Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: So how did you even get to the point where you're even allowed to do government contract Because it's not like anybody off the street can just like I'm gonna do this tomorrow.
Speaker 4: So yeah, it ain't that fast. That's right, the thousand right, it ain't that fast.
Speaker 5: But remember it took me three years to get a government my first one. I was to the point where I didn't even know what the LLC was. Like, I was that like far removed from business, from strategies. That's why the community appreciates y'all because y'all giving us that type of information very very quickly. Right And obviously we're in twenty twenty three. You can find out anything right now. But back then, I didn't even know what the LLC was. I didn't know a lot of things, and I had to do a lot of research and digging. I'm all self taught, so I had to find out what the LLC was first formulate that. Then I had to go into the database sam dot gov and register my company. So that all took a while. There was a whole learning curve for me. I mean, I'm an do I don't even like to read still to this day, I don't like to read. Got no patience, so I like things just as quick as the next person. But I had to have patients to teach myself exactly how to be a valuable vendor for the federal government.
Speaker 3: So that acronym. I looked it up, so SAM system for Award Management. So you got to apply for that. You do, you got How how long is that process too? It takes like two or three weeks, two or three weeks. And then after you do that, you receive UEI Unique Entity Identify.
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, So that's just saying your business social Security number to the federal government. So you got that, you got the UEI, and then you got a cage COD c age COD right, The cage code is the same thing. It's two company identifies that let the federal government know on all levels that you are a valuable approved vendor to do business and bid on government contracts.
Speaker 6: So what all? Right? So the first one is the grease trap. What's the next contract?
Speaker 5: Oh Man Close Close dry cleaning seven thousand dollars a month for just dry clean and clothes for clothes I never seen or I don't have a dry cleaning company or nothing like that. Right, So they the government dry cleans your clothes, bed sheets, uniforms, et cetera.
Speaker 4: But somebody has to do that, right, So.
Speaker 5: They created a solicitation, which is what companies like mine's bid on and I want a contract.
Speaker 6: So I feel like just government workers, I gotta get that clothed clean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, uniforms and stuff like that. They provide that service for free for people in the military.
Speaker 6: So all right, so a few things. So how are you like, So you just going on a database and just seeing randomly, Okay, I need this, and then you find a dry cleaner or you already have a dry cleaner and you're looking for a.
Speaker 4: Dry clean Nah.
Speaker 5: So I do it the other way, like you said, I'm gonna look for what the request is first. It's too hard to say, all right, y'all got a long care business, let me look for contracts for y'all.
Speaker 4: That's put me in a box.
Speaker 5: That's making me say, okay, I only need to concentrate on looking for longcair companies because I got to look for a contract for this company.
Speaker 4: I'm in the box that way.
Speaker 5: But if I look at all the requests for proposals or the solicitations that the government's saying we need these services, I can pick and choose at my legion be like all right, I won't I like this, this is this, and then I can go find the companies. To find the companies is the easier part than to find something in a niche that you can only do or your company can only do. I'm not finding niches. I'm finding what the request is and then I go get the companies.
Speaker 6: So did you all right? So let's take this by example, this dry clean situation. You were on the website what's the website called against.
Speaker 4: Sam dot gov? So you say dot gov.
Speaker 6: You went on that website and you saw it something that was interesting. What made that stick up to you?
Speaker 5: Because it's a service, Right, I'm building residual income from the biggest purchaser in the world, the federal government.
Speaker 4: Right, it ain't going nowhere. That's really recession proof.
Speaker 5: That's really talks of financial literacy because they ain't going nowhere. When I see that it's a service and it's due every month for the next four or five years, guess what I'm chilling.
Speaker 4: I ain't hunting.
Speaker 5: The name of the game is to get a business where you can remove yourself from and you don't have to hunt.
Speaker 4: Every single day for it. So that's appealing to me.
Speaker 5: And I recognize that because that's kind of like the street game too a little bit.
Speaker 6: So I brought so you saw that the next thing you say, Okay, I want to find did you? So what made you pick Because even picking a business is important because you don't want to pick a business that doesn't do a good job.
Speaker 4: That's true.
Speaker 6: So how did you find a business? And how did you have that conversation with the owner?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: How was that process?
Speaker 4: That was difficult?
Speaker 5: I mean because where I'm com where I came from in terms of learning business and learning certain conversations navigate.
Speaker 4: That was kind of difficult.
Speaker 3: But this episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member fdic.
Speaker 4: Erners, what's up.
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 4: What matters most ready.
Speaker 3: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from El Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 2: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: When I told the owner, Hey, I'm already doing a contract at that facility, that makes it more easier. Now if people don't have that Todair name, then they can just navigate the conversation and say can you do this job? Oh, you can you're going to be doing it for X amount of pounds per month, and that looks good to a struggling business or a small own business. Because I only called small businesses that I know need.
Speaker 6: Work or like that you used personally, Well, no, not because I don't want to use them personally, because I need them to look at me as a boss.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: If I go to somebody that hasn't looked at me in that light and I say, hey, I need you to do this work, now, the conversation is difficult because I got to create the hierarchy versus when I don't know you. I've already created a hierarchy when I get on that phone, so they already know I'm a businessman or a boss or whatever I choose to be when I first get on the phone.
Speaker 4: The greense trap took you three years. Then you got that.
Speaker 3: Then obviously the laundry business service. So inside of that, you're competing against other people. For sure, you're not the only one that's trying to get this contract. So how many people are I mean, are you going up against it? And what separated you to say the government to say like, all right, this is who we're going with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I don't know the answer to that, like that's the that's my number one rule. If I don't know, I don't know. I don't know how many people I've been in against, but I don't care. The thing that separates me from others, I don't know that either, But I do know I'm more phone heavy than email. Most people think networking is going to a conference, a government contract and conference and speaking to somebody that works for the DD.
Speaker 4: To me, that's not network. I prove that right. So if their.
Speaker 5: Phone numbers and things of that nature listed on these solicitations, I'm picking up the phone. I'm gonna make sure that I'm memorable to this individual that picked up the phone. So now when my proposal come across, they oh, that was that dude, that was him, that was this that company. Because I don't know how old y'all are, right, that's how old I am. I could write on a paper application. I could get an application, fill it out, and I don't give it back to the person that give it to me. I say right to hey, can I speak to the hiring manager? When I give my paper application to the hiring manager? Guess what I just put a face to the name that fast. I gave myself my own interview that quickly, and I do that and I continue to do that with the federal government. I gave myself my own interview. Hey, that's who I am, this is what I got going on, this is my proposal that I'm going to submit in the next two or three days. And then I called back and I follow up. So although I can't answer how I was, I separated, but I think that's a big separator to just pick up the phone.
Speaker 6: So and then also, your company is like let's say, like white Services professional services right when it's broad range, it's like a middleman company, so it doesn't specialize in any one thing. That's a variety of different things. But you can't. So being that is the case, I guess you can't qualify for the nw NWBE right that minority business.
Speaker 5: So I can because any certifications isn't based off contracts, it's based off of who is.
Speaker 4: In that company.
Speaker 5: Case in point, if I wanted to get a veteran owned certification, somebody in my company would need to be a veteran. If I wanted to get a woman owned certification, somebody in that company needs to be a woman and control fifty one percent. So it's not about what type of contracts you get, it's who is in your company that allows you to qualify for those certifications, not.
Speaker 6: The contrat do you have then Nah, I don't need them. You don't think it's necessary.
Speaker 4: No, it's not. So you don't win.
Speaker 5: You don't get awarded contracts from certifications.
Speaker 4: Certifications do not help you win.
Speaker 5: They just help you go over here to this pool where the government is mandated to give you the money over here in this smaller pool. But guess what, when you're in that smaller pool, you still got to do what. You still got to bid. So if you don't know the bidding process and you got this shiny stick of to go over here in VIP, but you still don't know how to bid. If I get this certification, I come over here. They did because they don't know the bidding process. That's why a lot of people don't do government contract in the right way. They think to start the business, you got to be in business for two years, get all these certifications.
Speaker 4: But they missed the best piece.
Speaker 5: Bidding and understanding what those price points look like and how to submit proposals. So now you. You got your certification, and you've been ob and his pool for two three years.
Speaker 4: And haven't won a contract.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many people I've talked to Harry up and run out and got their certifications.
Speaker 4: They ain't never won a contract, Danny Life. So is it necessary?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Should you get it?
Speaker 5: If you can qualify for it? Yeah, but you got to understand how to leverage it when the timing is right.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,