Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer did I'mheart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's almost this school year. Yet again, I feel like summer has flown by. This is a big mile year. It is. You. I thought, for some reason, since our boys were the same age, they would be going to kindergarten. I started him early. You did, which is interesting because don't they usually hold boys back. Yeah, we did a junior so we do a homeschool co op though, two days a week, so I am his teacher. For the most part. He was really not challenged in his junior kindergarten program. But also I think because he has an older sister, you know, those older kids just kind of push you along. So I did put him in kinder thought we might have to repeat kinder but he's going to go to first.
Speaker 1: He's going to do first. Yeah, I was wondering of. And you're still going to do the co op right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We did. Last year they offered a first second split though grade, so I'm kind of hoping that they would do that again. You may kind of do like a first and then a first again because there's you guys, it's not the same curriculum when we were little like they're having to do everything so much earlier now that I feel like.
Speaker 1: Is yours the same curriculum is ours? In probably not.
Speaker 2: No, but a little different just everything. I think in general, society has got them like boosted up a bit. Like I wasn't reading in kindergarten and now a lot of them are reading coming out of kindergarten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I think that that's different for all kids for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and then Love will be third grade. She'll still be third I know. Sometimes in the co ops they get a little like ahead or not ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we stay, we stay, like we just keep we keep on rocking. So she'll go to third grade. And again, like it's up to my preference, you know, like I can tailor it, which is great, but it's also tricky because Legend is not a reader. He's a strong math guy. And I feel like kids tend to be one or the other.
Speaker 1: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: How long do you think you'll homeschool it for? I don't know. I think for a while. I see it in our little world, to our little section of the world, with homeschooling, I see a lot of parents move to like right around eighth or ninth they start to move into public just because I think, like sports and things, they just seem to want more.
Speaker 1: I cannot imagine throwing them into public school in high school.
Speaker 2: I can't either, Honestly. That's why I'm like, I don't know, because that feels.
Speaker 1: I'm not judging it. I'm just saying I can't imagine. Just like, but actually we had a friend that did that. I take that back, but it's just seems like that's a lot like whoa all at once?
Speaker 2: Yet also we would take out for middle and then put in you know what I mean, Like we've kind of talked about that one fist. Yeah, I so it's almost like I would homeschool middle school for sure. Then it's going right back into the gauntlet in there.
Speaker 1: I do think though, and I'm sure this is obviously not true for a lot a lot of kids, but I do think middle school seems to be a little bit harder, oh than high school. But is that going to be make high school kind of that new transition, you know what I mean? Like, cause it's me, I don't know, because transition.
Speaker 2: My educational capability keeping them home and I don't even yeah, I don't even know. I mean, I don't have the I don't. I don't know where you find the time, you know what I mean? Like, obviously you find the time, because that's like I find the time to work out every morning, like you know, so we find times. I don't know if I have the patience, so maybe it's not the time. I don't think I have the patience to homeschool, yes, which is why I've been like, all right, you know, Alan, you know, Mike, can you guys teach Julie how to tire shoes or bite? Because I just I'm I'm fast to not being patient. Yeah, And also like the kids are different, like Love loves to learn from me, loves it. Yeah, Legend likes to learn math from me, but he doesn't want to talk about reading. Well, I wouldn't even know how to teach any of that, to be honest. Like sometimes I read some of Joey's homework and I'm like, wait, okay, wait, what I'm re educating my second grade? Like it's weird how much we forget or how much you start to second guess yourself.
Speaker 1: Well, and they learn differently everybody. Well, but I'm just saying now they learn like math, they don't learn the way we learn how math.
Speaker 2: It's new math.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy, And so I'm like, well, I know the answer, but if you have to actually like put out how you got it, I can't help you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's weird. And also like there's times where I've wondered if Legend is actually more of a public school fit, because he five years a week feels like it could be more comfortable to him. Oh for sure. But I also with our lifestyle, love that I can take them out and we can go here. I founded a loophole you can in public school. So here's the loophole because I found this out when Jolie was doing the movie, because I was always like, well, I don't want to pay for private school because it's expensive, even though you can take out you know, whenever you want. But with public you can disnroll and re enroll, and it's not that complicated at all. It's like a one cheeter. I have as many times as you want. Wait, so like for a month, yeah, as many times as you want. So like, for example, Jolie missed fourteen days of school, obviously you're not so simis anymore. I think I was like eight or whatever. And then you get in trouble. But most people it's like between that, like twelve and fifteen. Then that's when they're like, all right, they you have a call with the people, the principle or whatever. And when I had called just kind of explaining what she was doing, she's like, well, if it was any more, She's like, we'd probably just have you distan' roll and then Rene roll. And I was like, oh, wait, tell me more. So then I was like, how many times can I do that? She's like, as many times as you want. She's like people, She's like, we have a lot of athlete kids that are in our school district that do it a couple times a year. So like the state doesn't get involved. Then I mean, if the state only gets involved and the kids are not in a school system, no, in a safe home, like you can just distan' roll and ren roll. I legally have to be registered somewhere for school, Like I have an umbrella school, I have to read it all. So what you would do is you would just they would have to be a homeschooling So like she just had her like paperwork from like school. This is to say that she's still on this grade and doing the homeschooling, so like she just gave the teacher like a packet of stuff. They didn't really even check it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so that's showing that she's doing school. So you would have to prove something that's that's like.
Speaker 2: My umbrella, yes, because you can't just like one off feeling no, I can't anything. Yeah, but like you would never not teach your kids, right, so right, but you could still so that you could still do public and then just in our district at least, that's what she taught me. I was like, because it's one of the things that I've always kind of gone okay, but we you know, like last year, Preston had a ton of stuff, like based in Florida for like January, so we just like had a house in the neighborhood at the other half of the duo and we just hunkered for like a few weeks because it just kept us all a family together. Well, I know plenty of well I know specifically a mom whose daughter has missed like more than twenty and like she just has a good relationship with the principal and the I've heard that too, So it's you know, as long as you're communicating with them. It's not like you're taking them out for or they're not safe in the home. This is and I also just understand like the testing and all those things, like they really do need the kids in there for attendances blah blah blah. But also, yeah, no, they're young. It's the time, right, It's okay too. Yeah. Well, also I think at least it seems resonating, Like with our school districts around us, everyone's more focused on like just family. We have a really we live in a really great area for that. Yeah, where it's like we want families to be together and experience and right, that's incredible. So that's interesting, good to know. Yeah, so you can keep that little tidbit in your pocket. Yeah, or when you are ready for love or legend as there's been days where I'm like public school five days a week, I could own the.
Speaker 1: World, Like you don't feel like it's just a.
Speaker 2: Weird, Like I think, like what would it be like if they left in the morning.
Speaker 1: Well, think about summer, like when you're pulled like you're like that all the time though.
Speaker 2: Like summer is the same as like for summer, So everything traumatizing for me, My girlfriend and I just had this conversation. She was like, oh, the parents go in haywire right now, and you guys are like please yeah, well every day I will say this though, even in our world, like there's more structure on school in school months and so like even lately, I've been like, Okay, we need to bring some sort of like rhythm to the house because Leggie does really well with structure. Even though he didn't, I think everybody does. Yeah. Well, maybe that's just a types unite hands in on three. I mean, okay, so then our girl, I know the ages of our kids. We all rolled together. But then you go, does anybody transition to big school like.
Speaker 1: We did all that last year? Okay, that's right, we tried. We started middle school and in high school last year.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you'll bake it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you're making it. Yeah, I know you'll make it.
Speaker 2: Don't scare us.
Speaker 1: I'm just kidding, of course. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Puberty is happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's a lot. It's just yesterday.
Speaker 2: What's puberty? I know, I said, it's a really precious and confusing stage between childhood and adulthood. I didn't know how to.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's honestly I haven't, Like, I don't know, puberty hasn't been that bad. Really, it's just your kids are so sweet. Yeah, I mean they're great. They're just it's a lot of the people are around them that stressed me out.
Speaker 2: But that's what I'm nervous about period. It is so great.
Speaker 1: Learned so much the other day I took I shouldn't say this on air, but I took I took Kit into camp the other day and uh, we were waiting in line for like an hour to check out coed. Well it's a church camp that is co ed, but there's literally church camp stand same same human young yes, all same. This one though, is like I'm like, oh, come on, Like people get kicked out left and right for stepping over the line. I'm like, okay, guys, it's sneaking kisses at church anyway. So I so I know he's like anyway. So we start. We just start talking and I just start asking very I'm very good with Emmy and asking very specific questions, and like with him, I'm like, all right, we're in high school, Like I haven't asked that. And I just started asking very specific questions and he started answering all my questions what like about his friends and who's doing what and who. I mean, I could have guessed, but I didn't know for sure, and he just like started talking and I was like, I can't react, Like I cannot.
Speaker 2: React your intuition. Absolutely, I'm not ready out sweating absolutely, like about sex.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, I mean leading up to it, and then what they're getting into, like drug wise and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: What are the drugs of choice now at that age?
Speaker 1: Weed? Right now, weed and vaping is starting.
Speaker 2: Doctor Aman would say, and that's the worst drug you can take, yeah, because it's a slow brain killer. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're doing like those cartridges again. You know. He is so so straight laced in the sense that like he even he's like the one friend that I know for sure. When I found out, he was like, just don't get it in front of me, and he's like I never would, And I was like, well anyone else and he was like probably, but they keep it from me, Like he's that passionate about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he's like still the cool kid and he's.
Speaker 1: Still friends with so many kids. So but anyway, I was just like, don't react, don't react, they'll never tell. That's the thing that's hard. I didn't ask that specifically.
Speaker 2: I would like you to report back.
Speaker 1: I wanted to about a certain person, but I did not. But he told me a story about him that was leading up to it, and like he's a bad situation. Caden's fifteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, my high school sweetheart was fifteen. A lot of people were you guys. I had to wait, I can't. I'm going to embarrass myself. Cancer. I was sixteen. Cancel what I was gonna say? Canceling? I just got my period so late? Well same, I was sixteen. Oh wow, really I was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was sick when you were so surprised with our kids. Oh okay.
Speaker 3: I was like, that's normal.
Speaker 2: And that's why I asked when did she because I was so I was such a late bloomer.
Speaker 1: I was late.
Speaker 2: I had been eating like problems and was really thin. But I mean said, yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean she's she has been very thin, like as a small person, but like not now. I mean she's really like kind of filled out.
Speaker 2: So I thought it was normal to be that back in our age. As later, I thought it was like fifteen sixteen.
Speaker 1: I was the second to last person in all the people I knew, and I was middle school, seventh grade.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sixth I'm waiting. It's I always wondered if the surgery I had in my back had anything to do with the delay of the thirteen when they put the rods in No, when you had your sixteen Oh yeah, okay, same, I was for you.
Speaker 1: Twelve did you get? But I was like the second to last one too, I think it.
Speaker 2: I was like nineteen.
Speaker 1: The problem is is that I've never really had.
Speaker 2: Never got Boos's why I got. I never got boobs.
Speaker 1: I bought boobs. Yeah, but you can tell kind of when an idea of when it's going to happen, you know, based on Joel.
Speaker 2: That's a funny boob conversation. Because we were in Target getting some things and she was like, Mommy, can I get this? And they were little sports bras with they were with the padded ones, and I was like, no, honey, you can't get those, but we can get these the other ones that were just like the regular training bras. But I was like eight, I know, And I also do love them wearing something because we cartwheel and and I'm like, yeah, our sports something. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm always like Amy, don't you want to get a pad? She say no, people will know. I'm like, oh, you're nothing like me.
Speaker 2: I remember what I did, to be honest with you all. I never stuffed.
Speaker 1: I know that I didn't like in front of people.
Speaker 2: Get home to There was a girl sort of a visualation visualization, but I won't say which friend. I know, well, no, no, no, because they're so sweet. One of my Michigan girlfriends, we were to sleepover and we found tissues in one of our friends pros bless, I know. But then her brothers put them in the freezer.
Speaker 1: So we did that? Did we do that?
Speaker 2: I wish I could say his full name, but I won't, just in case he turned out to be a really good human in Jesus name. But Dan used to say, to his last name, that's true, there's only one trillion Dan's. Dan used to say, I was a carpenter's dream. Flat as a board, Oh yeah, that was Bobby was the he took. He took the binder and he goes flat as a board. Yeah, and you're now baby, I'm kidding. I remember reunion and one of the guys had grown like a like literally a foot since high school and he was always a tall guy. And he goes, he's like, my last name was white, you know, and so he's like, whitey, did you see that? Like he's like, look at and I was like, yeah, I can see, and I go and you can probably see from up there that I also bloomed late. And I was like, I was so proud because I just always wanted can we talk about high school re unions really fast? Because well, we have our guest is here, so let's I want to pinant and talk about it after Tracy. We've got Tracy to coming on. She is in Million Dollar Listening in Los Angeles. Season fifteen is premiering already on on Bravo. New episodes are on Wednesday. Let's get her on to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Hi, guys, Hi, Hey, So.
Speaker 2: I love Million Dollar Listening because I feel like it's so I do watch would you call it the competitor show or would you call it just a brothers.
Speaker 3: On which show you're talking about?
Speaker 2: The other selling of shows?
Speaker 3: Selling Sunset?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I didn't want a straight upset, but yeah, Sellie, yeah, Tracy well Trace, Tracy, well no, because I like I watched Selling Sunset too, But I feel like I watched the two shows for different reasons, Like I feel like there's more drama on Selling Sunset. I feel like there's more how and you know listings on your show. Did you get asked to go on the other one or is a million dollar Like yeah, kind of like what's your thoughts on both?
Speaker 3: Our show has been on obviously a lot longer than Selling Sunset, so I was already attached to million dollar listing when Selling Sunset started airing. It's a different show. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a competitive show with us. Again, for the same reasons you said. I think that show is more Our show is more living in reality, and I think that show is more soapy with a real estate backdrop. Totally entertaining, but just different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your show motivates me in a different way, Like it's very boss style, Like I'm like, oh okay, Like I'm digging in and I know I'm learning and I really enjoy that. And I also love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Selling Senset motivates me to make sure stay on the treadmill.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I watch.
Speaker 2: It on mute, going to lie you look great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to learn about houses when I'm watching though you know. I mean, I want to actually learn about real estate when I'm watching it, and that's what I love about.
Speaker 2: Well, her husband's a realtor here in Nashville. He's helped me buy sell all of.
Speaker 1: My Yeah, but then I watched these shows and I'm like, oh, this is a completely different level.
Speaker 3: But I love it though, So yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 2: Was this something you always dreamed you would do or kind of always knew you would know?
Speaker 3: I was an actor, Like I went to theater school at USC I wanted to do Broadway and you know, a post college, I was auditioning a lot and kind of woke up one day and said, oh my god, am I going to just wake up an audition every single day for the rest of my life and maybe be that one percent that hits. I wanted financial independence, and so why the heck I picked real estate. But it's worked out. It's worked out for me. And really, truly, I think the education that I got from studying theater for so long and figuring out how to present myself and walk into a room and really audition is not very different from what I have to do when I walk into a listing appointment and have to connect with a seller or take a buyer through a house. So I never connected the two early on, but realized obviously later that it was probably one of the best educations I could have had walking into, you know, selling real estate for a living.
Speaker 2: Do you feel like being a woman in real estate is still different than being a man in real estate? Like do you feel like you have the same power when you walk into a room with a man?
Speaker 3: That's there depends on the man walking in the room, I guess, but you know, obviously, and I think any woman can speak to this in business, particularly a mother. You know, I'm a mother of two teenage girls, and I think there still is that stigma that, you know, oh, she has to get home to the kids, or she can't work as late as he can or as hard as my male counterpart, because she has all these other responsibilities. And of course that is entirely untrue, but I think that stigma still exists. I think, you know, you know, as women in business, as we become more and more successful, we're working harder to break away from that that how people feel about women in business, particularly successful women in business. But it's still there, you know, I still walk into a room and I have to fight harder than my male counterpart for the listing. No matter if I've done more business than them and had more you know, sales than them and have a better track record, I still have to be more present than the man I might be competing against.
Speaker 2: See that, I'm just like still like why, Like I just don't understand, like if you're better for the job, Like, why does it matter if you're male or female.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's interesting, and I could be wrong side of other stats, but I feel like here when I see like our local real estate, that's not necessarily the case. I mean, we have a lot of females, and my husband gets beat out by females all the time. I could be wrong, and maybe that's just maybe we just happen to have more females in the industry. I don't know, but I've paid attention to that a lot because it's it's interesting and you are are you still the only female on the show?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 3: Heather Alwin is the CEO of Josh Altman's team Right Life, so she's on the show with us. But as you know, as a cast member, obviously I was the first female on the show, right And so that's challenging. But to speak to what you were talking about in Nashville, that's nationwide, there are more female real estate agents than there are male agents. I think in the corporate world there are more men runningsurance and obviously some of the most successful men and women in this country. You know, there's certainly women in the top ten, they're just for more men. And I think what it boils down to is, you know, in the fifties, sixties, seventies, like early on homemakers and women who were staying at home with their kids, it sort of became like a jobby, like a woman knows how to make a house a home, so it was like this natural affinity to of course a woman should sell the home because a woman understands how to make a house feel homey and personal. And then, of course, you know, as with any industry, you know, it's obviously a very popular industry to be in. And then of course add all of these fabulous TV shows that glamorize what we do for a living. Everybody wants to do it because you know, the beauty of our business is the money can be infinite. There is no cap as to what you can make. It is only dependent on how good you are at sell it.
Speaker 2: See, if it wasn't for your husband, I would have a female, yeah, a real estate agent. And because I mean my team is ninety nine percent women, like I love like, I'm just like especially moms. I'm like, we work really hard. We have to work really hard. We have to provide for our kids. And I also like kind of your points, like the woman knows a house and how I'm like, if I can't see the vision, a woman's going to help me see the vision, right, you know what I mean? It where it was like, But I mean, obviously I'm loyal to next I'll always right keep it right, yeah, because I think that would kill our friendship.
Speaker 3: But we got I mean there's a certain level of we walk in. A woman walks into a house, and she knows where the heart of the home is. She knows some of the tweaks that we you know, that might need to be made to make it feel a little bit more special or right for the buyer. And that's just something I think that comes innately more to women than perhaps to men. But you know, it's a competitive field that we're in, and so you know, we have a lot of very successful men in the industry, and I'm lucky enough to be in that top percentage of women in our industry as well.
Speaker 2: What do you think your best selling point is as a as an agent?
Speaker 3: Confidence? I mean, I think you know, when you walk into a room and you know you're competing against maybe five or six different agents that have come in before you, you have those jitters. By the way, it's like walking into an audition. You know you're competing against whoever went in before you, or who they made an offer to, and they're looking at you as potentially a backup. All that anxiety. You have to know how to transition that anxiety into something super positive and that takes confidence. And I figured that out at a very early age. So I can walk into a room and primarily because I think my dad was so damn intimidating. I grew up around men that were like that, and I can be you know that woman that would walk in and be like, don't talk to her that way, dad, And so I have the ability to walk into a room with a very powerful man and not feel intimidated by him.
Speaker 2: I love that, and that's really special. Do your kids, how did the kids do with you? Being on TV.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, we're going into cause season fifteen now, and I've been on the show since season ten, and you know, my kids were a little bit younger obviously when I first started the show, and now Juliet's eighteen and Scarlet sixteen, so in the last few years they've participated in the show a little bit. I think they're proud. I think they you know, as a single mom, they know how hard I work to you know, make sure that they can have all of the things that they have the luxury of, you know, having and money doesn't fall off trees. So when they see me wake up earlier than everybody else and you know, take calls later than you know most people would take calls, it's because I want to be I want to teach them how to be financially independent. So whenever I have that mom guilt and it creeps in all the time, you know, my daughters will remind me, listen, I know you can't be like at Magic Mountain doing you know, being supervising us when you know some of the other moms can do it. And I'm like, I wish I could be, but like I have to. This is a part of you know my job and this is what the trajectory looks like. And I have a plan, and they always tell me like, we're so proud of you, like we have so much respect for you. And it does give me, you know, it puts me at ease, I think. And I'm also I believe teaching them how to be financially independent as well at a very early age.
Speaker 2: I think it's a real gift, honestly, to have to be front row to watch someone like you be able to handle life like that. I think it's incredible. Do either of them seem to have interest in the industry at all? Or are they kind of they? Are you going to have your own little empire over there?
Speaker 3: I mean, who knows. But my eighteen year old Juliet is interned for US last summer or two summers ago, and then last summer she interned for an interior designer. And this summer I put her to work, like in a real job, and so she is working as a hostess at a restaurant in Beverly Hills. Because I feel like that is such a great way to learn how to deal with different personalities.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 3: I feel like every teenager slash eighteen and above should have to wait tables at some point in their life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 3: And what it means to walk up to someone and have them treat you like and have to figure out how to respond to it professionally. It's an education that I don't think you can get, you know, at school. So she's doing that this summer, and believe it or not, she's having a good time, but she's coming home from work, Like she came home after like her first week and she was like, is this what it's like out there?
Speaker 2: And I was like, yeah, it's hard in the street.
Speaker 3: Girl.
Speaker 2: How are you doing with all the headlines around you and Eric and just talking about you know, obviously a tough situation like heartbreak and going through breakup is not a lovely topic. But also, like you said, you're a strong woman. It's you know, you're obviously going through at the moment, and so how are you kind of dealing with all those pieces, you know while the show's airing.
Speaker 3: It's interesting because my first season on the show, I was married, and when I was brand new to the show, obviously the first female on the show, and really nervous about how I presented, you know, knowing how that could appear on television. I sort of went through that very privately, and it was really really difficult to navigate that. And you know, then, of course, when at the end of that season, when you know, the big black screen comes up and it says James and David are doing wonderful and they're having their first baby, and Josh and Heather like off to Aspen for the summer, and then it's like Tracy and Jason have filed for divorce, and it was it was really really difficult, and I felt obviously I wasn't as vulnerable in the first season out of you know, being nervous for my family, nervous for my children. And this time around, I made a choice that I was like, I am going to speak my truth. I am going to allow myself to be vulnerable in front of millions of people about you know, what I'm going through and what I'm living with an already you know, very very republic relationship because of our age difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was twenty one years nineteen nineteen, Okay, nineteen, let's not get worse. I know there, but there's a lot of women that have that are dating younger men now. Too, you know, so I feel like.
Speaker 3: It's definitely become more popular in recent years, and I decided to live it, and I you know, I told my showrunner, who I trusted implicitly, who was a woman, and I said, this is what I'm going through, and you know, I need you guys to just take the ride with me and be as sensitive as you possibly can to how I'm going to live through this on TV. And they were, and I was grateful to Bravo and grateful to my production company for how they handled it. Doesn't make the breakup any easier, but you know, it's now been some time and Eric and I have remained friends. He still trains me because I don't know what do I do without him, and you know, we've been able to kind of work through it and maintain a friendship, which has been really great because he's he's a great guy, and he came into my life for a reason, and for three and a half years, I think, you know, brought a lot to my life in terms of keeping me focused. He's not your typical like late twenties party boy. He was like, had me up at five point thirty in the morning to work out and make sure I was eating healthy and getting to bed early so that I could be ready for work. And I've never had anybody in my life like that before. So we've worked through it and we're maintaining a friendship. And you know, who knows what happens when either one of us gets into maybe a more serious relationship with.
Speaker 2: Some He's probably not going to train the new guy now, and I'm sure.
Speaker 3: She's not going to be you know, a new girlfriend of his might not be thrilled that he still trains in my guest house.
Speaker 2: Oh that's yeah, yeah, day by day? Will you the next season? Will you like, will you show dating and that? Like, will you be open on that side too?
Speaker 3: I mean tune in to see.
Speaker 2: We can see. We love a little cliffhanger.
Speaker 3: Tell you what it's. It's a ride dating in La, you know, like I let John, I let my friends know. Like, look, you guys know me better than anyone. If you think there might be someone that I might hit it off with or there could be good for me, I'm open to going out with them. So that happened.
Speaker 1: That happens, Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: Biggest red flags that you see from other realtors.
Speaker 3: Bravado that isn't aligned with any kind of background or understanding of what it takes to be successful in this business.
Speaker 2: I love Tracy get to Nashville. Let's sing out. Do you ever follow any other realtors and kind of see what they're doing, because I feel like a lot of influence on social media can be beneficial to also selling or do you see the other way?
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I think a lot of a lot of agents have done really well on social media, and I think, you know, it's like providing like education because there's so much media out there about what's happening in the market and what's positive and what's negative, and really like we are in our markets, like I know what is happening in Beverly Hills, bel Air, Malibu, the Palisades, the Valley because I'm living it every day. You know, the national news is going to tell a story that speaks to what's happening nashally, not specifically in Nashville, in your community and what those sales might be. So I think it's really important as an agent in your community that you're speaking to your clients and your followers about what really is going on. And there's also some you know, at the end of the day. Social media is supposed to be fun as well, and I there's some really hysterical agents that I follow that you know, have a lot of fun with it, you know, but also are great agents. But you know, we can't take these markets too seriously because the nature of the beast is it's a rollercoaster and you know, only the strong will survive.
Speaker 2: Sure do you think it's is it a buyer's or a seller's market? Right now?
Speaker 3: It's a flat market?
Speaker 1: Say either?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is there and I joke?
Speaker 3: But the truth is, you know, we have a little bit of a lack of inventory because you know, people who bought and were lucky enough to buy in twenty twenty or twenty twenty one when interest rates were between two and two and a half percent can't afford to sell right now because why would you go buy the same price house at seven and a half percent when you've got an interest rate at two The cost you way too much money. So those sellers don't want to put their houses on the market, and then those buyers, I mean, I don't know if you guys remember if any of you guys were in the market when interest rates were at two and a half, and I was saying, buy now and lock in a long term interest rate that's going to serve you down the road. And they were like, the prices are just crazy and the prices are too high. Well, here we are two years later. Prices are still high because there is still a lack of inventory, except now the interest rate has tripled.
Speaker 2: Correct. I'm one of the ones that settled in at like a two point one, I think, and like, we will just never leave.
Speaker 3: Girl, We're just so cozy.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you're good, yeah, but I do know. Hey, any have they ever talked about rebranding the show, because Miller not a million dollar listing doesn't quite apply to our twenty twenty four prices anymore, especially where you are. So I'm just wondering, are we going to multimillion? We're just going to keep the branding.
Speaker 1: Be married to the brain.
Speaker 3: How many words does it take? Well, yeah, several million dollars.
Speaker 2: Listen, money, you tell us, Tracy, you're the one who's a million dollars. Now, it doesn't really come.
Speaker 3: And by the way, like you know, and now I've said this to my team, and you'll you'll see a little bit of this on the show. You know, gone is the day when selling a ten million dollar house in six in you know two days is over. So instead of instead of like begging and searching and trying to find that big big listing and like transition guys sell five two and a half million dollar listings because those are still turning and make Yes, you're going to have to work ten times harder to make the same money or you can just sit and do nothing. And you know, my position, as obviously a team leader of you know we now have a team of close to twenty, is to make sure that they understand how to pivot in a market like this. I've lived through some downturns. I was in the two thousand and eight crisis, so I know that if they're not if you're not pivoting as an agent right now, at the end of this year, you're going to be like waiting tables or figuring out how to make ends meet.
Speaker 2: But like you said, we should all wait tables. And I served my time at the had all of them at Greek Island, and uh, all of like literally every single one, I think to learn to dances at Joe's Crabshack. You would, I would, I would never apply because they would take coordination.
Speaker 3: I worked at j Lo's Salsa Bar, and yes you did. I had the salsa outfit and I had to carry Martini's and I was like on the dance floor. So they were like, we're going to put you at the postest stands.
Speaker 2: Somewhere a little more stable. My girl, my girl. Oh that's it. Well, Tracy, thank you so much for coming on the show. Everyone watching a million Dollar listening Los Angeles Heason fifteen, airing now on Bravo. We love you. You are so sweet. Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thanks, thanks so much.
Speaker 2: All right, bye bye. Oh she's precious. I love women like Tracy because it just makes me really motivated. That's why I enjoy that part of the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that show.
Speaker 2: Not that this matters, it's just she looks I know. I want to know too. I want to know how old she was. I don't know why, but I just want to know she's forty eight. She looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks amazing.
Speaker 2: Something in the water out there. They doesn't never it's all too good. The pin. Do you guys go to your high school graduations? I mean, shoot, reunions. I have not I've gone to one, You've gone to one? Which one? Like the ten? Gosh, fifteen, twenty? Are we in twenty? What are we? Yeah? At twenty? Yeah, I guess it would have been.
Speaker 1: I didn't do any of them. I'm twenty nicks. But that's it.
Speaker 2: So, like, you know, like when you're in high school. I used to get really excited thought of having, yeah, a reunion. I thought it'd be like so fun, you know, and so we have this reunion page on Facebook or like the our high school year. There was like ten people that went to the last one, and like that broke my heart because I'm like, I just imagine, like you want to. No, I didn't go. I don't care if I okays a point, all right, well I don't go. But I'm just saying, like, I think I think it would actually be fun to go and see people that I haven't seen in years.
Speaker 1: I'm I do too.
Speaker 2: I don't know how I feel that. I feel fine, I'm good. Not just catching up on Facebook feels good. Say yeah. What I had learned is that the girl with two first names was equally as shady ten years later as she was in high school. And I had hoped for better. So I just feel like I'm find her. Yeah, I mean I actually really enjoyed high school. I was this will be shocking, the one that cried all the way down the aisle because I didn't want it to be over. It was like my career. I just loved it there. It was special and I may Evil and my coaches and I just loved it.
Speaker 1: Oh that was definitely not me.
Speaker 2: Definitely not made. I barely made my graduation.
Speaker 3: I hated graduations tracked.
Speaker 2: Well, my mom, this is this will very track. But I didn't I tell you guys the story of my graduation. I was like the ceremony and everything. I was used to be the figure skater for the Red Wings games, and it was when they were going to go for the I think it was the two peet in two thousand and two, and I was the skater before the rounds, so like I'd come out like the round girl, and I got to like they didn't give me a ticket, but I got to stand right by the zamboni every show, and it was amazing. The zamboni needs its own moment, it does, and so I stood there watched all the games, and then I found out graduation was going to be the same night as the like Round two or something, and I was like, Mom, I was like, oh my gosh, I can't miss it. She's like, I know, you can't miss the game. So I was like, what do we do? So she had her like cop friend, get me to go talk to go skate the the round, go to graduation, walk the stage, peace out, go back to the game. It's just a still on brand for who you are today. It's just literally, yeah, it's just a little flashback.
Speaker 1: Call her name. She walked right out on the police escort.
Speaker 2: I mean there's some really, there's a lot, but you are there's a lot. There's You're the person that will always make a way. I had to. It was the freaking finals. Meanwhile, and everyone the round girl giving them a disc a CD of I hope you dan't tearful tucking in my high school career. High school career, what a time wait to leave. But there are people, but there are people that I would love to see again. Yeah, and just I talked to some of them on Facebook. I don't go on Facebook a lot, but there are some like like Aaron Wadell. She was always like the sweetest human and like you know, I'd like to be like, how are you, how's your family? Like, you know, actually in person, have like good conversations. Yeah, I would do an in person I do. I actually really super loved our people. We just had really great people. I think we did too, But I kind of keep up with them now, which is fun. That's the fun part about like Facebook and Instagram just special s. Yeah, I feel like it's been so much too much time past for me to like slide into some people's you know, and then I don't know. I was always just crying anyways over my high school boyfriend, which also started back backlash forward. Yeah, I was talking everyone. You were crying O ride school boyfriend, just all the same. I know. Kat was like, and this business plan is done and we're moving forward to the Manchester.
Speaker 1: That really talked to many people.
Speaker 2: And that's a close on this calendar year. That was that's fantastic. Kat's like, this is the natural next step in college. Yeah, that's what I was doing. That's Hilaire's throwing out her planner, maybe keeping it just in case, just in just in case. All right, ladies, that was fun, See you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye bye,