Speaker 1: So it was my birthday this last week. I am now forty five.
Speaker 2: You're a pup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I had a nice little gathering. I had friends from out of town come stay with me and then had some friends over at the house. It was amazing, but it made me think of, I don't know if I ever told you guys about the time when I turned twenty one? Have I ever told you.
Speaker 3: This birthday twenty first birthday story?
Speaker 1: So I had moved to New York, so you know, sort of changed my entire life postboy Mets World. So this is when I was twenty and I just spent my first semester at Columbia, and I moved to New York making all the wrong decisions. I decided to drive my car all the way across the country coey in a U haul trailer of all my furniture and life and stuff, right like in retrospect, like just go and figure it out, right, Yes, New York is a difficult city. Well, it's an impossible city to have a car in r It's also just a difficult city to like deal with stuff. So I ended up like bringing all my stuff and I rented an apartment. I rented a huge apartment because I was like, I'm coming from LA. I'm going to spend all the money and have like a because I had a loft in LA and I was like, I should have a loft in New York. Well guess what at that time, especially a loft in New York because I had been living in downtown LA where my loft was very cheap. So suddenly I was in like just spending so much money. I had this huge loft. I had no idea how to fill it, like I you know, just before that, I just like had furniture from my parents or whatever. And so suddenly I just had this giant space. And I was in my first semester. I was, you know, behind in everything, and I decided. I was like, I'm not doing anything for my birthday. I just wanted I know, twenty one is a big one. But I told my girlfriend. I was like, can we just like have a dinner. And I was so stressed out and She's like, yeah, okay, we'll have We'll just have you know, two of her old friends from college who we were now you know, they were living in New York. So I was like, yeah, let's just go. The four of us have like a fancy dinner. She's like, well, let's get dressed up. Let's let's put on like suits and you know, nice dresses and make it like a fancy night. And I was like, okay, fine. So then the day of the my actual birthday, I have a final paper due that Monday, and it's a Saturday, and I spend all day scrambling to write this giant, you know, research paper, and I'm so stressed out and like I actually kind of have a breakdown, and my girlfriend's like cleaning the apartment. I'm like, why are we cleaning the apartment? Like, you know, I just I just don't want to. I don't even want to go to dinner. I just want to, like I just want to stay up all night and finish this paper. And she's like, you know, she she's like, calms me down. She's like, you know what, like take a break, let's go to dinner. Let's let's at least just enjoy ourselves and have a good time. And then we go. We have a nice dinner, and the my girlfrid friend and her friend and this other woman that we were with was like, you know what, we got it, Let's go back to the apartment and change our shoes before we go get a drink after dinner, you know, my twenty one year old drink. And I'm like, oh, I'm like, do we have to go all the way back to the apartment. We're already out, and they're like, no, the shoes, we can't walk, and I'm like, O, get fine, And so the four of us get into the elevator and go up to my apartment.
Speaker 2: At door party, yep.
Speaker 1: And it was at my apartment, that's why she had been cleaning, right, And my first moment was like panic, right, like first, there are so many people, and then it ended up being the greatest night of my life because I like literally started crying and like just running around hugging, and everybody's dressed in suits. She had told them all to dress like it was a big fancy night, you know. So we were all like we fit right in and my apartment was just filled with people. And I was like, you know, I had moved to New York, I maybe you know, I didn't think I had that many friends yet. I was like, I don't know that ask.
Speaker 2: Because how did you know these people were already?
Speaker 1: That's the thing she had really done a great job of, like, you know, finding a network of people who you know.
Speaker 3: Some would someone tend to you?
Speaker 2: No, No, it was you know I.
Speaker 1: It was like I, because what happened is I moved to New York sort of following a couple people, Like I had a friend who had I had met in college out here who had already transferred to NYU and was already there. And then I had a friend who had gone through a divorce and moved to New York. And it was visiting the two of them actually when I decided to move to New York, and they of course had their like network of friends. And so within that first semester, I had already met a lot of people, and of course, you know at college, I had met some new people, and she managed to get everybody to come, and so it was like it was really my welcome to New York moment, like, oh, I actually do know a lot of people here. They actually will show up. And she had asked them each for whatever reason. On the invite. She had made an invite with like rubber ducky on like a rubber ducky on the cover, and she was like, bring your favorite rubber ducky, and so everybody brought duckies, like different themed rubber duckies, you know.
Speaker 3: Have fun different rubber duckies.
Speaker 1: Are you Oh you got to be even gone down the rubber ducky rabbit hole.
Speaker 2: No, we'll be in the rubber ducky hole.
Speaker 1: You can find rubber duckies in like, you know, Christmas rubber duckies, Halloween rubber ducky whatever. So everybody had brought their own rubber ducky and we had a like a little Christmas tree that we decorated that that she had decorated with rubber duckies just for the party. It was so much fun, but it was just that feeling of like, oh my god, what is happening? And then you realize I have no control over this. I just have to like enjoy this and just go with it. And you know, having a drink at twenty one, my first legal drink, and hanging out with all these friends.
Speaker 3: But you didn't have to get carted on your twenty first birthday. Isn't so much of the fun going to a place and the.
Speaker 2: License, Yeah, how.
Speaker 3: Old you are?
Speaker 2: The next day, where was your twenty first Danielle.
Speaker 3: My twenty first birthday. My mom took me to Vegas.
Speaker 1: Oh you went right to the gambling. Yeah, did you already know age or did you?
Speaker 3: Well, my family plays cards. We're a card family, so I grew up playing gin and so yes, I was already kind of familiar with card games. I've liked to play blackjack from the time I was young. So yeah, my mom took me to Vegas, which was really fun, and yeah, I we had a great time. My mom is a total lightweight and I was a total lightweight, and so it wasn't like a big rager of like I see how much you can drink thing. I think I had like a couple of glasses of wine. My mom had half a glass of wine and then was like, I, oh, gosh, I think.
Speaker 2: I'm not.
Speaker 1: I think I need to.
Speaker 2: Go light down.
Speaker 3: I was like, it's my twenty first birthday. We can't go lay down at nine pm in Vegas. So she she toughed it out with me, but it was it was a really good time. What did you do Will We've.
Speaker 4: Talked about it many times in this podcast ed to Bevicks it.
Speaker 2: Is I had I went order alcohol. Yeah, they were they had.
Speaker 4: I went to Edecs with Spencer Moseska the guy I moved to Los Angeles with He's still my friend Love Hewett and Jason Marsden.
Speaker 2: Ordered a beer and gave them my.
Speaker 4: Idea, my ID and I was so happy and I went to go order a second one and Love said, are you really gonna have a second beer?
Speaker 2: And that was it.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that was a judge on your twenty first birth That was the second beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wrote me a second beer because I wasn't really like get yes exactly.
Speaker 3: I've never seen seen you drink.
Speaker 2: But I imagine the second beer is going to put you over the edge. So that was it. That was my twenty first birthday at ed Beecks. Yeah. Why that place was so special to me. Yeah, absolutely so cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, welcome to Pod Meets World. I'm Daniel Fischel.
Speaker 2: I'm rather strong and I should have gotten that second beer. I'm Wilfredell.
Speaker 3: Welcome to today's episode recap. It is season five, episode twenty four, Graduation. It originally aired May fifteenth, nineteen ninety eight, and the synopsis the group is getting ready to graduate high school when mister Feenie assigns them one last assignment. It was directed by Alan Myerson. It was written by Matthew Nelson and Bob Tishler. And then that instance of two episodes in a row for that by two people that didn't seemingly have ever written an episode together before.
Speaker 1: They must have like pitched this story, got assigned it, and then rather than like splitting it up into two scripts, they were like, let's just work on the two of them together. Yeah, it's really interesting.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe Matt took one and then Bob took the other one, but they just wrote each other.
Speaker 2: So we wrote each other. Yeah, because they weren't writing partners.
Speaker 4: No, So yeah, that's we had part on the show several times and these guys were not writing partners.
Speaker 2: So it's weirdly they had two in a row. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So guest starring the return of Some Boy Meets World Favorites. First up, and older looking Blake Sennet is back as Joseph Joey. They're at epstein Ethan Sipplee returns as Frankie Stacchino, and finally, Lee Norris revisits his season one role, the lovable and sorely missed Stuart Minkis. This marks the final Boy Meets World appearance for all three actors, and even that is a bit of a technicality. And we have two other very important background cameos in this episode, but we will get to those later. Well, this is our season five finale.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 2: This is going by so fast.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: Do you remember when we started and we were like, we are never going to finish this podcast And here we are at the end of season five in the year nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's pretty crazy.
Speaker 4: This is I think also the last year we got twenty four, because normally we would get twenty two. First we get thirteen and then nine, and then we were doing so well they gave us twenty four. But I think that was only once or twice. I don't think we ever got twenty four again.
Speaker 2: I think it's better.
Speaker 3: I think you're right. I think we do twenty two next season.
Speaker 2: Because then season seven.
Speaker 4: Originally we only got picked up for thirteen because don't you remember you and I were shooting that movie because we were like, oh, we have to have it done by thirteen, and then we got picked up for our back nine and we're like, okay, we can stop for a while and then we're like, oh, we need to finish that movie. We were, so yeah, we only got picked up for thirteen in year seven one in seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's interesting.
Speaker 4: Actually, yeah, well I think it's because this is when TGIF was going through what are we going to do?
Speaker 2: Phase? Because I think Sabrina was leaving.
Speaker 4: Or something was going on with that, and then Family Matters had already gone. So yeah, it was ABC was in a serious state of flux at this point.
Speaker 3: Yes, So before we jump into our guest stars, would you guys like to talk about our overall thoughts? Writer, you usually go first. In the one time I didn't explicitly ask you, I made you very angry, So would you would you like to tell me your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I really liked this episode. It totally got to me. I mean, I think it's just it's really nice to have Phoenie moments again and to have that and I thought, you know, like as much as bringing back Joey and Frankie and Minkus was kind of a joke, it was also really nice to just see them again and I like sort of send off of like, right, this is a whole era of the show, you know, and I got kind of emotional. I don't know, I didn't really understand Sean's graduation speech. I was a little like, Okay, I think you know, but I don't know. It was like ended on such a sad note, like it was like you know, and I was just wondering what they were thinking exactly or where this is going, like why regret? Like why is that? Shawn's like, well.
Speaker 3: I actually kind of liked I didn't necessarily You're right that it came across as regret, and I think had they one of my main critiques was going to be that I wish you could have had the speech, but instead of it being a speech to the school, which then feels like, oh, this poor kid is really regretting so many things, if it had just been a conversation with Foeni, I think it would have felt like you recognizing your potential, right, because I think that's the point, you know what I'm I'm capable, I'm very capable, and I haven't been doing i haven't been living up to my potential. And the feeling is I'm no longer going to do that, and this next stage of my life, what high school has taught me is that I'm capable of more if I apply myself, and so I wondered if it was leaning toward the idea hinting at I'm not going to take the photography job, which by the way, was not mentioned at all no in this episode, And so the idea was the regrettable feeling is I do You've been telling me all four years about how what I'm capable of and I didn't apply myself and in this next phase, I'm going to it. But because it was delivered to the whole school, it was a little bit of a downer, like, oh well, it could have been.
Speaker 1: Just one of those things where I'm saying in the speech it sounds like I'm talking to the whole school, but I'm very clearly talking to Corey Topanga, Angela ande Fioeni, right, Like that would have been a nice turn if it had been like you know, and there have been some people who have made it, you know, who did take advantage of this time, and because of them, I'm gonna be okay or something, you know.
Speaker 3: Like something.
Speaker 1: But it was just a little I don't know, it felt sentimental for the sake of being sentimentally, you know, it felt like they wanted Sean to have like an emotional moment a beat, and he did, and it was kind of sweet and it felt like honest and cool, like I was actually happy with the performance, but it was just kind of like I don't know quite know what I'm saying, which maybe is cool, Like it kind of has this bittersweet feeling to it, so maybe that's fine. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, I loved it.
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: I thought it was great.
Speaker 4: I it's you know, and I don't know what's happening in the future obviously, but this completely and totally sealed.
Speaker 2: The deal on Sean is the star of the show.
Speaker 4: You're coming to the graduation episode.
Speaker 2: You're coming to the end.
Speaker 4: Of we don't know that Feoene's gonna come on to college with us. Their audience doesn't know this, so as far as we know, they're saying goodbye to mister Feenie. We're doing all this kind of stuff, and they give the moment to Sean. Yeah, you know, you expect Corey to get up there and a or something. I love the idea that it should have been Sean and Feenie having seen together, because frankly, I think they took another moment from Topanga where she earned the final speech, and then it's like, here's my monologue.
Speaker 2: I'm giving it to Sean and it's like, okay, so I got it. I enjoyed.
Speaker 4: I really liked the whole episode. I remember shooting this episode. I remember it was like the sun broke on my face because I think I actually broke Bill in a scene and they showed it and getting Bill Daniels to break character and actually, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was like I ad lib that ending and I was like, oh my god, I think he actually laughed or smiled, which never happens, but again it did.
Speaker 2: It sealed the deal for me where it was like, oh yeah, Corey.
Speaker 4: I get they were saving him for the big reveal moment with Tapanga at the end, but they good goodbye John Adams went to Sean, and again I don't think it was necessarily a bad way to go, but it was. They were really once again, think of all the episodes we've had this season and it Sean is essentially the star boy me world, So this one again really showed me that he was and I think it changed changes coming up. I think the star really becomes Corey Topanga in season six and seven, but up till this point, from season two to through season five, I would say Sean is really the boy in boy Me World. He's the one you're rooting for. He's the one you're watching the biggest changes.
Speaker 1: In the most change he did. He's had the.
Speaker 4: Biggest arc and emotional arc throughout the entire series. And so this was at the end. It's like, yeah, they gave Sean the moment. So it was and we writer you and I've talked about this one hundred times. We didn't know that was happening, Like we didn't realize that you were the star of boy Mets World, but you were, and this this ended it. And of course seeing David Combs and was just really sweet and just the whole thing. And yeah, so I I really enjoyed this episode. I liked everything about it. I thought I had a good balance of you know, despite the cringe worthy mister Turner joke, which at the time we thought was hysterical, But you look back as an adult and you're like.
Speaker 3: Oh, no, why couldn't they. I mean, maybe Tony didn't want to come back or wasn't able to come back. He was working on something.
Speaker 2: But I don't think we ever asked him.
Speaker 1: He should have come back.
Speaker 2: I mean, godbye.
Speaker 1: I mean, if that's what this is about, is me graduated and saying and why.
Speaker 2: Is he sitting there with all the teachers and everything. I don't think astuge because he would have come.
Speaker 3: That's a really overall opportunity.
Speaker 2: Really liked the episode.
Speaker 3: I really and really great to see Lee. It was so nice to hug him at the end when he graduates and we all pull him.
Speaker 1: Into a hug. Do I get one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That was great.
Speaker 3: That was very sweet. All right. Jumping into our recap, we start in the John Adams Hallway. Corey eagerly stands by the lockers with an open yearbook. A girl walks by, Hey, Debbie, you want to sign my Debbie doesn't even acknowledge him. I guess you don't. He sees another classmate, Hey, Mike, let me sign your Mike is also unfhazed. We were never that close. Is this is this the same guy who.
Speaker 2: Won last week? Everyone is this popular?
Speaker 3: One knows?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: Interesting to get the same thing. It's like, wait a minute, he's prom king. He's Corey Tegan.
Speaker 3: Average yep, and he enthusiastically turns to Sean.
Speaker 2: Isn't this great?
Speaker 3: I mean, I love this week? Sean rolls his eyes. Yeah, me too. Is it over yet? Corey tries to lighten Sewan's mood, pointing out our old friends Frank and Joey back at John Adams and they are holding yearbooks of their own. They're going to be graduating this year and it only took them eight years. Blake is almost unrecognizable.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, I wanted to have the It was like, oh, oh, it's funny. How much of that actually kind of changes as his whole care Yeah, he's doing the same stuff, but you're like, you just look like older and more clean cut and sort of cool album.
Speaker 3: You're so handsome, I mean, so so handsome and mature looking.
Speaker 4: He's like fully fully rock star by this time, by ninety yeah, right, Kylie is really taken off by this point, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I think so?
Speaker 4: And then it's like early two thousands where they really hit. But I think they're they're kind of up and coming in a major way at this point.
Speaker 1: I think I didn't know it at the time. I don't think because I.
Speaker 4: Never knew play parties that we would early if Jason Marson would hire them to come and play at his Halloween parties and stuff like that, and we'd go see him at Baseland.
Speaker 2: And I think this was kind.
Speaker 3: Of like, yeah, ninety eight, so okay, oh so the.
Speaker 2: No then this is just kind of this okay, all right. I thought this was they were getting there already.
Speaker 3: So Frankie pat's Joey on the back. This is it, my good friend, Joey, our last week is juvenile delinquents. Joey beams, Yeah, out of high school, the real world. So what do you think we should be? Frankie shrugs, criminals. We should start small. Joey agrees, Yeah, let's rob our friends the criminals. Waltz up to Corey and Sean, and Frankie explains, because we have shared both good times and bad, we would be honored if you would sign these yearbooks we have pilferd.
Speaker 2: They steal stuff that they're giving the they keep giving everybody for free. I know exactly.
Speaker 3: Actually, don't you have to buy your earbooks?
Speaker 2: I would depend when we were there. I think we got one.
Speaker 4: If you paid a certain amount of money, you would get a special edition one where it was like gold leaf for something.
Speaker 2: But I think they gave everybody one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they say in the show, you get one for free, but I think we had to pay for ours.
Speaker 2: It's California, we give you know, we give our stuff away. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sean asks you took somebody else's yearbooks. Corey reminds them that everyone gets their own. Joey asks where's the joy in that and slams his stolen book against Sean's chest. Cory asks Frankie, what would you like me to say? Frankie grins, just put down your address, and Joey it's yeah, and what time you're not going to be home? You know? And you don't have a big dog, do you? Very funny? Corey and Sewan quickly jot down the information in their yearbooks. Frankie's pleased. You boys take care of yourselves and remember always stay friends. He smacks Corey on the back, knocking the wind out of him. We like to think of ourselves as the Corey and Sean of the underworld. Joey likes the comparison. I want to be Corey. Can I be Corey? Frankie notts that makes me Sean and with that, the duo walk off. Screen and out of Boy meets world for him.
Speaker 1: The city sure last yea.
Speaker 3: Cory asks Sean, do you see how important this week is? Saying goodbye to people we might never see again, saying goodbye to people who've been around but we lost touch with. Sean is confused, like, who Corey thinks about it? Well, I don't really know. I guess there's nobody like that. And then the camera pans to the other side of the hall Whippan and there stands Stuart Mincus, fucking smug. The crowd cheers and Corey acknowledges him.
Speaker 2: Hi Mincas.
Speaker 3: The boy sarcastically asks, oh now, it's high Mincas. For the past four years, it's like I haven't even been in the same school with you, guys. Seawan admits, we just never saw you around, Mancus, isn't hearing it? I was, I was just in the other part of the school. Sean asks what other part of the school? Mincus responds, you know, over there, and he points off camera to the side of the hallway we never see. Corey and Sean join him in examining the unfamiliar territory. Corey admits, well, we don't go there shawnagrees, you go over there, you may never come back. Mincus scoffs ah, that's crazy, and then waves to this other side and shouts, hey, mister Turner, waight up.
Speaker 4: Well, it's had a joke. It is such a joke, but it's harsh. But it is such a good joke. That's the battle inside of me, as they is. I'm like, oh god, it's such a good joke.
Speaker 2: But man, it's harsh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we loved it.
Speaker 2: I remember distinctly all of us like, oh my god, that's so clever.
Speaker 3: But it's a BS send off for a beloved character. Yes, but it's a really good joke.
Speaker 2: It is. It's a great joke. Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Corey changes the subject. Well, Sean, I think the time has come to sign each other's yearbooks. He sits sewn down on the senior couch and stares at him with excitement and eager. Corey asks, shall we talk about it first? Sean smiles, No, No, let's just def.
Speaker 2: Just like, okay, should we talk?
Speaker 3: That's what we're gonna say.
Speaker 1: So he's great in this episode. The chicken scene, Oh my god, I was dying. The chicken bit is, but this is is just I just love like, you know, over like what is the word like? Over? Eager?
Speaker 3: Core you know, and wants to get it so right, really sentimental about every aspect of it, really wants it to be good. Boy, Oh boy, where to begin? Huh? What am I going to say to you? Man? This is going to take me at least a week. Sean scribbles a few words enhance the yearbook back to Corey. He's done. Corey shocked, you're done. He quickly finds Sean message, Hey you write.
Speaker 4: Hey, delivery, Hey, Hey, you write hey?
Speaker 2: And it was just so good.
Speaker 3: And Sean nods and says, and I mean it. Corey questions, you don't even write my name? Sean laughs, Corey, it's your yearbook? Who else would it be to you? Know how I feel about you? Why do I have to write it down? Corey explains, because it's the spirit of the week. Sean, it's about this place.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: Why don't you care about this? And then Tapanga walks up holding something important in her hands. Look what we got, Corey gush is our senior rings?
Speaker 2: Did you get these? Did either of you actually get in high school? Graduation?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did not know.
Speaker 2: I didn't either I knew it.
Speaker 4: Was a thing, but it was. It's like a thing from mostly like the fifties. Yes, my dad had has a high school graduated.
Speaker 3: So big for athletes, I think like, oh.
Speaker 2: Okay, I feel like there's like a letter thing.
Speaker 3: Kind of like yeah, if you played sports there. I think it's I think there are certain groups of people who are more likely to have a senior ring ring, right. Yeah. And it's just so funny the way things when you are in them feel so big, and like, imagine if I had my high school ring, what would I I would have melted that thing down.
Speaker 1: And the reunion, the reunion that reunions.
Speaker 2: And I'm not even invited to my reunions. It's true. They apparently they've had about it. Do you Here's the other thing.
Speaker 4: Do you ever actually look at your high school Do you ever occasionally grab your your book and then read some of the comments. Yeah, it's because nobody wrote in myih school year bok didn't like anybody at the time. But I have my middle school one, and going back and reading some of the comments, it really is you. It's one of those things where all of a sudden you're like, oh, I've been here, two hours, right, yes, exactly that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: Did you get one for your high school writer?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't know where it is. I don't know. Yeah, everybody got a page, So everybody got a page to do whatever they wanted.
Speaker 2: So it was a pamphlet basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like you know, a lot of kitchen you are right now. Yeah, so, but I would love to see them. There's one for every year that I was at the school. We always had a year book that was like, you know, the whole to be together.
Speaker 2: A year flip, year flip, a year flip.
Speaker 3: It can't be a book. It's not big, not enough students to be a book.
Speaker 4: So I just see a bunch of students in like monk like robes, like calligraphying for the year.
Speaker 2: They're they're kind of their book to graduate.
Speaker 1: To make the paper exactly, finding it with like thread so great.
Speaker 3: Our senior rings they just arrived and to Panga, let Sean know he can go get his in the cafeteria. Sean corrects her, No, I can't because I didn't order one. They're stupid, They mean nothing. Corey and Topanga aren't listening. They're too busy admiring their rings. Sean huffs to me and walks away. Now focused on to Panga, Corey asks, so have you been thinking about Yale? This is a big decision. To Pega reminds him, I told you I'm going to Penbrook with you. That's what I want. Corey explains, you don't turn down Yelle without thinking about it first. To Pega assures him she thought about it. Corey pulls out a folder. He got some information from the Internet last night. How to use the Internet first?
Speaker 2: Is his first Internet kind of talk.
Speaker 3: There's been one other Internet mentioned we have, I think so. I think there was one other mention of it somewhere. I can't remember exactly where, but it's it's rare.
Speaker 2: I was watching porn on DIALECU, right, Yeah, that's so.
Speaker 1: It's so funny. They like, you couldn't just say I got some information last night. You have to explain I got some information on the Internet, or you go to the library. Right, Like however, you'd send away for info on the web.
Speaker 4: You'd say that too, like I got something on the web last Yeah, this is still.
Speaker 1: Like this was still like Google was one of four search engines that were like competing. You know, there's like Alta Vista and like Odscape and Yahoo right, so many people still used AOL search and.
Speaker 2: New prodigy Prodigy Prodigy.
Speaker 3: He makes her promise she'll read it before she makes up her mind. The bell rings and she gives him a big smile. I love you, Corey. He nods, well, you should. I have to say, I'm very bored, super bored by Tepega's whole storyline. Even I don't care whether she goes to Yil or not. It hasn't been set up appropriately in my mind it has been. I'm honestly, here's what it is. I'm very bored by Tepega's character. I feel like I just am not interested in anything she's doing. I don't care.
Speaker 4: Well, you've also had two episodes kind of two or three in a row where she's kind of it's like, you know, the Starry Night and everything it was.
Speaker 2: They've made her kind of monotone the whole way through.
Speaker 4: And the thing you're right about going to Yale, because it's not about whether Topang is going to go to Yale. It's about how Corey's dealing with whether or not is going to go to Yale, So it's not even about Topanga.
Speaker 3: The storry night great was boring. It was the like every time we've had an opportunity for Topanga to kind of show herself.
Speaker 1: Right, what does she want to study? What does she want to do at Yale? Or who knows Pembroke? Yeah, I mean there's no it's we know that she's type A and cares about those carries and smart and she's like, you know, aggressive about those things. But yeah, that's a.
Speaker 3: As Topanga leaves her class, Sean returns, pretending to be supportive, very smooth. Corey argues, I'm not pretending and I'm not smooth. Penga got into Yale, and I'm proud of her. If she cheats herself out of going because of me, how do I live with that?
Speaker 1: Very good questions?
Speaker 3: Smart fair, very fair. I love this Cory.
Speaker 4: I forgot that they really did for a couple episodes set it up where he was kind of encouraging you go.
Speaker 3: I really encouraging Virtugo, even if later when he realizes, oh man, this is going to suck for me, he does actually really say all the right things. Yeah, Sean points out the obvious, but you don't want her to go, Corey reassures his friend. I want to support her, and I want you to support me for supporting her. Sean says he does support him, and he gives an unenthused go Corey to prove it. Corey notices the tone. You're pretending, aren't you. Sean throws his arms in the air. Yeah, cor just like you. He walks away, and Corey's left done, and then we're in Phoene's classroom. Mister Phoene happily enters, welcome to your final week of Feenie. Everyone, here's your assignment. The class groans, but Phoene isn't moved. Oh shut up, I'm tired too. This assignment is completely optional and is for no credit. Sean is enthused. Oh well, then I'll start on it right away. He pauses for a millisecond, then announces, Oh look, I'm done. Phoene grins, that's right. You don't have to do it. I want you to write about what's in your heart during these last weeks of school. Sean needs clarity. I don't have to do it right. Angela answers, do it, Sean. It's no pressure, it'll be fun. Sean is certain it won't be fun. Ta Pega declares, I'm doing it, and I'm getting an A. Phoene reminds her it's for no credit. To Pega gets very intense and grabs Phoenie by the jacket. I have six hundred and ninety nine a's I need one more. Give me the a, Phoene. He shrugs, Okay, fine, you got an A. You don't even have to do it. I'll just give you an A because I'm scared of you. That's an even seven hundred. Penga needs more info. Seven hundred. That's more than anybody, right, Phoene exclaims, oh, more than anybody. To Pega's demonic grin doesn't crack as she slides back into her seat. Satisfied, he walks, you're you're.
Speaker 2: You're sitting in to frame like looking creepy.
Speaker 1: Was just love the way Bill deliveries. Oh yeah, that's more than anyone like you could care less.
Speaker 3: Absolutely by far By father, it's very trump I'm the biggest, the best I've got, You've got, uh, it's huge. Phoene walks past Corey and whispers good luck in hell, mister Matthews.
Speaker 2: Just great, And.
Speaker 3: Then we're in the guy's apartment. Sean walks through the front door to see Jack, who has set up a giant banner in the kitchen that reads congratulations Sean. Sadly, the sign covers up where the food picture would be, so we don't know what this final episode. Jack exclaims, surprise, mister graduateur, Why would he do this on a day? Isn't they and.
Speaker 2: Just the two of them? I'm putting up banners for just the two of us.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt, hat, no noisemaker. Yeah, where's chat?
Speaker 4: I have to say, though, I'm starting to really like this relationship between the two of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think what they're doing with Sean and Jack, the wrestling stuff where then you'd stop and kind of talk about why you're doing it, it's great.
Speaker 2: I dig it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, No, this is the payoff to that you know episode that we did mid season where we wrestled and all you know, it's when they write to us together. It actually works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, it.
Speaker 4: Works because you're different enough to where it's interesting to watch the characters interact.
Speaker 3: My thing, though, is that this little, this little storyline of you guys wrestling and you not being into it. There's never a resolution to this. There's like, this is like the last time it's mentioned, there's never anything more between you.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's all about tying up the loose ends from the beginning of the scenes. You think about that. Yeah, the beginning of the season was the introduction of Jack and that we are never going to be able to have a relationship. Now we're living together and wrestling and communicating, and I think they just wanted to put a button on that whole relationship so we can never address it again. Right, No, we do. We do when when Chet comes back and dies. But I feel like, wait what, yeah, do what? And I don't know if that's next I'm assuming that's next season, But like otherwise, you know, I don't think. I don't know. I can't wait to see because I just don't think Jack and Shawn have much more to do after this. I think they were just trying to, you know, wrap put a bow on everything. Yeah, and this is this was just that was a resolution to some dangling thread from the beginning of the season.
Speaker 3: So Sean's eye, I told you, I'm not into this. Jack isn't convinced. I've got something that may change your mind. He unveils a theme park like caricature drawing of Sean that includes him in a graduation cap and robe flying in the sky on a diploma.
Speaker 2: I want this, I want.
Speaker 1: Was like, what would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had a guy do it for I'm a snapshot. Sean grabs the picture and sarcastically says, yeah, that's great now, graduation really means a lot to me. He places it face down on the counter in the kitchen. Jack is offended by Sean's bad attitude and he shoves him. Shawn is shocked. He shouts what was that and shoves him right back. Jack angrily asks why he doesn't appreciate the caricature he had made of him with a big head and a tiny body, And you're riding the big diploma like it's the magic carpet your future.
Speaker 1: It's such a good line.
Speaker 3: You don't appreciate anything, man, and again he shoves him quite forcefully. Sean yells back, it's a crappy picture and pushes Jack all the way onto the couch. I hate it. They start fighting as Jack tries to reason with him, don't you see you will never go to high school ever? Again, Sean sarcastically shouts, yeah, hooray. They continue to scrap, and Jack says, through gritted teeth, I'm just trying to put you in touch with your feelings. Sean responds, while being choked. No, you're trying to put me in touch with your feelings. And you guys, with your physical comedy with this is so well done.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: Didn't really funny, really well done? You remember it all?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I remember the other one where but oh we did this wrestling thing again? But yeah, no, it works, it works.
Speaker 3: Looks really good. He pushes his older brother off of him, and Jack is confused. Why do we always end up wrestling? Sean eventually says, I think it's how we communicate. Jack nods, yeah, well I have something else to say. He immediately pounces on Seawan and they continue to wrestle. Just then Eric walks out of his room in an all black Navy steal outfit, fullar with a grappling hook and some other cool gadgets. He he thinks he's retiring. I'm gonna stop him. I don't know how, but I am. He finds Jack and Sean on the floor, still trying to choke each other out. Maybe I'll ask the French for help or the Belgians. They're not doing anything.
Speaker 2: They're not doing anything.
Speaker 3: Eric places a pair of night goggles over his eyes and tells the boys, you babies, stop fighting. Eric struggles to make his way out the door, getting his hook stuck in the doorframe.
Speaker 2: Finally I lived. You can see Matt laughing sticking the thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so fun. Finally, like this is where Eric's gonna live for the rest of him. Ye this episode, Yeah, we are just launching because I feel like Eric often goes zany, but he up until now I has he initiated the zany plot like this only this whole situation only exists because Eric is going like crazy, right, like that's your whole storyline. It's like, I'm gonna navy seal my way out of you know, getting Feennie to stop retiring. And it's like and then I was thinking about the sneak attacks stuff like we keep doing we do this from now on. I feel like it just this, give Will a costume and let him go crazy pretty much.
Speaker 2: Like that's accurate.
Speaker 3: Sean and Jack have been staring at this insanity and utter confusion. Then they go back to their wrestling match, and then we're back at John Adams High. In the hallway, we see wild chickens on the floor, congregating around the trash can, probably because the hands have placed seed right. Corey and Sean enter, and Corey is very excited by the livestock. Great chickens in the hallway. Huh. Someone must have let them lose is the official senior break. He runs around the hallway, pretending to flock his wings like a chicken, screaming, oh my gosh, look at the chickens. He runs up to a random classmate and shakes him chicken alert. Yeah. He has entered a euphoria, surrounded by much less enthused classmates. I wonder which crazy senior thought this up. This is nuts. Huh. Then Feenie walks in and notices the chickens, barely giving them a passing glance. He curiously asks Cory, what did you do rent a couple of chickens? Corey nuts? Yeah, don't step on them or else I lose my deposit. As he bolts away, he continues to scream together the.
Speaker 2: Hands go, it's just so Ben and so Cory so good. Uh.
Speaker 3: Sean walks up to Poenians lely admits if I were into this, which I'm not. I'd do a senior prank that you'd remember. Phoene chuckles, I'm sure you would. He then asks Sean if he's working on that final class assignment. Sean pretends to be excited, Oh yeah, the assignment. The fake excitement quickly fades. No, I'm not. Corey jumps back into the hallway, frantically screaming at the top of his lungs about the chickens. Again, Phoene advises Sean, I really think you should. Sean asks if it's mandatory, and Phoenie emphasizes, what you end up doing is up to you, always has been. I'm just here to point out what page we're on. Phoene leaves and Corey groc's backup. I know, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 1: We're not what page we're on. I was like, that's cool.
Speaker 3: It's a beautiful line, and it really does highlight how so many things in this show, when with with really good guidance from the adults, have ultimately been left up to the kids to make their own decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: There's rarely been a you, you have to do this, this is the right thing. It's always like, here's the door, and here's another door. What are you going to do? Well?
Speaker 3: But but not just here are the two doors, here's the door I think is best for you and why. But ultimately you have to be the one to make the final decision about which door you're going to go through. And and I think one of the things that Boy Meets World did better than almost any other show is that the guidance coming from the adults was always so good, even when there were good arguments on both sides. You know, sometimes it's it's truly set up that there isn't necessarily one right path. They're both good, and you just have to be the one to listen to your gut and and and say which one you're going to go toward. They nobody, nobody was the dumb, stupid parent or the the you know.
Speaker 4: Uh, bumbling teacher or any of that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And it's also I mean, we saw it with huge decisions too.
Speaker 4: I mean Amy and Allen literally walk into a hotel room, leaving Corey into hang it to decide whether they're going to go have sex in another room.
Speaker 2: Yes, And it's not like.
Speaker 4: Get home, it's just like, hey, you're here's the consequences you're ready.
Speaker 2: See you guys stup to you and it's yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure a lot of other shows, because I never call it a kid show geared towards younger people, would would do it to that extent.
Speaker 1: Contextualizing the importance of Yale probably would have would have been good in a.
Speaker 4: Little bit at the end of the duh, like come on, like I know behind. So unless you have a great reason not to go, you gotta go.
Speaker 3: I'm not even sure what that point was though, unless you have a good reason not to go, well.
Speaker 4: I think it's you know there there might be better reasons to not go, and unless you can come up with one of those, which there might be two in the world.
Speaker 1: So are you and Corey going to break up if you go to Yale? Like that seems sad to me. If you believe that you're in love and that your love is so powerful, it's not going to be effected.
Speaker 3: The idea now that my good reason for not going to Yale is because we're going to be engaged. And if we're engaged, why doesn't Corey just move to Yale with me?
Speaker 1: Right? You should?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you should get her go to school somewhere in Connecticut near Yale. That's not that difficult a thing to.
Speaker 1: Do or commit to being engaged, because that's the decision you want to make and get married but still go to Yale. Right, but you can these things are not.
Speaker 2: Actually opposition, you know exactly now, you know.
Speaker 1: It's like you can be in love and not have to sacrifice to that.
Speaker 3: CRY's future and Penbrook is not more important or shouldn't be more important than to Penga's future and going to Yale. So why is it never even in the cards? And maybe it is maybe next season when we get the answer when Corey answers, maybe is there a conversation about Corey going to Yale and we talk? I don't know, maybe there will be. But up until this point, how come it's never even been a discussion. How Come it's never been a discussion between Hocme, between Corey and Sean hokem Hocome. Corey and Sean haven't had that discussion. Hocome to Penga and Angela, who, by the way, are probably never going to talk it. How come they don't have a discussion about any of that. It's so there seems like there's so many options for this to not that that are just never even.
Speaker 4: If they were, and what they should have done. And again, because it's really it's just a word. They're just throwing out Yale because people know what it is. So what they should have done is something like Cambridge or Oxford, where like she would have.
Speaker 2: To move to London, something where it's a.
Speaker 1: Very big yes, exactly, Stanford in California, ride exactly, something where it's it's massively different.
Speaker 4: But no, it's like you can't go to school four hours from here, like what really? Right? So, yeah, that I was hoping they were gonna they should have done something much bigger. Oh I applied to this or bond, but there was no way I was going to get in and they you know, right, yeah, so but.
Speaker 1: No, and then you could have specified why that school? You know, right now it's just Yale for generic good schoolness. But like if the panga had an interest in art or you know, some subject that could only be done in this one far away place, it would make so much more sense.
Speaker 2: I think she's following Ricky's Paris.
Speaker 4: I just want to meet you in Paris so we can look at each other in.
Speaker 2: Food Croissan cosso count the lamination toga you.
Speaker 3: Pene leaves, and Corey rushes back up to Sean again yelling about chicken mania. Topanga joins the boys and announces she's finished her valedictorian speech and wants to know if they'd like to hear it. Sean shakes his head and walks away. To be honest, I don't either, no.
Speaker 2: Things, We're god, it's fine.
Speaker 3: The camera bands to reveal Mincas standing by the payphone yet again. He is interested to know more. Oh and what makes you so sure you're the class valedictorian, little missy Tepega confidently responds, because I'm Tapanga. Minka shoots back, well, I'm Mincus and I have six hundred and ninety nine a's, which, according to my records, is the same as you. Corey is astounded you counted a what kind of six psychopath counts as Corey looks at the Panga and realizes, Oh, yeah.
Speaker 1: Wasn't he there.
Speaker 3: He was there, he saw the whole thing, He saw it, he watched it.
Speaker 4: I didn't get that, but this scene between the two of you did make me just wish I.
Speaker 2: Could have watched four other seasons.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, of Lee, of Minkis and Joey and and Joey and.
Speaker 3: Frank guess somebody by the way to actually goes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it would have just made me wish for what could have been when I saw this scene.
Speaker 3: So Tapanga has an idea. I'll tell you what to do, Stuart. You can go get Phoene's grade book and count them again. With that, she struts away man kiss now alone with Corey is worried. It also would have been nice to see Danny here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Yeah, Danny and and miss and why couldn't you couldn't have Turner and Eli sitting at the graduation, Like would that have been.
Speaker 2: The worst thing in the world to have that? You know, it's a.
Speaker 3: Little insulting to invite them to be background actors, but.
Speaker 4: Give them a line each you know, walk in that we don't go over there, that's you know, you go.
Speaker 2: Also you may never come back.
Speaker 4: And then Turner and Eli come in and be like, hey, are you guys coming to class or what what's something I mean?
Speaker 1: But also there's this off camera moment or actually it is on camera where Sean makes a decision to do this speech right like where it's just me in the hallway kind of looking for lorn. That could have been a scene with Jonathan Turner, Like it could have easily been me in a different location finding him because now he's left the school or whatever, and me just having a conversation with him where he's like, what do you think of this time? Or you know, don't you think that this is important? And like, you're right, maybe it is? And right. It would have just been like a good like I find him in some apartment somewhere where he's moved on to a different school or now he's teaching college courses somewhere, and he's like and we explain why he's and I connect with him and he inspires me to come back and do the speech. It would have been so good.
Speaker 4: Oh god, they really could have gone more. But you've gone back and he's still in the hospital in the focast, he's still in tracks cold the whole time.
Speaker 1: Just visiting Turner in a wheelchair.
Speaker 2: Oh god, Oh it's horrible.
Speaker 3: Minkus, now alone with Corey, is worried she did something, didn't she. Corey pats him on the back, telling him to take it easy. He never had a chance Minka says she's evil, Corey, She's an evil little girl. Corey agrees, but every time I kiss her, I don't care. He strolls back up to his girlfriend. Tapanga tells him she read the material on Yelle that he gave her, and earnestly asks him, when you said you were serious about being supportive. You weren't saying that just to be supportive, were you. Corey reminds her Yale is one of the best schools in the country, and you deserve to go there. To Panga admits I always tried to be a good student because I thought college would be the most important decision in my life. Corey exclaims, it is what could be more important to Pango listens, Obviously conflicted, Corey reassures her, I'm okay with this. To Panga asks really, Corey notds yeah go. A wide grin spreads across her face. Thank you. She walks away, and melancholic music plays as Corey watch is or Go. He sits down in the middle of the hallway, now with the chickens huddled around him. He asks, you guys gonna leave me too?
Speaker 4: So we're sitting there watching the scene and all this beautiful stuff just happens. You know, it's you should go to Yale and do all this stuff. And there's dead silence when the scene ends, and Sue just says, how do you think they got the chickens to just sit there?
Speaker 2: Seed?
Speaker 4: But I also love the fact that Tapanga hasn't done any research on Yale. Nope, so Corey hands stuff you should do. Hey, I look some stuff up about it.
Speaker 3: Man explained Yale to you exactly.
Speaker 2: This is a good school.
Speaker 3: I guess maybe, and maybe we address this at the beginning of the next season. I don't know, but I guess it's hitting me as I'm reading the recap and thinking about when I watched it. Is the idea here that Tapanga now solidifies her decision about Corey because one of the traits that she wants in him is that he's supportive. That one of the reasons she feels very comfortable turning down Yale is because to lead, he fully supports me best for him and so right, and so I am sure that's the type of man I want to marry, a person who's willing to sacrifice his own good.
Speaker 1: So therefore I'm going to sacrifice my own good friend.
Speaker 3: Right, so I'm going to do the same thing for him, even though it's revealed behind the scenes that he wasn't serious about it at all.
Speaker 1: And also, what is he sacrificing, Like he's still going to Pemberkeca, He's you know.
Speaker 2: He's sacrificing to Panga. That's what That's what they're trying to say.
Speaker 1: In the vein of supporting her towards in the name of their relationship, where she's sacrificing actual opportunity and growth outside of the relationship for the relationship. So that's like a very weird equivalency. Like they're actually two completely opposite directions. Like t Bank is basically saying I'm going to hurt myself in my future chances or I'm going to diminish my future for you. Cory's not saying that. He's saying, I'll sacrifice by you know, letting you go and like supporting you.
Speaker 3: That's and having that be a little harder for me, right, It's so hard being me. Yeah, I might have to travel to see you or yeah, really the hard part. The hardest part is I can't get like I'm not making out with a million girls while you're well that's.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the he would have cheated on you by the end of graduation. Let's be honest, that's really.
Speaker 1: Why she didn't go to Ye gotta button this relationship up, otherwise he's out of here. Yep.
Speaker 3: Well then we are in the John Adams Hallway. Continuing, Cory is staring out into the distance, angry and upset. Sean spots him and doesn't even need to ask. Corey breaks the news, Japang is going to Yale. Sean siys, I told you this is going to be a terrible week. Corey's angry with himself for acting so supportive. Sean asks, so you were just pretending. Corey admits he didn't actually think she'd go through with it. Sean encourages him to tell her how he really feels. Corey insists, I can't. I don't want her making the wrong choice because of me. Sean questions, and you're not pretending this time? Corey shakes his head. No, I'm not so, so what are they saying? So? So he was pretending before, but now he isn't pretending, and he does want her to go.
Speaker 4: He doesn't want her to go, but he genuinely now has gotten to the place where he understands she should, I think is what they're getting at.
Speaker 2: But it's not really said right.
Speaker 1: Which is now it's real Corey really really does support her, and it's all about his sadness. Well, we just got to make it about Corey, you know. So Panga's decision is ultimately about Corey.
Speaker 3: So now we are in Phoene's office. Phoene is packing his things into boxes with when Topanga enters. I think this is the very first yes to Pega and PHIENI the same scene alone.
Speaker 4: And it's a great scene, the two of them together. The energy's amazing. They should have done a bunch of these.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So she was in the library and she saw his light was on. What are you still doing here? Phoene explains, I'm just packing up a few things. What on earth are you doing in the library? Topanga admits, I was working on my valedictorian speech. Phoene assures her, your speech will be fine. Give yourself a break to penga size. Now that I'm going to Yale, everyone's going to expect it to be like from someone who's going to Yale. Fine's not going to be enough. Phoene sees right through her. What did you actually come here to ask me to? Panga admits, I don't know what to do. Should I go to Yale? Phoene responds, if you're asking me if Yale is one of the finest academic institutions in the country, I would have to say no. Tapega shakes her head. That's not why I'm asking. Phoene tries again, if you're asking me whether or not you would be successful there, Yale wouldn't have accepted you if they didn't think you could live up to their challenge to Pega again explains, that's not why I'm asking. Phoene gives up. I'll tell you what. I'll retire right now. They share a laugh, and then he cuts to the chase, what do you want to? Pega explains, If I knew what I wanted, I wouldn't have come to you. Phoene tells her to listen very carefully. Unless she has a very good reason for not attending Yale, she should go to. Pega smiles, thanks, mister Phoenie, He assures her, if you need any more counseling, my door is always open to my students. I don't really quite understand what he I'm trying to think, what was he thinking. Do we believe Phoene was trying to guide to Panga toward proposing.
Speaker 1: No, I think he's just basically presenting the options and saying, you know, what is your what is the alternative to going to Yale? And is you have to decide if that alternative is better? You know, it's it's the It's the exact same scene as the jelly beans, right. It's like it's like, oh, there's all these reasons and all this, but then ultimately love just conquers all and it's like, Nope, it doesn't matter. I can't live without Corey or I can't you know, it doesn't. But it just doesn't seem like an equivalent.
Speaker 2: It's just equivalent at all. I don't think he's saying, and you know, go get engaged to Corey. Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, you don't think that's on his radar at all.
Speaker 2: No, I don't think, so. I gotta hope that's not.
Speaker 1: What I mean. If that's yeah, I just this is where I go, like, Okay, I know, like and we've already talked about how it's nice that the teachers and the adults don't like weigh in too much or let the kids make but this is when it's time to like really contextualize. This is the responsible adult thing is to be like, hey, I know you're in love, and I know that that's really important to you. But if it's real love, yes, you don't need They'll still be there Like yeah, I mean, I would never never advise to eighteen year olds to make a decision about college based on each other. I would never advise that no matter who you are, no matter what schools you're contemplating, I would always no matter the history of the relationship, I would always say, you know what, at this age, at eighteen, you don't know, like that's just the reality, Like you feel these things and it's really important, and like maybe this relationship will last forever, but you probably shouldn't make decisions based on each and you know because at that age, what do you like, it's hard to plan ahead, Like it's hard to think of like you don't want to do the kind of work, or like it's all you know, so you need adults to say to you, Hey, plant seeds now that are going to pay off later, and the seeds that are probably going to pay off more. Is a great degree from this amazing school, like that's probably going to pay off more than what planting the marriage seed like that may also pay off. But why is it, you know, why are they even in opposition rightever? But exactly, I just but I would never even yeah, I mean, I can't think of a single relationship I knew where they made the decision to go to college based on each other. There where they stay together, yes, or you know like that never people you know decide to apply the same school and.
Speaker 3: See me to ask her what what would be a good reason for not going, and for her to say, I don't want to be away from Corey and to have another adult say then Corey can go with you even like which still wouldn't be the best advice, because it should be you guys can should go to the colleges you're going to, and you know whatever, But even just to hear it be said that, like you, you can still prioritize yourself. It doesn't have to be you sacrificing yourself. Someone else could sacrifice, or neither of you sacrifice. You both sacrifice by having to travel back and forth. But we never even get to have that conversation because it is so hands off. We need to get to this cliffhanger.
Speaker 4: I know, but I would love to if it's something along the lines of if you love something, said it free, you know that's it's there's a reason.
Speaker 2: It's an old adage, so you know it's yeah, so yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's when a grappling hook shoots into his open window. Phoenie and to Panga are startled when Navy seal Eric appears and climbs through the windowsill. Eric removes his goggles and commands, Phoenie, you're not retiring. You're not going anywhere. Phoeni notes, however, I must learn to close my window.
Speaker 2: Did you see her tight? The thing is like my face is just this little squish whish. You're not going anywhere, Phoenie.
Speaker 3: It adds to the funny, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 3: Eric demands, you are going to live in that house next to my parents until you die or until I die, whichever one comes first, although it probably be you because you're like, what eighty, This dark humor is very funny. Phoenie yells at him get out. Eric immediately responds okay. He gives Topanga a quick high before leaving.
Speaker 2: It's Eric Hotchega.
Speaker 3: Eric makes his way out the window while attempting to get his gear in order, and that's when he falls off the windowsill and screams. On the way down. Phoene shakes his head in disbelief and Will, You're exactly right. I think Bill put his head down and covered his face because he was actually laughing.
Speaker 4: I couldn't believe it because I know I ad lib that and I just did it one take and when I actually because I'm not sure I probably saw it when it came out, but watching it again last night, I.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh my god, and you do that because that's only like two feet off the ground, so you had to like pretend to fall and then duck.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like basically flat you can see.
Speaker 1: I love that scream that you give. That is like the ultimate, But no, can you do it?
Speaker 4: Will?
Speaker 2: It's like I don't even remember what I did there.
Speaker 1: It is, Yeah, you just know the tone that like says, this isn't a real scream, this is a comedy scream. It's okay to laugh at my predicament. It's like it's a very you know, it's a fine it's a fine point. Yes, but like it makes it okay, you know, like it's so funny.
Speaker 2: I loved that. I remember doing that scene with him is just every time working with Bill was just the best.
Speaker 1: Really. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, then we're in Phoene's classroom. Phoene's at his desk addressing the seniors for the last time. The bell is about to ring. In a few minutes, you'll be flying out of here like your pants were on fire. But since this is our last class together, I just want to say. And then the school bell rings and almost every student runs out before their teacher can finish his speech, except the stars of the show, the.
Speaker 4: Three characters Angela's god Angela bolted.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it was weird to see this. It was like, oh, this is the final scene of the show. You know, it's basically, Oh, it's a dress rehearsal for the goodbye that we have at the end. I never remembered this that we'd already kind of done it right where it's like basically tell us about you know, yeahbye.
Speaker 2: We had to have known by this point we were picked up, right, I mean we.
Speaker 1: Had to oft yeah, to leave it on a cliffhanger. I feel that.
Speaker 4: Big a cliffhanger. Whether or not they're going to get married, there's no way they story.
Speaker 1: The story that Michael always tells is that they put it to the internet right right, whether they should get married or not. Was that during this season or was that next season?
Speaker 3: It's after this episode airs?
Speaker 1: It is it after?
Speaker 2: They wouldn't want to ruin They didn't want to ruin the surprise.
Speaker 3: It was. I think they had it ready to go the website, so that during this summer while everyone was wondering what's going to be the answer, it was do a poll.
Speaker 1: But Michael presents it as the network didn't want them to get married?
Speaker 3: Correct what he wanted his answer to He.
Speaker 1: Was pushing back and saying, no, the audience is going to want this.
Speaker 4: Did either of you ever go look at the website? I didn't know there was website till years later. Did anybody actually go on and check it out?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: I'm not one hundred percent sure of the veracity of this entire story.
Speaker 3: Oh it did. It did exist. The website did exist. We've gotten many letters from people who u and people have recently founded on Time capsule. It still exists. Okay, so that is true, and I don't remember it.
Speaker 2: I didn't remember see it.
Speaker 3: I remember seeing it back in the day when it did. Yes, I did see it. They had a big it was a real fancy website too, for the wedding, announcing the wedding, and the bite was on it and the date.
Speaker 4: I don't think I went online into like two thousand and eight for like the first time ever.
Speaker 2: This is amazing.
Speaker 3: Yeah to Pega, Corey and Sean Stacey did. Phoene admits, usually I time it better than that. He reminds the three students that the bell rang, and he gives them a little wave goodbye. Corey says, we want to hear what you have to say. To Panga nods, We've got time. Phoene surprised, Oh well, I was just going to say good luck. The truth is I'm not very good at saying goodbye. And you know who else is not very good at saying goodbye? Are Wesley Staples? Oh yes, yeah, he really isn't. He doesn't like it. He gets very he always will sneak out. He is. This is a very taken directly from Wesley Staples. It's very hard for him to say goodbye. So this it makes me tiery thinking about it, because I've had exactly this moment with Wesley, like Wesley, where did you go? And he's just said, it's too much for me. I can't do it. It's just too much. The audience lets out a big all, and Feenie, who's been nervously fiddling with his hands, asks the three stragglers. We're not gonna get all sappy, are we. Tapega breaks the tension. We want to know if your decision to retire had anything to do with us. Corey admits, we know we haven't made life that easy for you these past couple of years, and Sean adds, I mean when you think about all the stupid stuff we pulled. Corey concludes, you have to be leaving because of us. Peene nods, well, I am, but not because of what you've done to me. It's what you've done for me. Sean shakes his head. We haven't done anything for you. Phoene disagrees. You three have given me more gratification in the past four years than I ever dreamed possible. You must know that, Corey reminds him, but you always complained about how difficult we are. Feeney admits, well, you are. But sometimes the things you complain about most are the things you care the most about. Unfortunately we don't always know that until it's too late. He asks Sean, by the way, how's that paper coming on? Stares up at Feenie, his eyes watery. Great phoene scene, Such a beautiful scene.
Speaker 4: Great Phoenie scene. Just it's so comforting to see again. It really is just him in front of the classroom teaching.
Speaker 2: It's I love it.
Speaker 1: We also just resisting emotion, right than watching somebody who you like. You just want Phoenie to say I love you, I'm going to miss you and do it. But he's not doing good.
Speaker 3: You know what it all means. That is great. And then we're in John Adams Outside in the hallway, a pensive Sean is sitting on the steps, looking around at the school he's known for so long. We hear applause in the distance, which totally through.
Speaker 1: I know through me too. I was like, why are we applauding?
Speaker 3: Then we fade into the graduation ceremony. Feeneye welcomes everyone to the graduation ceremony for the class of nineteen ninety eight. We see Alan, Amy Morgan and Jacker in the audience, and we also see our real life set teachers on stage, Wesley Staples, the very missed David Combs, and the third teacher next to David is Miriam Richards. It was Matthew Lawrence's teacher. Yep, do we you guys remember what it was like having them in the scene. I remember knowing they were going to be a part of it and it being very meaningful and feeling really good that they were there.
Speaker 4: It was cool because that's I got to drape myself across them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that was the fun part. I remember them all like, we could just push you off, we could push all the wage right now.
Speaker 3: Very good actors. They they're very present, present, They're great. So Phoene shouts, congratulations, we did it. The students hoot and holler. Phoene says, it's time to introduce the valedictorian, a student who exemplifies academic excellence as well as extracurricular achievement. What's her extra curriculs achievement? Hanging out with.
Speaker 4: Corey, hanging out with court Virginity and you're part of the Virginity club, right, okay?
Speaker 3: And social conscience?
Speaker 1: Did this? Did this set design really bumped me.
Speaker 3: I mean, the fact that there are more students on stage graduating than there are people in the audience.
Speaker 1: Watching, just and every shot of the audience watching is so awkward, like and it's just like going from left to it just doesn't It's like the camera's too close to each side and you never get the whole room. Like it's just it's I don't know why we couldn't figure this out a little bit better, Like, come on, let's let's either just do the whole audience separate, like on a different set, you know, and shoot because I but trying to like have it side by side with the podium like in the middle of a triangle shape is just I don't know. Man.
Speaker 4: This is also our last Alan Myerson episode ever because he was only there for season five. Right.
Speaker 2: Did he say goodbye to us at the end of.
Speaker 4: This episode, like literally walked down the line and said goodbye to us, and then.
Speaker 2: That was goodbye. He stopped at me.
Speaker 4: Well, no, he said some very nice things to me, and I think some nice things to Rider and then some other people's.
Speaker 1: He gave me two bags of tapes too, like like shopping bags full of mixtapes and jazz tapes that he had given me. He was really trying to get me into jazz.
Speaker 4: It was one of my first didn't work did. He just told me, it's like you gotta we got to do a movie together because I was like, I'd love to. He's like, great, then you would go on to the next person. Yeah bye, yeah, but like he was over it by the by.
Speaker 3: This point, I think Minkus pops up and bitterly explains she got one more lousy a than I did. He's pulled back down to his seat and Feenie introduces miss to Panga Lawrence. She smiles at Corey as she approaches the podium, and the audience applauds. Sean is clapping, but he notices Corey isn't Corey is.
Speaker 1: With my clapping, oh, because it's all fake everybody around I know. But I'm like, I'm on care it's so awful, Like it looks so weird.
Speaker 2: I'm like everybody talking all the time.
Speaker 3: I will say, I did not notice.
Speaker 1: Everybody like what you were just doing will is better because it was faster, like I'm doing like this slow Like.
Speaker 2: There's like, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: Corey explains, I can't. The closer we get to graduating, the closer she gets to Yale on the mic, Topega thanks mister Feenie and greets her classmates. I worked very hard on the speech. However, I'm not going to give it. And then we get a very sitcomments cutaway to audience members, gasping because I know somebody who could give a much better speech than I ever could. Ladies and gentlemen, I.
Speaker 1: Don't why does Topanga sacrifice for Sean.
Speaker 3: It doesn't, especially because this isn't a message to everyone, It's a message to Angela, Topanga, Corey and Feenie.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but it's also like, why does she believe that Sean is going to have a better speech than her, because you're.
Speaker 3: Can assume that. Again, a thing we did not see on camera but is only alluded to here is because Sean and Topanga have spoken.
Speaker 2: And they read because he said I read her speech, and I.
Speaker 3: Read her speech exactly, so we have communicated. Yeah, and you maybe have asked me, I have real I would like to give the speech. It's gonna be my final paper, and I have said, yes, you deserve.
Speaker 4: You graduated with a one point too. You barely got out. You're right, take the Valedictoria.
Speaker 3: Take the valedictorian speech.
Speaker 1: Isol be your girlfriend. You got kidnapped by those other girls. You your experience, read the one that you are the one that But that's what I'm like, Okay, I guess even in this off camera Scete'm imagining she read Sewan's paper and was like, this is a better speech to what I would say. Well, and that's where I'm like, what does Sean say?
Speaker 3: That's really no, I'll be honest, it's not better, But I'm going to go out on a limb and say to Panga doesn't actually read his speech. She shows her speech to Sean, and Sean says, I have something i I'd like to share.
Speaker 1: Can you step aside?
Speaker 3: Step aside for me and Topanga Without even saying we'll let me compare, because Topanga wouldn't do that, she just says, I'm a woman. I automatically.
Speaker 2: Woman, I'm a woman, And before.
Speaker 3: You go, will you explain starry Night to me?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Pang is not yet, you can't do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it would have been such a wonderful wrap up for Tapanga to go from that Phoenie scene to then hearing her speech, you know, and that's kind of where I wanted it to go. And I forgot that Shawn's actually the one to give the speech.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, oh, I know, Oh, I just.
Speaker 1: Wish that Seawn's speech was such a slam dunk a message. It was like if Sean got up there and was like, I'm not supposed to be giving this speech, but i am because and then says something so poetic or so beautiful and like describes something that everybody can relate to in a way that you know, and like I'm not the valedictorian because of this, but I am this and this is what you are and that's an amazing you know, I've changed it. Like we like we talked about like I came from nothing. I came from a trailer park. I have nothing, And because of this school I'm now going to go on to because of.
Speaker 3: These people who believe these people myself and now I've gotten accepted into Penbrook and I'm not gonna make the same mistakes here. I'm gonna you know, do better there or whatever.
Speaker 1: Right, And also so this is a message to other people. Instead it just becomes a self indulgent, sentimental thing of like I could have done better. I'm so sad. I'm so sad, which is not motivating. No, No, it's just like whoa, that's intense, you know.
Speaker 2: Through like yeah I shouldn't. The writers just really really.
Speaker 1: Liked me doing the like also like that Sean. They just like Sean sad. They like like puppy dog sad Sean. And so it's like they just kind of wrote that and it's not this. I don't know, it's not as meaningful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because they he easily could have to Panga could have given the speech and then walked back and they still would have had the same ending that they had before.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not well, we needed to Panga be sitting down.
Speaker 4: Well, ten things happened between them and the proposal, so she easily could have been back in her seat.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it doesn't This was strange to me.
Speaker 3: Ladies and gentlemen, My good friend Sean Hunter. Sean pulls a letter out of his gown and grins at Corey, Hey, you only go to high school. Once. He walks up to the podium and gives to Panga a big hug. He begins by thanking to Panga and revealing you know I read her speech. It kicked butt. He continues. I attended John Adams High School sporadically during the last four years. I barely have a C average. That's why I'm here, he explains it. When mister Feeney's very last assignment was to write about his feelings this week, his reaction was the same as always. I can't wait to get out of here. In the stands to Panga tells Corey, I know what I want to do with my life, but Corey shushes her. Shawn is speaking in public. This will never happen again in their lives. Sean continues, But now high school is over, and just when I'm finally free, I find myself sneaking back into this place and sitting in the hall thinking about my friends and all the time we spent there. He started thinking about mister Feenie too, because he always told them what to do. Without telling them what to do, You taught us about life. He was thinking about how much this place has been his home, how many times he screwed up while he was here, how I could have done better. I could have done better, Yes, start his papers.
Speaker 1: I mean that's pretty it's actually it's pretty great. He is direct to Feenie and admitting that I didn't. I just want the resolve to be like, well, I could have done better, and therefore I'm going to move forward. Yeah, just that, it's just needs another thirty seconds of real summation of yeah, but instead it's just emotional Sean.
Speaker 3: He folds up his final paper.
Speaker 2: That's what I wrote.
Speaker 3: That's how I feel. I'm sorry I could have done better. Congratulations to those of you who did.
Speaker 2: In fact, devaledictorian should have given the speech right.
Speaker 3: The audience applauds loudly for Sean, and as he returns to his seat, Phoene, shit, exactly like that. Well, Phoene shakes his hand. That was a fine paper. No one could have done better.
Speaker 1: I think probably could have.
Speaker 4: I also think he called it fine for a reason. That's what Susan say. Fine is the other F word.
Speaker 2: How do you look? You look fine? Oh great, that's the other word.
Speaker 3: So yeah. Phoene retakes the podium and announces now I would like to say something just then Eric shoots up from the crowd and have graduates. No, you're not going anywhere. Hi everybody, Hi, mom, Hi dad. Eric walks down the bleachers, maneuvering through the students and wearing a very cool soon right right, I me too, It's so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it looks pretty styling.
Speaker 3: Hey, kids, congratulations. He lands at Phoene and grabs the mic. As most of you already at the end of this school year, mister Feenie will be retiring as a former student at John Adams High. It made me real mad. His voice deepens. Hello, I'm Eric Matthews. Phoene tries to grab the microphone but is unsuccessful. Eric shouts back off. Old Man Corey is concerned, but Eric assures him he knows what he's doing. Eric says into the mic, mister Feenie, I could tell you what I think about you, but it would just come out a bunch of words, and I know that nobody could say it better than a little girl named Lulu. He ac cues the music and grabs Pheeney's shoulders to sway him back and forth. We see some of the students faces. They are confused, and rightfully so. Eric begins to sing to Sir with love. Phoene tries to escape, but Eric yanks him back into his arms. In the audience, Alan whispers to his family, come on, let's get out of here. Eric continues to sing, not realizing his family is fleeing from embarrassment. Phoeney finally breaks free from Eric's grasp and sits back down. Eric, still singing, decides to lay across David and Wesley, who are sitting right next to mister Feenie. His head lays in poor Phoene's lap, who was just unsure what to do now.
Speaker 1: I remember correctly, will you like worked on this all week with the song, and I remember you saying like that in practice, you were singing it more straight like, and then when you got out here, you just like went, well, well yeah.
Speaker 2: Michael came up.
Speaker 4: To me, He's like, hey, I need to talk to you. You singing this week? I went like, what is you singing this week? We got you with a professional coach, right, And so for a week, for like two hours a day, I went and was learning to with the guy on the piano, like learning to sing to serve with love, really heartfelt, and in my head the whole time, I was like, this isn't how I'm gonna do it right, This is a joke, Like I'm not going to actually get out there and serenade him. I've got to Eric serenade him, and so yeah, it was strange to like have to work on it a note, you gotta hit this note, and we got to do and it was it was a fun way for like to have the vocal practice, to be honest with you, but it had.
Speaker 2: Nothing to do with the final performance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so funny to me because obviously we've had another of heartfelt, sentimental little moment here where Sean has kind of brought the mood down with his I could have done better thing, and we desperately need the comedic relief. But I so loved the sentimental ending between Eric and Feenie of last week where you said, if I'm really really quiet, will you stay? And then this song, which is a very funny moment, but it goes on for a little too long, the whole song, Yes, the whole thing, and yeah, I don't know, I feel it. So it was so funny. It would have been so funny for like a few seconds, and then when he breaks away, something else has to happen, but.
Speaker 2: He cut it off. I agree, Yeah, it was it went on too long.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Franky and Joey are there and they love the performance. Eric's rendition is becoming more and more passionate, until Feeni has had enough and he pushes him to the ground. Eric is determined to finish and he jumps up for a big finale. Corey, Sean and Tapanga look on in horror of our mouths.
Speaker 4: Again, those are that one reaction shot was hysterical.
Speaker 3: I know, with all three of us make it in the same pace. And then we transition into later At the graduation ceremony, Foene is proudly handing a diploma to Seawan Hunter.
Speaker 2: Do you remember this?
Speaker 4: Do you remember what we were doing the entire time during rehearsal, which was just so fun?
Speaker 1: That's right, we would not god, So, yeah, so there was.
Speaker 2: It was for the whole week of rehearsal.
Speaker 4: It was usually just Mattie and I sitting in the audience, and then it was matt and then Rusty came in and the family came in. And so what we were doing what we went to during rehearsal and for run throughs, is that every time Bill would say somebody's name like and Shawn Hunter, screaming, clapping, going nuts like we're the whole audience yeah, yeah, he got to court Corey Matthews, dead silence.
Speaker 2: Nobody made a sound, and so we were doing it for he was walking.
Speaker 4: Guys were having so much to the point we were doing it again.
Speaker 1: I remember looking angry and quiet, trying to smile.
Speaker 4: Because we're just going Angela who pangers Corey Matthews.
Speaker 2: We had so much fun. Oh, he was getting so rankled. He's come on, come.
Speaker 3: On, that's so funny. So Phoene is probably handing a diploma to Sean Hunter. Jack tells those of plauding around him in the crowd, that's my little brother right there, and they all shush him, which seems like an insane thing to do at a graduation. Sean embraces Corey into Panga before taking a seat. Phoenie calls to Panga Lawrence and she beams as she receives the diploma. She walks back to the two boys and gives them another hug. Phoene calls Corey Matthews and he excitedly takes his diploma, showing it off to his parents, who are sitting in the crowd. The hugs continue as he grabs Tapanga and Sean, and then Phoenie calls Stuart Minkus. He gets his diploma and turns to the group to celebrate. After a little deliberation, they all stand up and happily give him a bit group hug.
Speaker 1: Can anybody else notice?
Speaker 4: Matthews mincis more it's like everybody on her show's last name ends with an M.
Speaker 3: I know, well it's Laura, yeah, and then Lawrence. It actually goes pretty well in order. There's not a ton of names, you know, in between. It's not too had.
Speaker 2: At a lot of m last names on our show. Yeah we did ye.
Speaker 3: Angela Moore is called next, and she and Sean hugg Once she places her tassel on the other side of her cap pregnant, you're.
Speaker 2: Just like she's graduating for two you can tell.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, Corey picks up his conversation with Tapanga. So you were going to say something? Was it important? Topeka asks, you mean that I decided what I want to do with my life. Corey nods yeah, that. Tapega explains mister Feoene says that I should go to Yale unless I have a really good reason not to. Corey tells her there isn't any good reason, but Tapanga disagrees, Actually there is. She starts to explain, but is interrupted by Phoene officially introducing the John Adams High School class of nineteen hundred and ninety eight, the graduate.
Speaker 2: Graduating class here n nine ninety seven. Okay, ninety four, cool, cool, just check it.
Speaker 3: Just a graduate stand yet the graduate stand with pride except for Topanga. She holds Corey's arm and asks, will you marry me? Corey sits back down as soft music plays in the background. He looks like he's seen a ghost when this bomb means well, so there it is. There's our season five recap, rest in peace. I guess mister Turner and.
Speaker 4: Micascas, Allan Myerson, Frankie and Joey.
Speaker 2: Frankie and Joey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a season?
Speaker 3: All right? So this is ABC dot dot com. Oh yeah, presented by Jello. Oh and look at the uh who wants to be Okay?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: That was after the fact, yeah, after the fact. So, but they had one. It was like this for before which wedding ideas do you like best?
Speaker 1: Should we have the wedding?
Speaker 3: Yeah's parents in a hotel outside which you check out my video before you start? Will you click on that Okay, so it's a pink page. It has our wedding, which wedding ideas? Do you like best? Answer all the questions and let us know. Plus, if you like, check out my video before you start, thanks to Panga.
Speaker 2: Did you do a video?
Speaker 3: I know that's what I'm wondering.
Speaker 5: The video is no longer hosted on there.
Speaker 1: I can't get the video.
Speaker 2: Oh no you, I mean you must have.
Speaker 3: I must have.
Speaker 2: You're not going to cut to somebody else. So this is.
Speaker 3: Definitely the website for after we had where we were getting married? Where's the poll?
Speaker 5: So a lot this is from wayback Machine, which like catalogs old websites, and a lot of the poll results won't come up. There's a photo album that I don't think will load all the way but.
Speaker 4: Memory's but but there we go to listen. Click each picture to hear marriage boy.
Speaker 3: A little picture of young Ben. Click to listen. Apparently there was a message there is there are there more pictures? Or is that the only one that loads?
Speaker 5: It looks like that's the only one.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a terrible photo.
Speaker 1: And see I'm wondering if there really was a poll for whether they should get married That's what I want to know, because this.
Speaker 3: Is where I remember it. I do remember it. I remember it being a big and I remember going to it and there being like a vote a vote thing.
Speaker 2: Did you vote?
Speaker 3: I think I did.
Speaker 2: Did you Did you vote yeay or nay?
Speaker 3: I think I voted yay okay. I don't remember, but I think I probably would have.
Speaker 4: There would have been some some great irony about you voting against it.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think you did.
Speaker 1: I think at the time I was to the audience after to Panga and propose.
Speaker 3: I think it was this summer. So, yeah, this entire break.
Speaker 1: So the idea that if the poll failed, then what you guys?
Speaker 3: His answer would be no, oh okay because the next episode, our next episode recap will be season six, episode one, which is titled his Answer Part one.
Speaker 2: So are we taking a break? We sure?
Speaker 3: Are Are we taking a gap year?
Speaker 2: We are.
Speaker 3: We're taking a gap year. We're doing a very modern day graduate from high school thing. We're going to be taking a gap year before we enter college. The gap year will not actually be a full year, but it will be Yeah. No, we're not going to take a full year, but we are going to take a little bit of time to give ourselves a break before we jump into the next season.
Speaker 2: It is just time for us to go to the gap, right.
Speaker 3: Exactly sweet. So we will be having some very very fun episodes before we dive into season six, including the return of brah Meets World next week. And then we are also going to do season drafts for season's four. And we didn't do a season four draft, and a lot of you called us out on it. A lot of you said, what the hell, where's my season four draft? And we don't want to leave you hanging, So we're gonna do a season four draft and then we'll do a season five.
Speaker 1: To lose again, so we can't.
Speaker 4: We never even got the I think I might have won the film Festival the film Festival, which is why nobody told me, because they're like, we don't want Will to know that he actually didn't come in last price.
Speaker 3: I was just told you'll get the results soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't buy that. I don't buy it. Buy it.
Speaker 3: We'll find out another really wonderful Feoene episode. We also have a cliffhanger about Phoenie. Is he gonna retire? What's he gonna do? Non nou and we have a very special Christmas surprise for you all. We are very excited to reveal it to you, so stay tuned for a special Bill Daniels Christmas episode coming to you soon. Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com, and we have merch to merch with Podmeetsworldshow dot com will send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 4: Podmeets World is nheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers Jensenkarp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara Sudbaksch, producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World superfan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at podmeets World Show or email us at Podmeets Worldshow at gmail dot com