Speaker 1: Welcome to the best of the week for What's Right with Nick Right the best takes and moments from this week on the show. Enjoy Dan Orlovsky. Credit to Dan, who again I know a tiny, tiny bit. Everyone who does know him speaks about what a great guy he is. He is. Some of his opinions have been the subject of my scorn over the years, but it's never been a personal thing with Dan. I think, I hope I would assume he knows that. So he discusses in Credit to him for having an opinion people care about. To where I'm discussing it here he ranked. I'm gonna read his words exactly. I ranked the top ten quarterbacks by seven different traits arm strength, ball placement, mechanics, decision making, pocket presence, second reaction, second reaction, creativity, pardon me, and ability. These lists are based on current performance and expectations for the twenty twenty sixth season. It's how I would rank the QB group at this exact moment. I only included starters and leaned on what I see on tape to form the rankings. Okay, great sounds fun. I'm gonna jump right to the reason we're discussing this and then we're gonna do a bigger picture chat on it. Briefly the category decision making with the football, and he then describes it as here are the league's top problem solvers. Being a good decision maker means making the right choice when things are going to plan, but it also means making the only choice when things are falling apart. Find the correct outlet, but avoid mistakes, turnovers, and negative plays. Okay, the number one decision making with the football quarterback in the Year of Our Lord twenty twenty six, according to Dan Orlovsky, is Josh Allen. And this is where so much of my Josh Allen frustration comes from. I think he's the same you guys. At this point I'm in reruns. I think he's the second best quarterback in the league. Of all the quarterbacks in the league who don't have a Super Bowl ring, the one that I him, I think has the best chance of getting one over the next. I don't want to say ever, because the younger guys have an edge there, but over the next five years is Josh Allen. Josh Allen at his best is the only quarterback in the league that if both guys play their best can go toe to toe with Patrick, that is Josh. I have given him, I think a ton of credit for those things. But the frustration that you guys hear in my voice when discussing discussing Josh Allen so often comes from the way he is covered in the media. And I've already had to hear that from Greene. No one's ever played the position better. I've had to hear from folks for years that he's the best quarterback in football. And now what I considered to be one of his only weaknesses decision making, not panicking, avoiding awful mistakes, one of the only actual verifiable weaknesses the player has. I'm Dotie's the best in the league at it, the best number one. The last game we saw him play, he had one of the worst turnovers in playoff history, and it wasn't the pick that lost him the game. The the last playoff game he played against the Chiefs AFC Championship game two years ago, tried to throw picks on the two of the first three passes of the game, and the year before that fumble the ball three times. Since he's come into the league, no player in the league has turned the ball over more and he's number one at decision making, like that's it's just crazy, It's just and again I think he's such a great player. But this is damn near the sports version of gaslighting, where we're taking one of the player's only fair weaknesses or critiques and saying, not only is it not a weakness, he's the best in the world at it. Like I don't even think Josh Allen thinks Josh Allen is the best decision maker in football. It's just baffling to me. And then we can and then we get to the the other piece of this Orlovsky list that is a little frustrating, which is again, according to this to Orlovsky's rankings, there is not a single quarterback trait, not one of the seven, not one that Patrick Mahomes is better than Josh Allen att not one. Arm strength Mahomes five, Allen one, fine, so be it arguable, but fine, ball placement Allen seven, Patrick Mahomes on ball placement not top ten in the league. Okay, mechanics this one, I actually probably agree with Allen. Number nine, Mahomes not ranked in the top ten decision making a guy who again I'm not gonna read Mahomes resume decision making Allen number one, Patrick number nine, Patrick a worst decision maker. They end Burrow and Lamar and Dak and Jaden and Drake May and Jordan Love and Matthew Stafford and of course Josh Allen. Pocket presence pocket presence Josh not ranked. Mahomes not ranked number one pocket presence somehow is Drake May, who we just watched get sacked a thousand times in the playoffs and they were not all snapsacks number one Pocket presence Drake May. Mahomes not ranked. Second reactionability Mahomes number three. Oh, finally something he's better than Alan that Nope, Allen number one. Rushing ability fine, Mahomes number seven, Allen number two. I this is what again writes about second reactionability. I'm looking for creativity here as well as the ability to throw from weird arm angles and platforms. Mahome's not Listen, Mahome's pretty good at that creativity and weird arm angles and platforms, but he's no Josh Allen. I mean, what are we doing? Like? I just I I am verklempt. No, that's the wrong word. I think verklempt means hold on. Uh oh no, that's okay. He usually is positive, not always with this, and again credit to Orlovsky, he got me going. But there's not a single thing on the football field. Patrick Malmes is better than Josh Allen, and Josh Allen's got the best decision making of anyone in the league. Come on, I mean, really, you ever notice everything keeps going up? Rent's going up, streaming services going up, even your favorite Burrio spots charge and your extra for suls It's outrageous. Not with boost Mo. With Boost Mobile, you and your phone build on play the will this go up soon?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: Why? Because boos mool was unlimited talk, text and data plan at a price that'll never go up. In fact, at the same price you'll pay for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that'll never go up. Only at Boost Mobile. After thirty gigs, customers may experience lower speeds. Customers will pay twenty five dollars per month as long as they remain active on the boost Unlimited plan.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: The other big news yesterday is Russell Westbrook finally calling it finally sounds meaner than I want to to. After eighteen years in the league, Russell Westbrook calling it quits, and you know he was still to the bitter end. If you gave Russ minutes, he was going to give you some level of production. Now it wouldn't always be efficient production, obviously, but even last year in Sacramento playing thirty minutes a game fifteen, six and six basically, And there's a lot of ways to discuss Russell Westbrook's career. I it's one of the most interesting careers ever, it's one of the most unique careers ever. It also is a career that I think will be misremembered as far as at his peak how good he was. Really. So if you take Russ what I consider his peak, which is his first full year back after the knee injury, through his one year in Houston, that year in Houston, he was All NBA and was underrated. In those six seasons, his averages were twenty six, nine and ten. He won an MVP, had three other top five finishes, and in those six seasons was All NBA every season, two time first team, two times second team, two time thirteen and critically speaking, in those seasons, his team was decidedly better with him than without him. And that's the part of Russ that I think, because of how the career ended, and because some of the analytical numbers are so garish, people are going to act as if his style never led to any winning And that's a more complicated discussion than it actually seems like. But as far as was having Russell Westbrook on the court good for your team, undeniably yes, throughout the entirety of his prime. Gets a little trickier in the playoffs, and we'll get to that. But Russ is during his prime in particular, availability, crazy high minutes for the era, absolutely endless energy and effort. He was an absolute son of a bitch to deal with. And while people can parse all in twenty seventeen, MVP should have been this guy. He was absolutely a super nova that first season in Oklahoma City without Durant. It's not only that he averaged a triple double, first guy to do it since Oscar Robertson, And it wasn't only that he broke Oscar Robertson single season triple double record, and by the way, the game in which he broke that record, he had a fifty point triple double and the buzzer beating three to win the game. It was that that Oklahoma City teams entire plan every game was Russ create fifty some points of offense for us, and he did it. He won the scoring title, scoring thirty one and a half a game, second scoring title of his career, I believe. And then also was a terror on the glass and despite the insane usage rate, didn't wear down and followed those seasons up with two years in a row where he won the assists title while averaging double digit rebounds. And then after that year in Houston, once he got to Washington, I think we're post prime. But in Houston, you know, it was twenty two, eleven and eleven, and on those silly eighty two and zero games or whatever, they treat him like a god for that one year. One year in Washington. He had a great career and he worked his ass off and all time great players that I think, you know, not the full list, but that I think he undeniably had a better career than and was a better player than mellow Dominique Dwight A. D. Gary Payton, Steve Nash, Clyde Drexler, guys that I think he is right behind as far as his full career tricky one. But Kawhi Iverson, Clyde Fraser, Jason Kidd, Patrick Ewing, that's the group. I have him right behind. He's one of the you know, what's my full list of guards better that have had better careers than Russ, the full list, Michael Magic, Kobe Steph those are obvious ones. I just don't want to leave anybody out. Zeke, Chris Paul, Dwayne Wade, Shay West, and Jerry West, Oscar Robertson, Stockton Harden. Those are the twelve guys that, to me like the only twelve guys that reguards that definitively are definitively higher on the pyramid than Russ. I think kids ahead of him, you know the I think Iversen's a touch ahead of him, And I said, SGA right, SGA ahead of him. But so he's, you know, somewhere thirteen fourteen, fifteen sixteen, depending on how you want to do it. So it's an unbelievable career. It also is, you know, young elite or aspiring elite athletes can learn a lot from both sides of Russ's career. You can learn what endless energy, effort intensity, what that can do for you in a positive way. Now, obviously you can't learn his absolutely freakish athleticism where there was during his prime he was a can sit for a decade, maybe a top three just raw athlete in the league. Can't learn that, But the other stuff you can learn the flip side. And I wanted to do this last, not first, because I don't listening. He's one of the fortiest greatest players ever. I just said, you know, he's one of the thirteen, fourteen, fifteen greatest guards of all time. You don't want to spend it and the like, here's what was wrong with him on the front end, but it is part of his story, is the stubbornness and the hard headedness and the refusal to evolve once he no longer was the league's best raw athlete, and how that's a big part of the reason that in the final decade of his career, teams he was on went on one.
Speaker 2: Sorry, one, two, three, four, five.
Speaker 1: Six, two to eight in playoff series from that first year without Durant to retirement, and those two playoff series wins were one year in Houston by the skin of their teeth over the young young OKC team and the Clippers. I'm sorry the Nuggets seven game victory over the Clippers last Round one. That's it. And where you know, if you russ over that last decade of his career in the postseason was so wildly inefficient that it really really hurt his teams. From the MVP year through the end of his career, fifty three playoff games, thirty eight percent from the field, thirty percent from three on five threes a game, four turnovers a game, not ideal, and it is not nothing that for a guy who had that much just unbelievable talent, work, ethic, competitive spirit, all of it. When it came to overall team winning, underachieved because he was a bit of his own worst enemy. That's not like an unfair statement, and there's a lesson in that as well. But overall, you know, eighteen years in the.
Speaker 2: League one MVP won, there's seven, six, ten, nine time All NBA, two time first team, five time second team, two time third team, four consecutive Top four, Top five.
Speaker 1: Pardon me, MVP finishes and as an added bonus, one of the greatest off the court guys as far as how he treated people on teams and the work he did in the community, all those things when I treat people that worked for teams those things. One of just the greatest guys in the league for twenty years and a first ballot Hall of Fame career, and anybody that's arguing he's not a Hall of Famer is a moron. I can't even say they're just trolling. They they just don't understand how the Hall of Fame works. And this is he is a no doubt walk right in immediate guy. Hey, everybody. With Russell Westbrook announcing his retirement after eighteen years this week, we decided we wanted to drop back into your guys feeds. The piece we did and we were doing the fifty greatest Players of the last fifty years. So it's about four years ago on the pod. The conceit of the piece was basically kareem through that moment in NBA history. So like twenty twenty two is twenty three the fifty greatest players of you know that the modern era of the NBA At that moment, Russell Westbrook came in thirty fifth on those rankings. That's honestly right about where he would be today. Like the only guys who weren't on the list who would have jumped him would have been Shay and Joker, and so he'd still be right around there. And he hasn't had any massive postseason or regular season moments since then. And so this is a look at the Russell Westbrook pod from his spot on the fifty Greatest Players of the last fifty years, now that he has retired, player number thirty five, Number thirty five, Russell Westbrook. Russ was maybe the single hardest player to reign of this entire enterprise because so Russ's regular season accomplishments are up there with the twelve to fifteen greatest players ever. Two time first team All NBA, five time second Team All NBA, two time third Team All NBA, so he's nine time All NBA. He won an MVP three other times he came in top five. He has two scoring titles and three assists titles. One of the only players in league history, Tiny Archibald, Ostar Robertson, Lebron James, and Russell Westbrook are the only guys to ever do it once. Russ's on it. Two scoring dials, three assist titles average a triple averaging a triple level hadn't been done in fifty years. Russ did it three straight seasons, then took a year off, did it a fourth straight season. He is going to be known for the triple doubles, so let's dig in there for a moment. He has won one hundred and ninety four career regular season triple doubles as of this recording. That's not only the most all time. Only Lebron, Jason Kidd, Magic, and Oscar Robertson even have one hundred career playoff career regular season triple doubles. Russ is likely going to finish his career well north of two hundred career triple doubles. In the playoffs. He's third all time in triple doubles. Okay, so that's the good of Russ. We'll get to the bad in a moment. But you guys know how much playoff stuff matters for me on this. It's unfair and disingenuous to act like Russ never had good playoff moments. He did. So let's just we're gonna go in chronological order, and we're gonna need some time here. In the twenty twelve Finals, the only game the thunder one in that series, he was twenty seven, eight and eleven as a kid in the finals. In that in game four of those finals, which they lost, he was the best player on his seam by mark with no dispector Duran. He was forty three seven and five on twenty of thirty two from the field in game four of those finals forty three, seven and five to try to stay alive instead of falling down three to one, but they end up losing. For that for his first finals ever, he's twenty seven his only finals twenty seven, six and seven. So we can't act like that that didn't happen. Now, let's move on to twenty fourteen. Twenty fourteen, he's twenty seven, ten and sixteen on just sixteen shots in game seven of the first round against Memphis helped them propelled them what would have been a disastrous loss for them. In that same year, Western Armorg Semis the next round. You guys, remember everyone remembers the CP three meltdown game. Say the Clippers have the big lead. CP three tries to draw the foul. He doesn't get it, but gets forgotten is Russ in that game went to totoe with Chris Paul and ate him up. He was thirty eight, five and six and got fouled at the very end of the game as the Clipper from Melting Down hit all three free throws to win the game. That very next round Western Arference Finals, the Thunder a down two to one to the Spurs. The Spurs were going to win the title. Russ was forty five, ten and five up to this point. Yes, he was a little inefficient, a little careless with the ball, but nobody was killing Russ. So that's twenty fourteen. Let's go to twenty sixteen. That's the year the seventy three win Warriors were down three to one to Russ and Katie's Thunder. Let's all about what he did there in Round one against Dallas thirty six, twelve and nine to send Dallas home. Average for games five and six of the Western Armand Semifinals against the Spurs to send them home average thirty two, seven and twelve in those two games. So again, it's all going good. To go up three to one on the Warriors in the Western Armence Finals average twenty seven, seven and twelve, including thirty six, eleven and eleven in Game four to go up three to one. The problem is since then she's gone real sideways since then, since the Klay Thompson game, since that moment and then Katie leaves, it's been bad, and it's been bad in the playoffs for five six years. So Round one versus Houston, the first year without Durant, he did have a fifty one ten and thirteen, sixty one ten and a fifty one tripled in the playoffs average for the series thirty seven to twelve and eleven. But despite that, they lost in five. Why did they lose him five? Because even though Russ was averaging all those points and assists and rebounds, he shot thirty nine percent from the field and twenty seven percent from three, and he was shooting ten threes a game. Then next year in the first round against I think it was Utah with Paul George, he had a forty five to fifteen and seven to stay alive and a forty six ten and five in Game six, And if you go back and look at it, that forty six ten and five where they lost, he wasn't good. And that was with Paul George. And then the next year Dames sends him home and then Paul George leaves him, so his career averages for the playoffs are twenty five, seven, and eight, which are exceptional, and his career playoff percentages are forty percent from the field and thirty percent from three, which are awful. So what do you do with Russell west I still feel like because it's been so bad as of late, and this last year with the Lakers, with such a disaster, people forget how dominant he was at his peak. Flawed but dominant. The MVP's got to matter. The triple doubles might have been slightly overrated, but they have to matter to a degree. He was the single hardest player to rank in this entire enterprise. He's player at number thirty five from Russell Westbrook. And now we have a surprise questionnaire. No one has told me who this is. Let's see what the Russell Westbrook question is.
Speaker 3: Hey, Nick, you nobody else. We're not a akl from White Plains. Here Russell Westbrook at thirty five. We love the effort, We love mister triple double. But Russ at thirty five, Come on, neck, You've got James Worthy, big game, James ten spots down the list. At forty five, you have George Gervin never been to an NBA final. Ahead of Big Game, James, you have Gary Payton, who won a NBA title.
Speaker 1: Is a parting. I had a big game, James.
Speaker 4: You have Sidney MOKRII, who I loved one of the triple tremarkets all had a big game James, but Russe at thirty five. Big Game James at forty five, one Finals appearance for Russ. Big Game James three titles, most valuable player in one of the great game seven performances in the history of the National Basketball Association. His numbers in the postseason leaps and bounds the regular season. This guy got it done when it was the most important time to get it done, while Russ has been a shrieking Violet. Moved that camera up a little closer.
Speaker 1: In words that I know only you can understand this old man. He ain't lying, all right. That's the greatest sports radio caller ever, my friend Alan white Planes. Unfortunately, Alan white Planes, instead of really asking me Russell Westbrook question, he used his time to really just make the case for James Worthy. James Worthy was a hard one to rank as well as we talked about it. If you want to go back and listen to the episodes. James Worthy doesn't have the All NBA and the MVP votes and all that stuff because of the team he was on, but he was unbelievable in the biggest moments. So I do understand the kind of reversal there. So you have one guy who has all the regular season stuff, all of it, and not a lot of the playoff stuff in Russ, and another guy who has all the playoff stuff but not a whole lot of the regular season stuff, and James So am I overvaluing the regular season? I would agree, possibly if a Russ didn't have any substantial playoff moments. But I think I laid out that early in his career, up until Game five of the twenty sixteen playoffs forward game five of the Western Urbans Finals, I should say, basically from the moment Katie left to now, up until then, he was actually a very valuable playoff performer. So I think that. So I think Russe. Let me put it like this, Russ's playoff resume, one can make a strong case, is heftier than James Worthy's regular season resumes, and Russ's regular season resume is eye to eye with James Worthy's playoff resume, Russ's regular season resume is that of an all time guy. So again, though I said at the beginning that Russ was maybe the hardest player to rank, I'm comfortable with Russell Westbrook being the thirty fifth best player of the last fifty years. All right, let's talk NBA Opening Night. Go ahead. So the full.
Speaker 5: NBA schedule releases Thursday, but they've already announced some big days. So Opening Day we've got Pistons at Celtics, Sixers at Knicks, Thunders at Spurs, and then Christmas Day you've got Spurs at Nicks, Heats at Celtics, Sixers at Lakers, Thunders at Timberwolves, Nuggets at Warriors. Which these games are you eyeing or looking forward to?
Speaker 1: Well, so massive takeaways all over the spot. First of all, I'm gonna jump right to you know what, We'll get to the snubs later. Let's talk about the positives. Five teams got both Marquis Days, Thunderspurs, six Ers, Nicks, Celtics. Those are the five teams that are playing Opening Day and Christmas. The only I guess somewhat surprised there is the Celtics' brand equity, being that strong. I mean again, like, I wouldn't think the Celtics would be left out. And the Celtics are one of the greatest franchises in the history not just of the NBA of sports, and they've got a superstar in Jason Tatum, and they're supposed to be good, really good. But it surprised me a little bit that the Celtics were. Let me put it like this, of the five teams that got double dips, the Celtics were the most surprising, even if it's not that surprising at all, so that you know, that jumped out to me. The five other teams that got a single game were the Pistons, more on them in a moment, the heat more on them as well, then Timberwolves, Nuggets, Warriors. Okay, so in no particular order. My immediate first takeaway is we have a bunch four years face of the league conversations, and then every single year the NBA tells us, yeah, it's Bron, Yeah, it's just Bron. In fact, we can't even do the schedule until Lebron signs, and then when he does sign, we're gonna give his team the premiere spot on Christmas Day, the three PM Chris or five pm. The third game on Christmas, the Marquee Christmas Day game? Hey, are we gonna do rematch of the finals? No, we'll put that in the morning, all right? Are we gonna do? What are other options here? We're gonna how about how about Lebron with you know, with his one game back in Los Angeles? How about that's the Marquee game? Okay, that's Christmas? All right? What about opening night? Opening night? What are we doing? Are we doing the rematch of the finals?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 1: No, we're not gonna do that there. Okay. Are we gonna do Jail and Brown Jason Tatum that you know that? No, we'll find another spot for that. How about Lebron against the defending champs? How about the defending champs when they get to open their drop their banner? Lebron's there? Sound good for everyone? Think people will watch, good for ratings, good for business. Cool? What are we doing with Wimby? We'll put them on after? What about? What about? What about on Christmas Day? We'll put them on in the morning when be as opening their presence. We gotta make like I again, I'm not even saying this is not an evaluation of whether or not this is what they should do. This is an evaluation of what they will do, and what they are telling you is the NBA universe still revolves around Lebron James, right or wrong, and they're scheduling it accordingly. So that's first takeaway. Second takeaway, Steph Curry's star power is real because of the fifteen teams, not fifteen ten teams pardon me, that have games Opening Day or Christmas. The worst team by a mile is Golden State and they're you know, they were never going to be left out. Like every other team listed, there should be somewhere from really good to excellent. And then there's the Warriors in a game that nobody even thinks Jimmy Butler will be back for and they are the final game on Chris miss Day, so shout out to them on that to step on that front. Couple other small takeaways surprising to me, demands that we're gonna have a Christmas Day and Opening Day, by the way, but focus on Christmas. For there's five games with no Durant, like I can't the I can't remember the last time Durant's team with the Suns. Maybe I don't think so, though, because those seems were like and Durant are on a good team. The Rockets are Rockets are a good team. To have no Durant on Christmas Day is noteworthy to me. I'm not I and again, there the only I don't know that there were snubs. I'm sure the Calves are a little annoyed, and I bet the Rockets are a little annoyed. But that's really all that jumps out to me. Let me ask you. I am also sur I'm a little surprised that the Pistons got invited to the party, even though it's the three pm, middle of the day opening day game. That and maybe they didn't work. It's a little surprising the Pistons are there. I would have thought maybe the heat with Giannis would have gotten both, you know, Opening Day and Christmas Day. But I guess if heat at Celtics's Christmas, you're not gonna have Celtics heat opening night. So that's where they mix in the Pistons. But it is surprising to me even that the Pistons got that slot over Cleveland, or hell over Houston.
Speaker 5: Like that is right to see Detroit and Cleveland.
Speaker 1: No, I the NBA clearly agrees with you, like the NBA clearly agrees with you. So here are my other you know, uh general takeaways. I do think for opening Night, six Ers next thunder Spurs is awesome strategically by the league because for most people and by the Vegas odds, those are the projected conference finals. So an opportunity for the NBA season to start with those four teams basically and end with those four teams. I like that. I also would be remiss if I didn't recognize who wasn't playing on Opening Day that we haven't mentioned, So to Mon's go ahead, because you have a fun little fact here in stature.
Speaker 5: So the Lakers have played on an opening night every year since twenty nineteen. How do you think that they missed the cut this year?
Speaker 1: So what happened in twenty nineteen? This kind of goes back to my original point. Bron signed there, Bron left, and the Lakers all of a sudden like, sorry, guys, we don't have a spot for you. Like Lakers at Celtics is sitting right there for anybody that wants it instead of Pistons at Celtics. And you guys know how much I the Oh yeah, Lebron got there in twenty eighteen, signed in twenty eighteen. Pardon me, you guys know how much I how much I like Luca. But the fact that the Lakers have been supplanted in the Western Conference by the two small market Juggernauts thunder Spurs, and that they just for the first time in eight years or seven years, they're not an Opening Night is I guess somewhat noteworthy to me. Well, listen, I I think it is. I'm really interested in what Luca can do this year. I they also, you know, they they looked at the team that Luca took to the NBA Finals with Dallas a few years ago and said, how can we best remake that? And that's what they tried to do. I you know, it's been I spent a lot of time while you were on paternity to leave talking about how I thought the Lakers could have handled the final year of Lebron better to where maybe he would have signed with them for the minimum rather than signing with the Sixers for the minimum. But that that's water under the bridge at this point. But the the league is making very very clear to you through this schedule, at least in my eyes, that they view right now they are three biggest attractions as the Sixers, the Spurs, and the Knicks. That's the metal stand with also receiving votes being the Thunder and the Celtics, and they I'm I'm very I'm in i am very interested in how the Thunder, what the Thunders coverage is like in national TV games and all those things are like this year because they were never an overwhelmingly popular team outside of their own fan base to begin with. But when it's like, yeah, but they're the champs, they're the best. They're the juggernaut that you know, gives you a cachet that gets removed a bit when you don't win the title again, when you don't make the finals again. And now it feels like the Spurs having beaten them and being a team on the upswing, while the Thunder it feels like lost some you know, semi valuable parts and some pieces. Are a team that is potentially at least not on the down swing, but just a not quite as good as they were the last couple of years. So that's interesting. And then you know, the teams we haven't really discussed here. I mentioned the Heat that I thought maybe they could have gotten the double dip opening day on Christmas, aunt LaMelo and the Timberwolves. They host the Thunder on Christmas Night and then Joker against Steph as the nightcap, with two teams that only either one really thinks they have a real shot at winning the championship, despite having in Jokers case, maybe the best player in the world and in the Warriors case with Steph, one of the greatest players ever. Before we get to these other questions, did you, Demonde, did you have anything that jumped out to you or that or you want it about your Celtics or anything about the opening few nights? Uh?
Speaker 5: No, I was surprised that they got at it to both to both of those days, considering how the last couple of years has went. But I am really looking forward to seeing how the Timberwolves look this year. I'm very high on them.
Speaker 1: Oh but uh but yeah, no, oh oh yeah, because you so, I mean that'll be that seeing aunt LaMelo is going to be a show, that's for sure. Do we not have any details on the first six or Celtics games. That's the other thing that to me is interest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: The fact that Jalen Brown is going to be able to guard Jason Tatum all year over there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, back and forth exactly. And so now listen, they're gonna play each other four times, but if they that is the other so that you know what, I just stumbled upon. My other big takeaway that the league decided, instead of having if they wanted to have Bron in the sixers as the premiere Christmas game, the third Christmas game, the five PM slot, that they didn't make that sixer Celtics, that they they they prioritized Lebron's one game back in La over what could have been Jalen Brown's first game back in Boston. Yeah, you know what I mean, like you well, I mean, yeah, I mean, that's definitely true, but it is, but it also feels like there's more. I don't think I don't think it's fair to call it bad blood between the Lakers and Lebron. It might not be great blood, but I don't think it's bad like it what you know they did.
Speaker 5: You don't think that's pretty either.
Speaker 1: There hasn't been.
Speaker 5: The Jalen Brown situation with the Celtics, what do you mean? And Lebron with the Lakers, like just feeling like the team has not done well by you. You know, like, I feel like they both didn't have like.
Speaker 1: Crazy bet I didn't Jalen Brown feel yeah. I mean yeah, I think Jalen Brown feels done dirty and has like and there's been little, you know, semi public sniping between the sides Lakers and Lebron and Luke and all that publicly has all been super positive. You know, thank you for a great run. We appreciate it. There he did. He didn't get traded away, so you know it just even if below the surface there is you know, carping about the other side to people, it's not as obvious as I think the Celtics Jalen Brown thing. And I'm really interested. So that's the game that isn't listed here that I am most interested in singing Jalen Brown's first game, not against Boston necessarily first game in Boston, Like he obviously should get a standing ovation from the crowd. I imagine he will, but seeing him and Tatum go head to head I think will be you know, really fun and really interesting. And so yeah, I think the you know, shout out to the NBA. Also the what are the other opening week games that we know about? Demonse?
Speaker 5: So we got Lebron versus Cleveland, Denver at OKC, and Knicks at Celtics. Do you think that any of those should have made Opening Night?
Speaker 1: No? I think these are all exactly you know, we've listen, Lebron's been playing against the Calves without being on the Calves for almost a decade now, So like we don't need that one. Denver at OKC, I mean that was I mean that is a good matchup in a good series historically, has been a good series potentially, But no, so oh you know what the game that So this one does jump out to me now that I think about it. We have Thunder at Timberwolves and Nuggets at Warriors. Nuggets at Timberwolves seems like, you know, the one of the prime rivalries right now, and you know they've played in the playoffs a bunch of times, so I think that one you maybe could have done Thunder against the Warriors, but they probably wanted to give the Thunder up that more likely to be a good game, and they think the Timberwolves will be better than the Warriors. But it does feel like Nuggets Timberwolves is the more heated rivalry and we're not I don't know when we're getting that and oh, one other note, the only team with top ten title odds to not be in one of these games is the Raptors. Now, I think that's twofold. One is I think it is because the way television ratings work, anytime you do a Canadian team, it kind of it's not great for the rating because you get such a boost from the home market, But the home market when you do a Canadian team's not measured because it's not the US. So I think that's a small piece of it. But the other piece of it is whatever's going on with Kawhi. I think that if they put the Raptors on Opening Night, or if they feature the Raptors in any of this, Adam Silver would be accused of either putting his finger on the scale or tipping his hand like about what penalty is or isn't coming. So I think they felt it was easier to just leave the Raptors out of it. Plus again, like the Raptors aren't great for television ratings purely because they're a Canadian market.