Speaker 1: First Date to follow up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online.
Speaker 2: At dot com.
Speaker 1: Lauren is on the phone today for our first day follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Sammy. So in a few minutes we'll call him and Seefa tells why is ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Lauren, how long has it been since you heard from Sammy?
Speaker 2: Oh it's been like a week or two.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Have you reached out to him in that time?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I definitely have, although I don't think he knows that I have. I'll probably have to explain that to you a little bit a weird situation, okay, but I can't believe I'm saying. It's that the date was actually like amazing, and it's so rare that I meet anyone's letters, you know, IRL or online where it's like especially online to say, because you know, we'll text and like I think that there could be a possibility of that going somewhere, and then like, I don't know, we meet up and it's just not what I expected. But in this case, the text chemistry absolutely translated to real life. We spent like several hours together wasn't just at one spot. We were like kind of hopping all around one venue to the next, and believe it or not, even I got to know some of his friends and they came awesome as well, And the night ended up at his place, which I don't expect. But yeah, I know, you know talk in the radio, so something happened at our you know, PG thirteen rated R. So I stayed the night there and then we decided to meet up for state number two, which was just casual but so much fun, like downtown after work, you know, not my neighborhood where I live, but it was just a great time.
Speaker 3: Did you go back with him after date number two? Too?
Speaker 2: Well? I texted him and just got no response, like I didn't know where he was, so sitting there like what. And then after fifteen minutes I did something like I never want to do, like the phone call like hey, where are you? That sort of thing awkward.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait wait, I'm sorry he disappeared in the middle of your date.
Speaker 2: No, I got there and he was nowhere to be found.
Speaker 3: Oh got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah again, I really think I like this guy. So I'm like, normally, after fifteen minutes, I would just leave, like, Okay, you're not going to waste my time. I don't even know you, but I'm like, let me give the chance that you never know, like what could have happened? Right, So I call and I miss that My calls are doing like the same thing every single time. It would like ring twice and then go straight to voicemail. I talked this up to like okay, he's in a bad service area, that sort of thing, but it happened, I want to say, like four times in a row. So at that point I just was like, Okay, I'm gonna go ahead and google, like how do I know if someone's blocked me? Because I never could understand the answer to this. But it's actually turns out it's really easy to do that. Apparently, like you could just make your number anonymous. Yeah, to block people can just.
Speaker 1: To find out if you're locked or to be blocked, to be blocked.
Speaker 2: Okay, Like this was a lesson for me because like apparently it's like if it brings more than twice before the voicemail, that means you're blocked?
Speaker 3: It does or does that mean you're getting sent to voicemail?
Speaker 2: It's blocked?
Speaker 3: So I mean, okay, either it's not okay.
Speaker 2: So I was like, all right, well, I wow, this sucks right, And I just went back to my car and I was sulking there, like I couldn't even building myself to drive home. I was still bummed out.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really a number. I would be frustrated about that, especially if you think the date went so well that's yeah, yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Just want to know why.
Speaker 3: Also, you're like, well, did you do something though, Like if you think back to that first date, is there any thing that could have happened that would cause the blocking?
Speaker 2: No? And I've asked myself that now, like up and down, and I'm for me. I thought it was mutual, Like you have this an insane chemistry that's super rare. That's why I'm so disappointed. I can't come up with any reason why. I like, you know, seeing some more to less than you would ghost me, Like why wouldn't you just say something?
Speaker 1: Okay, well we'll try to figure it out for you. Plus on come back and then call him and see if you'll tell us why he's ghosting you. Okay, Okay, thank you plas, I'll come back get your first day follow up next. If you're just joining us for today's First Day follow up. Lauren is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a dude named Sammy. So in a second, we're gonna call him. Seef'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date if she still wants one. But before we do that, Lauren, why don't you catch us up on your situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, basically, I had like two really nice dates with this guy, and I went for date number three and he was MI I A. And he has not talked to me whatsoever. And I don't understand why I'm being ghosted.
Speaker 1: And you think you might be blocked even.
Speaker 2: Yeah, blocked me? Why I didn't take him for being like So that's why I'm all right?
Speaker 1: You ready for us to call him? It's yeah, okay, here we go. Hello him. I as speaking to Sammy. Please. Uh yeah, this is Sammy. What's up? This is Jewbel. My name is Jewbel. I host a radio show. It's called the Jubil Show.
Speaker 3: How's it going, Sammy? The whole show's here. I'm Nina Hi and I'm Victoria.
Speaker 4: Oh Hi, Hi?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: You ever listened to the show?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I've ever heard you guys on well, have.
Speaker 1: You ever heard of first a follow up before.
Speaker 2: I have?
Speaker 4: I'm starting to get nervous here, But.
Speaker 1: Don't be nervous because we're calling you because somebody did send us an email about you, So maybe you'd be nervous. I don't know. But it's a segment where if you're ghosting somebody, they can email us to get you on the phone and ask why you're ghosting them. And we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 4: Okay, I think a problem. Know who you're talking about?
Speaker 1: Do you want to try to take a guess at the name the Lauren? Yes, Sammy, you're correct. You've won absolutely nothing. But Lauren, do you mind telling us why you're ghosting her?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man? All right?
Speaker 4: Look, we we texted for a while.
Speaker 2: It was great.
Speaker 4: We meet for the date. Chemistry is there. She's really cool, she's hot. Everything was good, and then at some point the conversation turns around to like, you know, relationship stuff. You know, we're just talking about like relationship things like you know, we are you ever gonna have kids? Are you ever gonna get well? I don't know whatever, you know, just stuff like about relationship Okay, and At one point, I asked her what her definition of cheating is If a guy goes to a strip club, is that cheating that sort of thing? You know what I mean? Yeah, And let's just say that her perspective is pretty strict. She said even watching adult movies was cheating. That to me is like pretty extreme.
Speaker 1: And nobody's gonna take that from you.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, it's not like I watched it all the time, but it is a part of my life and it is okay that I enjoyed. I don't know, it just feels like that to me is not cheating. You know, that's just like entertainment.
Speaker 3: So did you have that conversation with her and like express your concern with her line that she drew in regards to adult film.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean I just kind of got awkward and it kind of gave me the egg, you know what I mean. And it's just weird.
Speaker 3: I gave you an Okay, that's that's new.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I mean I don't want to be a cheater, like if we got together, like I'd be cheating on her all the time. You know. It's like she can feel however she wants to feel, and that's totally fine, but I just kind of realized, like maybe this wasn't like a long term thing, and I maybe I should have said something I didn't. I mean, this happened in like the first forty five minutes of the date, and it was like four hours long, and like you know, you know, she spent the night and it was great, you know, that was fun. But the whole time I was just kind of this is in the back of my mind, and I just I mean, what do you say to that, you say, like, wait a minute, I gotta watch don't move.
Speaker 3: I feel like I would want to get to the bottom of it and kind of understand why that was such a hard line for somebody. Yeah, because I think we asked those questions in the beginning of a date, whether it's about the adult film or just like do you want to get married, but like to understand where the person comes from, and sometimes that's sometimes that sparks a conversation that helps the other person see where you're coming from and you can change your mind a little bit. She might have been into it if she was like, it's not cheating if you watch it with me, No.
Speaker 2: Can I just say something right now? It is absolutely textbook cheating, like no matter who we've watching it with.
Speaker 4: Oh, Sammy, wait a minute, Lauren, Wait, Lauren's here.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's Lauren. She's on the phone listening and wants to talk to you.
Speaker 4: Oh man, oh man.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I came here to get answers. This was not one I was expecting to get of all the reasons that could be. But you know, like I have sort of I'm wondering, like why he was so like animated during sect And I'm like, maybe he was mimicking a performance like he had. And you've experienced watching these tutorials, if you will, you see it can be a good thing. I mean yeah, And you know, while we're putting everything out on the table right now, I just want to ask something like, you know, we went on two dates, so there was a little bit of time in between, you know, Gate one and date two. So what were you doing during that time? Were you spending your time like prepping, you know, watching all these videos cheating? You know, what were you doing?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I watched some videos in between.
Speaker 2: That's the movie people do. Okay, So the gist of it is you were cheating on me.
Speaker 4: We weren't experiences we'd gone on a date. What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: You know this is cheating again types books cheating. It should just be between two people. It's to me, it's no different than cheating, swinging, watching for it's all the same group, it all together and hearing had like thinking that you're amazing. But it turns out I almost been blinded by something because you could not even stay faithful to me for two dates.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, look, it wasn't like a watching videos of girls that looked like you. I was watching videos of like other types of matter what they look like. Lauren, we went on two dates. We it's not like we were engaged. Like, this is wild to me.
Speaker 2: Really, you're forgetting in those four Actually it was six hours that we spent together, not four like you said. I guess you're forgetting half the things you said to me during that day. But it's cool, it's fine.
Speaker 4: I mean I didn't make commitments and I'm am I in single white female right now? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Is that another video kind of yeah.
Speaker 4: About a crazy girl. I'm scared. I don't know this is wild, man.
Speaker 2: I really don't think you would be acting pretty, nor think you'd be pretty crazy if you just found out you got cheated on too, okay, buddy, if you came.
Speaker 4: To me and said, hey, I was watching a bunch of porn this week, I'd be like, hell, yeah, look I didn't cheat on you. We weren't together, we went on two days. This is not okay.
Speaker 2: You can come up with an excuse, have vers, you try to like, you know, floss it all over and whatever you want to say, but like, you're a cheater and I do not ever want to see you again.
Speaker 1: Well I haven't asked, Sammy. Would you like to go on another day with Lauren? Will pay for it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I would like to log into my internet and watch some art films now, Thank you very much?
Speaker 2: Suh Okay. I think that's really just proved my point that I've been talking about with my friends, like every single guy out there is a cheater in some way, shape or form.
Speaker 3: I don't know that's a good way to put it.
Speaker 4: But sure, all right, Lauren, you know I nobody asked you to talk
Speaker 2: You first date, follow up,