Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This he's Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Screaming live from the Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at.
Speaker 4: The Star in Priscillius dot TIXI touchdown and now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 2: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas.
Speaker 5: In the s WBC studios. Welcome in, everybody.
Speaker 2: We've got Patrick Noci Walker, Josh Rodriguez, We've got Jasmin Marshall in the back running the ship today. I'm Kyle Yeoman's glad you're with us. Come on in, everybody and give us a call. Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. Here's the We broke some records, not records, but we set a new new high Talking Cowboys record because a season high of eleven calls last week. We're gonna try and hit it today. We're gonna try and get to a dozen. Yeah, a dozen calls on the line. We've already got a couple on the line. Give us a call eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. So in order to do that, we're gonna have to be quick here. Let's get in some news and notes. We're gonna try and break some records.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, So we're still waiting to hear an update on the situation with Jordan Lewis with his elbow. Like I said, I talked to Jordan after the game on Sunday and he told me that he has full mobility. He was just waiting to get some MRI results done. And that's you know, we're still waiting to see what that is. DeMarcus Lawrence the Cowboys, it doesn't sound like they're going to activate his twenty one day window for practice this week either. And as we go into this game, which being the third to final game, is looking more and more like DeMarcus Lawrence may not retake the field in twenty twenty four. Might be a twenty twenty five situation that you're looking at as he continues to rehab from his foot injury.
Speaker 7: That has him on IR.
Speaker 6: We'll see effective next, you know, tomorrow, as a matter of fact, when they get back to practice.
Speaker 7: What the status is going to be.
Speaker 6: For a guy like Cooper Bebe who was in the concussion protocol, so he was ruled out for the game against the Panthers.
Speaker 7: Let's see if he can make it back this week. And then you have TJ. Bass.
Speaker 6: We're still waiting for some MRI results on him as well, with a thigh issue that cost him a couple of snaps in the game against the Panthers.
Speaker 7: So, Jose are just injury report situations.
Speaker 6: We'll get a lot more answers effective tomorrow Wednesday, like I said, when the Cowboys get back on the practice field. And then Jerry Jones spoke today to one O five three the Fan. There are several takeaways from that. One of the more interesting ones. First of all, headline statement that we all knew, Jerry Jones Stephen Jones, the Dallas Cowboys have Michael Parsons in their plans for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 7: I know there's some speculation and.
Speaker 6: Trade rumors out there, but they have time and time again said that Michael Parsons has been baked in to the trifect, the triumvirate, if you will, of Ceedee Lamb, Dak Prescott and Micah being the three biggest cornerstone guys so Stephen Jones reiterated it. This week. Jerry Jones just reiterated it. They are going to give everything they can to keep Micah in the building. But one of the biggest takeaways that I had was something that we touched on. I believe it was yesterday, might have been late last week. I losing track of my days because it's the Simper baby. He was asked Jerry Jones was if he views the mikes, Mike McCarthy, Mike Zimmer as being tied together, and he said, to a degree, he does tie them together. So when you're looking at the twenty twenty five out look, I know you posed a question, Kyle. If McCarthy's back in the building, is Zimmer in the building. If McCarthy's not in the building, it's Zimmer in the building. So looks as if as the defense starts to turn this corner, and as the team as a whole continues to prove they're not giving up under the regime of Mike McCarthy, regardless of all this mountain of adversity, it might be a situation where both mikes are back in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 7: I'm curious to see what the fans think about that.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you finished the season with a winning record, I don't know how you You don't look at the sample size that they've given you this season when the chips are down, and the chips have been down many times and.
Speaker 9: They're all uninjured reserve exactly.
Speaker 8: So I don't know, man, because I think everyone's a lot vocal majority of the Cowboys fans are begging for a change, right Yes, they're begging for something new. We need to see something new, and it feels to me this doesn't feel like the Jason Garrett era, where it was a lot of the same things, the same bugs.
Speaker 5: Media would buy you exactly.
Speaker 9: I didn't want to say that necessarily.
Speaker 5: That's part of what it was eight, Nate and seven.
Speaker 8: But something that Mike g seven and nine, that Michael Michael, Mike McCarthy said earlier this week was the fact that he wanted to build a winning culture. And I think you've done that. I really think you have over the past three seasons. You've won twelve games each and every season this season notwithstanding. But if you look at the cards we were dealt this season, I don't know how one could pull twelve wins out of this team.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 5: I think I'm with you. I am.
Speaker 9: There's a growing to see a change.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a growing contingency of Cowboys fans that are out there that are saying, why not run it back?
Speaker 5: Because of that very much that very same reason.
Speaker 2: Let's get Mike McCarthy, Let's get Mike Zimmer back into the fold, and then maybe we can take this thing full strength and full head of steam.
Speaker 5: Maybe you sign a free agent or two.
Speaker 2: Even though I know the groundwork is already being laid for another disappointing off season of spending. However, I don't like. Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 7: I'm far off from active disappointment from.
Speaker 2: That mindset, I'm not far off from that because at least going into the year, you were saying, okay, it's playoff runner bust for for Mike McCarthy and this staff championship or for a lot of people, very much so. And the cards that were dealt and the team that was there, No, they weren't playing well.
Speaker 5: Before a lot of these injuries hit.
Speaker 2: But I still find it hard to believe that you're gonna go out there and my question becomes, who the hell are you gonna go get who else is out there that's going to coach this team better than what these guys have shown you they can coach this year.
Speaker 9: I think the one guy that it was it's tough to find.
Speaker 5: There might be a name out there. There might be.
Speaker 8: I think the one guy that was, the one guy that you'd actually considered, is not available.
Speaker 5: And see now in Chapel Hill, North Carolina.
Speaker 9: Quite possible. Okay, I think that's the one guy with that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I'm final too. I didn't want that either.
Speaker 7: That was that was not on my list.
Speaker 9: No, No, I was not yours.
Speaker 7: But I'm vocal about that.
Speaker 6: I'd like, there are there are other options, and I'm willing to have the conversation with fans, and I've had the conversation with fans as far as other options outside of McCarthy. Sure Carthy was to be moved on from, but Belichick was not.
Speaker 7: He was not it for me.
Speaker 9: Keep saying here, no, and granted I think that's our opinion. I don't know that was the opinion of their opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Start naming names, right you start, You start throwing out these names, and I can't throw a ton of them out there because they're contracted by other NFL teams. But you start throwing these names out there and all the rumors of who it could be next. Oh they're on the Cowboys radar. None of them excite me, none of them.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 2: And it's one of those grass ain't greener on the other side sort of conversations, right, And maybe that's something that is better in the future, or maybe you have something up your sleeve, but right this second, and I find it hard to believe because of the coaching job that they've done over on the other side, with what they've been given down the stretch.
Speaker 5: Remember, they lost.
Speaker 2: Two defensive starters this past week and had one of their better defensive pads period alone alone, and you've had any more outside of that. I'm not saying that their coaching position has been perfect, and there's been a lot of times we've been very very critical of the coaching, especially play calling aspects of it too, But I I've been very impressed down the stretch of how they've been able to overcome some of that adversity and play better and better despite those challenges.
Speaker 8: And when you lose five games in a row, that becomes a narrative, right when you lose five games, or in the middle of the losing, you're like, this is blow it up, blow it up, this is the worst.
Speaker 5: I was one of those people.
Speaker 9: Now it changes a bit.
Speaker 5: I don't think I'm there anymore.
Speaker 8: It changes quite a bit when you're able to galvanize a team behind you my point and not lose the team, because at no point in the season have you ever been like, oh, they gave on you.
Speaker 5: That's been the most impressive part of this whole season.
Speaker 6: You're three to one in your last four despite continued catastrophic losses season ending Zach Maart de Marveonov's shown Trayvon Diggs now.
Speaker 7: And out playing well.
Speaker 6: Right, So when you when you look at the back end of the season, if they finished, continue to finish out strong, galvanized, if you will. And let's say they take a win against the Philadelphia Eagles. Let's say they upset the Eagles because they have nothing to lose the Cowboys do they could play loose free?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right, Let's say they go to Philadelphia.
Speaker 6: In that wind streak and right and in that wind street, and then let's say let's say they drop one of these next three probably gone.
Speaker 9: Probably Okay, there's a good chance.
Speaker 5: You lose two of your last three or all of your life.
Speaker 6: What if you take two of the last three and your last three are Tampa Bay, Philadelphia and Washington commander's three playoff team Huge? Then it circles back to what we talked about a couple of weeks ago. Would we be comfortable bringing back McCarthy. I said, you'd split the difference on that, and my answer would then be yes, not necessarily a five year, but you give me a two year so you can say short term, you're gonna get all your guys back. Now, let's see what you can do with a healthy cast, you and Mike Zimmer together. I would be fine with that if you finish out strong, if you build off this three and one and you fit win two of your next three, one of those being within the division, preferably in Philadelphia, because how freaking fun would that be?
Speaker 9: Fun?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think that you really have to justifiably entertain keeping Mike around, even if it's just for a couple more seasons, and there's.
Speaker 5: A lot of hypothetical still to be had.
Speaker 2: Well, of course, no way we're going to break twelve calls, but that is that's a needed conversation. I think so that it's it's going to continue over these last three games.
Speaker 5: And I guarantee you if they.
Speaker 2: If they lose the last three games, it's not going to feel the same as it did in the middle of the season when everybody was saying, oh, let's blow this thing up, because of the way that they've kept this locker room around and kept the spirits high despite what has been just a detrimental season across the board. All right, let's go to NEBBI and Silver Stream, Silver Spring, Maryland. NEBBI, you're on talking Cowboys.
Speaker 5: What's going on? My friend?
Speaker 10: Hi, guys, thank you so much for taking my call. Listen, I just want to say, first of all, what is Cooper BB's status for this upcoming week. Do you think he's going to be able to clear concussion protocol? I I I I in time for him to play against the Bugs. Uh uh uh uh when we play them on Sunday Night football this coming Sunday night. And I also want to say that I'm a huge fan of Ben Johnson, as I've said in the past, So if we move on from Mike McCarthy, I want us to hire Ben Johnson, although to be honest, I know that's wishful thinking and I and I just want to make it abundantly clear.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 10: And just so you know, I am only bringing this up because I've heard reports about us possibly trading Michael Parsons, and I want you to know that that I would be absolutely furious, huh if we if we were to move on from Michael Persons. Uh. I hope that we give him a huge contract extension. Uh, and that hopefully he'll be a Dallas Cowboy his entire career. And before I go, I just want to say, I'm hoping that even though it's not practical for us to make the playoffs, I'm hoping that we win out so that if nothing else, we will have a winning season. Take care, Thank you so much for being patient with me, and have a great week. Bye.
Speaker 5: Thanks Thanks Navy, Love you man. Uh, Nabby noseball always always got to hit that. And we know this, Yeah, we know it, Mike.
Speaker 2: I think we all kind of shared that same sentiment, same kind of thing across the board.
Speaker 7: Scrap scraped that speculation.
Speaker 2: The only people talking about it are the people in the media. Let me just as far as I.
Speaker 8: Know, and honestly with it the same here before the season started, I was in that same camp I was. I was feeling a type of way about Michael Parsons, and.
Speaker 5: It's intriguing because there's there's gonna be a whole.
Speaker 9: Because you work how much you can you get such a talented player.
Speaker 7: It was neverharsal Walk.
Speaker 8: It was never his talent that was in doubt for me. It was it was the leadership for me. But man telling me, you see the season, how it's gone and the impact that he had on the defense when he came back and he's about to have a ten sex season still.
Speaker 6: Now you hear Micah in the season like this, and he constantly says, we're not giving up. And he's not saying that, just simply saying he believes they're a win. He said it after a loss, after gutting loss. He's like, we're not giving up. I'm trying to be the bright light in the room. And he continues to show the leadership and he believes it so absolutely. As far as Jen Benson can't really speak on Jien Bunson that brought him up, Yeah, well he's one of the options that fans opinion on him, But he's one of the ones that fans are talking about, and based on what fans are saying, fans are excited about the possibility of that being a thing. What I will refer you to Nebbie and everyone who's listening is the conversations we've had on talking about his salary requirement. It would be significant, it is significant, and I don't know that the Cowboys going to be comfortable with that in addition to giving that type of money to an unproven NFL head coach who they who may or may not hit the ground running as a head coach.
Speaker 7: So that's my on that.
Speaker 6: As far as Cooper bebe, I will not, cannot, shall not speculate on concussion protocol. We just know that he's in it right now. It's a little bit different from the Jake Ferguson situation that Jake Ferguson missed two games because largely because those two games were within a four day window, whereas Cooper bb he has more time coming out of the Carolina game. So yes, there's better, there are better odds that he'll take the field Sunday Night Football against the visiting Buccaneers. But we will not know until we know because it is concussion protocol. And I mean it's it's specialists, it's nerologists, it's not the.
Speaker 7: Cowboys that make that determination, is what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, and I completely agree. I think there's there's a chance he's back this week. I think, uh, there was some I'm gonna I'm gonna hold this one close to the chests for a little bit. I'll continue with that later on with another Cooper BB conversation.
Speaker 5: But I think you can anticipate him being back this week.
Speaker 2: I really there's a time shot to be back, and it's a Sunday night game.
Speaker 5: They don't have to make. It's all.
Speaker 2: It's not a decision, right, it's not before a travel day like all that kind of thing, all that place factor.
Speaker 9: Don't take brock Offman off the field.
Speaker 7: Well you can't because you don't even you don't have Yeah, that's as long as brock we are the advocates.
Speaker 2: Final final thing on on Ben Johnson and what he brings. Since Neddie brought him up, he would be a name high on the.
Speaker 7: List of that's favable you would.
Speaker 9: Hope sign for me.
Speaker 7: Where I was saying, Belichick was not on my list.
Speaker 2: Ben Johnson there is up there, but again this is all just speculation, and Neddy brought.
Speaker 7: Him up first, and we were find a fan.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Brian in Kansas City. Brian, you're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Good morning, gentlemen, Good morning Brian. How are you hey? Doing excellence? A little cold up here, but you know, hey, this is not the Mickey Spagnola weather Report.
Speaker 7: We'll move on.
Speaker 5: That's a favorite, no kidding. Hey, So I got two roster questions.
Speaker 10: This is kind of going forward. You know. Now I'm trying.
Speaker 6: I'm watching the Cowboys for you know, what can I see from individual players development?
Speaker 10: So I have a question, if it was you, not.
Speaker 11: Not, what do you think the Cowboys are going to do for you?
Speaker 7: Three guys?
Speaker 12: If it was you, would you keep brock k Hoffman at center.
Speaker 11: And put bb guard is natural position?
Speaker 5: Gods, talk to your evil question.
Speaker 7: I know I have an evil cackle.
Speaker 11: After I was waiting, I was waiting on Jazz to give me a drop for it.
Speaker 10: I didn't have I didn't have it ready.
Speaker 7: Some people just like to see the world burn.
Speaker 10: Anyway, that's my question. You all all hang up and listen, have a great one.
Speaker 5: Appreciate Brian.
Speaker 7: It is interesting.
Speaker 5: I mean brock who.
Speaker 2: The question then comes down in that scenario is who do you like better? Do you like brock Hoffman the guard better? Do you like brock Hoffman the center better?
Speaker 9: I like brock Hoffman on the field, and that's that's fine, that's here.
Speaker 7: I am with it.
Speaker 6: As long as he's on the field. Then I like Cooper Bebe the center better. Yes, yeah, especially future tints.
Speaker 2: And you're seeing the versatility right now because of it, because you have TJ Bass that you have confidence in the step in a guard too. Still, Zach Martin is still on this roster even moving forward.
Speaker 5: It's an interesting question.
Speaker 2: It is because you can go into the off season and you can say, you know what, let's say Zach Martin hypothetical he has done. Let's say he is and his career comes to a close. Then you push Hoffman to center full time, you push bb to guard full time, and see what you got there.
Speaker 9: I don't think you do it. I don't think you do it.
Speaker 5: I don't think so either, but it would be interesting.
Speaker 9: But I don't hate either option. No, I really don't.
Speaker 8: I think there are both solid options, But to me, what's really important is finding a.
Speaker 9: Way to keep brock Hoffman on the face.
Speaker 2: And remember, genuinely, BB did beat brock Hoffman quickly because Brock Coffin. There were times in training camp where you and I were sitting there watching drills together and it was like, a.
Speaker 5: Brock Coffin's gonna win this job.
Speaker 2: Brock's gonna win this Cooper b B struggling, he can't figure out the snap side of things, and then figure out to Mama BB that happened.
Speaker 8: You want him next to BB, you want you want that attitude on the On the I.
Speaker 6: Think we're all in agreement, including Brian. We want in the event that Zach Martin does call it a career, we want Brock Kffman and BB on the field at the same time. Whatever your orientation I want, I don't think you can wright. I don't think you can go wrong as far as if it's Hoff minute center, BB at guard, BB at guard, hoff minute center, personal preference, though, keep BB at center, brockaff Min at guard and Prosper.
Speaker 2: Agreed, agreed. I like it though. I like provoking conversations like that too. You mean evil questions, baby, We're gonna take a break when we come back.
Speaker 5: More talking Tuesday. We're only two callers in.
Speaker 2: We gotta get ten more callers eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 5: We'll see you right after the break.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some Black Rifle coffee.
Speaker 5: Today.
Speaker 3: Tod thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per But the good news is Todd has at and T five g It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew at and t five G Fast, reliable, Secure.
Speaker 13: Five D requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 2: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 5: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 9: If you shout how about them cowboys?
Speaker 14: You have that undeniable passion that's the heart of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be.
Speaker 9: Beat better yet.
Speaker 14: Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 9: The wins will be even tastier. It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboys. Welcome back into it Talking Tuesday.
Speaker 2: This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official oatmeal sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Quaker Oats trusted since eighteen seventy seven. All Right, Quaker codes in the corner, scan it, get your Oats on the internet, make it happen.
Speaker 5: However, we've got to get to these phone calls. Let's go to Josh in Chicago. Josh, you're on Talking Cowboys. What's going on?
Speaker 11: Hey, guys, how you doing today?
Speaker 5: Great?
Speaker 9: How are you Someboddy?
Speaker 11: Not bad? Not bad at all. So just real quick on the coaches. I just want to say I kind of agree with Patrick. If Mike comes back, and I'm talking about Mike McCarthy, I'm giving him like a two year window, nothing longer. And I honestly I don't mind that I thought it should have been done before the season started. I think, you know, three twelve and five. I get it, he didn't make it to the NFC Championship playoffs struggles, but you know, the thirty year drought isn't his fault alone. The other thing I have to say is if we do move on there, I think, you know, Zim kind of had some struggles with the defense early, and I wonder how much they believe in him. But you know, say his name and he appears. I believe in Al Harris.
Speaker 7: He just give us the Joe Hendry I love.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, I know you guys would like that.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, we love ourselves some Mal Harris on this show.
Speaker 7: No, he hit us with the with the the Joe.
Speaker 2: I like Al Harris as a defensive coordinator, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: I know that, Joe.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I would love to see Al Harris as a defensive coordinator. But honestly, I think he's a culture guy and I think the team believes in him. I wouldn't mind seeing him in the head coach role either.
Speaker 10: That's just me. I'll hang up on to yell too.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Josh, appreciate that chaos, My man, Josh, that's two chaos grenades in a row.
Speaker 5: This is good. This is good.
Speaker 2: Start Cooper, do it it out these guys crazy.
Speaker 7: But no, we did. We did talk. We talked about the DC conversation.
Speaker 6: As far as I do believe Al Harris qualifies for defensive coordinator, and I believe that going into this season before they brought Mike Zimmer in, Al Harris was my my front runner, my lead horse to get that role. And you know, obviously they went with reunion with Mike Zimmer, but that doesn't change even with Mike Zimmer, you know, turning the corner on the back end of the season with the defensive pieces that he has, and they are in pieces right now, shambles if you will, I'm still you know, if they're having the DC conversation, for me, it's still Al Harris, okay, versus Mike Zimmer. But you do not take Al Harris out of that DC conversation for Dallas, especially if you want to keep him in the building, because I think I feel like, given his talent, giving how other teams are going to view him and his ability to develop, if you don't give him a bigger role that he got the assistant head coach. But if you maybe don't give him his own defense, you got to ask yourself, will someone else do it?
Speaker 7: Like what Seattle did with eight and dirty.
Speaker 5: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: And that's the thing when you look at this team and you look at them from the outside end, by the way, give us a call eight eight eight five five two two ninety seven. If you look at this team from the outside looking in, with all of the injuries, all of the adversity that you've seen from a roster standpoint, who are the guys next man up? Mentality that we've talked about the most. Josh Butler Amonio will warr you.
Speaker 6: I'm continuing on with Day Carson before he got hurt.
Speaker 5: I know he kind of had some rough patches. Gosh, I forgot about Kayln Carson. That's another name.
Speaker 2: I mean that was a yeah, yeah, just thinking about it, you got a lot of him again on the radar early people.
Speaker 5: Let's say one Day.
Speaker 2: Thomas, all these guys, I mean, these guys that have stepped up, Mark Spell before he got hurt, all these guys that have stepped up in a big way, who are they under the umbrella.
Speaker 9: Of one Al Harris.
Speaker 2: So if there's one piece of coaching and one element of coaching that you're confident in on that defensive side. Sure, you've had a lot of rotating in that front sevens playing better, and there's a lot of credit that deserves to go upfront to at least over the last three games consistently throughout the season, when when, when, for lack of a better term, when the crap has hit the fan, you've had Al Harris step up and these guys have responded in a big way despite a revolving door at corner and revolving door at safety at different times this year.
Speaker 9: One hundred percent.
Speaker 8: And of course it wasn't until the defensive line sort of became intact, when you actually had depth there, that it actually all started to click. And you all a lot of that to Michael Parsons, but again a lot to Al Harris as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's it's really night and day.
Speaker 8: And I'm my fear is that if it's the same crew next year, if it's Mike McCarthy, if it's Mike Zimmerg, you don't get Al Harris because he is going to take that next step.
Speaker 2: In order for somebody to pluck him, he would have to be a defensive coordinator, right, yeah, because that's the only.
Speaker 9: Other promotion he can get along the way. Okay, good enough?
Speaker 2: Eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. We had a couple of lines open. I think they both dropped.
Speaker 6: So what do you there? Prepared to throw those chaos grenades?
Speaker 9: I stole somebody's call, That's what it was.
Speaker 5: Was that what it.
Speaker 2: Eight eight eight five five two two nine seven. The phone lines are open? Uh, going into this matchup, of course tomorrow we're going to preview Cowboys defense going up against the Tampa Bay offense.
Speaker 5: Tampa Bay's looking pretty good.
Speaker 6: They are looking protect offenses with the return of Mike Evans from injury.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they are doing some things.
Speaker 9: Mike conversation, Yes, I think you should.
Speaker 7: How could he not be?
Speaker 9: I don't know how he couldn't be.
Speaker 6: Mike Evans, he's about to have He's had a thousand yards years every year since Moses parted the Rids seat. Yeah, Mike Evans is one hundred.
Speaker 2: He would have eleven and this would this would be if he ends up even with the injury in the ir stint, he only needs like one hundred and twenty eight hundred and thirty yards.
Speaker 8: It's a no brainer to be But what what is the devil's advocate here? Why wouldn't he make the hall?
Speaker 6: There's only one devil's advocate. Oh he doesn't have a ring, that's always he does have a ring. Oh yeah, he does, right with that's pretty so then there is no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he hasn't won.
Speaker 2: Actually forgot, he hasn't been But yeah, he's won a ring and he's done it. He's done everything that you're we're talking about here over those ten seasons, just made a number of quarterbacks. He's done it with Jameis Winston. Yeah, he's done it with god knows who was in between Jameis Winston and Tom Brady. He's done it with Baker Mayfield. Now, like it doesn't matter who's throwing on the football, he's still doing it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: He may not be like a first ballot guy. It may not be like immediate, like lock first ball.
Speaker 6: He should be though, because think about this, that's tough. He is in the same breath. Although I would argue statistically a little bit greater than a couple of the names I'm about to say, Andre Johnson, right, not first ballot, But no, my point is Hall of Famer. So in the conversation of Hall of Famer, Mike Evis is a Hall of Famer. Now, if you want to push Mike Evans over to the first ballot over Andre Johnson, you say, well, he has a ring Mike Evans does.
Speaker 7: And look at the consistency.
Speaker 6: Year in year out, year in year out, no matter who the quarterback has been, right, and then the other name.
Speaker 7: It just escaped me.
Speaker 6: There was another one, Oh Megatron, Right, So Megatron is there. You go, he's going to be in and he doesn't have the jewelry that that Mike Evans has.
Speaker 5: So but he had more status.
Speaker 6: Not get what you're saying, but that's the air. So Andre Johnson, Megatron, and Mike.
Speaker 2: Mike Evans is a top eight wide receiver all time, all time, all time. I couldn't say that there have only been seven first ballot wide receivers that's all time, Yeah, cause.
Speaker 9: I only the last two are Randy Mass and Calvin Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jerry Rice, Steve Largent, Paul Warfield, that's Raymond Berry.
Speaker 7: I mean that's a good point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's the only thing I have.
Speaker 7: That's a good point.
Speaker 5: And he's phenomenal.
Speaker 15: This is.
Speaker 7: This day evening.
Speaker 5: All right, let's go I love this. How about this. Let's go all the way out to the great state of Alaska.
Speaker 2: Hey, John's warm.
Speaker 7: Let's go Codd Country.
Speaker 5: What's the tip out there?
Speaker 12: Temperature right now is nineteen degrees.
Speaker 5: Oh that's not too bad. Yeah, that's a warm summer day up there.
Speaker 8: You were just saw cold cases in your free time like that just seems like a thing to do.
Speaker 9: You're just in true detective always.
Speaker 6: Is it true that vampires come out during the months the.
Speaker 7: Sun doesn't run. We've been watching too many movies.
Speaker 5: Three sunlight, three hours of sunlight. That's all you've got right now.
Speaker 12: Oh I'm exaggerating a little bit.
Speaker 5: What's going on? You're on talking cowboys.
Speaker 12: Good to have you, John, Thanks first time. Color.
Speaker 5: I appreciate he absolutely, what's on your mind?
Speaker 12: So just so you know, I get up at six am every morning to listen to you guys talk.
Speaker 9: Love you, appreciate, appreciate you.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 12: So uh, I'm still in the realm of blowing this, blowing this up. And the reason for that is number one, this team is supposed to be reaching for championships, and even though We've had twelve wins every year, which is fantastic in and of itself. We haven't gotten any depth into the playoffs and that's concerned for me. Also, the other part is I still see concerns in the offense, UH that are kind of traits that aren't don't seem to be disappearing, such as not committing to the run when the game is close or we're slightly behind. So I I would love to see somebody else then Johnson on my list, but I think we've missed out on a lot of other of the up and comer offensive gurus that might be out there, like the Shan mcvay's or the Kyle Shanahan. As far as the Parsons trade, I think we need to be honest a little bit. Parsons is not big enough to hold up throughout the entire season, and that's a concern. We need to figure out how to preserve him for later in the season, but I don't think it's worth trading him. If we did, then it would have to be for our players such as Miles Garrett type. In my opinion, you got to get somebody bigger and stronger and can hold up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, or just a huge haul of draft picks. John. We appreciate your call. What part of Alaska are you in.
Speaker 12: I'm about an hour north of Anchorage in a town called Palmer.
Speaker 2: Oh, very cool. Well, we appreciate you listening. We appreciate your support as always. Thanks for giving us a call. Make sure and call next time, too, great call.
Speaker 7: We love Alaska.
Speaker 6: I've been up there, Yeah, I remember you went. We were talking about the one of the things on my boocke lists I want to do with you want her to hold to Alaska. It's just it's just the scenery and I've not been able to experience it, but just seeing it in video in images, the scenery is just.
Speaker 7: Again Alaska.
Speaker 2: What did you think about Mica there at the end, I get what he's trying to say, and I think he's meaning straight injury concerns in terms of not big enough.
Speaker 9: Well, if you look at his resume the past few numbers die.
Speaker 5: The numbers die December January.
Speaker 9: They dive exactly exactly when you need him.
Speaker 5: So I get the concern.
Speaker 8: But you see him working on his conditioning in the off season. I don't think necessarily that's a big part of it. I mean it's it's in the evidence, right, You've seen it. At least this season. I'm seeing different Michael Parsons, and I alluded to that earlier in this episode. I really think you want to see this on this team for the foreseeable future. If he decides to improve his physique or endurance or whatever it is, I'm all for whatever he wants to do, because I think he's making the right decisions.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: Got to be to his point about Mike McCarthy wanted to blow it up. I completely understand where's coming from, because you know, those five lossuits in a row.
Speaker 9: That was not fun. That was not fun.
Speaker 2: That was the lowest I remember covering the Cowboys. That's the lowest I've been here since twenty nineteen. So, dude, I'm one hundredercent and.
Speaker 5: A Cowboys fan all my life and same.
Speaker 9: Year since I started watching.
Speaker 8: I don't think I've ever felt as poorly as I have about the team. Correct, however, he brought up, you know, missing out on coaches like Sean mcgay was so young.
Speaker 6: But for those of us that have experienced nineteen eighty nine, you know, but that's.
Speaker 2: Part of the intrigue that I have now is the fact that they were able to dig out of that even with what they.
Speaker 8: Had exactly, and he's talking about missing out like coaches like Sean McVay, the coaching San Francisco.
Speaker 9: What's his name, Kyle Shannon, Kyle Shannan, Shannan.
Speaker 7: Tree, right, the guy who lost his lucking room.
Speaker 8: He hasn't won a Super Bowl for one And if you look at the last you know five ten coaches that won Super Bowl. I mean only Sean McVay is in that conversation. As far as terms of young head young head coaches, you saw the Andy Reids, you saw have the Bruce Arians.
Speaker 9: Who were winning and dang it, Bill, I know right.
Speaker 8: So to me, man, it's they're hot names, right, They're hot young names. That's that's basically it. That's what you're looking at right now.
Speaker 2: Ask the girl at the ball, Ask New Orleans how that's working out. Ask Miami how it's working out. It's always fun for a little bit, but until you have the ups and the downs and you can work your way out of it. That's why like Sean McVay, like you said, he's on that list as a Super Bowl winning head coach. Absolutely, he's done it before, but they sold out for that and now he's having to go through the back half of that and he's coaching his way out.
Speaker 5: That's what's impressive to me for Sean mack hey.
Speaker 9: He's a great coach. Yeah, no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: Careful falling for the hot girl at the bar exactly. That.
Speaker 8: That's where I'm at, man, because it is one thing to win a lot during the season, which we have been doing as of late. Not this season, but we have done as of late, and it's about getting over that hump, which we have not been able to do in thirty years.
Speaker 9: And what another caller alluded to before is that.
Speaker 5: It's not his fault.
Speaker 8: How's that on Mike? How can you blame thirty five plus years on Mike?
Speaker 2: That's the unfortunate side of it, though. That's the unfortunate side of it. It's not their fault. It's not Mike's fault, it's not the player's fault, it's not all of these guys' fault.
Speaker 5: But it's still going to fall on their shoulders, correct, I get it.
Speaker 2: The thirty years of disappointment on this franchise is still going to fall on their shoulders. And every year that they don't get it done and they don't go to an NFC Championship game, and they don't go to a Super Bowl, that weight gets heavier and heavier on their shoulders until somebody is strong enough to carry it across the finish line.
Speaker 6: And I want to say this part I definitely agree with. There are some tendencies that I see with in the McCarthy regime that I still would like to see changed, and they've not changed quickly for me, so I'm starting to see them turn the corner. Example being now Cavante Turpin is getting more involved in the offensive play card. Right, but year five, what took this so long?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 6: So you have those types of questions, and then, like he said, sometimes they get away from the run. That's the same thing that Mike McCarthy used to be infuriated by Kellen Moore about getting away from the running situations where you have the lead, you can use the clock, you're running the ball effectively, and then you pass past past That's the most Kellen.
Speaker 7: Morrish thing to do.
Speaker 6: But then you see McCarthy do it sometimes over the past couple of seasons. So in that capacity, I understand and I agree I would like to see those things change. But again, we're not sitting here saying that if McCarthy is retained, to give him a ten year deal or even a five year deal. My stance is that if you retain him two years right with an out after the first year, let them get his guys back. If the Cowboys continue to finish this season strong, because given the level of adversity that they've had, how on earth could we be sitting here even talking about what we're talking about.
Speaker 7: That's what's mind blowing to me in a positive way.
Speaker 9: And if you lose all the next three I think the conversation.
Speaker 7: In the conversation, it becomes a little bit more organic.
Speaker 5: I think it changes slightly. I don't think it changes the way that it did.
Speaker 6: It doesn't. It doesn't it off the table. Yeah, I think it does turn the knob a little bit.
Speaker 2: It does it turn It turns it back because losing, you know, is the problem. I mean, that's part of it, all right. We got to take another break. When we come back. We've got two more callers on the line. Collars bringing the heat today. I like it more talking cowboys right after this.
Speaker 7: The heat from my last.
Speaker 3: Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheat of Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T five G. Fast reliable, Secure.
Speaker 13: Five G requires compatible plan and device five G may not be available in your area. Att dot com slash five G for you fifty deals.
Speaker 16: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Dear Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles, and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf the official lagonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com. To find a location near you.
Speaker 15: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster canhooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yeti dot Com. Check it out today. YETI a pooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 17: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com, slash Erica by your side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me. Very digital tools featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitor for quality assurance. Message in data RAS and additional TERMSY apply Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboys. Back, You're on Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This segment of the show is brought to you by in Visile Line, the official smile of the Dallas Cowboys. A Visile line, of course, go online since eighteen seventy seven, right.
Speaker 7: That loan without race, like the whole turn braces.
Speaker 5: VISI line. They've just gone through a branding. It's the same thing, but.
Speaker 7: They used to visit line like yeah, George Washington.
Speaker 2: Get it in there all right for Jasmin Marshall. We've got Josh Rodriguez, We've got Patrick Noci Walker and Kyle Yeoman's time now to go to Jesse in Iowa. Talking Tuesday continues. Jesse, what's going on?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 10: Wah?
Speaker 12: I'm morning from Iowa.
Speaker 10: Y'all.
Speaker 5: Good morning, Jesse. How are you?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: I'm doing fantastic.
Speaker 11: It's nisan frosty up here in Iowa.
Speaker 5: What's the temperature there?
Speaker 11: It's a twenty two degrees you're almost Alaska.
Speaker 9: Terrorist emmants you might as well.
Speaker 7: Get might as well be in Alaska.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seems pretty good difference. What's going on, Jesse? What's on your mind?
Speaker 10: Hey? First time caller?
Speaker 7: Man, Thank y'all fort on.
Speaker 10: Such a good show.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much.
Speaker 7: I think I'm the only Dallas Cowboys saying in Iowa.
Speaker 6: So when you hold down the ford up there, guarantee you're not actually.
Speaker 5: So that's You've got some people around you, which is good.
Speaker 6: Plant your flag and codd.
Speaker 18: Hey, do you all think Osa is playing himself out of Dallas?
Speaker 7: A good question? Talkout?
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you for the call, Jesse, good call, good question.
Speaker 6: Do you think that it's it's a possibility. Let's let's speak objectively, it's a possibility. It is difficult to find an impact DT in this league, but when you're talking about one who can also impact the game, both as a run defender and most certainly as a disruptor in the backfield against quarterbacks, sex pressures and things like that quarterback hits.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Osa is indeed increasing.
Speaker 6: The odds by his play that he will He may not be in Dallas, but I would I would counter with this, and this is not just me speaking objectively, but this is also me having had conversation with Osa.
Speaker 7: He wants hope.
Speaker 6: In his mind, he's playing himself into a new deal in Dallas. So that that's the way that you should kind of look at it, if you want to look at it through Osa's standpoint. And again this is with me having had several conversations with him. He wants to remain in Dallas and he's hopefully playing himself into that contract. And also keep in mind, this isn't new for Osa. I know we're talking about him a lot lately, but go look at his last couple of seasons. He's just been getting better every single week, every single game. Had a slow start this to this season, as you know, the unit trying to figure out the Mike zimmersis.
Speaker 9: And for lack of health and for lack of.
Speaker 6: Help, but now it's coming together. So yeah, odds are there's a chance Osa gets a much heftier offer somewhere else, but there are equal odds that he wants to remain in Dallas and he will give the Cowboys every opportunity to retain him.
Speaker 8: My thing about Osa, and we talked about it yesterday. I brought up an evil question, I said, which is if you could bring back Osa, Jordan Lewis, it's it's for me, it's probably one or the other. But if you do sign OSA, you're going to lose somebody very crucial to this team.
Speaker 5: Probably, uh and just because a piece of.
Speaker 8: Just exactly look down the list. You have de Mark Lawrence coming up, you have Jordan Lewis coming up. You have a lot of integral players to this defense of team.
Speaker 5: You're eating a lot of it.
Speaker 7: I don't hear about this impacted there They're gonna be started.
Speaker 9: Sorry, did I interrupt you?
Speaker 7: Guys?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 6: Sorry, the cool world they heard you.
Speaker 7: We were background talking.
Speaker 5: They heard the pie. The pie is there, and the pie has been kicked.
Speaker 2: That ten has been kicked down the road, and it's a bigger and bigger piece of pie that you continued to take away.
Speaker 5: And that would just be another one.
Speaker 6: Mostly I agree with I'm not getting much salary cap soap bucks another day.
Speaker 9: It's still there.
Speaker 2: We appreciate the evil questions NFL leaders in quarterback hits over the last seven weeks. And this is Kurt of A Bobby Belt Friend of the Show tied for third, Micah Parsons, Dalvin Tomlinson, t J. Watt, I'll have thirteen. Miles Garrett is in second with fifteen. This is over the last seven weeks of the year. Quarterback hits.
Speaker 5: Osa Odiggezuoa leads the.
Speaker 2: NFL with sixteen quarterback hits over those four names t J. Watt, Dalvin Tomlinson, Michael Parsons and Miles Garrett. If he were to play like this all year long, he would be in an all pro level. He would be on his way to a mega, mega deal, and there would be no way that he is in Dallas. So maybe there's a shot that it's only the last seven weeks of the year.
Speaker 6: Lets just hope he really likes he will know properly he will be a Tier B free agent coming this offseason.
Speaker 7: Which is still going right now.
Speaker 6: No, I mean, as it stands, if he continues this, then he'll bump Yeah, he'll bump up in a.
Speaker 8: Tier Start's Armstrong got paid in the off season, you know what I'm saying like that, and he was not the contributor to the overpay. Yeah, of course, so this man will get a bag regardless, and I hope it's here.
Speaker 6: I do too, gosh, I, like I said, also will give the Cowboys every opportunity and then some to keep him in Dallas also wants to stay in Dallas.
Speaker 7: Agreed.
Speaker 2: All right, last caller of the day. Let's go to Jordan in Dallas. Jordan, what's going on?
Speaker 7: Lewis?
Speaker 10: Hello?
Speaker 7: Okay, this is this isn't Jordan?
Speaker 5: Lewis right? Wis as part of it? Jordan, we got you. What's going on?
Speaker 18: He actually kind of fits into my question. But first I wanted to say, I've been listening to you guys since twenty twenty one. Yes, and famous favorite show by far and what's weird? I was just thinking about it. I kind of don't have the same story as most football people. I didn't listen to I didn't play football, I didn't like football. And then I was dancing around with my baby trying to put her asleep in twenty twenty one, and the Cowboys came on with Dak playing against the Tampa Buccaneers the opener, and it was such a good game. I became a fan. Uh And I started looking for, you know, shows to figure out how to how to understand the game, and I found you guys, And now I'm going to my first game next week.
Speaker 5: That's awesome, good stuff.
Speaker 7: That's full circle because it's Tampa.
Speaker 18: Bay it is and my brother in law of a huge vicer Mayfield fan. So we're gonna go together.
Speaker 7: And it's gonna be.
Speaker 18: Probably pretty rough.
Speaker 7: You're hoping to ruin his Christmas with you.
Speaker 2: Jordan's right, So the barring weather, it's gonna be a little chilli out there, but we're gonna be out on the plaza, uh for Cowboys pregame live. It'll be me, Isaiah, Barry, Nate. Maybe we'll try and get Josh and Patrick out of the press box to come say hi, Say hi. We're eight t East Plaza. It's back where the big mirror is. You will be out there on the stage where like the cheerleaders and the Rhythm and Blue dancers are.
Speaker 5: Come say hi. Because that's awesome. Man. I love to like that.
Speaker 2: But yeah, come come stop me and and if if you get my attention, say like, hey, it's Jordan I called on Tuesday, like that kind of thing, and we'll make it happen. That's awesome, man. I appreciate you hearing that. Did you did you have a question before.
Speaker 5: We let you go?
Speaker 18: Yeah, yeah, I've had a question about the DVS. What do you guys think personally. We were just talking about about Al Harris and how amazing he's been with all the dvs, and something I've been super impressed with all season is watching all these no name guys come off the bench and kind of blow my mind. And they come out and I'm expecting this to be a terrible, terrible game like it was last year, and each time, most of the time, other than a couple, they've they've stepped up. And my question is between mccuamu over Wier Butler Carson, who would your pick be for the first guy off the bench if any of our starters are not available next year, because some of them have been really impressed. So I want to hear what you guys.
Speaker 2: No, that's a great question, Jordan, thanks for the call as always and the support.
Speaker 5: You want to start it and so forth.
Speaker 6: Would have loved to see him be able to finish out the season see if he can build.
Speaker 7: On what he showed us. But it's Josh Butler, the Butler. Josh Butler did it was that the boat tie?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Butler did with the candlestick in the in the library.
Speaker 7: Yes, okay, I'm going Josh Butler possibly.
Speaker 2: That's my answer to that would be what was the shortlist again? It was Amani Mccuamouk, Kayln Carson. It'll probably be Kayl and Carson. Just another year of seasoning. But in terms of film, out of the guys that played best on film this year, it was Josh Butler.
Speaker 9: That's fair.
Speaker 5: Josh Butler played better than Carson.
Speaker 8: But I think the ceiling is higher obviously for a Kayln Carson. I think one more year in this defense now that everyone's starting to buy in, I think that's your.
Speaker 6: Guy also, and shouts out to Izzy Israel mccuambo, because every time he's been asked to come into the game because of an injury or whatever the case may be, he has played at minimum solid football. His floor has been solid, and then he just builds on that in certain situations like the game ceiling interceptions.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's reliable and.
Speaker 6: He keep in mind, this is the flash who has been relegated to safety for the majority of his career.
Speaker 7: But then he gets thrown in.
Speaker 6: He gets thrown into the wildcard matchup against Tom Brady and what turned out to be tom Brady's last game and helps shut down Tom Brady as a big Nickel. It's huge after being safety the entire time. So shouts out to Izzy Mucuombo his versatility. And you talk about somebody who plays with a fire in his belly. That's that's a guy. That's a guy.
Speaker 5: No doubt. We'll be back tomorrow.
Speaker 2: When only got the six callers today, but let me tell you it was a good talk. You guys were awesome today. These calls were fantastic.
Speaker 7: So much chaos.
Speaker 2: Love the chaos, love the chaos grenades. We're making it happen here talking gobboys.
Speaker 7: Now she finds the drop. Now she finds the drop. Jazz is too late.
Speaker 6: You're banned from Alaska because you didn't have the drop.
Speaker 7: I can't go.
Speaker 5: It's only not teen degrees. There's Sonny and.
Speaker 7: Warm, just like you can.
Speaker 5: For Jasmine Marshall, for Josh Rodriguez Patrick. No see Walker, I'm KYLEI Yemans.
Speaker 2: We'll see tomorrow previewing the Dallas defense against this red hot Tampa Bay offense. We'll be back tomorrow, See you later on More Hockey Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.