Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's a Dan Patrick Show Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 3: LaVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you hair in for Dan and the guys.
Speaker 2: We are going to take you all the way up.
Speaker 3: Your issues are real until noon Eastern time, nine o'clock.
Speaker 4: They're real, They're not for fake bro.
Speaker 5: And and Lee's issues are far beyond anybody's woldest imaginations of what any His issues are horribly bad, Bro.
Speaker 2: Why do you keep going back? JD on tap?
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 5: It ain't breast milk, Damn, it's Jack Daniels.
Speaker 3: Ah. We are off and running here on a on a Friday morning here on the Dan Patrick Show, and on this three hour extravaganza, we will take you all the way up until noon Eastern time, nine flock Pacific.
Speaker 4: Lee is very confusing. So he's very confusing.
Speaker 2: All right, so good? Yeah, there's there's just a lot.
Speaker 5: I wish people could hear what just happened bad. Just Lee is a very confusing person.
Speaker 4: Man, I mean he, I mean he he takes.
Speaker 5: That that that viral story and puts it on steroids.
Speaker 4: Are you proud of who you are?
Speaker 5: Lee, like honestly, like speaking to the mic, like like the person that you do you do you do? More?
Speaker 4: Like do you look in the mirror in the morning, do you look at you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I avoid that. Do you ever look at yourself? Yeah? I'm happy.
Speaker 5: So when you look in the mirror, you're like, you like the person that's looking back at you. Yeah, he's a good dude. You feel good about it. I feel good. And then you go into your day. You step into your day and it's like, let's go have a good one. I live my best life.
Speaker 4: Bark all right, Okay, let's let's let's let's do the show.
Speaker 5: So that you do know that that makes me lose a little bit of belief in humanity. You do know that, right? That's his that's his conclusion when he looked in the mirror. We need little, we need only a little bit only. No, I'm just saying you said only a little more for you, it should be more. I'm not judging him either way, that's not I would like to think I'm not judging him, but that's disturbing.
Speaker 3: I'm all for variety, you know, and uh, we need a little bit of everything in this world.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's what you call it? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Now speaking of a little bit of everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, college football has got this NIL stuff going on, which.
Speaker 4: Love this stuff.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump, the President of the United States, plans to sign an executive order establishing national standards for name, image, and likeness initiatives, according to CBS News.
Speaker 2: So wh with that being said, this is where you turn it over to Braden T.
Speaker 3: Quinn to explain to us when we are going to get to the point to where we all know what the rules are, we all understand what the parameters are, and we can just move forward as opposed to the back and forth. It is constantly happening. Who's violating what? Wisconsin player is suing my like all the other things that come along with NIL over the past couple of years.
Speaker 6: You are fake is oh thank you for that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So, I don't want to get too much into the weeds. But here are, like the layman's terms, things that need to be addressed, and I think he's trying to address this with this executive order. The first is uniformity, meaning if you go state to state and LeVar you know this like high school eligibility for NIL and college NIL rules they're different, Yeah, difference, which one of the things that's occurred now is, yes, we have the revenue shape which all the schools have to you know, share twenty and a half million with their student athletes. However, there's still space for the NIL or collectives to operate and so state by state that can vary drastically. And what they're trying to do is create a level play field and not so much less so there's a salary cap per se, but at least the rules are even, you know, going across the country, as opposed to some states where if you are an in state college and you have kids who can earn money in NIL in high school, those kids should never ever leave that state. If you have any alumni boosters who are able to then you know, help these kids at an NIL level in high school, this should probably pave the way for them to go to that same school in the same state. So you could see how that example could create a major advantage.
Speaker 6: In one state versus the others.
Speaker 7: The others the anti trust protections, so obviously they want to protect a lot of the college leaders right now from anti trust law to ensure like the long term scholarship availability and opportunities are there for the student athletes. Like that's kind of getting forgotten in the wayside is everyone wants to talk about the money, and yes, scholarships equate two dollar signs. However, we want to make sure that that that's always protected and that doesn't go away because a lot of these schools now with the money that they're sharing in some cases there those are going to scholarships, which which is great. Right kids are able to go play sports, get a free education, and leave school with a degree and not be any debt.
Speaker 4: That's awesome.
Speaker 7: They're still trying to figure out the financial component to it. If you have a kid, for example, who's going to school and making a bunch of money off nil, they still want there to be some sort of component that ties them to having to get their education. And I think it's a good thing, you know, I think we're getting away from what college sports is supposed to be and that's development, not only as an athlete but as a person. And you know, sports are short lived for most so after that you've got to have a plan. You don't want to have there to be a bunch of pitfalls. And then last thing, probably more than anything, else, uh is the athlete excuse me, athlete employment status, how that would potentially work with like the National Labor Relations Board.
Speaker 6: There's been a lot of.
Speaker 7: Talk about them potentially unionizing and how that's gonna work since they're essentially employees.
Speaker 4: So that's one thing.
Speaker 7: And then the agent regulation, like the agents in this and again, LeVar, you could speak to this firsthand.
Speaker 6: It's a nasty world. It's a nasty business with cities.
Speaker 5: Agents horrible at the college level, and at they are signing high school kids. They're signing high school kids. They're representing high school kids. Now, so you're now talking about the whole air quotes agency business, the manager air quotes, the managing business. Everybody's starting up a practice, every everybody. If you got a couple dollars the rub together, you got a bag you could deliver.
Speaker 4: All you gotta do is get one. You only gotta land one time you land.
Speaker 5: If you land, you what Drew Rosenhaus landed Michael Irving, it triggered the growth.
Speaker 4: You know, you get a Michael I believe so. I believe that's how I believe.
Speaker 5: So I could be wrong, but but that might have been his first big client I'm just saying, if you can get a guy that's going to be a potential first round draft pick, or you get a guy you're you're representing in high school and he ends up becoming.
Speaker 4: A high profile athlete, you've you've basically.
Speaker 5: In essence, given yourself a chance to have a successful startup. It's it's crazy because for that to be maybe the sun shining on a dog's ass one time in its life. Think about all of the families that are are going to be impacted and affected by the decisions of these agents, air quotes, agencies, these manager there are going. I said this when NIL came about, and I don't know if y'all remember this, I said that the NIL is going it's going to be almost as bad as a drug epidemic. It's going to tear families and communities apart. It's going to tear the sports community, and it's going to tear sports families apart. I said that when when NIL just got going, and I stand on that. I stand on that it is literally going to destroy families. Money and sports has always been a great determining factor in families, dynamics relationships. Now you add money where it's not illegal. You add money where people can come from all over the different places and offer a gain. They can offer opportunity to these families and knowing the dire need that these families have, how bad off some of these families really are, you are you are in essence, basically, you are ruining. This is permission to ruin families because you're gonna choose the money over your kid. You're gonna choose the money over your family. You're gonna choose the money and the opportunities over everything else. So it's it's it's crazy to me that that there isn't more of a real approach to making sure that this is as regulated as it can possibly be because it's so open, it's so out of control, it's so not governed that all it takes is the highest bidder, and you can ruin a family. Highest bidder ruins the family because we're gonna come take your We're gonna come take your athlete, We're gonna come take your son. It should be your son. But it's it's a commodity. It's now or an asset, and that's it's a it's a sad commentary.
Speaker 7: So what they're trying to do is to create you know, more of a vetting process so it can be legitimized. And and again in doing that, a union would probably help. Now we're seeing the bad of the NFLPA union and how unions sometimes can make mistakes and not you know, operate in the best way for their union members or employees. But in this case, it's necessary to create some frameworks. I mean, there's just it's too much, it's too wide open, it's you know, it's kind of drastic how it changes from from place to place. And the NCAA now has no control. So this is why there's kind of a call for some sort of federal national action to take place. And an executor is going to be faster than what we're going to find from Congress. As we know, things in Congress tend to take a while. So that's that's what they're trying to what attempting to do. You know, will be challenged in court. I'm sure, I'm sure someone will have an issue with it. Someone will challenge something. Someone will you know, create a you know, file a lawsuit, and you know that it's still won't be solved, but at least it'll get us hopefully a little bit closer.
Speaker 6: Uh to the end the end game?
Speaker 5: How and hopefully again, how wild does it get once you have to acknowledge it has to be stated that they are employees. Where does this go from from there? Because to me, it seems as though that is the last crack, that is when the water totally takes down the wall and the dam is totally broken. When they say this college athlete is an employee and who is he an employee to Q? Is he an employee? Is he independent contractor? Is he an employee to the football team? Is he an employee to the university? What is How does that work?
Speaker 7: I would assume it be the university. You know, he'd be a W two employee to the university, and they will create within that working agreement, you know, language that you know sets there the standards, and I would assume some of those standards or penalties they could face, would would involve them not you know, going through a certain amount of education, you know, no different than certain jobs kind of require that, right, you know, you've got a military baseline. Military's part of that. Yeah, there's there's there's a number of ways you can look at it, but that would be my best guess and and look again, I don't know what really will come from this. It could be just political posturing. We see that from time to time. I mean, remember that whole lawsuit that dude in Ohio had about not having noonkick.
Speaker 2: How's that going.
Speaker 6: Have you heard anything from that guy? Has that guy said it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, I just it.
Speaker 7: That's why you can't read too much into politicians. Now, maybe this is different because it's the president of the United States, and maybe he can get something done. But I don't know. We'll see where all of this goes. I'm hopeful, I'll put it that way.
Speaker 4: But I know this.
Speaker 7: If it drags on too long, football is gonna everyone's gonna forget about it until next five.
Speaker 4: That's true. That is true.
Speaker 3: So, by the way, we're a little over, like less than five weeks away from the first games in college football.
Speaker 5: It's like in the forties, right, It's in the forties of days. Yeah, man, I'm excited. Yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: White football's back. Better be excited.
Speaker 5: My son took his uh program pictures and like the videos that you do, Like when you thirty six days, what.
Speaker 4: Thirty six minutes? That's dope.
Speaker 5: So you know, the the videos when you liked get let everybody let's go. You know, you get hyped up. You know he did that for the first time. I'm kind of like, man, it got you know, I've been feel good. Yeah, yeah, man, my guy's got me feeling good.
Speaker 4: Man. So I'm excited to him play for Penn State. There it is. Yeah, it's pretty exciting. What up, man, man? What up? Man?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: By the way, you know what else is exciting. Pickleball's booming, and Tyroll is leading the charge in boom. Tyroll makes the first shoe built for just pickleball, with a rugged vibrum healthsul that outlast tennis shoes, more comfort, grip, and game Tyrol remember the name. Play Longer, move quicker, and look like a pro At tyrollpickleball dot Com.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: Here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you. Coming up next here, though, we're gonna tell you about how one team in the NFL could be real close to cleaning house completely. Find out why next here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Radio has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 4: Hey, it's me Rock Parker.
Speaker 9: Check out my weekly MLB podcast, Inside the Parker for twenty two minutes of pipe in hop baseball talk, featuring the biggest names of newsmakers in the sport.
Speaker 4: Whether you believe in analytics or the I.
Speaker 9: Test, We've got all the bases covered. New episodes drop every Thursday, So do your sofa favor and listen to Inside the Parker with Rob Parker on the iHeart Radio app or wherever you get your podcast.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show.
Speaker 3: Here on Fox Sports Radio, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn, Jonas Knox with you.
Speaker 2: We are going to.
Speaker 3: Have you are planning on that huh wait a second, I'm just noticing something on our zoom.
Speaker 2: Liquor storely.
Speaker 4: That is ridiculous. Now he's eating? Is that little Caesars pizza?
Speaker 5: I got that part? Is that leftovers? Did you just order that leftovers? I found it in the back, found it in the back, So that raina left up here. Okay, all right, okay, that's it. He wanted to say his work wife left it here, but you didn't want to do that.
Speaker 6: So okay, okay, I got to keep with the theme, all right.
Speaker 3: So coming up here in a little over twenty minutes from now, we are going to try and debut something here on the network. That'll be yours here on FSR. Right now, though, we are going to turn back over to a man who's going to try and figure out some of the chaos and madness in the NFL. Back for a second time this week, two days in a row. So nice, we did it twice. Albert Breer, Senior NFL reporter, lead content strategist at the MMQB, Amazon NFL on Prime Insider. Get him on x at Albert Breer, Abe, it's been forever.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 8: Yeah? I figured you guys just wanted me to follow up in the cold play situation.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, yeah, Actually, do you have any thoughts on that? I mean, was it the reaction that got them caught?
Speaker 8: Oh? Yeah, No, I mean I think there's no question they had just stood there. Why would anybody post that, right? You know what I mean? I guess there's an outside chance to get caught that way, and that like maybe one of the wife's friends is in the crowd or something, right, Like, I guess that's possible, but there's no way like anybody would think to post that video if they just stood there, or even if they just like waved the camera instead and like let go of each other. So cover up from the crime, right, Abe?
Speaker 3: You you've been to Julette Stadium many times before, correct?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 3: All right, So I blame the lighting that that guy thought it was his wife, Like is that?
Speaker 4: How are you going with that?
Speaker 8: Or you think they need some stadium? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think I think I.
Speaker 2: Gotta figure that thing out and get that sorted through.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I mean I couldn't get the best of anybody.
Speaker 5: I guess you did use cover up though, and we know that that's why you're coming on to the show.
Speaker 4: Him.
Speaker 3: Uh, I am curious what sort of house cleaning are we going to get with this team in the NFL called the NFLPA, What sort of a how's this going to look now?
Speaker 4: Based based on the now resigning.
Speaker 8: Well, it doesn't look great for sure. And you know, I think a huge part of this now is going to come down to the players getting people in the big and trust and you know, after everything that's happened over the last you know, three weeks, the revelation things that have happened over the last year or so, over the last three weeks, I think be really easy for any player to be distrustful of the way the union's working. And I think, you know, you go back and you look like a couple of things, of course, like the the fact that you know, like the NFLPA Andre D. Smith like viewed exposing collusion is sort of the holy grail. And you know, even though they didn't win that case, you know, the chance to expose you know, real evidence of collusions. And then you know, helping the NFL cover it up never made any sense, you know. And then and then you know Lloyd Howell's involvement in the private equity firm that was one of the small circle of firms that were approved to buy into NFL teams, you know, put them extensively in business with the NFL. You know. So I mean, look like, I know a lot of people don't care about conflict of interest and that sort of thing, but you know, the players have to walk a very very fine line to get what they want. It's I think that the NFLPA has challenges that the other sports unions don't have. I think it's more difficult for the NFL p A to get what they want because of the number of people that are serving, because of you know, because the number of players that are a non guaranteed contrast, because of the lack of time that the bulk of the league spends playing professional football. There are a ton of challenges that go into it. So they've got a big old mess in their hands now, and you know, I would it wouldn't surprise me to see somebody like John Davis, next player in the in the leadership role for now and then they figure out what they're doing going forward.
Speaker 7: One thing that I always think think of in these circumstances is, I mean, what so And I've said this earlier when we were talking about the subject, like a week ago. The PA has always assumed that the ownership, the owners were colluding.
Speaker 4: Yep, and then you're you're.
Speaker 6: Basically through all of this have proven that that's the case.
Speaker 4: Yep, what's the what's the recourse?
Speaker 7: I mean, at the end of the day, there's thirty one majority owners, there's Green Bay, which is a unique ownership group, and the players are the players, and so like, what could they do exposing that? That then forces the NFL to change and not collude moving forward.
Speaker 8: Well, I mean Brady puts the league's anti trust exemption at you know, in peril, which is you know really, I mean, it's that's the next extential thing for for the NFL. You know. Yeah, this is sort of the difference between like, you know, the sports over here and say soccer in Europe. You know that they don't deal with this because they aren't operating monopolies. They are different leagues over there. The player doesn't like the working conditions in one league, whether that's money, you know, the environment, whatever it is, like being a pull up stakes and negotiate to to go play in another league. You know, that's not the way it works in North American sports. And so you know, to be an operating monopoly, for the government to allow you to be in the operating monopoly, you have to you have to you know, you have to to to you know, achieve certain conditions within your working environment. And one of them is that you know, the teams aren't working together to suppress you know, working conditions, and so you know, I it's it's something that the NFL PA, you know, obviously, you know, could could look at and say you know, we think that the NFL is anti trust exemption should be you know, it should be should be looked at, and you know what that would give them levers to do I don't know, you know, and and and and there's some stuff from a legal perspective is probably a little bit over my head, you know, but you know, like I mean, if you want to go back to the history of it, and you want to go, you know, to the sixties, like Paul Pete Roselle, you know, getting the anti trust exemption in the first place is sort of what set the stage for the NFL to become the big television product has become and allowed them to do business the way they've done it for you know now you know sixty years over sixty years. So you know, the the idea that that could be, that that could be in any sort of trouble, would give the NFL PA, you know, a tremendous amount of leverage over the NFL.
Speaker 5: Aybe what what are the chances, Like I'm just I'm thinking of this through what my lens would be if I hurt this, if I was a part of this and I was playing I'm asking my legal team, my representation do I have a legal case against the union, because I feel like if you expose like you had, like you said, Holy Grail, is exposing that there was collusion. You've exposed that they do not want to give more guarantee money, that directly impacts me potentially, you know, personally, dude.
Speaker 4: Is there a case here for players?
Speaker 5: I would assume certain players are looking at this like, if that's what the PA is doing and that's what they're agreeing upon, I've been let down and that has potentially costed me x amount of potential dollars that I can make in the future.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's a fair argument. You know, I don't know what the again, like I don't know if the legal recourse would be there, whether it be a class action hosted or something like that. It's obviously it's obviously a horrible look, you know, And I think, you know, one of the things that's come up, you know, and this is the obvious question is like, well, why why would the NFL PA cooperate here? And I've heard a couple of different things on that. There's the tell's ability to pursue legal fees because they didn't win the case, so you know, if they could come after I think it was twelve million dollars in legal fees, you know, you know then and and and and the nfl P can't afford to pay that. Could they go to the nfl P A and say, well, you know, if you, if you, if you, if you uh, if you waive those legal fees, if you wave your right to pursue those legal fees, then then then then we'll keep it quiet too. That could be one. There was the individual case with J. C. Treader, which in a poblatory reported on you know, which you know it was stemed back to some of the things that Trader was found responsible for, and and and and talking about running backs and the players of other positions too, holding in and taking injuries to to try to gain contract leverage. You know that, you know, keeping that one quiet and exchange with keeping the other one quiet to be part of it too. But in each of these case, you know, as I lay those out, like, that's not helping the individual players. So if you're making a deal either to benefit one person or to benefit the union itself rather than the twenty five hundred players, well then that's a problem. So again, like LeVar, I'm not sure exactly what the recourse would be, whether it be a class action looster or something. But you would think that a lot of players would be upset about it and might let's take action.
Speaker 3: Get him on ex at Albert Breer, Senior NFL reporter, Lead content strategist at the MMQB. You also see him on Amazon, NFL on primes coverage. Albert Brier joining us here on the Dan Patrick Show, Two Pros and a Cup of Joe filling in for Dan and the guys.
Speaker 2: Ab TJ. Watt gets the deal done.
Speaker 4: We know the numbers.
Speaker 3: It's three years, one hundred and twenty three million annually. He's a million more than Miles Garrett. All right, so now we know that you've got MICHAEH. Parsons, Trey Hendrickson, potentially Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 2: Best guess in order, how do these get done?
Speaker 8: Mike get Trey Aiden? Maybe you know, Aiden doesn't Aid doesn't have to, He doesn't have to rush into anything. Now he's coming back off the broken leg. You know, so sometimes for a player psychologically, that could you know, make him like have the mindset like I just I just want to get mine, So you know, maybe that'd be a little bit of a motivator for him, you know. But I would think that because you know, Aiden's under contract for another two years, I mean, he is coming back off the injury, it might behoove him to wait to see what happens with Micah and Trey. My guess would be Micah goes first, Trey goes second, and Aiden goes third. To me, like the least predictable one is Trey. I think Micah and Aiden definitely get done. Trey because this is stretched over three off seasons, because he's older than the other two, because the Bengals have the history that they have, because the you're actually handled as far as the way that the contracts were set up t Higgins and Jamar Chase and in totally different ways more Chases deal was structured a little bit like more like Joe Burrows, where Higgins was a little bit more like the Bengals have always done deals, you know. And the fact that this guy is not going to be willing to take A'm not going to be as willing to take a hometown discount because this has lasted over three offseasons, I think it's enormously complicated, and so I would I would guess like maybe there's a push to get Aiden Hutchinson done here at the start of campus that doesn't work, which maybe it won't, then then then you do it right before the season, whereas you know, obviously with Micah and Trey, there's a little bit more urgency to get something done.
Speaker 4: Albert, I'm gonna give you credit, man.
Speaker 6: You called it.
Speaker 7: You said exactly how this second round was going to play out. You said, there'll be some guys at the top end that will get those guaranteed deals. There'll be guys after Alfred Collins, other players who will kind of cross over and not get.
Speaker 4: The full guaranteed deals.
Speaker 7: Uh, tell me where you you expected to be the biggest issue? Is it forty with Taylor Shuck? Is that who you said the other day?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I think that that's that's a big one. You know. I think you know, because he's a quarterback, and quarterbacks is generally handled a little differently, and so you know, if if you're if you're Luther Burton at thirty nine or Travan Henderson at thirty eight or Jonas Ivaina at thirty seven, Like I think part of you know, the equation in your head is well, there's a quarterback right behind me. And if he's able because of the position that he plays, to get one hundred percent of his deal fully guaranteed, well, then eye out of weight and and and and see what that happens before I do anything, you know, So you know, obviously the first three guys now are signed. In the first three guys. Yeah, in the background, I know, I know, I know, the Judgkins thing is is complicated by the legal case. So I mean to me, it's you know, it's shuck and then and and shuck and Johdkinson because Jakins is held up. I think just I think shuck kind of nine.
Speaker 5: Heyb can I revisit the the Michael Parsons and and all these contracts because uh, I clearly hit a glitch with with Q yesterday. Uh and talking about him waiting for or versus it coming to him.
Speaker 6: He's not waiting, he's looking for it.
Speaker 4: He definitely not looking.
Speaker 6: He's not he's not what, I don't know what he's doing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well we we definitely had a good time with the whole idea of waiting versus expecting and you know, whatever it may be. But I'm curious is it. Is it reasonable to think that Micah's deal gets done pretty soon now that TJ watch is done based upon what that looks like.
Speaker 4: If Jerry Jones does the.
Speaker 5: Deal with Micah and then the Steelers come out and do a bigger deal with t what.
Speaker 8: It should simplify it. And I'm with you on that. Like, but we've seen the Cowboys over the last few years and what they went through with Ceedee Lamb and Dak Prescott going to the wire last year, and Zach Martin had hold that I believe a couple of years ago that went deep into August. If you want to go further back, there was a there was one with Zeke Elliott, you know. So I mean Cowboys, for one reason or another, have let these things drag out a little bit. But I mean, I think the landscape is set now, you know. I mean, I I think it's pretty clear based on what TJ. Watt got and what Miles Garrett got where you're going to have to go to get something done with him, and you know, like to his credit, like Michael Parsons, you know, willingness to wait on this and willingness to to to see how a couple of these others play out only helped his cause that The hard thing to wrap your head around is kind of how the Cowboys have operated here, because I do think, you know, they they paid a price for waiting on deck. They do think they paid a price for waiting on CD, And I think there's a lesson to be learned here, one that the Eagles, like I think, have really kind of benefited from and doing their deals early. You know, the Cowboys like waiting on almost every case has cost them money. So I really like I know that, you know, like that that Michael wasn't gonna you know, Mike Michael wasn't gonna do anything that wasn't going to be the top of the market. At the same time, you know, the top of the market has moved quite a bit over over the period of time the Cowboys have waited.
Speaker 3: To do this, Albert before I let you go with a training camp right around the corner. If you had to rank top three storylines you're most sick of talking about this offseason?
Speaker 8: What would they be? Can put me on the spot? Whoof what am I sick of talking about? Well, the Mica thing is up there, because I just it's just honestly, and I'm not this maybe it gets you, LeVar, but like it's just like it feels like we're replaying where we were with Ceedee Lamb and Dak Prescott last summer.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not fair to take that out.
Speaker 8: I'm just I just like the Cowboys keep putting themselves in these situations and it's not easy to explain, you know what I mean? Like so so so that'd be one I don't know.
Speaker 2: As Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 8: I would have Aaron Rodgers would have been the top of the list until like a month ago. But now I think it becomes more interesting because now it's like what it's going to look like on the field, and I don't think like there's any of that weird back and forth anymore. I don't know. I'm I'm ready to roll, Like I'm ready to just kind of get this started and have some things that actually matter start to happen, you know what I because I you know, I always give these questions this time of year. It's like who's your surprise team?
Speaker 4: And else going on, people asking.
Speaker 8: Like people asking like June, and it's like by then everything has been covered six ways from Sunday. So nothing's a surprising anymore. It's like I could say the Raiders and looks they go, oh, that's not really a surprise team. Okay, well who is then? You know? So so anyway, it's it'll be good to have ask.
Speaker 4: Someone would say the Raiders aren't a surprise team.
Speaker 8: Maybe no, I mean, I know, I know I'm saying they would be. But I for example of how everything's covered, Yeah, everybody's already covered this stuff.
Speaker 3: Well, well listen, he's ready for training camp. He's tired of the BS and you can get him on x at. Albert Breer, Senior NFL reporter, lead content strategist at the MMQB, also Amazon, NFL on Prime Insider. AB Appreciate it, man, thanksure doing it another day here with us this week, and we'll talk to you again next Thursday.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks guys.
Speaker 3: There he is the great Alber Breer with us here on Fox Sports Radio. It is the Dan Patrick Show here on FSR. Two Pros and a Cup of Joe filling in for Dan and the guys, LeVar Arrington, Brady Quinn Jonas knocks with you. Coming up next here, though, we're going to try something out first time. First time for everything. We will try it out with you as our audience right here on FSR.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: It is the Dan Patrick Show here on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 6: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: Two pros and a cup of Joe filling in for.
Speaker 3: Dan and the guys. LeVar, Arrington, Brady twin Jonas knocks with you. What is this coming off top of next hours a little over twelve minutes from now, we are going to tell you about somebody who's all of a sudden feeling more optimistic about their team's fate in the NFL this upcoming season. That'll be yours here on FSR. We do want to remind you can stream this show in all of our Fox Sports Radio shows live twenty four to seven and the new and improved iHeartRadio app. Just search Fox Sports Radio and the app the stream is live. One of the newest features in the app is that you can select Fox Sports Radio is one of your presets, just like the presets on a radio dial, So be sure to preset Fox Sports Radio in the iHeartRadio app and it will.
Speaker 2: Always pop up at the top of your screen. So, Brady, what got you on?
Speaker 6: Before we get to that?
Speaker 7: Before we get to that, there's a lot of conversations going online the scenes Jonas that you apparently are not a part of. So I'm trying to bring you up on speed on things, because sometimes when you do something so great, you can't help but have a bit of a release.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying? WHOA Have you guys ever experienced something like that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I need more context?
Speaker 7: Well, Lee, if you could, could you give us a little more context right now?
Speaker 6: What's happening out the open?
Speaker 2: I have a little bit of a Scottie Scheffler for you. Take a listen to how great this this swing lands done?
Speaker 1: Wind you can get onto the screen the Sheffler.
Speaker 5: Oh, of course, didn't replay it too here.
Speaker 3: Think it's as expelled.
Speaker 4: Let's stick to the golf. Just a little bit of wind from behind just helped to ease down the green.
Speaker 2: We talk about these broadcasts, just a little bit of winds.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's well played.
Speaker 5: I mean, clearly there's some straining that takes place when you swing the club.
Speaker 7: I guess, right, play golf LeVar, you know, I mean, and especially if you're in front of the crowd.
Speaker 6: There's money on the line, you know, a big tournament.
Speaker 7: Like this, a major, there's pressure involved, there's some nerves involved. So after you get a decent shot, that might be a little something that squeaks out there.
Speaker 4: The way I've never heard anything.
Speaker 7: Did you ever hit a guy before and like pass gas as you were hitting him?
Speaker 5: You know, I can't honestly think of any time that I've ever even if it may have happened, I can't even think of any time that I would have even paid attention to it.
Speaker 2: What if you, like, hit a guy and you caused him to pass gas?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't. I don't know. It's like snop bubbles in the progress.
Speaker 5: It's just something I never stopped to think about until this moment, Right, And that's pretty funny, Like that's a funny. That's a funny.
Speaker 4: Time to me.
Speaker 2: Where is the mic on him located? Because I mean.
Speaker 7: Boom mics are I don't think it's a boom mic. I don't think they actually have a mic on it.
Speaker 3: So it's even louder like the fact that a boom mic caught that bro.
Speaker 5: You could be you could be down the hallway and if they're pointing a boom mic at you, and it's not like you're right next.
Speaker 6: Doing one more time. We're here one more time.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, don't win.
Speaker 1: You can get onto this green the settler.
Speaker 4: It's the lay that gets me. Though.
Speaker 7: To me, it's the it's the length, because that's not one that you like squeak out and try to like hold back.
Speaker 4: He pushed it, he hit it.
Speaker 6: He was just like, no, he let it happen.
Speaker 4: He came and went. He was like, all right, that happened.
Speaker 3: By the way, how about the discipline of him to know that that was there and to still swing the club, focus on the shot, and then afterwards all right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: He definitely was in his follow through, the finish of his follow through when it came out.
Speaker 7: Is he the most like lovable golfer? I mean, the guy's been arrested. The guy is the best player in the world. He just cuts it loose whenever he feels it's necessary, I think. And he's like a true family man. The last last tournament major he won, he was holding his son, who had had a blowout up the back of his outfit with crap alt the back.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he the one who set the Master's menu for like just barbecue sliders and stuff too?
Speaker 4: He went all Texas with his Master's Coursemanning. He's very Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think he recently said that, like even though like as great as he is and he's putting on like a historic run, he's just kind of yeah, is this it?
Speaker 5: He's definitely Lee's hero now. I mean, he's got to be number one on your list now, Lee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I farted during a cough during the show yesterday.
Speaker 4: O don'tkay, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I don't know that radio really compares to playing a sport and farted. I mean, Lee, you fart all the time in studio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this was Yeah, but usually I intend to.
Speaker 2: This one was a came with the cough.
Speaker 4: Surprise.
Speaker 7: I'm sure it's not the first time. Back to what you said, though, Jonas, he did have a comments in regards to when you get on top of the mountain, it doesn't last as long as people think, like you work your entire life for this moment and then you get there and you're like, this is it? Well, what's next? What's what's for dinner?
Speaker 4: Tonight.
Speaker 7: You know, it's like he's like, I think that's the thing that he was kind of talking through.
Speaker 6: And I think he's been the number one player in the world.
Speaker 7: For so long and he's he he's at a point where like I feel like when he wants to turn it on and play his best, he can beat anyone. Maybe maybe ever if I can go that far and saying that, but it is to hear him say that to like a bunch of people who wish they're in his shoes, for him to basically look back at them and say, yeah, it's not as fulfilling as you think.
Speaker 3: Ro Aaron Rodgers just said the same thing. Kevin Durant said the same thing. Like they kind of looked around and said, is this it? Like it's kind of interesting because it does a lot of exists.
Speaker 7: There's a lot of CEOs, you know, who build up their company, they sell it, they make a bunch of money, and they're like, hey, this is what everyone's told me is the dream, and I'm here and it doesn't feel the way I thought it would.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean they call it my name second, and it was just like let's go, Like it wasn't like I thought in my mind and my dreams, I was going to be, you know, crying and falling out and my mom would be wiping my face and all that. It was just kind of like, yeah, it was just normal.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 5: It's like all right, like let's go get on stage, like, let's all right. I expect it more, though, didn't you know? I had to wait a little bit longer. So so did you cry after? But you were crying based upon waiting longer?
Speaker 6: Not, No, I was it was more of like just a whirlwind.
Speaker 7: It was in shock because of how fast things changed in about a minute.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 5: Anyways, everybody out there, go ahead, make sure you have some flagulence with what it is that you do in your accomplishment.
Speaker 4: That's that's what I would advise, you know
Speaker 2: Not your coworkers though, please not coworkers.