Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jettie and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: Just days before the two year anniversary of the October seventh attacks, potential breakthrough one President Trump's twenty point peace proposal, Hama's agreeing to release all of the hostages, and Israel vowing to halt bombing in Gaza, but with key details still lingering, can the nearly two year war come to an end?
Speaker 1: So I was Meet the Press yesterday in which Andrew Mitchell Trump Peyton Andry Mitchell went on to say this.
Speaker 4: For the first time, we're seeing President Trump really putting pressure in at Genyahu to stop the bombing. When he said that, it was very significant. So this could be transformational. And you know, if this were to work out, and you know it was, it would be the Abraham Accords, it would be recognition of Israel, transform the whole region, and President Trump would deserve that Nobel Prize.
Speaker 1: The media coverage for mainstream media was more positive on this thing than boy, anything I've heard about a Trump idea in a very long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would agree. I would agree.
Speaker 5: The other interesting, you know, aspect of the media coverage I think is that more people are embracing the idea that nothing was happening diplomatically. It was all fake until the missiles landed in Cutter, Oh.
Speaker 1: Then all of a sudden, the Arab world was like, yeah, maybe we could actually do something about this, and in fact we probably should. One really stupid thing, Andrew Mitchell said, She said, bib Met Netanya, who the big mistake he made, an unforced air of huge proportions was that strike in Qatar, which united all the Arab countries. And I thought, yeah, united all the Arab countries around what Israel wants to do? What are you freaking talking about, old lady.
Speaker 5: Andrea, You are one hundred and eighty degrees off of the truth. Congratulations, that's difficult to achieve being perfectly wrong, completely wrong.
Speaker 1: Yes, that is clearly the best thing he did in terms of galvanizing the Arab countries, like we said last week, into thinking, Okay, we can't have this happening, so let's get on board with putting an end to this thing.
Speaker 2: Somehow.
Speaker 5: They point out that Cutter was furious and demanded Israel set things right, blah blah blah. But then a kabala reporters in the Wall Street Journal points out, and Trump just decided to try to turn the crisis.
Speaker 2: To his advantage.
Speaker 5: The attack was a sobering reminder to Arab countries of the risk of regional escalation, focusing their minds on peace.
Speaker 1: Right, That's a fancy way to put it. As always with anything in the Middle East. I mean, if you're old, you've heard this sort of thing many, many, menu many times. These things rarely work out. But this has got more support from more different political quarters than anything I can remember again when NPR and Fox both think it's a good idea, that's wild and.
Speaker 2: What pundit was I talking about.
Speaker 1: Trump is the most popular politician in Israel of anybody in the world. Nobody pulls higher than Donald Trump in Israel, and he has all these Arab leaders who like him more than any president we've had in forever.
Speaker 2: How do you pull that trick off? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Were the Arab leaders like you and you're the most popular person in Israel. But anyway, this is what Mark Alpernrode wrote today. This is how it's how to uh look at the next week a deal which will lead to implement implementation challenges. Then it's going to be how BB reacts after Hamas breaks the deal, Then how Trump reacts when BB reacts after Hamas breaks the deal, Then how BB reacts to Trump's reaction when BB reacts after Hamas breaks the deal. That's probably quite accurate about how it's going to play.
Speaker 5: Out, right, which is kind of what I was driving at last week. Even if they arrive at a deal. Oh and now's an apropos time to point out I tweeted this. It's a quote from I think it was in the New York Times or journal, doesn't matter. The quote was, while Israel and Hamas have each said they accept the hostage release deal, both hinted at significant points of disagreement, and as I said, in every other context in the world, that means we don't have a deal.
Speaker 2: My goodness, can we stop pretending we have a deal?
Speaker 1: We just have significant points of disagreement on key.
Speaker 2: Aspects of the deal.
Speaker 1: But yes, we have a deal, right, And then to the if the deal ever does happen, to get back to the original thread, yeah, Hamas is going to start violating it the moment they can, so well, that's that comes with the territory though that Yeah, of course, they they're they're they're whatever they are. But if this deal gets put in place, they're going to be in a really rough position to try to really get their thing going again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I like this couple of sentences.
Speaker 1: Uh, but the deal doesn't happen and it falls apart, Israel is going to, with Trump's backing, absolutely lay waste to Gaza.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they mentioned that Hamas bristles it fully disarming, wants better guarantees Israel withdraw. Arab governments are concerned that the deal is so tough on Hamas and so weak on a path to a Palestinian state. There's not gonna be one that they can't sell it to their citizens. The result is a risky game of chicken, where no one wants to publicly shoot down a plan that privately many don't think they can accept in full. Trump is steaming ahead, calling everyone's bluff by accepting their statements of support without acknowledging their reservations.
Speaker 2: Oh that's an interesting way to go about it.
Speaker 5: You got old Jared Kushner head into Egypt, though in fact he's probably there already with Witkoff showing real seriousness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is gonna be something to watch. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Marco Rubio is on all the shows yesterday being pressed very hard, and he kept bringing it back to well, look at Hamas if they don't you know, if they're not trustworthy. We know what Hamas is. What are we supposed to do dealing with a viper?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Right? I would agree?
Speaker 5: Oh and a final note from me anyway, the speaking of the Journal, they had a really interesting piece where they were trying to figure out what public sentiment was in Gaza and there are no reliable public opinion surveys in Gaza, and people are afraid of Hamas. But they were able to reach out to I think it was half a dozen different people, and the interesting part was they were absolutely unanimous Hamas should accept the US Broker deal despite what they see as the shortcomings. Different people with different life circumstances and you know, different places in society, but they all said stop the killing. And I don't think Hamas cares about our suffering. I'm very upset by their statements. We've had enough of Hamas. Please end the fighting for me, anything that ends the war is good, said a mother of a day's old premature baby. I don't care about Hamas's weapons. It's leaders they're fate or their prisoners. My husband, my son and I we are the ones paying the price.
Speaker 2: Stop it the people with guns win.
Speaker 1: Did you want to get that one other clip on before we move on to something else.
Speaker 5: Uh, yeah, we certainly can. This is what I say. What Yeah, No, it's a fellow by the name of Nate Friedman. He's at and speaking of things. I tweeted it. There was a big demonstration. I can't remember what city it was, but it was one of those queers for Palestine with a bunch of like transgender and flaming gay people wearing rainbow clothes, jumping up and down and chanting in favor of Hamas and Palestine. And the caption was how insane are these effing people? They would be executed the minute they hit the ground.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then you had this reporter going into a demonstration in favor of the permanent Omni cause, and he asked this question.
Speaker 2: What did you think of the Trump peace plan that was submitted? What did you think of it? Honestly, I haven't been paying much attention to it. But do you think that they should take the deal? I don't know. I think they should, I don't know. So they're not paying any attention.
Speaker 1: Oh no, No, so your queers for Hamas protesters. Yeah, not paying any attention to the biggest peace effort in the Middle East in fifty years.
Speaker 5: Right, that everybody on the planet is talking about. They have no idea it even exists. Well, that's that, you know, kind of covers that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Prize Picks, oh, Man, fun easy. It's daily fantasy sports whenever you want to play without having to get a team and a trade in the league and all that stuff. You just picked two players or more, say more or less on the stat projections.
Speaker 2: If you get your picks right, you could cash in.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I was looking at that number for Josh Allen that was on there the other day. The Bill's losing yesterday. I don't know how that turned out for you. You should join millions of users on this turn your opinions into cash pretty easily when you download the Prize Picks app today and use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. Man the Eagles are sucking, sucking air right now. Bet on them for under for offensive production. They're pretty terrible. But anyway, download the Prize Picks app today.
Speaker 5: Use the code armstrong to get fifty dollars in lineups after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's the code arms strong to get fifty bucks in lineups for just playing five dollars.
Speaker 2: It's automatic.
Speaker 5: You don't need to win, you get fifty dollars prize picks.
Speaker 2: It's good to be right.
Speaker 1: We will move on from this for now unless there's some breaking news on it, which it happened because they're meeting for the peace talks right now. But what do you do You think you think that it's going to at least be attempted to be implemented, or do you think it falls apart and there's it never even gets a chance. If I'm a leader of Hamas, I've got to at least make a show of agreeing to the deal, in complying with it, to try to get world opinion on my side.
Speaker 2: I think it's your only hope.
Speaker 5: If they openly defy Trump, they will get obliterated by the full weight of the Israeli military effort. And I don't believe for a minute that they're going to fully accept it and live up to it. So yeah, I really think, you know, outcome Number one that we mentioned is what's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Got a super moon tonight, full team coverage on the way, super a beaver autumn harvests blue supermoon, be very excited. I don't know if you saw the moon this morning where we are on the planet isom it was absolutely amazing.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is about when the moon is like full and giant, it what it does to our animal brains or something like that. At least for me, it's.
Speaker 5: Just, oh, it's yeah, it's amazing to gaze on another you know, not planetary exactly, but you know, another massive thing in space that's right there. You can just look at it.
Speaker 1: What is it about celestial orbs that put your life in perspective? I don't know, will delve deep.
Speaker 2: Into that or not.
Speaker 1: The whole National Guard going into cities across America, and then the court's saying, knowing all that, we got to get to that at some point. I hope you can stick around. How you're holding up with the shutdown and everything you doing.
Speaker 2: Okay, I hope so.
Speaker 1: Supreme Court is that's sarcasm.
Speaker 5: The isn't it siphoning car gas out of my neighbor's cars? Just you know, extreme times, extreme measures, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Just crazy.
Speaker 1: The Supreme Court is back in session. We'll take a look at the what the it's on their docket for this year at some point.
Speaker 5: What do you think of the whole ri Odd Comedy Festival controversy? Jack I said earlier, I don't have a strong opinion on it. The more I think about it, the more I think I do, I definitely have a strong opinion on it. I read the piece last week when we a Friday from a comedian David Cross, really blast in a lot of his friends, which was interesting. He can't believe that they're going over there. Apparently the contracts are out on the internet. Somebody leaked them.
Speaker 1: They're getting crazy money. We're talking big comedians, Dave Chappelle, Louis c k among others, but David Cross, Bill Burr. But David Cross's blast was you guys, you know, are politics lecturing the country all the time, usually on the side of you know, how awful America is on these issues or whatever.
Speaker 2: And then you go over to where country where they have freaking.
Speaker 1: Slaves and they stone women to death because they got raped. Yeah, and he said that the comedians that don't do politics, you know whatever, you don't have any it's a different deal.
Speaker 2: But and that that's what bothers me.
Speaker 1: A lot of these comedians have their act is lecturing everybody about how awful the country is. Right, Saudi Radia is a thousand times a million times worse than we are on all these issues. And you're gonna go take a giant check from these people and you're already wealthy. That was David Cross's argument. Dave Chappelle, Luisa, K, what do you need another boat? So you're really to throw away all your credibility for more money which you don't need.
Speaker 2: I think it's incredibly.
Speaker 5: Weak, right, And you know I don't care about the live golf tour for instance.
Speaker 2: Now that's different to me.
Speaker 5: Saudi's are behind that because you know, people gripe about that as they do trillions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Of business with China. Yeah, I know, and truly loathsommergime.
Speaker 1: But the nature of comedy is, you know, we call it speaking truth to power or the whole point of comedy is it gets at truth, often uncomfortable truths.
Speaker 2: But you can get away with it because it's comedy.
Speaker 5: That's why every dictator in the world they can often they can take being criticized to a certain point, at a certain point, they can take being opposed. The one thing they can't take is being mocked being laughed at.
Speaker 1: Well, how about if your comedy act is specifically taking on the idiots in this country. You don't believe in transgenderism or climate change or whatever the heck the issue is right, and you're going over.
Speaker 2: To Saudi Arabia to take money.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a real bird they mentioned in this one piece. Just murdered Joe Rogan for his distrust of max masks and vaccines during the COVID pandemic. He's derided America's epidemic of billionaires, gleefully ridiculed the insurance industry's terrified reaction to Luigi Mangioni's assassination of a young father who happened to be a healthcare CEO. He's had some real fun with that. But he towed the line, and he got on his leash when it came to the Saudi's telling him you can't mention, you can't make fun of our regime or religion in any way.
Speaker 2: Well, right that.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that's like written or spoken or you just know that, but oh it's part of the contract. Okay, okay, Well then forget it. I have no respect for you whatsoever. So you're gonna strut around the stage, is the big tough guy. I'll say whatever I want, nobody can stop me. And then you'll go to Saudi Arabia and sign a piece of paper where they tell you all of these things are off limits and you say sure for enough money. That is freaking week. Man, I've lost all respect. I'm like David Cross, I've lost all respect for Chappelle and Burr and Luis c K and I love those people.
Speaker 2: But that is just unbelievable. And Chappelle, my god, I'm so disappointed to him.
Speaker 5: He made the worst comment because he made some sort of crack about transgender this or that and and and he says, in Saudi Arabia, this is great. We got more freedom of speech here than we do in America.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? Truly horrifying he's dead to me. He's dead to me.
Speaker 5: Now it's a country where this blogger, his name is Raif Badawi. He received a thousand lashes and ten years in prison recently for insulting Islam quote unquote and founding an online site for political debate. And Chappelle's over there saying you got more freedom of speech here than in America. F you. Sorry, you're brilliant, but f you eh and those comedians about Chappelle. But I know h Burr Luisk regularly love to make fun of religious people in the United States, Christians, Okay, so you want to make fun of Christians, You're gonna make fun of anybody in Saudi Arabia.
Speaker 2: No, you're not. That's a freaking weak team man. Let's let Luis c. K speak for himself. You got that Cliffhandy Michael. So, so you're going to Saudi Arabia. You're big festival over there.
Speaker 7: Yes, I mean people have been playing Saudi Arabia for years, like comedians have been going and playing Arab countries. They said, there's only two restrictions. It's their religion and their government. I don't have jokes about those two things.
Speaker 2: It used to be when you.
Speaker 7: Got When I got offers from places like that, that'd be a long list and I just say, no, I don't need that. But when I heard it's opening, I thought, that's awfully interesting. That just feels like a good opportunity. And I just think comedy is a great way to get in and start talking. And there's Saudi Arabian comedians there, and I'm going to a comedy club in Saudi Arabia the first that I get there to just see what's going on. I love stand up comedy and I love comedians. So the fact that that's opening up and starting to, Bud, I want to see it.
Speaker 2: I want to be part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you like being controversial and getting to say whatever you want. You just said no religion, no government, that's the whole country.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they are liberalizing, and I get his point about I want to be part of that and help that, Bud.
Speaker 2: It's an interesting counter argument too.
Speaker 5: Drop us a note, what do you think mail bag at Armstrong and getdy dot com is the email addressed mail bag at Armstrong get.
Speaker 1: I'd like to see them do some sort of edgy joke where they take this on or are you gonna toe the line in a way that you don't have to in the United States. Of course, you have more free speech in Saudi Arabia. And then bad mouth America's good lord Artrong.
Speaker 6: And our third and short first down, de Martana off to the races, twenty ten touchdown.
Speaker 2: Oh did he drop it early? Boy, that's gonna be closed. Oh my goodness. Point he extended it with his hand a little bit.
Speaker 1: With that guy from the Cardinals, he does a seventy yard touchdown run, drops the ball right before the goal line, except he was strutting in and kind of just dropped it. Dropped it now like intentionally job he does the cool guy, look at me run the Okay.
Speaker 5: Not only that, but that would have cemented the game for the Cardinals. And and so they coughed up the ball. Who are they playing? I can't even remember. But anyway, the other lowly team was at Tennessee. It was one of your lowly teams. Yeah yeah, rallied and came back in.
Speaker 1: Won, and Eagles and Bill's Lows both lost. So no one beating teams right now in the NFL.
Speaker 2: That's that. On that.
Speaker 1: So we talked last week about Barry Wise, who runs Free Press, got she got offered a deal several weeks ago from CBS, and everybody knew about it, Paramount and a lot of talk in the world of media whether she would talk take it or not, because she is a hardcore honest broker, tries to be an honest broker in the media. That's why she left The New York Times in the first place, and she ended up taking the deal CBS. The story is one hundred and fifty million dollars to acquire her free press thing, which is which is quite the story, and commentary magazine writing about what an amazing media story this really is, and it is it is, and then Joe is going to talk a little bit about what the future might look like. But a couple of notes about Barry Weiss's announcement last week about the joining together of the Free Press and Paramount. First, this makes the Free Press one of the most amazing, entirely organic successes in media history. Barry didn't know that this was how it was going to turn out, or what was going to turn out when she quit the New York Times because she felt like they were not being honest brokers. When in the news that they're putting their thumb on the scale for progressivism or liberalism or whatever.
Speaker 5: Well, and she believed that there was a market for being a media traditionalist that is traditional.
Speaker 1: That's why I'm excited about this story because that's kind of what we try to do and to know that there's enough of a market out there. She did it with three people, including her wife and her sister, and then the response to what she was doing dictate its growth like any great startup, but moved with the consumers who were responding to it and made it its own market. In our announcement video, Berry says the Free Press had one point five million subscribers who pay ten dollars a month. That's one hundred and twenty dollars a year, So that's more than one hundred and fifty million dollars in revenue per year. That is quite an amazing and that's been three years. Went from three employees and this is what we're going to try to do with journalism to that that's absolutely amazing, and it is. It is one of the biggest media success stories ever, certainly in this era of can there be any can anybody break through?
Speaker 2: Right? Right?
Speaker 5: So, fans of the free press are a little concerned about, you know, sell it out going for the corporate record deal, you know, back in the day in rock and roll fans know what I'm talking about. But her statements are terrific about it. Before we get to that though, speaking of free speech, I gotta tell you this. So we're getting our house remodeled, and our kitchen hasn't existed for months and so, and they're doing the floors, and the fumes are terrible, and so we've been eating out a lot and rented a place near our house because we just can't take the fumes.
Speaker 2: But so anyway, we go out for dinner.
Speaker 1: The other night, and in the table right next to us, and it was a fairly quiet place, real near the house, two couples and one of the women talked constantly, oddly enough. And this col at least sixty at least sixty loud voice, the kind of voice you can hear two tables way in a loud place. And this is a quiet restaurant, never stop talking oddly enough about college football. Okay, And I was gonna ask, are you the sort of person that if you can hear overhear other people, you can't not pay attention to them.
Speaker 5: It is very, very difficult for me to ignore it because my brain keeps engaging in what they're saying.
Speaker 1: That's interesting because some people are like that, like one of my sons that way. I'm not that way at all. Somebody can be having a conversation next to me. I'm just blocking out completely. But I know, like my sometimes people are having a conversation with you.
Speaker 2: Because I'm not interested in what you're saying.
Speaker 1: But my son and his mom they cannot not they can't listen to you while you're talking to them if somebody else is talking behind right, Yeah, yeah, so I've got a bit of that too. But so and there's four people at this table.
Speaker 5: Seriously, this woman was responsible for ninety six percent of the verbiage expressed. Okay, just on and on and on, so loud, and I was doing my best to ignore it. It's okay, you know, it's not like she was espousing you know, Nazism or anything horrible. It's just so much noise that'd be more interesting. So finally, you know, they get done, they leave. We finish our dinner in peace, but because we have no kitchen, the next night we go out to our favorite Mexican place not far from the house, and we sit down and the waitress comes over, and Judy looks to our right and says, oh my god, no way, yes, really, same two couples, same woman, prattling on.
Speaker 1: At the top of hermo I know. I was like, no, I mean, it's impossible.
Speaker 2: That they would go out to eat again.
Speaker 1: At a different restaurant the same night as you, and the same time.
Speaker 2: I mean, well it is.
Speaker 5: It's not like back when we had our cabin up in the mountains and there are effectively four restaurants in town.
Speaker 2: No, there're dozens of.
Speaker 1: Them, and they're right at the next table, and she's prattling on and on this time, oddly enough, about pro football, and again it is extremely knowledgeable. She's talking about Kirk Cousin's character and why that mattered. But again, I'm at top volume, supplying ninety five percent of the verbiage at the table.
Speaker 2: I I don't know.
Speaker 1: If other parents do this, and maybe I shouldn't be doing it myself, But because I'm so annoyed by people who dominate conversations like that, I really have been in tune with that with I got one kid in particular where I say now, now, I just want you to realize that we all been sitting here and you've done like ninety percent of the talking since we that down. So how about you let other people talk a little bit because you don't want to be that person.
Speaker 2: Right now, I've absolutely done that.
Speaker 1: I always wonder when I meet people like that, like, did nobody ever tell you to look around? There's seven people at this table. Has anybody else said a word other than you? Do you think everybody else wants it that way, that you're the only one who talks. I mean, nobody ever said that to them their whole lives.
Speaker 5: Ellen, one of the handful of people I love more than anything on earth, had a habit of expecting your rapt attention, but was visibly uninterested the moment anyone else started talking.
Speaker 2: And we have worked on that as well. Yes, but again that's no.
Speaker 5: I think that's that's good parenting, that's good good to mentoring.
Speaker 2: All right, So back to the Free Press.
Speaker 5: Let's see, it's rather a long email that Barry Rice Owiss wrote. If you're not familiar, it's be a r I by the way.
Speaker 2: Before you get into it.
Speaker 1: Like I said last week, I haven't been worried about because I think her whole shtick. I mean, she risked her entire career leaving The New York Times. She is not going to all of a sudden roll over and not do what she's been doing, in my opinion.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And she goes into the philosophy behind the free press. We would marry the quality of the old world to the freedom of the new. We would seek the truth and tell it plainly, and we would treat readers like adults capable of making their own choices. Again the Armstrong and Getty formula as well. At least that's what we try to do. And she gets into the fact that she was told over and over that's impossible. The only way to go is just complete, flaming, one hundred percent partisanship, and she mentions as of today, I am editor in chief. Oh, she says, I'll continue to lead this incredible community alongside my tireless team, remaining CEO and editor in chief, but I'll be taking on another title too. As of today, I'm an editor in chief of CBS News, working with new colleagues on the programs that have impacted American culture for generations, like sixty Minutes Sunday morning, shaping how millions of Americans read, listen, watch, and more importantly, understand the news in the twenty first century. And as I speculated last week, she's absolutely hardcore, remaining true to her principles. But she points out, excuse me, that this new partnership and the money involved gives the free press, which will continue to be the free press, even more resources to do big.
Speaker 2: You know, like long term reporting.
Speaker 1: You work on this for six months and bring us the big story stuff that's vanishing from today's news.
Speaker 2: And she is.
Speaker 5: Going to work like crazy to turn CBS News back into a news organization and not a partisanship organization.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't know if you saw the first story on sixty minutes last night, but the first story was about featuring parents whose kids have these horrible lives. Now it looks like because of vaccinations they got.
Speaker 2: Oh that they didn't interact well with.
Speaker 1: Now that's I don't think that's a story sixty minutes would have done last year.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 5: No, So final note from Barry I think for now is she says, as proud as we are of the one point five million subscribers who've joined under the banner of the free press, and we are astonished at that number. This is a country with three hundred and forty million people. We want our work to reach more of them as quickly as possible. That is I actually believe she means that.
Speaker 1: That is something though to start out now, she had a very high profile start because of leaving the New York Times. He got so much attention. So it's not like, you know, just any random persons with a startup media empire. But that's still amazingly impressive growth.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if you're not a subscriber, you know you hear some of their content here. But it's it's terrific old style journalism. They say stuff that challenges my beliefs all the time. They frequently frequently challenge the views of the half wit progressive, incurious media. I mean, every single day.
Speaker 1: Right, and I'm sure are wrong sometimes I don't care if you're wrong. If if I believe that you're at least trying to get the story out correctly, that's you're.
Speaker 2: Going right well.
Speaker 5: And to their credit, if they are quote unquote wrong about something either, beholder what of their other people will write a piece saying, hey, Jim, you're wrong about this, and here's why I think so. And they'll publish it, yeah, with a link to the original piece, and then often they'll have a little dialogue between the two. Trust again, trusting adults to way ideas Like adults, what do.
Speaker 1: You think of people who dominate conversations? Like you're at a restaurant, You got a table full of ten people and one person does all the talking without noticing.
Speaker 2: What are you what are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 1: Our text line four one five two nine five KFTC wile the Washington Post with an interesting piece about the shutdown and the specific of the Affordable Care Act and what's going on there and the wrangling over there. Uh with this line, the real problem is that the Affordable Care Act was never actually affordable.
Speaker 2: Wow. In the Washington Post.
Speaker 1: We'll have to get into that more an hour three because that's an interesting topic. We have been mentioning how nobody in the real world brings up the shutdown to us. Ever, nobody's talking about the shutdown. However, several people were bringing this up story, this story up in real life.
Speaker 2: In case you didn't hear.
Speaker 8: It, A secuters alleged Fox Sports analyst and former NFL quarterback Mark Sanchez approached the sixty nine year old box truck driver and escalated a dispute about the victim's parked vehicle. According to the probable cause affidavit, after Sanchez allegedly shoved the driver, the driver believed he was now in physical danger, grabbed his pepper spray and sprayed mister Sanchez in the face. The affidavit says Sanchez again advanced towards the driver, saying the driver thought this guy's trying to kill me, so he pulled his knife and when mister Sanchez came at him, ultimately striking him multiple times. Polis say when a detective tried to get a statement from Sanchez at the hospital, mister Sanchez said he did not know who did this to him or where it happened. Sanchez is now facing multiple criminal charges, including battery resulting in injury, public intoxication, and unlawful entry.
Speaker 2: Of a motor vehicle.
Speaker 1: If you're not a sports fan, that's a pretty well known former NFL quarterback who's now part of the broadcast team for Fox and The story broke on Saturday that Mark Sanchez had been stabbed and then there are very few details at the time, and I thought it was that night in an alley near a bar. I thought, well, there's a lot of things that could have happened here. Let's not immediately jump to the how awful it is for Mark Sanchez side of things.
Speaker 2: I want to know what happened, right well, if it's the way it was described there, he's.
Speaker 5: A story as it was presented to me on Sunday morning, I think, was that Mark Sanchez had been stabbed several times and he got arrested and the stabber did not get arrested. And as I was talking to one of my golf buddies as an attorney, I said, Wow, something really interesting happened, and the authorities are sure about it, because that just that doesn't happen sure enough. Was all on video, as you know the reporter at just described.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I don't know if you've ever been around an NFL football player, but they are giant, freaking human beings.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the small ones are huge, and.
Speaker 1: If one of them was angry at you and physically coming after you, you would be.
Speaker 2: Scared for your life. And I guess he was hammered, So he's the he's the angry drunk.
Speaker 1: Apparently if he well, for one thing, if he legit does not know who stabbed him, then yeah, he's got a bit of a problem there with that situation, or that was a good dodge. I have no idea, but yeah, uh, if it would. I've known a couple of football players my life who liked to beat up smaller people. I thought it was despicable, but they like to do it. They like to get drunk and beat up smaller people. They loved it. They looked for any opportunity. And I don't know if he's one of those guys, but he could be. Yeah, well, his career is bye bye. I would I suspect absolutely his only chance and his publicist is working on this right now. Is a tearful and sincere taking a full responsibility announcing that he's an alcoholic in going to rehab.
Speaker 2: Well, he needs to get a hold of P Diddy.
Speaker 1: Apparently that works, so P Diddy did his whole I am ashamed.
Speaker 2: I take full responsibility.
Speaker 1: I don't know what I was thinking, having a decade worth of forced violent orgies.
Speaker 2: I just you know, it's a mistake. And he got four years. He only got four years.
Speaker 1: And then the victim statement didn't happen because the victim didn't show up, and according to her people, she got a pretty nasty letter from his lawyers. I'm wondering if there weren't some other communications that weren't the legal kind, because she was supposed to testify Friday and do the whole victim statement. This is how it ruined my life. This is how awful it was. And she didn't show.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Fear absolutely fear they got to her somehow. Hey, by the way, we know where your kids live. You know that sort of thing. I'll bet you it's absolutely a p diddy.
Speaker 2: Sort of thing to do, right. He got four years for that. You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't remember what all he got convicted of. Honestly, I didn't have a strong opinion about that because I knee again. Well, he's a freaking monster.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 1: He'll go out and do it again. Don't you think I'd be shocked if he doesn't do that sort of thing again in his life? What sort of thing? Just drug abuse women? Yes, I think maybe he's learned his lesson.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don't kick him across state lines. Make sure that that's the lesson something like.
Speaker 5: Freak unless oh oh, speaking of which, that to me again, I don't remember specifically what he got convicted of, so I didn't really have an opinion on that. But you remember the twenty two year old guy who tried to kill Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. It was half a nut job and was outside his house with burglary tools and weapons and said, yeah, I'm here to break into the Kavanaugh Well.
Speaker 2: About the ro versus Wede decision, right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: A Biden appointed judge spent seven hours Friday justifying a shocking departure from sentencing guidelines. She sends them to a very very slight sentence. I don't have in front of me, but among this judge's speech.
Speaker 1: Or within it was Judge Boardman said miss Rosky came out to herself as transgender in twenty twenty, but kept it secret.
Speaker 2: This is the offender.
Speaker 5: Ms Roski's sister came out his day two years prior, but mis Roski saw that their pay and struggled to reconcile her sexuality with their religious beliefs. I am heartened that this terrible infraction has helped the Rosky family accept their daughter for who she is.
Speaker 2: Wow, the judge said, of this man, Wow, that's that. Next hour, Yeah, crazy Armstrong and Getty