Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: This is NFL Game Previews, and I'm game preview guy here with in depth primers on every single game that's going to be played this week. LA Chargers are at home after a week off. They welcome the Dallas Cowboys to town, along with all their fans who may be feeling a little like Randy Marsh after last week.
Speaker 3: Turns up with inflecting sept Oh.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. I thought this was America's team. I'm sorry, this is an America's team apparently not. Guess, beating the Giants, Jets, and Patriots isn't something to brag about, especially when you drop one to Arizona in between there. Beating the Chargers on the road, though, could garner some pred especially if it came after taking a beat down to San Francisco that looked worse than the ones Randy took in the stands of all those games.
Speaker 3: Trying to make something feeling real sector signs.
Speaker 2: I might need to schedule a couple sessions with doctor Jennifer Melfi this week to help Dallas forget the memories of Week five. They have to because trying to stop Justin Herbert and company won't be a walk in the park. Herbert's first four games seven touchdowns, just one pick, over two hundred and seventy five yards per game passing a rating over one oh five.
Speaker 4: Wide open Enzo Tau touchdown chargers.
Speaker 2: And An Allen over one hundred yards per game. Had a few monsters. He usually gets the most looks from Herbert for obvious reasons.
Speaker 3: To the Enzode taw touchdown. The captain Keenan Allen.
Speaker 2: With Mike Williams out Josh Palmer will get more targets forty yards per game so far, they would love to see rookie wide receiver Quenton Johnston's step up. He's been quiet so far. Cowboys secondary has good numbers versus wide receivers. They have good numbers versus quarterbacks. Their numbers aren't the problem right now.
Speaker 3: It grows back to that have to intercept it.
Speaker 5: Doron Bland call the house, Hello house, House, It's made Doron.
Speaker 3: Hello House.
Speaker 2: Dallas's defense had good numbers against the pass prior to last week's game two. Just back to who did they put them up against against brock Purty. They looked like one of the easiest teams to pass on. Gave up over two hundred and fifty yards, four touchdowns, no picks, a rating allowed over one forty in the middle to.
Speaker 6: The Simeon Stego Samuel He's off and running out of twenty.
Speaker 2: Dallas's pass rush, which is supposed to be a game altering pass rush, only had one sack for two yards versus San Francisco forty nine ers. Oh line was too much man.
Speaker 7: For cos first great touchdown game on his NFL career.
Speaker 2: Rip Sarah Lynn. Herbert has faced pressure thirty three percent of the time, not terrible relative to this season. Nine sacks taken over two per game. That is a little high. Cowboys defenders would also have to worry about Austin Eckler as a receiver. He's a big time Ferbert target when healthy.
Speaker 3: Oh sniparm and down there while I was running.
Speaker 2: If he returns, he clearly would revitalize their run game two or what recharge it it lacked electricity since he got hurt. Running the ball is usually the second option for LA's offense. Ironic, Dallas was the first team to contain CMC on the ground last week, held him to two point seven yards per carrying.
Speaker 3: Up the middle, push to the cafury, shoulder down to the bull, come out. Dallas says, they have the ball.
Speaker 2: Gave up six point nine yards per carry to Jordan Mason, now sixty nine yards in a TD. Gave up one hundred and seventy rush yards to the forty nine ers overall pushing.
Speaker 6: Himself, pushing himself to the inside.
Speaker 3: Jordan Mason, touchdown seven.
Speaker 2: Friend Cisco Cowboys O face. Not a pretty sight right now. Nothing went right versus San Francisco's defense. Lucky for Dallas LA's defense not in the same ballpark.
Speaker 6: Now putting a slant or books comes up. Put the inter sets here the third intersets of the night.
Speaker 2: Prescott was picked three times by the Niners, low fifties rate. Now he tries to ride himself against a Chargers defense that's allowed a ninety eight point five rating to QBS over eight yards per day. Tempt seven is average, so that eight point four is not good.
Speaker 3: It's back to pass, pull it over the middle of ct JJ. He's on the run and he is gone.
Speaker 2: And when it comes to ceedee Lamb Michael gallup La has given up a one thirteen point eight rating to wide receivers. Michael Davis is very much the Waldo. Dak may look for four touchdowns allowed or rating allowed over one forty throws.
Speaker 3: Caught Tyrek Hill touchdown.
Speaker 2: Question is will Dak have time? He got sacked three times last week and now here comes the Joey Bosa Khalil Mack show. Chargers have a nice four sack per game average slid out Joey Bosa coming from one side three sacks so far for him. Defensive tackle Morgan Fox has three and Khalil Mack has six. He took Rodney Farva down six times in one game block March.
Speaker 3: He fumbled again. He fumbled again.
Speaker 2: Let me take an apple pie and give me a leader of Pola. And finally, when it comes to the run game, Tony Pollard only eight carries versus the forty nine Ers just three point six per run. Chargers run defense versus running backs four point two yards per carry. All out, this is a good game despite Dallas' Week five showing. Game means a lot to both teams.
Speaker 3: Three and what top Barti Bizard, We've got a lot of work to do. Ready to go work, Let's get it.
Speaker 2: This turned into a nice little gem, didn't it that three and one Tampa Bay Buccaneers nice and rested taking on the four and one Detroit Lions. Don't want to say roaring in, don't want to offend any anti roaring Lions, So barreling in with much fury.
Speaker 4: Dosing outside tack down the subline. Gospotcobery, He's gonna go out fur Larns touched up.
Speaker 2: This isn't a isn't that cute situation anymore? Lions offense didn't have its top receiver half its backfield, no matter Jared Goff rating over one thirty three touchdowns, no picks versus Carolina back.
Speaker 4: To Jared wide open. He's got to touch it to the age zone. That that's all Labs touchdown a little trickery.
Speaker 2: Golf sitting at nine tds now three I in T's rating over one hundred for the season. Rookie tight end Sam Laporta has been a factor every week in a significant way. Two touchdowns Week five and.
Speaker 3: Touchdown. Sam Laporta from Tiragon.
Speaker 2: On Monross Saint Brown is gof's top target. He was hurt last week. They hoped to get him back he would join the likes of Khalif Raymond, who hauled in forty five yards versus the Panthers Josh Reynolds, who scored and had seventy six yards.
Speaker 4: End zone is the catch in Bountin is Josh Reynolds with the Lads touchdown.
Speaker 2: That group up against the Tampa Bay secondary that's played QB's tough Carlton Davis, Zion McCollum. This Zion actually plays Christian Izzion. All holding qbs to a sub eighty rating. Don't carry big names, but played well over their first four held wide receivers to a sub eighty rate, third and eight to the.
Speaker 4: Sideline looking up, want to play by Davis.
Speaker 2: The Buccaneers have held quarterbacks to a seventy five point one rating overall. It's an overlooked aspect to their early season success, and it's tied to a pass rush that has a three sack per game average. Vita Vea the leader with three and a half from the inside dudes a monster.
Speaker 4: Vitavea forced the fumble and the Bucks have another takeaway.
Speaker 2: Bucks love the ballroom. Blitz Gough should expect heat. They've sent an extra guy over forty percent of the time.
Speaker 4: The blitz is on car has a moment here to get to a sacked a twin winfield from his safety spot.
Speaker 2: Gough has taken less than two sacks a game, but he has struggled versus five plus pass rushers sub ninety eight two touchdowns against two picks, and.
Speaker 4: The pressure on the blitzrop CJ. Henderson gets the sack.
Speaker 2: The Lions also steamrolled Carolina without running back Jamiir Gibbs didn't stop David Montgomery from bob rossing it again. Puffy little td here over one hundred yards, four games played, six scores, So Dimo.
Speaker 3: Has been an excellent addition for US.
Speaker 8: I mean he fits us. He fits us like a glove.
Speaker 2: Gibson Montgomery could swing things this week. Tampa's blind spot on d so far run defense weird right with Veil Levonte David Devin White, but they gave up four point nine yards per carry to running backs at the quarter mark.
Speaker 4: Shakes off an ankle tackle and he's going to fight to get a first out of the thirty two.
Speaker 2: For all the buzz surrounding goth and Detroit's offense, you can make the case there should be just as much around Tampa's Baker Mayfield. It's progressive online.
Speaker 9: Two.
Speaker 2: Maybe we call it Baker's ship and you can fire the cannons at your neighbor Derek Jeter or something.
Speaker 4: Mayfield floating it for Palmer, the rookie Trey Palmer hauls it in for a buccaneer touchdown.
Speaker 2: Yon's secondary gets Baker looking his best, Completed close to seventy percent of his passes so far, seven touchdowns, just two picks, raiding over one hundred.
Speaker 4: Baker Mayfield down the middle. Godwin has it across midfield. Chris Godwin, big play Bakers see on the field so well.
Speaker 2: Baker has the Bucks in the top ten at converting third downs. He's like, bro, what was Pop's problem? This is easy, especially when you can just chuck it up to Mike Evans a hair under eighty five yards per game, five receptions per game, three scores, Oh.
Speaker 10: What a catch by epics, and he stays up for a couple extra yards one handed grab.
Speaker 2: Have to track his status this week. He hurt his hammy in their last game, hoping he could heal with the bye week. Mayfield relying on him and Chris Godwin over sixty yards per game for him they sprinkle in other guys, but it's still very much in Evans Godwin join.
Speaker 4: What a catch Godwin coming back to it for a first down against Isaac.
Speaker 2: Gade Lions defense. It allowed over one hundred yards and a touchdown to Adam Thielen. Last week gave up a touchdown to wide receiver DJ Chark too.
Speaker 4: God first down edze touchdown DJ Shark.
Speaker 2: However, the Lions have held quarterbacks and wide receivers specifically to a sub ninety right for the season.
Speaker 3: Roll is accepted.
Speaker 4: Ticking away the four of the Aard line by Jerry Jacobs, his third pick of the season.
Speaker 2: Some defenses are built from back to front, not Detroit's. Baker and his line have work to do if they don't want Aiden Hutchinson setting up shop in Baker's house. Another sack for him. Week five, has a sack in three straight.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's so impressive to watch what he does.
Speaker 10: Watch this move he's gonna work against Dean Thomas.
Speaker 3: Watch this interception.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he had a pick too Mayfield. He's only been sacked four times pressure right faced average relative to this season, so in the thirty five percent area, Baker's been quite the escape artist.
Speaker 3: So far he's gonna try and run, so the first down and he's gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Bucks run game hasn't factored in much this season. Rashad White three point three yards per carry. This is one of the best games of Week six. The winner will have talking heads talking about them all week. Which teams are going to be? Seattle Seahawks on the road for Week six off to save Cincinnati, where they will take on a Bengals squad that finally looks like it found its old self.
Speaker 4: Burrow pressure cups Back's the other way and hitto the end song for the touchdown Jamar Chase his first touchdown of the season.
Speaker 2: There's Joe Burrow was starting to wonder when he was going to show up to the party. Good timing because it makes this matchup a lot juicier. Burrow threw for over three hundred and ten yards week five, rating near one hundred and three tds against one pick.
Speaker 4: Second to thirteen at the twenty six Burrow to the air finds Jamar Chase and Chase has the first down.
Speaker 2: Joe Cool two point zero said his calf felt better and it looked like it too. Made it easier to have a receiver who's always open too, right, I'm always open.
Speaker 11: Let's give him up a fane.
Speaker 2: I'm going to have to start calling Jamar Chase Vanilla Ice because you know, if the Bengals offense has a problem, yo, he'll solve it.
Speaker 3: And there goes Jamar Chase, just flying right in front of his face. You can't run with him, You're stuck in mud, and there he goes right by you.
Speaker 2: Bengals have two wins, and each one. Chase had one hundred and four yards plus last week one hundred and ninety two and a TD hat trick.
Speaker 3: Buro Blush to the right look into the back.
Speaker 9: Of the end zonees Chase again his third touchdown catch of the day, and he sets a new Cincinnati single game record with his fourteenth catch.
Speaker 2: Ice Ice Baby. Indeed, Cincinnati's wide receiver Trio was missing a bandmate last week. No t Higgins, no worries. The three Stooges were still good. After a lineup change, Trenton Irwin stepped in and gave him sixty yards on eight catches.
Speaker 3: Getting it going again with Trenton Irwin. They might be on our pizza pizza.
Speaker 2: Tyler Boyd shipped in thirty nine versus Arizona, there is a butt. Arizona's pass defense is one of the worst and most generous to wide receivers, but there's another butt. Seattle secondary hasn't fared great versus wide receivers either. They've allowed a one oh two point five rate to that position.
Speaker 3: Doby lays it out there, Why how could his chart makes a movie? Gonna stood and Chark's gonna take.
Speaker 2: It in touchdown cornerback Michael Jackson rating aloud over one hundred. Safety Julian Love has given up a plus one thirty rate. Okay, but let's add another butt. Then it's starting to feel like a Sir mix a lot party in here. But Seattle feels like they've been without some guys. Reek Woolen, returned week four, has held qbs to a sub ninety Rae.
Speaker 10: Jong's throws and narrowly intercepted by Rike Woollen.
Speaker 2: Have to wait and see on safety Jamal Adams. He left week four with a concussion. But the point is they feel like their secondary is better than some of their current stats and it's intercepted.
Speaker 3: There's Ray Brown open to the as good at store.
Speaker 2: Seattle's pass rush I mean, five sacks the first three games, and then the floodgates opened up.
Speaker 3: What's off the.
Speaker 10: Edge now, Sue couldn't get there and the balls out picked up by Brooks Seattle's ball.
Speaker 2: Look, Hawks probably have a better chance of buying ice cream from Big Worm than they do of sacking a QB eleven times again, but it happened Week four.
Speaker 3: There's Wanner and another sack and just no chance.
Speaker 2: And Burrow has taken three sacks in each of their last three games. Joe also needs to remember the old adage a spoonful of sugar can make the QB's rating go down, just.
Speaker 12: Able to get rid of it. Forced out of bounds by Devin Witherspoon. It's like a shark that just smells blood in the water. I mean, this guy is incredible.
Speaker 2: How many twelves stop to preview a minute ago?
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: It's one thing not to mention as eleven tackle game versus Carolina, but you're not gonna skip past his masterpiece versus New York.
Speaker 3: This what's picked the other way, Witherspoon. Devin Witherspoon cuts.
Speaker 5: Back, What a knight for the rookie?
Speaker 3: Do you think they love him?
Speaker 10: In Seattle. How about six points touchdown? Witherspoon, what's the stars.
Speaker 3: Riding a no doubt?
Speaker 2: Okay? So the Hawks have this kid, cornerback Devin Witherspoon. He took his first pick to the house week four. He can sack the quarterback two and you tell me twelves you guys love him, But do you love him as much as Troy Aman?
Speaker 12: No, this guy, he is going to be an absolute superstar. And he reminds me of another guy that I know who wore number twenty one. That would be Dion Sanders.
Speaker 2: It would be pure gold Jerry to see him travel with Chase and Spoon can travel. Okay. Joe Mixon eighty one yards last week, ground out on twenty five, carries fifty five plus yards in every game. Now for him mix it first.
Speaker 3: Down in the Titans, Terantzoris, he goes summersaulting.
Speaker 2: The Hawks have made it very tough on running backs in their first four games. I guess that new guy, Bobby Wagner, He's gonna stick fifty tackles in four games. Seattle's held running backs to two point six a run.
Speaker 3: He is contained rather well that time. Bobby Wagner the longtime Seahawks. It just feels right.
Speaker 10: Fifty four should be in a Seattle Seahawks uniform.
Speaker 2: On the other side of the coin. Bengals defense versus Kenneth Walker, Geno Lockett, DK and company. Seattle's offense has been pretty balanced so far. Passing numbers aren't huge, but Smith has been efficient, completing close to seventy percent of his passes a rating near one hundred.
Speaker 3: Scrambles away to his right side, looking at the en zone. Fires are tart in the back of the en zone, Dking does he haven't fit in it?
Speaker 2: At tout down, say Hawks Tyler Lockett leads the team in targets.
Speaker 3: Drop it off for Lockett.
Speaker 13: He's got a blocker, and Lockett lock on the tight rope down the sideline for a first out.
Speaker 2: Only thirty nine yards per game so far, though Metcalf the yard's leader, hitting at sixty seven per contest.
Speaker 3: Smith stands tall at pocket and looks it to Metcalf.
Speaker 2: Cincinnati secondary is handled passing games well, holding quarterbacks to a low eighties ray. After picking off Joshua Dobbs two times last week, we're.
Speaker 9: All recepted picked off by Cam Taylor, Brent and Cam Taylor Britt takes.
Speaker 2: It to the house Bengals DBS versus wide receivers of his head.
Speaker 12: Rams quickly back to work well tapped head intercepted.
Speaker 3: He wants stuff.
Speaker 6: Fuck get on the line and Logan Wilson, let's come up with his second peck tonight.
Speaker 2: What they've struggled with is tight ends rating allowed to that position over one twenty four touchdowns allowed. Seattle can exploit that tight end. Noah Fan is also a threat forty yards per game for him. In twenty twenty three.
Speaker 10: Pass caught by Fan to noahfense, the tight end has a first down.
Speaker 2: Part of Cincinnati success versus quarterbacks is tied to their propensity to send extra heat. They have the seventh highest Blitz rate Blitzer beware though geno versus five plus pass rushers rating over one ten three touchdowns and no picks.
Speaker 4: Pressure coming, Rams send extra floats it for retell long touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Seattle Hawk's rush game Walker is the lead man four point four yards per carry, five touchdowns, seventy point eight yards per game.
Speaker 10: There's Walker right through the defense. Tripped up inside the ten.
Speaker 2: Rookie Zach Sharvina can't be overlooked. Thirty plus yards back to back games, five plus yards per carry in each.
Speaker 10: He's sharbona over the right side. Charbonay, just cutting right through this Giant's defense.
Speaker 2: Those dudes could be a problem for the Bengals, being they have given up five yards per run to running back so far this season.
Speaker 4: Spins away contact, it has some room to roll breaks a tackle at the twenty five.
Speaker 2: Seattle is looking to keep up with the Joneses in the NFC West, the Bengals looking to join their Joneses in the AFC North. One of them will be Jonesing when it's over.
Speaker 8: The last time the Patriots trailed by thirty one points or more in back to back games was back in nineteen seventies.
Speaker 2: Playing something. We got to find a way to, you know, playing coach better than that than Themsel that's going to start all over, New England. Patriots heading to the strip this week, not feeling money in any way. What does that entail starting over? Starting over, and.
Speaker 3: The fans marched to the cars. Oh my god, he sums.
Speaker 8: Up the whole year.
Speaker 2: It feels like they're in debt at this point. Not the Raiders, though, same efforts.
Speaker 3: You guys. They played their ass off.
Speaker 2: This lot two and three has them in the mix in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 9: Shot down and the Raiders defense just failed the victory in Vegas and I saw as as DG.
Speaker 8: I just imagine Penny which on my hit around the ball was done.
Speaker 2: I pussing. I'm just snag Las Vegas. Week six. Win wasn't pretty, but a win is a win, right.
Speaker 11: For Really give our guys a lot of credit for hanging in there and just grinding it out.
Speaker 2: Their opponent this week would have taken it. New England has lost their last two games by a combined score of seventy two to three.
Speaker 3: That is the sixth pit I'm six thrown by Matt Jones in his career. You'll last long in the league doing that.
Speaker 2: Bill Belichick says they're going to start over.
Speaker 3: Where are you prioritize fixing the problems?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I just said, can start over again. But Bill, this isn't a This isn't like Madden. You can't just click a button and reset everyone's records to zero and zero.
Speaker 3: Is he still your quarterback going forward?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot of problems that certainly wasn't all the Raiders are taking on a team that's allowed twenty six point two points per game on defense in twenty twenty three. That's twenty fifth thirty to nothing.
Speaker 3: That's what you can really look at stuff on pill Let's say, okay, that's an effort player there. This is where you get beat. This is why you won't get reps next week. This is why you're demoted.
Speaker 2: Patriots offense needs to chat with a Choschki's manager. We need to talk about your points on offense.
Speaker 4: You know it's hard, right, we don't want to score zero points.
Speaker 2: It's not the goals eleven points per game, so more points then? Okay, well eleven is the minimum. Like no team has scored fewer points per game.
Speaker 3: It's last time we scored a touchdown second quarter at the middle leans week three.
Speaker 2: Now it's up to you if you want to do just the bare minimum, or like the Dolphins, for example, score thirty six a game. They have a terrific smile too with a play face.
Speaker 3: Isn't a pocket pressure to back starts the root of an inside the sack bulf pick up by Van Rocherolles.
Speaker 2: You can score, okay, so you want us to score more then and do better on third down. You're twenty eighth there. Need to run the ball better this week three point three yards per carry in twenty twenty three. We probably got to go a better job than then all the way across score just not doing the monk. Need to pass the ball better. QB rate of seventy two point one. That's thirty first.
Speaker 3: Chipped and then newly intercepted by Matthew Fancy. They've set enough to air their annoys.
Speaker 2: This level of futility has never been seen before in New England. With Bill Belichick at the controls, he now faces his former O C. It's not that New England is taking on an offensive juggernaut. Vegas is O face has lots of ground to make up as well.
Speaker 11: You did enough to get to Dove, but still is not looking the way we would like it to look.
Speaker 10: We gotta use this momentum mount to our fans, you know, try to get stack in these wins.
Speaker 2: Jimmy Garoppolo returned week five, but didn't light up the stat sheet. Only two hundred and eight yards sub ninety.
Speaker 5: Rate quick brows, top touchdown fires, touchdown raiders on a beauti control.
Speaker 2: Former Pat Jacobe Myers was the star for their offense versus Green Bay seventy five yards and a TD. Anytime he us a one on one, I mean, I'm expecting COVID winning five more targets than anyone else on the team.
Speaker 3: Look, get over the middle. He's can't sing, he's canting brug he's got ber sliding. At the forty two, he corrobed.
Speaker 2: The court first at Davante Adams lack of use was tied to his shoulder, still bothering him. It doesn't make an excuses to that final way to give me the vote. Only forty five yards on four catches, though a few did come on their game winning drive, all over the.
Speaker 10: Middle areas Davante first down in a game of twenty one.
Speaker 2: Raiders offensive attack clearly wide receiver driven right now, and it could do a little something against New England's secondary being they've allowed one hundred point two rating the wide receivers this season. Pretty beat up dB room they're working with.
Speaker 4: He drops back, he looks to throw, He fires back to the end zo touchdown New Orleans.
Speaker 3: He finds alvae under the goal.
Speaker 2: Hot Raiders ground game will get plenty of play. They're still waiting for twenty twenty two Josh Jacobs to show up.
Speaker 10: He handed Jacob's good move and JayR Alexander was frozen.
Speaker 2: Five weeks in Now hasn't had a game over four yards per carry, still had twenty attempts versus the Packers scored a touchdown sixty nine.
Speaker 3: Yards Jacob touchdown.
Speaker 2: Raiders for all of New England's issues, though rush defense isn't one of them. They've held running backs to three point six a carry.
Speaker 4: Take the hand off, run through the right side, the ball comes loose, sop all they got it at the.
Speaker 3: Seven yard loll.
Speaker 2: Raiders d that New England's offense is stacked up against Now hadn't looked good their first four games.
Speaker 3: I thought they stood up and fought all night long.
Speaker 5: I'm really proud of our defense, but.
Speaker 2: They come into this contest with some swagger and mat try right the hallway.
Speaker 4: He took the handoff and throl Molson and Crosby was on his back.
Speaker 2: How about no touchdowns allowed to Jordan Love three. I INT's held him to a low thirties rating.
Speaker 10: Love protected in the air and picked second force plane.
Speaker 3: Peters made the play in Splaine there to clean it up.
Speaker 2: They let Christian Watson get free for a seventy seven yarder, but aside from that, no other pass plays a twenty plus.
Speaker 3: Love packed off Splaine right to him.
Speaker 2: As detailed, Vegas' second Derry is in a position to keep it going unless New England's passing offense drinks like eighteen cases of red Bull before the game. They need some serious wings to get their offense off the ground.
Speaker 4: Throws a low ball deep down the right side for about Deay Parker nck down.
Speaker 3: By it for the fronting Paulson Adiva on an throw at the thirty five of New Orleans, gross Undercrow.
Speaker 11: I gotta look at the film.
Speaker 3: We get better and I gotta do a lot of things better to win this league.
Speaker 2: Getting off the ground with Max Crosby barreling in snap after snap won't be easy either, man. Yeah, let's go boy four TFLs versus Green Bay Bagged Love once. He's the guy every football fan should want to see in a playoff game at some point.
Speaker 3: He's not talk of the fat field, gay true Mutch, crock me Bucket.
Speaker 2: It's another master versus apprentice affairs.
Speaker 3: You're a good test with those guys.
Speaker 14: You know they're a good team.
Speaker 3: Coach very well. We know that.
Speaker 7: So no, we'll be ready for him, though it'll be He'll be a good atmosphere here next Sunday.
Speaker 2: Baltimore Ravens off to London this week to take on a king, not of England or of the Hill. Hank is in Texas somewhere, but the one from Tennessee that's not too far away. The Titans looking to get back to five hundred Baltimore hoping not to end up there. The Ravens are looking at it this way. Our d is healthier and good enough to give us a chance, no matter what.
Speaker 3: Got to pick it in the pocket, frozen incomplete.
Speaker 2: Ravens fans feel like if Tennessee's offense is Derrick Henry centric, Baltimore offers up Roquan Smith and a queen. Don't they hold more power than kings over there? Anyway? I don't know I've flunked history and or government, but Patrick and Roquan have helped Baltimore hold backs that three point eight yards per carry in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Thutterstep motion handoff with Paris stacked.
Speaker 8: Up for no game.
Speaker 2: Henry only has one game so far where he looked like royalty. It's been tough sledding for Derek three point three a carry last week, just forty three yards under three point four a run three of his last.
Speaker 3: Four games, fourth and one Henry.
Speaker 2: Why so, just in case the flock doesn't know. Rookie running back Taija Spears gets a few carries a game, always does something with at least one of them. Nineteen yard TV last week, over five yards per run in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Spears in open daylight, Spears inside of the five, and he's in touchdown.
Speaker 2: Ravens feel like they match up well against Ryan Tannehill and DeAndre Hopkins. They've held quarterbacks to a low seventies rate over five games.
Speaker 3: Picket looking and zone incomplete. Pickens got a hand on it.
Speaker 2: Baltimore secondary has also held wide receivers to a low seventies rate. Okay, they got Marlon Humphrey back last week, and he was the one that gave up the game winning TV with minutes to go.
Speaker 3: Blind up with Deppa, separation, toutsdown, George.
Speaker 2: Tickheads, and Hopkins was the lone bright spot for Tennessee's o face. Week five finally had a game that justified the bag one hundred and forty yards versus the Colts.
Speaker 4: Protected fires and they can't Hopkins.
Speaker 2: Tannehill, on the other hand, did not have a good outing versus Indianapolis sub eighty ratings, zero tds, one pick.
Speaker 3: Tannehill fires near side. It's pats.
Speaker 2: Tannehill's playing ping pong. So far in twenty twenty three odd weeks rate under seventy All Titans losses anna Hill.
Speaker 3: To the near side class that's fats.
Speaker 2: Are reception though even numbered weeks rate over ninety five Tennessee wins.
Speaker 3: Under pressure, good hands techs that time touchdown.
Speaker 2: Tannehill wasn't even sacked much last week, just once, which is like nothing for him. He's used to spending as much time horizontal as Deuce Bigelow.
Speaker 3: Tannahill protected. Now who they come, He's.
Speaker 2: Buried now he tries to elude a Raven's pass rush that's racked up eighteen qbs in five games, a pressure rate in the mid thirties without having a crazy high blitz rate. No one guy for Tannehill to focus on. Ten different guys have a sack or more this season for Baltimore.
Speaker 3: Ticket Hocket collapsing at is tossed down.
Speaker 2: Aside from that last TD, Baltimore was happy with its defensive showing last week, but it wasn't happy with its O face Lamar Jackson zero TD's a pick sub seventy eight last week under six point five yards per a town.
Speaker 3: He's trying to throw a babe, he threw it way short. If he's trying to throw back shoulder, he threw it inside.
Speaker 2: But check it out. According to PFF, Tennessee is facing the hottest QB in the league. They said Lamar was the best player in the NFL Week five, the best said he had one of the best passing games of his career. Actually, they tabbed his receivers with seven drops. Lamar and Tannehill share the odd week curse, so maybe the Brits we'll see an offensive explosion. Lamar's good games plus won ten rates both wins both even number weeks.
Speaker 3: Gapes to the right, still looking down field, lobbs it deep. It's out of fifteen. He's got a man, say Flowers makes the catch.
Speaker 2: Aside from the pick, Jackson also lost a fumble on one of the four sacks he took last week. We said it last week. They live with those, but it's a risk reward style and when the risk comes knocking, it's not fun.
Speaker 3: Jackson Paul is out sitting there scoop too for the Steelers.
Speaker 2: This is good news for Tennessee because they do have a front that could work with that pressure rate near forty. Haven't blitzed a lot to do it fifteen sacks and five games. Tennessee needs its secondary to feed off that heat. Haven't done that much this year. Given up a plus one hundred rate for the season. Gave up a plus one hundred rate to Anthony Richardson and Uncle Rico last week.
Speaker 3: Didn't you sing it in complete?
Speaker 2: Mo Ali Cucks Baltimore. Wide receivers A Flowers and tight end Mark Andrews should draw most of their secondary's attention. Andrews sixty five yards last week on ten targets.
Speaker 3: Jackson sets and fires on time to Andrews.
Speaker 2: Flowers eleven targets week five over seventy yards.
Speaker 7: Bought some open space against the defense, find the dead area and present his number right back to his quarterback.
Speaker 2: Based on resume, Flowers should make the most noise. Tennessee allowing a plus one ten rate to wide receivers specifically almost one hundred yards allowed to Josh Downs Week five.
Speaker 3: It puts a mare on there up the far side is taught Josh Jones.
Speaker 2: These two teams have put on some gems in the past few years. An underrated out a conference modern rivalry New York Jets back at home this week probably had Kendrick Lamar blasting on the plane ride home from Denver I one. Now, though they face a more daunting task figure out a way to beat the Philadelphia Eagles, not something anyone has been able to figure out just yet.
Speaker 4: Hurts firing hands on it is taught for the toughs out Dallas Tutter.
Speaker 2: This will be as good a test New York's defense will face. And they've already faced Patrick Mahomes and made him look very pedestrian like. Can they do the same?
Speaker 3: Did?
Speaker 2: Jalen hurt Here's.
Speaker 4: Hurts all day, loaded up, going deep, HEGs Ay Brown has gone and a big one down of the forty and there's the.
Speaker 2: Explosive Eagles offense as balanced as it gets. Hurtz comes in off his top dual threat type game. He ran the ball fifteen times versus La over seventy yards and a TV he's got one.
Speaker 3: Man of beat in he does oh, Jalen.
Speaker 4: Hurts magic splits defenders head a first down.
Speaker 2: Running back DeAndre Swift also gave him seventy yards last week. Eagles piled up almost one hundred and sixty yards on the ground.
Speaker 4: Wreak, so Swift has a first down an more he's inside the twenty.
Speaker 2: Their run games sets up their pass game, so it would behoove New York to try and make them more one dimensional game. Green will need to step up then. They haven't played runners great so far. Five point four a run allowed to quarterbacks. Gave up a lot of long runs to Patrick Mahomes a few weeks ago, gave up seven yards per carry and forty nine yards to Russell Wilson last week.
Speaker 4: For Russon'll t it himself inside the twenty out of the ten until at the five and town he goes.
Speaker 2: They've allowed four point two a carried running back so far. Not terrible, not great. They let Jalil McLoughlin break a thirty eight yard or week five seven point six a carry allowed to him. They need to shore some things up this week, so run the.
Speaker 3: McLoughlin a quick straight down the south line great.
Speaker 2: Straight hurts the passer over three hundred yards through the air versus La has thrown for two hundred and seventy five plus in three straight games.
Speaker 4: LAJ Brown well turns around first down and then somebody's down.
Speaker 2: Of the twenty one Hurtz did get picked off last week, held to a sub ninety rate, and he does have four iron t's against just six t d's in twenty twenty three. So he hasn't been perfect, but his chemistry with AJ Brown appears to be locked in. He's been at the heart of their aerial attack the last three weeks. One hundred and twenty five plus yards in three straight games hurts J Brown.
Speaker 3: What a head of touch beaks is bad? Silk gold range Brown.
Speaker 2: Can he do that against Sauce and his magic buffalo friend? I assume Gardner can see him at all times and we can't. Kind of like Calvin and Hobbs, Gardner versus Brown, that is Saucy. Sure Brown will try and escape him at times, but New York's dbs have held wide receivers as a whole to a sub eighty rate this season.
Speaker 3: Oh throws on the run, Let's pluck it up Sauce Gardner closed and got a hand on it.
Speaker 2: They also have DeVante Smith to chase only six yards last week, but has a couple seventy five plus yard games under his bell. And New York has to play the tight end position well as Dallas Goddard had his first big game of twenty twenty three versus the Rams over one hundred and ten yards in a score quick throw.
Speaker 4: Goddard again involved with a scene got it Brits a template first doun and more into Rams territory.
Speaker 2: Jets have allowed a one oh eight point nine rate to tight ends, five tds allowed.
Speaker 3: Wilson and it's a touchdown for Adam Trumpet.
Speaker 2: If New York's d can hold Philadelphia's offense and check to some degree, their offense still needs to do a little something. They did put up thirty one points last week. Nine of those were the defense, though, and it was the Broncos one of the loosest d's in the land. When it comes to giving it up in the end zone.
Speaker 3: Wilson well it Twurst the side time the Jets.
Speaker 11: It's all he goes for now.
Speaker 3: It is a touchdown on the field.
Speaker 2: If Zach Wilson and the just passing attack was effective versus Philadelphia's secondary, it would be a surprise. Even in their win, Wilson had no TD's, a pick, and a sub eighty rate. Aside from their KC game, He's had a sub eighty three rating every game, fewer than two hundred yards passing in each.
Speaker 3: Wilson looking down the field, and it is it is setting.
Speaker 2: He's also up against a pass rush that doesn't need to blitz much, still pressures qbs over forty percent of dropbacks dt Jalen Carter two sacks last week, Hassan Reddick with two. He's now awake.
Speaker 4: Pressure Stafford touching down for the sack a sun Reddick gets home.
Speaker 2: Wilson meantime, sacked four times by the Broncos and been bagged a minimum of two times per game.
Speaker 3: Wilson trying to think the way it is sat the.
Speaker 2: More realistic way for New York to move the ball consistently. Their ground game, Breese Hall finally got twenty plus carries, still hit another home run, seventy two yarder right.
Speaker 3: Up the middle of there.
Speaker 4: He goes Brice Hall in the Denver territory, and he's got a whole pass to the.
Speaker 2: End zone added one hundred plus yards on top of that as well.
Speaker 13: It just jumps around the defender into the next hole, gets vertical, almost comes through.
Speaker 2: That tackle again. Though Philadelphia's d ain't denvers d they've held running backs to a Ron Measley three point one to carry only one team tougher to run on In twenty twenty three.
Speaker 4: He's in deep trouble, breaks multiple tackles just to get back near the line of scrimmage that time.
Speaker 2: Maybe fireman ed tweets out something about how Nick Sirianni thinks Wilson's shortcomings are all Nathaniel Hackett's fault. Why not go back to the well, right? Indianapolis Colts on the road for Week six Big AFC South Showdown winner takes over first. They're in Jacksonville, Jags fans welcoming their boys home from a very successful trip abroad.
Speaker 8: Over the middle Paul a little looking number of the boscas Jacksonville recovers it. What a win for dub Peterson and the three and two Jaguars.
Speaker 2: Now the Jaguars have to try and do something they have yet to do this year, win a game in front of Jason in the good place. Aka win a game in front of real Jaguars fans. It's great they look so merry or curio in front of the Brits. But how about you show some gratitude to your roots. Do some bustin in the d do ball style afore.
Speaker 3: The ends that Paul is gonna be caught by the top down Calvin.
Speaker 2: Ridley Jaguars offense comes in closer to being right than it has all year. Biggest reason their run game finally clicked. Travis Etien had his first big game of twenty twenty three versus the Bills over five yards per carry, over one hundred and thirty yards, two scores. Yeah, Rex, there is a catch. Buffalo's run defense terrible in twenty twenty three. Indianapolis's run dee has not been held Derreck Henry to three point three a carry week five, holding running backs to three point six a carry for twenty twenty three, so won't be easy for Eten to replicate his showing. Zier Franklin fourteen tackles alone last week.
Speaker 3: Fourth and one Henry Why Sir.
Speaker 2: If Etan is effective, it sets Spacoli up. Trevor Lawrence threw for over three hundred yards. Or rating over one hundred versus a tough Buffalo secondary kind of game he's sort of expected to have weekly.
Speaker 10: So that's a great benefit to have all these playmakers for a guy like Trevor Lawrence is that you don't have to throw the ball far to get big plays.
Speaker 2: The other reason Jacksonville's offense comes in feeling itself though. Calvin Ridley over one hundred and twenty yards eight targets caught, seven of.
Speaker 13: Them just beats the pressure, but a perfect throw over the outside shoulder bite Trevor Lawrence.
Speaker 2: If him and Lawrence are clicking, then Indianapolis's DB's are really up against it. They still have Zay Jones to cover. He scored versus the Bills.
Speaker 5: Yet so old touchdown says goes up to get it.
Speaker 2: And Christian Kirk to chase around seventy plus yards last week seventy plus and three of their last four games.
Speaker 3: Over the middle. The next question to Kurt taking the town to the Buffalo thirty two.
Speaker 2: Evan Ingram was quiet versus Buffalo, but a consistent contributor. Pultz pass defense they rumble with. They did hold Ryan Tannehill to a sub eighty rate last week. No tds allowed picked him on Anna.
Speaker 3: Hill fires near side as pets.
Speaker 2: They also allowed over two hundred and sixty yards to Tannahill. They've given up a plus ninety rate on the year. They gave up one hundred and forty yards to DeAndre Hopkins week five. Have allowed a rating over one hundred to wide receivers in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Protected called the fibers and the kits.
Speaker 2: Hopkins is Indianapolis's pass rush going to show up this week. Only one bag week six. They don't blitz a lot and they don't have a high pressure rate. They like to save the bodies to defend the pass. Lawrence got sacked five times last week, got his left tackle back and then watched him leave hurt.
Speaker 3: Pulls it down and then he's pulled down.
Speaker 5: It's Tepanessa again.
Speaker 2: Flip it now if you want to smack it first, like Belle bivindevou be my guest. One of the big keys to this game for Jacksonville's defense how well they play the run. Their rush defense will be front and center versus Moss and Taylor. They were barely tested last week, but they held James Cook a five yard per carry guy prior to facing them to minus four yards.
Speaker 3: Cook huge loss. Sean Jenkins slip that one out.
Speaker 2: Colts will hit them with the two backs. They hope to get back in sync now that JT has returned. Jonathan Taylor quiet in his return to action week five, but the Jaguars defense will see plenty of Zach Moss still too. Dude, was like, are you sure you needed to give JT All that coin? I mean, how about if I give you seven point two a run, one hundred and sixty five yards and two touchdowns one week? Mass and Taylor could be quite the duo once Taylor gets warmed up, here's.
Speaker 3: A breakaway Moss off to the races us to the house.
Speaker 2: It's not to say the Colts won't be throwing the ball. They have a guy who could throw the ball a quarter mile back in eighty two. Are you serious? Dead serious? Indie rolls with Uncle Rico Gardner Minshew eleven for fourteen off the bench last week, a rating over one ten over eleven yards per attempt.
Speaker 3: Didn't you slating completes mo Alie Cox.
Speaker 2: Jags DBS have two blokes to primarily worry about. Michael Pittman over fifty yards last week.
Speaker 4: Minshe taking over for Anthony Richardson throws a perfect ball.
Speaker 3: Pitman other Cats.
Speaker 2: And rookie wide receiver Josh Downs almost one hundred yards last week, A key contributor in all five of their games.
Speaker 3: Rush to the downs with a quick delivery near Sagus's downs. Downs has some daylight.
Speaker 2: Jaguars defense has average digits versus quarterbacks for twenty twenty three. Not bad, not great. That's what average means, right. But as for Pittman and Down specifically, Jacksonville's rating allowed to wide receivers one oh five gave up one hundred plus yards to both Gabe Davis and Stefan Diggs in week five.
Speaker 3: Thirty for three on third game a touchdowns, Stefan taks.
Speaker 2: Jagg's pass rush not able to close the deal versus the Bills. Josh Allen needs to remember the TB twelve rule this week when sacking a quarterback, you have to lay a pillow down first and gently lay down the QB after lullaby option.
Speaker 3: And it just oh lot of those things.
Speaker 15: You're just running through the quarterback helmet, his helmets so tough, so tough for a pass rusher.
Speaker 3: I'm a quarterback, saying.
Speaker 2: That Allen has six sacks in two games, none in the other three Trayvon Walker two and five games. They expect more consistency from that pair. AFC South supremacy and twenty twenty three is on the line. The New York Giants don't have to travel far this week in Buffalo for Sunday Night Football. Both teams coming off loss, so Week six is Dennis Rodman time for one of them.
Speaker 3: Here's Allen from his own.
Speaker 8: Cell ten over the middle Oh a little hooked to the balls.
Speaker 3: Jackson Jel recovers it.
Speaker 2: Bill's international trips sort of like watching the Grizzwolds do their European vacation. What happens in London stays in London, Right, Bill's mafia Josh Allen was so confused he was calling plays for Lebron abroad abroad. He's not on their team and he doesn't even play their sport. They had no run game, couldn't come up with a defensive stop when it mattered.
Speaker 3: Up the Middle East. Straight Et chucks.
Speaker 2: Down eleven flags for over one hundred yards too. It was messy, but not a total disaster. Giant secondary is taking on an offense that was three for three in the red zone fifty On third down, they face a QB who threw for over three hundred and fifty yards a rating over one hundred two tds, plenty of big plays, step.
Speaker 3: On the move, and he's sucked. Yet four that touchdown.
Speaker 2: Josh Allen isn't coming in cole He's just not in Fuego either. The same is true of the two receivers. New York's DBS will focus most of their attention on Gave Davis at one hundred yards versus Jacksonville scored again, has hung with Bob Ross in four straight games.
Speaker 5: Now, well, let's do it again for the fourth straight game. Day Davis for the touchdown just in time for Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Stefan wasn't digging his final play week five, but he still went for a score over one hundred and twenty yards. One hundred plus yards and four of their five games now thirty.
Speaker 3: For three on third game, Man, what touchdown Stefan takes.
Speaker 2: Good thing. The Giants secondary doesn't have a problem with wide receivers. One hundred and eighty yards allowed to Tyreek Hill week five. Rating allowed to the position near one ten for the year.
Speaker 11: They're real fast. You know it took a lot of short passes for long games.
Speaker 2: New York's pass d numbers all pretty rough. They picked off two a Tongue Iloa twice and still gave up a plus hundred rate to him over three hundred yards over ten yards per attempt. It's what happens when we let Hill break off a Ronk special well.
Speaker 3: Going deep to the far side cut. It's hell touchdown.
Speaker 2: New York's pass rush has one of the lowest sack totals too. Allen's protection hasn't really been a problem, less than two sacks taken per game. Pressure rate faced not alarming. Buffalo's run game has been alarming.
Speaker 3: Cook huge loss.
Speaker 2: Bill's barely toked it versus Jacksonville James Cook five carries led to minus four yards.
Speaker 3: Where is James Cook trying to run? But he bids me nowhere.
Speaker 2: Cook has had back to back dud games, now looked so good weeks two and three. Running the ball is a much bigger deal to New York's offense. Obviously, assuming Saquon is good to go, Buffalo is a team that he could make a big splash against.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: Barkley taking on a squad that gave up over five yards per carry in over one hundred and thirty yards to Travis Et in Week five have now given up five point seven run to running backs in twenty twenty three Yoscity touchdown. Losing linebacker Matt Mulana is not going to help either. But if New York doesn't have Barkley Darren trouble, no matter what, his backups have not done much of anything, and neither has the offense without him. Daniel Jones only one hundred and nineteen yards passing versus Miami, and the sack parade just rolls on. Jones bagged six more times last week.
Speaker 15: Out here kick hole bub Zaylas yet another sack of vandel Jones out of double six.
Speaker 2: Now he takes on a Bill's defense that got Von Miller back. They didn't have Greg Russo, but he could be back. They get everyone together this week, Jones could be in for another long day. The Bill sacked Trevor Lawrence five times, bolls out.
Speaker 3: And recovered h Appy. That's up doing at all.
Speaker 2: Their heat last week didn't lead to great secondary play. Buffalo gave up over three hundred yards to Trevor Lawrence raiding over one hundred over eight yards per attempt has to step.
Speaker 3: Up to avoid the Russian. He's got an open ridley. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They not only were without Trey Day at corner, they were also without cornerback Christian Benford. He could also be back this week. They lost Milano, who plays the past great, so that didn't help and still Giants fans Worth noting that game one of the few that a QB has had that kind of success against the Bills through the air.
Speaker 3: Ye'd I come up the middle ball the cup up.
Speaker 2: On the Rookie Show, Brian Dable facing his old team for the first time, facing what appears to be an uphill battle. Who knows, though, so was Jacksonville right? Anytime these two meet up, we all think of two words. Why do you do it? Says Bill Mafia. The Cleveland Browns are at home after taking week five off. Funny, sort of felt like the forty nine Ers did too, right with Skates and Piers No No Niners Empire. You had to work for it, but it's nice to steamroll a team without looking like you're trying.
Speaker 8: Right.
Speaker 2: Forty nine Ers Cowboys beat down also happened without CMC being at the center of it. I mean, Christian McCaffrey scored again. Dudes, Bob Ross's BFF at this point, Caffrey.
Speaker 3: To the goat fourteen straight games with a touchdown.
Speaker 2: But just two point seven yards per carry and a fumble lost. Hadn't seen anything like that from him all year.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: San Francisco's rush attack still rolled on, and that's because their running back room is stupid loaded. Jordan Mason gets ten carries scored, turns himself into a Gronk fave six point nine a run sixty nine yards would start for most teams.
Speaker 3: Sho so and pushing himself to the inside.
Speaker 6: Darton Mason touchdown seven friend Cisco.
Speaker 2: So what does Cleveland have to offer in terms of run defense? They've taken on Joe Mixon, Najie Harris King, Henry Gus Edwards holding running backs under four per run.
Speaker 3: Pitch it Edwards nowhere to go, snipped.
Speaker 2: Out up, rounds all over at passing game, which is a Bewitched episode to deal with if their run game is popping, comes in off a near perfect outing pert.
Speaker 3: Are you for the chicks?
Speaker 2: The scene between the b is through the roof right now. Brock Perty's confidence sky high after torching what was supposed to be an elite secondary over two hundred and fifty yards, over ten yards per attempt, four touchdowns, no picks rating your one forty five going in the middle.
Speaker 6: This time it's deegles Samuel. He's off and earding Samul side of the twenty.
Speaker 2: George Kittle outplayed Greg with a TD hat trick.
Speaker 7: Berdy Sorry, Kittle's first three touchdown game on his NFL career.
Speaker 2: Brandon Nyuk averages over ninety yards per game fifty eight last week and perty to.
Speaker 3: The air again and now you put more time. It's space right the thirty three.
Speaker 2: Yard live debo caught three passes for fifty five yards in that game, ran for thirty two. Purdy had all the time in the world Micah who Trent Williams dominated him. Brock only took one sack for two yards, and it wasn't to any of Dallas's d lineup.
Speaker 3: We scaps and fires in so out touchdown channel.
Speaker 2: So here comes Miles Garrett.
Speaker 3: Checks Jets crushed five Miles Garrott.
Speaker 2: Garrett an elite pass rusher himself five and a half sacks in four games.
Speaker 4: A snappy quench my ball, yet that sack at time, it's gonna run out on the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 2: Browns have a very healthy plus forty percent pressure rate and Cleveland's secondary can feed off that heat. They've held qbs to a seventy five point seven rate, cornerback Martin Emerson holding him to a sub fifty rate. Dude doesn't get enough pub.
Speaker 3: M j Emerson at Mississippi State. A third rounder, He's a terrific cover guy.
Speaker 2: Denzel Ward has held quarterbacks to a sub sixty rate. Safety Grant Dell pits rating allowed under thirty. Cleveland has held running backs to a sub ninety rate. They've held wide receivers to a low sixty.
Speaker 6: All deal fifty lost, and the Browns put it, that's a boy war.
Speaker 2: Cold Kittle have another big outing. Cleveland's secondary's blind spot is tight end. They've allowed a rating over one thirty to that position.
Speaker 3: Rose finds the soft spot, Andrew's.
Speaker 2: With the cat keeping San Francisco's offense at bay half the challenge. Cleveland also has to try and crack their d It's a tough nut to crack, trying to make something happy.
Speaker 3: Field deal second to Sawn Kipson.
Speaker 2: To Shaun Watson the next up to try and play Nutcracker Cleveland fans realizing happy endings are harder to come by without Watson behind center, Brown's had to roll with DTR before they're buy Things didn't go well.
Speaker 3: The throw off, the deflection, The Ravens have the pitch.
Speaker 2: No sense drudging up the past forty nine ers. Dface isn't prepping for DTR. They're prepping for Watson and the Browns passing attack that we last saw with him at the controls was a bit of a breakthrough.
Speaker 3: Looking down the west side, he's got a wide.
Speaker 1: Open for.
Speaker 2: Watson's latest showing back in Week three, he saw him throw for almost two hundred and ninety yards, two tds and no picks, a rating over one twenty.
Speaker 16: He's got top a wide up and four touchdown.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it wasn't against the best secondary. Tennessee has struggled against the pass. The forty nine ers have not yet.
Speaker 3: But it's not flip. The order turns up with the flipting intercepts.
Speaker 2: They picked off Dak Prescott three times, held him to a low fifties rate. They have the second lowest rate in the NFL second yards per attempt allowed first, and yards per completion allowed tied for the most iron tax.
Speaker 3: Now putting the slant or Quirks comes up. Put the intercepts here the third intercepts of the night.
Speaker 2: Sacking Watson should be somewhat expected in this game because it's his game. He's a risk reward type guy. He's taken three to six sacks in every contest he's played.
Speaker 7: Play action fifties back and the ball is out and the stealer pick it up, and that's tj.
Speaker 2: Was forty nine ers. Pass rush is Randy Marsh at a baseball game. Loaded, bagged Dac three times, sacked Cooper once for good measure one third down.
Speaker 3: Then he get Prescott and it's.
Speaker 2: Nickosa when Watson lets it fly, Amari Cooper priority number one for San Francisco's DB's one hundred and ten plus yards in a touchdown when he was with Watson back in Week three.
Speaker 12: Watson on second and nine puts some are runner in it's top cockle bake it three.
Speaker 2: Donovan Peoples Jones the deep threat. He's a bigger go home guy. Elijah Moore is the chain mover. His last game with Watson only forty nine yards, but nine catches on nine targets like.
Speaker 4: Somehow escapes Initially, third down pass is caught, this will be a first down.
Speaker 2: Watson has a solid tight end in David and Joku dumps plenty to his backs as well. Jerome Ford and Kareem Hunt the options there as a runner. Ford has had his moment running played.
Speaker 13: At Ford gets to the outside and keeps those lakes churning for a first down run.
Speaker 2: But the Browns run game is an X factor without the fabulous mister Chubb and hard to see it doing too much. Versus Fred Warner and Dre Greenlaw. They shut down Tony Pollard, holding running backs to three point seven a run for the season. McCarthy and you come out and you decide you're gonna be willing to run it on that down because it's four down territory and you can't gain a yard.
Speaker 3: That's a problem.
Speaker 2: Can the forty nine ers get to six and oh or will the dog pound pull a little shocker? I think a panel of ten sweep is coming after what we saw from the forty nine ers last week. Arizona Cardinals head West this week, off to La La Land to take on the Rams.
Speaker 3: Five weeks into this season.
Speaker 14: There's a lot of football left and I'm excited about attacking this with this team.
Speaker 2: LA feeling like there's plenty a season to go.
Speaker 14: I'm not making excuses at all because we expect to accelerate, you know, our progression, and I believe in this group and.
Speaker 2: They're closer to having all their parts back.
Speaker 4: Stafford care's Cooper Cup with a slant in a first down and a cow chance.
Speaker 3: I thought he played really well.
Speaker 10: I'm proud of him, happy for him that he's out there because I know that's what he loves to do, is be out there playing.
Speaker 2: Cooper Cup came back last week. Didn't seem to know you're supposed to ease your way back into things. One hundred and eighteen yards on eight catches, a tear drop.
Speaker 7: Hello, we miss it for the first time in three hundred and thirty six days, nine and ten on the same deal.
Speaker 2: Wondered how he would work with rookie Sensation Pooka Nakua. Cup had twelve targets Nakua eleven. He went for seventy plus yards into TD seventy plus yards his career low loft it and.
Speaker 4: So n'koah, don it touchdown roums.
Speaker 2: Everyone else is like yo, so what we just stand around and block for you guys? What are we the pass smear of Nirvana or something that is a big time.
Speaker 3: Throw by Matthew Stafford? And both these offenses have.
Speaker 8: Come out hot.
Speaker 2: Stafford was solid enough in Cup's return.
Speaker 3: He took the hip injury last week in Indianapolis. Has looked better than any of us could have hoped.
Speaker 12: You see it in spurts right, and it's just.
Speaker 3: Can you go out there and do it for the full game?
Speaker 2: Two touchdowns, no picks.
Speaker 3: Stafford look slept fires foot pilot that's caught, put him up. That's a touchdown.
Speaker 2: Lots of short stuff for what it's worth, just six yards per attempt. Cardinals pass defense that Trio takes on has given up a rating to wide receivers of one hundred and three point nine.
Speaker 11: What are the issues? Forty second? We got coach better, that's the issue.
Speaker 2: They gave up fifteen catches to Jamar Chase last week.
Speaker 11: It seemed like he caught a lot of balls today for a lot of yards in a lot of touchdowns.
Speaker 15: He sets hot new Bengals record with his fourteenth catch up the game.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable. I'm pissed off about it.
Speaker 2: One hundred and ninety two yards, three touchdowns, stopping wideouts not their strong suit Burrow.
Speaker 4: Past time, unloads, deep ballfar aside, got chase and it's caught in the five and into the.
Speaker 3: End zone touchdown.
Speaker 2: Arizona gave up over three hundred and ten yards to Joe Burrow through the air. Rating allowed near one ten.
Speaker 7: No Jalen Thompson, no Budda Baker, no one deep against Jamar Chase.
Speaker 2: Cardinals did sack Burrow three times, but didn't make enough of a difference. Stafford took four sacks versus Philadelphia hit a hefty eight times, has been bagged twelve times in their last three games.
Speaker 3: He had imited at all by your hit Burn.
Speaker 4: No, it's just the slowsunr limb pressure Stafford touching down four.
Speaker 2: Are the sat Rams run game up.
Speaker 3: Quite doing?
Speaker 2: Kyron Williams fifty three yards last week four point one to run just thirteen.
Speaker 4: Tries, right up the cut for Williams, who easley moves the chains.
Speaker 2: Arizona's own run games up in the air. This week. James Connor left hurt versus Cincinnati, Cardinal's whole offenses up in the air. Really being Kyler Murray could theoretically return this week, he would certainly add a spark. If he doesn't, they stick with Joshua Dobbs.
Speaker 11: And the opportunities are there. Man, we got to capitalize.
Speaker 2: He had a nice little streak going, but it came to an end. Versus Cincinnati, picked off twice.
Speaker 11: I got to be extremely smart and take care of the football.
Speaker 2: Sub sixty right only one hundred and sixty six yards.
Speaker 3: Dobbs takes He's gotta prow from his Enzo Fire's right side.
Speaker 4: Old, No, it's picked off, runs it back to the left of the five and end of the end zone for the touchdown. Throwing right side and it's broken up and it's intercepted, which probably ends the game.
Speaker 11: We take Briden taking care of the four. Well, you know both of those.
Speaker 2: Are all The Cardinals passing attack also focused on two guys, mainly Marquise Brown. Ten targets versus the Bengals, five more than anyone else, sixty one yards and a score to show for it.
Speaker 4: Hollywood, Brown, God, by the DV you could not throw it any.
Speaker 3: Better than just d in right there.
Speaker 2: Rondelle Morris threat number two. He didn't produce much of anything last week. Rams defense they face off with gave up one hundred and twenty seven yards to aj Brown. Week five yours Hurts.
Speaker 4: All day, load it up, going deep, DJ Brown, It's good and a big one down to the forty.
Speaker 2: LA gave up over three hundred yards to Jalen Hurts. They did pick him off though, held him to a sub ninety rate, and they held Davante Smith just six yards and they've still held wide receivers overall to a low seventies rate for the end zone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is picked a color winners food with some toe drag slag.
Speaker 2: This is a game LA will see as theirs for the taking.
Speaker 14: And we made some plays and then miss on some opportunities that I don't think we'll miss on as we move forward.
Speaker 2: Still two teams under five hundred, though.
Speaker 3: I'm pissed off about it.
Speaker 11: It's my fault and we got to get that cleaned up.
Speaker 2: Carolina Panthers headed south, the last team in the NFL still looking for a win, and if they're gonna get it, they have to find their inner tiger came. No wait, you'll end up in jail. How about your inner cheetah?
Speaker 6: Came now going keep to the far side, cut catch helth touchdown, sixty nine yards.
Speaker 2: The Dolphins hung thirty one points on New York last week, and games their offense is clicked, they blow up both throwing and running the ball. So the first question, can Carolina stop them from visiting Bob Ross Country all game long?
Speaker 3: So look at a call coul start, he said, touchdown.
Speaker 2: It would mean containing Tua tongue iloa over three hundred yards last week, over ten yards per attempt, a rating over one hundred. No one is throwing for more yards per game. No one's throwing for a higher yards per attempt or higher yards perk.
Speaker 3: A goat a dime next catch stay by Wattle.
Speaker 2: Funny thing is it's not like anyone has to guess who he's going to target most in three of Miami's four wins, mister Bouchika, Wow wow, Tyreek Hill has one hundred and fifty seven plus yards, had one hundred and eighty one week five and scored who.
Speaker 15: Swings it out taking a fast How about Tyreek.
Speaker 2: Out Jalen Waddle option number two most games had the most targets week five, and he got to waddle.
Speaker 15: A roller to his left throws and so touched down Tailor Wattle.
Speaker 2: The Carolina pass defense they're matched up against, its hurting both physically due to injuries and numerically. Gave up over eight yards per attempt to Jared Goff, who didn't even have his best receiver a rating over one thirty. Allowed three touchdowns, no picks.
Speaker 4: That's that you ever got wide open. That's all Lions touchdown.
Speaker 2: Panthers have to be able to stop Miami's running game two, and it could be a whole lot of Raheem Moster the sensation that is devon a landed on the shelf pert as a bummer man Moster six point five a carry versus the Jets sixty five yards in a touchdown over five a run for the year as posted first.
Speaker 3: Out and more.
Speaker 6: Don't get pooled by most Sart and a Kent thinking that they only could run outside.
Speaker 2: Could also see some Jeff Wilson too, So how the Panthers played running backs five point two yards per carry allowed, one hundred and nine yards allowed to David Montgomery week five, five point seven per given up to him.
Speaker 4: Botching outside, come down the sunline, gost Montgomery.
Speaker 3: He's gonna go.
Speaker 2: So that side of things seems a little lopsided. Can Carolina's offense keep up if need be? Bryce Young threw three tds last week, almost two hundred and fifty yards, as good a game he's had in the NFL so far.
Speaker 4: Head zone touchdown DJ Shark on a fast one from Bryce Young.
Speaker 2: Okay, so low eighties rate because he was picked twice, but it was progress. Adam Thielen one hundred and seven yards in their most recent loss seventy five plus and three straight games.
Speaker 3: Feeling has it? Did he get across? Touchdown? Panthers?
Speaker 2: Hard to use anything the Dolphins did versus New York's passing attack as a reference point. They held Daniel Jones to one hundred and nineteen yards, sacked him six times.
Speaker 15: Doll Tuger crush here here, sat Tech times on Monday Night, down he goes.
Speaker 2: Is there an opening for Feeling to have another big game? Sure? Miami has given up a rating near one ten to wide receivers this season. That's an opening.
Speaker 3: It's digs with a lot of flackouts. He is able to get away from those two tacklers if no one's gonna touch him the rest of a way touchdown.
Speaker 2: Panthers, though, need much more than just an opening in a decent day from Young and Delan, Like a huge game from Miles Sanders. Maybe he finally cracked four yards per carry week five, only seven attempts, but maybe load him up, Hope he keeps two and Tyreek off the field, and cross your fingers.
Speaker 4: Miles Sanders. We'll get a first out and burst to the forty six game.
Speaker 2: Eve you Finns fans insiders aka the norms and cliffs of this preview bar. Let's have another round on me. You guys know the Dolphins have never started six and zero. They can't do that with their one loss this year, but a five and one start wouldn't be bad, right. Denver Broncos head to Kansas City this week for Thursday Night football. We keep telling you the whites didn't work for Walter and Jeffrey, they didn't work for Cincinnati earlier this year, and they didn't work for Denver last week. Broncos now have to try and figure out how to topple a team that's won four straight.
Speaker 3: Rush to the.
Speaker 6: Outside path got on a slant touchdown Jansa City, Hurrshi right.
Speaker 2: This is four and one versus one and four. I think Sean Payton's been listening to Kendrick all week. That was as heavy as serving of humble pie as I've ever seen dished out. Last week, I got one day Walton. These two teams records makes this one one of those previews where you have to look for reasons the underdog might overcome the odds. Let's walk through three of them. Starts with Denver coming up with a way to slow Patrick and his Mahomeies. Mahomes season numbers aren't Mahomes like? Yeah, still over two hundred and eighty yards last week two tds, no I iNTS.
Speaker 3: Yes, homesis down to field. That's walk seventh. Did he get the faith down? I think they're gonna say yes.
Speaker 2: Catch and stopping Kansas City still has to do with stopping tight end Travis Kelsey. He led the team in targets week five.
Speaker 3: He got no chance one on one in open space against Kelsey.
Speaker 2: He had Chiefs fans on the verge of fainting last week, but he was probably just showing off a little for Ariana. You know, Grande probably impressed how he looked so hurt and then Bam comes back to score a TD three scores in his last four games.
Speaker 3: Holmes die open Kelsey and finds the end.
Speaker 2: Zone apaulog used to Katie by the way, mistake corrected. So what does Denver have to offer in terms of past defense? Stay with me here. Denver held Zack Wilson to a sub eighty rate last week, no touchdowns allowed, picked him off, held him under two hundred.
Speaker 3: Yards Wilson looking down the field?
Speaker 2: Is Zach Wilson outplayed Patrick Mahomes a few weeks ago?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So if A is greater than B and B is less than C, it means Denver's secondary could give Mahomes trouble. They got safety Justin Simmons back last week, so they're healthier at least.
Speaker 6: Wilson and patted tie with the lot and dearly intercept.
Speaker 2: It not to be a downer, but holding vincent adult man to those numbers doesn't really say much. Denver's rating allowed after that game still near one hundred and twenty five, and for Kelse they've allowed a rate near one twenty five to tight ends too fields.
Speaker 3: What up to step Bess?
Speaker 2: So now he's getting his name wrong too. No Papa Kelse says, that's how it's actually pronounced. Number two on our list, Russell Wilson. He could have an og RUSS game. That's possible. His personal numbers aren't another one hundred plus rate game Week five versus a tough New York defense. Two tds no picks only had a rating under one hundred this year in one game.
Speaker 3: Wilson and it's a touchdown trouble.
Speaker 2: Maybe he runs wild on casey seven yards per carry versus New York forty nine rushing yards. He could go dual threat RUSS and carry the offense.
Speaker 3: Wilson was looking from it. Laughlin not there, so Wilson'll do it himself. It's on the twenty to ten.
Speaker 2: He's on the five and Tony goes first. Kansas City has held quarterbacks to three point five a carry. They faced Trevor Lawrence and more importantly, justin Fields second. Their secondary has led the way to holding quarterbacks to a sub ninety rating. Their past defense is pretty tough looking.
Speaker 3: For jet person. Broke it up.
Speaker 16: Broke it up by mcduffy Edwards. Double coverage RUSS should expect heat. He takes plenty of sacks, of course, four taken in the Jets game, averaging three sacks taken per game. Maybe open a dispensary if you're gonna know grass on that level.
Speaker 3: You know Wilson left, will he talks to side.
Speaker 1: Checks.
Speaker 2: Wait, that's not the same time of grass. Never money Chiefs meantime, let's rate close to forty percent? Will they stick to it? Wilson has one hundred and six point seven rate versus five plus pass rushers in twenty twenty three. No picks a couple of touchdowns.
Speaker 3: Wilson's gonna take a shot cos his mond. It's time, but.
Speaker 2: It's manus third way. Denver could trip Casey up, keep them off the field with long drives. Utilizing a good run game, goes on it with McLoughlin.
Speaker 3: He picks free down Solum McLoughlin dally checked up with the twenty four.
Speaker 6: The undrafted rookie covers twenty one more yards.
Speaker 2: I know he's small, but so is Mighty mouse. And look what he did. Kansas City's run defense too, giving up four point five or run to running backs. He gets into the secondary for a first down X factor matchup. Chiefs run game featuring Isaiah Bacheco. He's had a couple of nice games this season. Scored versus Minnesota against the Denver run defense that gave up one hundred and seventy seven yards to Brese Hall a seventy two yarder mixed in with lots of other big lines.
Speaker 3: There it goes Brice had Denver territory.
Speaker 2: None of that likely convinces anyone on our panel to vote Denver.
Speaker 3: In this one.
Speaker 2: But are there any Orange Crush diehards that can conceive of the upset Houston Texans back at home this week some of the win taken out of their sales by a sneaky good defense last week. Now they take on the New Orleans Saints, whose defense may be more than sneaky good good.
Speaker 8: By Glennison and accepted on the look to say that's the excellence of six.
Speaker 3: That's a deep six.
Speaker 2: Saints are three and two, fully believed their defense can leave them to four and two. It's a club holding opponents under nineteen points per game in twenty twenty three, fed Bill Belichick a Homer favorite. Week five, held New England's quarterbacks to one hundred and thirty two yards passing rating in the low thirties.
Speaker 3: No TD time to throw double the fuck that in one?
Speaker 8: As a line doctor, wells that your man another turnover?
Speaker 2: Oh well that's the Patriots. They can't pass, maybe can't even pass the fifth grade the way their offense is playing right now. Okay, but the Saints have held QB's overall to a mid sixties rating this season, only five point six yards per attempt sub sixty completion percentage allowed.
Speaker 8: Not only smell all in, but a shut out on the road or raredly in the NFL all.
Speaker 2: That's especially relevant in this game because Houston's offense is a passing driven affair. The face of the O rookie quarterback CJ. Stroud, who is making the doubters and haters e crow as they say, he's been unbelievable.
Speaker 13: And now if I was in charge of the players Association, there is no way any of my players would ever take a water or look test again because it's completely unfair and this kid has just been awesome since since earlier this season.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with that, just to wish I had someone defending me for not being able to pass any of my finals in high school. Stroud had a down week versus Atlanta, a down week for him. Is now two hundred and forty nine yards a touchdown with no picks, over seven yards per attempt, a high eighties rating. Kid has yet to throw an iron t this season.
Speaker 3: Stroud picks the gip, throws back of the end zone.
Speaker 4: Cotnico Collins touchdown Houston ce J Stroud with more magic to the end zone what he was not able.
Speaker 2: To do in their Week five loss. Hookup big with either of his key wide receivers tank Dell Nicocollins. One of the two was big in each of their first four games. The duo didn't crack one hundred yards combined. Last week, oh I missed.
Speaker 3: They had take del right around the thirty five yard line, but just threw a lot.
Speaker 2: The cornerback trio they faced this week a Lante Taylor sub ninety rating allowed for the year, Paulson Adebo sub fifty, Marshawn Lattimore low sixties.
Speaker 15: Rose another pass bratch up, this time by Marshawn Lattimore.
Speaker 2: Saints pass rush it has threats, eleven sacks and five games pressure rate over thirty. That's solid. At least Carl Granderson a sack versus New England has three and a half. He's their leader.
Speaker 3: The Flanders get us.
Speaker 2: Stroud is not an easy guy to sack, though none taken last week. Got his starting left tackle back too. Leeremie Tunsel returned no sacks taken three straight games now bad.
Speaker 4: He throws away, scooped off the turf by takedown.
Speaker 2: Texan's still waiting for twenty twenty two. Damian Pierce to make an appearance. Five games in a row now under three point six yards per carry, unlikely to Mario Davis and company allow him to break out. Saints have held running backs to three point five per rush.
Speaker 8: Stevenson left up in swallowed by Clanderson.
Speaker 2: No orlans Own run game is big in this matchup. With Alvin Kamara back in the fold and with a lead to work with, New Orleans ran forty two times last week. Kamara twenty two runs and.
Speaker 3: He scored Comera in slicing for six.
Speaker 2: Saints rush attack versus New England wasn't all that efficient. Kamara was three point six a run, team was three point two. Houston just faced Jon Robinson and the Falcons run first offense held Robinson to three point three a carry. The Falcons to two point seven, holding running backs to three point seven a run for the season.
Speaker 4: He gets the call in the first play, but that Texas defenses up to the challenge.
Speaker 2: But the Texans didn't do well last week was stop the pass. Zero sacks on Desmond Ritter, who was usually bagged up by old ladies looking for deals on asparagus. In turn, they let him put up a career game over three hundred and twenty five yards close to nine yards per attempt or raiding over one ten no I iNTS. This wasn't a guy who was lighting up the skies prior to facing them.
Speaker 4: Rhydan lawns and tours are really my spall complete inside the forty biggest culprit.
Speaker 2: Last week, safety Jalen Peatree got tagged with giving up ninety five yards. Now they try and rebound versus Derek Carr. Even though the Texans don't have a lot of sacks, car should expect pressure. Houston still has a sub twenty blitz rate fresher rate near forty, one of the widest gaps in the league.
Speaker 3: Pick it feels the press or picket sacks Jenni.
Speaker 2: Pig Reguard Texans with just seven sacks too many? Happy Gilmore putts. How does it play out versus No Orleans line Saints have given up seventeen sacks in five games. Teams don't like being over two per game. Usually Car has taken at least two.
Speaker 3: Per Dropping Car, Dropping Car, he's hitting the backfield. It sucks bubble football.
Speaker 2: Derek took two versus New England, but was only hit twice and that made a difference. He'd take it again. Only one hundred and eighty three yards but a rating near one point fifteen. Two touchdowns No picks last week.
Speaker 3: Card to the Enzo touchdown. That's caught by a level.
Speaker 2: The more we get into the season, the more it seems like No Orleans passing offense as a committee approach. Michael Thomas, Chris o'lave, Rashid Shaheed, Alvin Kamara, now Kendre Miller had fifty plus yards last week. It could be emmyone.
Speaker 3: What an amazing catch by Chris olave.
Speaker 2: Game to figure out. Expecting lots of division from our picks panel. Minnesota Vikings are on the road Week six, playing the Chicago Bears, who have won their first game of twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Hold in night more get straight, Well.
Speaker 2: Well, well, what have we here? Justin Field's a TDS one pick across two games, rating over one hundred and twenty back to back games.
Speaker 3: Justin Fields has a new career high.
Speaker 2: Justin has been having himself a Meadows Day, if you will, or Pasture day.
Speaker 3: Fields again over the middle of talk to that touchdown.
Speaker 2: Didn't want to be cliche. Field season numbers now eleven touchdowns, five picks, mid nineties rating. Last two weeks seems calmer, like the game is slowing down for him.
Speaker 3: Fields was looking dap. He's gonna take a shot to Ta Kota's time.
Speaker 2: If Minnesota doesn't come up with a way to stop Dj Moore, Fields could go off again, push out DJ. Field's top target most games. Had a monster week five three touchdowns, two hundred and thirty yards. He's the number one priority for Minnesota's secondary if.
Speaker 3: He goes again. What a first half for him.
Speaker 2: Vikings defense he faces has surrendered one of the highest rates to quarterbacks in the league and to wide receivers bottom dwellers as well, allowing a rate over one fifteen.
Speaker 3: Spook it away from him.
Speaker 2: Tight End Cole Comet, the other key piece to Chicago's passing attack like Fields completed fifteen passes versus Washington, thirteen of them went to more in Comet. Comet's averaging a little over forty five receiving yards per game, has three touchdowns in their last two contests.
Speaker 3: Oh just cold, Comet gets so open.
Speaker 2: Vikings defense has struggled versus tight ends as well, rate allowed to that position over one hundred. So can Minnesota's pass rush help? Daneil Hunter sack Patrick Mahomes week five, forced to fumble, has six sacks now in the season.
Speaker 3: And there comes up pressure.
Speaker 2: Daniil Hunter not sure if Fields listens to a lot of sublime facing the grass five times per in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: He's been nearly perfect all day, but that one hurts.
Speaker 2: And furthermore, Susan I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn. Field's latest showing also saw him use his legs more than he has all year. Seems like he knows he can run, just trying to get the whole throwing thing down. Pat eleven attempts last week over fifty yards.
Speaker 3: That's what they want to do, is rest of mindset.
Speaker 2: Chicago's backfield was decimated by injuries Week five. Have to wait and see who's healthy enough to go. Khalil Herbert is out for a while. That's a bummer man. Deontay Foreman will likely see some action. Maybe Roshan Johnson. He left their Week five game hurt as well with a concussion. Vikings run game also hard to read. Alexander Madison had a couple of good games than just three point three year run on eight tries versus Kansas City. More problematic for Minnesota's offense though, at Justin Jefferson left with a hamstring poll last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you see him grab that hamstrings a little bit right there.
Speaker 2: It's Kirk Cousins, Jordan Addison, TJ Hawkinson, kJ Osborne, a little Brandon Powell. Maybe Cousins used that bunch to throw for over two hundred and eighty yards versus Kansas City, two touchdowns.
Speaker 3: No picks Cousins hanging in that pocket.
Speaker 2: Now, he takes on a Bears defense ranked near the bottom and yards per game and points per game allowed, in large part due to a pass defense that's allowed to rate over one ten, completion percentage allowed near eighty, giving up two hundred and eighty five yards per game.
Speaker 3: This is a favorable matchup.
Speaker 2: Bears have given up one hundred plus rate to wide receivers. Hasn't been there forte and they don't have Matt anymore one hundred and twelve point seven rate allowed to tight ends. Gave up nine catches over seventy yards and a touchdown to Logan Thomas last week.
Speaker 3: Gotta beatation, take those underneath throws.
Speaker 2: Chicago's pass rush did come to life week five out Big play Cousins was sacked three times by the Chiefs, hit a whopping twelve times. We He's not going to get a Chax loser alone and last in the NFC, North Washington Commanders on the road weeks six, trying to snap a three game losing streak. They are down in Atlanta, just like Havana. I here rise up watching them fly from the sky. I guess Nick going away, what's balls? Balls are flying from the sky in this case, And they weren't just flying from the sky off the foot of Young Wayku. They were flying from the sky out of the hand to Desmond Ridder last week, which isn't standard fare for the Falcon's o face.
Speaker 3: Ritter takes so he does go back a little field look twenty five.
Speaker 2: Ritter didn't just hit two eighty five dash and he went for a career high three hundred and twenty nine yards TD, no picks rating over one ten, made a bunch of big throws in crunch time.
Speaker 3: Down the sun, studying it downs, and it's gonna set up a first goal.
Speaker 2: It was like Ritter was driving a tractor like a hellcat. Atlanta is a run for squad, but they won't need to be if they're passing, attack and do more of that. And the thing is they could do more of that versus w Washington's defense. They've given up a rating over one hundred. Have given up one of the highest rates in the league. Gave up four TD passes to Justin Fields last week over two hundred and eighty yards, a rating over one twenty.
Speaker 3: To the end, John Nashop does he make the catch again? D J Moore touchdown.
Speaker 2: Commander's secondary had no clue how to cover DJ Moore gave up two hundred and thirty yards and a TD to him, a one to twenty four rating allowed to wide receivers in twenty twenty two.
Speaker 6: Seas hold in by Moore gets three Washington gambles and lose the.
Speaker 3: Gamble that time.
Speaker 2: That would seem to open the door for a big game from Drake. London had seventy five plus yards in their Week five.
Speaker 4: US play pocket for Ridder, so work to do after the catch, but Drake clam with a spin move to pick.
Speaker 3: Up the first down for Atlantic.
Speaker 2: What sticks out about Ritter's breakout game though the tight end position thirteen receptions between Kyle Pitts and John hus Smith, sixty five plus yards for each guy. That pair and London accounted for twenty seven of thirty eight of Ritter's targets.
Speaker 4: Rtteran lawns and tours, a run, a high squall complete inside of forty.
Speaker 2: Washington's defense gave up a touchdown to tight end Cole Comet last week. Five receptions on five targets, I.
Speaker 4: Mean you get separation even if he doesn't get separation is an advantage At six.
Speaker 2: Six commanders do sport a strong pass rush their front four still Jonathan Allen, Deron Payne, Chase Young Montes Sweat sixteen sacks over five games. Sweat has four and a half to lead the team. He got to fields one and a half times.
Speaker 4: LS look at under pressure down he goes twenty one yard live Montest.
Speaker 2: Sweat Ritter has taken a sack at least once in every game in twenty twenty three, averaged four a game through four weeks.
Speaker 3: Takes the gifts. That's the fuck you're gonna get hit. We gotta go down, stack back inside the forty yard line.
Speaker 2: And then came week five, zero sacks, taking only three QB hits allowed. Houston's pass rush not bad either with.
Speaker 3: This look chits behind the patch, get it off your bag.
Speaker 2: Washington's still going to have to play the run well. This week. It's Atlanta's bread and butter. Tyler l jeer Bjon Robinson split the carries. Algier hasn't been able to crack three yards per carry four straight games now. Robinson was held a three point three aer run by Houston.
Speaker 3: He gets the call of the first play.
Speaker 2: But that Texas defense is up to the challenge still. From what we've seen from Beijon, it won't shock anyone to see him have a game this week. Being the Commander's defense has allowed four point eight yards per carry in twenty twenty three, one of the most generous run defenses in the league, and when it comes to Beajon's position, Washington's allowing four point four run to running back.
Speaker 5: Here comes to mcglof to the zone, hunt tous Denver cuts down.
Speaker 2: The Commanders have given up thirty two points per game on defense so far. Only one team worse. Their offense only put up twenty points last week against a defensive neighbor of theirs. So yeah, that's not good either.
Speaker 3: It's incredible, unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Another shack pair that now with Atlanta's defense that's holding it down to nineteen points per game allowed.
Speaker 4: This time that Falcons defense gets there in the backfield.
Speaker 2: Call up Miami Atlantic Atlantis. Atlanta's defense looks to be for real. Texans passing offense was on fire Briar. At Week five, Falcons held c J. Stroud to a sub ninety race.
Speaker 13: This Atlanta defense has been oppressive all full games the season. They've picked up right where they've left off of Week four.
Speaker 2: Now they set their sights on Sam Howell. Washington's quarterback sixtds six picks on the year, mid eighties rating. Kid has his moments. He threw for a rating close to one hundred and over three hundred and eighty yards Week six, two touchdowns go to the end zone.
Speaker 3: It's hot Thomas touch down lock again.
Speaker 2: Kerry McLaurin, the team's wide receiver number one, has accounted for fifty two yards per contest touch on that ball.
Speaker 3: Over Edmonds perfectly into the arms there bub McLaurin.
Speaker 2: Owl has thrown for close to two hundred and seventy yards per game this season. In their most recent loss, he targeted Logan Thomas the most he had over seventy yards in a TD and howel throws.
Speaker 3: Then he picked up the first that died by Logan Thomas.
Speaker 2: That has been a blind spot for Atlanta's pass defense, rating allowed near one to ten for the year.
Speaker 4: I bets you catch that's a first down inside the thirty, don't Shultz.
Speaker 2: Falcon's pass rush didn't do much versus Houston, zero sacks and they only have five for the year. But Washington's O line the Bears aren't frequent visitors to Mom's house, yet they sacked Howl five times.
Speaker 3: And what a nice job there. Just sudden off the line of scrimmage and finish it.
Speaker 2: Howl, a Pineapple Express expert, with the amount of grass his face has been in the first five games, twenty nine sacks taken. Already step up for the.
Speaker 3: Pocket again, he goes down. Everybody's getting in on the act today.
Speaker 2: Brian Robinson handles the rushing duties for a carry fifty four yards. Game Washington bailed on their run game Week five. He only had six carries. Falcons run defense won't be easy to penetrate, holding backs to three point seven a run.
Speaker 3: We're running get here, though. That Texas offensive line could not get the push.
Speaker 2: That's how we get it on. Get it on.
Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.