Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of talk about Greenland, for example, now, and I know a lot of there's a lot of freakouts, you know, and of course I would never support taking it by force, but I do think it's I do think it's a responsible conversation if they were open to acquiring it, and you know, whether they're just buying it out right, I mean, if anyone think that's bonkers, it's like, well, well remember the Louisiana purchase. I think Alaska was pretty pretty a great deal too, fifty million dollars, I think it was. It was recorded, it was, it was referred to as Seward's folly, and now that was Alaska. Now, So I mean, you know, open and having all kinds of conversations as well.
Speaker 4: I wish we could get away from the anything Trump proposes as automatically dumb and ridiculous thing.
Speaker 2: When I was in Washington, d C. We went to the Air and Space.
Speaker 4: Museum, which is, you know, the number one attraction for especially for kids, but the amount of Space Force stuff they had in the museum shop. And remember how roundly that was mocked when Trump decided to put together Space Force, another branch of the military. Since we've got you know, the ground, the air, the water, and now space hilarious, What a dummy. I mean, I'll be.
Speaker 5: Practically unanimous the mockery in the mainstream media office. It was clearly a good idea, probably overdue, right right, you know, I want to get into that topic in the Greenland thing very briefly. But I love this And as I said earlier in the show, I've never seen a change. Well I'll put it this way in my perception of a politician like John Fetterman before and I don't know if it's the effects of thero or maybe having an instant that was incredibly scary, and maybe he changed consciously, I don't know, but.
Speaker 2: He strikes me as a very, very different dude.
Speaker 5: He is now the most utterly reasonable, moderate Democrat in a lot of ways that I've seen on Capitol Hill in a long time.
Speaker 4: Well, remember the backstory on him that we were constantly mocking was he's a socialist who grow up on his mom's couch and never had add a job in his life, right, and ran against doctor Oz is how he ended up a senator. But he's got entirely mainstream positions on almost everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So he was reacting to the reaction to the press conference, the Trump press conference yesterday, in which Trump said a bunch of different things that are are a little surprising, but if you run them through the Trump filter and you understand how he communicates, they're not that crazy at all. But he was reacting to the reaction on his side of the aisle. It's clip fifty seven, Michael, when he said this.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's not helpful to freak out. But some things might work out, some may not. But that's part of ongoing dialogue. But he hasn't even take office in two weeks, and you know, we really need to pace ourselves. If we're going to freak out over every last tweet or every last conversation or press conference.
Speaker 2: God is jump the hell down.
Speaker 4: Is Senator Fetterman, the hoodie wearing stroke victim, going to be the one that drags America back to the way we used to be, where we didn't freak out about everything, and everything wasn't a tweet blast reaction to all stories.
Speaker 5: I doubt it, I love it thought yeah. Anyway, So during our one of the show, and if you missed it, grab it you gotta subscribe to our podcast Armstrong and Getty on the Band. But our one of the show we went into a fair amount of depth about the Greenland thing and we're not going to invade it. You know, Trump, he's imprecise. He says provocative things, he lays out like a crazy opening offer and then gets down to business.
Speaker 2: Waste until they surrender.
Speaker 4: Wow right, no quarter, wow wow enslave their men, whatever you gotta do.
Speaker 5: But as we talked about during our one of the show, Greenland we'll soon have difficult to describe how huge a geopolitical significance it and the waterways around it are going to have, particularly if the warming continues. The global trade a huge percentaers of global trade will be going around Greenland through the Arctic passages which are going to be opening up. And Greenland is a protectorate, a territory of Denmark, of all places, and under the umbrella of the EU. And if it's up to Denmark to ensure the free passage of shipping and trade around the world. I'm a little worried about the free shipping and trade around the world. And so Trump's point, and as usual, you've got to like to dig into it to figure out what the hell he's talking about, which is one of his greatest failings. Yes, strengths, he has failings like all us. But if the US is going to be the country that ensures the continuation of free trade and not trade under the mob like stranglehold of Shijin Ping and Vladimir Putin and whoever succeeds them in the Arctic, if we're in charge of that, we need a serious say, and we need a serious presence in Greenland, and I think that'll happen. We already have a pretty fair presence. They're a space force port and a longtime Air Force base that I think is mostly space force now.
Speaker 2: But Greenland's incredibly important.
Speaker 4: I'm going to guess. I think you have these facts handy, you're Greenland facts. The population of Greenland is I'm gonna go with six million, six million in people. Jack, is that your guess?
Speaker 2: That is my guess.
Speaker 5: What is the parture of official guess? And the guess that you have is that.
Speaker 2: Scrolling scroll past imports and exports, and.
Speaker 5: Oh there is demographics, U, Katie, Katie, you you're close. Fifty seven thousand is the total population. Oh yes, it's a barren wasteland.
Speaker 2: Fifty seven thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it makes it makes the Yukon look like Miami Beach in terms of climate. Wow, Greenld is fifty seven thousand people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's way way, way, way way north. Well, then who cares what? It will be much more hospitable. Who cares what?
Speaker 5: They because we don't conduct wars a conquest in the twenty first century, vladimirror fifty seven thousand people.
Speaker 2: We could take it in a day. That's funny.
Speaker 4: That should be part of the story anytime they're talking about this. I was listening to and they had some politician on there who was in favor of Greenland coming under the American umbrella. And he's mostly worried about China and how China wants greenland and you know, both the waterways and their natural resources. Okay, you're a politician representing I don't know how many people, fifty seven thousand.
Speaker 5: All right, Yeah, I'm a flaming geek for this sort of thing. But the more I learn about Greenland, the more interesting it becomes, partly just geographically. I remember being astounded at one point somebody mentioned to me that they're flying to Japan and that the flight goes over the pole, and I thought, how can that be the shortest way? Because I just picture Earth is you go around like horizontally, you know, the way a map is oriented.
Speaker 2: I realized we're a ball floating in space. There's no such thing as horizontal.
Speaker 5: But you know, you go around the equator. There's no going around the planet top to bottom. It's east west top to bottom, like Greenland to Russia is nothing, and to China's not that much either. So the Arctic is going to be one of the great geopolitical areas of struggle in the next fifty years.
Speaker 2: There's no denying it. Katie greenwayhs in with more Greenland knowledge.
Speaker 6: It's not knowledge, but I just think we should make an executive order given the population, just a national guard, couple of lifeguards.
Speaker 2: Maybe I feel like tank.
Speaker 4: Certainly, one tank, you unload, one tank, you roll into the capitol, you put up our flag and we're done.
Speaker 2: Well, honestly, you probably don't even need that.
Speaker 4: Actually, like Katie said, a couple of lifeguards might do the trick.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you, if you have a reasonably loud voice, you could probably assemble all of Greenland together in one stadium and shout to them and explain what's going on, and probably have a show of hands vote and be like, all right, well, thanks, thanks for coming along. Well we'll have some flags brought in later. But it just as you were, It's fine. The US is pretty benign when it comes to being you know, under our umbrella.
Speaker 4: Elon could cut him eat a check for like ten thousand dollars and they'd all get on board.
Speaker 2: Probably one wouldn't cost that much.
Speaker 6: And Don Junior is there, so it's like we're already half done. You know, we already got one guy over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Don Junior going there yesterday and claiming I just I've always wanted to see Greenland.
Speaker 2: Oh, come on, I mean, that's that silly.
Speaker 4: Speaking of foreign policy before we take a break, and this is kind of like what Joe was bringing up yesterday with the economy. There's a possibility that there are some there's some bad news out there economically for Trump. That's just part of the business cycle that's got you know, it's not anything he can do anything about or will be to blame for. But it's just kind of the way things go up and down with hiring and firing and mortgages and all.
Speaker 2: That sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: Also with foreign policy, he's got a bunch of stuff that's landing on his desk. For instance, the fact that Iran is closer to a bamb than they have ever been. They currently, according to our own estimates, need about one to two weeks to get enough enriched uranium to be able to make a bomb, so their breakout time is faster than it's ever been. And Israel is sworn that one they don't want to let that happen, and two they can't do it on their own. They need to help with the United States. Trump is hinted that he's willing to help on that project. If I had to bet money on a big foreign policy story of the first portion of Trump's first year, it's going to be Israel and US are going to take out Iran's nuclear program or something very much like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, something just tangential to that.
Speaker 5: You're one hundred percent right, Yeah, Iran is a frightened, cornered beast right now. And this is not some sort of argument in favor of Obama's phony Iran nuclear deal. It's just a statement of fact. They are a cornered beast, and that's what a beast is most dangerous. So I'm sure our foreign policy wonks have their squarely on them.
Speaker 2: If not, bb NET and Yaho certainly does.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 4: Gallup came out with what people think of the Biden presidency where it ranks with other presidents not good and don't. I don't think it's gonna get better over time. I think this is probably his eye mark would be my guess.
Speaker 5: There's this certain emoji that I think is appropriate for describing the Biden administration's job in the White House.
Speaker 4: Man the press can claim Nancy Pelosi can ain't the smiley one. Nancy can say he ought to be on Mount Rushmore, but that ain't the way people feel about it. Among other things, we've got to talk about on the way.
Speaker 5: We're probably not going to annex Canada, but this guy is probably going to be running running the place next.
Speaker 2: That would be the clip we discussed. Hold on just a second, my computer here, oh damn computer.
Speaker 7: On the on the topic, I mean, in terms of your sort of strategy currently. You're obviously taking the populist pathway.
Speaker 2: What does that mean?
Speaker 7: Well, certainly you tap a very strong ideological language. Quite frequently a lot of people would would say that you're simply taking a page out of the Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump uh like which people would say that.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm served a great many Canadians, but like who, I don't know who, but.
Speaker 2: Whether the one who asked the questions? So yeah, you much know somebody.
Speaker 7: Okay, taking the page of Donald Trump's book.
Speaker 2: But what you think about? What page? What page? Can you get a page?
Speaker 7: Give me the page you can in terms of in terms of turning things quite dramatically, in terms of I'm not sure, I don't know, I don't know what you're.
Speaker 4: Quiting that first of all, that's absolutely hilarious. Perfect and he he might be the prime minister.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Pierre Pouliev, he's the leader of the biggest opposition party.
Speaker 2: Really interesting guy.
Speaker 5: He really came to promt It's when the like all of Canadia, Canada's political establishment blasted the Freedom convoys. Those truckers were protesting the COVID nineteen mandates, among other things, and the vaccine requirements to be a trucker out on the road alone. But Pauliev said, no, these guys are right, and so as Canada. Tires of the empty promises and the progressive rot of woke Elvis and he's just resigned.
Speaker 2: Paoliev is good. There's a good chance he will be the next prime minister. I don't understand.
Speaker 5: It's really interesting adopted son of a couple of school teachers. Intense workout regimen that involves flipping a five hundred pound tractor tire in a field and sprinting up hill while dragging a seventy five pound weight sled.
Speaker 2: How old is he he's forty five? Wow?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in Canada, they don't understand that somebody needs to be at least eighty before they're in charge, right, silly Canadians.
Speaker 4: So the La County Sheriff and the fire department, they're doing their first big update since the fire happened. They're now saying there have been two deaths. There are thousands of structures that have been completely destroyed.
Speaker 2: Thousands. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: That is gonna shake out in an interesting way, especially the homes and businesses that didn't have any insurance for fire that got dropped in the last couple of weeks, which we found about out about earlier from a friend who had to abandon his home which may have also burned down.
Speaker 5: And as today is dry and very windy again today could be a nightmare. So certainly hoping and praying for the good people of that part of the world. Back to Canada, briefly, fifty five percent of Canadians hold an unfavorable view of Pollia fifty five percent. That compares to seventy four percent negative for Trudeau and his party. So you think our politicians are unpopular, woof, But this guy's rejected a lot of the woke crap that we've been railing against. I've got a great example for you next segment if we can squeeze it in the percentage of kids in America who are going to government schools where they are teaching radical gender theory. It's horrifying. Stay tuned to be horrified in Canada, No in the US.
Speaker 4: In the United States, Okay, yeah, I don't understand why more politicians doing to answer questions like that, or sports stars or anybody, because you're regularly attacked with like generality, some people say, your philosophy, what people what philosophy?
Speaker 2: What aspect of my philosophy.
Speaker 4: Your critics suggest that they're wrong, or just say, what is your specific thing?
Speaker 2: Tell me what you're trying to.
Speaker 4: Don't just hint at something negative and expect me to respond to it. What specific thing are you unhappy about that you want me to explain. I don't know why that doesn't that more often. I think it would get you out of a lot of jams.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 5: I would agree there the tendency of human beings to go along with what's expected of them, even if it's completely unfair. You know, that's the way we get along as a species or a social beast. But it goes way too far, particularly when the other side, and I've got a good example of this coming up as well, particularly when the other side thinks, you know what, we're gonna check the rules. We're not going to do the things that are you know, the social lubricants that help people get along. We're just gonna be mean as hell and make people dance to our tune.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna remember that in my own life. Just a critics don't like your tone on this? Which critics? What did they say?
Speaker 2: My tone on what? What did I say? Specifically?
Speaker 4: That you have a problem with, and then I'll respond to that as opposed to just a general something well right, or.
Speaker 5: Say, I chose my tone intentionally and I stand by it. What specifically do you have against it? What's the problem?
Speaker 2: That was good?
Speaker 4: An he did it while eating an apple, which makes it better, which which is a healthy snack.
Speaker 5: Typical of a guy who hurls five hundred pound tractor tires.
Speaker 2: About right they fit?
Speaker 4: How can you lift a flip over a five hundred pound tractor tire?
Speaker 2: I can't wow.
Speaker 4: I want to get to those gallop ratings on how people feel about Joe Biden. At this point, it's really quite a more people agreed with you than you thought.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty's listening to the press conference that they're doing right now about the fires in the LA area, and I got a big complaint about that sort of thing that has bothered me my entire media career.
Speaker 2: That might be kind of controversial. I'll get to that later.
Speaker 4: Oh no, not controversy. Were iman madmen might make me look like a jerk, but that sorry, oh.
Speaker 5: Boy, not again. So I'd meant to mention in discussing young mister Pouliev in Canada who maybe the next prime minister. He told Jordan Peterson that his polling success comes down to voters rejecting quote horrendous utopian wokeism and the deteriorating economy. He could have been talking about the US, and so that's one of the reasons I like the guy. And there's actually been some good news on the fighting neo Marxism, because that's what all the wokeism is. It mascarades as moral or racial or whatever justice seeking.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 5: It's just a takeover. But Robbie Starbuck had another big victory. McDonald's has jumped far back from their crazy ass DEI goals, joining you know, wal Martin, John Teere and Tractress Plan a whole bunch of others that have backed off of those post George Floyd trips down the crazy Highway.
Speaker 2: Is Nike on that list? Did they retreat? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: No. I remember Riley Gaines in her organization made that brilliant attitude a little girl. I'm sorry that brilliant I'm trying to read and talk at the same time that brilliant advertising directed at Nike about protecting women's spaces and women's sports.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I super into the variety of hot nikes and stuff like that, and I thought.
Speaker 2: Do I mind?
Speaker 4: Do I want to support this company? I don't remember where they are. I know I hated him at one point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So anyway, the reason I bring all of that up is just to remind everybody, as I often say, this is not the beginning of the end. This is the end of the beginning. The troops have just gotten on the troop ships. GM is just converted from making cars to tanks. The fight has just begun dismantling all this stuff. And to that end, came across a great piece by Daniel buck in The National Review, who points out more than a third of American students, more than a third, are being taught modern radical transgender theory. And he talks about it seems every day. Another school unferls a young Transjoy banner on school grounds, Another library shelves of book delineating the tenets of gender theory. Another district hosts of drag event for children. But just how persuasive, her pervasive? Rather is this stuff in schools? And he poses the question our conservative media merely nut picking finding the most egregious example and putting them up on libs of TikTok, for instance, because he said there will always be some number of kooks, cranks, and other screwballs holding conspiratorial views and exhibiting outlandish behavior.
Speaker 2: So are these stories representative or outliers?
Speaker 4: That's very, very true, and I wonder that often right to answer that question.
Speaker 5: In a recently released report for the Heritage Foundation, my co author Jay Richards and I scan the health education framework of every state in America to see how many compel educators to teach the central tenet of gender theory that gender is socially constructed. And I don't even like the term gender. It's an intentionally confusing term. They mean sex but anyway. Do they encourage a distinction between sex or sex organs and gender, the latter of which is undefined or treated as a social construct. Do they introduce concepts of gender identity or sex assigned at birth to children?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 5: Do they downplay or omit references to biological sex or sex differences? Do they employed terms such as cisgender, transgender, and non binary?
Speaker 2: These are simple questions.
Speaker 5: Affirmative answers are evidence that a curriculum pushes gender ideology on teachers and kids. And in all, we found that the health frameworks of sixteen states contain the pseudo scientific belief that biological sex is entirely divorced from gender. And because a number of these are high population states like California and New York, that amount it amounts to roughly thirty seven percent of American students.
Speaker 2: Wow, over a third get that crap.
Speaker 5: You don't have to know how to read and write or anything in Connecticut, but they, for example, require that students be able to quote, define, and explain differences between cis gender, transgender, gender, non binary gender.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, gender identity. Pull your kid out of that school if that's what they're learning. God, that is horrible, freaking unbelievable that you're teaching a little kid that a little kid's got to memorize that s. I want to say the real word because that's what it is. Oh God, that makes me mad.
Speaker 5: In California, students are taught that children younger than kindergarten can identify as transgender. In fact, it's required they be taught that.
Speaker 2: That is so crazy.
Speaker 4: And you know what, I would hate this if you were already succeeding in math and reading and the other important things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you don't point.
Speaker 4: You've dumped down what qualifies as proficient little by little over the years to where it's just embarrassing low, embarrassingly low to even.
Speaker 2: Pass, and the numbers are still in the toilet.
Speaker 4: How about you worry about that before you're teaching kindergarteners making them memorize the genderbread man.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you want to talk about scores in the toilet. In the Great State of Illinois, students are expected to discuss the role and use of hormone blockers.
Speaker 2: That is so crazy.
Speaker 5: The Governor of Illinois, JB. Prisker, is a monster. He's a neo Marxist gender bending monster.
Speaker 2: Can you balance a checkbook on what?
Speaker 4: Now? I can explain you what hormone blockers are. I learned it in social studies.
Speaker 5: It's worth noting in points how many of these frameworks include explicit topics in addition to gender theory, abortion, lubrication, many others not fit to print, and thirty seven percent probably crazy people are crazy?
Speaker 2: That is correct. You're so crazy.
Speaker 5: Why is there avowed neo Marxists who've influenced soft heads into thinking this is morally correct?
Speaker 4: Why is it grade schooler learning about sexual lubricants.
Speaker 5: Even in red states like Alabama, over half of schools teach about gender identity, the idea that a person could be a gender that doesn't match their biological sex.
Speaker 2: God, and all this happened like an hour ago. What the hell?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, it's absolutely insane and troubling. But again, we're at the end of the beginning. Friends. It's you almost if you step back and look at it as a political scientist or a student of ideas, you have to be in awe of their effectiveness at operating undercover first, then cloaking themselves in what seemed to be moral arguments or arguments against bigotry that convinced a lot of again I call them soft heads well meeting people that don't think critically that all of this crazy ass mumbo jumbo that nobody believed ten years ago is now not only true, but it's so true that anybody who dare say, hey, can we talk about this for a minute ought to be run out of polite society, ought to be ruined, ought to lose their career.
Speaker 2: Anybody who just says, whoa, can we tap the brakes here?
Speaker 5: If you still can't recognize a radical ideology and the damage it's doing.
Speaker 2: I pity you and get out of the way. The rest of us are going to fight it.
Speaker 4: So that fire in the LA Area fires, it's a whole bunch of different fires, is horrific. They just had a big press conference you can hate with a couple of headlines on that. Fox is still saying they're expecting one hundred mile an hour gusts today. That does not help fighting the fires, all of which are zero.
Speaker 2: Percent contained at this point. We got a lot more on the way in a variety of topics.
Speaker 8: Stay here, what you see the remnants of flames. Those were all homes and as you drive down pch you couldn't receive the water because they are home after home after home. Now they are all gone, and he's going to pan all the way over to those lights far down there.
Speaker 2: Those were all homes. You guys, they're gone. Yeah, it's quite amazing.
Speaker 4: I had some people texting me yesterday this is the fires in the LA Area. A couple of different spots quite far apart where they've got these fires going on, including people we personally know who may have had their homes burned down. Some people are saying, man, have you seen the videos? Have you seen the pictures? And I thought, yeah, I mean I've seen fires and everything before, or so I can imagine it. Then I actually saw some of the stuff on Twitter. Holy crap. I think it was the wind that made it so exceptionally crazy. The actor James Woods. I was following his Twitter thread as his porch was on fire and he's putting out pictures of it as he's loading up and taking off and getting out of there, and his neighbor's house burnt down, and he thinks maybe his house burnt down.
Speaker 2: He hasn't been able to go back.
Speaker 4: Thousands of buildings have burnt down, they've already announced, and so far only two deaths that they've announced. And is it still all zero percent, every single fire zero percent contained?
Speaker 5: At this powling winds all day today again? Oh ye a nightmare.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And last night people I know that were sitting in the dark. Electricity was completely off, and you know how in the electricity goes out in the neighborhood. It's so dang dark you can't see anything. And they had to get in the cars and leave and try to find their way to a road that didn't have too much traffic people getting out of the cars and run into the water, like happened in Hawaii a while back.
Speaker 2: Oh, just horrible, horrible, horrible, Mother Nature, Joe, Mother Nature.
Speaker 4: I stopped following Mark Halprin's morning podcast after the election. I was on it every single day when he had have the very latest news on Kamala Harrison, Donald Trump's campaign, and everything like that, because he's one of my favorite political journalists and he's got some of the best sources in all of journalism. But I was looking at some of the quotes that he tweeted out today from his podcast this morning.
Speaker 2: I think you might find this interesting. Here's one thing he said.
Speaker 4: I have zero doubt that there was more coordination on Lawfair than has been reported. I have zero doubt of that, and I think it could be extensively more helper and reported today. I think that we're going to see a congressional investigation about that. We might see a Justice Department investigation about the coordination. Maybe we'll see somebody in media come forward. I don't think Lawfair is going to age well. I remember, you know, we were saying at the time, you're telling me all six of these cases magically showed up in an election year designed to have him in a courtroom while he's running for president. I'll be damned, right, some of the alleged crimes so fresh, they were sushi grade, and some of them years and years ago, right, and.
Speaker 2: They all came down to.
Speaker 4: Election year, and obviously coordinating them. The timing of those would be completely uncool from a justice standpoint.
Speaker 2: So sure also on that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Mark Alprin said this morning, I never predict the outcome of judges, justices or jurors, but I'm.
Speaker 2: Making an exception today.
Speaker 4: I think the Supreme Court is going to get involved in the and block the sentencing in the Stormy Daniel's case. I think the Supreme Court will stop this. I don't even remember where that one is.
Speaker 2: What did he get?
Speaker 5: What did he he owes her money? Or I happen to just be reading about this. This is Judge Juan Murshaan who had months and months and months to decide on scheduling the sentencing and when and whether to do it, and announced with three weeks before the inauguration, Yeah we're going to do it in two weeks, and how that was unprecedented and crazy and unfair. And it was clearly so that Trump would be branded a felon as he took the Oval office and not be able to appeal it in time.
Speaker 4: Right, So that gets to the hole there's some coordination going on here.
Speaker 5: Oh and by the way, that was written in Slate for the love of partisanship, the far left state. Slate was like, this is not cool, this is not good judging.
Speaker 4: Well, right, and as we have said a million times, but I don't understand how more people don't get it. If I'm a lefty, you let this go. You think the right's not going to do it when they have the power to do it to your guy? Is this the way we want it to be going forward?
Speaker 2: Of course not.
Speaker 5: Boy, it's hard to get those arguments to stick. People are so feverish for power and they're so cynical in the political establishment. I have more on that to come, but I don't want to get in the way if you have more.
Speaker 2: There's one more thing that's not related to that. From the.
Speaker 4: Mark Alpern podcast this morning, and I just thought this was interesting. They're talking about a variety of things, and Trump discussing Greenland and it's benefits and everything like that. And Shawn Spicer, who if you remember, was Donald Trump's first White House press person, said, I have always been shocked by the level of detail that Donald.
Speaker 2: Trump can command.
Speaker 4: Said Shawn Spicer, his level of recall is, honest to god, like no one I've ever seen before. Find that interesting, Oh, specifically saying about things he cares about. So if he doesn't care about something, he hasn't looked into it. He has no interest, as we've all seen, and he knows very little about it and is willing to spot off of it. But if it's some issue he's interested, Like I think, for whatever reasons, he's decided Greenland is important. Apparently he has tons of knowledge about it and looks into it and can recall it. It's funny you should bring that up.
Speaker 5: I was watching some of the news conferences today and it struck me that because Trump's speaking style makes me insane, how he doesn't finish sentences and he leaves things on said, and he gives his opponents, you know, clubs to club him with.
Speaker 2: But it occurred to me.
Speaker 5: I can't remember what he was talking about, but I could see in his eyes, this is a guy realizing that there are so many tangents to what he's saying. If he starts down, that it's going to turn into just a cul de sac. And so he just kind of left off because I've often thought, and I'm not proud of this, that he just he had nothing else to say. But I could tell at that moment he had so much to say that he was just kind of leaving it alone. And his speaking style is still frustrating. But I think it's it's not what I thought it was necessarily.
Speaker 2: So I teach this a couple of times. I should mention it.
Speaker 4: Gallopaza with a poll of where Joe Biden ranks as presidents and people's minds currently, and these numbers change over time. Some people go up, some people go down. I feel like Biden's going to go down over time. If anything, I could be wrong, but.
Speaker 2: I agree completely. He doesn't start from a good spot.
Speaker 4: Only six percent of adults responded that history would remember Biden as an outstanding president. Thirteen percent thought he'd be regarded as above average. So above average and outstanding adds up to nineteen percent. And we'll get to some of the other presidents to see how it compares it In a little bit, but that's very low. Another twenty six percent said Biden will go down. His history is just average. So Biden's minus thirty five percentage point net positive rating ranks near the bottom of the list.
Speaker 2: I'd say near the bottom. And this is all modern presidents where they've done gallop polling. So it goes back to Kennedy.
Speaker 4: Only Nixon is lower than Biden, at minus forty two on the positive versus negative.
Speaker 2: Biden's at minus thirty five.
Speaker 4: So he's down in Nixon territory to start with, and I think he's going to go down from there. By the way, if you're wondering where some of the other presidents work, perhaps the guy you voted for, maybe Donald Trump in his first term seventeen percent outstanding, twenty three percent above average, so that adds up to obviously forty percent, and he's got sixteen percent average, so he's in way better shape than Joe Biden after his first term.
Speaker 2: This idea is a bunch of malarkey.
Speaker 5: Sometimes negative feelings fail as you were hinting at, or I'm sorry they fall as you were hinting at earlier. I don't think it'll be that So for Biden. He was an awful president, awful on virtually every single topic.
Speaker 4: And so much more information is going to come out about how bad his brain was and become more clear how awful it was for him to make the decision to run again. And yeah, yeah, so like Trump has got pretty high numbers. Those are people who like Trump, voted for Trump. Trump has the highest negative or tide for the highest negative number, with Biden at thirty one who think he was a poor president. That's Democrats. The difference with Biden is those Democrats, the few that said he was positive. When they find out how bad a shape he was and he ran anyway, they're going to turn on him.
Speaker 2: So that's his numbers are going to be expect so they should. Yeah.
Speaker 4: By the way, your two highest ranking presidents, Number one, John F. Kennedy, he was only president for thirty eight months. I think John F. Kennedy twenty two percent outstanding, forty eight percent above average.
Speaker 2: That's a huge number. For whatever reason.
Speaker 5: Some of it to me, it's like looking back on the career of Nirvana Kurt Kobain.
Speaker 2: I mean, he died young. I remember talking to my parents about this.
Speaker 5: The worshipfulness of JFK in school and they said, you know, he didn't finish his term. And there are some pretty serious birds coming home.
Speaker 4: To roost Reagan and Obama with very high numbers. Also a couple of two term presidents in modern history.
Speaker 2: Biden and Trump. Down toward the bottom.
Speaker 5: Our four of the show you might find interesting. And if you don't get hour four live, grab it vive podcast, you ought to subscribe to Armstrong and Getting on demand.
Speaker 2: I'm not a fan of cynicism.
Speaker 5: I'm a skeptic and a realist, but there's one area of life that you ought to be bitterly cynical about. We will discuss hope you can stay around Armstrong and Getty