Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to and that's what you really miss podcasts. Your voice is so soothing. Oh thanks, Q and A Q and a Q and A today it's Q and A da qa. You guys really started to bring it with these questions and we're really appreciative. Well, I like this one. Do you guys wish you got to come to the UK more times as a cast? I sure do. Yeah, we had so much fun there every time we went. Every time and we were there quite a bit. I feel like we were really we went to London a lot or the UK in general, and like it was.
Speaker 2: You and I and Chris Namber did we get that extra trip that first time? But I feel like because every time we did go there with everyone, we didn't have a lot of free time because we were working. Our schedules were past, and so it would have been fun to have a lighter schedule and go so you really could just sort of hang out play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would have been nice. I love it there. Also going like when there's not it wasn't like a ton of pop rozzi because they have like no rules there, so it's just really crazy. That was wild. This is a good one. Did you know that if you searched Jenna's past relationships it says that you guys are divorced. Good who got the house? This is a conscious uncoupling. But we're still friends. We have to raise his children together. It's right. I love that. I do too. Someone said question for Kevin, how different would your experience have been if you had been out? Ooh, I sort of wish I was. To be honest, really, it would have just been easier. I think it would have been easier in some ways, very difficult in other ways. But I think the experience would have been quite different. Actually being on that show and being a right that would have been a very different experience.
Speaker 2: And also maybe it would have like I don't know, maybe that's selfish, but like maybe it would have taken some of the heat off of Chris.
Speaker 1: That makes sense. It's the right show to be on. To be out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have regrets in life, but the one every now and I'm like I should have probably should have, but it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can't, I mean, yeah, would you do? We got a lot of questions like this one. Would you do a reunion like Friends to go back to the sets and talk about the show. I would love to do that in theory. In theory, that would be so wonderful to do. It's like, it's very hard to think about doing though that though, without Corey and Mark and Ayah like the people we've lost, because it just it would feel incomplete in many many ways. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's the obviously the biggest challenge of it, because I feel like, more than anything, maybe we need like a and not televised, like coming together as a group first, and when you go through all of that, you know, I think it would be quite therapeutic, therapeutic. I think it would be good, though, Like they the Friends, A lot of people were referencing the Friends reading in which I thought was done beautifully. Yeah, but Matt few Perry was still alive when that happened, you know, Like, I don't know what they would have done now and how it would have been done differently if they did it without him, you know.
Speaker 1: Very true. When is Sandy Ryerson coming on? Not soon enough? Stephen Tobolowski, We need him, We need him. Icon Legend. Will you do an episode of and that's what you really missed is Ardie and Tina. I didn't even know if I could. Absolutely not. I actually don't know that I could tap back into that. No.
Speaker 2: Only if Brad, Ryan and Ian wrote it then yes, Otherwise no. Oh my gosh, is anybody's performance surprising you so far this season season four? Honestly, I'm in awe of all the new kids. I think I'm like in awe of how much they had to do and are coming onto this like big show, and I think they're all so good. I'm especially in all of Becca who was faking having ever been on a set before of a TV show and this being her first TV audition and booking it and then coming on and crushing it. Yes, I'm really in awe of her and all.
Speaker 1: The new kids. To be honest, I think they were just well Melissa coming out of the gate, like having to hold the show so many songs, like sometimes one of two songs every episode, Yes, exactly, that's a lot. This is not a question. How did you repair the damage to your backs after carrying seasons? You know what? Thank you, thank you so much. The damage has not been repaired. Yeah, it's unrepaarable. The bact's only gotten worse. Ir Yeah, A lot of people asked about these public's video recordings Q and I too, I'm like, what is that? What videos of us in the studio? Oh? I get it though.
Speaker 2: I like watching videos of people in the studio, Like there's Arianna has a lot of great videos of her recording vocals, and I think it's different. Yeah, it's different when you're in the studio for days on end and there's so much time and you can film those things and there's no rush and there's no time crunch to get a vocal done. We just were not set up for success in that way to have a video We it worked for us recording, but to also facilitate behind the scenes thing. I do wish like we had it. It would have been great to see, right, but the reality and practicality of filming it is not not possible. Do you have any more Diana's stories? Dana's just the best, Oh my gosh, like the sweetest, most fun I will Diana is like a secret like a hostess with the mostest Like you go somewhere everyone knows Diana. Yeah, she knows how to get you into the coolest places.
Speaker 1: Knows everybody loves a good dance party, like just wants to have a good time. Knows a thousand music artists that I would never have heard of, just like the coolest person. Yeah, cool Cairl.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's what happens when you grew up in the Bay, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: So I went traveling this summer in Europe and I just want to give a shout out to these so tons of people who came up to me and say they listen to the podcast. What Yeah, it was really special and loved it. Yeah, it was really sweet. And every time I always just so shocked and appreciative because I think it means a lot. It's I think it's such am I meant to listen to any podcast, and it's really sweet that people spend the time and think it's worth it. So thank you very much. It was a pleasure. Like, if you listen to the podcast, you see me on the streets, let me know what's up, appreciate it. If there was a reboot, would you want a whole new story or continuation of the o G timeline?
Speaker 1: Oh god, a new one? Yeah, I think a new one. I think.
Speaker 2: I think it's possible to have a continuation of the og one. I just think it's harder because you're playing into, like you want the nostalgia of what the original series brought, and that's always so hard. But it's possible maybe a.
Speaker 1: Little bit of both storylines, and then you bring in the old characters and kind of bring back some of their stuff, you know.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yeah, which season made you feel most disconnected from each other? I think the shock of season four?
Speaker 1: Yes, the split. The split was.
Speaker 2: Pretty jarring, jarring. That was I think my season five. Season six, you miss everyone, but you're sort of used to the disconnection at that point. Season four was pretty weird in that way. It was like a brand new show.
Speaker 1: Felt like us.
Speaker 2: We missed everyone a lot. Yeah, I loved all the new people, but definitely, you know, you miss your fam.
Speaker 1: I know most shows have table reads, Dick Lee to what was that? Like? I wish we had table I really wish we did. There's nothing I wish more than like most shows. I wouldn't say all of them, but most shows you sit around the table with the director and all the crew and the people and the cast who are in the in the episode, and you read through the script just for the first time. Or second time or whatever, just to hear it out loud with the character's voices on it. We did not have time for that. I don't think any of Ryan's shows do what he wants, to be honest, and it's something that I've always wanted to do. I've never done a show like that. You you worried. I think it's so fun, but I think ours would be ridiculous, like just everybody free reign, you know, And I.
Speaker 2: Also think it it takes more time, and so if there was any free time, people just wanted to be at home staring at a wall. Like that's the other thing, if there wasn't already something else to be doing. Were the choir room chairs comfortable?
Speaker 1: Were they? I never They never bothered me, which I think is a good sign that like it wasn't that uncomfortable, like I don't, come to think of it, nobody did. Yeah. No, I think they were comfortable. I mean I wouldn't say, like I want to sleep in them, but they were definitely like fine for as long as we were in There takes a short and in between takes or like they're switching camera position, people are sitting in other chairs. Someone said once you stop appearing in every episode as a regular, does your pay structure change? Yes, it does, well, it depends. It depends.
Speaker 2: You normally get paid the same if you show up again. Right, But when you're a regular, you're guaranteed a certain number of episodes. So let's say Glee's twenty two episodes, I actually only appear in nineteen in this season. I still pay for twenty three two. So if you are there's also different ways to do that. You can be guaranteed less episodes. So if it's twenty two episodes season, you can be guaranteed ten episodes, but you still get the same like episode episodic rate. Okay, how did hair work on the show? I swear someone would have bangs and then no bangs. Okay, so if I if I'm understanding this correct clean the way that you think, Like, sometimes there are hair is magic. Hair is magic on a show where.
Speaker 1: Wigs happen, clipping bangs happen, sometimes people just cut them and that's what you have to work with. But hair is pretty amazing. And our hair, our haircrew was the department was incredible and they could make anything work. And you know you see TEENA in like season four. I think late Tina Parker was my hair girl that year, and she was a master braider. So I'd be like, let's braid my hair every day, and so we'd come up with these like ridiculous ways to make things interesting and fun. Or I'd send her photos and we'd be like, we should do this for this competition or whatever. So anyway, our hair department was incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't. There wasn't a lot of hair to deal with on me, so my experience is quite different. But it was usually pretty consistent though also in terms of continuity, like from episode to episode, within an episode, seem to scene if it wasn't supposed to just change in the middle of the scene, sometimes it might it was not intentional. What was the trailer situation? Like triple Bangers, So we had, Yeah, we had triple Bangers where it would be three individual trailers and one long trailer and it was done by number on the call sheet, so like one, two, three together, four or five six together, seven, eight nine. We would have had bigger trailers. I think, like at least the main cast would have had bigger trailers at some point, but there were too many of us. Yeah, you couldn't fit them. We were in the parking lot. They had to section off a huge portion of the Paramount parking lot and we were just in there for seven year. Just poor people that work there. I know, who are neighbors?
Speaker 1: Chris, it was Chris, you and me? Okay, yeah, I was in the middle. Yeah, because Christ was Sevenuary eight. I was nine, right, yes, yeah, yeah, So it was Chris, Kevin and.
Speaker 2: Me, which is why if you know the story of him pranking me with the spider my toilet, it's easy for him because he literally shares a wall with me, so he could hear my reaction to it.
Speaker 1: That's funny. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Also what was really fun is when we'd be on location or something and they would have a director's trailer and like Brad or Ryan would be directing, and they would have a really beautiful.
Speaker 1: Thing, nice modern updated trailer, and Brad would never use this, so he'd be like, just you can go in there and sitting there if you want to, just got fireplace in his Yes, they have like this cool like neon lighting and stuff. We would use their trailers, like especially on like night shoots or like if we're on the football field and like there was like a big long couch and like I remember Diane and I spending one day in there and just be like we were like, this is amazing. Can we just sleep in this trailer forever? Yeah, you just spread out. Ours was like a very limited space. It was so fine, like it was fine. We were never in them, but they were Ours were like from the seventies and Brats was like very twenty ten.
Speaker 2: The first season we really did have ones that were from the seventies, and then I remember we got like the newer ones that were that's right, God, this is so much better, which still want to use today. Those are like the common ones today. Speaking of that, someone said who, someone asked who had the most fun trailer out of the cast.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, it didn't. They all looked the same. So we would just go hop from trailer to trailer. Trailer was the hair and makeup trailer, That's true, that's real. Hot ass would come. We'd go hang out in there a lot. They would have like tea and snacks set up sometimes, or like Roamy would bring her baked goods. Or if you were getting sick, you'd go to Kelly Mitchell and she'd give you all these natural things to help you know. How did you all keep from visibly sweating through your outfits during vigorous dances. We didn't. We were definitely sweating. They had these big fans for us in between takes two that they would come up. They were called monster fans, and they would like try and cool us down. But they had these big air blowers that they would bring us. But I swept through a ton of my costumes, and then I saw that some people, like you know, obviously they've auctioned off some of our clothing and like people get those like regional sectionals dresses. And I'm like, I am so sorry. I don't the way that shows up to you, because I remember how I left it. Woo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I don't know the state in which I don't know how these were cleaned.
Speaker 1: I know, but.
Speaker 2: I would have to. It was so hot. I wore sweaters all the time. I luckily you can't really sweat through the sweater. If I had one of those like sweater vests and a long seat shirt underneath, your's really a secondhand to.
Speaker 1: Oh you oh they smell yeah, And I would I'm a sweater. You would see everything just by sitting there. I wasn't even doing anything. Just there are a couple times I thought I was going to pass out. I was so hot. Yeah. I could look at you sometimes and be like, how are you even? Yeah? And then sometimes the stages would be so cold they would run that air conditioning all day and you'd be freezing. I love it. No, I love it too, but sometimes too cold. But it would keep you awake and alert. That's very true. Next question is would you have liked to have directed an episode of Glee as well? Oh? Yeah, I would have loved to now I would back then. No, yeah, exactly a little scared back then. But yes. Were you happy with your ending with the characters? I was. I liked two thousand and nine. I like the ending. Yeah, I just liked that we ended up every other together. Yeah, that was nice. Is Kevin similar to Kurt? Not really? No, No, not at all. I wish I had Kurt's confidence. But no, what episode was telling him supposed to be? For? What was the performance going to be? I don't remember what episode exactly tell him I was supposed to be. It's definitely on Google somewhere. The performance was supposed to be us walking in like slow mo across the football field. It's stunning singing it. That is cinema that I remember. I need to see that. Which of your tattoos you to get with Harry Styles? Oh, I don't remember. I got my tree, tree, there's a tree. I think I got the dandelion on my shoulder, wrong shoulder? Did you got the dandelion on my shoulder that time? Yes, that is such a good one. And the button on my wrist that my my daughter loves that now she praces all the time. She's like a button. It's so cute. Kevin, I got tattooes in honor of Nyah. Yeah, and mine is the bow that and I had on the back of her neck and so I got it on my arm. And my daughter thinks that it's a balet bone now so she always says ballet, ballet, and yeah, she loves that one. It's her favorite one. Also, the videos you see me of her doing ballet, it is possibly the cuteste I've ever seen in my entire life. It's actually I'm not okay, I'm not okay. It's my favorite thing. Her little leg just goes like flying, no control, what's what? But she loves it and she knows what she's doing. You ask her to like passe and she'll put her foot to her knee like it's amazing, They're amazing. Did you do ballet at that age? Yeah? I did, but I was not as well behaved as she was. I was running around the room. I did not listen. You grew out of that. Do you love the newbies pots some of them? Yeah? Yeah. I also think they're just.
Speaker 2: So good that they're handling even some of the crazier things really well.
Speaker 1: Yeah. What was your least favorite storyline from season four? The Catfish? I remember, I don't hate watching it as much as I remember shooting it and being like this is so annoying.
Speaker 2: There was there was, Yeah, the catfish thing is very strange. The school shooting.
Speaker 1: Did not love? Oh yeah, no, no, not that one. Also just started watchingly and listening to the podcast and am in love. Thank you? Really newbie love that. Do you prefer Fabory or Quintana Fabry or who Quintana? Quintana favor Quintana? Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah Quintana. Yeah, I mean it all works. I know I'm not mad at either, to be honest.
Speaker 1: How fun was it in the STD costume Kevin and how did you have to wear it for? Listen, that shit sucked.
Speaker 2: I as someone who's like definitely up for whatever, yeah of it. When I first started, like absolutely, yes, get me in this thing. Also like what show are we on?
Speaker 1: What is this? Right?
Speaker 2: But it was all for it. However, it was not comfortable in the places I had to wear it were not comfortable and wearing it at six in the morning in New York City outside it was freezing and I had to match a scene we had already filmed, so I couldn't change my outfit and I was shivering on the side of the road just not feeling it. No, and there's people walking by, and like, I don't care if people think of me, Like whatever, I'm getting paid to be here.
Speaker 1: I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care how crazy I look. But at the same time, I'm like look away, like I was. Yeah, I was having a time, but at this yeah, at the same time hilarious and absolutely insane. Like the more insane the more I'm down. Yeah, No, you definitely were one of those. I was like, absolutely not. I wouldn't have even put it on, you know, but you are You're a trooper. I was just like this whatever. I was also filming that movie at the same time, so I'm like, you know, three days, four days out of the week, I'm filming scenes with Dozen Hoffman and Kathy Bates and then showing up.
Speaker 1: Yeaham my life? What is happening? Well, on that note, I think we should end this cane there. Thank you guys for writing and your questions. You're great. I keep Hollywood dream is real. Yeah exactly. That was our Q and A. We love doing those for you guys. Thank you so much. I hope you enjoyed.
Speaker 2: It and that's what you really missed you next time.
Speaker 1: Bye.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars.
Speaker 1: See you next time.