotta fix. That you gotta figure it.
Speaker 2: Out sounds like you should get in with the big safari.
Speaker 3: HAT i should the long sleeve. SHIRT i probably will. BE i think that's what people do In florida after they've been here for like ten. Years i'll be wearing like long underwear and on my. Legs i'm on my, Face i'm.
Speaker 1: Gonna go underrated on the no Hat and it's just BECAUSE i admire them not selling out and earning the extra whatever couple hundred thousand or you, know if it if it's a high profile player millions of dollars from a sponsor by.
Speaker 2: Foregoing the number one spot on the.
Speaker 3: Golfer all, right how About BLAKE j wants to know your thoughts on the New Dana Fry corse At Arcadia.
Speaker 2: Buffs, WELL i haven't seen it, yet so hard to say what my thoughts.
Speaker 1: ARE i like the idea of getting golfers more exposed to the kind Of rainer McDonald's style of golf in a public.
Speaker 2: Setting there just aren't many of. Them it'll be interesting to see how it's.
Speaker 1: EXECUTED i think the tough thing with doing that style of golf is Where rainer was really great was like in these small little. Intricacies you, know it's like these small little internal contours and greens where if you miss the, green you, know if you're pin high, right not only do you have slope right to, left but there's usually these little tiny spines that you have to put over that all of a sudden make speed control. IMPOSSIBLE i think that is the genius Of. Rayner that will be very difficult.
Speaker 2: To, match But i'm excited to see. IT i Am.
Speaker 1: Dave, westler WHO i had on the pod did a great job doing a course in a similar manner from like a nothing muni In Mount prospect where you have these wild template, greens and you know there's something that he. Faced there was backlash from the public because they just they didn't understand. It so a lot of people, think like these are goofy, greens but these Are the whole premise was like build a court a public course In chicago where you can see the architecture you see at Short akers In chicago golf the two best golf courses in the.
Speaker 2: City and that leads us, sorry go, ahead, no, no go.
Speaker 3: Ahead that leads us to the question here About Remount Prospect Golf club Versus. Rabislow what are your top five public courses In chicago considering the quality of, course, cost distance from the, city et.
Speaker 1: Cetera so if you if you do the, COST i think this is the only way you can really judge like golf and cities is when you do quality of, course condition and the, costs because you, know if you play a, course if you want a course this great, condition like you can tell.
Speaker 2: Hey if you want great, conditioning you should.
Speaker 1: Go play the Gun. Club BUT i don't think it's anywhere near the best public golf course in the. City WHAT i would say, Is i'd probably Go ravislow is my favorite.
Speaker 2: Place to go. Play it's like A Donald ross.
Speaker 1: Course great. Greens unfortunately they can't keep the. Greens this is the other problem with public golf, is like those old, greens they can't keep fast in a public setting because the rounds would just take too. Long guys would be putting balls off the green all. Day whereas a country club you could do that because people are more used to the green. Speed So i'd Say rabbits slow is my number. One i'd Go Mount, prospect all. Right i'd go Probably Shepherd's crook number. Two it's way up In zion so as, far but that's an awesome golf. Course there's no, range it's built on a, landfill so it can kind of smell, sometimes but it's a really good golf.
Speaker 2: Course and then i'd GO.
Speaker 1: I go number, Three mount prospect number Four highlands Of, elgin AND i don't know what my number five would.
Speaker 2: Be what about. YOU i like that.
Speaker 3: List i'd probably Put Pine meadow in that.
Speaker 2: List Pine meadow's.
Speaker 3: COOL i like that golf. COURSE i, MEAN i don't know how architecturally sound it, is but as far as a public, COURSE i, mean it's tough and it's. SOLID i DON'T i haven't played there in, years BUT i want to say it's probably around one hundred bucks something like.
Speaker 2: That it's a good.
Speaker 1: Deal so the interesting thing About Pine meadow that is that it was originally designed By William, flynn the guy that Designed Shannacak.
Speaker 3: Hills, JESUS i did not know that.
Speaker 1: Catance at the country. CLUB i mean it Was integral And marion And Pine. Valley this guy came To Lake forest to build a state for this guy Named Albert, laskar and it was called Mill Road Farms Golf. CLUB i THINK i think that was the, name but, anyways it was apparently this golf course in Lake. Forest he Built Pine. Metal at the same, time this golf course In Lake forest was The oakmont of The, midwest and there was an ongoing bet That laskar had with any tour professional that they couldn't come and break park and he would give him a thousand bucks if they broke part the. Course AND i think only one guy did it. Ever but Then laskar died and it became a housing, development and you, Know Lake forest lost probably the best golf course in the, town in the. City maybe the city probably wouldn't have been better Than Chicago.
Speaker 3: Golf but sounds Like Jerry, rick she has a standing standing offer to try to break part rich haarvis from the.
Speaker 1: Tips, yeah it's probably a little bit different type test of golf in terms of what it. Demands let's, See, uh is there A Golden age course not in the US, Ga rhoda for events that AREN'T Us, open Mid, am all those all the am events that should Be.
Speaker 3: You know, what why don't you take that one that seems right up your?
Speaker 2: ALLEY i feel like the u S ga gets. There they're kind of pick of the.
Speaker 1: Litter BUT i don't know the last, time Like San Francisco Golf club had, something AND.
Speaker 2: I think that would be a great golf.
Speaker 1: Course obviously you've got another, one might be Like peachtree hasn't ever really had.
Speaker 2: ANYTHING i don't.
Speaker 1: SEE i think these clubs probably aren't interested in hosting, them, Right so then but those AND i think Like San Francisco Golf, club given its lack of, distance would you'd have to have like a mid am at the best course That i've played this, year not Named Chicago Golf club Or Fisher's island is a place Called, moraine and it's In, Dayton.
Speaker 2: Ohio it's neighbors WITH.
Speaker 1: NCR i played a US am qualifier, there so it's not THE usga run. Event it's a it's a Local Golf association run. Event and only one guy broke part over the two, rounds and it was it wasn't like it was like abnormally windy or bad.
Speaker 2: Conditions it was a good day to play.
Speaker 1: Golf SO i would Say moraine should be hosting. Something it should host like A Senior, open a senior, players like if the tour wanted to go, there or it could be like an awesome US am host WITH ncr is the other, course or a mid am course with AN. Ncr they literally are they butt up against each, Other so that could be a really great kind of. Combo here's a good. One overrated underrated practice.
Speaker 3: Swings i'm gonna say. OVERRATED I i only say that BECAUSE i think it's such a perceived notion that you have to have this two, swing three swing. Routine and there's been times Where i've struggled playing And i'll switch up my, ROUTINE i, mean and maybe go no practice swings and you play fine for a little. Bit SO i, mean as long as you're you're, LOOSE i mean it. Depends if you're rehearsing, something you, know like trying to get under it or come over, it whatever you whatever you're, rehearsing then practice swings actually. Help but if you're swinging it pretty, Well i'm not really. SURE i, mean what they do for you mm.
Speaker 1: Hmm some people say that your best swing would be your first wing because it's.
Speaker 3: An.
Speaker 1: Instinctual i'd say, overrated not. Necessary here's another good one for. You should The Walker cup reserve a spot for midam, or a senior am or and a senior.
Speaker 3: AM I i THINK i said this on the last, one but, NO i don't think. SO i, MEAN i think it should be the twelve or how many ten or twelve ten?
Speaker 2: TEN i should be it should expand to twelve, though.
Speaker 3: If you expanded to. TWELVE i think you, could you, know you'd have some wiggle room. There BUT i think if it's, TEN i think. NEITHER i think you should just have the ten best. Players and LIKE i said it at the on the last, ONE i hope it's six. Midam's but you, know if it's, not it's. Not it should be the ten best players that play in.
Speaker 2: IT i, agree it's not like. THEY i.
Speaker 1: Guess you, know this year The President's cup Took, phil which was kind of like taking a.
Speaker 2: Midam he probably, didn't.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah the, team let's, see we'll say.
Speaker 2: Overrated. Underrated Midwest Fall golf From. Andy, okay so.
Speaker 3: UNDERRATED i Love Midwest fall. Golf i'm trying to figure out a. Way i'm trying to figure out a few dates In october to come up north and play x more and all the good golf courses that are so it's when it's firm and fast Up. North typically the the courses are just so. Good it's my favorite time of. Year there's nothing to be better than playing like a eight o'clock round on A saturday And, sunday you, know eating, lunch going home and just watching football. Day it's like a dream.
Speaker 1: Day, yeah especially when it's the weather where like you're wearing pants AND i pull over when you tee off and then buy like by eight your pants and a shirt and it's just like that perfect. Weather it's a little, brisk and the balls balls, running the greens are flying because they don't have to worry about all the diseases getting in, there like the humidity.
Speaker 2: Over there's no way it could be possibly. Overrated.
Speaker 1: Agreed what's the craziest confrontation you've ever witnessed on the golf course or?
Speaker 3: HALT i saw this. Question it reminded me of one. THING i was playing a high school match with my Buddy. Andrew we were PLAYING i GUESS i shouldn't say what, school so we're what school we were playing, against but we were both playing For New, trier and one of the guys we're playing against is clearly moving his marker, up like every time he puts it, down he moves it up like literally like six inches to a. FOOT i, mean we would turn around talk to each other and he'd be hate to have like a tap in instead of a three. Footer we're, like what the hell is going? On so that it's, Like, okay you, Know i'll you, Know i'm gonna keep an eye on, them blah blah. Blah So i'm not really paying attention on like the seventh. POLE i look over And vitt goes up to this kid and he, goes, LISTEN i saw you move that. Marker i'm not gonna call you on, it but if you do it, again And i'm gonna beat the fuck out of, You, like oh my, god and the kid got ghost. White literally MADE i think double or triple on eight and double or triple on nine after being like even. Par it was the craziest Thing i've. Seen he was so, flustered it was. Amazing, yes it's the high school high school. Golf lots of high school golf can get.
Speaker 2: Crazy, yeah mine would.
Speaker 1: BE i was playing at my home club AND i HIT i sprayed.
Speaker 2: ONE i was actually somebody else sprayed one into our fair, away AND i pointed.
Speaker 1: OUT i was, like here's your, ball and the guy like drives up with his cart and he like immediately starts like getting ready to hit the, shot And i'm walking like directly in front of, him and like all of a, Sudden i'm like standing right in his crosshairs And i'm, like.
Speaker 2: Holy, shit this guy's gonna hit the.
Speaker 1: Ball AND i start running with my bag on my shoulders and.
Speaker 2: He hit he.
Speaker 1: Chunks, it and he was like this big, guy he chunks this and it like goes like you, know like right in like thirty.
Speaker 2: Yards And i'm, like holy. Shit AND i AND i said to, HIM i was, like, dude you gotta wait till people get out of your.
Speaker 1: Way and he, goes you THOUGHT i was gonna hit, you and LIKE i was pretty pissed. Off SO i, said, well with a swing like, that you you would never. Know and, UH i mean this guy got like enraged and he was was he. Hammered, No, no he's this big guy he had he was tatted up and and my BUDDY i was playing with, like, dude like why why did you say that to?
Speaker 2: Him but, yeah he got really. Mad it was it WAS i actually kind of.
Speaker 1: Was scared about getting my ass kicked on a golf, course WHICH i didn't.
Speaker 2: Think whatever.
Speaker 3: Happened how about overrated underrated wedge stamps And adirondack.
Speaker 2: CHAIRS i think they're both.
Speaker 1: OVERRATED i have LIKE i had a buddy give me Some wilson wedges and they have my initials on, them and it's, cool but LIKE i don't get in on like the, designs like a cool putter cover doesn't get me, going or A i'm like kind.
Speaker 2: Of more of a.
Speaker 1: Minimalist and then the, CHAIRS i think, that like people make such a big deal about them that they're. OVERRATED i just naturally think things are overrated when people like.
Speaker 3: THEM i say overrated wedge, stamps AND i guess underrated at around back chairs BECAUSE i like saying at around deck they are.
Speaker 1: Cool Like Arcadia bluffs has a bunch of them that on top of the bluff and they look out over the lake like that's fucking.
Speaker 2: Awesome i'm in on, that.
Speaker 3: But you're in on.
Speaker 2: That, yeah just in, general maybe out on. IT i don't think they're that comfortable.
Speaker 3: Either they're, okay, yeah you're, right they're. Not like it's Not god's gifts to.
Speaker 1: Comfort they look, cool but you, KNOW I i have this debate with my wife all the, time like they look, Cool like this looks, cool but it's not, Comfortable like that's the main point of a.
Speaker 2: Chair, right.
Speaker 3: That's a good that's a good spousal.
Speaker 2: Argument, yeah let's see what else we?
Speaker 1: Have, okay here here from sixteen, pars it looks like he had a he had an interesting uh.
Speaker 2: Experience in his Mid aam.
Speaker 1: Qualifier he's downwind two seventy six pin two forty to carry on the eighteenth over. Water it's a par five and it's a very windy, day and he's the second to last group with no live scoring and he's two.
Speaker 2: Over you, know with two qualifier, spots what would you?
Speaker 3: DO I i don't know IF i have enough information. THERE i think you need to. Know i'd like to know, where you. KNOW i think he probably had, it hopefully a general idea of who was in the. Field and it depends on where the wind. IS i think that if you can hit it two, fifty you, hit you go for. It but if if the two forty yardage is right on the, BORDER i think you have to try to lay up and make birdie the other, way because there's nothing worse Than, YEAH i did this in A monday qualifier for The Greater Milwaukee. OPEN I i THINK i was three or four, under four, under maybe maybe, FIVE i, Forget But i'm A monday qualifying And i'm on the eighteenth three AND i look at my buddy who's cadding for, me And i'm, like, DUDE i have like a thirty footer. Downhill i'm, like, dude IF i make this, Putt i'm going to play in a tour. Event he's like, yeah. Yeah So i'm, LIKE i ram it ten feet, by you, Know i'm, like, oh, man come, back miss the comebacker tap. In HAD i just two, PUTTED i would have been in a. Playoff so you never want. It you never want, to you, know count your. CHICKENS i unless it's you can you can miss it and hit it two, FORTY i would probably lay. Up.
Speaker 1: YEAH i think in, general thinking numbers is the complete wrong way to play a. Qualifier something that's helped me recently with qualifiers is THAT i don't think about my. SCORE i just simply say to, myself AM i playing? Well and If i'm playing, well no matter what my score, Is i'm probably going to be very close or like you, know if it's at state, Level i'm going to get. In at A usga, Level i'm probably going to be somewhat, close AND i just need some putts to go.
Speaker 2: In so because like you don't know.
Speaker 1: What the number is ever going to be and even thinking about the number is just wasting your time and taking you out of what the psychologists say is.
Speaker 2: The, moment you.
Speaker 1: Know SO i would say that the first Question i'd ask myself, is especially like on a wendy, day AM i playing very?
Speaker 2: Well if you're playing very, well you're probably in a good.
Speaker 1: Spot LIKE i, think think back to like The Lakeshore midam, thing like WHERE i played really well last year in This midham thing AND i shot seventy on a really, tough windy, Day LIKE i was walking off that. COURSE i would never think like on a regular day like seventy is going to be the medalist ends up being the medalist because it was a tough. Day BUT i KNEW i played great. Golf so it's like a number doesn't really. Matter it matters how you, play, RIGHT i sixteen?
Speaker 3: Parts please tweet us and let us know what you. Did i'm curious to see how that. Ended let's get.
Speaker 2: A couple more and we'll get out of. Here we touched on the. Ball let's do.
Speaker 1: How about we say, overrated underrated playing tournament golf from some guy Named, Tony.
Speaker 3: Well some guy Named. TONY i think playing tournament. GOLF i want to SAY i think. Underrated it's really fun to, compete and not necessarily against other, people but it's fun to see how like you mentally handle. SITUATIONS i think it's beneficial, too you, know as a, trader it's beneficial to me to know HOW i react to certain things and CAN i you, know keep cool and calm when things aren't going. Right SO i think IT'S i think it's. UNDERRATED i think it has value to other parts of your. LIFE i think that you, know you make a lot of good, friends So i'm going to say.
Speaker 2: Underrated, YEAH i think underrated.
Speaker 1: TOO i think it obviously helps your your golf. GAME i actually have like a problem now WHERE i don't play as well casual as a casual golfer AS i do as a tournament golfer BECAUSE i just don't. Focus but that's. Fine i'm not out there playing on A saturday morning to like grind out a, score, right more so to have. FUN i THINK i completely agree with helping other parts of your. Life LIKE i used to be in sales.
Speaker 2: And just like being, calm like that's the biggest, thing you.
Speaker 1: KNOW i used to run a little hot on the golf course and and, NOW i mean you eventually realize like it doesn't really, matter but it helps you with other aspects of your, life like you, know you have to you have to stay.
Speaker 3: Cool ride's discipline. TOO i, MEAN i know that you're probably not going to have fourteen beers with a nine am t time in a tournament the next, day so you, know you got to go to bed early on A friday night and get ready to play the next. Day SO i think it helps. Discipline, yeah keep you. Discipline Ryan, hennessy this is a good.
Speaker 1: Question why doesn't the low am at The masters get an invite to the next? Year is it because they assume that he turns pro After obviously it's it's point to big Stew.
Speaker 3: I'm curious if they assume, that, obviously we don't. KNOW i guess they probably, be DO i think they. Should they're very, obviously very pro, amateur AND i think they could put a caveat in there that the low am gets an invite next, year provided he's still an. Am that would be interesting because it must be such a cool experience that guys might even hold off on turning. PRO i wonder if that would you, know it's just you, know you play well on the you know you're low, am that's. Fine you play well the next year in The. Masters you, know you could make millions in sponsor money versus you, know grinding out a year on you, know the mini. Tours BUT i Think i'm all for. THAT i think the low am should get an invite the following.
Speaker 2: Year, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: AGREE i don't think a lot of people would stay pro. LIKE i think it's just cool for a guy Like. HAGASTAD i, mean obviously he, uh nobody expected him to be the low am At augusta and he played great golf for four days and the act that he is still, Amateur like why wouldn't you get? That and it would be for like cool, Parents like obviously THE usam champ gets to play with the Reigning masters champ and is it THE Us open? Champ, yes and so like that's that's. Cool but then you could have like the low am gets to play with like THE usm runner up and somebody. Else so maybe may you do THE usm runner up and The master's runner.
Speaker 2: Up from the year.
Speaker 3: Before that would be.
Speaker 1: Cool, Sure So i'm in on, that all, right let's, uh.
Speaker 3: How about this one From will, Says, Hi, ANDY i had this discussion recently with a. Friend i'm about a ten handicap in my mid. Twenties IF i quit my, job hired one of the top swing instructors in the, world and worked on my game full, time how good COULD i reasonably expect to get IN x amount of time a, year three, years five, years assume money isn't a part as far as equipment and course access. Goes COULD i expect to get to A Pga tour level of Play Web tour level or just be really good amateur at my? Club how much of golf do you think is natural talent and ability versus dedication and. Practice enjoy the, pod keep up the good, Work, Will.
Speaker 1: All, right this is a great, question AND i think you, KNOW i think some people have tried to do. This, NOW i would say that you're never going to get to A Web tour level or even.
Speaker 2: Like A Latin American tour.
Speaker 1: LEVEL i think your swing's going to have some flaws that are going to take a very long time to. Fix and the biggest thing is that you've missed out on reps for end of fifteen years that those guys have had the end not to mention all of the tournament golf experience like that can't go, without you, know like you can't under you can't overrate that.
Speaker 2: Enough SO i would say that you're never going.
Speaker 1: To get to a pro golf, level like of a touring pro golf. LEVEL i think you would become very. GOOD i think a year in you could probably expect to be down to a four or five. HANDICAP i think three years in you could be a good state level amateur. Player AND i think five years in you could begin, to you, know be playing in like you have chances to play in like THE us mid m at that.
Speaker 2: Level what do.
Speaker 3: You Think i'm going to, Say i'm. NOT i think that you're right on THE Pga, Tour Web tour. LEVEL i don't want to say it's zero, percent because there's always a, chance BUT i would put it under one. Percent you, know from a ten, HANDICAP i, think you, know it's hard. ENOUGH i know some guys that have been you, know plus one, scratches plus two's and tried to do, that and you know they. Haven't they haven't had much. Luck so coming from a ten without the reps That andy mentioned makes it even. HARDER i think in a, year golf's a hard, game AND i think in a year you could go from ten to four probably and then three years maybe four to, scratch and five years you could probably be playing in state. TOURNAMENTS i don't know if you could be at the top of that because you are competing against guys that practice a lot and they've been playing tournament golf for twenty thirty. Years so it's. TOUGH i, mean it's definitely, doable, THOUGH i mean it's. Not that's what's so great about golf is you could you, could you, know be one of the best senior ams in the world in twenty five. Years there's no doubt about. That but in terms of within the next five, YEARS i think that that's. Tough that's.
Speaker 1: Tough so, yeah like a good, EXAMPLE i have a buddy friend of the, pod his name is he played minor league baseball his and he he's a buddy of a buddy of, mine like from high. School they played high school golf. Together so he was a high school. Golfer he, was you, know once upon a, time a two handicap in high, school and he played minor league, baseball AND i remember playing with him right after he quit minor league, baseball and he was like a six or an eight, Handicap like he wasn't you, know, great but he had like he murdered the. Ball and within two years he was down to like a two or a, one like back to his high school, level and within four years he was at a plus handicap. Level but this is a guy that was already had a lot of the reps and the, skill but you, know had fallen down because of a lack of.
Speaker 2: Playing so and he has a ton of athletic, Ability like he hits.
Speaker 1: The ball like three hundred and fifty, Yards so THAT i would, SAY i think YOU'RE i think you're right five years that you probably a state competitor with like a very outside chance to qualify for like A us madan mm hm so.
Speaker 3: So on this question that wasn't isn't is It Jason? Bone did he do? This didn't he make a hole in? One or is? That is? That What i'm thinking.
Speaker 2: Is Scott.
Speaker 1: Piercy didn't He, Well Scott, PIERCY i think was trying to play pro golf and he won like a million dollar thing In.
Speaker 2: Vegas and that's how.
Speaker 3: Oh, No, yeah that's. DIFFERENT i Think Jason, bone If i'm, RIGHT i know. SOMEBODY i think It's Ja, bone you, know made a hole on, one basically quit his job and worked real hard for a few years and made the. Tour BUT i think he was obviously a great golfer. Beforehand maybe. Not, maybe you, know the money was a big hindrance to him getting at the next, level and then once he got, it he was able to do. It BUT i feel like that's.
Speaker 1: Right, YEAH i think if if if you're like a plus three and it happened like or a plus, two like you've got a small.
Speaker 3: Chance but it's still SO I i you, KNOW i have. Buddies i'm thirty three, now SO i graduated eleven years. AGO i have buddies THAT i graduated with still playing mini tour golf and they are, playing you, know full time for eleven, years great talented, players and still you, know haven't played on The web OR Pga. Tour so it's JUST i mean to expect to do that is it's not in the realm of.
Speaker 1: Happening that's like the hosibility nobody, understands, like you, know LIKE I i played with a buddy of mine who's played full time on the web this, year AND i played really good golf and shot like seventy one that, day and he made a double bogie and shot sixty seven and who that? Means, Yeah and it's just, like you, know LIKE i DON'T i don't have that in. THERE i always say that they're like a Deep they're like a nuclear Sub like they get under the water and they can go as low as you they. Want And i'm a, snorkeler so.
Speaker 3: Just dabble a little.
Speaker 2: BIT i can get down. There you.
Speaker 1: Know SOMETIMES i spend a lot of time above, water and then WHEN i get get below, water like IF i get too far, under Like i'm getting water down the snorkel tube And i'm coming.
Speaker 3: UP i like that analogy. Snorkeler so all, RIGHT.
Speaker 2: I think that's, uh we got to most of. It thanks for all the questions. Ones, yeah if you want. To you, know we do this.
Speaker 1: Pretty, regularly so if you want, to you can email them to us, too if you have a long, question if you if you just tweet at, Me i'm not very, organized so so if you if you want to question in the best way to do is. Email if if it's not associated to a thread WHERE i where we are ask for. Questions So, kyle thanks for coming.
Speaker 3: On, yeah thanks for having.
Speaker 2: Me good to have you. Back, hey it's glad you're safe and sound down there In.
Speaker 3: Florida and thanks all right, later see you, guys