Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answered my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started. I've even used Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started Stockton Mortgage MLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Hour two of Kentucky Sports Radio, present it by Stockton Mortgage. Now here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 4: Welcome back Tucky Sports Radio.
Speaker 5: If I'm nine two twenty two eighty seven here on Oaks Day, uh, you know, I'd love to talk to you folks, but we also have a lot to say. So Kentucky Joe's on, I mean, I guess we'll let him do his Oaks pick.
Speaker 6: This is one Oaks tradition.
Speaker 5: He's good day of the year, so I'll aim do that, but otherwise we'll probably keep keep flying through.
Speaker 4: Patino's not on the phone. I assume, is that right now?
Speaker 7: You they got a Kentucky Joe ahead of Patino.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, sorry, Rick Oaks Day.
Speaker 7: He gotta wait, we gotta.
Speaker 5: Have people are saying to me, and I've heard this version that they like Towns van zant'ce version of dead Flowers. Better play that at the next segment, okay, in and we can see if people I love I love Towns van Zam. I don't know if I would say it's uh, it's better. I was just outside showing Mario, Uh, you know my house. We're not gonna say what street run, but uh he laughed about one of the funniest parts about my house, which is they took this little plot of land. Next to my house and they called it a park.
Speaker 6: Very little. That's supposed to be a park.
Speaker 4: It has a name.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to say what it is, but like that is is officially a park.
Speaker 8: That's two benches, So yeah, anymore, how long drew Like, listen, I love this neighborhood.
Speaker 5: I've been here for twenty or eighteen years. That is not a park, a park. What would you call it. It's a plot of land. It's like four houses of land, but small land.
Speaker 8: Call it your side yard, your yeah, sideyard.
Speaker 5: But it is a Lexington City park and people will excuse me, Louisville people in the neighborhood call it the park.
Speaker 8: Do people go there and sit?
Speaker 4: Yes, they're able to go there, Yes it's a park, But what do they do? Sit?
Speaker 5: And then you can't do there's one little path that I think I'd say that path is literally not even a block long, which you agree with.
Speaker 6: That less than a half a block probably.
Speaker 8: You can't even like throw a frisbee or a football.
Speaker 6: No, there's nothing you can do in that park, but you go and sit.
Speaker 5: I don't the people there are people who will the people who will walk.
Speaker 6: Their dog in that park.
Speaker 8: In the yard all right, that's not a park that took two minutes. What they do in the rest of the.
Speaker 4: Time, I don't know. I see people all the time. They take their kids and they play.
Speaker 6: Do they have a little picnic.
Speaker 5: I've never seen a picnic, but there are people that go there and they call it the park.
Speaker 4: It's got a sign that said preserve our parks.
Speaker 5: Shannon, Yeah, and it's they just it used to just be vacant laying and then they one day were like, we need a park, and they call it a park.
Speaker 4: It has to be the smallest park in America.
Speaker 7: What are you doing to preserve the park?
Speaker 5: Don't I just preserve it by asking them to please not come in my yard.
Speaker 6: You've lived it for eighteen years. Have you ever stepped foot in the park?
Speaker 5: I go up the handicap ramp sometimes to avoid my stairs. You see there's a handicap ramp there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And if I do that, if I don't want to walk up the stairs, like if I if I like have a suitcase I'm rolling or something, I'll rolling up the handicap.
Speaker 8: I guess it's good for property value. You're overlooking a park.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, you think you should say overlooking the park.
Speaker 6: Beautiful park right next door. Enjoy the beautiful setting.
Speaker 5: If people ever like people in this, if you're listing in Louisville on the Highlands, you know what I'm talking about, because I think it's a it's a it's a regular joke that they call that a park because Louisville has great parks, Like Louisville has one of the best park systems, probably of any I mean, they're Cherokee Park and there's an Iroquois.
Speaker 6: I mean, there's a lot of park, but that ain't one of them.
Speaker 5: That would That one, though, is on the list, and when they talk about all the parks, it'll be like Louisville has forty five parks.
Speaker 8: Just remember they count this as well. They're patting stats. Get their numbers of the matt Yard Park over here. Also, I was showing Mario a picture. That's the picture of me, Ryan and Drew when we went.
Speaker 6: To Alaska, the Alaska What year was.
Speaker 4: That that we took a ks R Alaska cruise twenty thirteen, twenty thirteen four area that area. I don't know why we've never done another.
Speaker 6: One of those.
Speaker 8: I would running back in a hard viat.
Speaker 5: It was awesome, so much fun. We had a KSR cruise invited the listeners probably had what forty or fifty listeners, got a lot of them. We didn't even really advertise it and people went. So if we really advertised.
Speaker 6: It now they sold out the allupment of hundreds and we.
Speaker 5: Went to an Alaska cruise and we went all the way up and down the bay and like looked at the glacier.
Speaker 4: It was great.
Speaker 5: But my memory of it is basically Mario that Drew got a stalker on.
Speaker 8: The wild on that trip.
Speaker 5: So Drew, it was an old people trip, right when you go to Alaska. The other people on the boat outside the KSR group were Awl. I was the youngest person on the back. We were Drew and I were by far the youngest people on the boat. Drew wolmost certainly was the youngest person on the boat. At night, they had a bar alound you could go and they would do karaoke and there was a woman. How do you think that woman was so you were probably at the time twenty nine, twenty eight, Yeah, mid mid to late twenties, and how do you think that woman was close to fifty? Yeah, late forties, early fifties put her in the forties somewhere she fell in love with Yeah, and she would dedicate her karaoke songs every night to Drew, just singing even though like we really hadn't ever talked, did Yeah, I didn't have any interact.
Speaker 4: But she had decided that she loved her.
Speaker 8: She wouldn't break eye contact while.
Speaker 5: She was She would sing karaoke and look directly into his eyes, very uncomfortable, and it was she would sing. The big song was walk Away Joe because she said he was a walk away Joe because he kept walking away from her.
Speaker 8: I would get to the other side of the boat as quickly as possible. You never actually talked to her, and talked to her once. And she doesn't have a home. She just travels on cruise ships.
Speaker 6: I forgot that part of the story.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she said like, well, I mean she may have at home, but she's like, I don't have any home base. The world is my home by traveler, and she just travels and she goes I meet. I think she looks for a Drew on every boat and she would sing to him. And so every time I hear walk Away Joe, I think about Drew and his lady.
Speaker 8: Well, I did talk to her because she invited me to the spa and I never had a massage, and it's very expensive on this cruise ship.
Speaker 4: So I thought, oh, you went.
Speaker 8: Yeah. I'm like, it's a forgot you went to the spa. I'm like, all right, she can't abduct me on a cruise ship. It's eleven am. How much trouble can we get in at eleven am? So I told her i'd meet her there. She's gonna put it on her tab whatever I wanted. I'd never even been to a spa. He was a sugar baby. So I get there and the people greet me and they're like, she's waiting for you. I'm like, okay, that's fine. I'm just gonna get this massage, you know, probably go see my friends after this. But then I just had to stand there and she would pick up an oil and smell it and look at me and be like, no, that's not him, and then then Hendry different, that's not him either, and just went through all these oils trying to find that. I didn't stay. I left. I didn't even get them to song. I was out.
Speaker 4: I didn't know you left.
Speaker 8: It was too much. I mean I was just standing there with two massuse people and her staring at me, trying to figure out which smell I was.
Speaker 4: You ever hear this song walk Away Joe.
Speaker 5: Just think about this woman singing to Drew directly on our way into Alaska.
Speaker 4: That was a great trip though. We got to do that again.
Speaker 6: What was the song? That wishy washy song they sang.
Speaker 8: When you had to sanitize, you had to sing a wishy, washy song?
Speaker 6: Is washy?
Speaker 4: Remember that? I do remember us performing.
Speaker 6: YMC Yes had Sweet Caroline.
Speaker 4: We all had. We all had to dress. We dressed as the village people. I gotta see that.
Speaker 6: I got that picture, you guys.
Speaker 8: I was.
Speaker 5: I think I was the construction worker. I don't know what Drew was, but we we all we.
Speaker 8: Performed a dressed I will send to these for throwback.
Speaker 4: It was quite a thing.
Speaker 8: So let's run it back.
Speaker 5: If I'm nine twenty two eighty seven, Shannon, I have a story for you about baseball.
Speaker 4: I wanted your take on.
Speaker 5: Umpires this year are more precise and correct on their ball strike calls than in the history of baseball. They are getting ninety three percent of the called pitches correct, the highest number ever since being recorded. Wow, And so you would ask why. Well, the The Athletic reported yesterday that Major League Baseball this offseason told the umpires that their grace zone was going away.
Speaker 4: So it used to be they would be graded. Think about the strike zone and.
Speaker 5: If the ball was two inches in either direction from the strike zone from the gray zone, even if they called it wrong, they would get grace.
Speaker 4: Basically, they were giving them two inches to be wrong. Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: That's a lot if you go on the plate exactly.
Speaker 5: Now they've changed it to zero point seven to five inches, and even though the standard has become harder, the umps are becoming.
Speaker 4: Even more accurate. And why is that?
Speaker 5: And the conclusion the article is the umpires A got better because they knew they'd be grated harder, but B decided that things like.
Speaker 4: Above emotion were getting out of it. You have to just call the ball or the strike.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that of course leads to the conclusion Shannon that for years umpires could have done better but didn't. Presumably, I would say, Shannon, because of personal biases.
Speaker 3: All right, Yeah, I mean like those Brase pitchers. Glavin used to get six inches off the plate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so now this year they've had the best and the hitters. The managers have said they have learned.
Speaker 5: Guys are taking more pitches because they know the tight strike zone. The strike zone hasn't changed, but the grace umpires get for getting it wrong has been cut in half and they're now but presumably by raising standards, the umpires have gotten better at doing it.
Speaker 6: See, I my mind totally went the other way. While umpires got better, I thought it was because you know, they they were gonna take their job away, just have an automated robot.
Speaker 4: No, I think I do think that's part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Monor League is doing that, the automatic balls and strikes where they have an earpiece.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what the umpire. But what the umpires have done, even though they cut in half the amount of grace you get in your call, the umpires have gotten better, which means ultimately they could have gotten better before.
Speaker 4: They just didn't have any incentive to do it.
Speaker 8: They got way too comfortable, way too comfortable. They're starting to get graded or watching a little closer. It's like when a secret shopper comes in at your work. You know you gotta get focused. And I agree with Ryan. They probably see the the robots of their shoulder, like, we better tighten this up and you get you a little more accurate, we'll be out of here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's like when in Caddyshack where they look at the caddies and said, we're all gonna be replaced by golf cards if you don't straighten up. I just found that it would seem to be the opposite of common sense. Common sense would say if you made the standard harder, it would be harder to meet them and they might get worse. But instead, even by making it harder, they got more better.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: So I just thought that was an.
Speaker 5: And then second before I go to Kentucky, Joe Luca, did you watch the final game Anthony Edwards?
Speaker 4: And you know what I said? And Luca got beat.
Speaker 8: I like Luca zero effort defensively. Offense is great, and then defense is just you can't watch it.
Speaker 4: I mean I could have scored off like he is.
Speaker 5: He's just gotten offul After the game, JJ Reddick said, some people on our team have got to get in better.
Speaker 8: Shape championships shape, which.
Speaker 5: Has to be about him because Lebron doesn't have an in like an ounce of fat.
Speaker 4: Do you think Luca will ever stop being fat?
Speaker 9: See the headlines shouldn't even be that, but yeah, yeah he has if he was to win a championship, Yeah he has.
Speaker 4: And that's why the Mavericks traded him.
Speaker 5: Apparently they didn't think he would get in shape and they thought as he got older that weight will make him worse. Could the Mavericks maybe getting some redemption here as he's I.
Speaker 8: Think Nico Harrison needs to go on a tour of flexing and patting himself on the back saying I told you all this was gonna be a problem. No, still a bad trade, but he at least has a moment to say this is what I was talking about.
Speaker 5: Charles Barkley said he's the worst good player defender in the history of basketball. He's like, there's been worse defenders, but you'll never see a dude who's an elite player who's worse on defense than Luca.
Speaker 4: Do you agree with that.
Speaker 6: I'll trust his opinion more than mine, But you would think in the playoffs it's where he would at least attempt to play a little bit.
Speaker 5: He doesn't even give the effort the playoffs, and Lebron is forty, so he's slower now.
Speaker 4: So they just can't guard anybody.
Speaker 5: So I do wonder if in five years people will go, well, maybe we were because you know how many games Dallas won in the playoffs this year.
Speaker 8: Just to play and play in. They didn't make it, hump, they won one playing game. They won one play too.
Speaker 4: You know how many of the Lakers one this year?
Speaker 6: One one? Wow?
Speaker 5: Now, I mean, I'm just saying the Lakers with fans would say, well, we did it for the future. But if he is fat and smoking a cigarette at twenty.
Speaker 6: Eight drinking Beard halftime.
Speaker 5: Drinking, maybe maybe that won't Maybe that won't work. Kentucky Joe, how are you, Kentucky Joe.
Speaker 10: I'm doing fine. It's Kentucky Oaks today, okay. Eh. And the thing is, I think I think our friend who loves KOs, Harry I have a very good film that and mister Brad Crooks is gonna win today.
Speaker 4: But what about our horse.
Speaker 5: We have a horse, Joe, it's called simply joking. What about it?
Speaker 10: He'll probably come second thirst, he'll be in the super.
Speaker 6: So which horse is your horse?
Speaker 10: Probably? Uh yeah, I probably have good cheer, good cheer.
Speaker 4: He's overwhelmed. Okay, it's great run.
Speaker 10: It's one what four or five races in a row. And I'm also looking. I'm looking for tomorrow to be it's probably gonna be long shot day. That's what I'm thinking. Tomorrow, you got, it's gonna be mutters. It's gonna be in the first three horses, maybe four horses.
Speaker 4: All right, you still haven't given me a.
Speaker 10: Name for what?
Speaker 4: What for?
Speaker 8: I mean.
Speaker 7: The call for what for?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 8: I was really excited about that call.
Speaker 7: Thought maybe we get a song.
Speaker 6: We got he's pretty good at that.
Speaker 5: Weicking the favorite in the oaks against our horse.
Speaker 4: I blame you for that.
Speaker 5: Shad and stop over pay for sunglasses and you got Shady Rays independent American owned companies started right here in Kentucky. Premium polarized shades for every activity, running, fishing, talking, uh, talkingking.
Speaker 4: You can talk with him, and talking golfing. It's all there.
Speaker 5: It's Shady Rays, the best protection program in the industry, over three hundred thousand and five star reviews. Let's go to Shady Rays or Shady Rays dot com. We'll take a break. Berry Backs Kentucky Sports rad Welcome back, Tekey Sports Radio. I like towns. Van's at Shannon, and I like his voice, but I still like the day, you know, maybe because.
Speaker 4: I heard the Rolling Stones version first.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is slower. This is slower Stones version a.
Speaker 5: Little sad, although songs sad. It's about doing Heroin on Derby Day.
Speaker 6: I guess at Churchill downs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he says, but he's like he's talking about his X and his ex is like riding around in a Cadillac making bets on Derby Day and he's in his basement room with a needle and a spoon.
Speaker 7: I don't assuming that I never paid attention to.
Speaker 4: We never paid attention to the workout.
Speaker 5: His wife is like or his ex girlfriend is like living this high life and his life is sad, right, and then you can send me dead. I send your dead flowers by the male, send me dead flowers at my wedding, but I won't forget to put roses on your grave. His point is, you hate me, you would send me dead flowers in the mail, but I still.
Speaker 4: When you die, would put roses on your grave.
Speaker 7: So it's like, well he's doing Heroin.
Speaker 5: Wow, it's not about the Heroin. He's just like he's still in love with them. His life is collapsed. She's living a life of luxury, but he's still would put roses on her grave even though she mails him dead flowers in the mail.
Speaker 6: What are you gonna do with it?
Speaker 8: What are you gonna do with all of these dead flowers? You're gonna mail these to anyone?
Speaker 6: Girlfriend?
Speaker 5: No, I would never do that. W Week is here, So get to D Horse. Here's what we're gonna do again. Remember, go to K use ks R horse on DK horse. If you bet five dollars or more on a horse to win the derby and it wins, you will get your your share of a million dollar prize pool. Now, let me be clear about this because I'm gonna explain it to like I'm explaining it to Ryme Ryan.
Speaker 6: Yes, you go to k you go to DK sports book.
Speaker 5: Yes, if you haven't put if you haven't put any money in yet, use KSR horse horse. But the very first bet you put on the derby to win, the first one that's yours. It's gotta be five dollars, all right, So if you you bet two horses to win, you'll only share the prize pool your first bet.
Speaker 4: Does that make sense?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 5: And I would argue if you pick a horse that's a little bit of a longer shot that wins, got a chance to get more of the prize, right, So uh go to dk uh dk horse and make it happen. If you have a gaming problem called one a hit a game where eighteen plus twenty one certain states to open even access or advanced to punt wagering account resident of state, were dky horse available, elbe ter six five boy were a ppriving to ope opt in plays five dollars straight wing bell on the derby first. Those well bet only must win to share a million dollars cashupard being click to claim express thirty days fires might may third. See letters at dk horse dot coms I bet dot slash dot.
Speaker 8: Details nailed it. I made my deposit this morning. You know, it's fun to go to the window, but I'm gonna be.
Speaker 5: Dta have to go to the window. The window is a part of the experience. Go up and give them the cash, then get it back.
Speaker 8: And then get back in the line.
Speaker 4: It's like part of the It's part of the experience, though, don't you It is part.
Speaker 6: Of the experiences either at Keenlin or Churchill is going up to the window.
Speaker 5: One person writes, I know Ryan used to be on television for the Derby all the time, you guys have been. I'm going tomorrow for the first time. Best and worst things to do with the Derby we already told you one. Best walk around the neighborhoods. Worst is the infield. The infield is absolute.
Speaker 6: And they've taken away a lot of it now, haven't they.
Speaker 8: They've classed up the joint a little bit. I mean, it's still the infield, but people dress up now.
Speaker 4: It used to the infield.
Speaker 6: It's like one hundred dollars to even get in the infield.
Speaker 8: Now they've they've kind of taken away a lot of the debauchery, the running on the porta potties, the throwing news.
Speaker 6: Why would you go in there you can't even see?
Speaker 8: I agree. I mean it's still the infield. You can still find the trouble if you want it, but they have classed it up quite a bit. Well.
Speaker 5: I mean I hated it, but I still think it should be there, like you gotta you gotta let people have a chance to run wild.
Speaker 4: You used to get a sign to the infield.
Speaker 6: You hate it, right, That's the the worst part about going to the derby is going to the derby?
Speaker 4: To me, what does that mean?
Speaker 6: I mean we'd have to get there like at six thirty in the morning, broadcast all day, not leave till the race was over at like eight o'clock. It was the most ridiculous, longest day. I hated it.
Speaker 4: What was your where were your assignments during it?
Speaker 6: Well? I got to the point where I was on I was on top of the roof outside a millionaire's row. Mary Joe and me, or cutlering me or somebody toonaires. I almost bowled over Jessica Simpson. I think I've told that story before, We'll hear it again. Yeah, that's when they were.
Speaker 4: Of course, she.
Speaker 6: Was doing that reality show with her and Nick Lache. They were newly weeds, so they were up there in millionaire's row. I was sick as a dog. I was so sick, and so I'm going into the bathroom and take a break, and I walked through my head down and bam, I bumped into her and I kind of shook. Oh, I'm so sorry. Saw the cameras were all over the place. I thought, well, that's gonna be on their reality show. No of course, thank you. Not Janet Jackson. Yeah, Janet Jackson and she was with Jermaine Dupree at the time.
Speaker 4: But you didn't embarrass because Jackson.
Speaker 6: I did and I wanted to, but we were like, instructed, do not interacten you go to the restroom, do not interact with those.
Speaker 4: They instructed and you when you go to the restroom interact with people.
Speaker 8: Tell you this too.
Speaker 6: They said, you're not supposed to make eye contact with Janet. Okay, all right, I'm serious. You think I'm joking. They said, don't make eye contact with it. The employees there, and they told us you're not supposed to make eye contact with Jennet just right. Kid Rock and with Dady Pamela Anderson, oh wow. And they came in together. And Mary Joe loves kid Rock. She loves kid Rock and she didn't seem like her type.
Speaker 8: Well she's always been a kid rock it.
Speaker 6: So she starts screaming at him, Kid.
Speaker 4: Rock, I love you, Mary Joe did that? Okay?
Speaker 5: So who are the celebrities that are always there? You always get kid Rock, he comes every year. Travis Tritt, uh Nicholas.
Speaker 8: If you're talking Barnestad, well you got Joey Faton, men Boys and Randall Cobb always have a collection of former packers with them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Uh, Brady's there, the Brady crew, Edelman Portnoy, who else?
Speaker 4: Travis Tritt never misses it.
Speaker 6: He's always there. He just wants them to continued.
Speaker 4: Now you're on the red carpet tomorrow.
Speaker 9: I'm not actually, oh you got I was, but Microdentzel says, I'm not on red card.
Speaker 6: So where are you?
Speaker 8: Everywhere else but the red card?
Speaker 5: So he's assigned to like do crowd interviews, and Billy is once again to sign the jockeys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's taller than all of them. I love it.
Speaker 4: That's the one. That's why he goes there. It's the only place he feels tall at all. We're gonna give you your picks. We're gonna bring an expert on here in just a second. It's KSR.
Speaker 6: TJ.
Speaker 4: Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ. He'll make them pay.
Speaker 7: No more sports radio. Here's Matt Jones, not the follow.
Speaker 4: You like this?
Speaker 8: You like this song?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I love it?
Speaker 4: You know it is like saw your Brown?
Speaker 7: Do you like his version or George Jones better? I kind of like this version.
Speaker 4: I kind of like this one.
Speaker 5: I like George's voice, but I like how this one's kind of up beat, So I did I love him? Saw your brown? We just got ponchos because it may rain today. Just for the record, Johnny Avello has joined us. He's the DraftKings director of Race and Sports Operations. Johnny, is your first time on the show. Somebody tell me it'saying in the background like you were playing slot machines?
Speaker 4: Are you playing slot machines in the background?
Speaker 11: That's my computer keeps updating me with emails that are just constant.
Speaker 4: So yeah, there it is. How many emails are you getting, Johnny?
Speaker 11: Oh it looks like one every seven seconds?
Speaker 6: About what?
Speaker 11: Uh remember? DraftKings is involved in a lot of things, so a lot of sports going on there.
Speaker 4: Wow, Johnny's getting some info, isn't he. We got I need to see these emails, Johnny.
Speaker 5: All right, Johnny is first time on the show, so we're hoping for big time picks.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Oaks Day today.
Speaker 5: Besides the big race, which we'll do just a minute, give me on the undercard your best bet of the day. Something these listeners can go. All right, Johnny Avello says, it. I'm doing it now.
Speaker 11: You're saying the Oaks itself?
Speaker 6: Is that what you mean?
Speaker 4: Oh? I said the undercard, Johnny, anything but the.
Speaker 10: Card of that day.
Speaker 11: Okay. I actually haven't dove into that too much. Today I have dove into I'll give you something on the under card for Saturday.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, well let's we'll get to then then forgetting scratch that. That's okay, let's just do the Oaks. What do you like in the Oaks, Johnny?
Speaker 11: I like quiet Side in the Oaks? He is coming out of an outside post. But she loved the way he's coming into the race with a couple of paired great races, and I look for him to move up here. I know the car has been training great and loved the track. I've seen the workouts are amazing.
Speaker 6: Uh so.
Speaker 11: Also, I'll also be using Lacara in some exact as with quiet Side, And of course I can't keep out good cheer the the you know, the short favorite. But I'm going to try to beat her today because she's on everything right or I'm looking for something, you know, try to enhance that price.
Speaker 5: I wanted your honest opinion, but I don't if anybody told you we are We're part owners of simply joking. So I'm gonna assume that your pick you were simply joking. And then in the end you like simply joking in the two? Is that correct?
Speaker 11: I like simply joking. I have simply joking. Marked simply joking ran well on a on an off track, so I think probably gonna be off today, and simply joking coming to the race has done nothing wrong. A couple of wins, a second, and the numbers look real good. So nothing wrong with simply joking.
Speaker 5: He's a mutter and his mother was a mutter, and I like, here we go simply. I didn't realize he'd running on an off track, right there. You wasn't that excited? Track today depends on what happens with the run. All right, So now let's go to the undercard on Saturday. Johnny, you do have a pick on the undercard on Saturday for the Derby.
Speaker 4: What do you like?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 11: Let's see now, I do like well on my computer, like you just said, uh kind of went off on me here, so let me find that for you again.
Speaker 4: It's all right, We're good.
Speaker 11: Well, let's start with the Derby. Then I'll find that one out.
Speaker 4: All right, let's start with the Derby, Din Johnny.
Speaker 11: Okay, the Derby. You know, by the time this race goes off, we could be down to seventeen horses. So you know, I'm going to give you the horses of course I think will be in the mixed. Journalism should be in the mix. Sovereignty should be in the mix. These horses were, you know, just coming into this race perfectly. They love the track down there. But you have to look for some horses underneath to try to make that, you know, get a good payoff if you're betting tries and supers. Some of those horses I'll be looking at underneath our East Avenue, who was when probably the Derby favorite going back to last August, last October or so, but just had a rough time in a couple of races. The trainer couldn't figure it out. I think that horse could be in the mix today. I like Publisher underneath too, because Publisher seems to like the track. Center of the Publisher is a maiden, and a maiden hasn't won this race for probably ninety years or so. Burnham Square is another I like underneath there. So those are the horses I'll be using underneath those top two.
Speaker 5: All right, Johnny, I still got to know how you get seven emails a second at some point, but thank you very much.
Speaker 8: For your time.
Speaker 5: Enjoy what I think are two of the best days of horse betting of the year, Johnny Avello.
Speaker 10: Okay, well you.
Speaker 11: Didn't get my brother's pick on the end of car. I just give it to you quick. It's Zulu Kingdom in ninth in the American Turfs.
Speaker 4: Zulu Kingdom in the American Turf. All right, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: I'm betting that one for you, and if we win, I'll send you an email.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh please don't.
Speaker 4: I gotta know. Thank you, Johnny, appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Bye, guys, there you go.
Speaker 4: Johnny Avello.
Speaker 7: Is he answering all those emails?
Speaker 4: Does he know he was going to be on the show?
Speaker 6: The best interviews we've ever done.
Speaker 8: I thought it was good.
Speaker 4: Let me tell you why he thought it was good. Yeah, Mario was what the schedule?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: Ma y'all.
Speaker 8: I thought it was mad good producing Mario.
Speaker 4: No, it was fine. It didn't seem like he knew he was going to be on the radio.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I talked to the rat. Yeah, that connected him. I didn't talk to him directly, so but I thought it was pretty good. Good job, Mario.
Speaker 8: A plus, it was very enlightening, especially like Ryan saying she.
Speaker 6: He kept talking about the computer locked up. Yeah, well he getting all those emails busy man seven emails a second, seven emails.
Speaker 7: One email every seven seconds.
Speaker 4: But I saw a lot of emails, one email every seven seconds.
Speaker 5: I mean, just if you just do the math, that's like eight and a half emails a minute.
Speaker 3: That's the first thing I heard before even said hello. When I called him off the air, was just bell's ring.
Speaker 5: That's five hundred and ten emails in an hour. I just no offense. I'm throwing a challenge flying on that, Johnny you do. Although it did beep a lot even.
Speaker 8: During during that interview, I think he's not using a spam filter. It's like bed bathroom beyond coupon's well, bunch of stuff you don't even need. I think we could actually help his efficiency.
Speaker 6: We can all test. We get a lot of emails from draft Kings every single day.
Speaker 4: As you should, Mario. The thing was shadeon. Mario came up to me and said I got the perfect guess for the next week, and I was like, who is he goes, Oh, it's my dog, Johnny dog. You gave me I did. How do you know him?
Speaker 8: Well, Rachel connected. You know, Rachel wanted him on. So he's like, we definitely get him on. All right again, great job, Mario, great job.
Speaker 4: Thank you all.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna remember about that. Since he did pick the favorite in both races. Is he did say Zulu Kingdom, So that's gonna be Mario, that's your pick. If Zulu Kingdom does it in tomorrow, you have to run a lap around.
Speaker 4: The Oh boy, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't but like, if he gets it, if Zulu Kingdom wins, then you just gave everybody that ends up being So yeah, you should be proud if that happens.
Speaker 6: We'll see if that happened. Was it was a little odd our horse racing expert hasn't looked at the undercard on today's card at Churchill Down. That was that was just a little odd.
Speaker 8: Did you not hear the emails?
Speaker 3: He's busy, we want your best underguard peck and the undergard.
Speaker 7: Oh, I looked at it.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's something that horse racing expert will probably do.
Speaker 5: The weather is heating up, the auto rates are cooling down. At UK Federal Credit Union, if you burn out of your Higatress loan, get up to two percent off your current rate and make no payments for ninety days when you refinance with us. That's no payments for now and lower payments for later. Save big on the interest of your life. If your auto loane with two percent off your current one, it's Johnny Avello approved. Refinanced today at one of our seven branches. It's u k mc U dial organs UK Federal Credit Union rEFInd it subject to credit approval loan requirements. Visit ukm c U o dot org for terms and conditions. Membership elgie eligibili required federally insured by n c U.
Speaker 4: A anybody else for the.
Speaker 8: Not not not yet yet.
Speaker 4: Take a break, very back off, turn it off. Yeah, it was so creepy.
Speaker 7: You flashbacks, Drew.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm like, I'm just gonna stare in Drew's eyes.
Speaker 6: Oh that's her.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 8: Picture a memory that people look at that pictures. Look at that perm man that was a part.
Speaker 4: Look at you. You look young in that picture.
Speaker 8: Young and looked like I ate the whole buffet that night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh loved you so creepy.
Speaker 8: So she played this song. This is the song she sang a song?
Speaker 5: All right, what person writes matt y'all are zigging? I'm gonna sag. I'm betting all of Johnny and Fellow's picks in order. I already put in my trifecta box with his five horses. Can't wait till it hits. And I'm tweeting Johnny. There you go?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 8: Who?
Speaker 4: Who is he?
Speaker 6: Again?
Speaker 8: I looked him up. He's all over Google. He's the director.
Speaker 4: What does that mean? He's all over Google. Everyone's all over Google.
Speaker 8: Some people are.
Speaker 7: I can't any social media at all.
Speaker 4: You know, it was all over Google.
Speaker 6: The dude who got arrested, who won the lottery?
Speaker 4: That doesn't anything.
Speaker 8: He's the director of racist sports though. So again, great job, Mario, Great job, Mario. I enjoyed the interview.
Speaker 4: Did I enjoyed it too? But it was I enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: I knew where it was going. When you said something about his email dinging, he said, yeah, we you know, DraftKings is in a lot of stuff.
Speaker 8: Got the bet gal On Monday.
Speaker 5: One person writes man, I think most of the emails are ryaned out of his password at that's probably right, that.
Speaker 6: Could be true, emailing DraftKings. Okay, I locked out again.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We have a friend I'm not going to say his name, but.
Speaker 5: Who bet on the NBA All Star Game Team Shack versus Team Candace.
Speaker 4: On a serious bet and it he argued the result. It was like plus seven, and he argued the results and was angrily tweeting DraftKings that he should be paid out for his Team Candace versus Team Shack bet. And I'm venturing to say that those emails are all my friend asking him if he can win his team Candace and his team Shack bet.
Speaker 8: I think they were requests for radio interviews today. That's all coming through. Good job, right, jump.
Speaker 5: Read and make an Oaks pick simply joke. I mean, we have to pick this horse. Everybody, all the folks listening. It's right now, the third favorite. I believe it's nine to one. But the favorite is Good Cheer and it's a heavy favorite. So we just have to hope that Good Cheer is for some reason, it's not his day, her day today and uh and then here we go simply joking and then what an exciting thing that would be.
Speaker 6: Well, I guess you could probably just do a lot of.
Speaker 5: I'm not here to come in second. Okay, we own this.
Speaker 4: This is not about just winning a bet.
Speaker 6: If she gets on the board, though, I'll be happy, you know, I'm I'm.
Speaker 4: Probably gonna make some bets that include her in second or third.
Speaker 5: But we're here to win. Mario always does Lebron come to make a good showing?
Speaker 6: Luca? Does you play to win the game?
Speaker 4: The game?
Speaker 5: So what happens if we win, Well, we're gonna be at the track. We're gonna be going crazy. Mario will probably be filming us going crazy.
Speaker 7: How much do we win?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean you win the bad it's on the it's on the app. It'll tell you what the pats are for today.
Speaker 4: They pay.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's uh, you'll see it on the air.
Speaker 4: But you remember that the investment goes throughout all the races and including its breeding. Right. So this is a long term thing.
Speaker 7: Shape Yeah, it's long term relationship.
Speaker 4: It's a long term relate.
Speaker 5: But if we win, I mean, I'm gonna get You're gonna bet on it, aren't you? Aren't you gonna bet on your horse. Yeah, you got to, You've got I'm gonna. I'm gonna make a bet for you. This is my gift to you. They didn't appreciate that since they didn't.
Speaker 4: Give you a share. All right, So let's go to the derby.
Speaker 5: It's the next day after we win, and we spend all that money of our winnings. What do we bet in the next day? Now, yesterday you may have heard I picked Rodriguez as my horse. It got scratched like an hour after the show. Like an hour after the show. If you listen to Jay and Lyndon. He asked me my long shot horse, and I said Grande. This morning it got scratched. So I'm as r cursed. The two horses I really liked both scratched. I'm gonna have to start over, and I haven't really done it yet, but I'll pick one for course of this show.
Speaker 4: What is your horse? True?
Speaker 8: Uh? Like most people, I'm gonna have to put a bunch of stuff with Journalism because it looks to just be the heavy, heavy, heavy heavy favorite. But I'm watching Final Gambit a couple of reasons. One, it's a brad Cox horse. I always have a good success betting on brad Cox horses at Churchill Downs. And it's a gray horse. Gray horse had one in twenty years.
Speaker 4: I just you'll go.
Speaker 8: Twenty one years without a gray horse winning. So I think the gray streak snaps today or tomorrow with final gambit in there.
Speaker 4: Uh, Mario, what's yours?
Speaker 9: I'm going to admire Daytona is I'm Florida boy, Gotta stick with Daytona Beach.
Speaker 8: It's Japanese horse though, Yes, it's Daytona Japan Yeah. Oh it's okay.
Speaker 4: I mean they probably. I don't think there's a day there's a Japanese Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm gonna still stick with it.
Speaker 4: Japanese horse number one, Okay, still going first time forever, the first time for everything.
Speaker 8: All right, Right, you'll go one hundred and fifty one derbies with outther Japanese horse winning.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna be really boring because I'm doing the exact thing thing with Drew. Journalism is like being compared to like American Pharaoh and Jeff whom Lee Tom Lea yeah, Johne Way.
Speaker 4: Tom Leech says, it's like American Pharaoh.
Speaker 6: Yes, wow, yeah, Okay.
Speaker 4: We can't leave it out then if yeah, all right, and.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna pick Judmont Farm. Drew backed up being the Great Court, but he's also from Final Gambit.
Speaker 4: What is jud Mont Farm.
Speaker 6: That's where Final Gambit's from.
Speaker 8: That's what I was going with.
Speaker 6: And Final Gambit. I like Queen's Gambit, the series on Netflix, and it's she's from He's from jud Vont Farman Like, hey, Drew totally threw me for a loop. I was so ready to we can both have the horse.
Speaker 4: They don't make everyone pick a different horse. There's not enough space.
Speaker 8: We can share.
Speaker 6: We're gonna share this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Shannon, give me a chunk of gold and Sandman and then I'll throw.
Speaker 4: On journalism Talker's horse.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, I just like the name. I mean again, we don't know what.
Speaker 5: Name is gonna annoy this because he's gonna come out and he's gonna do like.
Speaker 4: What's the big TikTok dance right now?
Speaker 8: Uh, like a more popular one. I guess the what do you call it? The needle? Is it? Okay?
Speaker 4: So he's gonna do the needle? I don't know if that's what it's called.
Speaker 5: All right for me Again, I felt good about Rodriguez. It's out, so I can't pick that one. Journalism is probably gonna be my pick to win, but I you know, I like to do boxes. Yes, I don't have my my long shot. Now that was gonna be grande, so I might have to look for my long shot. I'll tweet it out. I like journalism, UH Sovereignty and H Burnham Square is the three that I like the most, and I'll throw I'll throw a long shot in. I'll notice that what's his face? Johnny had those horses too, which makes me a little worried.
Speaker 4: But but what if he nails it?
Speaker 6: Though? What if Johnny nails dude?
Speaker 5: Johnny, Johnny's gonna nail it. Zulu Kingdom. I'm putting a heavy bed on it. And if I don't win, somebody's getting an email.
Speaker 6: Which one is Bafford's horse, because now that he's back, you gotta figure that's gonna be a big storyline, is it?
Speaker 4: Citizen Bull?
Speaker 6: I'm not sure which one. I don't know you got one left right.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go H Sovereignty, journalism in UH Burnham Square and then I'll throw in a long shot.
Speaker 4: I don't know what.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be uh yeah, Ryan, thank you for driving up here today. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: My pleasure. I'm gonna miss you boys when you're in Scartstill next week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So for people don't know next week, so Drew, Mario and I fly to Scottsdale, Arizona Sunday for the Barstool Bet Gala, which I still don't even know what that is.
Speaker 4: We're going to work. I've looked. They haven't really talked about it.
Speaker 8: Dave put out a video last night, but he still didn't say exactly.
Speaker 6: What we're doing.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what it is we're going to. But they're putting us up in an insanely nice resort, flying us out there.
Speaker 6: You know what the dress code is like?
Speaker 4: Black tie. I have a new black tie suit to wear.
Speaker 8: I got mine too.
Speaker 5: So that is is Monday night. So Monday it'll be me, Drew and Shannon, only Ryan won't be here. Then Tuesday it'll be me Drew and Shannon, and then I'm staying out there until Thursday night. And you guys will be back in Lexington on Wednesday and Thursday.
Speaker 8: So maybe Mario can getus a good guest if we missed Ryan book us someone else.
Speaker 5: I'll be say Thursday too, I'll just be uh out there. So are you excited for you? And I'm pumped.
Speaker 6: I'm pumped barstool bet galla.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 9: And then I got a nice little outfit coming out, so you get to meet people. And then I've never been to Arizona, so I'm excited.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 5: Yes, I literally never in my life if I've gone to something that I know less about what it is than this.
Speaker 4: I don't even know, Like we're supposed to wear black tie, but I don't even know what we're going to.
Speaker 3: I like, they just invite you to something you don't even know what it is, and you're to go across the jerks.
Speaker 4: Uh, sort of encouraged just to go.
Speaker 5: And so I was like, you know what's free trip to free trip to Arizona for it. They're gonna pay for it. And this resort is nice. And then Drew and I are playing TPC Scottsdale. He ye on Sunday. We're playing the course the where they have the waste management tournament. Drew and I are playing that on Sunday. But I am looking forward to that. That's gonna be fun.
Speaker 6: Sounds like a fun trip. Doesn't we probably would have been going.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you all didn't get invited, so I guess.
Speaker 8: It's the same time as the met galle. So we're going head to head, which is to play on the words. But Dave said, we're betting all day. But there's not a lot of sports on Monday, so I don't know what we're betting on.
Speaker 5: But they're bringing out like all the barstool people, me, Drew and Mario and then like a bunch of I think people from TikTok horse owner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so there you go. So we will be there Monday.
Speaker 5: I'd be early in the morning for us Monday in Scottsdale, but we will be there, thank you all very much. If we win to if we win with simply joking, be watching on social media, there's gonna be a party and.
Speaker 4: Then eventually there'll be a party tomorrow. Let's get it.
Speaker 6: Let's get it.
Speaker 4: Let's get it, simply joking. But see Layers speaking Tucky Sports Radio