Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: So doctor Elena Gabore, let's go through the subjects as we started them. So let's talk about chronic pain and then we'll return back to the others because I made you put a pin in that one. So chronic pain, according to the doctors, is pain that persists for longer than six months and that you know, that could be two on a ten scale, it could be eight on a ten scale. But usually chronic pain is something that people start to treat with pharmaceuticals. I know I went through that. I gave that up. I don't use anything anymore, but that was a big thing. That was an easy fix, I think for doctors.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 2: And I still have the chronic pain, but I sort of learned to live with it a bit. How does hypnosis help with chronic pain?
Speaker 3: I could give you an example. I had a client, a lady who came to me with a chronic back pain that she experienced for more than five years, and in hypnosis, I decided to guide her through the sources of her pain. I never tell to my clients where to go in hypnosis. It's their subconscious and their superconscious self that know those details. I don't know if it's originated in this life in another life. I have no idea, So I just tell them go to the sources of your pain. And she started to describe a life in which she was a young gypsy girl carrying buckets of water, and I thought maybe that could be related to her back pain. But when she got close to her house, she saw her house on fire, and she started to cry because she realized her grandmother, who was her only relative, was in the house and could not help her. So after she saw that event and went through that emotional thing, she saw herself in a concentration camp. There were a lot of people there. She did not know anyone. She was starving, very weak, very sad, and at some point they had to go somewhere aligned and she dropped it. Literally. The amazing thing is after this session her thing completely disappeared. This is how amazing hypnosis can work. It had a connection with her in thing from that life, and the pain she experienced in this life was only a reminder a messenger saying, you have to uncover something about yourself. You have to understand something about yourself because when she left to that experience, that past life, as call it. Like that past life, she left with unresolved feelings. When you leave your life with unresolved feelings, with sadness, with anger, with frustration, with any negative feelings, you will start the next life on the same level of vibration. You cannot exit a life on a certain level of evolution and start another life on a different level of evolution. You have to continue it from where you started, and you create a life that will resuscitate those feelings you left with. And I talk to her. After a while, she did not have the pain anymore. It completely disappeared. And I see that in much practice with fears, with depression, with recital thoughts, with anxiety, I see it constantly.
Speaker 2: So that answer somewhat surprises me, not that there isn't that path. And I again, we can return to the idea of past life regression. But I would have thought the answer would have been more like about sort of using hypnosis to rewire or at least to reprogram our relationship, our mental relationship with physical pain.
Speaker 3: You could do that, but since you can also completely remove the source, why wouldn't you address the source of the problem you know, if you have that tool, why wouldn't you use it? And the client was ecstatic. Her orthopedic surgeon wanted to operate on her right, he wanted surgery on her, and her physician told her, do not do that, go and find the hypnotherapist. That's how she ended up as my session.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I totally believe that, by the way, In terms of that, you kind of want to try everything before you do something that drastic, especially when they're telling right, when they're telling you things like and I kind of when you go through the long list of what the side effects could be or the different ways of the surgery could go wrong, Yeah, you'd be crazy not to try every other possible thing, if nothing else, so that you could go into the surgery without focusing on what could have been if you had taken another path.
Speaker 3: All right, And does it really matter if those experiences were past lives or imagination. It really doesn't. For her, she is so happy that she was able to release that thing that was waking her up in the night and keeping her awake for hours. She had to stand up and walk through the house. She could not lay in the bed anymore.
Speaker 2: This sort of thing right, and when I had my chronic pain at its worst, that is what I experienced. It was very difficult to even at one point just to get out of bed. I had to There was a way I could do it, but it was awkward and so I hated that. But that passed, unfortunately. But at the same time, I also know that there are ongoing effects for certain pharmaceuticals which you know you'd rather not deal with. And I'm not an addictive person by nature, so I don't have the problems that other people do when it comes to opioids or other things. So I mean, I think I was kind of kind of dodged a bullet on that anyway. But when you think about people that end up being addicted to opioids, if they had only tried some other alternative therapies, they may never have been under those circumstances to begin with.
Speaker 3: Correct Correct, So it's worth trying. It lasts two hours and it costs around two hundred dollars. It's worth it, right.
Speaker 2: No, I accept that you said something interesting. I'm king on when you talked about it. What if it it could be an imaginary past life.
Speaker 3: I know what it is, but I know what people do leave. So even if some people are able to well, it's just my imagination. Does it really matter if it's lives or imagination or anything else, you know, does it really matter when you get rid of pain or whatever other symptom you may have.
Speaker 2: Well, wouldn't it is? It wouldn't it be unusual for somebody to imagine something really bad that most people when they imagine a past life, they imagine a good one.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: No, a lot of people what they access is not really pleasant, but it helps them release whatever they had. For example, in my last hypnotherapy training, I teach certification programs in hypnotherapy, path life regression, life between lives, medical hypnosis, you know. And I have lots of psychotherapists, medical doctors, psychiatrists, holistic health practitioners, dentists into my classes. And I actually got a psychotherapist in my class that had a horrible migraine. And you can imagine at the first practice we had with a script for task life regression. So a person that never has done that was guiding her and she released the migraine, and she had the migraine four years for decades, and the other person wasn't even a specialist. It was her first time using the script to guide her and she was able to release her migraines. Isn't that amazing?
Speaker 2: It is amazing and I accept, you know, especially after reading the literature. So I went through today and I was looking at the printed, peer reviewed medical literature about hypnosis in preparation for and there is so much support. Just I mean, how many anecdotes like that does it take before you end up being able to do some very interesting quantitative work for the number of people who come into their doctor and go out feeling better after they've seen a hypnotherapist and then gone back to the doctor and had that verified. And I'm not even saying that necessarily like a disc moved or an arm you know, the bones healed themselves or anything like that. I'm just saying that if they no longer felt pain, and whether that's psychological or physical pain, if they no longer had migraines to use your example, well then does it really matter they got there? You know, they're not missing work, They're not going to be lying in bed with the curtains drawn all day long that they're going to.
Speaker 3: Be Yeah, And I noticed that some of the clients tell to their doctors how they were able to overcome it. And some doctors have studied hypnosis, have heard about hypnosis and they really believe it and they say, wow, that's that's amazing. And others have not heard about hypnosis, have not heard about medical hypnosis, and they tried to explain them in other ways. Maybe it was what of a medication they.
Speaker 2: Pod for psycho.
Speaker 3: Exactly when you have the hypnosis session, you know, they try to justify in a different way. But I think once as a medical practitioner, you'll look into it, and you look at the literature and the results, you will start understanding that healing takes more than what we think in medical in the medical field, and the subconscious part of our being is very powerful and it could help us heal or balance or release what I was not good for us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I you know, I think this idea of not being good for us also speaks to the way that many people internationally are acculturated and that they are taught within the family to accept a career, to accept relationships, to accept things that don't bring them joy or drain them of energy, and then are surprised fifteen twenty years later when they find out they're dealing with depression, when they're dealing with, you know, these profound, life changing, chronic mental or emotional or psychological conditions that they can't get rid of because from the very beginning they were taught this is the direction you have to go in.
Speaker 3: Whether you like it or not, yes, exactly, it's hypnosis is extreme. You mentioned depression. It's extremely effective with depression and suicidal thoughts. The societal thoughts go away after the first session, and I've described in my book two cases like that, Mia and Professor Benn. My book is called Home at the Tree of Life. It's described the journey of healing of four of my hypnotherapy clients and the amazing discoveries they made about the journey of the soul and the nature of reality. And then I see it in my practice constantly. Also with the panic attacks, they disappear after the first session. We do indignosis. Of course, their depression or their anxiety doesn't disappear in one session, but in a few sessions they're able to feel much better or completely healed.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm so glad.
Speaker 3: Every medical professional should have training in hypnosis and all forms of hypnosis, not only suggestion diagnosis where you give suggestions to the subconscious mind to replace the negatively oriented, fear based, disempowering, illogical, irrational beliefs, but also training in regression therapy in all forms of regression, because that technique is extremely powerful. Those therapies are very powerful.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more