Speaker 1: And now you're made events. Introducing the hosts Wrestling with Freddy, Chef Die Hand, Fredy Prince, Junior, Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to a brand new episode of Wrestling with Friends and this is the news of the week. A respectful shout out to the premier streaming network Showcase and it's new world champion Matt Cardona, who wore a Freddie Prinz Junior T shirt on his path to glory and victory. Also, congratulations go out to Impact Wrestling. We have reached a milestone of one thousand episodes in ae W. Bryan Danielson spoke on Collision and alluded to this being his final year in the ring or on this topic on unsanctioned Thursdays. Stay tuned because we have much more to get to today on Wrestling with Freddie Wrestling with Friends. Well, welcome to the show. Everybody with me is Jeff dyed looking like Logan from Wolverine and fresh off the boat from Alaska. How are you, sir?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling good. Alaska was fun. Yes, people can't see us, they can only hear us. But if you could see us, you'd noticed that I've shaved my mustache, but I've left the beard. The rest of it's still there. That's because that's in honor of you getting aggregated for talking about CM Punk. All these wrestling fans, well not all the wrestling fans, but some wrestling fans giving you a hard time about your comments about Punk, which I didn't think we're that controversial.
Speaker 1: Are they giving me a hard time? Man?
Speaker 2: Where they are just saying like, oh, you're kicking him while he's down, and you know, but here's the thing.
Speaker 1: While he's down, he just got millions of dollars and doesn't have to work exactly.
Speaker 2: Also, if you get fired and we comment on it, that's not us kicking you all. You're down, You just you got fired. We're gonna comment on it. That's how these things work. That's how the wrestling podcasts works. As you comment on the things that happen in wrestling, it's insane.
Speaker 1: Well I didn't, I didn't know. I upset so many people. So to those I upset you, you'll be okay, everything's fine, and I'm glad y'all are listening. And if you're not listening, I hope you do.
Speaker 2: That's true. Be more like Matt Cardona wear a Freddy T shirt and be a fan of me and Freddy.
Speaker 1: I think everybody should do that. By the way, I think I think we should record our podcast in Freddy Prin's T shirts like Matt Cardona. I think everyone on WT, like everyone in the Judgment Day, should for sure be wearing Freddy Prince Junior T shirts like Matt Cardona. I think the Bloodline probably will be on SmackDown, They'll be wearing Freddy Prince Junior T shirts just like Mat Cardona, and then on AEW I'd be surprised if the acclaim didn't come out in Freddy Prince and disappointed if they didn't come out in Freddy Prince Junior T shirts just like Matt Cardona.
Speaker 2: This weekend, when I'm in Dallas, I'm gonna be wearing a Freddy Prince Junior shirt on stage. That's a fact, Jack, Just.
Speaker 1: Like Mat Cardon fact, I'm gonna actually get a shirt covered in Matt Cardona faces and only rec or the podcast and then for now that tickled me to death. So dude, this is way out of order. Okay. I don't mean like you're out of order this will I don't mean like that just means structurally out of order. Can we talk Brian Danielson first, please?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, So we're going, man, we should save it for we should save it for Thursday, for unsanctioned Thursday.
Speaker 2: Save it, damn it.
Speaker 1: I want to all right, well save it. I love unsanctioned Thursdays because I could spend an hour talking about the awesomeness of Brian Danielson. All right, never mind, we're gonna go and order everybody. A lot of people just got excited and we're like, wait, damn it, set up whatever. Okay, so yeah, wait for unsanction It's just one more day. So Monday Night Raw, and this match broke my heart because his damn kids were in the crowd. Oh my god, it has ripped me apart. The Intercontinental as he calls himself heavyweight champion un versus Chad Gable. This was the main event, and this match was everything I hoped it would be. It was everything it was supposed to be. Both guys looked phenomenal, and those sons of bitches cut to his kids when he lost, and his little girl just like I mean, explain at least they cut away fairly quickly. But they let you see her vomit emotion and the tears come out and she started crying, and they're like, all right, we've tortured her enough. Cutaway.
Speaker 2: But oh my.
Speaker 1: God, man, imagine this footage that they're going to replay the first time Chad Gable wins a world championship, because you know they're going to go back to this footage and it's going to have the music and slow motion and the tears flowing down and Chad Gable almost winning and then he finally is going to like get a championship. Anyway, I loved this match. This is my match of the week. I shouldn't start the show like that, but I almost started it with unsanction Thursday. What did you think?
Speaker 2: Well, a lot of family there, you know what I'm saying, Yeah, a lot of family there. Like I saw originally I didn't watch it live, and I saw like all the tweets of people like just screenshot in the family watching the match, and I was like, this is that's so dramatic. I mean, surely they should know that this is predetermined by this point and some of some of the even though even his wife's crying, you know, like it was kind of unusual. Bro.
Speaker 1: They were so emotionally invest.
Speaker 2: I mean it was. It was wild, very exciting. Although this is the first time I ever remember them like advertising that like this beats honky Tonks standing record. Do you know what I'm saying? Like, have you ever heard them do that before? Before it happens?
Speaker 1: Well, they usually don't even refer to his streak that often. I know Santino did when he he was gonna have his good secutive days and it's only got to like thirteen days. Yes he lost. It was still funny, but I remember it was a fight for them. I didn't have anything to do with that. I really loved that that storyline. They had to fight for that storyline because Vince didn't even like hearing about that streak. So I don't, I don't. I don't know if that's why, But yeah, I don't. I haven't heard anything like that. But I don't even know if that's something I would remember. But that's so what's why it was weird to bring it up. It feels like so old.
Speaker 2: It almost felt like they were spiteful towards the Honky Tonk man, like.
Speaker 1: Like okay, but then.
Speaker 2: Maybe the record's gone. I was like, this is a strange way to even end the standing record, also because it was a loss, so it's kind of I was just kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I remember them saying that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I wish I could remember what the what the honky tonk man beef was. I'm sure it was just because he sued him first?
Speaker 2: Oh did? Or I mean if that or sorry, that's your.
Speaker 1: I'm guessing, dude, I'm guessing. I'm guessing, dude. I just know there was beef, and not like the meaty man meet beef, like bad beef, like like like a problem that you have with someone. This is It's weird because I honestly didn't think they were gonna split Jay and Jimmy up. Yeah, And now to see them on different shows and they're given each of them a hell of a shot. One as the ultimate babyface walking out through the piece crack and the other is the ultimate heel who is betrayed, and they're on different shows.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know if it's gonna work. They got huge balls for trying it, and I really respect them for trying it, and I hope it works out. But we'll find out because if they become brothers in arms again soon sooner rather than later, then you know it didn't work and they realize their energy together is better than separate. But and it hasn't been perfect with either guy yet. I hope it works, and I think it's got a shot because Jay just has that certain energy that people gravitate to. He's like a son and everyone's orbiting around him. And Jimmy is the more refined as far as the performance goes, and he's doing a good job as a heal on SmackDown. But I'm really really liking what I've seen so even though a storyline, Thanks to Cody Rhodes for bringing Jay over, because I think that's gonna help both of these guys, and that was something that I wouldn't have had the guts, I don't think to do to split them up. I keep them together forever.
Speaker 2: What do you think, though, do you want to think that the Bloodline storyline is tired or is this a sign that it's not? Like? What do you think it's just?
Speaker 1: Isn't it just another chapter in the Bloodline? Like not every chapter is going to be the focal point. And that's okay because there's a lot of other storylines that are coming to Fruition. I love the opportunity that they're given to the Almighty Group with Montese Ford, Angelo Dawkins, and Bobby Lashley. I like what they're doing with Judgment Day. We've got all the Gold. Like, I think we're seeing a lot of cool rivalry. AEW's made trios kind of cool again, right, and so I feel like WWE's seeing that and taking a bit from their competitor, which is good. These guys should be inspiring one another, which is cool and good for wrestling. But I don't know if it's if it's a tired storyline in the Bloodline. It's just a chapter in the storyline right now. It's falling apart, and the Bloodline is basically two dudes and only one of them represents because Roman is on a different work schedule as the champion. So yeah, man, I'm not hating on it because they're giving Jimmy a chance to be this sort of outcast that everybody hates, like everybody in wrestling aids, and they're giving Jay the opportunity to be the champion or the wrestler that everybody loves. And that's still directly connected to bloodline. So to me, that's all bloodline story. What about you? You think it's dud.
Speaker 2: Well a great way to put it. But my hope is that maybe the future chapters will be a little more a little less repetitive, that's all. But I but I hope that.
Speaker 1: And that's fair criticism. Though. Would you like to talk to AAW Dynamite or was there anything else on RAW you want you wanted to touch?
Speaker 2: No, let's do it to AW. I'm like the biggest AW fanboy in the world now.
Speaker 1: So A Dubbs the squosing One has lost the International championship, of course he lost. He lost to John Frickin' Moxley, the Werewolf, the death Jitsu Master, and man, he did some He's been doing some cool shit in the ring with jiu jitsu, by the way, with his with the chokeouts and stuff like that, man, and making jiu jitsu cool, and a part of it's not just a sleeper hole. It's actually like a rear naked choke and he doesn't, you know, lock the legs in so that it's not really you know, he's not trying to hurt him. But he's just badass and it was sad to see Orange Cassidy have to lose, but he came out and gave us a quick promo, which was a nice little appetizer for the MJF.
Speaker 2: The Orange Cassidy promo to open the show. That's how over he is that anyone would accept that as an opening show promode. It was super short. What do you? They told me to stay home, but I didn't, and then he goes, oh, I'm freshly squeezed, and I don't have a catchphrase. I was like, this is dog shit. It was because I love, I love, but to open a show.
Speaker 1: But that's his whole thing. Jeff even look at his entrance, like the billboard in the background says something cool here, No, think of something whatever, and then instead of a pyro, it's just one little poop. It's just it's like.
Speaker 2: He's about as funny as like a target shirt that like you'd wear in like ninth grade, where it's like a camouflage shirt.
Speaker 1: And then her reaction is unier than the segment. But that was what Orange Nobody. I didn't like it either for a long time.
Speaker 2: If nobody's perfect, I'm nobody, or like a camouflage shirt that says like, you can't see me. It's like, I listen, dude, I'm down with them. I'm done with it. I like the stupid kicks, I like the pockets. I'm on board with most of it. But everything is some sort of like pithy in like corny joke.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Yes, I like I want to talk trash.
Speaker 2: Don't aggregate me wrestling podcasts. I'm just saying like that.
Speaker 1: Oh you just I have another podcast and it's called Talking, Talking Wrestling, and I'm aggregating.
Speaker 2: I'd be so jealous if you cheated on us with another wrestling podcast.
Speaker 1: Talk it's not it's wrastling. That's how I get away with it, all right, MJF and Samoa Joe and the master storyteller Maxwell Jacob Friedman, who I've spoken so glowingly about as well as everybody else who watches professional wrestling, this dude has been able to bring an element of reality into almost almost each and every one of the stories that he's done. And when he's done this, and the opportunity's been there for a real moment to exist, he has he has knocked it out of the park each and every time. From the CM Punk stuff, to the William Regal stuff and now to the Samoa Joe stuff, and I talked about it briefly. Jeff the story where he basically got an opportunity and he tells it better than I will. So everybody should go watch this and you can see it on YouTube. It's a beautiful piece of storytelling, whether you like wrestling or not. But he talks about an opportunity he had at NXT where he got to play security and Samoa Joe treated him like he was a kid. Joe keeps calling him kid. He's like, don't call me kid. He's trying to keep his cool. Don't call me kid. And he gets pushed into this brick wall and treated like some punk kid because Joe could get away with it. Well, he's not a kid anymore. I'm not a kid anymore. I mean he comes, he goes up and down with this promo. It's so beautiful, and he basically lets him know, like, your time is up. You never putting your hands on me again, punk ass bitch, and Samoa Joe flips it on him and says, I didn't do that to you because I thought you were a kid. I just want that to be clear. I did it because I thought you were a bitch. And you see Max sell so hard and then swap five fingers to the face and Joe just kind of takes it and laughs and is like, all right, man, you go ahead and get out of here. I'm gonna win this tournament and then I'm going to wrestle you for that time and I'm treat you like a punk ass bitch basically, And he holds the rope open for Max and Max doesn't bite, and then he walks away and Max goes to get out, and Joe kicks the rope right up into Max's nutsack, just bowld and Max goes down and sells, and Joe's sitting there like, you stupid asshole. Of course you fell for that, And while he turns to the crowd to kind of gloat, Max crawls over him. Here's one to your ball sack, just like Jean Claud van Dam and blood spot when he gets the sumo guy riding the balls, and now Joe's hurt and they go back and forth, and Max is selling a stiff neck from having to wrestle so much, even though it's like three times in the last month and a half for you. That's the ton and they go back and forth and fight, and this is just gonna be awesomeness. I cannot wait for this match to happen. They put real stuff in there, and Joe can hang with him. Joe can hang with him on the joke and hang with anybody on the mic, but Joe can hang with him on the microphone. He's never gonna be as as eloquent and as colorful as Max, but his like basic shit talk skills are at a very high level, like a very very high level. He's just not a storyteller shit talker like Max's. I know you love this because this was like seven minutes of gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love this and I loved I So I love MGF as everyone knows. And I've always been a hater of Samoa. Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah you are.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing. It worked really well back and forth. I love the whole segment or whatever, But I I don't understand how Joe Samo Joe's getting this opportunity. I don't think that he's worthy of it. In my opinion, he is.
Speaker 1: Dude, You just don't you You're not seeing it, like he's the man the crowd freaking goes crazy for him.
Speaker 2: They love him.
Speaker 1: Even with Max in there, they still screamed Joe, Joe Job, Joe is gone kidding.
Speaker 2: They were saying, is gonna kill you because he said I'm because MGF was like, I'm gonna kill you, and they started using Joe's chant against him. They started chanting tiny Dick.
Speaker 1: W W says tiny balls aw gets right right to it, like nobody cares if your balls are small, they care if you're.
Speaker 2: We're measuring, nobody's measuring balls.
Speaker 1: See why don't they aggregate that that's a killer.
Speaker 2: I'm sure backstage, Simojoe and MGF are shaking hands and you know, you know, thickest thieves. But it's just like, I'm gonna I'm gonna watch this match where I really don't like, where I really don't like Samojo and I super love mg It was also cool to see them really work the neck injury angle on MGF and the way Adam Cole came out and helped him.
Speaker 1: Speaking of Adam Cole, it leads us to his other best friend with a bad neck, Roderick Strong. Look. I don't always love what they do with this, but I give him this. He's way committed to the bit, to the point where by the time it got to him versus Darby on Collision, I was like, I'm all in on this bit. I can't wait to see two guys that hate MJF wrestle each other to see which one gets to wrestle MJ Samoa Joe and Roderick Strong. And I'm pretty sure Samojo is the reason Roderick Strong is selling his neck in the first place. So this the way they structured this tournament to get these two guys at the end is well, very well done, and shout out because I don't think A tournaments worked very often, and b I don't think Aw's gotten the tournament thing right. The tag team tournament only worked because Max and Adam were the show, but the matches were irrelevant. Everybody knew what was going to happen because FDR is not not losing those belts. But they've done a really good job with this tournament and I can't wait to see Roderick Strong and Samoa Jo kick some ass.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I liked everything about this and I agree with you, except I didn't like the transition of Adam Cole and MJF with two of the doctors or giant security doctors or they look like the strongest, strongest trainers in the world. But they were like getting MJF and Adam Cole out of there. Well, well he was a cut Rodick's coming down, And it was like the weirdest transition of being like, you know, he's not okay, and he's like, well he's not okay. That's your real friend. But I think it was probably on paper a lot better than the way that the transition happened. It kind of looked a little clunky, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, little old school, Yeah, little old school. Moving on to Friday Night SmackDown, Fight Night, Baby, too much to talk, and we've already talked some Jimmy us. So La Night my friend. He's got beef with Austin Theory and he's got beef with Grayson Waller now, and Grayson was on commentary and Austin Theory was wrestling La Night, and La Night got a clean here you go in your face victory, keeping him strong. The story that they told for those who don't watch, but y'all just like to listen because you're awesome. Grayson Waller does like a talk show bit. We've talked about, like the Miz doing this talk show bit. I'm not the biggest fan of it. But Grayson Waller can wrestle, and he has charisma. He has a chance to be a big star. I don't think they've found the right vein for him yet, but that dude, that dude has something for sure. Austin Theory is due for some losses. He's been taken very well care of over the last few months, if not over a year now, and Grayson basically tried to interfere by untying the turnbuckle, and ww does these kind of things really well. When they shoot him sometimes they cut away from impact moves too quickly, which is weird, but when they's shenanigans, they cover it really well. Just look at any old Eddie Guerrero stuff. So he takes the turnbuckle off the corner to expose the iron ring, and now that's going to be the focal point and the story for the rest of this match, and Austin Theory sees it from the edge of the ring while the ref's back is turned. All this goes down and he's like, all right, I'm gonna slam him into this that's his it's his inner monologue. And so he brings La Knight into the ring and he goes to spin La and or throw l a Knight in there in La Night sees it and he sells huge and he reverses action. Oh no boy, he gets slammed boom. But then he gets up what gets some of this power slam bob boom ski. He goes to throw that's what it sounds like. He goes to throw Austin Theory into it. Austin gets out of there because he sees the exposed ring and he walks right into some blunt force trauma, which is the name of La Knight's finisher. And it was so smooth and clean, just boom face right in the mat. What two three? Yeah. I want to say one thing with the crowd, and I know everyone's gonna disagree, And once you disagree loudly enough, I'll say, okay, fine, a back off. We'll back off. When he does his La Night elbow, when the guy's laying in the middle of the ring, you know what I'm talking about, Jeff, and he goes elle Hey Night, and then he runs off the ropes and comes and he hits his l BO, the crowd should wait on the yeah until he hits the elbows. It shouldn't be l ay night yeah. And then he hits the elbow, it should.
Speaker 2: Be l ay night yeah. And then he nails the big elbow. Wouldn't that be better than think of that? But that is infinitely better. I like that's I think big payoff. Yeah, right on the slam. That's perfect. What did you think about him doing the Kevin Nash thing?
Speaker 1: Dude? I missed it? What did I miss well?
Speaker 2: In one of his promos, he said, if I was a moron, I would use the word. I would say, look at the adjective. But I'm not a moron, so so I know it's a verb because I didn't come to play, you know, which was just a street No, he.
Speaker 1: Did that because he did that because Nash has talked trash on him on his podcast, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: For sure. For a little bit of context back in the day in w CW when we had the Monday Night Wars where it was like w CW has Monday Night Nitro and WWE Y w BF at the time had Monday Night Raw and you couldn't just you couldn't just decide which which he wanted to watch. You know, you're like, what do I You're changing channels back and forth, back and forth, Like I've got this is so exciting because there's so much good resting. At the time Kevin Nash came to w CW, he had like little word problems every once and again. He has a track record of like just kind of saying the wrong word. He kind of had Mike flubs every once in a while. And one of his biggest ones was He's like, we didn't come here to play. Just look at the adjective play I'm not And it's like, so he keep watched this sentence that's all right, what happens?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but people are on it for that. Come on, man.
Speaker 2: He actually pretended he didn't even know l A Night's name on his podcast. He was going go to that one Oh no, go to that one night guy. What is this? What is this? Bozo? I like, ko, I love Kevin. I'm actually I've been a.
Speaker 1: He was really good to me on that A and E show Man. I just thought he was the coolest guy and he was super I think he's.
Speaker 2: One of the coolest dudes in all of wrestlings feeling and a lot of these young guys don't you know, Punk doesn't like him, and there's just always been some hiccups with Nash and his young man There's always be but for La and Knight to just answer back with a little thing like that was you know, I love Kevin Nash, but he was spitting some fire and I had to look it up. I was like, I don't even know what everyone's talking about, Like, how was this a slam on Nash? Yeah? Yeah, but well played by l A. Knight and also an interesting little back and forth. Maybe this gets Nash back in there.
Speaker 1: I don't care how old Kevin is. If he was ever like, yo, I want to do a match in the ring, you have to say yes. Man. He only did like four things anyway when he was in there, Like he can still.
Speaker 2: Can still choke slam, he could still power bomb me, can still big boot like that. That's but what I will say though, is.
Speaker 1: And and smash you up in the turnbuckle. Oh that big side elbow. I think I kind of looked like Kevin.
Speaker 2: The Grays coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you look like super shreddery. Yeah, Like if if he had like a skinny little bitch, but that ever one pretty nasty everyone compared to.
Speaker 2: Kevin Nash is a skinny, small bitch andy dude, six foot tennis. I don't even know how old he is, and he still looks if he could kill anyone.
Speaker 1: Dude, he's still super nice. Un he's so jack All right, man, you were just in Fairbanks, Alaska, if my memory served me correctly, cracking jokes up north. Your Instagram was making me laugh very very much. You gonna where are you gonna be this week?
Speaker 2: This weekend, I will be in Texas in Dallas area, technically Addison, but it's Dallas at a place called Tk's Comedy Club. So check out that. Look up Tk's in Texas Comedy and you can see me Thursday, Friday and Saturday.
Speaker 1: And you guys, we have some fun shows coming up for the next couple of weeks, a little change of pace. We're gonna do some deep dives on some old stuff. We're gonna have an interview with our friend Austin Romero, you know him as Mike Rome, the voice of SmackDown, and we're gonna talk about some wrestlers who became actors as well. Don't forget about unsanctioned Thursdays tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Iheart'smichael Toura podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.