Speaker 1: Welcome back to Unplugged.
Speaker 2: We finally got my guy in the building making his first appearance on this new, revamped Unplugged stack.
Speaker 1: What's up, bro?
Speaker 3: Cool on what s up? Shoot?
Speaker 1: Ship? How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: It was cool, man.
Speaker 4: I ain't doing too much nothing, man, just getting ready for Turkey Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, I mean you you were the talk of the internet for a few days, bro. He was buzzing when we put your when we put your own music out.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Man, I didn't expect that either, and I didn't even know y'all was posting that ship.
Speaker 4: But it turned out being good as usual.
Speaker 5: A lot of people that didn't know I rapped chimed in a lot of people that knew I rap chimed in, and I heard my music saying I need to do more music.
Speaker 4: I got to hit from Bun b and Killer Collie on. So you know, guys that.
Speaker 3: Got a lot of love.
Speaker 1: You got a lot of love on the GRAMD too. The Graham was apavy with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my damn was going crazy. So it inspired me to do some more music. Man.
Speaker 1: Uh oh, you about to get back in the lap.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna do another projects. Bout ten songs all the Smoke, Volume one, Volume one, the original. Yeah, like like my boy Dylan said, a lot of people I missed the social media area era when I was doing my music, and I was doing a lot of stuff, more than any rapper of a dumb besides Shack probably, but I probably did more.
Speaker 1: Got a lot of music. Yeah, so just to be maybe maybe you can cook something up before All Star we go back.
Speaker 5: To the bay. Yeah, it takes no time. But what I got four month, three months? Yes, it's easy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I like it. I like it.
Speaker 2: Well, Kendrick just dropped on Friday and obviously had everybody ears to it. Gn X came out What was your thought? Twenty twenty four. It's been heavy for Kendrick and I was actually late. I'm finally just getting to it last night and this morning. But this ship is going for me. What'd you think of it?
Speaker 3: He jamming?
Speaker 5: That's what kids you do. I mean, I would never go against songs like that. You know what I'm saying, that's that's a show shot. You know, you're just behaving that ship jamming and his content. You know the stuff he was saying in it, you know, it's real deep, even with the car. You know, the car came out the year the year he was born. It was only the further original was black on the cover. So like, it's a lot of stuff that he's saying that's deep. And I didn't even take what he said about Wayne and Snoop as a disc you know. Yeah, I didn't take it that way. I don't think Wayne did too, but I think he still had to respond, But you know, I don't. I don't think that should end up as a as a beef, you know, with Kendrick and Wayne.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like the song was dope. He responded to how Wayne?
Speaker 5: You know, he kind of felt like he wanted Wayne to congratulate him too, because he looked up to Wayne. He's the jam Wayne. You know what I'm saying. But I feel how Wayne felt too. We coming home. This is my home. I'm the best rapper ever come from, you know. So I look at it both sides. Man, I just hope it don't end up in nothing negative. But if Wayne did come up with a song and responded, I wouldn't be mad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I didn't look at it as a disc by any means. And I actually heard someone tell a story about how kind of that came about. They said that, I want to say it was Jay Rock had Wayne in the studio and they said something like Wayne had hit like not twelve singles off for twelve different or you know, for a handful of different people in one night. And it made Kendrick kind of evaluate, like, Yo, this is how we got to work, you know, this is how hard we got to work. So when he said my hard work let Wayne down, I think he was paying homage to Wayne initially because Wayne gave him a different grime is from what I heard. So I don't really know how true the story is, but it seemed like a.
Speaker 1: Pretty logical reason. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean, like I said, I don't think it needs a tone there. And as we've talked about on this show before, man, I completely understand where this could have been a great opportunity for Wayne to write off in the sunset, you know, to kind of the stamp on the legendary career. But it didn't happen to beginning at the same time, I mean, who's I can't recall an artist who's had a bigger year in a while, you know what I mean? A lot of people have put out good music. But who have really kind of controlled twenty twenty four obviously the last half of twenty twenty four. And what I liked about the album too and again, and I'm still studying it. But the Na's influence, the Pock influence, you know, the lady he got from the Dodger game, and he put on maybe six unless you're kind of a real West Coast head or LA artist. He put on six young if I'm not mistaken, LA guys that you know, obviously this is going to be their highest stream ever. So he did a lot of things, the Luther sample and so yeah, I'm really appreciating this body of work as I continue to study it. But I mean, shit, Kiddings had a hell of a twenty I actually talked to top his I don't know if it is his manager or just his partner anymore, and he just, you know, to put out a statement about, you know, stay out the way right now, this is the dangerous man. And me and him were hitting. He told me Kendricks and Mamba mentality right now. I started laughing, like he's definitely, he's definitely on one right now.
Speaker 5: Got you gotta respect. I mean, Wayne been having this run for a long time, and they to it. They too it a go. So people definitely want to see them butt heads because they know how Wayne get down, they know how kids would get down. But at the same time, I see the respect that they have for each other in both of their posts.
Speaker 2: I hope that somehow, someway we get Wayne at the super Bowl. Somehow, someway. I mean, obviously there has to have some conversations have to be had, but I think the world would love that. To backtrack a little bit, Jack, how did how did the rap how did the rap bug bite you?
Speaker 1: How did you get into rapping?
Speaker 2: And who are some of your you know, your inspirations and shit, Like you said, you're rejuvenated to get back in the studio right now.
Speaker 1: But where did it all start for you?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 4: Being from Texas, we we didn't listen.
Speaker 5: We didn't hear too much outside music outside of Texas because Texas is so big and being in South Texas, all we heard was really Texas music and Louisiana music because we forty five minutes from Louisiana. So DJ Screw really was the first person to open my ears in a lot of people ears to music from the West Coast and East Coast, but he if you know anything about DJ Screw, he slowed the music down, so a lot of we heard music from everywhere. So DJ Screw he had such a big influence that he had. He started bringing local rappers in and they start freestyling to beach from everywhere from it was West Coast beaching and so we all start riding listen to that, So we all start freestyling from listening to DJ DJ Screw. We tried to pick up that same cadence, that same freestyle from growing up listening to that, and that started me rapping.
Speaker 3: That started me going to my.
Speaker 5: Playing about fourteen fifteen. By fourteen fifteen, going to Little with my homeboy Wayne. My Wayne had my homeboy Wye had a group called Gangs, the Players, and they they had they had their own house right next door to their mama house where they could do whatever they want, and they had a studio in there. And and his older brother name was DJ Dan. He used to DJ at the clubs and all that. So they have so we used to go over there and free island rapping them. So that's why I actually started rapping. But I didn't start putting out my my own music attil I got to the league.
Speaker 1: A lot of people.
Speaker 2: It was new to a lot of people, you know, as as we discussed it to be in the show that you know, you was really on a real mixtape tour.
Speaker 1: You have a ton of.
Speaker 2: Music, unplayed music you you You've done songs with legends. Did you face any backlash from the league or from David Stern while you were on these tours of putting out these albums, because I remember Ai put out an album that had too much cussing and they were on his head.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have any pushback from the league?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I did. I mean people said certain things.
Speaker 5: Now you know, I got questions from UH, from UH staff members in the office about what I was doing, stuff like that, but I really didn't get a personal call until shit, my last year in the league, I was doing the mixtape and I was I actually, you know, kind of had a conversation with David starting about it because one of the songs I was doing was about was about down, Yeah, down, Donald Sterling, It's not going to call America the beautiful with scarface and in the video is like four minutes long, so you know, we went crazy on it. But and I wanted to tell him a you know, have to let him know up that I was dropping. He was like, man, I never told you anything about your music. Just be ready to flight to come from it. And I never got any flag from it, you know the way. I never played an NBA again.
Speaker 3: But that was it. That's what you said about. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 2: Who are some of the bigger names that you've you've rapped with and and maybe released or haven't even released. I remember you were talking right before we got online. You talked about you did done some ship with Shack. But who are some of the bigger names you've you've got on with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've done songs with a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: I got a song with Future that I never released it when when I was me and Rocco was hanging out, uh you know him in Future, I had their relationship and I got it. I got a song with Future. I got songs with bun Bee, I got songs with Killer Collie, I, I got songs with who else? I got songs with I got songs with Key Keith Slim. I did a song with Roy Jones. I did a song with who Else. I did a song with I got. I missed some people, some big name rappers. Who I'm missing, Who I'm missing, Who I'm missing, I'm missing some people. I got a lot of music, but I'm just I just, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just anybody you would like to work with.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm doing the new project. I'm gonna do All the Smoke, Volume one with ten songs. I'm gonna do it with a lot of people, most of the rappers that I've never done songs with, but I'm gonna do songs. I'm gonna do a song with a Russell h I talked about it with Jade because for years, I've recently linked up with I recently linked up with Davy, so I'm gonna knock something out with him. Fat Joe on the West Coast. I've me and Richie Rich been talking a lot, So I'm gonna do one with Richie Rich. And I'm trying to bang when I was Snoop too. But Texas guys, they already know who they are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Volume one. So now we're doing this show weekly.
Speaker 2: We're gonna start doing a segment called five with five, so we're gonna figure out what those topics are and we're gonna go off the top on those topics, but uh, for this week, I want you to just give me your top five. I'll put you on the spot NBA rappers in your opinion.
Speaker 5: Okay, that ain't hard. I'm going five. I'm going Uhman Shampart. Four, I'm going Lou Williams. Three, I'm three, I'm going Damian Lillard. Two, I'm going Shack and fighting one. I'm going me Who's number five? Aman Sheppard? And then four is who Lou Williams? Then three is.
Speaker 3: Damian Lillard, Dame Lillard?
Speaker 1: Who is Shack?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: One? Is you?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: And you left bart Opemeal off the list?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Bro?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean it's just the truth. Bart ain't top five yet? Top five? Bro gotta release more music. Bro got a billion songs and they all sitting over there, slick.
Speaker 2: What about what about the Nator? Where is he at? If he was he was in the lead, where would Nator be? Nator be top five?
Speaker 5: Because they you know, natyve gonna say that ship you feel native coming from the Native Native murdered three people in every rhyme and give give three shots out to three people that passed and every show ship.
Speaker 1: Shout out the term man. Happy belated birthday.
Speaker 3: We went over there. Yeah it's my brother. Yeah.
Speaker 2: We went over to uh the baron Slick Studios and got down for for the day to celebrate term. He was off his feet boy. Before we move on, obviously, we had a great time in Dallas man last week or excuse me two weeks ago now, but we got a chance to sit down with the legendary.
Speaker 3: D o C.
Speaker 1: See you guys, take a look at this edic you know from.
Speaker 6: And I know I'm a I am one who's speaking from you know, because Dre is my god. Yeah, but I don't think that there's anybody else in hip hop music that's ever been as good as he is doing what he does and watching him thirty thirty five, almost forty years, it's so easy for that dude. It seemed like he do the same little shit every time and it come out the same dope. Pass West fact, I just left LA. I had to go out there and get the release sign by my big brother.
Speaker 4: For this documentary.
Speaker 6: Took me a couple of days, but.
Speaker 1: I got it.
Speaker 6: And we was able to He was twisting up some stuff for Snoopy's record that comes out next month. I think it's I think it's on the thirteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dog was telling us about that process.
Speaker 6: Rais in his bag right now? Is he?
Speaker 1: YEA love du Snoop.
Speaker 4: Let us hear some of that shit, and I can't wait to hit the streets.
Speaker 6: Trais in his Bag, Snoop sound great. Those guys are happy, they're in a good space. They showed me a ten minute piece of content with the songs in it, in and out of the video, and it was really interesting. I don't want to you know, Dre get it. You feel the kind of way if you talk about it.
Speaker 1: It was, Yeah, I don't want to get.
Speaker 6: Twenty five is gonna be fu fuck that time in West Coast music. Twenty five is gonna be a good year.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, bring it back. We go hear some doc in twenty five? Well, Jack, I mean this one was dope. Obviously the legend that the DC is and obviously I knew about him, but to get more, to get that extra layers and I'm such a West Coast hip hop head man, that was that was special, you know. Obviously the connection with Dre and Snoop and the new project they got coming out But what were some of your favorite parts and takeaways from the interview with DC?
Speaker 5: Well, DC legend, you know me being from Texas, He's a legend from Texas. He told you how he went to Cali and when he came back to Dallas, everybody was dressing like they was from La because of him, you know, he had. He had a big influence over Texas and bringing the West Coast music to Texas.
Speaker 3: But for me, I think I.
Speaker 5: Related the most to him, Matt is when he was saying, like the gratification of everything for him being solid and being real with everybody that's coming back to him in the years where he really can enjoy it.
Speaker 3: I kind of feel that way too, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: With a lot of stuff that went on in my life, I'm finally getting to the point where I'm making up for a lot of my mistakes, getting a lot of stuff that I got to get off my back, you know, to maybe enjoy enjoy today.
Speaker 3: And I seen that in him too. He a solid dude. He's been solid with so many people.
Speaker 5: Never said nothing, never to me, nobody, but he has such a big influence and that sound and that music, So for him to be able to be solid today and say, you know how good it feels for him to get all this just do now you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I think that's what I got most from the interview.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, definitely dope.
Speaker 2: How you know that thirty five year term he signed and now all that music is coming back to him, so beautiful thing.
Speaker 1: Man, make sure you guys checked that interview out. It was. It was a good one.
Speaker 2: Before we get to get you out of here, Jack Women's college basketball's back rolling, my bruin. Late ees took down South Carolina. We were watching the game, kept thinking like, okay, South Carolina. You know they're going to make a run. You know they're gonna make a run. Man, the shout out to UCLA. Man, they didn't allow that run to happen. You know, the Bruins as a team played together. Shout out coach Corey. That's my girl. They made it jump from number five to number one after that dominating victory over South Carolina and in South Carolina's forty three game win streak, first time UCLA has ever beat a number one women's basketball.
Speaker 1: We got a chance to do that.
Speaker 2: You know, we beat Kansas my senior year Drew Good and then Nick Collinson and them boys.
Speaker 1: But Jack, what did you think about that game?
Speaker 2: Obviously I know your relationship with coach Day and the love and admiration they are for her, and I think that's your favorite women's college team, So what was your thoughts on the game?
Speaker 3: Played a great game.
Speaker 5: They definitely didn't let South Carolina make that running and get that lead back to find a way to win that game. But what I will say is UCLA is the bigger team. This is the small one of the smallest teams that Don Staley didn't had, so they gonna have to figure out how to use they and that led us to be, you know, a top tier team this year. USLA was the better team from top to bottom. The guard play, all that was great. But for the most part, you know, South Carolina is my team with Don Stowele is somebody who I'm a big fan of. But I think for the most part, this is one of the smallest teams she had, so they just got to figure out their identity.
Speaker 2: You got to figure it out small ball. But shout out to UCLA coach Corey Lauryn bettch keep all the whole crew man number one in the country, salute and then jack right up the way. The SC women squared off against Notre Dame, and Notre Dame came into sc and handled their business. I mean that back court of Notre Dame could be the top back court in the country. But they really did a number. We're able to get a thirteen point victory over USC. What was your thoughts on that game and some of the problems they gave.
Speaker 5: Juju, Yeah, somebody gonna have to step up on us USC. Ju is gonna get a lot of attention like that team, seeing team seeing that they can beat them like that in the tournament last year when they kind of bottle up and make somebody else beat them, and they still have figured that out. I think for Notre Dame, Hidagos just picking up what she left off last year. She had a let down in the tournament, but she she she worked on a game this summer and everybody knew their Blackhall was gonna be one of the top ones, but they hadgo is definitely somebody that you're gonna have to look out for this year. I think Juju is still a number one pick, but in order for them to have a great season, They're gonna have to find some find her some more help when teams are basically running the box and one.
Speaker 2: On the Juju got a whole another year before she can even go to the league, So she's got some to me her size though five to six that's little. An average twenty five and five steals per game, that's that's insane.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: So I've been shut out to these women.
Speaker 2: And you know, this weekend obviously, with Caitlyn and Angel gone, now you know who's gonna hold it down. I think there was such a jump. I think there was a lot of momentum these past few years in women's basketball. Now it's carried over to the W but uh, you know who are some of the women jack you think can help keep the game at the level it's it's reached from the people before them.
Speaker 5: Well, it's gonna have to be Juju and like hadago, page Buckets, Uh uh, women like that that that that have a name that's been balling for the last couple of years. I think I think those three names are some of the ones that you can look out for to have great years. And uh, people be talking about a lot, especially page Buckets.
Speaker 1: But I think what helped the momentum in.
Speaker 5: Oh my bad, can't my bad, I'm mean to cut off. Can't forget about Flage, can't forget about l s U.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, definitely not.
Speaker 2: But I think what helped bolster not only those individual players, but the fact they got a chance to play against each other and there were storylines, you know, every time, and then there were storylines leading into the league. So definitely looking forward to this year in college, it's crazy that you know, arguably, I mean, there's there's there's there's some big name talent talented on the guys side, but women's college basketball, man is really kind of jumped.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say jump men's, but.
Speaker 2: It's pretty even right now, I think as far as just people really tuning into the big game. So we'll see how the rest of the season goes. Anythings, giving plans with you and the family. I saw you threw down on some gumbo the other day. You cooking, you cooking for the for the holiday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm just making a corner bead dressing. Okay, I'm getting I'm getting a turkey from Less Barbicaus. Shout out Less Barbecue out there, and you tell I'm getting my turkey, my smoke turkey from him, and we have friends coming up, soay, everybody bringing the dish.
Speaker 4: My wife making a couple of sides. But I'm just doing the dressing.
Speaker 5: And you know, nine out of ten times, whoever make the dressing on Thanksgiving is the coldest.
Speaker 2: Well that's what me and I's are are tasked with this year too. So we're actually on the dressing stuff and whatever people call it that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I have no problem.
Speaker 3: Meling is something, Bro, I can.
Speaker 5: I can make it today and get it off to you, you know if you need it, bro, because I'm.
Speaker 1: Live and even mad. I mean, we're gonna see I see some cookers Jack. Before we get out of here.
Speaker 2: What are you thankful for here in this year twenty twenty four, as we turn the page on a special year for our company.
Speaker 5: Well, i'll give you. I'll give you a few things. I'll give you three things. One, I'm thankful for health and life. Uh to still be here too. I'm thankful for all you guys at the company that's around me, that's making me better daily.
Speaker 4: Uh, that's dealing with my bullshit. But you know, see the see.
Speaker 5: That that's that's see the good in me, and uh and that genuinely loved me, like you don't get that much these days. But the third, I'm just I'm most thankful for being able to have opportunity to right my wrongs.
Speaker 4: I think that's where I'm met. That's where I'm met in life.
Speaker 5: I met a lot of mistakes in life that I'm still trying to recover and fix. But I'm just thankful for the opportunity to fix because I can see, I can see what's what, what's what's through the clouds when I'm out of all this. So I'm thankful. I'm thankful for that opportunity.
Speaker 2: That's dope. Man, You're definitely on the right path. Should we on the right path? You know, similar paths our whole lives. So to be here where we're at in twenty twenty four, man, and think about what we've accomplished and what's to come. And I'm really excited at about what's to come in twenty five. So man, give him to give the family my best, Tell him I love him. Yeah, we'll catch up after the holidays, yes sir, all right, bro. Later Now I want to welcome back the one and only neighborhood hater who boycotted the show last week because we didn't take him to Dallas scenes and his feelings. This nigga was salt take him to Dallas, so he was busy last Monday. I wanted to get you on Last Money because your boys have won five straight. I want you to come on here and talk your shit. But I feel like, because you're new to this camera game, you haven't really been talking the shit We're accustomed to you talking like. I feel like you'll talk here privately, but you don't want to say it out loud because you don't want to run across like an Austin reason.
Speaker 1: He slapped the shit at it.
Speaker 3: No, he had to box with me though, bro, so just know that we'll have to fight about it.
Speaker 1: He's bigger than you, know that right?
Speaker 3: Not in this world, He's not.
Speaker 1: His world rank is lower than yours.
Speaker 2: Now the Lakers have dropped too straight Fawns Wagner hit a game winner who missed the free someone miss free throws though right ad missed too.
Speaker 3: Big, missed one. We missed a couple two.
Speaker 1: In Denver.
Speaker 2: Uh Nasty J just said, you guys didn't come really come out there and compete. So I think, what was it five straight before you guys lost two straight?
Speaker 3: Six straight?
Speaker 2: It was six straight, sir, and then you know the last two of falling. What do you kind of see out there on the court right now?
Speaker 3: Well, it all went to ship fast, you know what I mean. Like we was on top of the world. You know, I was posting every day at the Lakers getting hype. Yeah, and then all of a sudden we missing free throws and take an al. We got Franz what's his name, Franner Wagner looking like Michael Jordan against us, Like, you know, people come in our house and.
Speaker 1: He was aggressive. Are you kids? Guy?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: He's a big kid though he was about six nine sixteen.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed. But I will say this, I don't think it's over for us. Surely we got a couple moves to make like a sap though, Like I'm like, we don't need to wait any longer to be okay.
Speaker 1: So who are some people you you feel like are on the bump right now? For you guys? Sixteen games into the season, first d Low Delo's gotta go.
Speaker 3: We could wave and we don't even need anything back for him.
Speaker 1: You just wanted.
Speaker 3: To get in the back room. Just get out of my locker room.
Speaker 1: BROI d like that.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, how long do we have to wait next? I'm gonna be honest. I'm not like sold on Austin Reeves.
Speaker 1: He's been untouchable to your front office.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And where did that word come from? Who put untouchable on him? I don't know. Yeah, No, he's not untouchable, especially not untouchable when we need for our team to get better.
Speaker 1: He's averaging seventeen and five though.
Speaker 3: Yes, but has he had any big games for us this year? I know Connectors had plenty of big games.
Speaker 1: For I like that.
Speaker 2: You guys got two. You got two nice white boys rarely, they said. It might have been the first time in NBA history with two white boys through a white boy through a lob to another white boy.
Speaker 3: It was tough. But they can both.
Speaker 1: Are You would get rid of connect too.
Speaker 3: If we're going to make our team better?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you would. You would throw him in there? So what about a Hachie Mora or Gabe Vincent. You guys have a lot. I mean, I think the strength really, honestly of this roster and all jokes aside is you guys have some tradable.
Speaker 3: Pieces, absolutely, but they're saying that we don't have anything of value right now, which I don't agree with.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think probably Austin Reeves is probably your guys are outside of your stars, your your your biggest bargaining chip. I think a lot of teams would jump at Connet. I don't know if the Lakers will let him go. I think there's his ceiling is unknown right now, but his size and the way he could shoot that bitch. I know Bron loved him, so he ain't going no where. Why Bron is here?
Speaker 1: Who else? The dudes that are hurt Cam reddish his back? He can go too, he can go. Yes, trade just wave.
Speaker 3: We can trade Cam because I'm sure somebody could use them. But let's be honest, Vanderbilt, Christer Wood and all these guys who haven't even showed up one time for us this year, don't These guys can be on the chopping block too. But I'm curious, what do you think we should do.
Speaker 2: I definitely think you and Golden State are two teams I look at that have great pieces for trades and if really wanted. Although and I say, there's all due respect because Golden State is one in the West. Right now, I still feel like they're a piece away from trying to get Steph that fifth. There's a lot of talk right now, and Steph even said, I'm only I'm only in this ship now for rings. You know, I'm tired, you know, me and my body weary. But I feel like the same thing with Bron, you know what I mean? And what does it do to my question? Does it do anything to Bron's legacy? If Steph grabs one more? Why Bron is still here? You know, because I think they measure greatness on how many people got rings on your watch, you know what I mean. So if Steph was able to get five and Bron was finished before, which is still great?
Speaker 3: With that?
Speaker 1: With that damnage Bron's legacy at all?
Speaker 3: In your opinion, absolutely, because Bron has had every opportunity to get a couple of rings. Yep, you know what I mean. But he decided he wanted his son a part of our team.
Speaker 2: But you guys weren't going to get nobody for the fifty fifth pick. Though, Bro, the fifty fifth pick never even makes the fucking roster.
Speaker 3: But guess what, we'll never know because we have Lebron jor Okay, well.
Speaker 1: We'll never know.
Speaker 2: You're stupid, So uh, let's see what else we got, he said, we'll never know, all right, before we transition to our next topic. Do you trust the guy making the calls, not on the team but behind the management, Rob Polinka? Do you trust his vision?
Speaker 3: Well? I was just asking Nate, like, does he have any General Managers of the Year awards? And I don't think he does. And I think this will be a perfect opportunity for him to step up. Like you know, he's been here so long, you have the Laker fans waiting for him to do something big. Imagine Lebron going out at forty years old with a chip like.
Speaker 2: Crazy with that put him in the I think I think you got to put him number one. If if Brown gets one more, especially at this point in his career, you know what I mean. And you know I'm Cob and MJ and I've always loved and respect Broun, But I mean for him to get one more I think would cement him at You know, obviously we could break this down a real conversation if it happens, but it'd be hard not to put him number one.
Speaker 3: Come on, and that's and I bring Polenka up to your job, man, like, be great.
Speaker 1: I mean you're here for an opportunity.
Speaker 3: I mean you stuck us with Brian and a d. You literally sold our souls for both of those players to be here for their career.
Speaker 1: Who's waiting in the win too? Low Ki And this is just my opinion. Bob Myers.
Speaker 3: Oh that's my guy too. We love Bob.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Bob is out here.
Speaker 2: Bob is back out here and enjoying the La sun, fucking around on ESPN a little bit, working on this tan, still getting a lot of money, like Bob.
Speaker 3: Myers is in the like Polinka got some pictures on the Lakers or something. Yeah, some kind of ship. Yeah, because somehow he's still here.
Speaker 1: Might be bloody and blood out to cut from.
Speaker 3: Cob, clearly that's what's happening.
Speaker 2: You guys only ranked fourth offensively, so you guys are definitely putting the ball in the basket. But twenty six defensively, we know you at least got to be in the top half, if not top ten, to really be a contender in this league. But Obviously Bron is back doing bron shit twenty five, nine and eight, eighty is at thirty and eleven, Austin Reeves at seventeen and five, and the Young Boy connect twelve points on forty five percent from the three point line. Obviously some defensive improvements. Are there any realistic trades?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 2: I know we key keat and ha haad, But are there anybody out there you really feel that can help this team?
Speaker 3: I mean, I would think the first on my list would be the valatoonists. Yeah, I think he.
Speaker 2: Would in Houston? No, no, no, with Washington. Okay, you know Steven Adams is in Houston, right, Yeah? Those are two bigs right there.
Speaker 3: So we know we need a big We definitely need another score, and then we need a perimeter defender.
Speaker 1: What would a Jimmy? But because I would love that, think he checks two of those boxes.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I would love that. If Jimmy came here, we'd have to give up a lot to get him, I'm guessing, but it still would put us in a position to help Lebron and ab out.
Speaker 1: So you would give up? Would you give up Reeves, Connect, Hocheie Moore and the draft.
Speaker 3: Pick for and gay Vincent. You can add him. You can throw him to the freebie in there. You guys can just take that, you know what I mean, take that. But yes, I would make.
Speaker 1: It back to Miami. That's where he was doing his thing at.
Speaker 3: I would take that trade in a minute. I mean, I think Jimmy could come in and get between Lebron and a D. Pauls.
Speaker 2: He's at thirty five too, so he's he's you know what I mean, he knows that the windows closing him as well.
Speaker 3: Yes, and not just Washington played the last couple of games. He's like to like Jimmy's hooping right now. And obviously you're hearing about this. Robert Williams the third guy from where he.
Speaker 2: Could stay healthy, if he could stay he was a big part of this. This the surgeons now that we see of Boston kind of before Pazingas got there. But he tried to play throw those knee injuries and I didn't like it. And then he goes to Portland where they've had a history of trying to make guys play through knee injuries with their previous regime. We also would have to Brandon Royce. So I think Robert Williams is tough, but he just hasn't been healthy and obviously jumping is a huge part of his game, so we will have to see. I just want to say, before you get out of your full of shit, for that ninety mile an hour sh it wasn't not We definitely you got your money, though.
Speaker 3: How do you know what makes you the god of velocity of us?
Speaker 2: I just played baseball for a long time to play softball.
Speaker 1: You haven't played baseball in like thirty five years.
Speaker 3: I played.
Speaker 1: I'm younger than you, so I played baseball through high school.
Speaker 3: You have never seen ninety hour before I have.
Speaker 1: Where have you seen it?
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's keep it going.
Speaker 1: Where have you seen nine hours?
Speaker 3: Let's you didn't see it last week? That you had to pay up though, I definitely you wouldn't have been complaining if I missed. I would have had to give you one hundred cushups for sure. Off the missed eighty? Right, pay your money though?
Speaker 1: Off?
Speaker 3: How much?
Speaker 1: How fast?
Speaker 3: Off the eighty? If you will?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, if well heard it, hey just know we got more challenges for this. Man said, congratulations, absolutely, I appreciate it you and the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, man, you see it, baby boy?
Speaker 1: You're out here?
Speaker 3: Hey really quick? Though? What's up with Isaiah and Carter? And in the high school hoops starting tenth three one?
Speaker 1: Yes, active. They went into Westchester and beat taj in them.
Speaker 3: The other night.
Speaker 2: That was a big win for them. They're three and one. They had a tough loss. They played this Armenian kid.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: When I tell you, I've never seen that was the best high school scoring performance I've seen in my life. It was only forty points. I mean a lot of kids have done, but that was the best I've personally seen of a kid taken Kobe esque shots and knocking him down more consistent from Kobe from the three point line. Over people over contested like they played good defense on him. Yes, played good defense. I wish I knew the kid's name. But man, if you see this, you were a killer this past week and be out. But they're back at it tonight.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: They played Dion, you know, the point guard from their AAU team, So it's can be fun. They're playing well. Isaiah's averaging the double. I think Isaiah's averaging like eighteen and eleven. The monster on the glass Carter's at about twelve and a couple of steels. So it's interesting.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Joe Sterling, my guy, I love his family. Shout out to the family. He transferred over to Harvard West Lake, so he was our leading guys. So you know, now the twins have to step up. A year earlier, we got Peyton, who's the man child out there. He just hits the ground too damn much. Man, I got to talk to him. He's on the ground way too much, talking out as they come in the rim. So yeah, man, shout out to my guys over at Cresby. Man, it's gonna be a fun season. I gotta give you credit. Man's it's a joy to watch you on the sideline too. Man, I've had to calm down.
Speaker 3: I hear it normally. That's the legal screen that I don't hear it anymore. Like I don't hear this ship anymore.
Speaker 1: I understand say that I say cuss word.
Speaker 2: That's why I get in trouble. Say the ship you just said said, that's a motherfucking fellow.
Speaker 1: That's a bullshit as that's what I normally say.
Speaker 2: But no, man, I had to I had to go in and and and.
Speaker 1: You got some personal NFL. I got called. I had to go to the principals off. No, man, I go to the principal presby.
Speaker 2: I kind of felt like, damn, I felt like I was fifteen again or something forty five sitting in the motherfucking office and I go on the print.
Speaker 1: But it was cool.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I knew I was out of pocket a little bit last year, so I had to, you know me, calm myself.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be honest. That gym owes you, man, like when you come in to gym, Like you can just feel that in the gym just changed. Even for the players, like they want to show off. They want to go against Isaiah and Carter. They will show you fun. They owe you, They owe you part of the check.
Speaker 1: I think I don't need no check. Just make sure you know, take care of my boys.
Speaker 3: Did you see yourself?
Speaker 1: Ever?
Speaker 3: Coaching?
Speaker 2: This might be too many politics for me to coach the twins at this point, but maybe when my two younger coming down.
Speaker 1: The pipeline Oeah, sure or Austin.
Speaker 2: Sorry, but man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: We'll see you the pre game tonight for the hate later you guys. Hey, we got a little bit of hate at you.
Speaker 1: Like a bier. You're welcome, star, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Be appreciate you, l my dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah already alrighty, we're back here for my picks of the week. I can't really talk about this week's pick last week's picks because we're still in progress. I got this Monday night game raven Is in Chargers, So we'll get back to you next week on how I did last week. But looking forward to this week, we got some good ones. I'm not necessarily saying this is a good one. Bears versus the Lions. It's crazy. The Lions have played on Thanksgaving for so many years where they weren't any good, and now they're finally good.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I'm happy for them.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna take the Lions minus ten and a half. That's a lot of points. But the Bears have lost four straight, firing, five straight, firing offensive coordinators and all kinds of shit. How do you expect any kind of stability when you can't put no stability around your quarterback? So I'm gonna take the Lions minus ten and a half. Giants cut Daniel Jones, and I'm hearing whispers that the the Niners might sign him as a backup. I don't know if we want that, but I'm gonna take the Cowboys. This hurts my heart to take the Cowboys because I just love talking shit to Jack and all my other homies that like the Cowboys. But I'm gonna take the Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day minus four. This is a tough one right here, the Eagles. I said it last week, say is on an MVP terror he could eclipse to all time Russian record this year went for over over two hundred and what two thirty last yes, last night, two fifty five nasty work. I'm gonna take the Eagles at the Ravens plus two and a half.
Speaker 1: Ravens have been playing well.
Speaker 2: They played a night lost last week, but get a chance to redeem themselves tonight. But that's a tough, tough game for the Eagles to go into Baltimore, but I'm taking them plus two and a half and last but not least, This is my heart betting. So you may want to vote the opposite of this pick, but I'm gonna take the Niners plus six and a half going into Buffalo if party comes back. So you can see some asterisks by this shit on Sunday morning. If Perty's not playing this week, because I didn't know Perty wasn't playing last week and I still picked them and we got our heads blown off, So there's an asterisk by that. But if party's back, I'm gonna take the Niners plus six and a half.
Speaker 1: That's a rap man.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys enjoyed this episode of Unplugged. We will catch you guys next week.