Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is Mick Shots streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys at now. Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And here we are inside the s w b C podcast studio on a beautiful Wednesday, here at the Star in Frisco, the headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys, And this is mix Shots and Mickey's having good problems.
Speaker 5: We're good.
Speaker 4: And uh, Mickey of course the man who wrote the book on this rivalry, Dallas versus Washington, and Commander's Week is officially underway bicking. So move your microphone a little bit closer to your mouth.
Speaker 2: I mean the MIC's not even closed, right, just turned it out. What do you have of my.
Speaker 5: Saying about cowboys and Indians doesn't go over?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: No, that was yeah, that's not that was.
Speaker 5: That was pretty good twenty six years ago.
Speaker 4: Okay, we're going to move forward twenty six years And Savannah, how are you doing on this beautiful Wednesday at noon?
Speaker 6: I'm great, except for the fact that last night both Mickey and I were at the Dallas Stars game and waited until the very end to see if the Stars would come back, and they didn't get the job done.
Speaker 7: So I think Nickey and I are a little tired today.
Speaker 4: Oh so it was not a victory.
Speaker 5: No, they scored a eleven seconds.
Speaker 4: Into the game.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, did.
Speaker 5: Not score again until there was Who were they playing last night? Montrealreal Canadians.
Speaker 6: They're all right, They're not great.
Speaker 5: They're like five hundred.
Speaker 7: They're not as good as the Stars. So it should have.
Speaker 4: Been Yeah, but what have you done for us lately? Well the NHL, or what have you done for us lately? League? Like the NFL.
Speaker 5: They waited till four minutes left when they pulled the goalie and had six on five for almost five minutes. They scored two goals and nearly tid it in the last seconds.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's move on to Everson. Maybe we can get off hockey talk.
Speaker 5: He's tired.
Speaker 2: No, No, I got.
Speaker 4: I got something for ever since. I got something for ever since. Maybe the same thing you got. No, No, how about Dad Gremblin women's basketball team? Who did we beat? You beat the College of the Biblical Studies.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, boy, here we go, and.
Speaker 4: It was it was a route of biblical proportion. Wow, one fifty nine to eighteen. Now you're getting we are really like we need where what's that school in Houston? You looked at up, looked at CBS. I thought about I thought it was our company women's basketball team at CBS. So it's the College of Biblical Study.
Speaker 2: Did you know about this, Chris? Did you Did you read about this?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: But I'm about to go. Oh man.
Speaker 4: Eighteen.
Speaker 8: My boy Larry Lundy sent this to me and he said, man, they should have just played the water Girls or something, just you know, come on, man.
Speaker 4: Don't you think they pressed the whole game?
Speaker 2: I mean did they have to? Yeah, I mean got one fifty.
Speaker 4: Nine, one eighteen.
Speaker 8: Hey, but it's like one basketball player said, you can. It's hard to score that many points. I don't care how so you air they must have.
Speaker 4: Been on their coach said we had scored that many points in practice.
Speaker 5: A lot of layups of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but how many layups can you get in one game?
Speaker 5: All fifty times.
Speaker 2: One fifty nine? Oh my goodness?
Speaker 5: Are they in the same conference as Colorado School.
Speaker 4: Of the I mean this is like college of Biblical Studies.
Speaker 8: Well, no, this is you know when you make a joke and you say, you know, they played the College of the Deaf and Blind or something, You know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Just that's that's what.
Speaker 5: The little wid looking like that.
Speaker 4: I did. I did look it up and the College of Biblical Studies did lose to Houston Tillots in one oh six to nineteen earlier this season.
Speaker 2: We must have been on. We must have been on. God. Man, that's crazy. That's been the coach played. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's our big news basketball last night, said said again. Their producer Supreme.
Speaker 9: Said, Baylor opened the Foster Pavilion last night.
Speaker 4: Oh that is a nice looking over.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I saw pictures of them.
Speaker 5: Man, wow, did they crescing? It would a win?
Speaker 9: We did.
Speaker 4: We played Cornell, which is the equivalent of the College.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's not the same. At least that's respectable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. Okay, So Mickey, We've got some news breaking year at the Star in Frisco this morning.
Speaker 5: Cowboys activating Semi Fijoko no Juniorko, sorry.
Speaker 4: Billyummy, junior for junior for Hoko on the defensive lineman, not the wide receiver.
Speaker 5: To the fifty three man roster. He was out. His twenty one day practice deal was up off the IR so they moved him to the roster. And Deuce Vaughan has an ankle injury and he's been moved to IR. So that's the one official, one one play, one official thing that he only played.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, that's.
Speaker 7: Why he was That's why he only played one maybe, Yeah.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 5: You forgot the Here I go off on a tangent. The backup quarterback you guys had in the mid early eighties that they wanted to keep and get them on I R. And in the preseason game they ran to play and told them to run towards the Cowboys sideline and that was towards their cameras and grabbed your hamstring before you go out of bounds, and so we can put you on I R and keep your rights. And he forgot to grab his handstring.
Speaker 2: Who told him to do that?
Speaker 5: The coaches, the Cowboys?
Speaker 2: The Cowboys wouldn't do something like that. Yeah, no, absolutely not. Yeah, come on, it was who was that Chad Hutchison?
Speaker 5: When you played what you got?
Speaker 8: You second, I'm touching them, by the way, you guys, I sent you got some stuff, man, there.
Speaker 7: Are some people that sent us stuff on good.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: We'll get to that eventually.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 4: Okay, remember that your hip, Well you got here.
Speaker 5: That's that'll that'll be.
Speaker 4: Savannah Dousa was in for eight snaps in the game in Detroit. So so what about this running back situation now? Because of course Rico Dawdle was inactive for that game because of an injury. What's going on with Rico?
Speaker 5: Mike said, he's better. Okay, so I think they plan on him and we got beats still, but he's out of elevations, so you would have to elevate him. You would have to create a spot off or you have to wait till the toll the playoffs, right, because I think you get extra elevations once you get to the playoffs.
Speaker 9: So how does this goofs.
Speaker 2: If he if he's out of moves, then they would have to expose him.
Speaker 5: They have to put him on the fifty three.
Speaker 2: Okay, I thought maybe no, no, he's all.
Speaker 4: Right, but then you would if you made a roster moob with him, then he would be exposed after if you take him off the fifty three with not putting him on.
Speaker 5: He's already been exposed.
Speaker 4: He's exposed right now. Yeah, I mean anything could sign him right now if they wanted.
Speaker 5: To, exactly, And nothing official yet on Leo Collins or Damian Wilson. No, all right, because they've got to make corresponding mon.
Speaker 4: So here's a question for you. All right, you've got, uh. One of the main reasons that obviously you're bringing in Lyle Collins for a try for a workout and then Damian Wilson, it's the depth situation on the offensive line and at linebacker. Is there a concern now with Deuce going on ir at the running back position where you have a depth issue there, especially since Rico has been nursing an injury here the last month or so.
Speaker 5: Well, you've got one open spot on the practice squad. You get sixteen, right, they're at fifteen, so they would have to make corresponding moves to let somebody go.
Speaker 4: There's like fifteen moves you could make there, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, although.
Speaker 4: As there are spots of the practice what I'm saying is going forward as yes, as we into the playoffs. Okay, how fortified are they at the running back position in order to in case you lost someone else injury.
Speaker 5: So there's a running back that's supposed to be out there, is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Somebody released, somebody's been reported that hasn't been released, but it is going to be released.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there have been reports there is a quarter they running back though, Yeah, with the James Delvin Cook, Okay, Tom Pelissero reported that right, he's on the outs.
Speaker 5: So the Jets, well, let me ask you this then, because this is what they'd have to decide. Would you put them on the fifty three or would you put them on the practice squad? Because if the Cowboys think that much of them thirty one, other teams might think something of them too.
Speaker 2: How when's the last time you played?
Speaker 5: I had it right?
Speaker 8: I mean that, because you know if you bring them in and playing right away, then you'll So he played all a little bit.
Speaker 5: He played. This has him having played December seventeenth against Miami. He had one carry for four yards against Houston. The week before seven carries for thirteen yards, and the week before that against Atlanta, nine carries for thirty five yards, and then one carry, two carries, four carries two to three, six, five, eight, four and a season high of thirteen in the season opener, so they didn't really use them.
Speaker 8: Well, that situation got kind of crazy from the beginning, right with the Jets. Yeah, hey, I went down and it affected everything.
Speaker 5: But you thought they would maybe run the ball a little bit more.
Speaker 2: Well they did.
Speaker 5: Brice Hall is that the guy's name, Breshall? So yeah, if anything else, he's got fresh legs and we'll see. But again, you know, somebody else might be more interested in putting him on their fifty three. And then you got to decide do you want to put him on the fifty three and pay some money. I'm guessing he's going to clear waivers.
Speaker 4: Okay, but that move has not been made yet, although the NFL network is reporting they have mutually agreed to part ways according.
Speaker 5: To Cook's agent, and then the other moves, like I said, they haven't officially done that yet, so there's some moving parts there. And as Mike McCarthy answered the questions uh in the press conference about both guys, he said, I'll address that tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So what position are you in terms of depth in the injury situation? What position group are you most concerned with right now on this Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Team that's easy.
Speaker 5: Go ahead.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm with.
Speaker 5: You, because you're while it seems like there's some optimism that Tyler Smith can play, say he can't, and then bass is probably your starter at left guard. But then what are you doing after that tuma?
Speaker 2: And wouldn't not making a whole bunch of moves to cover one one position?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That we did that last year. Yeah, didn't work.
Speaker 5: So I think the idea with Leo Collins is to have somebody that least knows what he's doing.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: I don't know if he can do it. I mean, you've got to remember. I know everybody's getting excited about it, but there's a reason why the Cowboys let him go Terrence Steele. I've played them and they're paying eight million dollars in dead money this year for that move.
Speaker 4: And would they be looking at Collins as a depth at tackle or guard?
Speaker 5: Well, he played the little guard before he got moved out to tackle. It's been a while.
Speaker 8: Well let's look at it like this from an optimistic standpoint. Just because he got beat out by Steele, Yeah, that still doesn't mean he's not good.
Speaker 2: He just got beat out by better player.
Speaker 5: He didn't play very well either in my.
Speaker 4: Opinion, well, I think he was having ongoing injury issues himself, and you know now he hadn't played all season, and so.
Speaker 5: Because he was coming off an ACL injury and.
Speaker 4: He's had hip issues earlier in his career.
Speaker 5: That's why he missed the twenty twenty season.
Speaker 4: So it's more I look at it, it's more of a Okay, fortify the position with someone who has done it before. You get him on the least on the practice squad or whatever, and you get him in and make see if he can be in shape to come in in an emergency if you need him in the playoffs.
Speaker 5: I mean, think about it this way. If you're looking for somebody, what's the alternative somebody that hasn't is still out there, that hasn't played all season long, that might still be a free agent. People don't cut even average offensive linemen everybody, so they're so valuable right now and they're scarce. The's not out there, so at least the guy knows where to go in the locker room to where he eats, and maybe he knows the plays a little bit too. So it's to me it doesn't hurt anything, especially if you're putting him on the practice squad, and you know, you can look at the practice squad, you know, keep picking on Buddy Johnson, But I didn't you pick on a lot of the people. Well, no, I just didn't know who else the linebackers.
Speaker 2: So little guy, you talk a lot of trails.
Speaker 6: So if we're talking about Buddy Johnson, and then if there was an the addition of Damian Wilson, what are your thoughts in comparison to the two.
Speaker 5: I mean, there's another guy on the practice squad named Durrell Johnson. He's a defensive end. Anybody know his work? The only other guy that I thought I knew was Tyron Billy Johnson.
Speaker 7: Who he's the wide receiver.
Speaker 4: Mike, would you like to know about Darrell Johnson?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: How the Liberty sixty three two hundred and fifty one pounds. He ran a four sixty nine with sixteen bench reps and a thirty six and a half vertical. That's what I know about him.
Speaker 2: This alignment.
Speaker 4: He's a are you talking about Darrell defensive end? He mentioned Drell Johnson. He's more of an edge Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, still good numbers, yeah, you know, and they still have Dakota Shepley as a guard on the on the practice squad. What about you know Adam Pankey? Go, he's four, he's in his fourth year from West Virginia.
Speaker 2: The hell of a life, just four years on the practice squad.
Speaker 5: And they've elevated Carl Davis the last two seasons, and I don't know that he did much to suggest he needs another elevation.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 5: McCarthy also said he thought Hankins would do a little something today, So that's encouraged. What are you smiling?
Speaker 4: I've got something about Adam Pankey, but I'm not gonna say it because anyway.
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna move on.
Speaker 4: Had to do it the newlywed GAMEE. But y'all figure that out and we'll be back with more mixed shots.
Speaker 2: And just to more, that was fast.
Speaker 11: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there.
Speaker 4: He escaped, flapped. He'll love for a pers down.
Speaker 11: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With Blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 4: Prescott's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 11: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 11: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 12: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the bun, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cool coola a journey to footopia. Burgers better with pepsi, That's what I like.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 10: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone? Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP fraud Watch Network alerts and texts. At AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's AARP dot org slash Beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 6: Shuts k Post Roofing and Waterproofing the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys guys. Yesterday, Everson was talking about Hutchinson. Yes, we were thinking about a couple of different people there, but bring to bring it all back. We had some responses on Twitter about that, and someone said, I don't care how much of a good player Hutchinson's is.
Speaker 7: Uh, this is an obvious attempt twice.
Speaker 6: At taking Dak out, And so they had also posted a couple of plays where Hutchinson's coming at Dak, taking him down by the hips at one point, and then also taking him down on another play at the shoulders and it was kind of a big drop back. So at what point do we talk about Dak's safety as far as some of these tackles go, or would you like to.
Speaker 4: Talk about Aiden Hutchinson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we drop tackle. Yeah, that's what it was.
Speaker 8: Clearly that I mean, that's big, But you know, Hutcherson's strong.
Speaker 2: He didn't have to do it the way he did it.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's what they were trying to eliminate.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, that's exactly what they're trying to eliminate because people are dragging him down and breaking a lot of ankles. Well, he was trying to I don't know about what he was trying to do because I don't want to talk about his intent, but.
Speaker 2: Clearly he was You could see that he was doing the.
Speaker 8: Drop style tackle, grabbing him up top and trying to drop down on it with all of his.
Speaker 5: Weight with his legs wrapped around up correct.
Speaker 2: And when you think about that, and then you look at the tripping.
Speaker 5: Call, that was outrageous.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, not just the fact they missed it, but the fact that he actually tried to kick his leg out there and then he got called for Yeah, yeah, but but his intent was to kick throw out there.
Speaker 2: And I don't know.
Speaker 8: I guess you could make a tackle by tripping somebody. You can't do that either, Yeah, okay, well that's that's.
Speaker 5: And that calls them a potential touchdown.
Speaker 2: By the way, and.
Speaker 8: When you start doing things like that, that's a pattern. That was three plays in one game. You know, to me, that's a pattern. And the guys I talked about how good he is, it's not necessary for him to do that. And I got so caught up in the plays that he made. I meant to bring that up yesterday because I saw it earlier. And when this guy, whoever he was, I wish I could remember who sent the post, but he was right. You know, the first time was bad, but the second time was worse.
Speaker 2: And so do they call it? Do they call it? I mean, yeah, do they call.
Speaker 5: That they're supposed to do? I thought, didn't they make that rule or they talked about making it?
Speaker 2: And has the coach do the coaches know anything about it?
Speaker 5: But the tripping part they know?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 8: But do the coaches know? Have the coaches really looked at those two sacks that he had?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm sure they now they haven't done anything on the hip drop tackle as far as the competition committee. And of course that was the Tony Hollared injury in the playoff exactly.
Speaker 8: And so the hip drop is different from the ankle drop or something. Whether we're talking about here, No, it's it's it's to me, it is, yeah, right, and it's and it's the hip drop of the tackler dropping his hip on top of them player and whether it's.
Speaker 2: Intentional and right.
Speaker 4: And so that's something that I'm sure the Competition Committee will be looking at in the off season.
Speaker 2: And I'm just surprised.
Speaker 8: After the game and know a lot of controversy in the game, I'm just surplised that wasn't even talked about. Uh just where the coaches saw it. I'm sure they see that. Just I'm sure Dak felt.
Speaker 5: It, just like the tripping penalty, right was bogus.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but the fact that he tried to trip someone, that's where they yah, you see what I'm saying that to me, that adds to what he was doing that game. And you can get a rip like that were up here, Uh, you know, seeing a guy like green Law, you know, we kind of look at him in that manner, and he's really been criticized a lot on how he plays sometimes, so you know, just because this guy is a good player, that doesn't mean he can't be criticized.
Speaker 4: In fact, in the it was Clarence Yee on Twitter who posted that that caught your attention, and he said, Everson, I don't care how much of a good player Hutchinson is. He's as dirty as Conrad Dobler.
Speaker 8: Now you got to look up Conrad Dobler. That is not a compliment at all. And it makes sense because you know.
Speaker 2: Why, that's our teams.
Speaker 8: That's how players get reps because of reputations like that, because of those plays. And I don't recall Michael Parsons when he gets to a quarterback doing something like that.
Speaker 2: You know, and I'm sure you know the way.
Speaker 8: He's been held four or five, six times a game, that he wants to do that when he gets to a quarterback, just out of frustration. But for Hutcherson to get away with that, like I said, I don't know if it's illegal or not. Bill, I don't know what the rule is on that, but it was clear that if Dak wasn't so strong, he would not have finished that game.
Speaker 5: It's sometimes amazing to me what they don't see, you know, It's like, well, you're looking right at it. That's why maybe it was somewhat of a miracle that they recognized that number sixty eight was ineligible when he caught the two point conversion, right, It's like, oh, no, he's not supposed to do that.
Speaker 8: If we play these guys again, I'm sure this is something that they will talk about. Oh I'm sure because it's the possibility that we will.
Speaker 5: Well just announce your guys eligible.
Speaker 2: No, I forget that crap I'm talking about. Oh you me?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the drop?
Speaker 2: The drop is I just think it's very dangerous.
Speaker 8: You're talking about a guy already has his ankle broken now, you know he always has his ankle broken, and then you're trying to do this, you know, that's that's doubler type.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 5: Well, I was told after the San Francisco game that if they have to play him again, watch out because the Cowboys accepted a bunch of crap from San Francisco that didn't get called, a lot of punches that nobody called, and it could be a an MMA fightat but you got to get there first.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Dak, Yes, I noticed a viewer or listener whatever on Twitter on x Cody Wins twenty five asked, does Dak deserve more MVP consideration? He has better stats than Lamar Jackson. Can't figure out why Lamar is such a heavy favorite.
Speaker 5: Well, number one, they don't lose.
Speaker 4: They went to San Francisco and blew out the Niners, and they blew out the Dolphins.
Speaker 5: And somehow we have starting to romanticize the running quarterback. Uh and a lot of his effectiveness obviously is running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know it's pretty amazing, right, and it was.
Speaker 5: Look at college football, the same thing with LSU quarterback Jaden Daniels wins the Heisman After I saw Michael Pennox play. He's the first pick in the draft.
Speaker 2: He's putting in some tight throws.
Speaker 8: Right, those guys very about those guys wide open?
Speaker 2: It was was throwing them over, were right? I mean the guys that was an amazing guy.
Speaker 5: But that's the same thing. You know, Daniels best thing he did was run the ball. Now, he did improve his throwing, but I'll be surprised if he's a top ten pick in the NFL.
Speaker 6: Did you guys see the postgame interview with Lamar Jackson after they beat Miami this last weekend.
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 7: It was actually pretty funny.
Speaker 6: He you win the game, They're doing the interview with Lamar and he is just stone cold, no smile, just serious.
Speaker 7: We came out here, we got the win. That's it, Like, that's done. And the reporter said to him after the game, can I.
Speaker 6: Get a smile before we before we get off camera, and he finally gave one smile. But I mean, the guys locked in. Lamar Jackson is locked in.
Speaker 8: I like his I like his game, and it's just a matter of what what you like. I mean, do you want that diversity and as far as being able to run the ball, or do you like what Dak is doing? Just from a simplistic standpoint, He's got this offense down period.
Speaker 2: You know, the moves that he's made are extremely.
Speaker 8: Instinctive, and that's when you're comfortable when you can be have.
Speaker 2: Instincts in play.
Speaker 8: I love the way that he only scrambles when he has to, and he scrambles to throw a lot more than Lamar does.
Speaker 2: One thing about Lamar, he didn't have a whole bunch of receivers that he can depend on either. But I must say this as well. He throws some good passes, but damn they were wide open. Everybody was wide open. I mean, why don't we get busted plays like that? You know, you got one, we had one, which was an amazing one. Those a big one.
Speaker 8: But if I look at the plays that they made, the rookie was wide open for Baltimore several times down the field, broken coverage. This guy fell down against CD. The coverage wasn't broken. This is broken coverage every time on Lamar and those guys, whether it's the red zone or out in the field, the guys were wide open.
Speaker 5: And you know, I don't know that anybody has a stat on this, but Dak's effectiveness when he scrambles to throw you just mentioned it. I think he has created passing lanes. He has created routes for or plays for the receivers to benefit from.
Speaker 8: Something he was really not comfortable with previous years.
Speaker 5: Early in the season, he was trying to be perfect. He wanted everything five step, drop right, hit it, and then for wasn't open. He was still trying. And now it's you know, he's moving around like like he saved the safety right and throws a ninety two yard touchdown.
Speaker 2: His improvisation is spot on.
Speaker 5: Later on, you know, the other thing is he's he's got eight interceptions, right. He had three in one game, so that means five interceptions in fifteen games. It's pretty darn good.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: Lamar Jackson has completed sixty seven percent of his passes for three thousand, six hundred and seventy eight yards, seven picks, and twenty four touchdowns. He has run for eight hundred and twenty one yards five point five five yard average per carry, and five more touchdowns. So that is a total of four thousand, four hundred ninety nine yards rushing and passing and a total of twenty nine touchdowns. And Dak is a thirty two touchdown passes, so you.
Speaker 2: Should have had about thirty five.
Speaker 8: When you look at the Philly game, you look at this past game, and of course you look at your boy Hunter's game.
Speaker 2: So Dak's Hunter's game. I don't remember a Hunter's game, don't you.
Speaker 4: That wasn't a Dak touchdown though. That was one hundred touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true, Yeah, that's true. That was one hundred.
Speaker 5: Still a hunter's game and Dak Dak has accumulated four thy, four hundred and seventy nine totally.
Speaker 4: So Lamar has twenty twenty more yards and but fewer touchdowns.
Speaker 5: That's right, Dak, and the same interceptions. What would you say seven and.
Speaker 2: Eight? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what happens with by the way, he is just oh he lost two games, so he's not as good anymore. The Cowboys lose to Buffalo, lose to Miami, and that just takes you right out of the MVP talking.
Speaker 4: And in the meantime, Lamar and the Ravens go to San Francisco and dominate the right and then they dominate the Dolphins too.
Speaker 5: So I think that answers whoever.
Speaker 8: I think he plays off his defense. I think our defense plays off a debt. That's the difference to me.
Speaker 5: And oh, by the way, very good.
Speaker 4: When we come back, Tyreek Hill was in that MVP conversation. How about a little comparison now between CD Lamb's numbers and Tyreek Hill's numbers. And we come back here on mix shots.
Speaker 5: Let me turn the page here.
Speaker 13: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 15: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks? A kickoff, tailgates, going waypass postgame Sunday Night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisket and the Smoker. Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three miliber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 10: Did you know that're responding to one spam call can lead to more? Or that the IRS would never ask for your Social Security number on the phone. Beat scammers at their own game by subscribing to AARP FraudWatch network alerts and texts at aarp dot org slash beat Scammers TX, you can sign up to receive information that helps you recognize and avoid the latest scams. That's aarp dot org slash beat Scammers TX.
Speaker 12: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like to mixed shots. We continue with mixed shots here and by the way, from the practice field, whether there are football players on a football field on the side, Tyler Smith working with Director of Rehabilitation Britt.
Speaker 2: Brown, and so Britt with.
Speaker 4: A complete tear of his planter fascia at his left foot, he is able to do the demanding rehab under the watchful eye of Britt Brown.
Speaker 5: So I mean, if you can work on those chords like that. That's a good step for what's today. I've lost track Wednesday, right, Yeah, so he's got three four more days?
Speaker 4: Yea time sary?
Speaker 5: Is that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That was a play on words there from Mickey step Okay, Ceedee Lamb versus Tyreek Hill. All Right, it's been about a month or so, probably since the Tyreek Hill bandwagon MVP bandwagon, maybe six weeks or and then, of course Tyreek got hurt in December, missed the game before the Cowboys game, and played the whole game against Miami. But you look at what CD has done here, especially over the last half of the season, and has eight straight games now with a touchdown and leads the league with one hundred and twenty two receptions. I was just comparing CD's numbers with MVP candidate Tyreek Hill's numbers. Tyreek Hill one hundred and twelve catches for seventeen hundred seventeen yards and twelve touchdowns. Okay, six carries, fifteen yards, no touchdowns. Ceedee Lamb leads the league with one hundred and twenty two receptions for sixteen hundred and fifty one yards and ten touchdowns, and he's carried the ball thirteen times for another one hundred six yards and two touchdowns, which gives CD a total of one hundred thirty five for seventeen hundred and fifty seven yards and twelve touchdowns. Tyreek has hasred eighteen touches for seventeen hundred thirty two yards in twelve touchdowns. So CD actually has twenty five more yards from scrimmage than Tyreek Hill does now and the same number.
Speaker 5: Of touchdowns, and that would make him number two in the NFL at this point, behind Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 4: Who is an MVP two ten.
Speaker 5: Thousand, twenty three yards from scrimmage now. The other distinction for Cede Lamb he's scored a touchdown in eight consecutive games, the longest streak in the NFL, and he's the only Cowboys receiver record a touchdown in eight straight games, and his third in the NFL receiver in the past ten years to do so, DeVante Adams in twenty twenty and Antonio Brown in twenty eighteen. So that's how quite a streak he has been on since the Did he get shut out in the San Francisco game or just kind of held tonmal?
Speaker 4: It was?
Speaker 2: It was ugly.
Speaker 5: Yes, four for forty nine, Yeah he had five targets. Well, that's changed.
Speaker 9: But if you remember Mack, I believe after that game, that's when he had the sit down conversation when McCarthy and everything changed.
Speaker 5: He kind of complained a little after the game in the true spirit of number eighty eight.
Speaker 8: And you know, not just that, but I remember I was criticizing him a lot because I don't think he was really playing up to that eighty eight. And I guess he felt that he just the reason he wasn't was because he wasn't getting enough targets. Yeah, and he went in, he balked for more, and he got more, and they feed him as much as he wants. I get a little paranoid about it because I love, I hate for us to just concentrate on one receiver so often, because you want a diverse attack. But in the past, we've always been criticized by the media and even former players that we need a go to guy to take you further into the playoffs. That's just the way it is. You need that go to guy. And here we are. You know, he's right where he wants to be, right where we wanted to be. And as we go into the Commanders, do you think they're going to consider his numbers in this game considering how weak the opponent is.
Speaker 2: That's something that look and that's including Dak as well.
Speaker 5: Think they have somebody that can cover him, because obviously in this last game, the Lions thought must have thought that they had somebody that can cover well.
Speaker 2: Dan told somebody that they could, and he lied to them.
Speaker 6: Known this season, he's able to break away from those defenders and get down.
Speaker 7: To where he's open.
Speaker 2: He's always open.
Speaker 6: And not only that, but he also when he catches the ball, he can break tackles. He does the spin move, he knows how to get down down the field further run after car.
Speaker 2: That's that's why he's our go to guy.
Speaker 8: And so once again because no one can cover him with the Commanders, because we expect, you know, this offensive blowout or at least a production offensively, Will that be a negative against the Cowboys because everyone is looking forward to the weak opponent.
Speaker 4: By the way, Producer Supreme, do we have a breaking news sounder? Breaking news from Washington. Ron Rivera has announced that the starting quarterback against the Dallas Cowboys will be Sam Howe.
Speaker 5: Of course it will stay my beating heart.
Speaker 4: It's breaking news. He just told reporters. Then he was supposed to announce that to do that. No, he was keeping us in suspense until today because Jakoby Brissett hurt. He was hurt. Yeah, and maybe I guess he still is hurt, but he was.
Speaker 5: His feelings are hurt.
Speaker 2: One of the two.
Speaker 7: Well, Sam Howe three hundred seventy or.
Speaker 6: Three hundred sorry, three thousand, seven hundred ninety three passing yards, twenty passing touchdowns this season and through two interceptions against the forty niner, I think he leads the league.
Speaker 4: And in this like around nineteen, I think out let me tell you here in the second.
Speaker 2: That's the number one. Is that right?
Speaker 6: Earlier when we played the Commanders, I remember bringing up the fact that Sam Howe likes to throw the ball.
Speaker 7: He's a passing quarterback. And I think at that time he.
Speaker 6: Was actually he was hot top three in the league as far as in yards, and.
Speaker 7: You know, we knew he was going to throw throw some of those interceptions. He's a passing quarterback.
Speaker 8: He was that guy with the two defensive linemen. Things got more desperate out.
Speaker 5: There he has one more touchdown pass than interceptions twenty to nineteen.
Speaker 4: He also supposed to be a two to one ratio. You know what in his first NFL start, Yes, he had the same number of touchdown passes as interceptions. He had one of each. And of course that was against the Dallas the Dallas Cowboys in final game of the season, final game of the season last year, which was a twenty six to six Washington win over a Cowboys team that was quarterbacked by Dak Prescott.
Speaker 5: In that game, now that there was nothing on the line in that game, right, because the Cowboys had already.
Speaker 2: Clink lost well we had lost to now.
Speaker 5: They had already they weren't they were going to be while they.
Speaker 4: Were going to be the five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought for some reason why the Titans game went up that was the previous game and we lost that one.
Speaker 4: With Joshua Dobbs at quarterback.
Speaker 9: I think we won the did we win it? And we won the Tennessee game and that's what locked up the fifth.
Speaker 5: Because everybody keeps bringing up the Washington game from last year that they lost it, But the twenty seven thirteen I don't think they had anything the game.
Speaker 8: I think We were just so disappointed because we wanted them to, you know, show some type of continuity.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 6: Coach McCarthy said earlier today in the press conference, expect the unexpected. He said that based on it's week eighteen and the Commanders, he's thinking Ron's been aggressive in the past, it wouldn't surprise me if they're going for it more on fourth.
Speaker 8: Down's going to coach like this his last game because it is his last game.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what's happened, just like that.
Speaker 4: The players are going to play their last game because for most of them it is their last game.
Speaker 8: Why plut the ball on the thirty five yard line and you got fourth and five.
Speaker 4: You know there's gonna be so many tackle Every tackle is going to be eligible this game.
Speaker 5: They're going to bring in two tackles eligible.
Speaker 9: U That's one thing I learned on this whole debacle of tackles. You're gonna only have one tackle eligible.
Speaker 5: You can't have to nope.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: Someone said it after the game. It was on ESPN. Whoever their expert, former NFL official was after the game on Saturday night. He said that, oh, you can have more than that, more than you have.
Speaker 9: To someone may want to say that to the Dan Campbell because in his press conference he goes, you can't have two people, And.
Speaker 4: That's why that's why they brought it up in the post game, because Dan Campbell said you can only have one, and then official said no, you can have multiple.
Speaker 2: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 14: But I don't know, so maybe I'll just lething and and even at that, do you think they didn't hear that the official announced seventy was eligible.
Speaker 4: I don't think they heard it.
Speaker 2: I don't even I think I heard a lot of noise down.
Speaker 4: What was the timing when when I was in the press box.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we didn't get that he was eligible?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, because I don't. We don't get the sound. It just comes over.
Speaker 4: Did you have a headset on? No, but the coaches all a lot of the coaches anyway have headsets on. And he's asking did the players players are in the huddle they're hearing the play call?
Speaker 5: Because I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: You're in a quiet press box.
Speaker 5: It's not that.
Speaker 4: Quiet, well, but you're in a fresh box.
Speaker 5: Her crowd and I could hear him.
Speaker 4: You can't hear the crowd like they could hear it.
Speaker 2: On the five yard line.
Speaker 4: Well, which is why the official couldn't hear sixty eight when he said he was eligible.
Speaker 2: That I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, if I'm the coach, I'm I'm calling time out. But they were out of time out right, I'm not sure what the time.
Speaker 9: I just needed to do what the football he used to do. Remember that, Mack, when you break the huddle if you had if you didn't have an eligible you have to raise your hand. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah that's and I'm the tight end.
Speaker 2: Just let everybody. But that does not yet. Coach Campbell does not want that, And.
Speaker 5: Don't put sixty eight and fifty eight out there together.
Speaker 4: You can't have similar numbers. Your tackles can't have similar numbers.
Speaker 2: That was definitely by design.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's no doubt. See, I think the Lions thought that it will get announced, sixty eight I'll get announced correctly. But we're lining up sixty eight and fifty eight on the end of the line and they're going to get confused. They're going to have to cover both of them because they didn't hear it. Somebody didn't hear it, right.
Speaker 5: Well, the official goes to the defense and tells.
Speaker 2: Him, right, and that's what he did.
Speaker 5: It's not just announced, but they.
Speaker 4: Have to be able to hear what that he says fifty eight or sixty eight? In wait, did he say.
Speaker 5: Sixty to the defense said seventy?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but if they if they.
Speaker 8: Said it, yeah, if he did it, and the only, like you said, he only says to the defense, so the offense probably wouldn't even hear what he said, right, he went to the defense.
Speaker 4: But so the only way off sixty eight not seventy. Meantime, the play clock is going down and so.
Speaker 8: At the same time, but that the referee said, there's no rush for a two point conversion, So he doesn't know why the referee was in such a harry back away and make the call.
Speaker 9: You just love to know, probably because there's three offensive linemens screaming at him.
Speaker 4: You'd love to know.
Speaker 5: What the conversation was because everybody's going to cover their own butt, right, he is covering the offensive line. You never saw the offensive lineman do this, right, never.
Speaker 2: So it was cute.
Speaker 5: It didn't work, So there's a reason they need to take which, by the way, there's a reason why the NFL sent out a letter to the teams telling him when you're bringing in an eligible tackle, make sure it's demonstrausive and make sure it's him and it just what it should be.
Speaker 2: I gotta say, guys, I think the player did his job.
Speaker 5: Well, he sure didn't sign after the game.
Speaker 4: Didn't do his job because it didn't get communicating.
Speaker 2: Why can't that be the reference fault?
Speaker 5: Well, if I told you sixty eight and then I go, well, no, I'm going to do seventy, both of them.
Speaker 7: It's the player and the reps, both of them.
Speaker 9: They just didn't send out a letter yesterday. They sent out the video of the whole situation. You see that make no, I just texted it to you.
Speaker 4: Micky Mickey, if you call in sick for work, okay, how do you communicate that?
Speaker 5: Well, I never call it.
Speaker 4: Well, let's.
Speaker 5: Work with me here, work with them, please, yea, I will tell somebody.
Speaker 4: You'll tell somebody, and will you wait to hear for a response from that someone to make sure that they got it the message? Yes, that's communication. Okay, See that's an example of communication.
Speaker 5: No, it's acknowledgement a message, right all right?
Speaker 4: That does it for a sinillating of mixed shots, and we might be back here tomorrow at noon as we take of further look at these Washington commanders.
Speaker 2: Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.