Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data. Let's take a look at some stocks on the move today. I'm Tom Keen and Bloomberg's Lisa Matteo, Lisabel Mateo, lisabell I love it.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Tesla. Ticker TSLA, so yesterday right to share surge higher, right, but now they're starting to pair those earlier gains. Shares are up just over one percent. The reason why is because auto safety regulators they open this investigation into the company. Right, it's the electric door handles certain MODEWI vehicles. They could trap people inside when they lose power, and it's a serious issue. They're talking about incidents like children. There's reports of children being trapped inside the cars when they lose power. So regularly just saying due to those issues with certain MODEWI vehicles, low voltage batter so that's the issue. Investigation is about one hundred and seventy five thousand SUVs. But that investigation could widen, that's what they're saying. But it just comes, you know, just days after Bloomberg put out the story and did the investigation on this very issue, incidents where people were injured, people died because they were unable to open those doors when the power is lost. Particularly this happens a lot after crosses, So a very serious issue. So now yesterday that surge starts to pair down just a bit to.
Speaker 1: Say it's up.
Speaker 2: I mean he bought I did not realize this. He bought about one billion, correct, And that's why it serves yes, yes, thanks, We'll go to Oracle articular RCL. Their shares a bit up as much as five percent. This basically all comes down to TikTok. The reason for this. Yesterday you remember Treasury Secretary Scott Betsen, right, he said that there was this framework to keep TikTok running in the US, that it had been reached. So CBS is saying that Oracle is actually among a group of companies that will allow TikTok to continue operating in the US if that framework of that deal is finalized. They say, the structure of the deal not clear, but they're going to include multiple companies, not clear what level involvement Chinese firms we'll have in the deal. This is from CBS, but Oracle and TikTok have not commented. But that's the whole reason why these Oracle shares are rising a bit higher this morning. And then we take you to Dave and Busters. It's ticker play. I love that.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 2: Have you been to one? I hadn't been to a d Highbusters.
Speaker 1: I honestly didn't know what it was.
Speaker 2: I had some research. Its you just sent in your stuff. You come in with a with a big of a headache because it's it's restaurant. But it's a lot of games, right. The kids love because there's video games and all kind of games if you want to do you know, what's at ski ball or anything like that. Their shares have been down as much as fifteen percent, so the reason why it reported adjusted earnings per share. Revenue for the second quarter came in below estimates, so investors didn't like that. The company opened three new locations in the quarter. They say they're going to expect to open a least five more over the next six months, but they just weren't happy that they just didn't meet kind of those estimates and it fell below.
Speaker 1: They got Margs for five dollars.
Speaker 2: Marks really Margarita, Lisa, you and I didn't know right on top of me. I just google that they have a Midtown Manhattan. Yeah really, no, that's really I don't think you can find five dollars Margaritas in midtown Manhattan.
Speaker 1: No, but well this is the Widow.
Speaker 2: Let's go. They got a Brecky smash burger. Oh yeah, it's it's a it's a good time. Like if you want to go and just but you do. It's it's a lot. It's a headache. You come out of their head pounding sometimes, but it's a lot of fun. I want to end off swe more Yes, one more Webtoon Entertainment wbt N because their share has been up as much as forty seven percent. It's all things to Walt Disney. They're they're bringing a lot of their marquee comics to this new digital platform and app. They planned to ak WHI are two percent equities interests in the company. So now you have thirty five thousand comics from Disney, Marvel, Star Wars, twentieth Century franchises. They'll be available now on this single subscription. So it's an expansion. They used to have Marvel Unlimited. It was about ten bucks a month offered access to about thirty thousand comics. So now this has expanded Disney Plus subscribers it can get access to certain selection, but it's a big, big boost for US for webtoon entertainment.
Speaker 1: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.