Speaker 1: Second date update. Let's take a moment to talk about effort.
Speaker 2: Okay, you feel like.
Speaker 1: In the last ten years guys are making more of an effort on first dates or less?
Speaker 2: You need to ask less you were dating ten years ago?
Speaker 3: How did you know.
Speaker 2: It can't be any worse.
Speaker 3: I'm beaten down. I don't even try anymore.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I remember from doing this show over the past decade before, we heard about some pretty extravagant dates on this show.
Speaker 3: Hot air balloon ride.
Speaker 2: Remember the Castle guy?
Speaker 1: Was that the same rented out of castle fireworks shows?
Speaker 2: I mean that was when the Bachelor was really hot, though, and everybody's trying to emulate it, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that stuff. That's not true.
Speaker 1: Of course they like that stuff, but now it's more of Hey, let's go to target and pick out our five favorite chatschki so we can play with them later.
Speaker 3: You're bye way to.
Speaker 1: Play with So to answer the question, yes, more creative, but not necessarily more impressive.
Speaker 2: Okay in your opinion, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sure, my opinion is lost. So luckily we have a guy on the.
Speaker 1: Phone, though, who's putting in full effort into his first day.
Speaker 2: Him.
Speaker 1: I am very impressed. Without even knowing what he did. Let's talk to Andre.
Speaker 3: Andre. Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 4: Hey, hey, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Did you let her get a sixth tratchkey? Is that what you said?
Speaker 4: I wish I wanted to get to a few different basis, but home girl won't call me back.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, Well, what's homegirl's name?
Speaker 4: Regina?
Speaker 2: Regina? Okay, And so it sounds like, I mean, just in the setup of all this, that you really wanted to impress Regina on this date. Where did you guys meet?
Speaker 4: Well, so we met online and when I've swiped through the picture, she was real cute. But the selling point, Yeah, what the toes? The toes?
Speaker 2: Oh what about the toes?
Speaker 3: What did they were all there? Brooke?
Speaker 4: That was one thing that makes a difference.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so she's well out.
Speaker 4: Missing some things. But now all the solds were there and they were painted really nice. She just they accentuated the caps. She had these hills on. It's just I'm not like a foot fetish guy.
Speaker 3: Are you shot?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean, but they were speaking to me like if they have mouths, they'd be like, hey, come pick us up.
Speaker 2: Why did I set dress sexy little toad talking with the little lips.
Speaker 1: But some people, some people would say that says a lot about who a woman is, how she takes care of her feet and her body.
Speaker 4: I think they weren't crusty. They were pretty. They were well manicured.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying makes sense in combat boots right now. So I don't know any girl with crusty toes. But then I look at Brookes.
Speaker 1: All right, so she won you over with her photo. What did you end up doing for your date?
Speaker 4: This is the thing. First of all, you talk about effort. I have a gold tool. You can't have just one spot picked out you go out with money, you have to have at least three three.
Speaker 3: Three different places.
Speaker 2: That ends up a long night.
Speaker 3: You mean before the reservation or like for the whole night. You're ready to go.
Speaker 4: For the whole night, for the whole night. This is why. This is a theory. This is why because if the vibe falls down on one spot, you got another spot to go to. Soon is the meter drops, you go to another spot, guessing yeah.
Speaker 2: You keep the energy up. You never let things stall out by hanging out at one place for too long.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly it would be nice if you could find a place with like multiple like stories and levels and you could just go up and down the stairs.
Speaker 2: And easy effort. I thought you wanted effort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm also not in as good shape as I used to be.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I want to know these three spots.
Speaker 4: So for Regina, I didn't just have three because reginas the toes are right, So I have to keep the spot. Keep your guessing that I have four places in mind? Right?
Speaker 2: Wow? Extra special girls, it's a planning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it does. Tell me about it. I'll put it in my effort. Don't forget. Andre puts in his effort.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that I know, and she probably appreciated it too. Did you tell her that that was what was going to happen?
Speaker 4: See what that happened was we made it to the third place. I took it to a restaurant. We have some really good food, and I look into a wine bar have some even better food. Then as we're heading to the dive bar, things started acting funny. I couldn't understand why she was acting weird. We get to the dive bar. She doesn't know I have a fourth place already picked up in case the energy goes alow here, but she started acting weird in it.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by weird? Can you give us an example?
Speaker 4: Like she was a little skittish, She was like a little stay at office, and she was like looking at me different, like I was somebody different, Like I changed and did something. But you know, we were having a good time in the first two spots. I don't know what happened between moving over to the third.
Speaker 3: Wait, go to the first restaurant?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, could it be that maybe she's not a dive bar type lady, Do you know what I mean, like like wine and shacotereriy to like dive bar.
Speaker 4: After I don't think it was a dive bar because we have the wine bar. She was already trying to act a little strange and I couldn't tell what it was. So in my mind, you know, I'm thinking, go to the next place.
Speaker 2: I see. So you were taking it as a cue to find a new spot, but really it was a cue that she didn't want to be there anymore.
Speaker 4: My bidy sences went off, you know what I'm saying, And I'm.
Speaker 3: Sure there couldn't have been anything that Andre himself did.
Speaker 2: I mean at what point did you bring up her toes.
Speaker 4: I just let her know that on the app. I didn't keep it up on the date, but I was checking them out. I was looking at my toe. She had nice shoes, you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, you were making comments? Yeah, weird as you're eating the olives from the charcooteries. Do you know what these remind me of?
Speaker 4: Girls?
Speaker 2: It was like a plump, little pinky right there.
Speaker 3: Let's not go down any far that this path. I think we have enough information. Let's come back.
Speaker 1: We will call Regina for you and try and get you your second date update and hopefully send you out to finish your four locations so you can finish it off.
Speaker 5: Kind of four.
Speaker 2: We only have so many gift cards. Yeah, we'll give you one spot at the end of the that we'll.
Speaker 3: See this works. We'll come back and do it right after this.
Speaker 4: Thank you, all right, man, hold on.
Speaker 1: Second date update. Let me say a couple of things to start things off here. First, that I like our listener Andre. He sounds like a guy that cares not just about toes, but about planning fun dates and making sure the girl actually.
Speaker 3: Has a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like we talked about right.
Speaker 1: And when I step back and think about him taking her to four different places in one night, which they never made it to the force by the way, Yeah, I realized that he just took her to a restaurant and then two different bars.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, and are planned it?
Speaker 1: But Audrey, did you think of maybe switching it up a little bit and throwing in an activity somewhere in the middle instead of just drinking at three different spots?
Speaker 2: Drinking wine is an activity? Okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sure, maybe that shit, Maybe that's the one doubt. I mean, let her brother know, you know, like at.
Speaker 2: The dive bar. Maybe you could have played pool or done ski ball if she would have.
Speaker 3: Stayed, you know.
Speaker 1: But the thing is he could already tell at spot number two even before that she was acting a little strange and only reluctantly agreed to go to that dive bar.
Speaker 3: And after that the date was over. So here we are.
Speaker 2: We never asked what was the fourth place you had planned? Maybe that's what we can entice her with when we talked to her.
Speaker 4: All about surprises. I don't know if I should let the cat out the bag.
Speaker 3: You get your second day, you can use that place next to Okay.
Speaker 4: Exactly exactly, my man.
Speaker 3: Allright, us romantic guys got to look after each other.
Speaker 2: Planning four bars romantic.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we don't know if the fourth thing was a bar, but it could have been.
Speaker 1: Well, we won't tell her what you had planned, but we'll see if she even answers the phone, I'm going to dial her number right now.
Speaker 3: Try and get your second date update. All right, here we go.
Speaker 2: You're nervous.
Speaker 3: I want this to work for.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you, be with me on your side. Here we go.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Regina?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Is this This is a radio show. My name is jeff and the show is called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 2: Hey Regina, we're all here. Welcome to the show. Okay, Wow, that's pretty fun.
Speaker 4: Wow, was right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're in for the experience of a lifetime right now.
Speaker 2: Let's not oversell it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how'd you get my number?
Speaker 2: Great question?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we actually got it from one of our listeners, who you know pretty well because you went out with him the other night.
Speaker 3: His name is Andre. Hello.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, Andre sounds like a pretty cool guy.
Speaker 6: Uh well, I got a strange vibe.
Speaker 3: Oh really, seems like he has a lot of good energy.
Speaker 2: I mean we talked to him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Andre picked up on the fact that you were getting a strange vibe because he said you were acting a little bit different as the night went on.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know exactly what he told you, but from my perspective, it was very strange and unsettling.
Speaker 2: Subtly, are you talking about one specific thing or just his overall energy?
Speaker 6: No, So we went to this restaurant and then how is that?
Speaker 5: That was fine?
Speaker 6: I noticed this person and they kept on looking at us, and I thought that was weird.
Speaker 3: So, but sometimes that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: Like a lot of times, if there's a cute couple that's out on a first date and other people notice that they're having good chemistry, you tend to look over at them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and sometimes I was like, can you talk louder so I can eaves drop easier?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Is that well?
Speaker 2: I mean I did.
Speaker 6: I thought nothing of it for at first, but then once we got to the wine bar, that same person was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean it's the same neighborhood though, right, it sounds like these places were close by each other.
Speaker 6: I don't know, Like, I was like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Did you ask Andre?
Speaker 5: Or did he notice he looked over when I looked over at the guy and kind of was like wondering why I was looking, and like totally disregarded it and then just kept talking.
Speaker 2: Well, sometimes men are very good at details.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know he made was the guy looking at you at both places, but.
Speaker 4: Like trying to hide it.
Speaker 6: And then we went to the dive bar, and you're not going to believe this. He was there too, and I was like, what, oh.
Speaker 2: God, that's did you say you're observant?
Speaker 4: You did, you know, pay attention to details? Over here?
Speaker 3: Everybody slow down. You need to tell me Regina.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's Andre who is on the other line listening to this conversation wanting.
Speaker 2: To talk to you, which isn't a good look at the story. You just yeah, idea, why didn't you tell me? I was going to be more like Yo, you know, he's kind of too much.
Speaker 3: He's too cute for me.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know what he was trying to do there.
Speaker 6: It's really scary.
Speaker 3: Well, Andre, now's your chance, man, get in here.
Speaker 4: I wasn't trying to scare nobody up. He was a get a little complicated.
Speaker 2: Look here, Wait, did you know the guy.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean kind of like I didn't. I didn't. I didn't know that you recognized him. I'm a filmmaker on the side, right, and like I had a surprise.
Speaker 3: Oh god, look.
Speaker 4: The person that you had seen was my homeboy Sam, right and and damn Bear, wear me hold on. I'm trying to hold on. Sam, you know, is my homeboy, trusted homeboyd we we we worked together at a photo shop, so weird. I'm sorry, I'm telling you, Bear, Okay, before I get to the final detail, I need y'all to be with me on this.
Speaker 3: All right, benefit.
Speaker 1: Not sounding great so far. You and your buddy dude like secret films together.
Speaker 3: But keep going, Okay, everyone let them talk.
Speaker 4: It's good intention. It's good intention. So Sam was taking candid photos of us, and like I said, I have multiple spots planning. So by the time we got to the fourth spot, surprise, Sam was going to have the photos developed so that we could have a memory of our first date. Why would you do that? Because I'm in the filmmaking business and like I like to remember stuff.
Speaker 6: And you didn't ask my permission.
Speaker 4: Okay, I mean it was a public place. I don't have to.
Speaker 1: Your friend wasn't just taking pictures only of Regina. It was of like both of you together on the date, okay.
Speaker 2: And he didn't have a telephoto lens on her toes, did he?
Speaker 4: I mean?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well let's pause for a second because I need to ask the girls in the room. Is having a scrap book of your first date ready at the end?
Speaker 3: Sweet or creepy?
Speaker 2: Do you know what's crazy? My husband actually has a video from the very first night we met, because it was an event that we met at and he's a he's a videographer and he was taking video. Yeah, he had a big camera up to my face. But we have video of the first night and it's pretty magical. And I down at a bar and a man photos he's been taking to me all night. I would call it the key is I knew?
Speaker 3: Vot creepy there.
Speaker 4: Speaking of your husband now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, if I think where you messed up Andrea's you didn't tell her? If you would have told her, then there's no surprise, I know.
Speaker 1: And the weird part about Brooks One was the video through the bathroom door.
Speaker 3: But like Regina, can.
Speaker 1: You see how Andre's intentions were sweet in doing this.
Speaker 3: It wasn't malicious. He was trying to do something nice for you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I thought he wanted me to do or something.
Speaker 3: That I thought.
Speaker 2: The stranger was just waiting at the dive bar.
Speaker 3: Guy keeps looking at me. Were go to sleep with him? Or get out of here? There's no think is Regina.
Speaker 2: You can see his intentions were pure.
Speaker 1: And now that you understand, we've learned Andrea's all about effort. Yes, and if he gave this much effort on the first date, just imagine what he's going to do on your second date. And we would actually pay to set you guys up to go out again.
Speaker 4: He pitches this. Andre cares about the women. You know what I'm saying. Andre would never intentionally disrespect, but try and go too far to make someone feel uncomfortable. I believe Andre is just asking for one more chance, baby, baby, baby, Please.
Speaker 2: Give up a chance for Ga.
Speaker 3: You have somebody else in this room.
Speaker 6: What do you think, Regina, Just because you're going above it beyond, I'll give you another chance.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see those awkward photos and congratulations.
Speaker 3: To commemorate this experience. You can go back and listen.
Speaker 1: To it up on our podcast at Brook and Jeffrey and relive it over and over it.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, hey hey, and just when you were talking about the threesome thing. There's no chance there, right because like if you willingly.
Speaker 2: Which is every.
Speaker 1: Man rookie Jeffrey in the We've been getting more texts coming in at seventy five nine to two from women wanting to date andre in case this doesn't work out with Regina. Half of them are from Alexis's phone number, the other half are from her mom barb.
Speaker 2: Okay, can blame me, but it just what the energy is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little extra effort planning a date can actually go a long long way.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean he needed to just come clean at the beginning about the photos, but.
Speaker 3: That would have ruined the surprise.
Speaker 2: If she looked good in those photos, like she might be happy about it. You know, I'd be excited. Some candidates for free, I mean trying to take a candid and look naturally.
Speaker 1: As the lighting in the bar is perfect too, starting Yeah it's dark and sexy. Okay, so now we all agree higher strangers to follow you on.
Speaker 3: We all have our support.
Speaker 1: Another thing that helps is having four radio hosts badgering you till you break down and finally say yes, I'll go out with him one more time.
Speaker 2: I was a smart man.
Speaker 3: See, this is.
Speaker 1: Why people reach out to us. We can badger like no other. We are the honey Badgers of Radio, vicious and relentless.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know that that's the thing. We want to hang out.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm branding us at right. We can be the honey badger for you.
Speaker 1: If you ever need help getting that person go out with you again, email the show.
Speaker 3: We'll call that person who wasn't calling you back Brook
Speaker 4: And Jeffrey in the morning.