Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 4: This he's Talking Cowboys Straining live from.
Speaker 1: The Dallas Cowboys World.
Speaker 5: Head hours at the Star in Frisco.
Speaker 6: TUO six second plus dot Kid Say Teddy point touchdown.
Speaker 2: And now your hosts Isaiah Standback, Patrick Walker, Josh Rodriguez, and Kyle Yeomans.
Speaker 3: It's a Talking Tuesday edition of Talking Cowboys, presented by a Black Rifle Coffee Company, live from the Star in Frisco, Texas, in the SWBC studios.
Speaker 5: Welcome in, everybody. We've got a Talking Tuesday eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 3: My question going into the day was going to be should Cowboys be buyers or sellers in.
Speaker 5: Today's trade deadline?
Speaker 3: Well, as of a couple moments ago, it appears we've found out at least semi directional minutes ago, literally as we were in the studio this breaks. I mean Jerry Jones on one to five three, the fan. We've got Patrick Nosey Walker, Josh Roderiguez, Chrispian. By the way, I'm Kyle Yeomans, Jerry Jones on one to five three, the Fan, the flagship station for your Dallas Cowboys said we're trading for a wide receiver.
Speaker 1: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: He said it, and then since then, multiple reports have now surfaced that the Cowboys have traded with the Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 7: Yes, so that's the breaking news coming in. Jerry set it up in a few minutes after he hung up with one five three the Fan. The deal was being reported by multiple outlets. Tom Pellicero of NFL Network and Ian Rappaport breaking the initial news. Jonathan Mingle is reportedly headed to Dallas from Charlotte. Jonathan Mingle will be accompanied in his carry on with a twenty twenty five seventh round pick that the Panthers are also included in the package, and the Cowboys are set to send a twenty twenty five fourth round pick in exchange for that package.
Speaker 1: And that's where we are right now.
Speaker 7: That ties into the news that as we have a wide receiver coming in to hopefully help the Cowboys offense, they're losing their franchise quarterback for a minimum of four games. That Prescott is likely to head two injured reserve per Jerry Jones, which means he will not be eligible to return until December ninth at the earliest, which is versus the Cincinnati Bengals. And we've already talked about this four game gauntlet that they're about to go up against. Per Mike McCarthy, he was unequivocal in what the QB rotation will be against Philly and going forward it will be Cooper Rush as the starter. Trey Lance is going to be your number two. So a lot of moving pieces there for the Cowboys offense heading into Week ten.
Speaker 3: So just to clean it all up, Jonathan Mingo and the seventh router rounder coming from Carolina to Dallas, and you exchange a fourth round pick for that, so you basically pick swap a fourth and seventh round pick. That's not an easy pick swamp, but you get Jonathan Mingo, who, as he walks in the building today and the current state of this Dallas Cowboys roster will be your wide receiver two.
Speaker 5: That is what you just traded for as a wide receiver two, a future wide receiver too as well, young wide receiver two.
Speaker 7: Yes, well, he's contractually speaking for those that are wondering, and I know you are because you love the science like we. So this is a young man who's still on his rookie deal. This is only the second year of his rookie deal, so he's contracted through twenty twenty six. Shit, the Cowboys keep him throughout the rest of that deal. So this is you talk about Brandon Cooks, who is eligible to see his twenty one day window activated on tomorrow Wednesday's practice. But Brandon Cooks is an unrestricted free agent after this season. Trading for Jonathan Mingo, you guarantee the WR two situation opposite Ceede Lamb beyond January, February or December, whenever this season ends.
Speaker 8: Yeah, when we were talking about it, we were talking about a potential trade at wide receiver a few weeks back, when we were still sort of.
Speaker 5: That was the one you wanted to do.
Speaker 8: That was the one that I wanted to do because even with Brandon Cooks in the mix, I felt like a wide receiver, an actual clear cut wide receiver to an actual threat on the outside, gives you a chance and we'll be able to open up the run. I think, at least for now. You look at Rico doing good things behind this line. He was averaging over six yards of carry last week, even though it resulted in a loss. I think they're starting to find some footing in the running game. Now that you have an actual threat on the outside, it opens it up even more.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I like the trade.
Speaker 8: Maybe a little too rich for my taste, sure, but ultimately, like Patrick said, you have him under contract until twenty twenty six, So now.
Speaker 5: That is your clear cut wide receiver too, Yeah, clear cut.
Speaker 3: He was a twenty twenty three second round pick, and I went back into my notes, I had a fourth round grade on him. So they went a little bit high. Carolina did in drafting him in the second round, but there were a lot.
Speaker 5: Of individuals around the league that had him as a.
Speaker 1: Top sixty player.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I had him where'd I have him at overall? I had him at one twenty four overall in that draft class, which I guess now hindsight site twenty twenty he was on a bad football team, but I think one twenty four in a fourth round grade was.
Speaker 5: Right around where I would have valued.
Speaker 3: Jonathan Mingo and what he's done so far in the NFL forty three receptions, four hundred and eighteen yards. He did not have a single touchdown his rookie year, then in twenty twenty four. This year, as a twenty three year old, he has twelve receptions one hundred and twenty one yards and no touchdowns as well, He's yet to catch a touchdown pass in the NFL during a regular season game. So, like I said, that's a bad football team. That is a bad offense. And he kind of got buried in the depth chart because they went out and grabbed guys like Adam Thielen. And there's another name there in Carolina that I'm blanking on currently. But there are bad football teams who really cares. The thing about Jonathan Mingo is that he does present a steady hand in terms of the wide receiver position that.
Speaker 5: You haven't necessarily had without Brandon Cooks in the fold.
Speaker 7: Correct, But here's my problem with it, And I think Mingo has potential. Two things are true. I believe he has potential. I believe this is too rich for my blood, A great on the fourth round pick. I believe this is an overpay. And I believe this is an overpaid driven by a sense of desperation, whether the front office will admit it or not. Because you're three and five, you're coming off your third consecutive loss. You haven't won a home and now your next home game is against the Philadelphia Eagles. You're heading into this four game gauntlet. You lose, well, you might lose wide receiver one. He's likely to play, but he's not healthy at all. He's far below healthy. And then Dak Prescott, you lose your franchise quarterback for minimum four games. Things just spiraling, right, So I think the Panthers knew that, and Panthers said, hey, you're going to have to overpay if you want to get Jonathan Mingo. So again, the potential is there when you look at you know what he was unable to do.
Speaker 1: And like you said, Kyle, it's your accurate.
Speaker 7: The Panthers are a bad team and they were a bad offense. The Cowboys right now are a bad team and the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Have a bad offense.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, okay, So you're giving up a fourth round pick for a guy to take a shot on it. You had to take a shot on the guy who's who wasn't able to produce on a bad offense, which and I say that because he has to be thrown the ball by quality quarterback and things have to happen.
Speaker 5: He is one of those there, which is or here, which is.
Speaker 1: Nice, which is fair.
Speaker 8: In Carolina is up for debate, right and say that.
Speaker 7: To say kind of segue back to what I said yesterday, which was and this is again, this is not a shot at Mango. Again, I believe he has potential. But even if this was a blockbuster trade, the blockbuster trade doesn't fix nearly as many issues as you need repaired in order for the season to get back on track. So where you're going to need is Jonathan Mingo or someone you know of a higher caliber. And then you're still going to need to fix the penalties, and you're still going to need to fix your red zone issues, and you're still going to need to fix your takeaway issues or your lack of takeaways on defense, and you need to fix your mistackles, and you need to fix your execution, and you need to fix some of the play calling.
Speaker 1: So all of this needs to be fixed.
Speaker 7: So when Jerry Jones told one O five three to the fan this morning that the move before the news came up, the move, that it would be a receiver and maybe like quote unquote, a storybook type move, we read two different types of storybooks because this, this is a move, it's a quality move. I agree with the move, I disagree with the compensation for it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm there with you.
Speaker 1: But even on its face, this doesn't hit storybook for me.
Speaker 7: Now, the Cowboys still have until three pm Central time for today's deadline to make an additional movie that maybe fits.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're traded for another Witers maybe, But it just gave it a fourth So now what are you giving them?
Speaker 1: You see what I mean?
Speaker 7: So also, they're kind of passing out fourth run like and I get it compensatory formula as well, so they're banking on getting some of these back. So that's in the mix as well. It's it's more chess than Checkers. But yeah, I mean, I'm I don't have a problem fourth too. Yeah, I don't have a problem with the move. I do have a problem with the compensation. But yeah, like you said, Caw, this is also a future move. This is a future proof move.
Speaker 8: It solidifies the wide receiver corps for the next couple of years at least, and especially with the you know, you have Kvante Turpin out there. Who's I mean, just the wide receiver corps that you have. I mean, there are deficiencies. There obviously deficiencies in the run blocking deficiencies and you know, uh, receiving, actually catching the ball downfield. I think some players are playing out of play, out of position at the moment, and at least you solidify that wide receiver too. Yet again, just to reiterate that point, I think it's a solid move, too.
Speaker 4: Rich.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is not the twenty eighteen Cowboys at three and four going into Monday Football against the Tennessee Titans and trading for Amri Cooper.
Speaker 1: That's not what this is.
Speaker 3: This is a let's give this guy who's twenty three years old, who was a second round pick out of Ole miss give him a shot to find his footing in Dallas as opposed to elsewhere. Because Carolina is selling pieces. They're gonna they're going to continue to be bad for.
Speaker 5: The for the foreseeable future, and they're going to sell some of their their.
Speaker 3: High end pieces as the years go along and continue to try and stack up draft picks. So Dallas looks at it and says, hey, we're going to try and pick swap. We've got a seventh coming back here. But if it was a fifth, I think I would be a little bit exciting, indeed more because if we're talking middle day two picks, you're trying to set up a wide receiver two on your roster for the future by all means, all right, sounds good, but a fourth round pick is a premium.
Speaker 1: Pick, Jonathan Mingo, So that that's where I get.
Speaker 5: Stuck, and I get it. There's probably some.
Speaker 8: Some who's drafting the fourth round for those I.
Speaker 3: Know, Yeah, there's some some pause on who's cow How the Cowboys use that fourth round pick in the past. How have they used it in the past. Well, they used it last year on Trey Lance. A couple of years prior, they used it on Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 1: And the Tree Lance thing. Do you see what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're throwing it out there a couple of different times.
Speaker 3: So they obviously don't have a huge respect for that fourth round pick, and they're gonna go try and find a wide receiver too if you had.
Speaker 8: You're counting on compicks though, to be fair, absolutely depends who, depends where they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, My thought process is which that you won't have a fourth round picked.
Speaker 1: It's difficult to get I mean, the fourth round cap.
Speaker 5: That's a high compa. That's the Yeah, maybe Tyrone Smith.
Speaker 7: Maybe No, I don't think he's Yeah, his deal is not.
Speaker 5: Big enough for I didn't think so either. Yeah, trying to think of who even would be there. I don't think they have one.
Speaker 1: I don't think.
Speaker 3: But my thought process is, if you're going into April's draft and we're on the draft show and we're talking about it and there's not a move made today and you have that fourth round.
Speaker 5: Pick, would you be okay using that fourth round pick to get your wide receiver too?
Speaker 7: And that that's an excellent way of framing it, because that's basically they're looking at it.
Speaker 5: And that's how they're looking.
Speaker 7: Because they have several years left on this particular deal. Now, the caveat is is you don't have four years of Mingo, you have two and a half. But the framing is correct.
Speaker 3: And you have the film of him being in the NFL seeing what he can do. So I feel confident in them saying, hey, we've seen something that we feel like we can bring out of this guy and we can put him in a decent offense.
Speaker 5: Of course, there's a lot to work on in this offense.
Speaker 3: But when Dak Prescott comes back, Jonathan Mingo is going to benefit significantly over guys like Bryce Young. And I mean, the last time the Cowboys were missing maybe Cooper Rush and Dak Prescott, you had Andy Dolton back there.
Speaker 7: Too, But maybe maybe he benefits greatly. And I say that because let's just shoot it straight. Before Dak went down, the offense was strug The offense was struggling in the red zone. They were not struggling to move the ball. They could move the ball, but once they got to the opponent's thirty and then the red zone, things the wheels will fall off. Okay, they are struggling with chunk plays mightily.
Speaker 1: They could not. They cannot get chunk plays.
Speaker 8: Even when the ball was in the right right.
Speaker 7: Defenses are playing too high safety because they're basically daring CD Lamb to right. So now ceede Lamb. He's battling the spring to the ac joint. We'll see how he feels, you know, by the time Dak gets back. But CD apparently isn't taking any time to rest. So how can you heal if you're still getting hit on that shoulder? So CD might not be one hundred percent when Dak comes back that will need to work his way back. It'll be December. What will the record be at that point? Can Cooper rush stave off? You know, a possible three or four game losing streak on addition to the three, which makes it a six or seven game losing streak. All these things have to come together and be perfect so that when Manko comes back. Schematically, things have to be better. Execution has to be better in order for the offense to take off, for it to matter this year. Yes, that mingle is here, because otherwise we're talking about it mattering for next year.
Speaker 3: I don't think this is a this year man and that that is exactly and which is why I don't want to give up a fourth round pick for it.
Speaker 5: That's that's where the conversation.
Speaker 3: That's where the conversation as I have a problem with what they gave up. And now, like I said, if you frame it in the context of in the next two years you have a wide receiver two and you use the fourth round pick to get there, great, But if you're talking about future potential and you're talking about a guy who's young like that, I would rather do a fifth round pick and a pick swap. With my seventh at least you still have the same number of darts to throw at the dark board because you flip picks. But a fourth round pick is that's that's a heavy price to ye for a guy who's probably not going to be a game changer in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 8: Specifically, he's great a ninetieth out of ninety one wide receivers.
Speaker 1: We're gonna take our first pick.
Speaker 3: No, we are going to take our first break because I do want to talk to Cowboys nation eight eight eight eight five two two nine seven. The Cowboys trade for Jonathan Mingo. Do you want them to sell at the deadline too? If we we knock this one off as a future compensation move.
Speaker 5: This is something for the future.
Speaker 3: Would you rather the Cowboys be buyers or sellers at the trade deadline?
Speaker 5: When we come back with more talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for fresh American roasted coffee that gives back, you need to head to your local grocery store and pick up a bag of Black Rifle Coffee. That's right, America's coffee is now available in the coffee aisle of a grocery store near you. Black Rifle Coffee Company is veteran founded with a mission to give back to those brave men and women who have served our nation. Every bag box or can you purchase help support that mission. Head to your local grocery store and roast yourself some black rifle coffee.
Speaker 6: Today, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheetah Savannah. Todd believe the big cat repellent he bought online was reliable, and now Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has at and T five G. It is fast, reliable, and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew.
Speaker 5: At and T five G.
Speaker 6: Fast, reliable, secure five.
Speaker 9: G requires compatable plan and device five G may not be available in your area. See add dot com Slash five G for you forty deals.
Speaker 3: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus, because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy liptball. Make a play for the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's Get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: If you shout how about them cowboys? You have that undeniable passion. That's the art of Cowboys Nation. And if you like to drink Doctor Pepper, you love the unique blend of its twenty three flavors. Together, you're one of a kind fandom paired with the one of a kind taste of a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper is the game day lineup that can't be beat better yet, Gather your Cowboys and Doctor Pepper fan friends to watch the next game and crack open a delicious ice cold Doctor Pepper for everyone.
Speaker 5: The wins will be even tasteier.
Speaker 8: It's a pepper thing.
Speaker 5: To Talking Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back here on Talking Cowboys presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company live from the Star and Frisco. This portion of the show is brought to you by Quaker Oats, the official Oatmeal sponsor that Dallas Cowboys Quaker Oats trusted.
Speaker 5: Since eighteen seventy seven.
Speaker 3: Would you like to share with the class, Josh Rodriguez, which you just you just enlightened us too, And I think everybody probably has already looked at this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the dolls just want to put it on the airwaves, right.
Speaker 8: The Dallas Cowboys, uh gave more. I'm sorry, they paid more than they acquired.
Speaker 2: What what what?
Speaker 8: I completely botched it.
Speaker 7: They gave up more to they gave acquire Mangle than they acquired by sending the Mark Cooper to Cleveland.
Speaker 8: Gy put me on the spot and wait what did I it's the stage fright for me?
Speaker 1: Like what are you talking about?
Speaker 7: Literally just like I said, I just said it as the lights of the camera.
Speaker 3: Loving it up for Josh because he just said it like right before we went on air.
Speaker 5: I know, like wow, great love that. Yeah, this guy voted this morning in America. I'm glad we can still laugh that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cowboys acquire Jonathan Mingle for more draft capital than what they got in return from G. B.
Speaker 1: Cooper?
Speaker 5: Did you know great book?
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 9: Not?
Speaker 1: Great?
Speaker 3: Both?
Speaker 1: The more you know? So yeah, yeah, out on the compensation for this one.
Speaker 7: This is just too rich. But let's see what the coupleys nation thinks about it.
Speaker 5: Eight eight eight eight five five.
Speaker 1: I know what they think about it.
Speaker 3: Two two nine seven eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven Talking Tuesday, Chris Beane, Do we have anybody on the line back there?
Speaker 1: Not yet?
Speaker 5: Not yet?
Speaker 8: Oh no, it is talking talking to.
Speaker 1: It is no man. No, we got a lot and say it with the chest when you come on in eight.
Speaker 5: Eight eight eight five five two two nine seven give us a call.
Speaker 3: But uh, but while we're waiting on the phone lines to start ringing, Uh, Patrick, you mentioned I R possibly for Dak. Were there any other takeaways from Jerry?
Speaker 7: Yes, as a matter of fact, it was so Dak likely hit it to IR and then you got CD likely to be available against the Eagles. Will see how things play out in practice. Ezekiel Elliott is also likely to be available versus the Eagles, per Jerry Jones to the fan, and we will see what that means, because being available and being active are two different things entirely. But what that statement does tell me and the rest of Cowboys Nation who were wondering, is that the future of Ezekiel Elliott as far as the remainder of this season appears to be in Dallas, right, So there was some people wondering if the team discipline situation would escalate to possibly a release in the two part ways again, but that does not seem to be the case at all. Mike McCarthy and Jerry Jones are pretty much in locksteup as far as Ezekiel Elliott. Sounds like whatever conversations they had after that situation, everybody's back on the same page. So now the question for Zeke just becomes will will they make him active on Sunday? And if they do, does that mean Dalvin Cook is not elevated the third time? And if Dalvin Cook is and Zeke is active, Like, how do you work that? Because Rico Dwudle just showed you once again that he can produce at a strong level if you continue to give him the ball for momentum. So yeah, that was another big takeaway is Zeke is likely to be all set for Philly, good for the game against Philly, but we'll see if he if he's made inactive or.
Speaker 3: No good news he I mean, despite what has happened recently with Zeke.
Speaker 5: He's a legend in these uniforms.
Speaker 3: I mean, he's a legend for the Cowboys, and what he's done throughout his career, you never want to see it in the way that it could have ended if they cut ties and keep him out and inactive and whatever it may be. So he's got a bit of a redemption opportunity this week, and I hope he takes advantage of it. And for again, I mean we've said it on these airways before. As much as we're analytical and we're critical of this team and their performance, it would be a lot better if they just played well.
Speaker 5: So I would love for Zeke to have some success.
Speaker 3: It would be so much more fun to cheer for Zeke as opposed to analyze what they can do elsewhere.
Speaker 7: Cowboys fans are really giving their feedback on Twitter right now, I'll tell you that, man, because.
Speaker 5: You know I'm not even on it right now.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm only just checking to see what the comings are for talking Cowboys so people know that they need and voice.
Speaker 3: Isaiah said he's trying to give a call in. By the way, we got we got a busy tone.
Speaker 5: Currently.
Speaker 7: Somebody asked which story book is it Lord of the Flies.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, let's I want to go through the comments section. Let's go to Nebby and Silver Spring, Maryland. Nebbe our guy, what's going on? Nebby?
Speaker 11: Uh uh uh uh uh Hi, guys, thank you so much for taking my call. I really appreciate it definitely. Uh, Kyle. I want to start off by saying, I want to thank you so much for the compliment you gave me last week when you said uh uh uh uh that I said this football team. Well, I really appreciate it, so thank you so much. And I also want to preach patients because I know our offensive line is struggling right now, but I'm really excited about and I am very high on these two guys. And that is our two rookies on our offensive line, Tyler Guidon and Cooper BB. And I'm especially excited about Cooper BB because he can just mall whoever is across from him. And I really hope that these two guys, but especially Cooper BB, I hope that they will be members of this Dallas Cowboys roster for a long long time. And one last quick thing before I go, and that is even though I know this is probably not going to happen. I would like to see more abduced fun on the field because, as I've said before in the past, I really think that to fight his lack of size, if you were to get fifteen touches a game, I really think that he would do really, really well for us. Take care, Thank you so much for being patient with me, and have a great week.
Speaker 3: By another great call, Navi. Appreciate you as always. Nebby's a true fan for real, and he does. He dissects the team. I meant what I said last week, and he says it again here. I am also very high on the rookies on this offensive line, and this offensive line is a problem. It's a It is not playing well right now. But it's not because of the rookies. Let me tell you a little secret. It's the guys on the right side of the line of scrimmage that happens.
Speaker 1: Because it's not a secret.
Speaker 5: That is not a secret, not anymore.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 3: It's the guys you didn't expect to be struggling. Zach Martin, Terrence Steele, You're too big.
Speaker 5: Money guys up front. Neither one of them are playing.
Speaker 3: I don't even want to say adequate football. They're both being they're both bad right now.
Speaker 8: It's hurting the off film line bad.
Speaker 5: It's hurting the run game.
Speaker 8: It's hurting the offensive line, and and you're risking the health of Dak Prescott.
Speaker 1: Obviously.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's it's disappointing to see. But hopefully they now that you have a little more solidified run game, I think that's going to improve. Not that finally had like, all right, this is the guy. Rico's the guy.
Speaker 7: The problem is you can't know that until you know that because Pittsburgh, he had a career day and then he was shelled Okay at the goal line. Fine, other than that, had a career day, Okay, then he was shelled. Now he has another great day, average just under seven yards per carry against the Falcons.
Speaker 1: I can't sit here and tell you that he'll be.
Speaker 7: Given the same number of handoffs when the Philadelphia Eagles come to town, because.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 7: There's this whole roller coaster of a ride with the running back by committee situation. And I see why Mike McCarthy doesn't, quote unquote he doesn't like it as a play caller because there's no you don't know who the guy is. Even if you know who the guy is, it's it's maddening.
Speaker 8: We all know who the guy is. Like at this point, what are we? What are we doing?
Speaker 1: That's a valid question.
Speaker 7: Now take that question and smear it all over.
Speaker 1: A man.
Speaker 5: Let's go to Dylan in north Port, Florida. Dylan, you're back on talking cowboys. What's going on?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 12: Hey, you guys ask the question sellers or buyers the trade deadline? I'm self self sell all the way. I'm in pure evaluation mode at this point. To me, as a fan, I think the seasons just about over, you know. Putting on my GM cap, I want to evaluate these guys as much as possible to know, especially the young guys like a Deuce Fawn. I think this running back room is going to be gutt in next year. I understand that are our boys going to give us the best chance to win right now, but I don't really care because it hasn't been happening. I don't think we're going to win regardless. Too many more teams, So I want to know if guys like Duce can contribute, even in just a gadget type role. I want to see ten to twelve to fifteen carries us in one game. After that, do whatever the heck you want to do at that point. But the issue is with with that mindset is that we have a coach here on a one year deal and the GM and the coach might see things differently. Yep, GM might want to evaluate players GMS or the coaches is fighting for his job. So I don't think we're going to see evaluation. What I think we're going to still see competitive try to win mode, and I don't like that philosophy for teams are right now. But I thin guess what we're going to see, you know, going forward. But to answer your question, I'm selling as much as I can and I'm trying to package picks next year to move up and other grab players or move up in the draft and grab you know, some some young guys. So yep, thanks guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course, Dylan always bring in the heat whenever it comes to this tach Cowboys team. He's he's very acknowledgeable. Whenever it comes to an I looster build.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent in agreement.
Speaker 5: The one thing is planned and we talked about it yesterday.
Speaker 1: Talked about that exact thing yesterday.
Speaker 5: Same kind of thing the killers.
Speaker 3: You got to make a decision if you're going to be sellers, because then you've got a head coach over there that has no tie to what the future is in terms of the Dallas Cowboys. Uh, if you are selling and you are conceding and waving the white flag in terms of the twenty twenty four season. The thing I want to say here is a a lot of times, and it's not always this way, but it does work out this way traditionally is the value that you get at the trade deadline is not the same value that you would get on draft day. So there might be some positive. It doesn't mean if they don't make any deals and they don't sell any of their high quality players right now, it doesn't mean that they're not going to before the draft happens a lot of times the desperation you talk about desperation and what the Cowboys did to overpay for Jonathan Mingo, A lot of times that desperation will fuel more compensation when you get closer to draft day. So don't feel like this is the be all, end all trade deadline. It's now, we're never We're not gonna sell these picks and we're gonna just pitter patter down the stretch. You're probably gonna pitter padder down the stretch in twenty twenty four. But that doesn't mean you can't revamp anything going into twenty twenty five.
Speaker 5: But there's still ways that you can affect your football.
Speaker 8: But today's price, tomorrow's price is not today's price, right, No, you're going going to overpay now if you are desperate, which you know, for all intents and purposes, we kind of are, and.
Speaker 5: There are other teams that are desperate right now to try.
Speaker 7: And exactly So, maybe you make the trade form Mango three weeks ago and it's a.
Speaker 5: Sixth maybe maybe possibly that's.
Speaker 8: Where my brain is, but there's nothing we can do as far as speculation goes. You know, like that, it sounds great in theory. It sounds great to sell everything now and like we talked about yesterday, gain as much draft capital as you can going into next year. I like what you're saying, Colin, that you can do that after the season. It's done, after we know what the result of the season is. And that feels like what's most likely going to happen. But I didn't expect to see a trade today. I really didn't. So maybe there's there's more, there's more on the table. I hope there's more on the table. I hope there's more moves being made today.
Speaker 5: And in hindsight, is twenty twenty always. I mean that's just kind of the case.
Speaker 3: But you do bring up a good point. I mean, Jonathan Mingo and Jerry said this was on their radar. He was a thirty visit for the Cowboys. I mean he was in the building. I mean I got to sit down and talk with the guy for the draft process. They had him on their radar from the very beginning. I mean that's you suck and whatever. Yeah, I talked to everybody, very very social.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not really.
Speaker 3: The fact of the matter is that they could have made this trade previously, but they didn't.
Speaker 5: They didn't do it.
Speaker 3: Because they were trying to figure out what they had. They were trying to figure out if they I mean they were sitting at three and two, three and three.
Speaker 5: And then it unravels the way.
Speaker 7: That you were five games in at that point, so you knew what you had. You knew that Tobert was capable wide receiver three with flashes of wide receiver two. You knew that Brandon Cooks was on IR for a hot man. You knew that you were going to go up against the Detroit Lions and then the forty nine ers, and then you had to go visit the Falcons.
Speaker 5: These are things that you knew I picked him to lose all.
Speaker 8: You knew that your schedule does come out before the season.
Speaker 7: You knew that your offense was struggling to no end as far as scoring touchdown. So again, the only thing that's really changed between three weeks ago and today is the price to acquire mango because of your desperation at this point. That didn't exist three weeks ago. But most of the variables were pretty much going to be the same. So it's proactive versus reactive, and as life teaches you, when you're reactive, it tends to cost you more.
Speaker 1: It's no different from what you're fixing your car. Right.
Speaker 7: You can either pay for maintenance, regular maintenance and you get your oil change, or you can buy a new motor when that when those pistons lock up.
Speaker 8: This is why insurance exists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got to pay for insurance too.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I fault them for not making this deal two weeks ago, though I really don't. Yeah, I know, I know what you're saying it because deadlines make deals, and.
Speaker 7: Deals caused the overpay. Yes, that's that's the crux of my argument. But they weren't going to make this deal two weeks ago. Are you being completely I.
Speaker 3: Mean, the the way that they look at this team is from an overly optimistic stepoint I'm being just completely honest with the way that Jerry Jones runs this team and the way that this front office traditionally has run this team. It's with the rose colored glasses that you'd like to see. Hey, there's a way to fix this. There's a way to fix this. If only Jalen Tolbert could step up. Maybe we can use Cavante Turpin as a weapon more often and get him the football in space and he can learn how to catch.
Speaker 5: For the first time in his career.
Speaker 3: There are things that you can hope can happen, that you could hope would hang out.
Speaker 5: And it's that hopium that we've talked about forever. They weren't gonna.
Speaker 1: Make this deal two weeks ago.
Speaker 3: They may have had him on the radar and they may have been looking for something like this.
Speaker 7: There was a world class philosopher that once said this statement, and it will go down in the annals of history as one of the greatest statements ever.
Speaker 5: Who's he going to be?
Speaker 3: Hope is not strategy who said that he did. I'm just I'm not saying that's what I would have done. Again, I don't like the compensation. I want to just make it be clear. But I'm just telling you from the way that this front office thinks this was not to get done before the trade deadline was even upon you.
Speaker 5: No, and it was never going to happen that way.
Speaker 8: As more losses pile on, the team will be more desperate. Desperate now the the more the debo we get into the season.
Speaker 3: Whenever you said a world class philosopher, I was like, where is this going? I was thinking it was going to be like a music reference or something, and then you looked right at.
Speaker 7: Me and our good friend David Hellman loved David to death. This is his tweet, and this is what I mean when I say set a top the show. One of the reasons because regardless of the Cowboys track record with the fourth round pick, the fact that it's a fourth round pick for this situation and this player. Not to knock the player, but it just it does. The value equation doesn't jib for me. So from David Hillman, Cowboys Found, Dak Prescott, Tony Poller, Tyler Biadis Dalton, show Storn's Armstrong, Jake Ferguson and back in the day, Anthony Hitchins all his fourth round picks, most of those are in the Will McLay erroo. Okay, and now you've given up a fourth Trey Lance. That's not painting out for you right now. And now you just gave up a four four Mingle for only two and a half years of control. So even if you look at it as oh well, if you're fine with them using a fourth round pick on a receiver next season, then maybe you're fine. I get the logic, but you lose a year and a half in that conversation. So when you start thinking about it in that capacity, and then you add like the tidbit that Josh added with you gave up more to get Mingo than you acquired by losing Amari Cooper. Yeah, it's it just the value equation falls short for me.
Speaker 3: So here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna take our second prey. When we come back. We've got Zeus in La on line. I want to hear from Zeus and the fans as we continue with more talking Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Right after this, Todd thought it would be secure to jog in the cheata Savannah. Todd believed the big Cat repellent he bought online was reliable. And then Todd is trying to be faster than this cheetah that can run eighty miles per hour. But the good news is Todd has AT and T five G. It is fast and secure, and he learned the best thing to do is stop running and toss her the backpack with the beef stew At and T fi G Fast reliable Secure.
Speaker 9: Five G requires CAMPAPBA plan and device five G may not be available in your areas. See att dot com Slash five G for U fifty deals.
Speaker 4: They say champions are remembered, but legends are never forgotten. United Agon Turf offers a winning lineup of John Deere equipment built to tackle any challenge on and off the field. Legendary John Deere Tractors combines residential mowers, commercial mowers, compact construction equipment, cater utility vehicles and a full line of golf and sports turf equipment. United Agon Turf, the official agonturf equipment supplier of the Dallas Cowboys. Visit United Agonturf dot com to find a location near you.
Speaker 13: Hey, y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster career comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yettie Cowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetie dot com. Check it out today. Yetti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And we're going to overtime Erica, how much have I spent on concessions?
Speaker 14: For questions about their money, Dallas Cowboys fans can turn to Erica, the virtual financial Assistant in the Bank of America mobile banking app. Learn more at Bankofamerica dot com. Slash Erica by your Side. Bank of America, Official Bank of the Dallas Cowboys. Erica responses me very digital tool featured required downloading the mobile banking app and may only be available on select mobile devices. Erica is a mobile feature only available in the English language. Your chap may be recorded and monitored for quality assurance, message data rates. Additional terms may apply. Bank of America and a member FDIC.
Speaker 3: To Talkin' Cowboys, Welcome back into Talking Cowboys, Presented by Black Rifle Coffee Company.
Speaker 5: This portion of the.
Speaker 3: Show is brought to you by invisil Line, the Official Smile of the Dallas Cowboys, alongside Patrick noc Walker, Josh Rodriguez, Chris Beam in the back of Kyle Yeomans. It is a Talking Tuesday eight at eight eight five five two two nine seven. We love talking to Cowboys Nation. We talked to Nebby and Dylan. We love talking to everybody. I mean from all the way across the country. We've had truck drivers call in while they're.
Speaker 5: On the rig. We've had people call in from their couch. We've had people call in from the beach. We even have people sometimes call in from the NFL.
Speaker 3: Network studios where they are currently filming Good Morning.
Speaker 5: Football, Zeus in La. You're on talking Cowboys? What's going on? Zeus?
Speaker 15: Good Fellas? My nickname is zoos aka as they are romon. Stand back, by the way, for those.
Speaker 5: That don't know, Zeus is actually your nickname? Like that's an actual thing.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, yeah, my boy Marcella's Kim, one of my former BATHLA teammates from growing up, called me Zeus because he said I used to throw lightning bulbs. So that's how that came around.
Speaker 5: Brad Sham still calls you that to this day.
Speaker 1: That's all that he did. It absolutely appropriate.
Speaker 7: Legend three and five with things falling apart, I feel like we're in hades.
Speaker 15: Yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 3: I'm currently looking at like fire behind you too, because your co worker Isaiah Kyle Brandt is like on the screen right now with his second So as.
Speaker 4: Soon as you thought you're gonna say, who's on the phone, yeah, network, you're like, sorry to disappoint you, Beamer, it's our it's our teammate Isaiah.
Speaker 5: Standback.
Speaker 8: So, Isaiah, who's your favorite Kyle that you work with?
Speaker 11: You?
Speaker 15: There's only one Ky now, there's only one k.
Speaker 5: Exactly. You don't even have a KB like nickname.
Speaker 1: What's lame, it's the world famous philosopher.
Speaker 5: Isaiah. Tell me what you think about this trade.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys trade a fourth round pick and they received Jonathan Mingo, former second round pick out of Old Miss in twenty twenty three at the wide receiver position, and they get a seventh round in return. Just kind of your initial thoughts after hearing the news out there on.
Speaker 5: The West Coast.
Speaker 15: Yeah, well, it was a just a position, and I think they did need to get a receiver just because of obviously Brandon Cooks is not there. Even when he was there, he was being underutilized. Now you have an injury to Ceedee Lamb obviously that he'll most likely play through. Then you look at the aspect that Jalen Tolberth's not giving you much in regards to his productivity on the field, so you did need somebody else to come in and be a playmaker. But when you start looking at what they gave up, they gave up a fourth rounder once again, just like you know last year they gave him a fourth round er for a trade Lambs, which I know you guys already touched on which you're not seeing a return on investment. You probably won't see a return on investment because he hasn't had any on field time, which means that he's no longer a trade asset as a trade deadline approaches today. So you pretty much give away a fourth rounder for a third or third string quarterback. And now you're giving away a fourth rounder just for a financial reasons and for a depth move as group where he may or may not have an impact. A lot lot of people are going to look at it and say, well, why didn't they get d Hot d Hop was a you know, they gave way a fifth for d Hop or a potential fourth. Well, it was all about the financial situation of the future, which we know the Dallas Cowboys are always looking at. They're always trying to figure out, how can we get to the most bang for our book in terms of finances and not necessarily the most bang for our book in terms of productivity. And I think that's where people, their fans are starting to have a little bit of frustration in terms of this conversation that continually gets given away.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean, the fact to.
Speaker 3: The wall the fact that there's there's going to be comparisons made with the Amari Cooper trade and the d Hop Hop trade, and the all of that is to be said in an outside of context and just kind of put it together. This is in context. It's a depth move for the future.
Speaker 5: That's what it is.
Speaker 3: And there's nothing really more than that that you can kind of pull from it other than the fact that you might have over paid and center fourth round pick.
Speaker 5: That's the one knock against this trade. It's a big knock.
Speaker 3: It's one that's not not really what you want to see at this point in time. Whenever I think all of us and Isaiah, you went on the show yesterday, but would you have classified yourself as in the let's sell category for the Cowboys at the trade deadline as opposed to let's be buyers?
Speaker 15: You know, I don't think they're in a position to be selling.
Speaker 11: Well.
Speaker 15: We talked about them coming out of training camp. They had a lot of trade assets because everybody was healthy. But now you're in a situation where everybody's injured. Right, You're your top four defensive the ends are all injured. That's the most depth that you had at any position. Group on your on your team, and that's where all your trade equity was at. Well, now you're down to your fifth and your sixth streen defense events and now you cannot trade. Who are you going to get rid of? You don't have anybody on offense that you could trade. You have nobody on defense that's trade worthy. Where where you're going to get in return an impact player? And that's where Dallas Cowboys are at right now. If you're going to make a move, you need to make a move for somebody who's going to come in and have immediate impact. If you're trying to save the season. Now, if you're not trying to save the season, then you're making trades for the future, And that's communicating whatever your thought process is to your fan base.
Speaker 3: I'm waving the white flag. I'm not really worried about twenty twenty four. If I'm selling at the deadline, I'm waving the white flag. I get what you're saying, like impact players. That's that's part of why I would kind of concede twenty twenty four. If I'm selling is because you look at it. Where are you going to grab a.
Speaker 5: Guy saying that?
Speaker 8: Because you host the draft show man, You're you're looking out for yourself right here, buddy, No, no.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be an interesting draft show.
Speaker 1: I will say that.
Speaker 5: I think if you're a realistic.
Speaker 8: I know, right, dang it. If you're realistic, you have to look to the future. At this point, I think just the and I know you said we're upstairs, probably overly optimistic, right, But at this point, sitting here, what I would do is sell, sell, sell whatever you can to build that up.
Speaker 7: Yesterday, that would have been a seller, absolutely would have been a seller. But that's again, and that's two trains of thought. It's our train of thought. But then the team's train of thought is and like I articulated yesterday, if you were to be sellers, that's basically you looking at Mike McCarthy and the final year of his contract and saying, yeah, we're just setting the rest of your.
Speaker 1: Season on fire. Like that's just what it is.
Speaker 15: Because yeah, but even then, no, see, like who are you selling? What are you selling? What position group? What position group? Do you have enough value for a player to leave your team and go make an impact on somebody else's name? What position group can you pull from?
Speaker 7: That's fair and as far as being buyers, and you know, you go out and you buy the rights to Jonathan Mango, which is basically what the trade is.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 7: It's not just the compensation that's the issue. It's the timing of it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 7: So again, if you make this move, you know two three weeks ago, maybe you're not three and five.
Speaker 1: Maybe you throw that, you know, when you're.
Speaker 7: Trying to come back against the forty nine ers in San Francisco, when you're on that final offense to drive and you go deep left, Maybe that's not terping.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's Jonathan Mango.
Speaker 7: Maybe you come up with that ball, and then maybe the butterfly effect is possibly you walk away with that win.
Speaker 1: Could be maybe.
Speaker 7: So that's what I mean when I say it's not the compensation, but it is certainly the compensation because I'm out on the fourth round pick. But if you wanted that player, you knew three weeks ago what the schedule was and that you were without Brandon Cooks and that the offense needed uh, you know, an insertion of electricity and dot dot dot dot dot. So that's what I mean. So those are my two biggest problems with it. If this was going to happen. It should have happened three weeks ago. Now that has happened. Desperation made you overpay Mmm mmm.
Speaker 3: Who's the Who's the most famous person that's standing closest to you right now?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 15: The most famous person. Jamie Erdol's over here taking some notes right now. She's getting after I call her jukeer, Jamie.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 15: We got we got ogbar bautch of Miller over there. We got mg over here with his feet propped up. So yeah, we're on break right now. And there's the Jerry Madelon. Jerry Madelon is in the studio right now. Yeah, in the studio right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I don't know why that wasn't the first name came out of your mouth.
Speaker 15: Come on, I just saw them.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank goodness, sucked to Jerry medalone.
Speaker 3: Tell uh, tell Jamie, she did a phenomenal job on the skull chant on Sunday Night Football.
Speaker 15: I thought that was Jamie our Della Cowboys Talking Cowboys podcast just said that you did an amazing job on a skull call hold hold on, she's coming on.
Speaker 16: Hey, I really appreciate that I do. It was one of the most nervous moments of my life. It was like wedding day jitters, but it was uh, it was an electric moment. And uh yeah, I got the text about Jacom Jamie wait to wait to lead the skulls out from Isaiah. So I appreciate that from who is this Cowboys Talking Cowboys podcast?
Speaker 12: Love you that?
Speaker 5: So wait, wait, wait, wait before we go, Jamie, do you.
Speaker 15: Havename to Isaiah? No about to ask you if you had a nickname for me? Yeah, Jimmy, I heard him.
Speaker 11: They don't.
Speaker 15: She hasn't came up one yet, came up one yet.
Speaker 5: Whenever she comes up with one, we got to know. We got to figure it.
Speaker 15: Out, all right, and arrested a Crusith.
Speaker 1: Hello, sounds up, there's g Matt.
Speaker 5: I heard g Matt in the background.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 5: All right, Isaiah, will let you go. We got to get off the air too.
Speaker 3: I know you've got the rest of your show to go, but we'll see you on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Bud goes zeus in.
Speaker 8: L A great, great call today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, calls all the way across, all the way across the board. We'll be back tomorrow. It's time to turn the page. It's time to turn the age page because it's division week.
Speaker 5: Philadelphia Eagles come to town.
Speaker 1: Mingle versus the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Mingo versus Mingo Legacy games. Jonathan Mingo wide receiver won. When CD Lamb's out this week, it'll be interesting.
Speaker 8: Last time we straited for a wide receiver and they played the Eagles.
Speaker 5: It went off.
Speaker 8: He went off.
Speaker 3: His name was Amari Cooper, not Jonathan Mingo.
Speaker 1: Looking at you, Yeah, we shall see.
Speaker 5: I'm feeling good about it.
Speaker 3: As Josh Love's chaos and I'm here for it, always chaos.
Speaker 5: I'm a chaos agent if you will, agent chaos.
Speaker 3: For Patrick No c Walker for Josh Right, guess for Chris Beam in the backup Kyle Yeoman saying so on from Talking Cowboys, we will see you tomorrow. Previewing the Dallas defense versus the Philadelphia offense.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.