Speaker 1: What is it body dysmorphius in?
Speaker 2: What does that mean? I think I'm fat all the time. Yes, well, I mean anyway.
Speaker 1: Live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy Studios, this is Serial Killers.
Speaker 2: No Andy, Hi, Scott, welcome.
Speaker 1: How are you today?
Speaker 2: You're a year older today? Yeah, I am congratulations.
Speaker 1: The grades are coming in. No, you still look good, dude, No, I got grays.
Speaker 2: No, you just have bald spots.
Speaker 1: You're no, I have bald spots.
Speaker 2: I looked like that probably ten years ago, and then all of a sudden, I was like, woof, woof. Now more salt than pepper. Oh cute. I love that. Yeah, but when I put like when I put gel in my hair, you can't see it as much. Hold on, that's a tip for all you hold on salt.
Speaker 1: Get hit by this, alswer this.
Speaker 2: Let's just let Celia know that we're recording. Okay, Oh boy, there's noises everywhere, there's phone is ringing, there's kids arriving at school. There's lots of things going on here. Anyway, this is Serial Killers. It's the podcast where we try cereal and we let you know whether it's good enough for you to buy. We write it on a five bowl system half bowls we call spoons, just in case you've never been here before. And this is the podcast where we think inside the box because you know, cereals in a box. Sometimes it's in a bag, but most of the time in a box.
Speaker 1: That was a good time filler. Okay, let's get to today's episode.
Speaker 2: All right. Anyway, Andrews, So not too long ago, I was on a wonderful road trip with my daughter Cooper. Fun because she still likes to do things with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, So we drove.
Speaker 2: Down to see my car seat. Of course, yes, she buckled into the car seat in the Backshe always had her apple juice at and also the apples Squeeze sauce.
Speaker 1: Oh, she loves that one.
Speaker 2: The go Go squeeze is her favorite.
Speaker 1: Go Go squeeze is good because it's not it's a cinnamon. There's no solid in there. She's not ready for solid, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and I had extra diapers. We were good horse. Of course, it was wonderful, mister ed Okay, isn't that a horse? Yeah, never mind. Anyway, so we took a road trip. We saw some of my good high school friends down in South Carolina, bluffed in to be exact, and we hit up Hilton Head Island. We'll talk about all this in a bull chat. Well, you actually heard about it last week anyway. So went to supermarket because that's what I do when I'm out of the area.
Speaker 1: You were very happy about this. Oh my god, I texted me the whole time. Yes, eighteen box is a cereal curation complete.
Speaker 2: That's right. I did three episodes while I was there.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 2: Went to food Lion, went to the Public's okay, and went to Harris Teeter. Harris Teeter, yep. And what's the other one we went to. I don't know. There was another one?
Speaker 1: Okay, the other one Publics.
Speaker 2: No, I said, Publics. There was one. Oh, I'm so upset. I can't think of it. It's just another one Harrison Ford's, No, I said, Harris Teeter.
Speaker 1: The one the wind Dixie.
Speaker 2: No, they don't have wind Dixies there. Whatever it is, Oh, Kroger, Croger, Kroger, Yeah, they don't have those around here. So it's exciting. It's exciting to go to different supermarkets, for sure, you don't care.
Speaker 1: I was in the whole the shop, right in the organic section, and they had a whole bunch of cereals that we hadn't tried yet, but I didn't buy them.
Speaker 2: Of course you didn't, were you. So when you go when you travel, okay, so when you travel places, for me, it's a supermarkets. Are there are other things that you like to see when you're on vacation like that we don't have here in this area.
Speaker 1: Not really. I like to go sight seeing. That kind of does it for me? Well, for me, it's like the trains are nice, like going on like their metro to choose. Yeah, it's a little bit of the.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say it all right. Well, so we did go to the South Carolina Walmart. Yeah, and I was disappointed because there was nothing new until we got toward the end of the aisle and there was a box covering something. I'm like, wait a minute, I see something behind there that is unfamiliar to me, and so I pushed that box aside and I found it. Andrew, I did not even know that this was a thing. I bet you didn't either. I bet you I didn't, because if I didn't.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 2: Look at that Buddy special K zero strawberry cream crem I'm gonna say cream crem okay, because the little thing is on there. Yeah, cram'd I had regular special ky they had strawberries cream and these flakes. No, they're balls, Okay, yeah, I don't think I've ever had a special K ball. You absolutely If you check Serial KILLERSPC dot com Andrew, you'll see that you had Special K balls before. What are they called Special K protein zero whatever? Okay, Yeah, you're so done with me. I love it. I love it. You're just so over me.
Speaker 1: At least we're not arguing like we used to.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if we were brothers?
Speaker 1: No? No, absolutely not. And I already got rid of one twin that I was supposed to have, and I'll do it again.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right. You killed it in the wound yep, kicked it out yep. So this has four grams of net carbs. I don't know if that's good or bad, eighteen grams of protein. They make it sound good, but who knows. And five grams of fiber and is deliciously crispy crunch.
Speaker 1: Oh you didn't get this for you didn't Did you bring this for Cooper to read?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I was gonna bring it to the score when I read to the school, but I start reading level now. So these actually, I believe Andrews, since this is Kellogg's. Look at these and tell me what machine you think that they were made on.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the cookie cream cookies, cookie crisps.
Speaker 2: Not even in the same state, Andrew, different company.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the applejacks.
Speaker 2: These look like corn pops. Look at them. Yeah, they look just like corn and they just blew some strawberry cream on it.
Speaker 1: That Look at that spike from hitting the mic.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I hope it can just deafen you someone driving.
Speaker 1: Just so it smells good?
Speaker 2: It does. It smells like natural strawberries, a natural natural flavor with other natural flavors.
Speaker 1: Let's comment down, toots. Well, I'm not saying it smells like a natural natural a strawberry.
Speaker 2: About this anyway, Heading back to the Farmland Fresh Dairy's fridge.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you think we're using today?
Speaker 2: Andrew?
Speaker 1: Guess that milk pull h two percent reduced fat milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you look?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Check it out?
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. I used a little bit for my coffee yesterday and today. I hope you don't mind. So it's not a brand new container.
Speaker 1: That's fine. Wow, that is fragrant. All right, strawberry crim special case zero. Let's try it.
Speaker 2: Zero added sugar. That's what the zero's for. Oh, very stick right in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Huh m.
Speaker 2: Definitely has the corn pop consistency, but it's like a styrofoam piece with some artificial things on it. It has that weird flavor.
Speaker 1: Like the casa or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: But I don't stuff. It's got a monk fruit after taste. Well, because the zero added sugar, there's got to be one of those things in here. Yeah, let's see sweet protein, pea protein. There you go. This is not a speller pressed canola oil, modified foods, alouo syrup, lentil protein. Oh, it's got all the crap that those ones. We don't like.
Speaker 1: Two bowls. That is not good. It's too it's like overly sweet and at the same time cardboard.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: And then it also is just like not good.
Speaker 2: It's not sweet. That's the thing. It's a weird thing. Yeah, it's artificially it gets a bowl in a spoon. I don't really like it that much. I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Same. The smell is good, but you should know by the smell that if it's overly sweet smelling, it's probably gonna be disgusting.
Speaker 2: Plus, you know, when you think special, okay, you think crispy flake. So it kind of throws it off a little bit. I mean that's what I think it special okay always means flakes to me. Yeah, for sure. It's in shorts today, first time this year. Wow. Look at those legs. I mean, it's may I know, I got a tan them up.
Speaker 1: Oh you're showing showing some leg on the camera.
Speaker 2: Look at that. Look at them.
Speaker 1: This is gonna get us some YouTube bucks.
Speaker 2: Look at that showing the legs. Look at the tan line. Yeah yeah, oh oh wait, donn, that's pink panther. That's not sexy music. Get out of here.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's sexy pink panther music.
Speaker 2: All right. So also, while I was in South Carolina, Now, when we over to Hilton Head Island, that's like over the bridge, you know, so over there they have uh, the Sweet Frog. That's the yogurt store that Cooper likes. She can eat it because it's not solid. Yeah yet. No. So when in that same shopping center there's a Harris Teeter, which is a supermarket chain down south is Harris Teeter a guy. I'm sure Harris Teeter just sounds like a very old guy who doesn't want you on his porch. I think he has I feel like he had that Olga version groceries.
Speaker 1: I just may leave myself.
Speaker 2: He had one of those old hairsh tater pickup trucks with like the the wooden slats on the side.
Speaker 1: That's what I picture, Harris Tee. That's how the produce gets to there. Yeah, with the hay in the back, the hey, yeah for sure, right, Harris. And the crates of apples the round what do you call them? Barrels? Barrels, no pickles? Would you call them crates?
Speaker 2: No? You get a of apples a crate, no bushel apples, bushels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have the finest produce.
Speaker 2: Hersh I tell you. When Cubby and I went to visit his mom in Virginia Beach, there was a Harris Teater speaking of fine produce. The watermelons were on sale. So we bought a whole watermelon and we threw.
Speaker 1: It out of a window and it hit a cop car.
Speaker 2: Didn't hit a cop car, but we went like we went seventy miles an hour. I threw it out the sunroof on the road and it splattered.
Speaker 1: Everywhere those through the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man ninety you wouldn't get it.
Speaker 1: Man, we need to do the craziest stuff.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: We would buy a full price watermelon. Man, it was on sale. Man, we waited for discounts because that's what radical New age kids did.
Speaker 2: Bag me sound like teaching chim And then.
Speaker 1: We threw it out the window. Man, we were just anarchists.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't get it though.
Speaker 2: Man. Then we went back the next day in video taped to.
Speaker 1: We did it again. Bro, we went back and filmed ourselves. We spent more money at the grocery store and then threw it out of a car.
Speaker 2: We know what a waste.
Speaker 1: You didn't know anarchy, fight the system.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: Can't do that now, Yeah, I can't do it now.
Speaker 1: Kids don't know. They don't know that life anyway, Me had skateboards drove away.
Speaker 2: I never skateboarded. I was scared.
Speaker 1: I know you'd fall on your face.
Speaker 2: I was very scared.
Speaker 1: You rollerbladed, which makes it even better.
Speaker 2: No skates, roller.
Speaker 1: Skates short roller skates. You let me tell you the short that you probably wore. Push it up mores.
Speaker 2: In the eighties there were short shorts.
Speaker 1: Yep, I could see it.
Speaker 2: So anyway, Harris Teeter gives us cosmic marshmallow cereal. Can you guess, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's cookie crisp just kidding. It's lucky Charms.
Speaker 2: And while we were there in South Carolina staying at my friend's house, cooper ate all their lucky charms.
Speaker 3: Well, hair Peter makes cosmic marshmallows. He doesn't believe in space, but Harris Teeter wants you.
Speaker 2: To know, stupid bag man, you can't even open it. Who are you? That was horrific?
Speaker 1: What kind of bag terror is that?
Speaker 2: It was bad?
Speaker 1: If that were me, I would have been kicked off the show.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean all right, for many other reasons also, So these are just they're triangles and squares, the cereal pieces which are odd, and the marshmallows are quite cosmic. I see stars and crowns, right, And what is this? Is this?
Speaker 1: Look at the box?
Speaker 2: Is this corn?
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is. That's a little inappropriate. Let's see, they don't tell you what any of them are. No, it's not like a Lucky Charms, So it's just a green blob Orange Crown Farm.
Speaker 2: The fresh areas two percent reduced fat milk with on the container. We did never name her, did we, Henrietta? Okay, perfect wine, A lot of marshmallows. So much stuff here? What? What's no matter? Scott? What do you got in there?
Speaker 1: Plastic?
Speaker 2: Oh? I did that? Sorry? Just from that? Okay, yeah, no, it's from the it's from the box tear. Yeah. Look see it all came apart. Yeah. Yeah, here's more.
Speaker 1: You think that's nice? I give this four bowls. It's not as good as a Lucky charm. I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: I agree with you. It's not quite as good, but it's up there, so for me, it gets four bowls and a spoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually would prefer some more marshmallows. I think enough. Like if you give me the bag of Lucky tom with marshmallows over there, I'd like to add some more.
Speaker 1: We don't do that here. No, you're right, it's a remix. We don't remix how cereals look.
Speaker 2: The cereal pieces are nice and not quite as crunchy as your lucky charms. But it's not bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not It's not bad for the most part.
Speaker 2: We have found that all knockoff lucky charms are pretty good.
Speaker 3: So if you're in the area, stop, buy your hairs tater and get yourself some cosmic marshmallow cereal today.
Speaker 1: That's harrish Tater different.
Speaker 2: You're such a weirdo, man, am I? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Hey, guess what what? We should take a commercial break? But before we go, yes, guess what what? See this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you gotta light it on fire.
Speaker 1: Fight the system. Bro, we gotta go to commercials.
Speaker 2: You gotta run it over. That's the cool part.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so cute.
Speaker 2: It's the right thing to do, and we're bad. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna run over that.
Speaker 2: Can can't wait? Can videotape it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Post it for those views?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna post it. Whoa.
Speaker 2: I should go back in all my videotapes.
Speaker 1: And then convert them and then upload them.
Speaker 2: And make segments. Yeah, and make little vignettes.
Speaker 1: Except I have a feeling that if you go back and rewatch them, Yeah, it's gonna be the lamest thing you ever watched. We put baloney on his face.
Speaker 2: I still think it's funny.
Speaker 1: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Shaving cream actually.
Speaker 1: Wait, you shaving cream and put it on.
Speaker 2: A face what I think people would laugh at it or do you think it's because we know that them.
Speaker 1: When your competition was Jackass where they were literally like we were before them again Jackass who would literally launch people out of cannon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we started, and yours is like we rode over with our bikes. We started it.
Speaker 1: Though you started Jackass.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm done. We did it before them.
Speaker 1: We did it before then.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we put shaving cream on our hands and it would slap each other with it. Never thought of before it was new age.
Speaker 2: I hate you got a new age girl?
Speaker 3: Damn what you like?
Speaker 2: You know who saying that yellow card? No? Dead eye dick? Who dead eye dick? New age girl? Oh great song? Sounds it ninety three ish?
Speaker 1: Oh got it?
Speaker 2: I was two. I used to request it on the Q one O uh whatever?
Speaker 1: And Cedar Rapids Oh nice yep, Cedar rapids reference for those listening, Michelle, make sure your BINGO card is checked off.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I always stay fair on the way man, August, we should go. I want to go.
Speaker 1: Listen. If you're in the Iowa area and you want us to come, answer us.
Speaker 2: On everybody wants us to come. It's just can we I don't know, it's a week of like August seventh or something like that.
Speaker 1: I would go. I've never been to the fair.
Speaker 2: Oh, it is wonderful. It really is a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: That you're in your farmer era. People will start talking to you and you'll be like, ye, yes, yeah, we got one of them.
Speaker 2: Back right in. Dude, I'm gonna get my red wings and I'm just gonna like, I'll fit right in. I'll sit on the John Deere tire and sign autographs.
Speaker 1: I just open the damn bag. I'm done.
Speaker 2: So it's Cascadian farm honey, cashew granola. I also found this in South Carolina. This episode brought to you by South Carolina.
Speaker 1: What's their state motto?
Speaker 2: It's the Palmetto State?
Speaker 1: Is that their motto?
Speaker 2: I don't know what the motto is, but they are the Palmetto State. Do you know what a palmetto is?
Speaker 1: A palmetto bug?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: I know, but it's the tree. Oh on the license plate? Is the tree?
Speaker 1: What was it looking up? South Carolina state motto?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not sure if we're gonna like it or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this could get into some city territory, all right. The state's two mottos surrounded around the two old. On the left is animous o busk It's Latin Latin meaning prepared in mind and resources. On the right doom spiro spiro meaning while I breathe, I hope in the live laugh love sign. Is that state motto I always hope and breathe. Yeah, I hope, so for.
Speaker 2: Another breath that's all you can do. Right, So, Cascadian Farm, you know you remember who makes this right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Kellogg's no, General Mills, Yes, yes, Kelloggs makes the casche hashi right. So they all make like a healthy one, healthy or supposedly healthy one. Do you want to read? What's in there? While I pour the fond the fresh aries two percent reduced fat.
Speaker 1: Gray notes, cane sugar, sunflower oil, sorry renee pea protein cashuw's pumpkin seeds, honey, right.
Speaker 2: Pea protein.
Speaker 1: Why it's granola, cappyocha, star rice, flour, molashes, sea salt, natural flavors, vitamin a, tide's cashier ingradiums.
Speaker 2: I need more vitamins nowadays. Since I'm almost fifty, I started taking centrum silver. No you did it? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh wow?
Speaker 2: Anyway, there we go. Ooh cashews. Mm hmm, okry m. Nice mix of granola, some seeds and pumpkin things.
Speaker 1: I enjoy that.
Speaker 2: Not as many cashes as I would like, but it's pretty good. I did actually taste the honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give it.
Speaker 2: Four bowls and I just drink honey. So I love the taste of honey.
Speaker 1: Cool. Like what am I supposed to respond to that?
Speaker 2: You don't drink honey? No? Ever, No, sometimes I'll just take that bear and flip them upside down and go, oh, I just I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that wasnties.
Speaker 2: Everybody can do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we used to drink milk out of the cart and can't do that anymore.
Speaker 2: You can't because they don't open like that. You can't do it, you know, and then you just have the spout. Remember spouts. You know nothing about spouts, finn Yep, you would get it missing kids printed on there. You don't know anything about it, okay, all right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, four bowls and a spoon for me? Are you taking this home? I'm gonna go four bowls Ashley yogurt everything.
Speaker 2: Oh you would love that?
Speaker 3: On here?
Speaker 2: Why you want it?
Speaker 1: I mean I did like it, but I've been having my protein drinks here in the morning.
Speaker 2: I mean I just spent like seventy eight dollars on cereal, so you know the same. Anyway, listen, we appreciate you listening to Serial Killers. There's a myriad of cereal podcasts out there. Thank you for choosing us, like four or fifty four. No, there's more than four, Like a bunch the Milk one, that guy pour the milk Milk, the Cereal Queen one y Cereal Time.
Speaker 1: This is a lot we appreciate of all the cereal podcast right, you chose this one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, appreciate it. Please follow our good friends at Farmland Fresh Dairies Yes on Instagram. Check us out at serial Killers PC and Oh serial Killers pc dot com for all the ratings from all the over twelve hundred cereals we've done in a five year period. Thank you, congratulations to us. Yeah, and to you for stomaching.
Speaker 1: It were short shorts, not me. God wear shorts.
Speaker 2: Sure, so I'll get made fun of for wearing shorts that are too short, and I get made fun of making sure for wearing shorts that are too long.
Speaker 1: I think they look very fashionable, look fable pockets.
Speaker 2: I get in trouble if I'm too short. Thought they were coming back.
Speaker 1: I think these look good on you.
Speaker 2: Other cargoes were back.
Speaker 1: This length is good. Stick with this length.
Speaker 2: But now it's up on my thigh because I'm sitting, when it's a little further down when I'm standing.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, they look good. You'd stick with this length.
Speaker 2: I do. The lack of pockets really upsets me. I need that many pockets. I need so many.
Speaker 1: So promise you you're not going to be carrying a ruler, h tape measure hammer. You're not that guy.
Speaker 2: Well, no, I'm not doing carpentry. But I need I need the wallet, I need the phone, I need the money. I need the back pocket.
Speaker 1: With my wallet. Why aren't you putting your money in the wallet.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. I don't have that kind of wallet. I have a card wallet only. I don't have a cash I don't usually carry cash.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then why do you need a pocket for money?
Speaker 2: Because I have two dollar bills that I need for tips. So you do carry cash, yes, but not in a wallet. My life doesn't work that way. Thank you for listening to this podcast. UH check us out next Monday for an all New serial Killers and bold chat sprinkled in here and there. That's where we just talk about whatever. Yep, thank you for listening. Until we see you next time.
Speaker 1: Say Crunch Andrew, can I have some money? Oh wait, you didn't bring your money.
Speaker 2: Do I have two dollar bills?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you carried cash today?
Speaker 2: Only twos?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you carry cash.
Speaker 2: I told you I need them for tips.
Speaker 1: Okay, bye, here's a tip.
Speaker 2: What shut up?
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa radical Brah