Speaker 1: Hey, you're back with We're back with I do Part two and it's your favorites, Susan and Kathy from The Golden Bachelor. We are here to do part two with the one and only Brandy Glamville. We covered so much the first time, but now we're going to dig deep. So let's dive back into our conversation.
Speaker 2: So you've got to give me some good advice. You got to give listeners. You've learned so much.
Speaker 3: What's your colonel, what's your neuggative advice to people that might be going through this.
Speaker 2: Kind of thing.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, I.
Speaker 3: Don't die, don't give up? How about don't give up? Better days are coming well?
Speaker 4: I mean I had a dark days, Like I was like, what is my purpose? Like, yes, you know why am I here? I stay in bed all day. I've just spent all my money on my savings on doctors, Like I can't work at the moment, Like what is why?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 4: In my ear? So now I'm like, I'm hosting dinners for my son and his girlfriend. I would not you know, baby, baby, it's gonna be I'm excited, Like I was excited to put on a pair of type jeans because I've been like roaming around in my COVID gear.
Speaker 2: So I'm just like, are you exercising?
Speaker 1: Can you actually get two weeks?
Speaker 4: No? I haven't. But like, I don't want people to hate me, but I'm just really naturally.
Speaker 2: I do hate you right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I'm like, I hate saying that, but the doctor actually told me this. He's like, normally I would want you to gain some weight first, but you're so thin that we we don't have like we if we took fat from an area, it would deform that area to put fat.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Bab Yeah, do you want some of my fat? Brandy, I've got plenty of share.
Speaker 1: I would love she does friends. Have you seen her? She's like a stick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't, wouldn't. Whenever anyone says I'm fat, I'm like.
Speaker 3: Hooker Ready, I used to wait two hundred pounds. Trust me, Now I look like a sharp pay It's tragic.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well don't tell me.
Speaker 4: I feel like I like I'm ready to like. I did get a text last night from an old boyfriend. Ha, yes, randomly he ran into my son. Because the guy is thirteen years younger than me.
Speaker 2: So you go, girl, Yeah, no, I mean there's.
Speaker 4: Still the only guys that asked me out are younger guys. Good like I don't like everyone my age is dating like a twenty year old.
Speaker 2: So trust me.
Speaker 3: Can I just tell you, Brandy, it doesn't change shed just fault there.
Speaker 4: I'm very aware.
Speaker 3: I keep telling all the gold Olden's who are like, you know, fifty eight sixty. If you want to get married or you want to launch a relationship, luck it down now because you know the five years they're dating thirty year olds, right.
Speaker 4: Or move to the Midwest, you like, move like somewhere where they're I watched like a lot of true crime and a lot of these cops are hot.
Speaker 3: And you move to Queens. Move to Queens, Brandy, you'll have your you know, you can have all your pick of cops.
Speaker 4: I don't really. My brother is a cop. I don't want to date a cop because he's kind of a dick.
Speaker 1: I would never date it police.
Speaker 4: No, No, be either.
Speaker 2: A firefighter.
Speaker 4: I did date a firefighter that was hot.
Speaker 2: My son's a firefighter. He's hot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're hot, like they don't but they're like frat boys. They're like, Hi, I love you, and they're going back to the frat house to do for sure and watch football until there's a fire, hang.
Speaker 1: With the boys, right, what type of guy would you want? You have a particular look, you know, honestly like self confident.
Speaker 4: I need the fun police because I am a little wild, so I need someone to kind of pull me back. So and I've had that in the past, and my friends were like, you know what, Yeah, you do need a little bit of.
Speaker 3: You know what, they say, opposite to track, opposites of track, brandy, but not too.
Speaker 4: Much of an I like, you need to be able to have a good time, not take yourself so seriously, take a joke. I love, I love funny people. It's all about chemistry for me. I mean, I've mostly dated very attractive men, but but not a comedian. No. God, I did date a comedian and that was the hell.
Speaker 2: It was so dark. I thought comedians aren't very funny in real life.
Speaker 1: They're right, And I always think they're big drinkers. Are they big drinkers? Yes?
Speaker 2: I mean not that we're generalizing here at all, of course, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: But I mean stereotops to cite our stereotypes for our reason. I mean that sounds horrible, but yes, like a lot of comedians are dark, you know, like when they're not on stage, they yeah, because they have to be They feel like they have to be funny all of the time, and so they do isolate, you know. Yes, then they're like in a bad mood because or do you think this is funny? Do you think you know? And it wasn't fun. I mean, he was very funny, but it wasn't fun when he wasn't on stage.
Speaker 3: All right, So here's what we know so far. Yeah, you want tall so you can wear your heels.
Speaker 4: I don't care about tall. I don't need tall. I need sense of humor. I need them to be able to pay for dinner because I'm sicking, a sick of picking up a check. Like I've dated waiters and uber drivers like I don't you know, like what's the word? Like, I don't discriminate, Like if you don't, like as long as you're working in hustling, it's fine. But then you know, I dated a guy that was, you know, looking for a job, you know, and you know.
Speaker 1: I go out.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't eat a nice restaurant, So I'm d Once you start picking up the bill. It never ends, and.
Speaker 3: You don't want to go where the guy says, can we go to happy hour and split an appetizer?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's not happening.
Speaker 1: What about actors? Are they off the table since your ex?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, done, I'm done and done. I mean I dated a few and that was before him, and I dated a couple after him that happened to be his friends on purpose.
Speaker 2: That's called retribution right now.
Speaker 3: Wait, I read an article recently, Susan, I think you and I talked about this that women are going to like medieval themed dinners so they can date the nights.
Speaker 2: Would you do that kind of thing?
Speaker 4: No, that sounds let's be on desperate to me, like what I mean the nights, Like, what do they look like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't tell under the costume.
Speaker 2: Oh so now we're down to that.
Speaker 1: It look smatter to do You have to have a physical attraction.
Speaker 4: No, I have to have chemistry.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 4: I met a guy and he at first I was like I saw him, I'm like nope, I'm out, And then I sat through the dinner. I've never like left a date like I'm not that girl. I think that's just so horrible but the more we talked, I was like, Okay, you're really you know, he's really smart. Then I found out he happened to have a private plane. I'm like, and you're my boyfriend.
Speaker 2: And how did that work for you?
Speaker 4: It was great for a year, and I loved him, but I wasn't in love. But he literally he saved my life. It was the year after my divorce, and he was like so fun. We went to he had properties everywhere, we were on planes, He's like, bring all your friends.
Speaker 2: I was like, he talked his number.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's dating a twenty year old. Oh god, yeah, so, I mean, but he was the first. He was like thirteen years older than me. And he's the only guy I've dated that was older than me. I mean my husband was the same, the same exact age, actually six months younger. So he always like to throw that out there.
Speaker 1: My ex husband did the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like six months, but I was actually.
Speaker 1: A few months.
Speaker 2: That's a rounding air, but he.
Speaker 1: Would yeah, he would say, that's.
Speaker 2: A rounding air. That's like, you know, they got the dates wrong in the pregnancy test. I mean, who cares.
Speaker 4: I told him, like his mom had trouble like getting pregnant, and so she was on hormones, and so she gave birth to this like god, and they're like tiny little people. And he's like six to one, perfect looking. And I'm like, you know, you're not real. You're like a hormone baby.
Speaker 1: It's like that makes it real.
Speaker 2: Not real?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the real.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I just like for him because he's tooken like a woman scorned. Yeah, no, he is not real yep.
Speaker 4: And I told him his dimples were deformities. What if you look Nonetheless, simples are like deformities, and so I had to keep them down to keep them.
Speaker 3: You know what I have to say, Brandy, If that is the case, I love me a deformed many.
Speaker 4: Hello. I married one and both my boys have dimples. My son does too, like a dimple, Like I am a sucker for a dimple, but I I yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, Susan, Brandy's gonna need our help if her main feature for dating is a guy with the dimple, like you and I we got.
Speaker 4: To yeah, I'm honestly, like, I'm open. I don't have a like I usually go for. I've never dated a blonde guy like I usually go for a tall, dark and handsome. Yes, like I'm open. I've dated a couple of Jewish guys. I really, I really.
Speaker 2: Like Jewish guys will treat you like a princess.
Speaker 4: Yes, but I'm a and they'll never marry me. So it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: My father did oh.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's rare.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Well, he had to first marry my mother and then he was like, I don't care who she is, if she's normal.
Speaker 1: But at this stage of the game, at our ages, who cares about the marriage part. You want somebody to enjoy your life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the one that I love that like I could have I was still in my thirties. It was after my divorce. I could have, like I was, I loved him, I would have like like you know, I don't know, I think that it could have grown into something bigger. But then he cheated on me and I had.
Speaker 3: To go, I mean, you got I imagine you have trust issues around cheating, around cheating and around I'm cheating me.
Speaker 4: Yes, And I think I've actually scarred my poor boys because like they are like the biggest gentleman in the world. And my eighteen year old he's in acting and you know, he's in his acting classes. Any I said, you know what, you know what? You know he has a girlfriend as well, and I said, you know it's not natural, like for it's really hard to date an actor. Is Maggie going to be okay with that? And He's like, yeah, I just can't do any love scenes. I'm like, well, you need to quit acting right now.
Speaker 1: Then I can't do any love scenes.
Speaker 2: Yes, And I'm like, but wait a minute, how old is this sun?
Speaker 4: He's eighteen?
Speaker 2: I mean, do you really think this is the one he's going to end up with? You better hope not.
Speaker 4: I am not saying a damn word about that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I can. I haven't met him.
Speaker 1: They might be listening.
Speaker 4: No, they really don't. Actually, they stop my social media. They know more than I know, because I don't even do my own social media. I'm someone that does it for me because I'm not social right now. This is kind of my first interview since like the doctor's.
Speaker 2: Office and just are we more fun than pulling the tooth or what? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean the anethesia part with the boobs was pretty fun. I'm not gonna lie until I got nauseous and had to have the medicine.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I love that. I call it the Michael Jackson drug. I go the first time I ever had it, it was like, do you have any of this to go? Right?
Speaker 3: I just don't understand why they don't tell you about stool softener. It's not to get you know, when I've had no Seriously, when I had breast lift and faced on like, they're like.
Speaker 2: Dear, you know, they don't tell you that.
Speaker 3: I mean, I ended up in the hospital having animals for God's sakes.
Speaker 4: It's like it's I mean, I haven't had an issue, but I didn't take like, I didn't take any pain pills because they make me so ill. I mean too they I can't take them. And honestly, it wasn't in pain. It's just my arms are a little sore because he had to scrape. He had to scrape my lymph. Notes.
Speaker 2: Okay, when you're not do you go to the gym?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 3: I know obviously right now you can. Are you a gym rat? What do you do to work out when you're no?
Speaker 4: No, I walk round?
Speaker 2: I have to coffee cup?
Speaker 1: What about your favorite food?
Speaker 2: Wait? You walk your dogs? That's your old exercise?
Speaker 4: What I wear five pound ankle weights almost all day long, every day.
Speaker 2: That's called lunch for me.
Speaker 4: No, like they really do. Because I did pilates for thirteen years. I know, like like you know, after babies, I could probably teach it at this point, but it is so expensive. It's like, you know, one hundred dollars session. I mean when you do privates because I have like a back issue. You know, I have all these issues, so I couldn't do the same as everyone else in the class. So I you know, I did pilates. I was a gymnast for nine years when I was young, so I feel like I have muscle memory. So like during COVID, I did gain twenty pounds and everyone including myself, was in shock. I was like I didn't know I could. Like, I was like, this is I mean crazy, And.
Speaker 1: Did you feel good? Did you feel good? No?
Speaker 4: Because I gained my weight in my mid section only you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's hereditary, like my mom and my grandma like that.
Speaker 3: It's always after a menopause that's where they tend to put it. But here's the thing, men, here's the good news for you, brandy. Men. I have found don't care as you get older. Care about they do not care. They like a little something something. I'm telling you men, men say that all the time. Not all the time, but a lot of times. Menals say to me, you're too thin and I'm not and all my weights in my middle.
Speaker 4: Well, well everyone right now is so mooty, delicious and like everyone's all about like curves, and trust me, I wish I had them. I paid for them and then they exploded. So I'm like, okay, but I mean, I'm happy with my body. I'm happy with my figure. I have a little booty. It's cute.
Speaker 2: See there's the confidence coming back right there.
Speaker 4: You go there, I'm not like I've always felt lucky to not have to work out for after babies. I was like doing pilates because like pabic floor and all that fun stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm going to tell you men, I'm telling you I am older than you, and men like a fit woman's a fit woman. So get back in the gym and start doing pushups when you can.
Speaker 2: When you can.
Speaker 1: That's hard. No, she won't be doing them for a while.
Speaker 2: I said, when you can.
Speaker 4: No, even when I'm not, I have like two pound pink.
Speaker 1: Weights, Brandy, I try to do them off the bureau, Okay, not on the floor working.
Speaker 4: Out like I love a horizontal life, like I like, walk on them, I walk on the beach, I like.
Speaker 3: And you know what, she has no shortage of men, and I work out. I am a gym rat and I have a dearth of men.
Speaker 2: So you know, all I want to say is I don't know, but stop working out.
Speaker 3: You have been It's a delight to meet you. You have been so transparent both about your health and where you are when it comes to love right now, and truly, Susan and I are rooting for you.
Speaker 2: You are fabulous. It's been a pleasure to meet you.
Speaker 4: Oh thank you. I wish I had more like advice for I mean, after my divorce I had if you guys, get my first book, Drinking and Tweeting, all the advice you.
Speaker 1: Need Drinking and Tweeting.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's a New York Times number one bestseller.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, my.
Speaker 4: Second one was the number nine best seller. Sorry to say, but that one. Don't get that one is not helpful. That was called drinking and Dating, which I realize now when I read it back, I'm like, yeah, this is not that's not gonna it's like like learn from my Mistakes kind of book.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I want you to do one thing today before you go to bed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I want.
Speaker 3: You to look in the mirror and say, I am beautiful, I am enough, and I'm beautiful and I am worth it. Just any any iteration of those words every day, every day, starting to day.
Speaker 2: If you're not going to do pushups for me, then you got to do that.
Speaker 4: I was excited the other day because I put like this infrared like belt on and I like stood up and I was not looking at my body before, and I was like, my waist is snatched. I'm like humans, no where to go.
Speaker 1: Oh well you will, though, Brandy, you will.
Speaker 4: I think once I get my confidence up, I will definitely be out like I have. All my friends they want to go out. I'm just I'm getting there. I just need this ringing in my ear to stop so that I can hear them.
Speaker 1: I do have one question. You did mention that an ex boyfriend ran into one of your sons and reached out to you. What was that about? What was that like? Do you have a plan to see them or make.
Speaker 4: A fat No?
Speaker 1: Okay, best sex of my life and it's a big fat no three years come.
Speaker 4: On, no, Like, yeah, no.
Speaker 1: It was what I've done, possibly tortuous.
Speaker 3: I'll just say that, you know what, this is where the nights kicks and you don't have to listen to them, just do them.
Speaker 4: I can't understand them anyways. Friends, I'm like, oh, what are you saying? Shut up and do what you're doing.
Speaker 2: I know all about that.
Speaker 1: Are like Kathy, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I love I love a European man. I do because they're gentlemen. They open doors for you. Now like the guys, they just they don't do it, and I just I don't want a gentleman.
Speaker 1: Everyone should.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then I get Homie throws me on the bed, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Then you can be rough, but in the meantime you're a gentleman exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, ladies, it was so good to meet you. And I did watch the Golden Bachelor, but I like, my brain is still fogged, but I do remember the one lady that won, So I'm glad that you told her off.
Speaker 2: No, she's she's fine, she's fine.
Speaker 1: You know, we love them all. Everybody's unique in their own way.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm not gonna lie. I don't love all that.
Speaker 1: When you're ready to me too for a happy hour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do it. We went like once this ear, you'll know me.
Speaker 3: Wait, you'll know me, Brandy. Susan will be the ones with the perky boobs. Mine will be the ones sitting on my waist.
Speaker 2: You won't, you won't.
Speaker 4: You'll know who we are, and I don't know what mine will be, but I do know that my my sterile tape is like purple from my purple shampoo.
Speaker 1: Okay, purple nipples.
Speaker 4: But I'll see you ladies later.
Speaker 1: Thank you again, love, Okay, we wish you the best.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: You feel better, okay. So Susan, Yes, that was quite the interview. We've never met her. I kind of feel like she's one of our tribe. What did you think? Like, what what's your takeaway?
Speaker 1: You know me and my I felt bad for her. I felt so bad for her. I mean, what a dark place to be. It was one thing after another after another, and not loving your own body. I mean, your body's failing you because of something. At least she was smart enough to take them out, but she still not there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she's so I had a different take on it.
Speaker 3: Everything I've read says that she thought the breast implants caused the quote unquote parasite or plural.
Speaker 4: We did.
Speaker 1: She didn't dive into that too much, no, she but then she.
Speaker 3: Said maybe it wasn't that. So you know, that's like the question of the hour. I'm curious Brittany.
Speaker 1: Had big blister, boiled pimple, and you didn't know why she went through crazy.
Speaker 3: Things with the same I gotta say one thing about her dating. Obviously she's not in a position now to date, but you know, you know.
Speaker 2: She's coming back.
Speaker 3: She's talking about the belt around her waist, she wants to wear her stiletto heels. You know, here's the thing that concerns me. Even though this is a podcast about dating. You and I are further down the road than Brandy in terms of parenting, right. And when she was saying I'm gonna be wherever my boys are, I was like, honey, you have no idea, because you and I both know oftentimes it doesn't work out that way and you can't make your life your children.
Speaker 1: No, and your her ex husband is remarried and they have a little family unit there, and that's probably torture for her.
Speaker 2: I didn't get the sense she was over him either, did you.
Speaker 1: I think he just shocked her when that happened. You know, it's her world, Yes, it has, it has and I think she is ready, like she probably hates him still, she hates him now, but she's ready to find somebody. She doesn't want to get married, and which is fine that when you're over fifty enough you don't have to get married, but you do want someone in your life.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: The other thing, I was talking with the guy the other night and he was saying, which was lucky for me, that he has learned that he prefers to date a widow, lucky for me. And I asked him, yes he did, He said because many and he's divorced himself, but he said he's healed. Of course, men always come out of it unscathed. He said that the women he's dated who have been divorced have trust issues, anger issues, and he goes, you know, I'm like in an age, I didn't cheat on her. I didn't, you know, I don't want to spend my time no, but he's yeah, but he no, he's talking about that. I don't want to be the what he said that like the punching bag that wasn't already used for a woman who's gone through a terrible divorce because of cheating. And it made me wonder if Brandy will ever I wanted her. I wish I had said that to her. You know, you've got to find a way to learn to trust again, because there is no good relationship, marriage or otherwise if you don't have trust.
Speaker 1: This is true. This is true. And I dated, well sort of. It never really happens a man that was widowed, and unfortunately I reminded him of his wife Kathy. When I saw the picture, it frightened me. Really, we were like clone, same haircut. She was a hairdresser, and we had such great chemistry. He came to when I lived in the city, to the condo and we went to a big holiday party together and he was like, we're very attracted to each other. But he said, I can't do it, Susan, I'll compare you constantly. So it's a it's a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, I haven't found that I haven't met men in the in the dates I've had, and you know, I'm starting to date a little bit more now.
Speaker 4: I am not seen.
Speaker 3: I actually try not to date men. I agree, that remind me of my husband, but I haven't found that to be an issue. But listening to Brandy, I mean, yes, right now, she's healing. She's been through three years of horror.
Speaker 1: Yes, three years, that's a long time.
Speaker 2: In pajamas, I get it.
Speaker 3: But you can since she was out on Valentine's Day, she's getting you Drew back, and it's going to come time for her to put on those sexy heels and have a date.
Speaker 2: Those clothes and have a date.
Speaker 3: And I guess, Brandy, if you're listening, which I hope you are, First of all, you are a delight.
Speaker 2: I would love Susan. I would love to go out with you in your life some time.
Speaker 3: But secondly, do what you got to do to learn how to trust again, because there is no good relationship.
Speaker 2: I swear that's true. Do you agree with that?
Speaker 1: Yes, I totally do. And it's hard. It's hard when you were done wrong to trust.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, we'll see, Brandy. Keep us up today, let us know how things are going. And for the rest of you, are you feeling stuck in chapter two? Email us or call us. All the info is in the show notes. We'd love to hear from you.
Speaker 1: Follow us on socials, make sure to rate and review the podcast I Do Part two, an iHeartRadio podcast where falling in love is the main objective.