Speaker 1: Welcome in What's Driving the Great Episode three eighty five. As always, this episode is brought to you by our great friends at boost Mobile. Demand's a great to see you, great looking shirt. Weather must be gorgeous in La today, even though I'm sure folks are going to be a little down as the Dodgers might be frittering away this world series. And I have the hottest take, the hottest take about why the Dodgers are down three two to the blue Jays. Are you ready for it?
Speaker 2: What's the what is that?
Speaker 1: The blue Jays are better? Oh Goo days had a better record by one game. The blue Jays don't have a massive liability, that is their bullpen. The blue Jays are hot and confident and bad on ball. What'd you say ball?
Speaker 2: They're connecting?
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, exactly right, but the ball and play. And here here's the other thing we were trying to figure out how to discuss this on for first things first today, which is it is a clumsy if you will, almost topic, not clumsy topic, but it's unwieldy, which is, how do you square this circle that we have seen this postseason? Shohei o Tani have arguably you, arguably the two greatest games anyone has ever played in the history of playoff baseball. The three home run ten strikeout game and then the two home run, two double five walk game. We've seen that just in the last week. How do you square that with? And other than those two games, he's been brewed, like what do you what it is? It's and and last postseason he was banged up, but he wasn't great. But you can't be like, oh, he's not a postseason performer because he literally might have had the two greatest playoff games ever played, uh, in the playoffs. But also aside and this is kind of a reverse, yeah, but aside from that, missus Lincoln, how was the play you don't want to Yeah, but the two greatest baseball games any of us have ever seen, arguably, But aside from that, he hasn't been good. It's really weird. And so on first things first, we determined the way we're gonna frame it is because Bruce been calling him the boat the best of all time? Has this postseason helped or hurt his quest for that title?
Speaker 3: And he's hitting you know, it's the game. It's really rough on the body, dude.
Speaker 1: So I do wonder how much of it is that is that of everyone, the eighteen inning game took the most out of show hey, because the very next day, after being on base nine times, he then also had to pitch. But it's listen. I think my prediction before the series was Blue Jays and seven. I think that's still what's gonna happen because I think Yamamoto is going to is gonna pitch a gym in game six. And by the way, here is I wonder you throw in the doc if you guys could look it up for me. What Yamamoto's World Series MVP odds are. I think before the World Series he was thirty five to one. Yesterday he was sixteen to one because if the Blue Jay, if the Dodgers do end up coming back to win it, he's fourteen to one now, so maybe he was, you know, sixteen to one in some books fourteen to one. Another Dodgers come back to win it, and Yamamoto has two complete games two of their four wins. With Shohy cooling off a bit. I wonder if he could win World Series MVP. I mean, the smart money right now would be on Vlad because it looks like the Blue Jays are gonna win it. But that is that is something. And I've been locked in to playoff to playoff baseball in the World Series. I think it's been great and I'm thrilled we're getting at least six, if not seven games. So right now, Yamamoto's got the third best odds, but it's Vladdie minus two hundred, show Hey plus two thirty, and then Yamamoto at fourteen to one. All right, let's get to straight the voicemail brought to you by our friends at boost Mobile. One of those things straight to voicemail was the Blue Jays Austin Reeves. Holy Molly, now I saw. I think it was. I don't want to get it wrong. I think Kenny Smith last night compared this him to Jared me Lynn, which is so wildly insulting to Austin. Austin's a legit excellent player, and they called me a madman a few years ago when I said I'd rather have him than Bradley Beal. Austin's about to get that contract Bradley Beal got in Washington that immediately became an albatross. Austin's been great. I do wonder this and this will tell you a lot about the Lakers priorities for the year, because when Luca is there, Austin becomes less critical. When Luca and Lebron are both there, Austin becomes almost wholly redundant. Do they consider selling super high on Austin to try to upgrade their perimeter defense and shooting, or do they look at Austin as Luca's running mate for the next five years. I don't know the answer to that, And a lot of that has to do with how good the Lakers think they can be this season when they're fully healthy. So all that, and then their Nick's Halloween costume. But I'm I'm not dressing up for Halloween this year. Your little sister's going as a ghostbuster, so that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And a little vacuum or something.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I don't vacuum, but yeah, I mean I think they.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's like a ghost vacuum or something. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it's pretty cool. It's a it's a good costume. I like it all right to Mom's a reminder everybody like rate subscribe review to the pod. A lot to do today. I am also a tad bit under the weather, if I'm being totally honest, and so I'm going to power through. Let's get to the annually the Bill's annual super Bowl, their regular season game against the Chiefs.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, it is super Bowl week over there in Buffalo and Buffalo's home dogs this time. I know, what, what do you think we're gonna learn more from? Or which team do you think we're gonna learn more from in this game?
Speaker 1: So a lot here, right, and the Bills likely without Ed Oliver, which is brutal for them. The Chiefs definitely without their starting left tackle Josh Simmons. I do expect him back by the way in November, but he's not going to be there for this game. Trey Smith should be back, which is important. Those are the maybe most noteworthy injuries or absences for the Bills. The real question to me is can this defense slow down what has become the most pro with respect to the Colts, the most prolific offense in the NFL. That is that that's the question for Buffalo and for Kansas. It is actually a similar question in this regard, which is the Chiefs have the defense the last two weeks has been unbelievable, but you're playing Mariota and you're playing the Raiders when they have played legitimate quarterbacks. Those teams have moved the ball. Now, listen, the Lions only scored seventeen points, but they moved the ball. The Prince and the Jags moved the ball. Baltimore in the three quarters, Lamar played moved the ball. Philly actually struggled a bit moving the ball. But the Chargers move the ball. So this Chiefs defense can't generate enough of a pass rush without having to send blitz after blitz after blitz to disrupt Josh Allen. So those are the real The focus is going to be on Allen and Mahomes, But as far as learning more about either of these teams, it's gonna be more about the defensive side of the game. But I will also say this, if I were just to name a few Bill Simmons or Mike Greenberg or Jim Rome or Joe Montana or Steven Ruiz or Dominique Foxworth, some of these people are my good friends or colleague or Colin Cowherd might mentor and dear dear friend, any of a dozen people who in September or August definitively declared that the best quarterback in football is Josh Allen. I'd be a little nervous this week because twenty some million people are going to watch the Chiefs go to Buffalo and what very well might be the last time Mahomes and Allen ever play in that stadium, and I think they're going to watch Patrick put on an absolute masterclass. And I understand that it was very in vogue, as it is every September, and again I have been very complimentary of Josh the last couple of years, but it was very in vogue to just flatly assert, oh, Josh Allen's the best player in the league after the first few weeks of the season, and since then he's been good, but not great. The team has been just fine since that three and zero start two and two, and right now this year, the only win the Bills have to hang their hat on is a Ravens win. That Ravens win that has not I guess I think it's fair to say aged amazingly because the Ravens were such a mess the first six weeks of the year. And this gets us to demands the rivalry questions. So go ahead, I'll let.
Speaker 3: You yes, like like you said this is gonna be the tenth time that they face each other, So what would Allen need to do.
Speaker 2: In this game for it to be considered a rivalry or a true rivalry.
Speaker 1: So I under it is a rivalry. I want to like I don't think it's not a rivalry. It's the two best quarterbacks in the league, and it is two of the three best teams in the league over the last five years. I don't think you can call it the two best teams in the league because I think you have to get Philadelphia. It's credit. They've been to two Super Bowls, they've won one, But it is It is unlike any rivalry we've seen in NFL history, where despite the fact that the teams are you know, in any given year, even or one guy just has a slight advantage. Early on when they were playing, the Chiefs clearly had the better offensive weapons, the Bills clearly had the better defense. The last couple of years, the Bills probably had the better offensive weapons, offensive line, running back, core, tight ends, you know, and the Chiefs might have actually had the better defense. And one team has consistently won the regular season matchups, and one team has won every single one of the postseason matchups, and it is and I, you know, ranted about this on the TV show yesterday, so I don't have to spend too much time on it here. But people so badly want it to be Brady Peyton and it has just been nothing like Brady Peyton, and it's maddening to me. Brady Peyton.
Speaker 2: Was.
Speaker 1: Peyton was the guy with the multiple MVPs. Peyton was the guy with the crazy stats, and Brady was the one with the rings in this instance. And by the way, Peyton in their third playoff matchup beat Brady, and in their fourth playoff matchup beat Brady, and in their fifth and final playoff matchup beat Brady. Fact that nobody seems to remember but me is Peyton finished the Brady Peyton playoff rivalry with a winning record. He was one and two with the Colts and two and zero with the Broncos. But set that aside Josh and Patrick, Josh is the Patrick is the one with multiple MVPs. Patrick is the one with the gaudier stats, and Patrick is the only one that's ever won. So it is far closer to Jordan Ewing or or lebron Toronto than it is bird magic or Peyton Brady?
Speaker 3: What do you like, bron Toronto is crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean that's what it's been. I mean, that's what that they even when Toronto had the better regular season record than Cleveland, even when they were the favorite in the series, which people will pretend to said true twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: Holmes has always had the gaudier stats. I feel like some years Josh Allen has beaten Patrick Mahomes out on well.
Speaker 1: No, I mean last year Josh was literally League MVP, and the year before Josh had better individual numbers. But I'm talking about for the totality of their careers, Patrick has more passing yards, more touchdowns, fewer turnovers, a higher passer rating, and no, no, no, the last two years Josh has had the the better numbers, and the last two years they've played in the playoffs, once in Josh's building, once in Patrick's. The last two years, Josh has had the ball in his hands less than five minutes remaining down three points, chance to go slay the dragon, and the last two years the Bills have walked off the field getting zero points from those drives, and the Chiefs celebrate. I mean, that's just what's happened, and uh and so I just people so badly want Patrick dabber peer and he just doesn't at this point. And as far as can this game change that, no could. Would the Bills beating the Chiefs in the playoffs finally change that? Sure, but we're far a long way from it. All right, let's talk MVP. Uh yeah, how far.
Speaker 2: Do you think that this game will go into side in the MVP?
Speaker 3: Well and also another follow up on this, could the loser still be eligible for MVP?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean again, we do too much. It's week eight or we just finished Week eight. A lot of people are still eligible for MVP. You're not knocked out of it here. But Josh's MVP case right now to me is very shaky. And listen, I was on the record throughout last season that I thought at the end of last season he was the MVP. But right now this moment, Josh's team has a good but not great record. But that's the same with Patrick. They both have five wins. Josh is, however, twentieth in the NFL in passing yards. He is tied for fourteenth in the NFL in passing touchdowns. He is ninth in the NFL in passer rating, and you can say, well, you know, we've got to and we do have to give Josh credit for the rushing piece of it. So he's rushed for two hundred and sixty yards and has rushed for five touchdowns. The touchdowns more impressive than the yards. Obviously, on that note, Josh has not up to this point played like an MVP, and the point I was making earlier after he was unbelievable in that Ravens game, and he was unbelievable in the Dolphins game. That was the game after the Dolphins game when Mike Greenberg said he's never seen anyone play the position better than Josh Allen. Since those three game, those opening three weeks, he's been mediocre against the same points. Threw for two hundred yards, two touchdowns and a pick against the Patriots and a loss. Threw for two touchdowns or two touchdowns, one pick and two hundred and fifty three yards against the Falcons and a loss. Was bad. Two touchdowns, two picks at seventy three rating one hundred and eighty yards. I against the Panthers last week, didn't have to do anything, and I mean they won forty to nine. You don't hold it against it. He threw for one hundred and sixty yards.
Speaker 4: So it is.
Speaker 1: Right now if we were talking NFL MVP as far as not projection demons on who's going to win it, but on who if the award were given out, if we had a mid season MVP, better candidates than Josh would be Drake May, who, honestly I think would be the mid season MVP. I think right now this moment, Drake May has you could argue, has been the MVP. Drake has a better case. Jonathan Taylor, if we're going to open it up to running backs, has a better case. Matthew Stafford.
Speaker 2: That's Baker.
Speaker 3: Like I know, he got knocked out, but given the totality his his season has been equal to, if not better than Josh Allen's.
Speaker 1: Up to this point. Yes, I and so the right now, if again, if we're voted on right now, my my top five would be Drake, Stafford, Taylor, Baker, and Patrick. And then I think you well, I'm going with Jonathan Taylor as the MVP of that team. If it's a quarterback only than Daniel Jones would have to be involved. Jared Goff some would argue, and Jalen hurts. I wouldn't argue, but the twenty touchdowns to two turnovers something else, and the insane passer rating, you know, with something else. It's just his yards are so low. It's a tough one. But all those guys set Jalen aside because it's such a unique case, have stronger MVP cases at this moment than Josh. Uh. All right, let's a couple more questions on this.
Speaker 3: You joked on Tuesday show that if the Chiefs lost the or won the regular season matchup, that they might be in jeopardy to lose the postseason matchup. Are you all worried about that with his game coming up?
Speaker 1: Well, here's what I find really interesting. This is the first time these two teams since Patrick and Josh have been there are playing in the regular season with neither one of them in first in their own division. Usually both are in first. This is the only time that neither's been in first. And I do feel that the Chiefs historically have had an edge in the playoff matchup against Buffalo Demonse because Buffalo goes all out for that regular season game and the Chiefs, to me, have a pretty vanilla game plan. They obviously want to win, and they've been important games, but a pretty vanilla game plan and try to use that regular season game as a scouting opportunity for the postseason game. I don't know that Kansas City or Buffalo for that matter, really has that luxury this matchup because neither one of these teams say it again.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was gonna assume with folks being hurt, like you can't get but.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's because both of these teams are in a real divisional fight. Neither one of these teams wants to be a wild card. Since Josh and Patrick have been there, they've never neither one of them ever has been a wild card like and so that where you have to start the postseason on the road. Both of these teams, I'm sure believe they are still very alive for the number one seed. The Chiefs get to play the Colts that. I don't think the Bills and Colts play each other, do They're.
Speaker 2: Both of them are going to be going going at again.
Speaker 1: I would think yeah, because it's the the Chiefs lose this game, I mean they'll be going into Week ten the seven seed. The Bills lose this game, and New England takes an even stronger hold on the division, so you it's a super important spot for both teams. And I am pleasantly surprised that the Chiefs are road favorites, like we've seen the Bills come to Arrowhead and the Bills be road favorites. The Chiefs being road favorites with what people were saying about Kansas City just four weeks ago, is pretty stunning. And if you want my full pick for this game tomorrow's gambling show, this will be prominently featured. Today's show is brought to you by our presenting sponsor, hard Rock Bet. Week nine football kicks off tonight with Ravens Dolphins. Check out these streaks from hard Rock Bets stats up. You can find odds to bet on all these streaks right now in the hard Rock Bet app. Derrick Henry has scored a touchdown in twelve straight games against AFC East opponents. I didn't know. Miami has dropped twelve in a row as underdogs against the AFC. I didn't know that either, and that is stunning. Devon a. Chan has reached the end zone in eight straight home games, and the Dolphins have failed to cover the spread in seven consecutive games as an underdog following a win. All of that info available in the hard Rock Bet Stats hub. If you still haven' dried your first bet on hard Rock Bet, there's still time for you to get one hundred fifty dollars in bonus bets if you win. Just place a five dollar bet and if it hits, you get not only your winnings, but also an extra one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets. Plus. Tonight on hard Rock Bet, you can get a Thursday Night profit boost for the game boost your same game parlay or SGP max, so your bet pays extra winnings. There's new promos every day, so if you're listening to this later, just open the app and check out what you've got in day of the week. Download the hard Rock Bet app today, take a look around and make your first deposit. Payable and bonus bets not a cash offer offered by the Seminal Tribe of Florida in Florida, offered by Seminal hard Rock Digital LLC in all other states. Must be twenty one plus and physically present in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Illinois Indiana, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia to play. Terms and conditions apply. Concern about gambling in Florida, call one eight eighty eight. Admit it in Indiana. If you are someone you know as a gambling problem wants help, call one eight hundred and nine with it. Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio, Tennessee, or Virginia. All right, demand, let's get to Thursday night football as your Ravens once again try to keep their season alive.
Speaker 3: I didn't tune in for the show when you said this. Did you give us like the tackle that turned the tide like a little bit thing?
Speaker 1: No, this is the our producers being funny.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 4: So after this one, after the spectacular go ahead, go ahead, say it, spectacular season saving snoop start, the Ravens are two and five and Lamar Jackson is officially back and understands that every game is a must win.
Speaker 3: At this point, we obviously need to win this game tonight. What do you need to see from the Ravens to feel like we can do something in the postseason.
Speaker 1: You've got to show that this defensive improvement's real. They played way better defensively against the Rams. They played a good, very good to very good defensive game against the Bears, and now you have a Dolphins team that seemed just dead. However, last week that Dolphins team tore up the Falcons, and that Falcons pass defense has been good and Tua had four touchdowns and six incompletions. Uh, they ra and the ball well Waddle got off like that's the best the Dolphins have looked in a year. And I do part of the Ravens playoffs, making the playoffs. Conversation to Mons is part of that's about the Ravens and part of that's about the Steelers and the Bengals, two of the worst defenses in the league, both two teams starting forty year old quarterbacks, one of them is now hurt. Say it again.
Speaker 3: I mean we're two and five right now, we're favorites to win the division. So yeah, it's just a lot of us, right.
Speaker 1: And so it's kind of we can talk about the Ravens just by being mediocre, might be able to find a way to eight wins, and eight wins could win the division. And if you're and we can throw up the Ravens schedule. If you are a Raven supporter, you have to feel like we are going to win our next four Tonight at Miami, then on extra rest at Minnesota and JJ McCarthy, then at Cleveland and Dylan Gabriel or Shadoor or whomever, and then home for the Jets. You've got to feel like we are going to be six and five going into our stretch run of four divisional games, two against Cincy, two against Pittsburgh, plus New England and Green Bay. So that is the math on the Ravens finding a way to make the playoffs. The logic demands on the Ravens actually being dangerous in the playoffs. Involves the defense having a second half of the season turnaround similar to last year, and we'll see if they can do it. As far as tonight, tonight's a weird spot because we have so little regard for Miami that it feels like any short of a thirty to ten bludgeoning is going to feel unimpressive. Like, if you really want to feel good about Baltimore, Lamar in his first game back in a month, has to look sharp, and more importantly, the defense has to look excellent, Like, of course you would take a twenty eight to twenty four win, but I don't think you'd feel great about it, if that makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I understand they just locked up the Falcons or they did what they needed to do against the Falcons, but it would be a letdown if Miami came to hug around with the Ravens, given how their season is gone.
Speaker 1: And let me throw another scenario at you of something potentially coming down the tracks here. Okay, let's just say that in these three games this weekend, the Vegas favorite holds. Okay, So the Patriots, who this weekend they're I mean they're playing who are favored against the Falcons. The Patriots win, and the Ravens, who are playing the Dolphins tonight, the Ravens win. And the Chiefs, who are playing the Bills, the Chiefs win. Okay, And I'll go ahead and add again if we're just doing the Vegas favorites hold. The Colts who are hosting the Steelers at the Steelers. The Colts win, and we're staring at going into week ten, the Ravens are three and five. The Steelers have fallen to four and four. The Patriots have improved to seven and two, while the Bills have fallen to five and three. You would be staring at the very real possibility that the Buffalo Bills win eleven or twelve games and are the number one wild card in the AFC. And the twelve and five Buffalo Bills first playoff game is on the road at the number four seed, the worst record of any divisional champ and they are on the road at the nine and eight Baltimore Ravens, and Josh versus Lamar in Baltimore is game one of the post is the you know, opening AFC crazy game crazy. But now let me say something else. Let's say the Bills beat the Chiefs this weekend and the Chiefs fall to four and four, they are then potentially looking at a wild card and maybe they would have to go to Baltimore in the first playoff in the wildcard.
Speaker 2: Run, Well, that'd be good for Lamar.
Speaker 3: I mean, if we beat either one of those teams going out the first round, I mean, that's the super crazy, that's the super Bowl, I mean.
Speaker 1: And so it's just if we assume the AFC North winner is going to be eight or nine wins at this point, they are going to be hosting a really good wild card team, because the best wildcard team is either going to be Bills or Patriots or whomever comes in second in the AFC West. So Chiefs Bronco's Chargers, Like, that's a hell of a potential Round one matchup. All right. Speaking of the AFC West, we've got Denver facing off against Houston.
Speaker 3: Two of the most unstoppable defenses are going head to head this Sunday. The Broncos are playing Houston. We've seen the last five quarters Broncos football, but somebody's been pretty skeptical and kind of called the positioning that they're in right now, we're gonna play it.
Speaker 1: We got a sound bite, got a sound bite, you guys, all right, let me hear it. I think there is a chance the Broncos start like four and two, and I'm dealing with a lot of chirping because they go Titans, Colts, Chargers, Bengals, Eagles, really tough, Jets, Giants, Cowboys. How many games that was that? Eight? That's eight games? So I think they you know what, I think they might be able to even start six and two.
Speaker 3: Don't care, Wow, I mean you kindled it, I.
Speaker 1: See, but I didn't. I thought that in that clip I had said they might start five and three. I didn't know I said they might start six and two. That makes me feel even better. Yeah, let's pave that for a potential Broncos spiral. Uh.
Speaker 3: You love that so so you're standing on it.
Speaker 2: You don't, You don't feel differently.
Speaker 1: This is what I'm gonna say. Bon Nicks has been awesome in the last five quarters. YEA, the fourth quarter against the Giants, which might have just wrecked the entire Giant season, and the whole game against Dallas, which obviously I got Stone wrong. That Dallas game, he's looked great. If he plays anywhere close to that level, that team's awesome. They lead the league in sacks and they allow the few of sacks. The defense is great. Now, Sir Tans injury, uh is a real one, and he's going to be out a month and that's significant. But I do think Broncos Texans is a really good bone test because the Texans, for all their struggles, have a great defense, and if Bow looks now, I think the Broncos could win that game in theory without Bowl looking good. And because I think the Broncos defense. Yeah, I mean this such a mess, right and so and Tunsl's injured Like that's a oh Tunsall's not on that team anymore. He is injured, but he's on the Commanders, So ignore that piece of it. But the so, I think this could be an ugly seventeen to thirteen game. But if bow looks good against Houston, all have to take them far more seriously. I find it very interesting that Vegas has no respect right now for Denver. The fact that they're one and a half point dogs against the Texans team that's looked decent once all year is really noteworthy to me.
Speaker 2: And so go the loss.
Speaker 3: With the loss, Houston would drop to three and five if they lost, Should they start selling some stuff with the deadline?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think that's a good take. The if they win, they're in it, like this is a fork in the road game for Houston where they and Houston's weird because their wins have been dominant wins. They shut out the Titans, they beat the thirty four, they handled the Niners easily last week, and their losses have been frustrating, like five points to the Rams, one point to the Bucks, touchdown to the Jags. The Seahawks game only eight, but they were dominated in that game. They after the Broncos, they have two divisional games Jags and Titans before the schedule gets real. Tough Bill's Colts Chiefs. So Houston could be an AFC playoff spoiler as far as making the playoffs, but they have to win this game in order to do that. All right, let's go to Patriots Falcons.
Speaker 2: So the MVP race.
Speaker 3: We talked about this a little bit earlier, but it's down to three guys, Mahomes, Allen, and Drake May.
Speaker 2: May and the Patriots are going.
Speaker 3: Up against the Falcons, and it seems like they haven't exactly but on everybody's radar. But do you think that this game has the potential to kind of put May and the Patriots on everybody's radar.
Speaker 1: For sure? And I I understand Mahomes, Allen and Drake are right now the three MVP favorites. I do I think at the midway point of the season, we can't say, like, you know, it's just these three guys. I think the MVP race can evolve over the course of the year. And I right now, I you know, Stafford has a great case, a great case and to me a far better case than Josh Allen. Drake May has a great case. And when you're a great quarterback and Drake May might be that year two is not too early to be awesome. And Lamar won an MVP in year two. Patrick won the Super Bowl second year as a starter. Burrow went to the Super Bowl second year as a starter. Russell Wilson won the Super Bowl second year as a starter. Like year two, you can be great already, and the Drake May has been since Week one, playing the position as well as anybody in the league now. So I I think the Patriots are better than the Colts. I think the Patriots are the third most dangerous team in the AFC. I think it was Chiefs, Bills, Pats, but I don't think they right now have that universal respect to your point, Demon's so yeah, I I think that it's gonna be hard for them to get it, only because they don't play anybody like all year long. They already had the easiest schedule up to this point in the season, and they have the second easiest schedule remaining. They have I think, you know, three games left that can be statement games at the Bucks home for the Bills and at the Ravens. Everything is the rest of it is Falcons, Bengals, Jets, Giants, Jets, Dolphins. So the Patriots should have a really, really good record. This is one of the reasons I picked them to make the playoffs. And credit to them that post Buffalo, they've really taken care of business. Beat the Saints in a game that's probably closer than they liked, and then blew out the Titans and blew out the Browns, and at Leana, I just can't get a beat on whatsoever. Such a weird team. Hey guys, you ever notice how everything keeps going up? Vents going up, Streaming services are going up. Favorite burrito spots charge an extra for Salza. Boost Mobile, though you and your phone bill, don't have to play the will this go up soon?
Speaker 2: Game?
Speaker 1: Why because boost Mobile has an unlimited talk, text and data plan at a price that'll never go up. In fact, same price you pay for life. So switch now for unlimited wireless at a price that'll never go up. Only at boost Mobile. After thirty gigs, customers may experience low speeds. Customers will pay twenty dollars per month as long as they remain active on the Boost unlimited plan. All right, demons, let's go to Vikings Lions quickly.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: So the throwing JJ McCarthy in the fire, they kind of did that soft benching and had him on the sideline. And now he's facing the Detroit coming off a buye with a paid Aiden Hutchinson who just signed a massive deal.
Speaker 2: What do you think this game is gonna look like?
Speaker 1: I think Detroit's gonna annihilate them. And I think that the Vikings are in real trouble. They clearly did not want to play JJ until he was fully healthy. That ankle's frame took a long time. They trotted Carson Wentz out there week after week even though he was injured. And I think that you know JJ McCarthy, we've seen him play two games in the NFL in two years, and he's played one good quarter. Now again, the sample size is nothing, and they have good weapons. But if I'm the Vikings, I'm very nervous about the way this season could unravel on me. And I think it's already kind of unraveling.
Speaker 3: And you see, I think Carson Wentz is gone, by the way, So it's it's just it's just JJ hare right now right?
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I mean Carson Wentz had surgery, like Carson Wentz is out for the year. Uh, but getting blown out like you did by the Chargers is really disconcerting. And they their wins this year. They beat the Bears in Week one. In the game they were outplayed, but JJ had that great fourth quarter. They beat the Bengals by a million in Week three in the first game without Burrow, and they beat the Browns in Week five on a touchdown with twenty five seconds left. Was that a London game? I'm trying to remember. Was that a London game? I feel like that was a London game. I feel like that was up early in the morning, London game, the Vikings, Vikings Browns. It was a London game. And so I think the Lions are gonna absolutely put it on them, and that might show up in tomorrow's pick show. All right, demand they want me to do a Halloween bit.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they are Halloween version of writ ends. We haven't done this in a while. We're bringing it back from the dead, back from the tombstone Halloween bit. So it's time for you to fill in the blanks on the scariest team in the NFL, oh crap, scariest team in the NFL, the scariest players in the NFL is and the scariest move a team could make it the trade deadline would be.
Speaker 1: All right, the scariest team in the NFL. The scariest team in the NFL is obviously the Chiefs, and the scariest player is obviously Mahomes. So let me do non Chiefs. I mean, it just is like that's just it's not even debatable, So let me do non Chiefs. The scariest non Chiefs team in the NFL right now is the Packers, because if Jordan Love keeps up this level of play, that defense can be so good, and he's getting his weapons back, their ceiling is crazy high. The scariest player in the NFL right now, I'm going to give again non Mahomes category to Jonathan Taylor because it just seems like he can pop for sixty yards at any given time, and that Colts offense has been unstoppable because of it. The scariest move a team could make it the deadline for me would be the Patriots trading for AJ Brown reuniting AJ with Mike Vrabel giving Drake May a legitimate number one and really going for it. So those are my answers there. All right, let's do some listener questions real quick.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Scott asked, why didn't you go to Toronto for the World Series in the Buffalo game?
Speaker 2: That that would be a nice weekend.
Speaker 1: I mean that would have been sick. I'm not gonna that is true. Going up to Toronto tomorrow night for Game six and then seeing a potential Game seven, and then on the way back home stopping by Buffalo for Chiefs bills. That would have been awesome.
Speaker 2: Stadium? Would you Yeah, it'd be bad.
Speaker 1: It'd be bad. Yeah, I'd legit neate like Fox Security.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: What's Stefan's question?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Stefan asked, can we get your trade deadline?
Speaker 2: Wishless for the Chiefs?
Speaker 1: Listen, I've wanted a chan for a while. It doesn't look like they're trading him. I the Chiefs have been adamant they're not adding a running back. I'd still call about Camara, but I think they're more likely to go after a D lineman, particularly with the second round pick Omar Norman Lott tearing his acl Let's go to.
Speaker 3: Indy Indie ask, is passer rating becoming overrated? Mahomes passer rating in twenty eighteen was one thirteen point eight and that was one of the best seasons in NFL history. Right now, Jalen Hurts is a better rating than that at one fourteen point four.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing. The new style of play, which is shorter passes, very very good at a void interceptions and super high completion percentage kind of cracks the passer rating code and it's made it. I agree, like it is insane that the number of guys that have a passer rating above one oh five just totally nuts. And so I still think it's a good metric, but it's not good to compare era over ERA at this point because to your point, to the uh, the questioner's point, the Indy, the no, no, no, the oh yeah the questioner, Indy, the high completion percentage low mistake but not a lot of boom plays is kind of a hack for passer rating, the way being a good rebounder is a hack for player efficiency rating in the NFL or in the NBA. All right, reminder, everybody like rate subscribe review huge thank you to Volume into Blue Duck and as always to our wonderful sponsors, Harder that boost and of course Zen. We are back tomorrow with our Week nine can't believe it's Week nine, Our Week nine gambling show, What's Right