Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty and no, he Armstrong and Hetty. It wasn't let go.
Speaker 3: He is being made ambassador to the United Nations, which of course is a Senate confirmed position. I think he can make a good argument that it's a promotion. But we brought Mike on to do some serious reforms of the National Security Council. He has done that. I think the media wants to frame this as a firing. Donald Trump has fired a lot of people. He doesn't give them cenic confirmed appointments afterwards. What he thinks is that Mike Waltz is going to better serve the administration most importantly of the American people in that role. And I haven't agree with him.
Speaker 2: That's a decent point.
Speaker 4: It's not that Donald Trump's afraid to fire people, regardless of their relationship or how it will look or whatever else.
Speaker 2: He's done it many many times.
Speaker 4: But it's not of promotion because you're no longer in the inner inner circle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're talking about Mike Waltz, former National Security Advisor, now going to be the Ambastor to the un A couple.
Speaker 2: Of Pope killer jd Vance There, Oh boy.
Speaker 1: Jd Vance's interview with Brett Barre last night, another excellent interview. A couple of reactions. Number one, Jack, You're one hundred percent right. He's been moved from the inner circle to the outer circle. It's a good gig and a reasonably high profile gig. But yeah, it just wasn't working out for reasons I'll get into in a second. Also, the thing that struck me and I used to really really like jd Vance, There are aspects of his worldview I find kind of troubling, and he's pretty slick. I mean, he is a good bser like right there. I mean Waltz was shoved out and everybody knows it, but he protected the man's dignity, which I kind of appreciate.
Speaker 4: I would like it if you said that about me, if I got moved to a different job. Right exactly. It's actually a promotion that he now is the male guy.
Speaker 1: But the one thing I just kept thinking about, Oh and Michael, you might want to get.
Speaker 2: To forty two ready clip forty two.
Speaker 1: As I was watching him talk to Bratt, I was thinking what an enormous upgrade brain power wise, from the last vice president to the current vice president. I mean, good lord, from a mouse to a tiger.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Michael, who saw that video from a couple of weeks ago, the one of the elephants at the San Diego Zoo during the earthquake.
Speaker 5: They got in a circle and stood next to each other.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's enough. You know that was an edit. That's interesting.
Speaker 1: That was an edit of the clip we'd played the other day that had included all of her giggling because accommodation of her giggling. And then when she went to bring home the point about like the elephants, we need to stick together, she laid it as a du trumpet of agreement. There she laid it on us.
Speaker 2: Like it was the words of the world's greatest philosopher, when the philosophy was suited for like second graders.
Speaker 4: Right, if you're an adult, you picked up on where she was going before she laid out her very slowly. Now let me hit you with the with the punchline here, people, because you haven't figured it out ahead of me.
Speaker 2: They worked to get yeah, I get it. Yeah, we know anyway, all right, So onto.
Speaker 1: A slew of stories about the White House and what it's done in the last couple of days. And I'll tell you this, we don't talk about politics exclusively around here, and you know, I don't stoke outrage constantly. It's a little different approach to talk radio, just because I don't know it's unhealthy to just fixate on politics all the time.
Speaker 2: But a lot has happened.
Speaker 1: The Waltz getting shoved out, Yes, it had to do a signal gate. Of course, Washington is more gossipy than Hollywood, and the minute the guy was out the door, all the Trump aids ran to their favorite media contact and let him know what was going on. So Trump and senior administration officials, including the Chief staff Susie Wilds, had been frustrated with Waltz even before the signaled debacle. Walls hired aids that his critics said did not appeal to Trump's magabas, and he struggled to relay the president's national security priorities on television, which Trump thought would be a strength of Waltz because he is very intelligentic and a good talker.
Speaker 2: But there was a little discomfort with.
Speaker 1: The more Trumpian worldview and Unlike Marco Rubio, who's managed to become a forceful advocate for views he didn't hold in the past, Waltz wasn't really doing that on Ukraine and Iran.
Speaker 4: Especially according to insiders, there's no way jd Vance likes Walls. I mean, he might like him as a person, but he doesn't like him being around because they disagree completely on there how interventional we should be.
Speaker 1: Some on Trump's team also found him imperious and condescending names.
Speaker 2: I've always been imperious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm condescending, idiot, particularly to White House staff, administration officials set So that's enough of that. I like Mike Waltz. I was glad he was in the position. I wish he still was. But on we go the ship of State saiales on and now Rubio is going to do both jobs. Yeah, temporarily. Here's another headline. Trump to propose slashing one hundred and sixty three billion dollars in government programs in the budget blueprint. You know how the president the White House puts out their budget proposal, which is odd considering the fact that Congress as the power of the purst blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But it's been going on for years and years.
Speaker 1: But Trump's proposal, for what it's worth, and this will change a lot cut one hundred and sixty three billion dollars targeting environmental, energy, education, and foreign A programs. The skinny budget aims to cut what the Trump administration considers wasteful programs, encourage state control as opposed to federal control amen, and reduce clean energy funding. Proposal also cuts the EPA's Environmental Justice Initiatives, which is just woke DEI stuff closing USA. It has been discussed cutting NIH and NSF funding and also cutting the funding to PBS and NPR as we've discussed.
Speaker 2: So yes, like a lot of that. Finally, will that actually happen?
Speaker 1: Do you think m do?
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if it'll be total. I don't know why it hasn't happened in the past.
Speaker 4: I've heard, you know, Republicans always talk about cutting funding day NPR, PBS, but they never do it.
Speaker 2: Why Who are you afraid of?
Speaker 1: The maybe the upper krusty voters, moderates and Republicans who really like NPR.
Speaker 2: For instance, I listen to MPR every day.
Speaker 4: There's some of their stuff is great, but I want their funding freaking cut yesterday.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous.
Speaker 4: They get a dollar a taxpayer money to spew completely progressive bs on so many topics.
Speaker 1: In his order, Trump said, and I quote, neither entity presents a fair, accurate, or unbiased portrayal of current events to tax paying citizens.
Speaker 2: Not even close your lips to God's ears. I don't know if it was.
Speaker 4: I mean, was it in the seventies and the eighties before I started paying attention.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But in my adult life it's been not just left leaning like the CBS Evening News.
Speaker 2: Was for so long or whatever.
Speaker 4: I mean, just out and out like the most progressive stuff in America. If I flip it on after work, which I do almost every single day, they're always talking about some trans illegal who got contained by ice or something. Nothing, anybody for stealing insulin off the shelves. Anybody in like eighty five percent of America cares about, right exactly.
Speaker 1: I think the there we need to come up with a code for what I'm about to say. Maybe it's the mar effect. When NPR was a left the organization in nineteen eighty nine, they were slightly left of Republican organizations in the way that most of America is squarely in the middle, maybe a little right or a little left. Now in pr is lined with the furthest left faction of leftism, which is swung Chaye Guevera would say they're too radical.
Speaker 2: So that's it. Michael, did you have a comment you were gonna make?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I grew up on PBS Sesame Street, mister Rogers Electric Company, and it was nothing like PBS today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's absolutely true.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't leave PBSPBS left us, So I like it. How about this one President Trump is going to He says he's going to rename Veterans Day is Victory Day for World War One and designate May eighth as Victory Day for World War Two.
Speaker 2: No, no, he's posted. No I don't either. He posted on Truth's social late yesterday quote, we won both wars.
Speaker 1: Nobody was close to us in terms of strength, bravery, or mill terry brilliants, but we never celebrate anything. That's because we don't have leaders anymore. We are going to start celebrating our victories again. I think he's seeing what Putin's doing with their big week. They do this week around World War two and they.
Speaker 4: Have parades and drive their military stuff through the streets.
Speaker 2: He probably likes the idea of that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm uncomfortable with this. A bit more information then i'll comment. But May eighth and forty five was the day on which fighting against Germany officially ended in WW two, although the conflict continued to rage for four months in the Pacific, claiming hundreds of thousands more lives, including American lives. Not one hundreds of thousands of American lives, but quite a few. Many US allies celebrate May eighth this V day, marking Germany's unconditional surrendered to the Allies in World War Two. There was no executive order accompanying the announcement, and Trump didn't say whether he planned to make May eight day federal holiday. You know, very uncomfortable with this, because I'm all for, you know, celebrating our victories. You know, good lord, how long ago was that?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Eighty years ago and one hundred and seven years ago, or whatever date you want to use. But all military veterans deserve the recognition of Veterans Day.
Speaker 4: Sure, Oh, I think we got it right. I think we handled it absolutely correctly.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, after the wardend all wars, World War one, we had Armistice Day to celebrate the end of it. We had another ward end all Wars, and then several other terrible, bloody conflicts, and it was decided, hey, you're not going to single out the brave men and women of these conflicts. So I hope you backtracks on this. It's just silly moving along. Trump invests in Ukraine's future the mineral deal. I'm not sure we have time to actually get into this, because there's a fair amount to it. Under the the US gets first choice to either acquire these large supplies of uranium, natural gas, lithium, and other rare earth minerals valued at some one trillion dollars, although about a third of them are in territory currently occupied by Russia. But we get first choice to either require those resources for ourselves or designate the purchaser of our choice. For the first decade, the fund's profits will be reinvested in Ukraine to rebuild. After that, both countries get a share of the return, according to the Ukraine's Ministry of the Economy. Here's the other detail that I found really interesting. Ukraine US will have equal representation on the board that makes decisions on how to allocate the fund's resources. Ukraine will pay into the fund half of the revenue it earns from royalties, license fees, and similar payments for new oil, gas, and critical mineral projects. The text of the deal says if the US delivers new military assistance to Ukraine, it will get credit for a capital contribution to the fund. In other words, you can even you can either have the ammunition and air defenses that they're running low on now, or you know, you come to a piece agreement and it'll be rebuilding funds up to you.
Speaker 4: Well, I took in a lot on this yesterday. The biggest thing for a lot of people was the fact that the agreement uses the term after Russia invaded Ukraine, when Trump had been saying quite for quite some time. He just referred to it to those the Russian Ukrainian conflict remember, and as various times suggested that Ukraine started, the fact that the paperwork actually says Russia invaded Ukraine is seen as a pretty big deal.
Speaker 2: Maybe it is, Maybe it is, I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So the deal's real significance is although there's no specific security guarantees, that signals the US is not abandoning Ukraine. White House said the partnership sends a strong message to Russia. Well, the United States has skin in the game, et cetera. The Kremlin seems to uh.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: The Vladimir Putin Factotem Dimitri Midyetyev said, Trump wore down the Kiev regime and he mocked a deal with what he said would soon be a disappearing country.
Speaker 4: So people wonder what the chatty in the vattie was really about when Zelenski and Trump got together there at the Vatican.
Speaker 2: Please call it that again under any circumstances.
Speaker 4: And if maybe Trump said, you know, away from cameras, look, we're we're invested in this thing that we're invested, So Russia is not going to be able to do this or that if we got trucks and personnel and money at stake.
Speaker 2: All right, so that's your guarantee.
Speaker 4: Maybe, Or I've heard people who are like Trump less say what if Putin, you know, takes more ground and says I'll give you seventy five percent. You're gonna get fifty percent. Now you get seventy five percent if you let us keepe the land. Yeah, do you just call it Russia. Yeah, more on the way, stay here.
Speaker 7: He Yet, according to the New York Post, Bill Belichick's twenty four year old girlfriend's mother manages a sex shop in Massachusetts. This checks out since her daughter as Bill's nuts and advice.
Speaker 1: Wow, wow, Wade, you got it. That was awfully frank.
Speaker 2: Is that a joke?
Speaker 1: Yes, it could have been run by the co hosts before we heared that one. Yeah, I would agree that that is. That is into the territory of we should have heard.
Speaker 2: That ahead of time. But yes, we apologize friends, if you're an interesting piece of information though.
Speaker 4: So, first of all, I love the fact that the Bill Belichick fifty year younger, hotting young girlfriend a girlfriend's story has blown up and become a national obsession.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 4: We need more of that in America, not less. We need stuff that's not Trump or polarized politics or whatever. We need more of this stuff. Just a good old soap opera about a couple of people.
Speaker 1: You and your progress, a neighbor can come together and say, fifty years, holy cats, well.
Speaker 4: What's going on here? So that's pretty interesting. So his hotty girlfriend's mom runs a sex shop. Okay, that's not everybody's lifestyle probably means something about our relationship to It's an sternal aid retailer. Huh okay, And so the story. You probably know this, and if you don't, you don't care. But they did an interview on CBS last Sunday morning. CBS aired the part that didn't make the cut or wasn't supposed to make the cut, where she kept.
Speaker 2: Jumping up and stopping questions.
Speaker 4: She's twenty four years old and they're asking maybe the most successful football coach in history, rich very successful guy fifty years older, questions, and he can't answer on his own.
Speaker 2: She's got to jump up and defend him or something that was weird.
Speaker 4: So two days ago, Charles Barkley, the analyst and Hall of Fame basketball players, said on an interview, I'm starting to get real worried about my friend Bill Belichick, and I guess they're really really good friends, going way back for many, many years. He said, from what I'm hearing, it's starting to be a very slippery slope. And I never talk about people's personal relationships. That's funny because now he's about to. That's another rule I got. But I will admit i'm a little concerned with some of the stuff that's going on. I might actually reach out to him to make sure everything's good, but I'm concerned from what I'm hearing, it's not a good look right now.
Speaker 2: I'll admit that what is he hearing from people? He said that, Wow, what is.
Speaker 4: He hearing from people who personally know Bill Belichick? That's got him actually worried for his friend.
Speaker 1: The odd thing, if you're not a sports fan, is that mister Belichick is known for being utterly self possessed, stubborn, smart, tough to the point of being mean. The last guy on earth anybody's ever walked over.
Speaker 4: The fact that Barkley's actually word So is he losing is he loosing it?
Speaker 2: Or I wonder what he's concerned about. I don't know. I love this story. It's got to continue. More legs. We need more drips and drips on that story.
Speaker 1: Hey, good news, everybody, Cocaine's back and how we'll explain in a moment.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: If you're asking what do people make of the last month? All all things in what you're seeing is sort of certainly there was a lot of volatility and disruption initially, but things have really calmed down since then.
Speaker 4: So there's an economist they had on CNN yesterday on Jake Tapper's show.
Speaker 2: I have heard a number of.
Speaker 4: People who aren't in the business of getting on certain kinds of shows who have been a lot calmer about this whole thing. Then I'm hearing, you know, from people who have partisan interest or just trying to get on certain kinds of shows. That's the hardest thing with media. There should be a special channel for Hey, I'm not trying to get on a show. I'm not trying to become a household name. I'm not trying to push a book. Here's what I actually think.
Speaker 2: I'm not trying to get hired by any administration. Now we're in the future, right.
Speaker 4: Here's a little more also from CNN on where we are with the tariff thing.
Speaker 5: Any cargo that was loaded from China on April ninth and onwards, it's going to be carrying that higher tariff of one hundred and forty five percent. Not only will the prices be higher on those cargo ships, but there will be fewer ships at sea carrying less volume because for many importers it is simply too expensive to do business with China.
Speaker 4: I still think it's possible this turns out to be like one of the biggest disasters in history, Like people are talking about this hundreds of years from now sort of disaster.
Speaker 2: Again, as I've said.
Speaker 4: I hope I'm wrong. I'll be happy to be wrong. Love being wrong. I'd rather be wrong than right in this case by a thousand times. Right, So, in what sense would it be a disaster politically, economically or you think in short term or long term? I'm picturing him, I'm picturing its starting to have the results that the critics say are possible, inflation, shortages on shelves, all that sort of stuff, and him sticking with it with the belief that, hey, we got it. We got to live through this pain. It's you know, it's built in.
Speaker 2: Be patient for a long time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So, politically just insanely damaging and then economically quite damaging.
Speaker 2: Right right, you know it's funny, go ahead.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna say, economically, I think we could we could bounce back eventually. You know, sure if Congress steps in, the court, step in and say you don't have the power to do this, Congress steps in and passes some laws. Whatever, we end the high tariffs, we get back to normal, things will sort out over top. Politically, though, I think it'll be talked about two hundred years from now.
Speaker 2: I hope not. It could be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Trump could relent himself too, decided it's not working out.
Speaker 2: We got some deals. We're better off than we were before. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So yesterday I mentioned that according to analysts who know what they're talking about, the Chinese are already suffering millions jobs at stake, plants shut down, orders canceled, and the pain is beginning to spread in China. Therefore, they are much more vulnerable to a trade war than we are. The awesome trade surplus side always more vulnerable than the trade deficit side in a trade war. But then it was pointed out I came across another learned piece today that pointed out, well, jes In Ping can can inject an enormous jolt into his economy with you know, debt financed stimulus, and well, which is a bad long term strategy. We've been doing it for quite a while here. It's a bad long term strategy. Go to works in the short term.
Speaker 2: And oh that's right.
Speaker 1: He's a cruel, all controlling dictator with the most sophisticated surveillance and control state ever crafted on planet Earth. So it's not like the Chinese people are going to go to the polls and vote him out, whereas there could well be a blood bath forming up us politically speaking in the midterms.
Speaker 4: Joe Jenny promises a blood bath if Trump loses. That's right, That's exactly what I said.
Speaker 1: So you know who's got the upper hand, who's in the more comfortable seat to ride this out?
Speaker 2: It depends who you ask.
Speaker 4: Well, let's ask jd Vance or at least Brett Baird it on Fox last.
Speaker 2: Night, and he'll tell us what's going to happen. People are pointing to the tariff policy. There are people looking at their four to one k's that are worried. What do you tell them? Is this going to work?
Speaker 3: So the first thing is when you talk about the economy, this is Joe Biden's economy. And we inherited two trillion dollars of debt, the highest peace time deficits in American history, a one point two trillion dollar trade deficit, which fundamentally means we're not making enough of our own stuff. And the President came in and he said This is not.
Speaker 2: Always going to be easy.
Speaker 3: It would have been very easy for Donald Trump to do what administration's pass to done, which is borrow a lot of money and continue fueling the national debt. He said, No, we need a reset. We need American workers to have better jobs. We need to protect the jobs that they have right now, and we need to be more self reliant as an economy, which, by the way, will drive down those skyrocketing levels of debt that we've seen. That is what he promised he was going to do, and he came in and we've started that process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't.
Speaker 4: One thing you can't say about Trump is that he's just doing the politically expedient thing because he ain't.
Speaker 1: Right. Yeah, and a lot of folks are impressed at his courage to put the long term priorities over the law short term comfort. By the way, I'm scanning the horizon of the show, and I'm thinking maybe our four a discussion of because I've got some really interesting points on both sides, a discussion of what jd Vance just said, got a trade deficit, we need to make more of our stuff, and Trump, you know your kid's gonna have two dollars and not thirty and it's gonna cost a little more that when I you versus well, wait a minute, we have an incredibly high standard of living. Everybody's lives are good and happy, and we're prosperous. We have to work a week to afford a major appliance, whereas twenty five years ago we had to work for three months. Our standard of living is incredible. Do we want to mess with it? So we'll discuss that during our four. If you don't get our four, maybe you can grab it later via podcast. It's always available Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to subscribe to the podcast wherever you like to get podcasts.
Speaker 4: So you tease this idea that cocaine is making a comeback. You said it with a very cheerful voice too, like you're excited about this.
Speaker 2: I don't know what's going on there. I was let me wipe under my nose a little bit.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I was being ironic or trying to be anyway as a musician in the eighties, I will tell you what. There was a lot of cocaine about and and and if you want to pick one drug that turns everybody into pardon me, but an a hole man, it's cocaine. Oh really, it makes you into overly aggressive, babbling, selfish.
Speaker 2: Just cokehead.
Speaker 1: Then what makes it so popular Because it makes you feel like you're the king of the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love to feel like the king of the world. Get from and.
Speaker 1: God, oh my gosh, the number of like there you go coffee and God anyway, and and so my, hey, good news cocaine is back. Was was completely sarcastic. Interestingly enough, the resurgence of cocaine is the result of a couple of advances in science and and not advances, but changes in politics, specifically in Colombia. And this article in the Wall Street Journal is talking to Caesar Roseero, who's a farmer in Colombia, has got a ten acre spread coca bushes and neat rose grow as tall as six feet. He says, quote, We're totally thankful for this plant, Rosera and other local cocoa farmers. Coca farmers brag their plants are pest resistant and yield more of the psychoactic alkaloid compound that keeps the world's twenty million or so cocaine users coming back for more. A standard twenty five pound bag of dried coca leaves can produce twenty five grams of the alkaloid.
Speaker 2: It used to be eighteen grams in the past.
Speaker 1: So the coca plants are much more potent, pest resistant.
Speaker 2: They're growing better.
Speaker 1: They've figured out how to fertilize them and irrigate them in a way that's much much more efficient. And cocaine supplies at a historic peak worldwide, according to US in you and anti drug officials. The UN last fall estimated Columbia's annual cocaine yield.
Speaker 2: It was three thousand tons.
Speaker 1: Now that's cocaine, not coca cocaine, which is about eight times what it was in twenty twelve, when interdiction efforts were at their peak, as the US and other countries were working with Colombia to try to cut down the scourge of cocaine and crack cocaine and the rest of it.
Speaker 2: That all started around the year two thousand.
Speaker 1: One of the big programs they sprayed chemicals from aircraft to kill coca crops, an aggressive agrarian campaign that Columbia ended in twenty fifteen. Supply has since grown so large that the price of coca leaf has been at record lows because they're so efficient. Despite the record supply, retail prices for a kilo of cocaine have reached highs oddly enough, probably because of the risk you take in distributing it, but anyway, particularly in far flung corners of the world, including Hong Kong.
Speaker 2: And Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 1: I would not want to get caught selling a kilo of cocaine in Saudi Arabia. I don't know what they cut off. It's probably several of my favorite parts, and or they just hang you.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: So that's just human beings desire to alter their consciousness in ways that range from somewhat unwise to extremely unwise.
Speaker 2: Just seems to have no end.
Speaker 1: So coming up a gender bending madness update. Also a major economic change not many people are talking about that have to do with the tariffs, and a great think piece on sanctuary cities and the people who push them and what nut jobs they are. They're acting like they're part of the underground Railroad rescuing a fugitive slaves, but they're not at all.
Speaker 2: They're just dopey.
Speaker 8: Stay with us, we can as the one hundred and fifty first Kentucky Derby.
Speaker 2: It is a big event.
Speaker 8: So I just wanted to take a quick moment to shout out all the companies that are sponsoring the derby.
Speaker 2: For instance, there's baby.
Speaker 8: Gap, Jockey's got a shop somewhere. Next up, Listenerine make the perfect minjulipin one easy step.
Speaker 2: Up next Subway.
Speaker 8: Saturday's loser is Sunday's tuna sub Oh what, here's another one.
Speaker 2: Uber.
Speaker 8: If you want to bumpy ride it smells like a barn. Why not try Uber? All right, that one's pretty good.
Speaker 1: But suggesting that subways tuna sandwiches are horse mate, that is right out of line. By the way, we were talking about the resurgence of cocaine and how Columbia is cranking it out like crazy and the profits the drug cartels are making ariostounding I left out of the discussion. I apologize. Picture what a drug smuggler is. Specifically, they're smuggling some drugs over the water in the ocean, right from Colombia to wherever it's going. What are you picktureing? Okay, now try to picture in this. In October, the US Coast Guard found five tons of cocaine ten thousand pounds. Stuff is stowed in a ninety foot long submersible vessel. It looks like like a really low, low, low profile boat, kind of like a submarine. It mostly skims along surface because that's a lot more easy to pull off. It's a lot easier to pull off engineering wise, but it is. It can dip below the surface to hide if it needs to. But again, a ninety foot long submersible vessel skimming the ocean on a nine thousand mile voyage from Colombia to Australia. Authority said the load was worth hundreds of millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: That is some technology. The profits are that great, and their supply is that great. If they lose a shipment, they just don't care. Anyway, a complete change topic. People will occasionally ask or write letters or seek guidance and say, guys, I'm concerned about all this stuff, but I can't do everything at once. I'm not a congressman or not a senator or whatever. I'm looking to get active in perhaps one realm of politics, one cause, one issue, and you know, certainly getting sane district attorneys or accounty attorneys or whatever elected. We've found out is a big thing. As George Soros and company have elected or goten elected as many Marxists as they can, or turning criminals loose and twisting our society in the name of DEI woke garbage. So that's that would be a good one. Become more aware of who's running for you know, the prosecutor in your area. And But the other one that I'm really really enthusiastic about, because this is the source of so much of the rot that's affecting America, is education issues, whether it's local school boards issues in your state, presuming you have a state where that sort of thing is in play and you're not in a one party state. But school choice programs might be an excellent choice. I'm looking at this report on Ohio's school choice programs and it's looking really good. A study released earlier this week by researchers at the Urban Institute found that students who used vouchers to attend private school saw substantially improved long term academic outcomes, which is what it's all about. Oh, these monster conservatives want to defund public schools and balance the budget on the back.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, we want the kids to learn.
Speaker 1: They're not learning in the terrible, terrible government schools, especially poorer kids who the left fault false claims to be standing up for all the time. How about the outcomes you're getting for those people. Huh, my Democratic friends, they're awful anyway. Ohio's Educational Choice Scholarship program began in two thousand and five as a state funded voucher program for students in lousy public schools. In twenty thirteen twenty fourteen, it began to serve low income students regardless of school. So before you had to be in like an identified crappy school. Now it's just low income folks. Since twenty twenty twenty three twenty twenty four, it's been open to all students. Although more affluent Ohio families don't get the full scholarships, they get a share of it. So a handful of researchers studied more than six thousand Ohio students who use the ed Choice scholarships to attend private schools between twenty eight and twenty fourteen. They compared this group with more than five hundred thousand students who remained in public schools, selecting for similar demographics and academic characteristics. Scholarship recipients were found to be fifteen percentage points more likely to attend college than public school counterparts, and nine points more likely to graduate. Students in the program for at least four years, and that was about sixty percent of them had even higher college enrollment and graduation rates, Meaning the sooner the kids got into these programs, the greater effect it had. Now, you know, I'd love to hear that it was, you know, forty percent more likely to attend college, assuming that they wanted to and we're cut out for college, and twenty five points more likely to graduate. But those are significant gains in a pretty damn short time for real human beings. And that's what the teachers' unions always try to make you forget, is that as we generate, as we graduate, generation after generation of kids who can't read, they can't do math properly, they are very very poorly suited for the workplace. They're doomed in a lot of cases to a really, really difficult life.
Speaker 2: I don't need to go into detail. You can picture for yourself what a difficult life means.
Speaker 1: But if we can elevate you know, fifteen to twenty to twenty five percent of kids just through this voucher program the ed choice program. Man, we need to get this going as soon as we can. The starfish on the beach, you can't save them all, Well, I just save that one. How about if it's one hundred thousand kids in your state you save from ignorance and poverty, crime, discouragement because they were turned out of public schools without an education. That's an awful betrayal, by the way, never mind policy, just on a moral level. That is an unforgivable betrayal of these beautiful little children and their parents who counted on the government to deliver what they said they want an education, and they're not. Anyway, if you wanted to back one particular thing, you want to become an activist on one thing in your state, your your county, or your country, school choice would be a heck of a good choice anyway. Jewish ce Fit got a big hour coming up. Next hour, Gender Bending Madness Update.
Speaker 2: Stay tuned, Armstrong and Getty