Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season two ninety five, Episode two of dir Daily's Ice Day production of ByHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into America's shared consciousness. It's Wednesday, July twelfth, twenty twenty three. You know what that is?
Speaker 2: National Pecan Pie Day or Peacan Pie Day, depending on where you grew up.
Speaker 1: National Simplicity Day.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is, paper Bag Day, eat your jell O Day, National Different Colored Eyes Day, and Malala Day.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm on board, shout out Malala. It on board with pretty much all those things.
Speaker 2: Paper Bag, simplicity, Pea campie, Yello, different colored eyes.
Speaker 1: I'm my mom's specialty growing up with Derby pie, which is peacm pie with chocolate chips in it. Oh, highly recommend. Yeah, my mom's Derby Pie. I've never had it from anyone.
Speaker 2: I'm just from having her hookies alone. I'm like, I'll eat anything your mother makes.
Speaker 1: She's a wizard with the chocolate chips. You know, her Thanksgiving turkey stuffed with chocolate chocolate chip secret ingredient chocolate chiest.
Speaker 2: You haven't lived since since you've had a unless you've had a turkey thigh just injected with chocolate.
Speaker 1: My name is Jack O'Brien aka Bananas O'Brien. Oh. I had a weird banana experience this morning where I opened a banana. It like felt stiff, but it wasn't like not ripe stiff. It was like ripe, but it was stiff. And then when I started breaking it apart in my kids cereal, there was like a wood. There's like wood in the like a stem in the middle of the banana, which will never happened to me before. So I don't know, let me know what's happening prout there, what happened with I'm throwing to be joined as always by my co host, mister Miles.
Speaker 3: Grad Miles Great aka Tune Around Zite Baby picking out the turtle shells, Eat Tune around Zite Baby picking out the turtle shells. I eat Tune around my baby and picking out the turtle shells.
Speaker 2: That's obviously a take on Bolson Parade by rage against the machine. Plus my love for subway tuna, which they say is turtle Maybe I don't know. I believe it's just tuna that's been so cooked to ship that all the genetic information has been just destroyed and they don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: But anyway, shout out.
Speaker 2: To Laceroni on the discord for that, and yeah, obviously shout out Subway Tuna most importantly shot on Subway Tuna miles.
Speaker 1: We are thrilled to be joined for the first time by a very funny TV writer, producer, stand up comedian who's one woman show. Oh god, a show about abortion was on Broadway last year Nobody. Yeah, it's Allison.
Speaker 4: Good Hello, Sadly off Broadway it's abortion, and then Broadway goes quite together Off Broadway.
Speaker 1: That missed off in the description, but it's great. Yeah, is it is? That?
Speaker 2: Is that like a big thing in Broadway where like people really gonna come?
Speaker 1: Like I get that, I get that there is a difference, but like at that point, you know.
Speaker 5: No idea, it's not idea whatsoever. I don't. I'm just like, well, it wasn't a musical, so right right, right, right right, which.
Speaker 4: I mean if somebody wants to write an abortion musical, like I'm here to help you.
Speaker 1: That would be great. Yeah, amazing in New York.
Speaker 4: I am in New York, Yes, running my way through New York right now.
Speaker 5: Not here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like he said, it's nineties nineties.
Speaker 4: I was out doing a w GA abortion rights picket today because it's fun to kind of combine all of the nightmares that are plaguing our current culture and try and fight them all at one two hour window. So I was outside marching around, and now I'm just pretty happy to be home and talking to you guys from my air conditioned departments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's the what are the vibes of the w g A East, You know the crew is pulling up in New York because we see it all that. I want to what's what's the New York picket life?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: It's, uh, it's it's it's the New York.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: It's I think that I haven't been to an LA pick it, but I've been to all the New York or a bunch of the New York ones, and it's exactly the same, like discrepancy between New York and l A and every other element of the entertainment industry. It's like lower key celebrities, Like everybody's carrying their coffee around Like it just feels like I'm like, yes, this is the New York side of the WJA it's but I did get to meet Mandy patank in a few weeks ago, and that was a thrilling appearance to.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 5: He's the best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's pretty good.
Speaker 5: That's a pretty good Appearance're some good ones?
Speaker 2: Is some is Drew Carey also paying for meals on the East Coast? If someone doing anything like that for y'all, or that's just they've had like food.
Speaker 4: Trucks and stuff pull up. And I think there's a couple of restaurants around town who offer a WGA discount if you have your membership card. But you know, we don't have We don't have very many game show hosts here who have just been rolling in cash for two dead So I don't know if anybody is like down to also just like New York, I mean, the food's so expensive.
Speaker 1: K is like off, look Bob's Big Boys one thing. But right I can't handle Russ and Daughters or something.
Speaker 5: It's like, oh my god, Rus Oughters would hook us up. I would be forever frilled.
Speaker 1: I feel like the night, like the nineties is when the garbage starts, like something gastronomical starts happening to the garbage juices. Yeah, like it create creates a garbage stew, and yeah, kind of smell it everywhere. Have you smelled anything interesting?
Speaker 4: It's a smell like like compares to nothing else. They're really like hot garbage is just I think that most people don't even really understand what it smells like unless you've been in New York when it's ninety five degrees or you know what, I've smelled it in La I'll be honest. You just have to be on the wrong street corner at the wrong time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, totally. It's more pervasive in New York.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just you can't escape it. It's just too small of an island to possibly outrun a smell.
Speaker 1: So there's when I lived there, there was like a month where my entire neighborhood smelled like maple syrup for no reason I can't explain.
Speaker 5: I remember that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they found out it was like winds were blowing, wasn't it just like preservative factories and like the process feel like it was like you know the place where they make like vanilla extract or something.
Speaker 2: Oh so wait, so we did get to the bottom. Jack would always talk about He's like, you always bring this up about the maul syrup.
Speaker 1: But there was it. That's what the government wants you to believe. It was Preserve, but I think it was ghosts of some sort. Yeah, yeah, all right, Allison, we're gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment. First, we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about today. We're gonna check it with my pillow guy. What's he been up to? He was everywhere there for a little while. How are things working out for him? Let's check in. Yeah, there's a big masculinity push happening in politics right now. I feel like it's a dumb thing to say, like Idiocricy was a documentary, but it truly feels like in this moment, politics is trending in the direction of like WWE wrestling, everybody's just like trying to be the stronger, bigger person. We're gonna talk about the ORB in Las Vegas because I can't stop thinking about it. You really fucking, really fucking got me, man. So just just a little backstory and a future story of like what it's aimed at, who's behind the ORB. It's very sinister, and we will talk about the Barbenheimer phenomenon, the phenomenon of Barbie and Oppenheimer coming out on the same day. Why are they coming out on the same day, And just the craze that it has caused. They've sold twenty thousand double bills, Like twenty thousand fans will be catching a double feature.
Speaker 5: Hell yeah, it's a long day.
Speaker 1: That is a long day, long day. Like the filmmakers are like publicly on board, but I feel like that's the worst way to experience one of those movies. Whatever comes second is gonna be grueling, Like you know, what I want my for people watching my Barbie movie is for it to feel emotionally grueling.
Speaker 2: That would be wild to chase Barbie. Like I always say, following Barbie up with Oppenheimer is a true test of like your mental fortitude, I think, because I didn't realize Oppenheimer's three hours, Yeah no, these are and Barbie's one fifty four. We're calling that too too, ye yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: You go Oppenheimer first, Barbie's gonna feel real long like that of that extra twenty four minutes after it's the hour and a half march.
Speaker 2: You're to be like, yo, that's what I'm saying, I think Oppenheimer after Barbie, you'd completely lose all sense of time and like you're where you are on Earth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but in Oppenheimer before Barbie never sicker, you know, the old thing. But before we get to any of that bullshit, Alison, we do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history that is revealing about who you are?
Speaker 4: I yesterday was looking up the public pool hours in New York because I'm a huge, huge, huge advocate of going to the public pools in New York City because everybody's like, I mean, ew, gross, the public pools, like I'd rather go to a hotel, And I'm like, okay, but the pools are run by the city and have like really intense guidelines about how clean they have to be. And you know who doesn't have those guidelines any hotel. I don't know if any hotel pools are getting cleaned. And the way that the public pools in New York are so I'm a huge fan. They're freezing cold if you live in New York, They're super They're like cause they're like cooling centers, like they'refore people, especially if you don't have air conditioning in the summer. They're also the location of a lot of the free lunches that get you know, for students, so in the summer you're not in school, that's where they do it. I love, love, love the public pools, but I was I've never gone early enough to know what time they open, so I was like, I guess I should find out. And it's eleven, which I think is a little close for me, so I don't know if I'll ever get there at opening.
Speaker 1: But noon feels right right right right up in New York.
Speaker 4: In New York, now, yeah, I grew up in Maryland, but I've been here for sixteen or seventeen years, which is crazy because I'm twenty god so much just kidding, I would never want to be twenty again, my god.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, some of the most chaotic times in my life. Okay, because like La, the pools in La are just because of the ambient heat, not always like super cool, but you definitely cool off. But then we also just have like all those like splash parks. Now we're just basically equivalent of like an open fire hydrant. Yeah, a like foam ground area to make it sea. Yeah for kids. I love the public pools in La though too. I used to go swim in those when I lived there.
Speaker 5: They're the best.
Speaker 1: I love the proofs.
Speaker 5: I guess that's that's something about me. I love pools. It's unique.
Speaker 6: I've talked before and hear about how my first job out of college was as a pool boy at the Soho House, the roof deck of the Soho House when that had just opened, and I was in charge of just to your point about them not having regulations, I was in charge of like the chlorine levels.
Speaker 1: Also. Yeah, they were like like there was Oh no. I had somebody who like knew more about it, who checked with me every once in a while, but I was like doing the pH testing, yeah, and was in no way equipped to do that. I had to like pull a drowning kid out of the pool one time I went there. I was there during the blackout of whatever year that was, yeah, two thousand and three, and everybody like came to that pool. It was a tiny pool. It was like halfway between a pool and a bath tub.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like the size of a couch.
Speaker 1: But everyone thought it would be a cool place to hang out, and it was like milky by the end. Of it because I didn't know what I was doing. They just like put whoever's up there in charge of like the chlorine levels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because like on the other side, like in Vegas their pools, like if you open your eyes under the water, it will just strip like membranes from your like eyeballs.
Speaker 1: So yeah, your turns like five shades, Yes, just open them underwater. What is something, Allison that you think is overrated?
Speaker 5: Okay, this is a hot take? Uh hot take for a hot frozen drinks.
Speaker 4: I think, like I look, I love a frozen drink, Like I think it's a fun, but like I feel like I never taste the drink that I'm getting when it's frozen, because what you taste is cold, and I would rather have a drink that tastes like what it is and maybe is like chok full of ice, like a really icy Like I would rather have a great margarita on the rocks with a ton of ice than a frozen margarita because I love the taste of a margarita. It's like super tart, delicious. But I just think frozen drinks like are not They're not where it's at when it comes to taste.
Speaker 2: M oh, because like the little bits of ice are just kind of fucking yeah.
Speaker 4: And I think it's like such a shock to have like so much ice in your mouth at once that like I think it does like numb a little bit of your taste. This is me not being a scientist claiming this, but like I do think like your mouth is tasting.
Speaker 5: Cold, like you're so you're tasting cold cold.
Speaker 4: Which like great, There's times I totally want to taste cold, yeah, but most of the time I want to taste alcohols.
Speaker 2: Did you have something recently that that kicked this or was it a margarita? Was it a frozen a? Was it a frozen poaloma?
Speaker 5: Love a paloma?
Speaker 4: I recently chose a Rock's margarita over a frozen one when presented with the option, and I feel like I was met with a lot of kind of shock by the people I was with because it was hot outside. But I was like, I want to taste the lime and the tequila, and like That's what I'm getting the drink for, right right.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Because I think sometimes if the ratios are wrong, it is like hint of flavor with ice shards or like a bunch of snow or something.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, exactly, so that's you know, not not probably not a popular opinion.
Speaker 2: What about a slurpy? You know, we just are slurpy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was going to say slurpy.
Speaker 5: Right, it's eleven one. Shit, myr is seven eleven.
Speaker 1: Oh someone's wheels are turning now, I'm like, how.
Speaker 4: Do I get a seven eleven? Like I love a slurpee, but again, like I think those first few SIPs are colder than they are flavorful. Once it kind of melts a little bit, then you're getting more of the delicious chemical syrup that makes us a special American drink.
Speaker 1: It has to be like ninety percent sweeter than it would otherwise, because yeah, it has to break through the overwhelming like the mouth feel that is just like I have snow in my mouth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I do.
Speaker 4: Like when you drink a slurpy, and I think other frozen drinks are similar, like there is an ability to kind of like suck up all the syrup and flavor and you're sometimes left with like a lighter color like I'm thinking of when I've drink, like had a slurpy and like then you're starting to see like oh, I'm sucking all the stuff from the bottom and then you're just left with this, like you know the concept of a flavor, crushed ice and like and you know it's like a whole.
Speaker 1: Yes, they flavored Liroi.
Speaker 4: Someone three rooms away says blueberries, and like that's what the flavor is, right, So yeah, I say, I think you know, there's a place and a time for something frozen. I do love a good slurpe, but I think they're overrated across the board.
Speaker 2: Frozen glass of rose better than froze, Yes.
Speaker 4: One hundred percent, and you'll get drunker fester. And isn't that what we're all after when we're having frozen alcoholic drinks?
Speaker 1: Truly? Truly? When someone so I froze, I guess probably missed me. Like do they serve it in the Yeah, it's got their thing everyone doing.
Speaker 2: It's like the new thing, especially in La with because it's that they heat. It's like there's froze. There's like frozen poalomas. Everywhere, there's frozen for gronies I've seen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like that's it's like the opposite of what a negroni is supposed to be about. I made froze at home a few years ago. Right, total plasts three kinds of alcohol. I made frose at home a few years ago. It's super easy too, Like you could just buy cheap rose and make ice cubes out of it and then blend that up with a little more wine and suddenly have frozen wine.
Speaker 1: There. It is. What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 4: I'm going to stick on a food kick here since I brought up drinks Parmesan goldfish. I don't know if people encounter these.
Speaker 1: Wow very often.
Speaker 4: They are harder to find. I have a bodega near me that does keep them sometimes. I just poured a bunch of my mouth before we started recording this. Actually, but it's just a nice like it's subtler than cheddar. But it's like a little more interesting than just like a plane cracker. Right, They're terrific if you see them. They have a green package.
Speaker 5: Yeah, get the parmesan goldfish.
Speaker 1: I'm such a goldfish purist, Like I don't even eat the flavor blasted ones.
Speaker 5: I tryed it to be overwhelming.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're a little I'm like, I'm a kid at heart who just remembers like the big carton being poured into my wax Dixie cup for snack time, and I just always want to like recreate that. But I've always I've never I don't think I've ever had the one, and I see it all the time, but I've just I'm ignorant.
Speaker 1: I'm like albino goldfish. Yeah, yeah, they look they's subtle. I am going to try them now, I've always steered clear. Oh no, it's unnatural.
Speaker 4: I it does feel like one, you know, goldfish are supposed to be me on orange and these are not. And two, like, you know, parmesan is just like not a flavor I associate with a snack food that's like geared towards children.
Speaker 1: Like I don't think I'm.
Speaker 4: Like kids being like is this parmesan or pepperino? Like you like they don't. I don't that like very like nutty earthiness is not something I think kids are like really chasing after.
Speaker 5: But I'm an adult and I love them.
Speaker 1: The goldfish for your SHARKTERI board absolutely do you have the old fish? All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back to talk about some news and we're back. And my pillow guy, we love him, don't we? Folks. Oh yeah, he's he he. He hasn't really been in the news much lately after he just kind of quieted down for a while, but he does seem to be firmly in the find out phase of fucking around him finding out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, you know, he had quite a run during the Trump presidency. You know, he went from wacky racist loser that sells pillows on TV to wacky racist loser that sells pillows on Fox News segments.
Speaker 1: Love from the commercials into the car. Is anyone I've done that before? I don't.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, that is a glow up, you know, like a huge glow, game recognized game and show business. Look, you went from being the person who was paying to be on the show to just somehow being on the show because you were willing to say whatever the fuck was going on. And his love of Trump was the engine that drove him upwards and ultimately the catalyst for his professional implosion.
Speaker 1: And that never happens with people who partner up with Trump. It's so weird.
Speaker 2: It usually ends with you ascending to the highest heights. But you know, he's been one of the most vocal proponents of the Big Lie and he did countless live streams. We talked about the conventions he held and like where he was like, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To show you guys, like the real thing that's going on.
Speaker 2: Here, and that like never came to fruition and none of that happened. And his boner for up ending democracy has also cost him his business because multiple big big box retailers and websites have decided to no longer carry My Pillow products. He says his revenues have fallen by about one hundred million dollars. Now I'm just like, yeah, was.
Speaker 5: He making that much money?
Speaker 4: Like, I'm just so confused by that business, Like was it really successful?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Apparently.
Speaker 2: I mean let's see, I mean you can't really believe anything he said, but let's see what was what kind of revenues are there making in twenty nineteen seventeen point three ish? So I don't know what a hundred means. It sounds like a bit of hyperbole, but it did go from a like a multimillion dollar business too. Now he is trying to liquidate all of the equipment and furniture in his fucking factory. He's recently listed more than quote eight hundred and fifty surplus equipment items on an online auction site k bid. Sewing machines, industrial fabric spreaders, forklifts, even desks and chairs are up for auction. And not only that, he's had to find like shit for his employees to do because business has slowed to like a fucking halt. Some people he moved over to like his online marketplace or they saw all kinds of crap, and some have been like shifted to his addiction and recovery bit business like.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you go from the trails. Yeah, that bowls goosebumps. Oh yeah, you're like imagining his addiction and recovery business like.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly, and then having like someone who was working on making bad pillows be like in charge of anything there, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Giving you your methods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Man, Apparently like he's like he said, he's worried, like you know, if some employees might leave because they don't like what they're doing. Now, yeah, that kind of makes sense. He said, so far he hasn't had to fire anybody. I don't know how true that is. But this is all while dominion is suing him. Dominion voting systems is suing him because of his participation in all the election lies for one billion dollars and this other thing that happened. Recently, another court ruled in arbitration that he had to cough up five million dollars to a software engineer who won a contest called Prove Mike Lindell Wrong and win five million dollars put on by Mike Lindell, who said, I dare anyone to go through this data set and show me that there's that there's no gobbledygook malarkey going on. This software engineer proved that and said where's my five million? He didn't pay, and now the court says, yeah.
Speaker 1: Motherfucker, you have to pay. And he called the ruling frivolous.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: He's kind of in a Yeah, left on my pillow. Has anyone ever like seen one.
Speaker 1: Pillow?
Speaker 5: I'm so curious as to.
Speaker 4: Like what it's like, Like is it a regular pillow?
Speaker 5: Is it a memory foam pillow? Like I don't understand what he was selling to start with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember when when he first came on the scene, like people saying that it's more of like a marketing machine, and yeah, a pretty unremarkable pillow. Yeah, there's good and bad pillows.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just he doesn't also give me the kind of vision of someone who understands sleep like he he seems like twenty four hours a day on speed, like him and Trump are just like all right, let's do this, and.
Speaker 2: Truly like he's been open. He's like, yeah, he's just smoke crack like yeah, and I'm now I'm in recovery. So and I know a little bit about pillows.
Speaker 1: And You're like, I don't know if you're like a guy with a pushbrow mustache is the one.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, yeah, what about pillows? Like I'll ask him about like I don't know, seat cushions for like truck drivers or something like that. Right, what's good for my final spine and neck health?
Speaker 4: But I wonder what got him into the pillow game to start with, such an odd business to try and break into.
Speaker 1: I vaguely remember when we were first covering him, like his origin story had something to do with like him being up for like days at a time and like that having something to do. So he's like, so, I know pillows because I've like tried to sleep well going through with drawls or something something something along those lines.
Speaker 2: Apparently he liket, he sold up some bars that he owned and mortgaged his house to he I guess he apparently hands sewed the pillows himself in the beginning and handled all the sales with some help from his family to himself.
Speaker 1: No he didn't. Yeah, I don't know, complete bullshit.
Speaker 2: But this is where this but it's a grift because at the end of the day he was going on Fox talking about like you got fibromyalgia, you got MS, these pillows will help without any support, like scientific evidence. And so that was how like momentum started going where people are like these are like the pillows that you need, when in fact they're.
Speaker 5: Just just regular old.
Speaker 2: Pillows're just buying election denying pillows. But yeah, you know, you hate to see if folks, he's gone from you know, one of the one of the best we had on Fox News to now selling industrial fabric spreaders on an auction.
Speaker 1: All yeah, all right, p P for pillow rest and pillow rest and pillow. He does seem like one of these people who just was able to lie successfully for fifteen years in a row, just full breaks or full all gas no breaks on like just I lie and like keep getting richer, and it just he just wasn't able to like switch to a different gear and it just like drove over a cliff. So you really have to feel sorry for him, folks. Yeah, I'm saying here he was blinded by his own privilege. He didn't know what he was doing. He was getting away with it for so long. That's not fair, taking out a mortgage on your own house, like starting out in a fucking garage, hand creating the product like Steve Jobs start out in a garage, just like melding together the different parts for that. But like these are all bullshit stories that are in every person, like every successful company's origin story, and it's always like the truth is like they took out a loan from their dead or their dead's rich friend. You know, Yeah, a guy I met golfing.
Speaker 2: If you're looking for a massage table, he's also selling massage tables. Were five bucks?
Speaker 5: What were those a part of? Were they no idea business.
Speaker 2: No idea, no idea? Who used them?
Speaker 1: And for what?
Speaker 5: Per Like it's just mine, but you can have it. I need five bucks?
Speaker 1: God? What could his addiction and recovery business be? Like he just seems like a person who, like in recovery, seems to fully embody the drug he was abusing, which I don't know how you pull that off necessarily. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Does it have a name? Does his recovery program have a name? Like I kind of need him to have every business he starts, of which I assume there's going to be many over the years, be like branded as like my blank.
Speaker 2: Like it's called the Lindell Recovery Network. It's a ridiction it's an addiction resource organization. That's how another drift where I don't think they're probably being like, here, we'll connect you with a group of businesses that we can also profit from if you're have the misfortune of coming to this website looking for help.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh, are you addicted to crack? Do you need a forklift for cheap? Those are just you.
Speaker 1: We'll throw on a forklift for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Like I mean, we could do some therapy to kind of get to the root of your trauma, but I think you just need.
Speaker 1: A massage table, like work out.
Speaker 2: Some of those king you want to buy some Stanzo brand for doors, they think, but they're great. There's Stanzos, man, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta take them all. You gotta take all tables. Sorry, there's no deal. The deals be chearing on mine, just fucking you all right, big like kind of embarrassing feats of masculinity, of like insecure masculinity. Seem to be having a real moment right now, just generally, like with Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg getting most of the attention with their like I'll beat you up. No, I'll beat you up my mom, sois you up? So let's compare penises? Did his mom sign off on the comparing penises thing? Yeah? Apparently it was her idea, why don't you show how big your penis is? Elon?
Speaker 2: Just like we said, don't fight, just pull your penis out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 4: He always solve your her husband that Yeah, and we wouldn't have to deal with Elon Musk.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's also it's bleeding its way over into politics of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you'd argue that that's it's been like this since Trump took over the party, where like you know, Josh Holly, we saw him be.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, there's my book about being a man.
Speaker 2: But yeah, like right now, right we saw we talked about Rfk junior looking like he was pumping weight in the fucking prison yard and like how I was like, whoa shit, rfk's.
Speaker 1: Fucking ripped FK.
Speaker 2: And then we also there's Governor a Asa Hutchinson who's also running. He recently just casually bragged He's like, yeah, I'm seventy two, but I still play full court basketball. You're like, okay, all right, Like have you seen them all? He's actually like really good. No, I want to dude, I wish I could play Asa Hutchinson. I would twist his ass up so bad. And I'm not even that good at basketball, but I know he is. He is not that quick. So there's Vivid Ramaswami, who is like the thirty seven year old GOP guy running. He's like been he's been making it his thing that he's like, so.
Speaker 1: I'm so good at tennis. I can beat former collegiate tennis players.
Speaker 2: He recently described his He even had to say this, put this quote on wax. He said, I'm probably about the level of somebody who was I don't know if they were a Division one college tennis player, but they were like maybe five to ten years out. Like seriously, he's saying that like on his like you know, stump stops as he's running for president.
Speaker 1: And the whole platform. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then we have Miami mayor Francis Suarez is also running. He's the latest to talk up ball Sack by bragging about how he crushed a five k race. He said, name another presidential candidate who can play sixth in a five k with a twenty four and a half minute run time go, which led a lot of avid runners to do a bit of quick maths on Twitter point out he was basically doing about an eight minute mile time, like, which is good.
Speaker 1: That would be really good for me.
Speaker 5: That'd be good for me, but like I'm not bragging about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I also would for president on what people.
Speaker 4: Do after Thanksgiving? Like, yes, Thanksgiving exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay, you kept it up for for three miles, but then a lot of people said, you actually placed eighty seventh overall, and you placed sixth in the forty five to forty nine age group.
Speaker 1: Specifically there were ten people in that age.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then other people were like Pete Buddha Judge actually run a rent up a half marathon at this Like people started climbing back in all kinds of ways and then run of Ramaswami staffers even hopped in to brag about their boss's running prowess, which then led Suarez to challenging Ramaswami to a fucking jogging duel.
Speaker 5: Jogging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is so, this is which is all to say, we are firmly like in this era where the projection of power is like more important than actually knowing what the fuck you were doing as a legislator, and whether it's like shooting machine guns in your campaign ads or challenging other candidates like a push up contest. I know Biden was thinking, like, let's do some push ups.
Speaker 1: Trump.
Speaker 2: It's all just a proverbial, you know, dick mession contest.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of it. Why we have such like manly figures at the head of both parties Biden and Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, health, which which is what most people are saying that like, this is probably because the fact that both parties aren't thrilled in the fact that their front runners are far from their prime in terms of physical fitness. That now this is becoming the new currency, especially in the GOP, to be like okay, yeah, I'm obviously younger, but like check out my sick forehand on the tennis court, like what Yeah, also.
Speaker 4: Like bragging about the things you do that are like physically like I think, be healthy, do things you want to do. But I'm like, how much time of day are you doing politics? And how much time a day are you doing exercise? Like that's I'm just like I don't know. Like you look at RFK and I'm like, good for him whatever, he's in good shape, but I'm like, you're old.
Speaker 5: How much time did it take to get that ripped? And like seventeen hours a day anything else with that time?
Speaker 4: I don't trust it. I mean in a million reasons, I don't trust him. But like right, right, right, it's just such an odd thing to like bring into that. I mean we know why because like masculinity is of course the only quote unquote way to be powerful. But course it seems so odd to not ever consider political prowess as something that any of them should brag about.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Completely, it's just like how what's your mile pace in a five k?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 2: And it's not even like I get eight minutes is nothing? Isn't this is great? But it's not like this guy was like he's like I kept a six and a half minute mile time up for three at miles. Then you're like, oh, okay, maybe I don't know why. It just reminded me of like my mile time in high school when I hated to run the mile and I was like the best I ever did was like seven minutes. So I'll hold on to my best performance at sixteen years old, y and compare that to a forty five year old adult. Yeah, yeah, I'm better.
Speaker 1: But I feel like, first of all, like we've seen this well, we've seen this with like the liver King and like people online who are just selling an image of steroid enhanced image and then claiming that it's from like eating naturally. But like we've also seen it with like just how horny Trump is for like big muscular arms, Like yeah, just always loves to reference.
Speaker 2: I'm curious, like if there was a GOP candidate who like just started wearing sleeveless shirts and was like pretty jacked, Like yeah, what that would do to the polling?
Speaker 1: Like and it would immediately make him as vice presidential people, I know That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like, I'm just curious because no one is like necessarily like an overtly like Giga Chad super ask dude, who's like in the race?
Speaker 1: And I feel, are you assuming that Desanta is gonna drop out? Did I see that?
Speaker 2: What I'm actually presuming is he's about to tear those sleeves off at his next press conference. He's like, it's getting a little hot in here, half, folks. It just has like the stringy ast arms. But we'll see, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Shorts with like a long sleeved shirt on the beach.
Speaker 4: So yeah, we've seen him in a short sleeve shirt with a vest over it.
Speaker 5: Though.
Speaker 4: I mean he's yeah, he's shown us what he's got. It's under those white boots. He's all calves.
Speaker 1: He's all calves. Yeah, he's got legs like Dikon radishes. I don't really even know what that means.
Speaker 2: That's the thing we say in Japanese like got is like, have you seen a Dikon raddish.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna here, I'll play it or not play it. This is a Dikon Raddish. Oh yeah, just chubby little Yeah. Yeah, you got like a una calf. You call that a dicon anyway.
Speaker 2: So I'm bringing my own cold surely toxic phrases to this show that you can spread around with your friends.
Speaker 1: But this is a way we've talked about how we like see different ways that the eighties are coming back with. Like the last time that fascism was this openly embraced in the United States, we were of course like obsessed with like bodybuilders became our movie stars. Cocaine was everywhere, and those have been two of the stories in the past. I think week that like cocaine is super popular again, and now like even politicians feel the need to be like jacked. I know, like someone be like I was actually an envoy for the un to the talent that they're like, yeah, see.
Speaker 2: Those tri SEPs, because that's trying to do The tries are for the guys. People know that that's where the respect comes from when.
Speaker 1: They see that horseshoe try sep. Bro it's over. It's over for Trump. All right, let's take another quick break and we'll come back and talk about the ORB. I'm into this ORB, you guys, And we're back. And did we talk about the ORB yesterday's episode? I feel like so Miles and I were in Las Vegas over the weekend.
Speaker 4: For the first time as an adult, like a couple of weeks ago, did you see the Yes, But it wasn't kind of like as up and running as it is now.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 5: I was there in May, so it wasn't like turned on it. I was turned on seeing the ORB, but like it wasn't turned on.
Speaker 1: I was kind of turned on seeing the ORB. I have to say, like I was when so when it was insight on the horizon or like in you know, like insight line of where we were in the city. I looking at it when we weren't, I was showing miles pictures of it from like on my phone. I was like, yoh, but look at this.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, from earlier when we looked at the cards, like yeah, but this is that picture of it.
Speaker 1: This is a picture of it. This is a video. You can kind of see that.
Speaker 2: And I remember, I think when you're leaving the Thomas and Maxtter's like Jack, Blude, look the ORB and you're like where.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was so excited because it is I don't know, it just makes the Vegas Skyliner. I'm assuming it's going to show up in a lot of other places, but it makes everything around you look photoshopped.
Speaker 2: There what is the orb even because like I've just all I know of it was like that it was an LED display that's just a gigantic like hemispherical thing.
Speaker 1: But what yeah, yeah, so it's not yet, but it's coming and it's going to be. It's going to be a concert venue where like uh, you know, so you Too is on on slate to like be the first show and do like a big show that involves Bono holding a handheld camera up to his face and like then the whole city of Las Vegas needs to see it. The guy loves to be like look how big my fucking face is? You got? Or but yeah, so they have that planned. They also have they're working with Darren Aronofsky to like show I think one of his movies you imagine as the Whale.
Speaker 7: But oh check out Requiem for a Dream in the Night, which seems like the sort of thing is gonna make James Cameron so jealous.
Speaker 4: But like what like when you say, like show a movie like on the outside or on the inside, like if you're just like driving through Las Vegas or you're gonna be like, oh cool Black Swan, like is it right?
Speaker 1: Like well, being that that is one of the objections people. That is one of the objections people have is that like it is so strange looking like you there's you know, you're looking at a skyline, hazy buildings, and then somebody has photoshopped this like high definition basketball just sitting there like slowly spinning, like you could just reach out and pick it up, like with.
Speaker 8: The eyeball was yeah, eyeball was crazy, freaky, was really cool.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so it's but people are objecting that that's like a huge distraction to drivers, like who are already distracted also right on this trip.
Speaker 4: I imagine that a lot of people treat Las Vegas the way I did for my first visit as an adult, which is I was on drugs the whole time. Like I was just popping at a balls and sipping on wine and had my friends and I went to go see Rod Stewart for my thirty ninth birth day.
Speaker 5: And it was the best thing I've ever done. It was so much fun.
Speaker 1: He still got it.
Speaker 4: He's still got it. He's out there, he's performing, he's dancing. He needs a lot of breaks, but he's doing it. But like I was already seconds, He's like I'm gonna sit down, but he's still dancing. He still hits a lot of the notes. But like, just the colors and the lights of everything else in Las Vegas was overwhelming to my gummies in like filled. I was like, oh no, I'm overwhelmed in every way that I could possibly be.
Speaker 5: And I don't know.
Speaker 4: If I was stoned and saw the ORB, I think I'd explode off this planet.
Speaker 5: I just want to be able to deal with anything anymore.
Speaker 1: Because there's like a jike the inside of it in the venue will also just be a big screen, right like sixteen LED sixteen thousand LED lights screen. I don't know what that which wraps over and around much of the audience that's augment the constant experience with trippy animations or close ups of the performance.
Speaker 2: No, no, they feel like sixteen K as in four times four K, likes like there's four K the resolution, there's eight K, and then there's fucking sixteen K because that gigantic and well high definition that sh it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is the thing. It's just the highest definition giant thing that you've ever seen. Seems to be like what its trick is.
Speaker 5: But I don't like it. I'll say, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: And I do you know I want to have Yeah, I want to have the drug freakouts in there though, just to just experience that when it's.
Speaker 1: Like and now it's turned into a t rex mouth and I'm like, d no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: But at least I want to go through that just so I can have that experience and then I'll run out into the street screaming.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I didn't even like seeing the Luxore. I was like, are we in Egypt?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: What's happening? Like it's overwhelmed, too confused the whole time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it is really disoriented. It's people should go at some point before it is no longer a thing that is possible, or, as Miles suggested, maybe it is just the future that we're all going to be living in where you like walk from one building to another inside air conditioned corridor as well, the O side is completely uninhabitable.
Speaker 2: That sounds right, And you need a sixteen K definite definition ORB screen above you to recreate the sky. So you're like, I'm outside, but.
Speaker 1: I feel like every city is going to have one of these within like twenty years, Like do you think so?
Speaker 2: You think the or the sphere. The ORB is the way of the future.
Speaker 1: I think. So I think I think like this is going to be the first little piece of like blade Runner technology that's going to make everything around us seem super fucking surreal and like yeah, just like mess with your depth perception and like yeah, right, right, right, right, Well, I welcome the ORB.
Speaker 4: I mean, we're gonna have to. I don't want to say anything bad about the ORB now, right.
Speaker 1: We should have known when when Trump went to Saudi Arabia and they gave him that ORB. Yeah, we're living in the ORB the period of the orb Our era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're in our ORB era. Oh well, invest in orbs, folks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the ORB is actually brought to you by James Dolan, the owner inheritor of the Knicks and the Madison Square Garden. Yeah. Fortune, So you know what, one of our favorite people, one of our favorite US singers on this Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean we talk all the time about how hip hop wa came out of New York, but I argue that James Dolan's contribution to music are probably the biggest contributions to music New York has ever made.
Speaker 1: You don't really see him quite yet, but they're they're come yeah and yeah, oh man, they probably are like every every billionaire will have a band with just like embarrassed looking like the Saints musitions.
Speaker 2: Wait, Jack, what's the over under on JD in the straight shot James Dolan's band being like one of the first bands to perform there or have a fucking residency at the ORB, because they're definitely opening for you if he's because like he's forced people at Madison Square Garden if they want to do a show there, that his band will open for this show.
Speaker 1: So I didn't force anyone. The Eagles wanted him to open for them because they respect him as a musician.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, allegedly, So now I can see how he'll be like, oh yeah, I mean like you want in the or JD in the street shot, we're opening?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how about that? But it's like privately traded like it they spun it off from their company. It's its own thing. Now. It's very weird and surreal and all feels like it's out of a like sci fi novel that hasn't like really been thought through very much, just like a very half baked idea. Yeah, I don't know, maybe like some orbs or something, and they like look like they're right there, but they're not.
Speaker 5: Yeah. And then there's concerts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then there's concerts and Darren Aronofski films. I feel like James Cameron has to be so jealous of this, Like this first feels like.
Speaker 2: It's he's probably sitting on the ORB for sure, you know what I mean, He's like, oh, that's you think that's novel. I actually saw Tie Tannic with my own eyes, you know, like he's like, fuck all fuck out of here with this ORB stuff.
Speaker 1: But then SAME's I want Alvatar to be played on the ORB. Yeah, all right? Should we talk about Barbenheimer? Please? Are you guys, what do you have plans for seeing these films that you've like laid out as of yet or no? But I will see them. I will see both of them in theaters. I don't feel the need to turn it into an endurance event. But she is reporting that more than twenty thousand fans will be catching a double feature of both movies on July twenty second. I'm only followed by an immediate cat skam.
Speaker 4: I mean, I like, I don't like being look aside from being asleep lying down, there's nothing I want to do for five straight hours? Like it just yeah, are they taking a break? Like I want to know what showings these people are seeing. Are they taking like an hour to like go outside and like refocus their eyes, Like I leave a movie theater and I'm like I got to just go back into the dark for a while.
Speaker 2: Right, do you get a discount even or they're just saying they know that people have been buying, like they can just tell people people the same Okay, I thought AMC is also like, hey, you want to really kind of fuck yourself up. We're selling double features to Barbenheimer hopp.
Speaker 1: I mean the Internet's doing that for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like people have created like amazing movie posters Barbenheimer with there's this one that will look off to on the footnotes. That's really cool.
Speaker 4: I saw someone refer to it as Boppenheimer, which I think I prefer. Boppenheimer is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but are we giving enough respect to the barb part of it?
Speaker 4: By I think the fact that like the B is the iconic like Barbie letter, Like I'm reading it Boppenheimer all in Barbie font.
Speaker 1: I like Boppenheimer better too, and also the better, like it feels more fun. Barbie is kind of bopping around out there, so it kind of feels feels like it evokes Barbie even more than Barbenheim.
Speaker 2: So we'll go for Boppenheimer from here on out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the internet is settled on Barbenheimer because you can create a T shirt that has split directly down the middle and has Barbie on like just on one side and Enheimer on the other. So the merch cells itself, folks, it really does truly.
Speaker 4: Now call me when they make a doll out of Silly and Murphy, I never know how to say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we found out it was killing and it really fucked me up. I've been wrong all along, makes him seem more sinister.
Speaker 5: Yes, it really does.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, but yeah, so totally different. Obviously. The only thing they haven't common is the release date. And so I have a feeling that people I don't know, I've I could be wrong. People Like the early reviews for Barbie are coming out, like the word of mouth reviews, and they're like it's a blast and it's like really fun.
Speaker 5: You would think that Oppenheimer would be the blast.
Speaker 1: I am, I folks, all right, we'll end the episode there. So early reviews this is from something like talking about the first Barbie screening. Early reviews called the film bombastic and a triumph and praise the craftsmanship of the costume and set design, as well as the nuanced commentary of the script that displays the highs and lows of the existentialism of Barbie and Ken's lives. So like that confirms to me, like if there are existential questions being asked, I do think people in setting up this dichotomy, are you know, they're overestimating how much Barbie is going to be just a straight shot of like pixie stick sugar, you know, like they just think it's going to be pure pink glitter. And I just don't think Greta Gerwig and you know, Noah Bomback co wrote it with her, Like that doesn't feel like they're vibe like he's never been a good time at the movies. But I feel like, and so I'm sure there's gonna I'm sure on its own maybe people would be like, yeah, but it's like really fun and stuff. But people who like see Oppenheimer and then Barbie are gonna be like, oh, this is awesome. Asks like dark that might fuck you up. I mean, maybe you have to chase it with like Oppenheimer, like you're like, fuck it, yeah, and then you're like, yeah, man, this is where because I'd imagine you watch Oppenheimer and you're like, what did he open the door to?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you go to like Barbie when you're like and you still have that in the back of your mind, You're like, oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like what is the existence of being a woman or a man in our culture? Like I do feel like cretick Away is gonna pose some pretty heavy questions I think with Barbie and do you guys think there's an ideal order would you go one? If if you had to see both of them in a double feature, which which way would you do it?
Speaker 2: I feel like most people say chase Barbie. You're chasing Oppenheimer with Barbie, because that's at least less on its face.
Speaker 1: About the dawn of atomic weapons.
Speaker 2: So, but I don't know, pardon I've always said, like, let's just go all in, like just watch Barbie, get your mind ready for the three hour what like just mind fuck that Oppenheimer could be. So I'm saying personally, I would Chase Barbie with Oppenheimer.
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but you do.
Speaker 5: Barbie than Oppenheimer.
Speaker 4: I think I would do this also, like I'm personally more interested in the Barbie movie, so I would want to be fresh for that one.
Speaker 5: And like, I don't know, like I think I'm gonna like get Oppenheimer, like even if I'm like half.
Speaker 2: Paying at right right, right, yeah, yeah, filmmaker, he's already out. There's no CG in this film, Like we.
Speaker 1: Know, dude, I always do it, and I know you're really proud, proud that you made a mushroom cloud ornanically like that without.
Speaker 4: Care.
Speaker 2: The other thing, the only thing that like got me just because of my like I don't know, I just I love like the movie making kind of magic kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: Was someone showed the IMAX print of Oppenheimer the three hours.
Speaker 5: Oh I saw that.
Speaker 2: It's thirty hundred pounds I think eleven miles.
Speaker 1: Long or something like that. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's something like that's the length of Manhattan. And yeah, that's great marketing. So yeah, and then just be like and that translates into three hours of your day. The only thing is I just don't think physically I'm capable of actually doing.
Speaker 1: A double feature, Like, yeah, I don't think I can, as.
Speaker 2: Much as I say that, Like, I don't even know if I could do it like consecutive days, like maybe a Friday and then a Sunday, or maybe just one week than the next, cause I'm it's been a while since I've even watched movies that close to each other.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I also can't go like five hours without talking.
Speaker 4: I'd be like, I want to talk to someone Like Also, that's the thing is like after I think either of those movies, the point is you want to talk about them, Like, yeah, after I see Barbie, I want to like go to the bar with my friends and like spend two hours talking about the movie, and I think Appenheimer, I'll probably have something to say after it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's a tall order.
Speaker 1: Tom Cruise made the the Boppenheimer thing official because he did his like I love movies, God damn it. How fucking greater are movies? Everyone? Thing? He tweeted out, this summer is full of amazing movies to see in theaters. Congratulations Harrison Ford on forty years of Indy. I love a double feature and it doesn't get more explosive or more pink than one with Oppenheimer and Barbie and then like tweeted out a picture of him and I don't know who that is next to him, maybe Christopher macquarie holding up the tickets to prove like we've done it, We're gonna really do this damn thing. And then Margot Robbie and Greta Gerwig did the same thing with like standing in front of the Oppenheimer thing poster with just like oh yeah, smiles on their face, like ye, like we're Tom Cruise Himer. So fun. So the theory because I have wondered this, I've been like, why did they do this?
Speaker 2: Like it's like Chris Nolan's pissed something that came out today that said like he's been telling people that he's not happy with the sharing the same release.
Speaker 1: So this is his first movie that's not with Warner Brothers. His whole career has been with Warner Brothers. There was the tenant thing where you know it didn't it came out during the pandemic. He insisted like it had to come out in theaters. They did that, and like nobody felt comfortable going to movie theaters really and so like it just did bad. And then they released a bunch of movies simultaneously on HBO Max and he like shit all over them and said, some of our industries biggest filmmakers and most important movie stars went to bed the night before thinking they were working for the greatest movie studio and woke up to find out they were working for the worst streaming service. Oh, shots fired. Get the worst streaming service. Feels like a little petulant.
Speaker 5: Like they're all jocking for first place at all times.
Speaker 1: Right, I like you're like, whoa, whoa, let's not come at HBO, Matt.
Speaker 8: We leave Zaslava alone where we're so then he took this film over to Universal and people are speculating that because Barbie is Warner Brothers and like mid July is known as like when Christopher Nolan movies come out and everybody just clears the fuck out and doesn't release anything around then, And Warner Brothers was like, we've got a we got a winner here with this Barbie movie, and fuck you, Christopher Nolan is the working theory.
Speaker 1: Ah, so yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a verbial Adam was split, so to speak, the tenant really yeah, and here we are huh huh interesting.
Speaker 1: Publicly, he's saying someone was like, I told my theory that Barbenheimer was born through the complex history he has with Warner Brothers, and he said, now you know, I must now you must know. I'm not going to answer that question, he said, with a chuckle, only to say, those who care about the theatrical experience, we've been longing for a crowded marketplaces with a lot of different movies. That's what theaters have now. And those of us who care about movies are thrilled about that. That statement was written by Tom Cruise, and then accordingly it was no, but it just feels like it. It feels like he took that directly Tom Cruise, reading from a Tom Cruise quote. But then, like sources familiar with the matter said, Nolan wasn't nearly as diplomatic in a stance behind the scenes. They told an insider he was upset that Warner Brothers dated Barbie the same weekend as Oppenheimer, especially since mid July has been known in the movie business as no weekend. It's my weekend. Barbie shut up.
Speaker 5: Like a twenty five year old girl having a birthday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my Weekend. Yeah, it's like that Kim Kardashian thing.
Speaker 2: You took my wedding country and my wedding singer, Like, oh my god, full shut up. And now I hope Barbie puts a smack on Yeah me too, Yeah go cry. I think it's funny too, because like I used to be like a former like Nolan fuck boy, who was like, yo, dude, he doesn't you see g dude is sick of shit ever and then like after a while, like it just really worth it on me, and I'm like, I don't know, like I haven't even seen the last few films that he's made. You No, I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Think about that word. It's the same ford and backwards, the fucking palindrome. What the fuck? All right now I'm back dude. This guy is fucking genius.
Speaker 5: Man, Wait, don't I tell you about a website called kayak.
Speaker 1: Who a man a plan a canal? Panama? Damn go hang a saloon? That's my fat? Is that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Is that haagna? Hog is the longest palidrome that I'm.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's a pretty good one.
Speaker 1: It has to be a palindrome measuring contest. If fucking Nolan just knew that palindrome, that's what he would have called. The freaking movie's been a success. We would be in this matter.
Speaker 4: I'd buy a ticket to see that movie with COVID going on, wait, what what is it again?
Speaker 1: I'm a sold what is it? Go hang a salami? I'm a lasagna hog.
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 1: What would that film be about? If he really went there? It's about I think you should have been the exact time. Secret code word for the mission is go hang a salami. I'm alda zagna hug. But it's about often completely. Yeah, amazing, Well, Allison, it's been such a pleasure having you on the daily Zeitchgist. Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 4: I am on Instagram and Twitter still allegedly at Alison lby a l I s O n l ib. Why I'm on TikTok. I don't post.
Speaker 5: I'm just there lurking.
Speaker 4: And you can listen to my podcast Ruined, which I do with the very funny Hallie Keefer, who I think has been on the show possibly and if not, maybe one day, where we I'm afraid of horror movies and I never ever ever want to watch them. They terrify the crap out of me, but she is obsessed with them, and so every episode she tells me the plot of a different movie that I refuse to see. So if you love more, she's like a student of the genre and such a talented storyteller and so funny.
Speaker 5: And if you don't like horror, but you want to know what happens.
Speaker 4: In these movies, this is better than reading the Wikipedia entry, which I had been doing for years before we start doing this.
Speaker 5: So that's Ruined.
Speaker 4: And you can find us at Ruined Podcast on social media and wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 5: And we're owned by a crooked media, which we love them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I love having video games described to me. I don't play them, but I love having Yeah described to me. There's something like really nice about that. Or yeah, like having a movie plot, like even if it's ruined, I don't give a shit if I watch Yeah, I'll forget or I'll enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just I don't you know, I just like information.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, And is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 4: A Twitter and Instagram account that I'm obsessed with called the share Zone.
Speaker 5: Are we familiar with to share zone.
Speaker 4: I've never related more to any human or entity the way I relate to what this social media account does.
Speaker 5: It's like folk. It's like art that someone makes that's like very like skeleton forward and uh, and then there's writing over it and it's always pretty. It's pretty like pro union and anti doing anything. And the one that I saw today that just made me be like, I have to talk about this says I'm pretty sure all I need to fix my life is a cool sword, and I'm like, yeah, that's great.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, with all the skulls, Yeah, with all the skulls, and like a lot of like a lot of it is like steal from work. Who cares? It's like, yeah, that's great. I love that message. It's really fun. It really just genuinely makes me laugh every time I see any.
Speaker 5: Of the posts. Yeah, yeah, highly recommend a great follow.
Speaker 1: There you go, Miles, Where can people find you as their working media you've been enjoying? There is another that says, do you want me to quit fucking everything up? Me too, bitch.
Speaker 5: I am very apologetic. I'm like self deprecating.
Speaker 1: I think stupid.
Speaker 2: Find me at Miles of Gray wherever they got at symbols. That's including threads where I'm actually slightly more engaged there as I talked to people I went to high school and explain what I do for a living.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: And also find me, you know uh uh oh, find me on my new podcast which actually comes out today called The Good Thief. It's about It's a true crime adjacent podcast. It's about this guy Vasili's Paliocostas, who is like legit looked at as the Greek Robin Hood. He was kidnapping millionaires and giving money away and as a result became Interpol's Most Wanted He's like one of Interpol's most wanted fugitives. And the whole podcast is about learning about the man behind the myth and in search of him to maybe try and hear from this legend himself. So if you don't mind giving that a subscribe and a review, I would really appreciate that, Zeigang and all listeners as I take a dip into the more you know, traditional podcast space again and find us on our basketball podcast Molese Jack Got Mad Boosties.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: And also my ninety day fiance podcast was Sophie Alexander called four twenty Day Fiance let's see sweet. I like it was just kind of stupid. It's at Stephen Ray Morris. It's like an old tweet that I saw Andrew Tea like, but it came up on my timeline. It's it's just looks like a like a brontosaurus like looking longingly out of a window of a cars that's driving and says taking my dog for a nice drive today. The image of it just really looks like a dog just kind of looking out the window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: Shout out to shout out to the brontosaurse brontosaur.
Speaker 1: Some tweets I've been enjoying. Cathbarbadoro tweeted kind of cool. Helen Ryan Gosling's Ken we have the positive version of a method actor becoming the joker. Every pr quote from him is incomprehensible. He went to method for Barbie and now his brain doesn't work. People like that is the thing. The initial response to the movie is like, he's fucking incredible in this one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm on board. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore O'Brien. You can find us on Twitter at daily zeikeist for at the daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have a Facebook fan page and a website daily zeikeist dot com. We post our episodes and our footnote. We're link off the information that we talked about in today is episode, as well as a song that we think you might enjoy. Miles, what is a song do you think people might enjoy? Uh? Yeah, we're gonna go out on another track.
Speaker 2: I was I think we did a song off of one of the Flu mixtapes recently, but this is another one called things Don't Always Go the way You plan.
Speaker 1: It's featuring Injury Reserve.
Speaker 2: It's just kind of a dope or no, this is sorry, sorry, sorry, this is the titular track off that album. I was referencing another song, but yeah, check this track out. It's uh, it's just dope. I've just been getting I've always liked Flume, like many years ago, and I didn't realize how much music is still being made. So just a little bit of electronic, chaotic production for you. And just as we enter the weekend slowly, I know it's hump day, but you know we're getting over again right now, we're.
Speaker 5: Getting gentsal glide into the weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right well. The daily Zeitgei is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts my heart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That's going to do a press this morning, back this afternoon to tell you what is trending and we will talk to you all then bye, good bye,