Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is the j n V.
Speaker 3: Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. We got some special guests in the building.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: We have in Barack here this morning.
Speaker 5: Good morning.
Speaker 3: We also have Lamont Roach Junior, who is fighting our tank this week and he'll be joining us in the second.
Speaker 4: But rooting for Lamar Roach.
Speaker 6: I am not.
Speaker 7: We know who. I'm obviously rooting for.
Speaker 5: Davis.
Speaker 3: But you know, we wanted to speak to you guys with your brothers first because you got some some big news.
Speaker 2: You got a new show coming out.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, So let's break down the show, what the show's gonna be talking about and everything.
Speaker 8: Premiered a couple of weeks ago, with our first guests being Jake Paul, which was an in depth conversation. You know, obviously either you love him you hate him in the sport. You know, I know charlotteels a certain way about him in the sport, but he's very impactful and that was a great combo. But it's gonna be a weekly show on all the smoke. I know you guys are familiar with.
Speaker 5: Of course, those guys absolutely.
Speaker 8: And this is a division from All the Smoke. All the Smoke Fight, so it's called Ring Champs, Dock and Barack. It's been a long time coming, you know. You know, people know us for being on the Zone and hosting to his own boxing show, but we partnered up with All the Smoke and we have ownership of the IP and we're excited. It's been a long time coming, so it's a great homes fit for us.
Speaker 9: I respect what Jake Paul has done in the sport. I just want him to start fighting real boxes.
Speaker 1: I mean, he already fought a couple of real boxes Tyson Furi Brothers. Even before that though, see he bought two guys that nobody even heard of, you know what I mean. So that's the thing. When you fight those guys, nobody's looking for that. So if you come from the YouTube world, you already making twenty thirty million dollars a year, you ain't gonna fight Joe Schmoe because you ain't making no money. So he has to look for these guys in between fighting real fighters. He has to look for guys that's gonna make him another twenty million, wasn't it.
Speaker 9: Wasn't a Canelo fight on the cards, and then something happened.
Speaker 8: According to Jake, the fight was signed. I don't know if there's any truth to that, but there were there was a conversation about it being announced and then you know, some of you may know Turkey Alaschika's excellency from Saudi has taken over the sport for the most.
Speaker 2: Part, So what is he doing to the sport? Because we keep hearing that about Jake fighting.
Speaker 8: So there were there were rumors that they were going to fight in May, and Canelo was gonna fight Bud Terrence Crawford in September. But Turkey ala Sheik supposedly offered Canelo a four fight there where it was too much money to refuse, right, and it's you know, but Jake had to be out of the equation, so to speak. So that's what Jake put out there. But we do know that Canelo does have a four fight with Turkey ala Chic and Bud will be the fight in September.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Jake was the planning to retire after the Canelo fight last his boxing career.
Speaker 1: There's no way. One hundred million probably easy made a lot.
Speaker 3: Of money now talking about the sheik that you you've been talking about. They say he's been spending a lot of money in boxing and is he making it back and why?
Speaker 2: And is it helping the sport hurting the sport?
Speaker 8: I mean it's one hundred and help helping the sport. I mean for you fight fan, anybody is a hardcore fight fan. This past weekend for a twenty second it's probably the best card in history in terms of championship, back to back entertaining fights.
Speaker 5: Maybe not for the.
Speaker 8: Casuals because first off, it was that it started at like twelve in the morning on Saturday. But yes, he's putting a lot of money into the sport. If is he getting it back right now? I'm not sure. Probably not, But he's creating the fights that everybody wants to see. So for a fight fan, I mean, Charlot's a hardgo fight fan. That's a fighter's fight. I mean, that's what we want because these fighters want to get paid a certain amount. That's why the fights don't happen because the money's not there. Money's not an issue with it.
Speaker 1: That's always been the issue though, because we said we want to see the best fights. Remember we was waiting for Terrence Crawff with to fight Spence, but for a couple of years because the money, the money wasn't right now. So if somebody come with a whole bag of money, an endless bag of money, then you good for the sport. That's the kind of guy that could get tanked to fight chicaor Stevenson or somebody like that, you know.
Speaker 4: And also, why don't you pay you all a million dollars just to go over there?
Speaker 1: And who said they didn't.
Speaker 4: The zone doing all of this and saw you Arabia. I'm with my guys.
Speaker 5: You're right, You're right. We are we talk because we need to be a part of that.
Speaker 8: But yeah, another thing that's great for the sport is ring champs, you know because all of smoke right, what they assemble was a like an.
Speaker 5: All star team.
Speaker 8: We got andre Ward, Roy Jones, hall of famers, the big HBO analysts for years, you know, man Stack, you know what they do, uh Morning Combat, Luke Thomas, Uh Luke Thomas and Brian Campbell.
Speaker 5: So and then us like bringing that young energy.
Speaker 8: To the sport and we're gonna be in every huge fight covering, you know, with live content and our weekly show sitting down with the biggest names of the sport, and uh yeah, that's what the sport.
Speaker 5: Needs, you know what.
Speaker 1: I think it's even since our days on this is fifty dot com with fifty cent is like we brought that different culture to boxing. There was nobody mainstream like us urban, you know what I mean. So it's like it just made sense for us to transition to all the smoke that already has that finger on the pulse in that culture, you know what I mean, So we bringing that to boxing.
Speaker 5: And also show Time.
Speaker 8: You know, Brian Daly was an exact Showtime for years and he was in mind behind a lot of the great content that Showtime put out.
Speaker 5: So it's just a perfect perfect home for us.
Speaker 9: I wonder if not having that that cable network like an HBO or a Showtime doing boxing, I wonder if that's hurting it because casuals aren't necessarily tuning in like and I think you need.
Speaker 4: Can you be successful without the casual Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know what, First of all, no, no, now you can't, absolutely cannot, but think about this. People steal cable nowadays anyway, most people stealing cable, So in reality, I think the zone is taking over boxing. You know the network that we started with, but people don't even know they watching the zone. When you stealing cable, you don't know what it's on your box. It's on your TV, but you don't really know sometimes what network network it is because you steal it. You pirting it, you know what I mean. So to answer your question, no, we can't live without the without them, but I think it could still thrive.
Speaker 8: But that's what's hurt in the sport. Pirrating, like not wanting to pay for the pay per view, Like get a couple of friends together and you've been for the paper. Now you're stealing from the fighters. You're stealing from us. It's terrible.
Speaker 2: It's so easy now.
Speaker 3: You always hear about people in their fire sticks. You always hear about online. You can go to stream whatever.
Speaker 1: The legal fight sticking here? Raise your hand?
Speaker 5: Illegal one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying it's one out.
Speaker 5: Are you paying for fights?
Speaker 1: But watch them?
Speaker 2: You're gonna watcht Yes.
Speaker 8: He's done amazing things for the sports Turkey. So we're excited about this year.
Speaker 3: Not a fight this weekend, right, it's at the ball players before we get to the fight. Do you think fights happen better when they're in New York or is it better when they're in Vegas better than they're in different areas. I just feel like you don't get the feeling Vegas.
Speaker 1: Vegas.
Speaker 8: I mean, Vegas benefits from it, you know, from all the people there in town, gambling, spending money, partying. But as far as the fight fan experience in the arena, it doesn't really matter where you are. If the two fighters that you want to see fight are fighting each other, the energy is I mean, you've been allowed of fights like.
Speaker 5: It doesn't matter where you are.
Speaker 6: Does it sound more in Vegas?
Speaker 1: It depends what it gotta be. I'm here and at the different crowds different Yo. When Brooklyn come out, especially for Javonte Davis, it's a special crowd. I never see these.
Speaker 2: People like Vegas.
Speaker 5: Vegas is a little more.
Speaker 2: Is better security, everybody know, everybody.
Speaker 7: You know what.
Speaker 8: Happened when Tech for was that? Yeah, I mean it got crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm saying that was a.
Speaker 1: Stand, but I'm just saying it was. It was somebody had a gun out. It was a stampede. Dude just running, trumping, falling downstairs.
Speaker 5: Whatever. Let's not throw tank under the bus like that. We've been to his fight and s and it was fine.
Speaker 2: There was no issue in brooklynbody.
Speaker 4: I was at the Barclays one night. It was that Bruna Vargas fight. Yeah, shot went off that night.
Speaker 5: I was like in twenty eighteen something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah somebody, I've seen somebody run like the supposed six nine and.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah exactly who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's let's break down this fight. Do you want to bring him in now?
Speaker 1: No, I want to.
Speaker 9: I want to ask him two more questions about another fight. Do y'all think icole a through the fight against Paul No?
Speaker 4: No, that a lot of people saying, so.
Speaker 5: He's coming off the couch, right.
Speaker 8: You know, Turkey Ala Chika's excellency is offering you a bag of money. You need to save this card? Why sick?
Speaker 5: We cannot cancer that Joseph Parker fight. So you know he got offered the bag of money.
Speaker 8: He's not training, he's not expecting to fight really, so in this sport, even if you're a heavyweight, you need to have some sort of training camp to be competitive. Joseph Parker was training for eight weeks for this fight, So there's no way in the hell that guy's gonna throw a fight. He just got knocked out.
Speaker 1: This sounds crazy to me, but I could kind of see them saying that because I saw a video of what crazy throwing the frog, but but Cooley going to him and hugging him, Joseph Parker afterwards saying you my brother, So it kind of looked friendly. But I still think he got enough integrity not to throw the fight, because then I.
Speaker 9: Guess everybody was saying. The punch that that landed, that knocked him out of just looked like a grazy.
Speaker 1: People never got hit in the in the temple by somebody.
Speaker 5: People, when I hit up here, your.
Speaker 1: Brain starts shaking. You lose your equal living him. You might not feel pain, You're not gonna feel pain, you know, but you're gonna lose it.
Speaker 9: And that's all it was, especially if you're three hundred plus pounds, like you said, just getting off.
Speaker 4: The country, didn't have no training.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought.
Speaker 9: It looked like a hammer punched at the top of the head, and maybe his corner overreacted a little bit and it was.
Speaker 5: Just like he was dancing. I mean, he was done. I mean, you get hit on the top of the head that hard, it's dangerous.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I can act that good.
Speaker 1: Right in that moment, even though I agree, I wouldn't have said that.
Speaker 9: But okay, another one. Do we think Do we think Tank is duck and chaque Stevenson.
Speaker 8: Me personally, No, I don't think Tank is is necessarily scared to fight anybody.
Speaker 5: He's a true fighter.
Speaker 8: But Tank has has become this person that, you know, I guess his influence from Floyd where he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do. He doesn't care about like pleasing a fan so to speak. It's about money, his legacy, and I respect that, you know, because when it's all said and done, the fans, they're not going to.
Speaker 5: Take care of you. Right So he's worrying about securing the biggest bags.
Speaker 8: But right now, because Turkey Alaska is involved in squar Stevenson's career, that big bag of money will be offered to Tank to fight Shakur. So I think after like this year, there won't be any more excuses on why he's not fighting Chicur because the money would be outrageous beautiful.
Speaker 1: Because the word duck is a loaded word. It implies fear, you know, when we use it in the boxing where like, yo, you're scared, So definitely Tank nobody he puts people to sleep, you know what I mean. But there has to be a reason why. We do know that he's in charge of his career, so if he's not fighting, it's not nobody else's reason.
Speaker 8: And that's one of the best matchups in all the box I mean, she call the phenomenal. I don't care what people saying that it took him nine rounds to knock this guy out of there. They were complaining that Court never stops anybody. He stopped somebody. What else do you want from this kid?
Speaker 1: Now? You gotta stop, you gotta stop in the first round. Makes me happy.
Speaker 2: But that's the best fighting box Who's the face of boxing now?
Speaker 1: And there is no stop fronting. Canore is the face of boxing. Happy faces, all right, but who's the most all right? Who's the face of basketball right now? But there's many faces, that's it, So it's Canelo album is a star everywhere around the world. Tank is very very popular, but Canelo's the star.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And don't forget about Bud even though he's low key. The casual fans after the Spench fight, they know who he is. He's one of the faces of boxing as well.
Speaker 4: Do you think you know? A lot of people have been questioning the Tank's resume.
Speaker 9: They was like, are you talking about Quintin But you don't have don't have no Hall of Famers on your resume, Like your resume is weak?
Speaker 5: What you think about He doesn't care about that obviously.
Speaker 8: I mean, even though Tank hasn't fought those elite fights that we want to see him and we still got him on a Power of Pound list, He's still one of the best fighters in the sport.
Speaker 5: So I think nobody's questioning this skill level.
Speaker 8: But when it's all said and done, I think there'll be some question marks there, like if he doesn't fight this your corps or it's your females of the world, they might.
Speaker 5: Be, but I don't think he cares.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but at the end of the day, like even if you have losses, but you fought the best, then your legacy is stamped forever, you know what I mean. So Muhammad Ali got multiple losses, Pakia got multiple losses, and they're still one of the best of all time. So it's not even about beating everybody making money. It's about fighting the best you know, but.
Speaker 4: Who when did you call a Tank fight?
Speaker 1: That's a fifty to fifty fight if you ask me, I think it could go either way. I think Tank got the power to put everybody to sleep. But if you look at it, Chaquour has the best boxing probably rather defense of all times. You know what I'm saying, He's not He's not. I mean he's he don't get hit, literally, don't get hit. It might not be as pretty as Pranelle Whittaker, because that's my favorite, you know what I mean, butenomenal, but his defense is crazy.
Speaker 8: It is because he takes a little less risk. Floyd took more risk in that ring, especially young, you know, when he was younger and in his career. But I love that fight. I want to make a prediction. I want to say that Shaqour can out box Tank.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And I think I can get out boxing. But Boy would get to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you know what, I'll say it right now.
Speaker 8: If that fight ever happens, I think Tank doesn't get to him in that fight after twelve rounds wins more.
Speaker 1: That could easily happen. I can't say easily, but that guy happens because is very brilliant and very fight but but Tank is not a brawler. Tank sets you up. I mean, it's just it's just the best fight that could happen. But skill wise, that's the best setting you up. Though if he wants to no no, no, no no no no, not necessarily if he wants to. So he did that with Leo Sana Cruz because he couldn't hurt him. He ain't do that with Roly. He ain't let Roly hit him. He ain't lose rounds with Roly.
Speaker 8: But he might feel that Chicourt can't hurt him either, But that doesn't mean he won't lose a bunch of rounds and then next thing you know, it's a twelve round and it's too late.
Speaker 5: So we know.
Speaker 8: I mean that fight is the best in Canelo and Bud, two best matchups in boxing.
Speaker 6: What if Tank does fight all these these these people all want to see him fight and he loses, does that affect his legacy?
Speaker 5: The one?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 1: At one? You know why because if they already complaining that he didn't fight the best, and then you take a loss when you fight the best, then they're gonna say you never had it, even though I think he does. They're gonna say that you never really had it, and that's the sad part.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 4: Who wins Canelo? Bud one sixty eight.
Speaker 1: Bud been to my house Canelo, like I've been to Canelo's house. Bro, Like he asked me that, like this, this is old.
Speaker 4: I gotta go.
Speaker 6: No love.
Speaker 8: Both those guys probably close close to the but you know, he's more of a personal friend. I just think that people keep putting too much emphasis in the weight. But is just as big as Canelo. His arms are longer, he's strong as an ox.
Speaker 5: The dude put me in a choe code. He's so strong. This fight is not gonna go You're not.
Speaker 1: So that didn't make him sound That didn't make him sound strong.
Speaker 5: So so I think that you never put me in a jo.
Speaker 1: But did I taped Bud out?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Bro, and way to y'all just be wrestling justst.
Speaker 5: So, I don't know. I can't tell you. But what's gonna be a good fight?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 5: We have a Lamont roach coming in? Was good? What's brother?
Speaker 1: That's a that is a good fight.
Speaker 4: I can't It's hard.
Speaker 9: It's hard to bet against bud Man. But but you see what Canelo can do. I just don't want to personally say I think but will lose because I said that for years and he showed you.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I definitely.
Speaker 5: Showed him that.
Speaker 2: Said over there.
Speaker 5: So you're picking but in that fight.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not picking nobody.
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna watch it.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna enjoy it for what it is.
Speaker 2: But we have Lamont Roach Junior here. He's fighting this weekend.
Speaker 5: Welcome brother.
Speaker 2: How you feel a mareciate it man? As your training been so far?
Speaker 5: It's been perfect, It's been excellent. Honestly.
Speaker 2: I grew up in Maryland. Yeah, I grew up in d C and Maryland, d C and Maryland and and you.
Speaker 4: Know, so this is a Baltimore d again.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm from Washington, d C.
Speaker 10: Like that's my hometown. That's where I grew up. And you know, I grew up in Prince George County, Maryland too, But I'm from d C.
Speaker 4: You're fighting for the whole city. We got to try to beat Tank for sure. Is it like a real Baltimore DC thing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like, yeah, we don't. I'm from Baltimore from d C.
Speaker 5: But I like, so you don't rock with them? No, No, I love DC.
Speaker 2: They bought my tickets all the time.
Speaker 6: But the whole trajectory of the Baltimore versus d C thing, that's always gonna be a.
Speaker 5: Thing always, no matter what.
Speaker 7: Did you just sports? Did you always goanna fight tank?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean just competition wise. We grew up in the same you know what I'm saying, the same amateur boxing realm. We technically to the whole world. We down the street from each other, and then boxing we're close. So like Baltimore fight in the d C Golden Gloves, Baltimore fight in the uh you know the regionals that the.
Speaker 7: Silver gloves and stuff like that. So we always competing with each other.
Speaker 5: They're asking is uglier than I was. Ain't in no way.
Speaker 7: Say to stay to see it's way different.
Speaker 2: But they say I'm going back and all that, like.
Speaker 5: Different country, yea, something about it. You ain't from from Maryland? Like what was what was that? Because I'm like Areland d C.
Speaker 7: Yeah, d C is not in Maryland.
Speaker 1: No, I get that, But but you said you're from d C and Maryland though, yeah, I live in both.
Speaker 4: So I grew up with Heights if probably I thought to say Crime Heights, Maryland.
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I' from.
Speaker 1: From I'm from d C.
Speaker 10: I'm from I'm from lee Joy Park. I'm from Uptown. I'm from le Joy Park. So that's like the Shaw Howard area for people who don't know. But my parents, my mother and father moved to Prince George County if you if people don't know, like the line is like right here, like d C Prince George County, d C Prince. So it's like it's like right there. It's like I don't know how close Burrows are, but it be some people that.
Speaker 5: Be on the line, that's true across York and Queen.
Speaker 7: Something like like from New York, but they be from Jersey, right like this guy right here.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so this st ain't far enough away from me, right because d C and Baltimore can drive to this fight.
Speaker 2: Yeah nah, I lie, I prefer Vegas Ware niggas got anybody can get in the.
Speaker 1: That can occur.
Speaker 7: That's why the fight not happening in d C. M of course, but that means drive.
Speaker 10: It's only three hours, yeah, but I'm saying from just from hours, that's more pressure respective like cities for sure.
Speaker 9: Does it really matter though, if you having a fight in d C. I mean Maryland, Baltimore right there. Everybody can come from Baltimore.
Speaker 10: I think so too, but I think I think more so it is probably strategic because he didn't want, I mean, Tank a superstar. So you know every time he going into a fight, the crowd is gonna be pro him. If the fight is in DC, crowd wi and be damn they pro me or fifty fifty.
Speaker 1: Oh, I see what you're saying. So, since you grew up in the same amateur time period, were you ever friends?
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean I've known since I was like ten, so we always seen each other. Like he always made it to the nationals. I always made it to the nationals. So it was always like in those tournaments, we'll see each other all the time.
Speaker 3: Before twice who when we fought, he won both times.
Speaker 7: The first time we fought in Baltimore, that was BS. He shouldn't have won that, but oh.
Speaker 4: Fifteen, So what kind of win was it?
Speaker 10: It was a spit decision win in Baltimore three to two. But it's it's like some BS happened. My dad sent the tape to USA Boxing and they was like, nah, you like that shouldn't have happened.
Speaker 5: So you felt like you want to that fight? Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 10: I mean USA Boxing sent me an at large bid to the nationals. Like we fought in the regionals and he was the regional champ. But when they seen the video, they was like, all right, we'll see your at large bid and they put us on two sides of the bracket.
Speaker 5: He made the championship.
Speaker 10: I made the championship and he won a close fight in the championship one and two in the nation.
Speaker 8: Though, since you fought him and spared him, is he the hardest punch that you shared the ring with.
Speaker 11: No, No, no, you know a little older or Spawn was just during that time, Spawn was like before we evenfore, like the last time we was in the ring together this movie, before I became the Reaper.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but back then I was considered a bigger puncher than him. Like you know what I'm saying, damateurs, What about now?
Speaker 4: How do you feel like you have a bigger punch than him?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 7: I feel like I'm a bigger punch than Mike Tyson, that's right, But I can brock.
Speaker 4: What do you think of this technical.
Speaker 5: We're supposed to say, like now, I don't really punch that.
Speaker 2: Figure out, just show him one good time.
Speaker 1: I'm you don't get the deserting a puncher. Look, obviously you're the underdoor because you got a loss already and lost to Jamil Herring, who who got beat by your course? So how are you a better fighter than that time period?
Speaker 7: I'm a thousand times better fighter than that, uh, than that time period.
Speaker 10: And if anybody know and and and the people you guys know that fight, you gotta tell you gotta tell me. Sure that fight took it out of Jamail for sure. I mean no disrespect to him, and no disrespects went over him either. But ever since then, it's just been a different Jamail, like downhill and he was just over the hump.
Speaker 7: He was over the hill after that fight.
Speaker 10: That was in twenty nineteen, right, yeah, that was in twenty nineteen, right now, Like you know I took that I took from that fight was you know they're not gonna give you none. I started a little late on that fight. If I would have started earlier, I probably would knock Hi. Like we're playing on doing We never planned on winning. On the score cards in that entire camp. That entire camp, they were stacked against us top rank card.
Speaker 5: He was a champ.
Speaker 1: It was veterans.
Speaker 10: They weekend, they had a story on him, and you know what I'm saying, his tragedies and stuff like that, but just it was built for the you know what I'm saying, serves the country, you know, not root for that. I feel you, So you know what I'm saying. So we knew we wasn't gonna get none, no paper, but you know, I just started.
Speaker 1: What about this fight? Tank is being said like they was asking who's the face of boxing? And Tank is one of those faces of me? So are you going in that game? You're going in this with the game plan that I got to knock him out in order to get the victory.
Speaker 7: Nah, not necessarily, but I'm trying to. I'm trying to.
Speaker 10: I mean, I'll be trying to knock anybody out. I'm trying forever. I'm trying to get shit cracking.
Speaker 5: For you know.
Speaker 8: And be mentioned about there, there's a stigma with Tank about him not fighting elite fighters, right, do you agree with that?
Speaker 5: Do you feel Tank is overrated or does he get the he deserves nothing?
Speaker 4: Sultan right for you, it would be damn sure.
Speaker 7: That's what I was gonna start that that being Sultan. But nah, I don't agree.
Speaker 5: Is good.
Speaker 7: I think it's I think it's a resume is solid. Yeah, for sure. I think people don't understand that the business get in a.
Speaker 10: Way of some a lot of stuff and and nine times out of ten, because some people do use the business to expect the duck fights. I ain't gonna lie, but nine times out of ten it do be stuff that just don't line up. There'd be a whole rocker stuff that don't line up. And I wouldn't necessarily say he ducking a fight.
Speaker 7: I mean, like you know what I'm saying, we men.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, I wouldn't see Tank ducking anybody with your point the financially in a way some.
Speaker 10: People feel, I mean, you can't argue with guy what you feel like he deserves or especially if he earned it, or you know what I'm saying, like it just if you want to fight on his terms.
Speaker 7: And that's just how this ship worked.
Speaker 5: So what do you do.
Speaker 1: Let's say you win the fight or come Saturday night, what do you do? Do you stay? Because it's a different weight class. You already a champion at one thirty. You coming up to one thirty five fighting a champion there? Do you stay in that weight class or you go back down.
Speaker 5: I'm going to do both.
Speaker 7: I'm gonna try to do both. But I'm like we I talked to the WBA already and like.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, but you can eat twininkies now you good?
Speaker 11: Like good?
Speaker 5: If down he's fighting Tank again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 10: So I mean, I have no choice but to stay at thirty five, but I did ask them to, you know, if I can, let me do my obligations to keep my belt at thirty just in case the business don't line up at thirty five. People might be busy, or the champs might be busy, they might be fighting somebody. Let's let's pray they don't. But if they do, I can go unify at thirty.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you a question.
Speaker 8: When the Tank opportunity came up right monetarily, right when you got the offer, were you did you go shad? Did your team negotiating now we want a little more for tech or did you say yes right away to the opportunity.
Speaker 10: I say yes to the opportunity, but we our negotiation was more so what we had on our plate.
Speaker 7: We had paper on the plate, like.
Speaker 10: You know what I'm saying, Like, but it's just like the upside is, the upside is greater than the fight that I would have took for about the same amount of money or a little more, you know what I'm saying. Like, So so it's not your biggest pay, No, this is gonna be big, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: What we had on the table, but not fighting somebody else outside somebody else? Who was that person? My mandatory? Who was guy from uh what's his name?
Speaker 1: You don't even know?
Speaker 8: You had the same amount of money fighting tech as your mandatory. So you're getting a piece of a pay per view numbers?
Speaker 7: Who said that?
Speaker 1: So it don't matter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the upside is, no doubt.
Speaker 9: What did you what did you learn from your loss against Jamal hearing that you would take into this fight Like how did how did the loss make you a better fighter?
Speaker 10: Uh? It just it just made me realize that obviously I wasn't doing everything I needed to do to be a complete champion.
Speaker 5: You gotta think I was.
Speaker 7: I just turned twenty four.
Speaker 10: I'm looking at myself already as world champ on top of the world, being ready to beat this big money guy or whatever the case may be. But it made me, It made me buckle down, It humbled me and made me sit down and really do my work and really be a student of the game. Adapt everything and again that they ain't gonna get nothing to you.
Speaker 4: You gotta go take it.
Speaker 5: And that's what I adapted.
Speaker 10: That's when I changed my That's when I made my name my nickname the Reaper officially, and I took on that Monica as I can't take note for a answer no more.
Speaker 9: You know, I thought about that too, because I saw Javonte's train and say that Tank's biggest fear is losing, And I wonder if it's too much pressure to keep up an undefeated record, And where did that mentality come from?
Speaker 8: With it?
Speaker 5: Floyd?
Speaker 6: Like, now, when you train, right, like, is it a part of your process to like study the o a fighter like you studies?
Speaker 7: Okay, so what would you say, is Tank's biggest weakness? We got we're gonna see. I can't tell you right now because he might.
Speaker 5: See this, but but we got a few.
Speaker 7: We got a few, and the things that he does well is important too.
Speaker 5: Well, you know what you could do.
Speaker 1: You could tell us offline and then when you win, we'll say, oh yeah, he told.
Speaker 2: Let's ask Brock.
Speaker 3: I mean, what do you think tanks weaknesses and what do you think roaches weaknesses?
Speaker 12: Analyze Box Well, I'm not gonna talk about his weaknesses right right in front, but listen, I would as far as Tank, I mean, I would say Charlotte pointed to earlier where he starts late, right, he loses rounds early in the fight because he's relying on that, you know, one hit of quitter, which Deonta did as well a lot.
Speaker 8: So I think that Tank has a skill to start earlier. I mean, I would say that that was one one of the things that I feel like that he should tell all the change.
Speaker 7: Now you better not start label me a long night, a real long night.
Speaker 1: I don't really think Tank has weaknesses. I've seen him get frustrated back in twenty seventeen, right, and that's a weakness, But I haven't seen that, I think so so, But since then, I haven't seen that. At some point in and I could tell you he had weaknesses when I seen him fight Jamel Herring, But I don't see that now you get what I'm saying. So I seen them both what weaknesses as you're saying what we did the same thing about starting late. They both did the same thing about starting late. And he wasn't being first playing. You know what I'm saying. I'm telling him I'm not a chump. You know what I'm saying. I don't mean I'm not calling him saying that.
Speaker 11: I'm.
Speaker 5: Amazing.
Speaker 1: You wasn't trying to be first when you should have been first. That's all I'm trying to say. That's so, don't wait the counter whatever you think. You're slicking your hand and all of that. You wasn't trying to be first. But I see you different now, corner something.
Speaker 2: I also do notice that, you know, and I'm a casual boxer, right, so I like boxing.
Speaker 4: Tank back in the day.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. Be coming more of a fight then, yeah, yeah yeah, but.
Speaker 1: So yeah this fight.
Speaker 3: You guys haven't got too disrespectful with each other. Usually I see disrespect out the windows, your mother, your kids, all that. I haven't seen that with this one.
Speaker 5: Why is that cool?
Speaker 1: Played to damn much like.
Speaker 10: He a trolled up and I troll back. That's the thing like Andy troll back, I t so like I never so I never for anyone that's in obviously of his like stature and as a stardom. But we follow each other like we see like you know what I'm saying, We see each other ship. I already know he hatrolled, so I know what they expect. Some people know that I am a troll and I can be funny or I could be funny on the socials for sure, and I'm going to have a comeback for whatever you got.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing.
Speaker 10: Like it's a little different because we're fighting each other now, so like imagine me, I see everything that he do to troll everybody else. And and the other thing is they be having like he'd definitely be having personal vendettas with other people or people be having personal vandetas with him, like they really be having like issues.
Speaker 4: He don't like him, But it.
Speaker 8: Was like, don't you know I don't like he said he has said disrespectful things about.
Speaker 4: Woman.
Speaker 5: You expect.
Speaker 7: I mean, that's just that's who he is in your wild cards.
Speaker 4: Like and obviously if you don't respect Baltimore first, respect.
Speaker 1: For men and women.
Speaker 8: Take super disrespectful on Twitter going in. But yeah, you're right and me, there hasn't been too much disrespect. I mean, what's the most disrespectful thing a fighters ever said you?
Speaker 7: I know, because they don't be I don't get that and they don't get that to me, they be not.
Speaker 5: I don't really play like that.
Speaker 1: Take scared of your trollness?
Speaker 5: Control better.
Speaker 10: No, I just think it's just like a level of mutual respect, like for real, for real, if you want to keep it a butt outside of this, if we have if we ain't fight, he the homie. So I mean, it's not like we ain't never talk about out fighting.
Speaker 5: Before we talked about did you like go out?
Speaker 10: Yes, that's what I'm saying. I've seen him as a as as we've been professional. I've seen him more times outside than I've seen him in a boxing environment.
Speaker 4: You know, he col I saw him label you.
Speaker 9: He said that you and Bud would be actual challenges, he said, like HAINI I think he said Stevens and Davids would be light work, but he actually.
Speaker 4: Said you and Bud would be challenges. What do you think of that? When you heard he tell the truth?
Speaker 7: When it comes to me, he telling the.
Speaker 5: Truth, not when it comes to but not when to come to But yeah, I think he's telling.
Speaker 4: The truth too.
Speaker 10: I mean, obviously he's big and one of the best prices in the world. But yeah, when it comes specifically when it come to me. Yeah, Like and I think people trying to say, Okay, he lying to sell the fight or whatever the case.
Speaker 3: Be, Na like this this is a real So what do you say to tank fans like Jess like that that don't believe in you, that I don't think you're gonna win, you might get knocked out, you got an accent, you know what do you say that those type of fans like yes, like a just right now.
Speaker 10: Because because I would get a little like because people get behind them keyboards, they getting a little disrespect.
Speaker 5: That I never said nothing about you.
Speaker 2: You don't even talking like that.
Speaker 1: She said something about about.
Speaker 5: But no, this is the thing I said.
Speaker 2: I didn't know you.
Speaker 6: I didn't know who you was until you and uh so yeah, until you know what I mean, that's all I said.
Speaker 7: And I say you're gonna beat you, just because.
Speaker 5: That's my man respect.
Speaker 10: I go to man, A lot of people are gonna be like, I don't know who he is. So he's gonna do He's gonna get knock now, he gonna do this. He's gonna be sleep. You need to get a pillow. I see that ship, obviously, I see that Ship's my phone, you know what I'm saying. Like, but it's just like I don't know about boxing.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 4: Breakdown fight beyond.
Speaker 1: Breaking that whole round.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but listen with you being all right, So do you ever feel with this man says on it when people like the underdog conversation, like does that affect you? Does that really piss you off? Because you step right up to fight him. I mean it wasn't like he had to troll you to get him to fight.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nah, for sure.
Speaker 10: But that's what I'm in there for. I'm here to fight the best. I want to be the best. That's what really drives my whole career. Like I got in this to be the best.
Speaker 7: So if he's a pan for talent, what they gonna think about me when I when I win?
Speaker 8: So if you do beat Tank and then fight and reimagine beat him again, obviously you want to fight the other champs at one thirty five. Let's say that scenario happens, and Chicourt should be on your you know, one of your talks. Who do you think it's a harder fight Tank or Kur for yourself stylistically?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's told y'all fifty fifty fights.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good question. Cool bad boy man.
Speaker 7: I mean I've been in the ring with him more than recent more than recently.
Speaker 5: She cool bad boy.
Speaker 4: You don't get the credit used there, you ask me everybody.
Speaker 10: I mean, it's just the outside looking in and then they're comparing him to a knockout all this that's not fit.
Speaker 5: You know, it's just not fit. I don't know, Cour, it seemed like leaking to be in a more difficult fight. Maybe damn.
Speaker 9: I want to ask you about that, right when you're dealing with a knockout artist like Tank and Tank maybe not?
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know.
Speaker 5: You gotta sell the fight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, No, it's not that I don't fight. It's just being realistic, like you know, you gotta do.
Speaker 5: You gotta compare a dangerous point.
Speaker 7: You gotta compare the tendents obviously got ninety ratio.
Speaker 5: Alert at all times out that entire a lot of people don't.
Speaker 7: Give him this credit of him being a skillful fighter.
Speaker 10: He's really supercrity, got a bag with him, like and y'all gonna see it man, because he ain't gonna have no choice but to use it.
Speaker 5: Is just he's just the skills, you know, like the credit he gets for a knockout. He's just that skills like people. People don't know that.
Speaker 9: When you got to knockout, all this coming at you and he said he want to knock you out between six and eight rounds, tell you that.
Speaker 5: Right now, I'll tell you what is there any level of fear of that at all? What I just say.
Speaker 8: But listen as far as betting, right yesterday, we were looking at odds and in order for you to win one hundred bucks, you gotta bet four hundred the tech knocks you out.
Speaker 5: So I never see odds like that, like you gotta bet so much to win so little. So essentially essentially saying you are definitely getting knocked out. That's what the odd makers are saying. It's crazy. So you bet.
Speaker 7: Did you see the odds for the heck the fight?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Oh no, it was.
Speaker 1: It was bigger though bigger than that.
Speaker 10: It was bigger, so obviously we cleaned up that night. It's gonna be a repeat. I'm telling you right now, people.
Speaker 5: Gonna make some money. You better yourself.
Speaker 1: Yes, of course, is that illegal? I don't know. He's just joking. If that's legal, I'm.
Speaker 11: Not gonna lie.
Speaker 4: You do have a level of confidence that make me feel like we put a couple of dos.
Speaker 1: I told them in the green room, like I've seen Summer Tinks. Opponents even though they talk, smacked me a.
Speaker 5: Little shaky, shaky, not him real.
Speaker 1: Oh be more.
Speaker 5: What I'm just saying, want a couple of dollars?
Speaker 1: Do you do you try to and I.
Speaker 9: Mean, of course you're gonna engage, but do you rely on your defense more and try to out box tank or do you go in there and mix it up.
Speaker 10: It's gonna be it's gonna be mixed up, for sure, it's gonna be mixed up. We're gonna we're gonna we're gonna apply pressure. We're gonna be smart, we're gonna be defensive, We're gonna do everything. We're gonna do everything. We're gonna make him perform at his best. We're gonna make him perform at his best. We're gonna make him think We're gonna make him feel pressure. We're gonna make him feel like, all right, I gotta get get out the way of this ship because I ain't gonna lie. I'm when I tell you, I really be trying to knock everybody out. It's not just like me going crazy. But if I can, I'm gonna try to set it up.
Speaker 7: I like to hear that too, because I ain't gonna lie.
Speaker 6: Tank, my man, But I got tired of paying money for the fights, and it's over too fast for the fight, and by the time I got in there, it was the one in Atlanta.
Speaker 7: By the time I got in there, it was over, so I was pissed.
Speaker 5: So you better make him work for it.
Speaker 7: Okay, it's gonna be worth for your money.
Speaker 1: One of the criticisms is that you know you're a champ at a lower weight class, so they say, oh, Tank picking on somebody smaller. But fight night, do you think you're gonna be the bigger man in the ring?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I am.
Speaker 10: I mean if people know him and people see me, or even if people know me and people know him, they know that he a little guy like he fight at the weight class because it's he's comfortable and he doesn't have to struggle to struggle to make weight. You be killing yourself to make it. Okay, but you just it's definitely likes. It requires more discipline for me, especially to make one thirty.
Speaker 4: What do you think think's most difficult fight has been so far? Cruise right?
Speaker 5: Definitely right, I would say so sec.
Speaker 7: I mean he was so frustrating it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but but he wasn't on top of his game early. He wasn't on top of his game, on top of his game right now. No, No, I just mean in that fight, I think he was just playing around too much and just trying to get a spectacle and not really thinking.
Speaker 5: Like what was tough. But he did have a hand injury and after.
Speaker 1: Pretty late in the fight, like the tenth round. It was the tenth round. People say earlier, but it was a tenth round. So it was just a tough fight because tough Pimple was a tougher boone.
Speaker 9: When you studying Lama, which which fights do you watch? Do you watch the ones that were tough for him or do you just watch them all both.
Speaker 7: I watched the ones that are tough. I mean I watched the ones that you see that he because he.
Speaker 5: Knocked out damn near everybody.
Speaker 10: But you take away certain stuff from a lot of things, like from the Frank Martin fight, even though I think that fight was fairly easy.
Speaker 7: It's just little stuff like tendencies that you have.
Speaker 10: It's like stuff you pick up on, like, oh, he always does this when he does this, and you can't rely on it because it's what he used to do. You can read it, but you could read certain certain stuff, especially like little second nature things like little twitches like how he reacts to a certain punch or how he moves after he does a combination.
Speaker 7: Or whatever the case be, just naturally, like how many times he doesn't and stuff.
Speaker 10: Like that.
Speaker 1: About a little bit. So that's you studying these these tapes or is that your and the mastermind back both.
Speaker 5: I got.
Speaker 1: So this is the biggest fight of your life for sure, to find your career.
Speaker 10: I always say that this is because I'm an win. But this is the start of my legacy run. You know how You know how fighters who who you know gonna be in the Hall of Fame have that distinctive start of their run.
Speaker 1: This could be it.
Speaker 5: This, this is gonna be it.
Speaker 10: This is gonna be especially because you know, he talking about retiring and all that. I don't I think it's gonna be hard for him to get back in the ring if you lose, because he's already talking about retirement. So if we do have two fights, that's damn trouw gonna be my legacy run because.
Speaker 7: We have two we have two fights.
Speaker 10: Whereas you got this knockout all this that's a pad talent that people are saying is one of the and and not saying who is one of the biggest spectacles in boxing right now?
Speaker 7: If I beat him twice then go on to unify.
Speaker 10: No matter what win or lose, I'm still fighting the best fights and and always I'm always gonna put out I'm always it's always gonna be it's always gonna be a dance like especially if if I got a good dance part in in there with me, It's always gonna be a good fight. So this is the this, this, this fight is defining the start of my legacy run. And that's why I want to go off to my Hall of Fame. I want to go up to forty and fight too.
Speaker 7: If anybody saw I called out Ryo before we got the Tank.
Speaker 5: Before we got the tank.
Speaker 1: Ryo is the guy that beat Pitt Bull.
Speaker 5: So hall of Fame.
Speaker 8: That's that's your goal. Like as a fighter, it's all said and done. You want to be a Hall of Famer, and you need this fight.
Speaker 5: I'm satting to be one of the best.
Speaker 4: Saturday years old.
Speaker 5: Good luck this Saturday.
Speaker 3: I think I think if, if, if you do win, I think you should come up Monday and sit and just chair.
Speaker 5: Win show.
Speaker 8: We appreciate you on his own No, it's on Amazon Amazon paper view.
Speaker 2: All right, well, Rock, we appreciate.
Speaker 5: By the pay per view.
Speaker 7: If I'm gonna tell y'all right now, don't still.
Speaker 5: She still by the paper view. I'm telling you win by the paper view.
Speaker 8: All right, watch out definitely on all the Smoke Fight YouTube page, and we're gonna be doing a live broadcast for the Tank and Roach weighing.
Speaker 5: At the Barclay Center that fight. So tap in or the Smoke Fight.
Speaker 3: All right, well, Lamar Rose Junior, Acabarack, we appreciate you, Broming, good luck. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning. The Breakfast Club