Speaker 1: I Am all In, I Kiss You, I Am all In with Scott Patterson an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey, everybody, listen before we get sorry, I want to tell you I'm gonna be at Indie Popcorn in Indianapolis, Indiana, August twenty five through twenty seven. So come on down, Let's have some Gilmore fun. Love seeing you guys, and uh, we're gonna have a good time. Okay. Pop Culture Season five, episode twenty How many Crowpogs the Cape cod I Am all In Podcast, iHeartRadio one to eleven productions. I Am joined by Danielle Romo, Amy Sugarman tyres students on assignment in Babylonia otherwise known as Arizona, which is cool? What one hundred and eight? Right now? Amy?
Speaker 3: About that?
Speaker 2: About that? All right? So let's get this Logan what it could be? I mean, boy, I mean that place, Wow, beautiful but hot. Rory telling Logan that Paris is happy because she's dating Doyle. Rory, Yes, with Doyle, and do not mock or make fun because when Paris is happy, the whole world is happy. But when she's not happy, the whole world is Deadwood. Deadwood is an American western television series that aired on HBO from March twenty one, two thousand and four. And remember to write these dates down, everybody, because they are important. They will be on the quiz at the end of this episode to August twenty seven, two thousand and six, A show set in the late eighteen hundreds revolving around the characters of Deadwood, South Dakota town of deep corruption and crime. Rory is making the joke that the world is a scary place of Paris. Isn't happy like the town of ever got into Deadwood?
Speaker 3: I wish I kind of did. I maybe I'll pick it up again.
Speaker 2: Now, what was it?
Speaker 3: Ian McShane, Am I messing that up? And Timothy Oliphant, he's a haughtie, He's a hounk, he's a hunk. I think Deadwood's back? Actually, am I wrong? I think there's a new incarnation of Deadwood that's back, because I've seen Timothy Oliphant like all over the place. I'm just saying, I'm not sure. I have to look that up. Rory showing Logan address that she's thinking about wearing for her first day and her internship, which actually I think she should have. I want to look professional, but not Lois Laney. Lois Lane is a fictional character appearing in American comic books Superman. She has an award winning journalist for the Metropolis newspaper The Daily Planet, and the primary love interest of Superman and his alter ego, Clark Kent. Now in the movie, Lois Lane's way more into Superman than Clark Kent, at least in the Christopher Reevers. Lois often wears professional journalist attire, including her long sleeved white blouse, black's labels, vest, and black dress pants. Let me ask you a question. In the original Superman, when Lois is in sort of that like dress and she asked Superman what color underwear am I wearing? Why can't he tell her?
Speaker 2: Because he's a gentleman.
Speaker 3: Nope, he can't see through lead and she was standing behind that lead plantern.
Speaker 2: Well, same thing.
Speaker 4: Rory is reciting Mitcham's history and accomplishments. That she goes to the logan and Rory says, oh. The man was shortlisted for the Pulitzer for covering the Iranian hostage crisis when he was twenty five years old. The Iran hostage crisis was a diplomatic standoff between the United States and Iran. Fifty two American diplomats and citizens were held hostage after a group of militarized Iranian college students who supported the Iranian Revolution took over the US embas Tevran and took them as hostage hostages. The hostages were held for four hundred and forty four days from November fourth, nineteen seventy nine, to their release on January twentieth, nineteen eighty one. The crisis is considered a pivotal episode in the history of Iran United States relations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you want to go on the next one since you're going with the history lesson today?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sure, getting all the wordy words.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can do all the hard ones.
Speaker 4: Okay. So in that same scene, Rory says, oh wait, your dad covered Haiti in nineteen eighty five. Must learn more about Haiti, got it? Okay, let's go. Hey, have you ever discussed Pinochet with him? A constitutional referendum was held in Haiti on July twenty second, nineteen eighty five. The amendments to the new constitution would restore multi party politics, although only the condition Although only on the condition that all parties wore allegiance to the President John Claude de Vallier, as well as reconfirming d Valier as president for life. In a life Himo to single handed the appoint the prime Minister and his successor In nineteen eighty five, Haitian constitutional referendum increased Devalier's power, angering much of the populace in nineteen. In November nineteen eighty five, opposition held protests in cities around the country, which led to many protesters to be arrested and killed by law enforcement. Augusto Pinochet was a Chilean general and dictator who ruled Chile from nineteen seventy three to nineteen ninety and. Welcome to your history.
Speaker 3: We gave him, We gave the cow.
Speaker 4: Welcome to your history.
Speaker 2: Lesson, Oh good, I get the paper Moon thing. Rory telling Laurel I she will not return the blue sweater again, as she has already returned the capri pants twice and tried to return some of Laurel's all sales final items. Rory, I can't show my face in any stores of New Haven. They'll think on paper mooning them. Laurele, Oh, she was very cute in paper Moon. Paper Moon is a nineteen seventy three American road comedy drama film. It features real life father and daughter Ryan and Tatum O'Neill. They team up as slick con artist Moses Prey and Addie Loggins in nineteen thirties Kansas, when Mose was unexpectedly saddled with getting the nine year old Addie to relatives in Missouri after the death of her mother. His attempt to dupe her out of her money backfires and he's forced to take her on as a partner. Rory is saying, if she keeps returning the same sweater over and over again, the stores will think she's I never saw.
Speaker 3: Paper Moon, did you?
Speaker 2: Boy?
Speaker 3: I think Tatum O'Neill was nominated for an Oscar.
Speaker 2: Though she I think she won an Oscar for.
Speaker 3: That fun fact about Tatum O'Neill. If anybody cares, she was married to John McEnroe. Then they got divorced and John McEnroe married the lady the lead singer of Scandal. You know, yeah, I think she might be Smith. I think she is Patty Smith. The other one's Patty Smythe.
Speaker 2: No, Patty Smythe is the one he married. Patty Smith is the one.
Speaker 3: That Okay, then I give it to you.
Speaker 2: But oddly, both Patty Smythe and Tatum O'Neill their forehands and their backhands didn't improve as a result.
Speaker 3: But did you see John McEnroe come out of the you know box where he does his like corresponding and hit the balls with the you know current tennis player and he won the point?
Speaker 2: Oh he still got it?
Speaker 3: Oh he does that? Guy is good.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean Johnny Mack's the documentary you would like that.
Speaker 3: I've never seen Paper Moon, but I have seen the John McEnroe Doctor.
Speaker 2: John McEnroe's most difficult opponent was himself.
Speaker 3: H Rory, telling Lorlai that this internship is an incredible opportunity. Yeah, sounds like it. You'll be having lunch with the off bet editors from the Times, hanging out with Peter Jennings. Dan Rather will be valet parking your car. Peter Jennings was a Canadian American television journalist, best known for serving as the sole anchor of ABC's World News Tonight from eighty three until his passing in two thousand and five. Jennings passed three months after this episode aired.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 3: Dan Rather is an American journalist, commentator, and former national evening news anchor. Rather is known for his anchor role on CBS Evening News, a role he occupied for twenty four years. Peter Jennings at ABC News, Tom Broke at NBC News, and Dan Rather were the big three nightly news anchors in the US from the eighties through the early two thousands. I know it well, Lorali is saying, Rory working with Mitcham is big enough to be running in the same circles as the biggest journalist of two thousand and five. Fun trivia game for everybody, Here we go. Who is the news anchor on ABC? Now?
Speaker 2: Nobody want?
Speaker 3: David Muir? Who is the news anchor on NBC? Lester Holt? Who is the news anchor on CBS? I don't know that one. I do not know. I don't know, Yes, Johnny Depp, tune in for your Yes, neither of it. I cannot remember the CBS news one is. I think it might be a woman, but I I could be wrong.
Speaker 4: All right, Laurel is telling Luke how Rory is getting up at two am to go see Lane's band play, and Laurel I says yes, except that when the clock goes off at two, she will be dead asleep and won't hear I. However, will I will then proceed to get up, drag myself downstairs, recreating a classic Zucker brother's moment, and then I'll shake her awake. Zucker, Abrams and Zucker abbreviated to zazz z Z were an American comedy filmmaking trio consisting of Jim Abrams and and brothers David and Jerry Zucker, who specialized in writing slapstick comedy films during the nineteen eighties. Wow what Lorelei is referencing the classic movie Airplane, where they try to get a passenger to calm down in a line forms to shake the woman, and each time it gets more aggressive.
Speaker 2: Airplane. There's that movie again, Amy.
Speaker 3: What's your victor? Victor? What's your over under?
Speaker 2: Roger? Roger, we need to get her to a hospital.
Speaker 3: Fictions, but that's not important right now. And then it says, I've got a question. What's that It's an interrogative statement or something like that. He goes, but that's not important right now, So good, so good.
Speaker 2: Who is it me now? Mitcham talking to one of the head people at the Stamford Eagle Gazette, Mitcham, I'm saying these little costs, it's having you drop your hard correspondence. How much are you paying for syndicated features? You run? Dear Abbey and A Landers and ask Vicky? How many different ways of people in this community? Do you hear? Honey? He ain't going to change thumb? Is that? It's an American advice colm founded in nineteen fifty six by ap Pauline Phillips under the pen name Abigail van Buren, and carried on today by her daughter, Jeanie Phillips. Is that Genie Phillips or gene nobody knows?
Speaker 3: But it's okay.
Speaker 2: But that's not work right now? That's Esther Letterer, better known by the pen name Ann Landers, was an American advice calumnist and eventually a nationwide media celebrity. She began writing the Ask and Landers called nineteen fifty five and continued for forty seven years, by which time its readership was ninety million people. Ask Vicky is an advice column blog run by Vicky Matthews.
Speaker 3: I never heard of her.
Speaker 2: I never heard what what is? What does ND stand for?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: It's not MD. She's some kind of a if she kind is kind of.
Speaker 3: You keep going and I'll tell you it has on sale.
Speaker 2: Google doctor of neuropathy it is.
Speaker 3: It is no drugs, naturopathic doctor.
Speaker 2: Oh natural, notre dame. It's a natural, right, all right? Well take your pick. Maybe it's all of them. Maybe it's just as Vicky. What's North Dakota.
Speaker 3: State?
Speaker 2: That's that important? Right now? Ask? Vicky uses the Five Elements models from Chinese medicine to help people understand and improve every relationship. The blog covers general relationships challenges and also responds to questions posed by readers.
Speaker 3: Rory, this is my favorite one. I've got a fun game. Rory begging Logan to give her foe on Mitchen so she can connect with him. He likes jazz, but not when it gets too experimental, and he hates when they quote my favorite things. My Favorite Things is a song from the nineteen fifty nine Rogers and Hammerson Hammerstein Music for the Sound of Music. Here's a game. Rain Drops on.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 3: Finish the line rain.
Speaker 4: Drops on my windowsill?
Speaker 3: Are you guys joking me? Right now? Rain Drops on my guitar? Roses whiskers on my chicken. No, do you guys not know the song? My favorite things? Rain drops on roses, whiskers on kittens, rain drops on on kittens, brown paper packages tied up with strings.
Speaker 4: These are few of my favorite things.
Speaker 2: When the dog.
Speaker 3: Bites, when the bee bite things, when I'm feeling sad, I simply remember my favorite and things, and then I don't.
Speaker 5: Know you bad.
Speaker 2: Wonderful rendition.
Speaker 3: We can really pull up the harmonies.
Speaker 2: Okay, have iHeart make out that royalty check to Rogers and Hammerstein or New York City.
Speaker 3: I have the rain drops on roses, whiskers on kittens, and I forgot bride copper kettles and warm wool and mittens. Pete, what kind.
Speaker 4: Of favorite things are those?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 5: How?
Speaker 4: Those sort of like chocolate chip cookies and.
Speaker 3: Sex and the city marathon chocolate chip.
Speaker 4: Cookies, right okay?
Speaker 2: Next one the most the most harmless things in the world.
Speaker 4: Right Okay? So the next one, Lucas saying to Lorelaija that she shouldn't meet with the guy about selling the inn and the potential new job, and then take it back and tells her she should meet with him. Laura, I says, my daughter, my sister, my daughter, my sister. Lurlai is quoting to the nineteen seventy four film Chinatown. Faye Dunaway's character in Chinatown admits that she had a sexual relationship with her father. Ooh, is that real in the movie? Yeah, gosh, I've never seen that movie before.
Speaker 2: It's an edgy, edgy fil.
Speaker 4: And one question who Catherine really is. She first says she's her daughter, then changes to my sister, and then eventually saying my sister and my daughter. And Laura Lai says this line because Luke is going back and forth on whether she should meet with this guy and is making it confusing.
Speaker 2: After Rory and Logan leave, Emily and Richard come back to the dining room and ask what's wrong with Laurela I? Laurrea I nothing, Just on those National Geographic shows, people are so sweaty after a meeting ritual be tour powder dry. You know that was a great line, that really was. National Geographic Channel features documentaries with factual content involving nature, science, culture, and history, plus some reality and pseudo scientific entertainment programming. Anyway, that's going to wrap it up, folks. Next episode is Blame Booze and Belle.
Speaker 5: That's that right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? How you get that right? Yes, I did Episode twenty one. Best fans on the planet. Thanks for downloading, everybody. Keep the cards and letters coming. We read them on the potty and uh we read them all this. We're all in. Thanks Amy Shugman. We are now. It's contractually obligated to read every single comment Instagram while we're on the party on the pup alli everybody, all the best, have a great day and remember we and I I'm all in.
Speaker 5: Stay safe, hey everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: Oh you're Gilmore fans. If you're looking for the best cup of coffee in the world, go to my website from my company Scottip dot com s C O T T y P dot com Scottip dot com
Speaker 5: Grade one Specialty Coffee