Speaker 1: Second date, up date. I was watching a clip on to B the other day.
Speaker 2: Was this music plan my dad.
Speaker 1: It's great, it's brooking Jeffy in the morning.
Speaker 3: We're not on to be by the way, but you can find us on other more reputable platforms. But the clip was a single lady, an attractive single lady, talking about dating in the modern world and how it's so rare now that guys actually plan anything for their dates.
Speaker 2: I don't know what, just hot women complaining the.
Speaker 1: Algorithms doing what it wants to do. Watches it all.
Speaker 3: She was really upset because a guy wanted to go on a walk and get to know her.
Speaker 1: Okay, am I.
Speaker 3: Right, alexis a walk, she's.
Speaker 4: Job.
Speaker 3: I mean plan something, pay for something, put in some actual effort.
Speaker 2: We could through the mall America.
Speaker 1: That's something.
Speaker 2: And you need to watch less touby jeff.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying that's why I'm proud to talk to our caller today, because he actually planned something for his date.
Speaker 2: He would be celebrated on the platform.
Speaker 3: He absolutely His name is Cole Cole. It is an honor and a privilege to have you join us today.
Speaker 4: How you doing Mare, Well, Thanks, it's an honored privilege to be here against up.
Speaker 2: I feel like you're just going to tell us that you took her to dinner. Yeah, which is fine, that's great.
Speaker 1: Oh you bought her a too Be subscription? Too good man?
Speaker 3: What's the premium to get the good content? Like I get so Cole tell us about this girl that she meant what's her name?
Speaker 4: Her name is Jamie?
Speaker 2: Okay, how'd you guys meet?
Speaker 4: We met through one of the dating apps, and it's pretty typical, but I really went out of my way to make this a special experience for her.
Speaker 2: Can I ask before we find out what you did?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 1: Like, why were you.
Speaker 2: So motivated to do something special for Jamie?
Speaker 4: Well, we were talking before we met and she had mentioned she hadn't been very social in the last six months because her dog would run away and she's taken her Amy Bard. Oh no, Yeah, she was really devastated. So I told her that we're going to go to a restaurant. But instead, when I picked her up, I actually took her to a pet shelter.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, pet shelter.
Speaker 2: Risky moved? You didn't tell her at all?
Speaker 4: No, Because I figured just being around dogs would help cheer up, you know, happened at the time of the animals, and would be to know each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or she could be totally re traumatized seeing dogs with no families.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: I mean I was worried at first because she was a little hesitant. I think she was a little weirded out. But then she really seemed to warm up to the whole thing, and then I really felt like she bonded with a few of the dogs.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 2: So you got to play with the dogs.
Speaker 5: I mean, you weren't like going to adopt one, right, you were just going to see them.
Speaker 4: Well. I wasn't planning on it, and I thought neither was she. But she told me she thought she might come back and adopt one.
Speaker 3: I know, but you're kind of like the hero in that sense, and that you've reopened her mind to the idea of owning another.
Speaker 4: Pet, I thought. So we left the shelter, we went, Yeah, we had great conversation. Of course, we talked a lot about dogs because we also love dogs, and I could feel the vibe.
Speaker 2: Did you try to kiss her?
Speaker 4: I did lean in. We did have a little peck.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute, not.
Speaker 1: A dog kiss.
Speaker 2: Kiss many humped the table chair leg.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's sweet.
Speaker 4: So I'm just surprised I have not heard from her and we're not already hanging out, you know more.
Speaker 5: No kidding, because if she went back and actually adopted the dog, it'd be such an easy way to be like, oh, you have to come walk the dog, you have to come meet the dog.
Speaker 1: And so is there any chance that her dog that ran away came back?
Speaker 4: Why would that be bad? I think about that.
Speaker 3: Because in that sense it would be like good for her that she's reunited with her old friend, but bad for you because now your whole pet shelter dog thing is totally out the window. Yes's true, you sell a pet of yeah, yeah, but not the experience doesn't mean.
Speaker 1: As much to You're not replacing anything. So what's the deal. Is she like ghosting you?
Speaker 3: Completely total ghosts?
Speaker 2: Okay? And how many times have you texted or called?
Speaker 4: I don't want to be obsessive about it, but that's same about three or four.
Speaker 6: Nothing crazy happened at all, Like you took her to a dog sheltered to pet puppies, and you were kind and you made sure she was I mean, we've heard so many awful stories. I don't see anything crazy that stands out here.
Speaker 4: I mean not sound like I'm patting myself on the back here, but I was awesome.
Speaker 1: You felt.
Speaker 2: That's when they're I know.
Speaker 1: It's called confidence.
Speaker 2: I think it's really sweet.
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 5: Maybe it's something simple, you know, maybe she lost her phone.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: We're so jaded.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like, could it be that taking a woman to a pet shelter is more romantic than buying a woman a bunch of free drinks?
Speaker 1: Oh, you don't get to have it all.
Speaker 3: We're hopefully going to find out an answer from Jamie and see if she picks up when we call her and try and get you your second date.
Speaker 1: Update right after this, And I really appreciate it that man. Just hold on. Second date update.
Speaker 3: Two daters bonded over their shared love of animals.
Speaker 1: So sweet. Where did they end up at a pet shelter?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably what happened.
Speaker 3: Petting dogs getting their faces licked, hopefully not getting their rear sniffed. To save that for date number three? And now where does our listener Cole stand? Well, he feels like he's in his own cage shelter right now, all alone, crying because his date Jamie isn't coming to pick him up.
Speaker 2: He's a whimpering stray in the back of a dirty shelter.
Speaker 3: That's how he feels. That's how it feels to get ghosted like this. Well, guess what, Cole, We're gonna be throwing you a bone today, buddy. We're gonna help you out. We are gonna call Jamie hopefully she picks up, and we're gonna try and find out what happened. I'm just praying that she's been so busy rolling around on the floor, play and fetch with her brand new adopted puppy that she just hasn't had the time, I mean to pick up her phone and respond.
Speaker 5: Honestly, getting a new puppy is like getting a baby in a lot of ways. You're up all night, you gotta deal with pee and all other sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, write that on the mom blogs, say, Cole, is that a possibility? Do you think maybe there's a chance that she just has a new pet and that's taken up all of her attention.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'm really trying not to make a doggie style joke.
Speaker 1: Here overmind you cold. This is a family show. We have a lot of kids that listening.
Speaker 4: I was thinking, call you're good. We have the same.
Speaker 1: Pressure that you're really not helping us here. So let's just sorry.
Speaker 3: Let's close to losing your bone, really going into bed territory with the.
Speaker 4: Got it?
Speaker 1: More horrible things are said. Let's just call Jamie.
Speaker 3: Pass everybody down. Okay, here we go right now. Hello, Hey is this Jamie? Yes, hey Jamie, thanks for picking up. We're a radio show. We're called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Okay, what is this?
Speaker 2: Uh surprise, that's for sure it is.
Speaker 3: It's a fun surprise. It's a segment that we do called the Second Date Update.
Speaker 7: So why are you calling me?
Speaker 3: We are calling because one of our listeners has asked us to reach.
Speaker 1: Out to you.
Speaker 4: Who called you?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a guy that you went out with recently and he you have kind of ghosted him, at least that's what he thinks.
Speaker 1: His name's Cole.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding me? That piece of crap called you?
Speaker 2: Wait? Are we talking about the same person? The guy that took you to the dog shelter?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 7: Really? He told you that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Is that wrong?
Speaker 2: Is that not right?
Speaker 1: Did you not go to a pet shelter?
Speaker 7: No, we did, And I can tell you exactly why I'm not calling him back.
Speaker 2: Well that makes our job so easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Honestly, Cole is very confused. From his perspective, the date went really well, and you guys had a lot of fun and we did.
Speaker 8: And I felt a huge connection with one of the dogs that we met. I went back to the shelter the next day to adopt him.
Speaker 7: And it's just a little guy. I even named him Muffin already in my head.
Speaker 1: Solid name.
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 7: So the shelter worker that I saw there, who was the same person we saw the day before? For me, the guy I was with had come in and adopted the dog.
Speaker 1: Wait wait, Cole came in.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 7: I asked him if he was joking.
Speaker 1: What the heck?
Speaker 7: He said that he'd come in like an hour before me.
Speaker 5: Cole didn't say anything about adopting the dog. He said, you adopted the dog we ad He said.
Speaker 3: She was thinking about adopting a dog, that they hadn't done it yet.
Speaker 2: You're kidding. I mean, this has got to be some sort of mix up.
Speaker 7: I know, I was shocked, and honestly, I thought maybe he was going to text me and say that he had a surprise for me, totally yeah, wanting to go back out again.
Speaker 5: Okay, but he didn't when but he said that he called you and he texted you.
Speaker 2: He wanted to get a hold of you. Maybe that's still the case.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's the whole reason that we're doing this call is to give you a huge surprise, because I need to let you know, Jamie, that Cole is on the other line right now wanting to tell you something.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jamie, I didn't know you knew about that. Why didn't you just text me about it? You just ghosted me. That's terrible communication.
Speaker 1: Wait, shouldn't be the first.
Speaker 4: That's so weird.
Speaker 2: Y is the dog for her? And not do you have the dogs? You have Muffin?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have Muffin and I feel like we've really bonded.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, you're holding her for Jamie right to give as like.
Speaker 4: So shocked that she's even upset about this because I knew she had a connection with one of the dogs, but I thought she had a connection with that little uglier one.
Speaker 5: You plan a day for a woman who's grieving her lost dog, and then you steal the new dog from you didn't know?
Speaker 7: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: You stole my dog like your dog. I thought you wanted that little ugly thing.
Speaker 5: Oh they look cute, that's exactly they just why are you insulting her?
Speaker 2: Why do you not feel bad, Cole?
Speaker 4: I'm not insulting her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's insulting the little ugly dog.
Speaker 4: The dog.
Speaker 1: At least call the dog. That's what he said.
Speaker 2: Someone's going to adopt the dog.
Speaker 4: Now, it was an ugly dog.
Speaker 3: You guys didn't see it, Okay, but you dog didn't you, Chuck Muffin. We're too invested in this with little dogs being involved. We all have to step away and let Jamie and Cole talk to each other.
Speaker 8: Cool.
Speaker 3: Say something to Jamie because you She feels like you knew that you liked that dog, and you came in and swooped it out from under her.
Speaker 4: I did not. I had no idea that she felt that way about it. But I feel like I have a way. We can all be happy already. Okay.
Speaker 7: I told you at dinner that Muffin really touched on my heart and that I didn't know already.
Speaker 2: Oh no, what did you name it?
Speaker 4: A different name?
Speaker 5: So she's talking about how she loves muffin and you didn't know who she was talking about, but.
Speaker 1: You meant that you had some sort of solution to this.
Speaker 4: There's a deal that can be made. I didn't know how you felt about that dog, so I feel like I'm being very magnanimous here. How about if you want to buy him off me, I'll give him to you for three hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, got my god.
Speaker 8: That's the adoption for you was only seventy five dollars.
Speaker 1: So you're so attached it.
Speaker 2: Three hundred dollars is you? Is your price?
Speaker 4: You guys can judge all you want, but he's my dog. Now he's not in the shelter anymore. And we really developed the bond, and I'm sorry, but it's going to cost money to break that.
Speaker 3: I will say now that he's not a shelter pet, I see where he's coming from. They are more expensive when they're not directing a good point, he's domesticating.
Speaker 7: You got this dog for less than forty eight hours, and now you're trying to make money off of the dog. And that's Honestly, it just makes it so much worse. I genuinely cannot believe you're doing this.
Speaker 4: Listen, I don't want any hard feelings, en, So how about you pay me and I'll give you some of those plastic bones that I already got for him.
Speaker 3: Wow, for the same three hundred dollars deal as before.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: Okay, thrown a bone, yeah, but actual plastic.
Speaker 4: Bone, lea.
Speaker 7: I genuinely just cannot believe that you would be doing this to me. This is I don't even know what to say to you.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why you're so upset. You've come out ahead in this deal because for three hundred bucks, you get the dogs, you get plastic bones, and you still get me.
Speaker 1: Oh wow there too?
Speaker 2: Can we train mummy you?
Speaker 5: I totally sense the tension between you guys that you were talking about.
Speaker 3: Honestly, with the whole dog dispute, I totally forgot about your guys's blossoming love connection, which is the whole reason that we're calling. We'd like to offer to send you guys out on another date that we would pay for you.
Speaker 6: We can put Muffin in the middle of you two and then Muffing can choose. Like on those viral videos.
Speaker 3: Muffins a little bit of a sore subject. Let's just stick to the romance for now.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry you guys, but I'm going to hang up and Cole you can text me when you're ready to gift Muffin to me, because you know that that's my dog.
Speaker 1: So he gives you the dog as you get a date.
Speaker 4: Hey, that ugly little one is still there.
Speaker 2: She's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she hung up, col col that's low man.
Speaker 2: Why would you do that?
Speaker 4: I didn't know it was the same dog, but she love.
Speaker 5: You, but you found out and then you tried to charge her three hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: Look, I was being thoughtful. I could have charged her a lot more. I mean, guess what I found out. It was a pure bread.
Speaker 3: Oh those are with thousands actually.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so oh man if you guys, you guys known this a lot. Even though she hung up, do you think she'd still want to go out?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: She's hard to get right now, guys, I like, yeah, Rookie Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: In the morning, we're getting so many texts into seventy eighty five nine to two asking.
Speaker 1: How can I adopt that little ugly dog in the corner.
Speaker 6: Little ugly Dogmies love uglier dogs get the cuter they get. There's no such thing as an ugly dogs.
Speaker 2: Total me.
Speaker 3: Yes, but see this is what I was afraid of, Like every dog needs to be adopted. Yes, but we completely got away from the whole dating part of the second date call, which is the reason that.
Speaker 2: We do the second You need to give up on that. I was way more invested in Muffin. Yeah, shelter calls all.
Speaker 8: Day on here.
Speaker 3: Book almost got in on the bidding war. She was like, oh, I'll throwing five hundred for the dog.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to rescue Muffin.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, come on, But I.
Speaker 3: Will say, it's just tough to come back to the romance when you're bidding on pets and.
Speaker 1: Dog toys, so a little tough to move on.
Speaker 3: All in all seriousness, I do hope Cole does the right thing and just gifts Muffin to Jamie.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna happen.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know you want that, we all want that, but I just it's is not the vibe I'm getting.
Speaker 1: All Right, Jami, you're gonna have to go over to Cole's house and steal that dog back. So do what you gotta do to help.
Speaker 3: So Alexis is here to help you, and we're here to help all the daters out there.
Speaker 1: Email the show.
Speaker 3: We'll call that person who's not calling you back. You could find more of our second updates up on Spotify, Apple podcasts, wherever you get your listening content at Brook and Jeffrey