Speaker 1: Second date up date. One of the most embarrassing moments of my entire life. Whoa happened years ago on this show, which was when I heard a surprise first date with a girl live in studio on the air.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wish I was here. I was your server, I was standing behind you, and I was Yeah. That was so good.
Speaker 1: Detail is not important. Didn't go great, super awkward.
Speaker 2: We need to find that audio.
Speaker 1: Can we find that audio to burn it and make sure it never see the light of day again. I'm just gonna leave it at that.
Speaker 2: She liked you, I don't think she did.
Speaker 1: I only bring it up because one of our listeners, Gabe surprised his date on night one with a fun little activity for her after dinner. Okay, maybe that didn't go so well. We'll find out, Gabe. Welcome to the show man, Hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: At She knew she was going to be on a date, unlike Jeffrey.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, she knew she was going to be on a date, but you didn't know about the activity afterwards, and that was a surprise.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll get to the surprise in just a second, but first, tell us about this lady that we're going to be calling. What's she about?
Speaker 3: Well, her name is Megan. She's awesome. You know we met online.
Speaker 2: Okay, she's about awesome. What what makes her awesome?
Speaker 4: Gabe?
Speaker 3: Well, obviously you need you know, there's a physical attraction. But there's like five things I look for in a woman, and you know this physical attraction, there's humor.
Speaker 1: God, you are so picky.
Speaker 2: Five you haven't listened to a simple Okay.
Speaker 3: May on there breathing for the sixth Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So you got physical attraction, funny.
Speaker 3: Humor, intelligence, integrity, and the intangibles, you know, like what your hobbies are, things like that that you like to do together.
Speaker 1: You're going to die alone, that's okay, kidding. Tell us what did you end up doing for your day with Meghan?
Speaker 3: Well, normally I don't go for full dinners. I don't want to spend that much time with some until I get to know him talking and texting. You know, we really hit it off because she's really funny, she's got a great wit about her, and she was intelligent.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think it's hard to be funny if you're not intelligent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, comedian, and I'm an idiot, bro I'll give you more credit than that, Okay, at least a c plus students.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sure derailed things.
Speaker 1: Like Meghan is at least checking a couple of your boxes at this point, right.
Speaker 2: Gabe, Right, exactly, Okay, Okay, So you went for the dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I pried opened a while, and I figured I'd take her out. You know, she's worth it. So we was for a nice Italian then, and then I told her afterwards, I said, listen, I got a surprise.
Speaker 2: For you, okay. And what was her reaction? Just to that?
Speaker 3: She she seemed excited about it. She's like, ooh, a surprise. I don't know if that was a surprise, because I don't know very well, like ooh surprised, like what the hell this? Or who was surprised?
Speaker 1: Because the surprise could literally mean anything, could be a fun, happy surprise, a scary surprise.
Speaker 2: And there's two types of people in the world. There are people who love surprises and people absolutely hate them.
Speaker 6: No, it's hard because I think I hate surprises, but I love surprises.
Speaker 1: If I know what's going to happen.
Speaker 2: That's not a surprise.
Speaker 6: I have a surprise later then I know, Okay, it's gonna be a mystery. But if you just tell me, boom surprise you ready, I'm like, no, no, I'm not ready for this.
Speaker 3: I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm scared. So I'm been dying to know what is the surprise that you had waiting for her?
Speaker 3: So I took it to a comedy club and she seemed like, oh, this is fun.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, it's fun.
Speaker 2: So you're surprised with tickets to see a show?
Speaker 3: Well not really. The surprise was that I'm a performer and I was headlining and gonna do a set.
Speaker 1: To come to your comedy show.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to go with no. Not a good surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really all right.
Speaker 2: It's like like if you play your own music while you're in the car, and it's like, here's the thing. What if she doesn't think you're funny?
Speaker 3: Well I am a headliner.
Speaker 2: That doesn't matter. That's not how it doesn't matter. I have seen plenty of headliners.
Speaker 1: She's just checking the boxes. He's making sure that they're on the same level when it comes to sens.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying risky. Yeah, I'm very risky.
Speaker 1: That's a fair statement. It is a risk. How did it go?
Speaker 3: I mean, we were hitting it off, so I figured, you know, so I'm doing my show and then I'm like, can nice set kill a set? And I know it's a good set because when I came off, people are like, oh, can I get a picture? You know, everyone's pictures and stuff like that. It's like should and I'm going to look for and I'm looking for actually taking pictures, like oh, its supposed to be the ladies room or something or whatever. I can't find it, you know. And then I'm like, you know, oh she left.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she's not alone for an entire show.
Speaker 3: You bro. I don't know. I'm still not getting what the big deal is. It's like, oh, this is what I do.
Speaker 2: So if you're not, you know, I'm not bring in a date to work either.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're hawking dates on to me.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just it's a lot, and comedy sometimes is more fun when you experience it with other people, Like if you're sitting by yourself, it really has to be funny.
Speaker 1: Did you text her once you found out that she left?
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course I texted her. Afterwards, I text her and I said, hey, I didn't see at the end they said you had left and said did you have fun? Okay, and she texted back She's like real generic, It's like, yeah, what the.
Speaker 1: Review? But is there anything in your mind that you think maybe could have been the big red flag that besides the comedy outside of that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I would call back you want.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm wondering what's in his mind? What does he think went wrong?
Speaker 3: I can't think of a thing because we were laughing at dinner, you know, it was nice and she said wow, you know, and she even said herself, She's like, normally I don't go to dinner on a first date till you get to know somebody. But I have something special about you.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, sorry to interrupt, but the producer is giving me the red light, which means we.
Speaker 3: Have to get.
Speaker 1: And I'm gonna play a song.
Speaker 2: We'll come back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna call Megan for you, try and get you a second date update.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: Second date update all right? Halfway through the second date update is everybody are having a good time tonight? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, if someone wake up the guy in the back so that he can tip his waitress.
Speaker 2: Oh, man, she's.
Speaker 1: Already complained about my tip.
Speaker 3: That's my time for the night.
Speaker 1: Thank you, everybody.
Speaker 2: It is not good.
Speaker 1: That's really good.
Speaker 2: God, I just got so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Did you need somebody to open for you, Gabe?
Speaker 3: No, I think we got that cover. But you guys then yes, yeah, you're your so.
Speaker 1: Gabe recently took a woman out for a dinner date and then surprised her afterwards by bring into a live comedy show where, surprise, he was the headliner. I still think that's cool.
Speaker 2: But she left before he even got our stage.
Speaker 3: It's not cool.
Speaker 1: It may have been an emergency situation. We don't know.
Speaker 2: Get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thanks, She may have been busy in the hospital.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The thing I mean, you know, as a performer, you're always on the road, so it's kind of tough to meet someone and this one she really really liked. I wouldn't I wouldn't be like on you with you guys if it wasn't, if.
Speaker 2: It wasn't was important to you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's important to me, you know.
Speaker 4: Joke, there was a joke.
Speaker 1: Stop heckling for help.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't get your jokes, but I'm sure there's a lot of people that. Do I feel you, bro, Here's my one question. Did she know you were a stand up comedian before you guys went out?
Speaker 3: Well, I just told her I was an entertainer and that was it. Maybe she thought I was a musician. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, he's humble, and I like that about you gave.
Speaker 2: He brought his head lighting show. That's not humble, Jeffrey.
Speaker 1: Humble comes in all different forms.
Speaker 3: She had to find out eventually, So why not?
Speaker 1: All right, So let's stop speculating. We're just gonna call Meghan and find out for real why she isn't calling you back. You ready to do this?
Speaker 3: Yeah? All right, here we go. Hello.
Speaker 1: Hey, is this Meghan?
Speaker 4: Oh? Yeah, this is her? Who's this?
Speaker 1: My name is jeff from the radio show Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Oh, my co host are here with me, jose Brooks.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, why are you guys calling me?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 3: And yeah.
Speaker 1: We do a segment on our show called Second Date Update where we help our listeners who are having a little bit of trouble reaching somebody after they went on a date with them.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, and so one of.
Speaker 1: Our listeners is trying to get a hold of you. His name's Gabe.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, I mean we kind of got the sense that you were interested since you know, so.
Speaker 4: You guys talked to him, like what did he say?
Speaker 1: We heard from game and he told us a little bit about dinner and the comedy show surprise afterwards. What were your thoughts on that? How did you feel?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Then it was good, Like he's funny, charming, he was a total gentleman.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, that's good, funny, charming, gentleman. These are very positive things to say about.
Speaker 2: I just want to know what your reaction was like on the inside when he surprised you with his own comedy show.
Speaker 4: Well, when I got to the show, I was I was pretty excited, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, so you thought the surprise was cool because I didn't know, like we, you know, were speculating like maybe that is a little braggadocious or he gets fistical or very very I mean I just worried.
Speaker 4: They had the show itself, it wasn't really a problem, but when he caught up there to do his bit, it was it was really offensive.
Speaker 1: Gabe's gate set was offensive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it was is he like one of those like shock comedians.
Speaker 4: Well, no, he didn't really use any bad language or anything.
Speaker 2: Okay, what was offensive about it?
Speaker 4: So, you know it's not okay to do accents, okay, And he's doing a British accent, a British accent, I think that's okay.
Speaker 2: Why did the British accent offend you?
Speaker 4: Well, if I was British, I would be offended. He didn't even ask the audience if anyone was British, and this would be okay for him. Like, it was just disrespectful.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's a lot. They don't ask permission to tell a joke. You're you're there to see the jokes.
Speaker 2: Was it joke offensive about British people or something like? I mean, it was just the accent.
Speaker 4: I personally thought all that was offensive. He was just being really disrespectful to British people.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, I don't like this. Did you have like British family or something?
Speaker 2: Even so, it's pretty good humor British people and it's not a group of people that have been really pushed down through the deck.
Speaker 1: You know, Like, yeah, and that that was the reason that you left jokes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you guys might not think it's offensive. But I talked to a friend about it, and she's visited England before and she told me that that could be offensive.
Speaker 2: So it just your friend at one time. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to for your friend that one time went to England said that that might be offensive.
Speaker 4: It could be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean to have your bad.
Speaker 5: Surprisingly i'd be the one in the room that wouldn't.
Speaker 1: But I have talked to somebody. There was a girl I used to.
Speaker 6: Date who was in England, and she did say she hates it when people make fun of British people's teeth.
Speaker 2: And I didn't realize that he was kind of like low fruit hates it an offensive or two different things.
Speaker 1: Right bottom of it. It's just tough being a comedian these days. I don't know what you're allowed to joke about anymore.
Speaker 2: Jeff yourself, I would stick to yourself.
Speaker 3: British.
Speaker 2: Ok, maybe he's British.
Speaker 1: Actually that's a great question. Maybe he does have some roots over in England. And you should actually ask him that, Megan, because I need to let you know. Gabe is actually on the phone. He wants to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Gabe. Yeah, oh wait, so you you're now you're offended for a British accent because a friend may possibly at one time would have maybe on over the engl and maybe speak to some of the psychopaths that say, yeah, you may get offended on a British accent.
Speaker 4: I thought it was offensive too, you know, I I thought that myself.
Speaker 3: Okay, the British people in the audience that were so super offended, show a hand how many British people out there? Oh? None? Okay, is.
Speaker 1: British people listen? I apologize to all our people, name for Jose. That was horrible.
Speaker 4: I'm actually right now standing up for all races and all countries.
Speaker 3: So I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think you should be doing only accents at all.
Speaker 3: None.
Speaker 1: Spokeswoman Megan has laid down the law.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that you were writing the comedy Constitution. I'm sorry, Okay.
Speaker 2: You're gonna have to change a lot of bits, Megan. I appreciate what you're trying to do you here. I just think you maybe need to do a little bit more research into why things are offensive and why some things aren't offensive. Y, I declare.
Speaker 3: In the land of comedy that there will be no accent. Goodbye.
Speaker 2: It's not very good, it's not funny.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 4: I think that everyone should be really careful, especially Gabe, because I see him getting canceled because of this.
Speaker 3: Myself getting canceled by anybody who saw me out with you.
Speaker 1: This is getting a little bit out of hands.
Speaker 6: Yes, if you never make fun of anybody ever, then you're never gonna offend anybody.
Speaker 1: But I think you should have a balance.
Speaker 2: I think you're good man.
Speaker 1: You know what I think we need to do right now. I think we need to calm things down. We need to reach across the pond and make a connection in between.
Speaker 2: These two people are proposing a tea party.
Speaker 1: Yes, something on our bill. We will pay for it. What are you saying, Megan, one more date with Gabe? No accents at all?
Speaker 2: What about a German? Is German? Okay? Because German's pretty funny? Access?
Speaker 1: Zero access?
Speaker 3: Gabe?
Speaker 1: Are you are you capable of doing that?
Speaker 3: I don't think so. No. I cannot do it. I cannot have no accents. I know. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that's a nice that's a n Germany.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Okay, I.
Speaker 2: Just don't know what his accents.
Speaker 1: You might need to work a little bit on your routine there. But but it looks like we're not gonna be able to get you another date.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say no anyway, so I want another day.
Speaker 3: I don't want half my back to the Italian dinner? Ready to do?
Speaker 1: You want the Italian stuff? Gotta we gotta stop this. That's just move okay, because if game starts an Italian accident on the show, we're all going to get canceled.
Speaker 3: I cannot do a bad actions, but always got to be a good action.
Speaker 1: Hand Jeffrey in the morning. Yeah you said it. I mean that conversation just kept going from bad to worse. And usually Brook likes to stick up for the little guys, which in this case is all of England. Apparently that's the.
Speaker 2: Problem British art, the little guys.
Speaker 1: That shocking twist, Brooke was actually in support of making fun of other countries and races. Not true, that's that's true.
Speaker 2: You could do an English accent without being a fense.
Speaker 1: Okay, before starting on me, Brook, don't even bring up Brexit. Okay, it's gonna offend me and most of our British listeners. I mean we already lost Sweden after we did that. I tea joke. I am not losing another one here.
Speaker 2: I get what she's trying to do, but it's actually backfiring because when you do that, it makes the things that are actually offensive like it's not. It's not like cancel culture isn't a bad thing. Cancel culture is just saying, hey, don't do that anymore. This is my opinion. This is bad.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you make fun of everybody, then no one can be offended. No, okay, I'm still not quite kidding it, but text in the seventh to explain it to me. Who are we allowed to make fun of you? Who aren't we?
Speaker 2: Yourself? Just anything, yourself or the big guy. That's all you can make.
Speaker 1: Be more conscious of what you're kidding about, and also be less sensitive about your own.
Speaker 2: That's good. Yeahs, meet in the middle somewhere you go.
Speaker 1: Complicated thing. Remember, if you ever want to get a second date update email the show. We can call the person who's not calling you back.
Speaker 2: Brooking Jeffrey in the morning,