Speaker 1: All right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton, Watts Bay to LA. Come on to California, say from aalley to valley. We represent that Keller County. So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles chronic Goals.
Speaker 1: He gonna tell you how we goals.
Speaker 2: If I lie, my nose will grow like Pinocchio. We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truths.
Speaker 3: The chronic goals.
Speaker 1: This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail mc ain't big change and big spiels from the streets.
Speaker 3: Hello, Welcome to the gangst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect Podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael on your front screen. Subscribed to Against the Chronicles, leave a five start rating and comment. We like to welcome every one to another episode of The Gangster Chronicles podcast. I am Big Steal with my guy Jill. And you know today we got one of my I could say, one of my favorite rappers.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: My guy represents San Diego, Jayo Fellony bullet.
Speaker 5: Loco, what still, what's the deal man, man, Jio Western Man?
Speaker 1: It finally don't.
Speaker 5: Got you up in here? Man oh ship man. Steal, what's the deal you need a pill? Hell?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm gonna ask.
Speaker 5: Go ask you again, steal, what's the deal you need to peel?
Speaker 1: I'm still don't mess with.
Speaker 5: I don't mess with the dig got right, That's how we do we get out for sure?
Speaker 3: Hey, so I wanted to ask him to drag you into this debate that the eight was having right the eight because eight got beef for Linzo right now from the world class.
Speaker 1: He got beef a lot.
Speaker 5: Check this out, you shut Alonzo? Okay, Yeah, because I don't. I don't claim that I don't be I don't have beef with niggas. Man, I'm too old to have beef with niggas. What it is is we have misunderstandings with motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: So what it is is you You you grew up West Coast. You know you know all about West Coast music from the foundation of what it is, right, Yeah, okay, as an early teen, what was your influences as far as what made you want to grab the mic and start spitting about the neighborhood and you know the situations of the block and all that. What was your influence?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, man, you already know, Nigga you the n W as motherfucking okay.
Speaker 1: You up said all the geister ship. You know what I'm saying. My growing up, you feel me?
Speaker 4: The fucking Rocky Yeah, yeah yeah, Big Daddy Kings exactly, all that type of ship.
Speaker 5: My influences even audio tubes, Yeah yeah, milk is chilling, and and and and as a and I'm gonna tell you something, as an early motherfucker who was pop, locking and breaking, you know, we all had those you know those fucking you know, the Herbie Hancock, Rocky Egyptian, the craft work toward these France you know what else you know, just electric kingdom. Whatever you pop to or break to, you get. And a lot of that was was West Coast music in the beginning. You know, they had those four staples of of of whatever.
Speaker 1: Had unknown d J.
Speaker 5: You had Lonzo who was with the Recon Crew, You had l a dream Team, and then you had Egyptian Lover did I bang my beat goals?
Speaker 3: Boom?
Speaker 5: And what is a DJ if he can't Scratch, I certainly did. Did I listen to you know, Run DMC and and just Ice and and and Schoolly D?
Speaker 1: I definitely did.
Speaker 5: But as far as the Recond Crew was concerned, they had a different style of music.
Speaker 1: You feel me.
Speaker 5: In our early days. I don't know if it was gimmicky rap or whatever. You know, they had Bobby Jimmy and the Critters and Ship like that. That's fun that you give me. That didn't influence me to want to rap. Did I listen to the Ship, of course I did? Uh. Did I listen to the fucking club records of the Wrecking Crew as far as listening to Doctor.
Speaker 1: Dre Surgery when he was cutting up on what? Of course? I mean?
Speaker 5: I was getting into early rap. You know DJ. I thought the Nigga was a hell of a DJ. You listen to dream Team. I listened to Rockberry Jam and dream Team is in the house, Like I said, I listen.
Speaker 4: See yeah, I think they had their time and who they was.
Speaker 1: But my thing is this.
Speaker 5: Listening to that era and comparing that era to hearing Grand Master Flash or Sugar Heel or you know those records. That is what more influenced me to want to becoming MC. When I heard Eric be as President you get me? Or when I heard fucking six in the Morning or fucking Schoolly d P s K.
Speaker 1: That was more street ship. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: That's because I'm in the streets right all that ship had more street the Wrecking Crew with songs like Lovers and and and turn Off the Lights and world class. You know, if mostly females is playing records when you go trying to hang out with a broad just a lot of a lot of that music before we had the before we had the fucking Foundation off the Lights.
Speaker 1: It's in the name, you know, they was. I definitely ain't playing this with the homies.
Speaker 3: There you go?
Speaker 5: Did did turn Off the Lights influenced Jo fellon me to grab a mic and want to start bussing.
Speaker 1: Not at all, want to go get my My point is, I've listened to that.
Speaker 5: When you know my point is, I said no disrespect to, no disrespect to Lonzo, And like I said, my first record I ever did was because Lonzo changed his perception of gangster rap music and he figured, fuck it, I'm a jump on board. So we put out a record called The Compting compilation that was my first ever record. If you listen to it, it had no fucking influences of turn off the lights or lovers and friends or he's bionic or you know that technotronics that's what they did, you know what I mean. So it didn't influence me. When I listened to Record Crew, I said, Okay, niggas can scratch like a motherfucker, but it didn't make me want to go, oh man, I'm finna go grab my because because Lonzo and Client Tail and Yellow and Trey like you know.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: So your homeboy did say it was an influence on you though, but that's what he said.
Speaker 5: He said he was an influence on my career and me wanting to pick up the mic you saying and I said, no, that ship was corny.
Speaker 1: It was corny RAPU.
Speaker 5: It was corny rap just like when you listen to Bobby Jimmy and the Critters and he was weird Al Yankovich in the Rumors song with roaches and ship. Look at all these roaches and you know what, that's what we had over here.
Speaker 3: Hey, let me ask you one question before we jump off of that. When you was over there doing your song for the com compilation then make you go.
Speaker 5: It makes me see you you you fucking me, you guys, because it wasn't THEO you give me like I said, I said, and I came in and I what was I playing when I walked there?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 5: Niggat playing the whole Record Crew catalog and I'm playing it for everybody in.
Speaker 1: Here so they can listen. They hasn't done fast music, but it wasn't influence on MC eight or comptas, most R and B music, you know they was. They was ready for the world. They was the West Coast full force. You get me, you get and I like.
Speaker 4: All them groups, full for the world. But it's a time and place for that, you know what I'm saying. Like that ain't gonna get no play when I'm trying to concentrate on some writing, some ship.
Speaker 5: When I'm trying to content like that on them question of the neighborhood and the homies who got killed or we getting jacked by the police.
Speaker 1: I don't want to hear no soft music when I'm trying to create.
Speaker 3: Or you're trying to get a moved, you're trying to get so, like I said.
Speaker 4: Get my weight up with my rap shit. No disrespect to all hardcore rap shit.
Speaker 5: No disrespect to the cats who felt like you know, they were a staple in West Coast music because like I said, they were, they definitely can crew Egyptian Lover l a dream team. But my influences came from really niggas like Toddy T mixed Master Spade and d J varr and and like King T in his early days. Yeah, fucking iced tea with six in the morning and fucking Schoolly D with p s K.
Speaker 1: You know that's what we banged when we didn't have that.
Speaker 5: We was in the hood playing Parliament Flashlight and fucking you know that type of ship.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was one thing you discovered that Lonzo was they can keep sucking with him, gonna fuck you up, that's still keep fucking with go get to.
Speaker 1: You, I know you. Yeah, like I said, it's all good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: One thing I wanted to do that real quick man is like hell no that it didn't man ship. I didn't want to. I didn't come on.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to go grab a sequence jacket, and and and and and right about trying to get pussy.
Speaker 1: Lonzo was a player. Let's keep it. He was a player.
Speaker 4: Bump of your ship, man, I gotta he wasna ice Rock exactating there bumping your ship, nigga all the time.
Speaker 3: Happy when you came.
Speaker 4: Out with that motherfucker CD with the low Rider with the blue low Rider music to drive out. Yeah, we own that nigga music to drive by banging that type ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And see that's what that's what I say when that's what nigga influence some motherfucker we.
Speaker 1: Riding around and that niggas glasshouse.
Speaker 5: When niggas is, when when niggas is is trying to get on and they listening to a motherfucker and they going, Man, this nigga talking about what we went through yesterday and and and the homie guy who smoked and nigga the police raided us and woot the womt So now I'm finna go start writing about what going in my neighborhood and today this happened, and nigga, won't you want that's an influence. You could listen to a nigga all day and be like, the nigga got some good ship, but he not making me want to go grab the microsong and a pad and a pin.
Speaker 4: And that's what I mean when exactly when I when I wrote that song for the show soundtrack with South Central Cartels, Yeah, tretching every that was the bigg influenced on my Mama. That that record with the Dog Pound, that that one. I think it was on A Minute to Society soundtrack that Boom boom. I think it's called Jen and something like that, uh, raging him on it. That ship was knocking.
Speaker 5: So I took that that you're talking about it in my head Tanger ray and ship, Yeah, bosting on that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: That's what I had a video cut, Yeah, video forward to that beat was like I think that was a doctor dre b. That was that beat in my head, tangle right wrap for that South Central song. I had that beat in my head right my rap and I went to the studio and killed that Monther. Yeah, that type of influence, you know what I mean. And I didn't even hear the beat that I was that beat I had, yeah.
Speaker 3: Ship, Hey, are you all familiar with this Travis Rudolph situation? Yeah?
Speaker 1: You think he was telling me about it earlier?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was. I was reading a couple of little little lines.
Speaker 4: It's just a regular dude. He played sports or something.
Speaker 5: He played football. He's play football. He went to a you know, he went to a top notch high school. He played for Florida State. I think he got drafted too by the Dolphins.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he played for He played for the Exams. He played a few years for the Exams. Then he was playing for the Dolphins, and I think he was with Baltimore. He was with Baltimore was his latest team, right, He played up in the CFL for a few years. But apparently his ex girlfriend or whatever showed up to his mama's house with some cats.
Speaker 1: And this and this happened in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this happened to twenty one. So she showed up over his mama's house, of all places, with her brothers. They fell out. She was going through his phone and shit found out he was having some you know, as Will's wife would say, in entanglement. He was copping a little entanglement, you know what I mean. So I guess she got hot and said, my brother's gonna come and fuck you up. They showed up over his mama's house. He wound up banging on killing one of the dudes. Now, what I don't understand is Florida is known as Staniel ground state. They allowed.
Speaker 1: Martin got killed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they loved they allowed Trayvon Martin to get killed like that. They let that dude go scott free because he was defending himself. But you got a situation here in which a dude's safety was impeter somebody show up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or he thought, oh, you don't know.
Speaker 3: Are you supposed to give someone a chance to wait till you get shot before you retaliate.
Speaker 4: No, if somebody show up at your house, you're just supposed to do what you gotta do to survive.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I don't feel like there's no nothing to even talk about at that point, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Exactly, because I feel like if you come to my house, especially my mama's house, my mama's safetiest threat, my daddy safe.
Speaker 4: That girl already put that thread out there that they coming to get him or whatever for whatever they went through. Shit, you come to my mom house, I'm gonna just shit. You're gonna get aired out. It ain't gonna be no talking or none of that. You know what I'm saying, because I don't know what the threat is. You know what I'm saying, just don't know. You don't have no idea. And that's the whole purpose of having weapons is to defend yourself in case somebody come. So that loss stood for for the white man, but it ain't standing for him.
Speaker 1: No, it's not staying for him.
Speaker 3: No. Fuck the dude's whole career up. Man, you know he's been he's sitting up in the show. They did let him post bond. He's out on the.
Speaker 5: Cashle, he's out on bond. So I'm reading about basically what happened.
Speaker 1: Right, So.
Speaker 5: She's she's fucking with the dude. That the girl's name is Dominique, right, so ms Jones and and what's his name, Travis? I guess they was fucking around whatever said. They was at the crib one night. They playing Uno, right, they playing Uno and taking shots. Oh shit, loser takes the shot. So they getting so they getting fucked up. My man say he gotta get up, he gotta go take a piss. So as he going to take a piss, she grabs his phone, breaks his past code, goes in his phone see probably naked pictures.
Speaker 1: Of bitches.
Speaker 5: He talking to bitches, probably hooked up with some bitches. So she automatically started going off, grabbing her shit like nigga, fucked it somethingna leave? Won't he won't, He don't know what she tripping off of up. He realized, Oh this motherfucker went in my phone shawl. He like, are you trimping? You trimping?
Speaker 1: You? Whooped?
Speaker 5: You know how nigga gonna do? He like, bits you dripping? She like, nigga, get the fuck up out my way? Say she grab a trophy or something, threatening to hit the nigga. The nigga like, fuck you gone? So as they are? You instill and she leaving. He get there like, yeah, you just.
Speaker 1: Like all the other broads. You know you ain't WoT He won't say.
Speaker 5: She pick up the phone, text her brother tell her come shoot this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: Oh right, sawl.
Speaker 3: Next thing you know?
Speaker 5: He look up, it's four niggas on his doorstep, said so, they said. A brief altercation happened, and so he claimed, in fear of his safety, he went and grabbed the fifteen who we are? Say so when I guess you know niggas knowing or baby doesn't put them up on game. Nigga got that thing in here. So after whatever, and he probably break loose and running the crib. They automatically know he gonna get that thing. They run for the car, jumping the whip and try to speed off. My nigga, come out, dump thirty nine times on them, kill the nigga in the passenger seat.
Speaker 1: So they's some goofy motherfuckers anyway, So.
Speaker 5: The judge don't give him to stand your ground law because they're trying. You know, they automatically gonna say the niggas was running away. They got in their car and was banging down the block. You as a nigga, though, you gonna be like, fuck these niggas. Mans. Niggas just jump me and rushed me. And I'm pissed off because the broad done hit him and told him to come shoot me. Already got the mentality fuck these niggas. So even though they then jumped in the whip, Nigga, I'm at the front door with that thing, I'm an empty that motherfucker man. So they're gonna they're saying one of them get killed. They want the passenger get killed, and I think somebody in the back seat got hit, So they're saying, was you really in fear of your safety if the niggas had jumped in the car.
Speaker 1: That's a whole.
Speaker 5: That's where the stand your ground law is killed because they fleeing. And you know they always gonna flip the script when they say the niggas was fleeing, but you ran in the crib grab the strap after they fleeing already.
Speaker 1: But but you can't say I don't know if they was going to get something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: He can go, they can run to the car, they knowing I got the heat doing they know I got the heat? Who says they ain't got the heat in the car and that they gonna go in. As soon as they get to the car, they're gonna turn around me out start serving. So that's just like they say, nigga, you better swing first before a nigga.
Speaker 4: You you already beat me up now, even without a weapon. If it ain't it ain't even a one on one, y'all could kill me jumping me right. You know what I'm saying, My life is still in danger even if you don't got a pistol.
Speaker 1: Man, how many times have you seen somebody hit their head on.
Speaker 4: Something trying to say while I'm on the ground or anything and make me a vegetable.
Speaker 1: And then you gotta take it to a count like like you can say, these niggas gonna come back again.
Speaker 5: You got to take into account like ship, bitch, I know your brother that I know that hard head motherfucker. So with some other mother it came with three other dudes. It's you and this four other niggas and they on your porch. I mean, what should you have done though? Should you have opened the door and like, nigga, what the fuck? Or should you have just stood there behind the door. But like I said, well you nigga might kick in my door, Like what do you know? The mentality of what homeboy thinking because his sister done called and said, come shoot this motherfucker.
Speaker 4: Hey, But I'm thinking, like does he have do they have the proof that she said that they got it on text? They got her in.
Speaker 5: She's on the stand right now because the defense for him is going it was self defense.
Speaker 1: You give me.
Speaker 5: It was self defense because here's the text, and she's trying to say it was wrong of me to do that. It was wrong of me to send my brother a text saying, come shoot this motherfucker. Because now she's trying to say it was all out of anger. Okay, yeah, because maybe you should have just took your ship and should have just went on about you the nigga gone.
Speaker 4: The running the way part shouldn't matter. If she told him to come kill the motherfucker. The running the way parts shouldn't even matter, you know what I mean. I'm feeling like y'all came to do what she told y'all to do. You know what I'm saying, whether you had a gun or not exactly, you know what I mean. And I'm thinking you got a gun anyway, because if she said come shoot this motherfucker, I'm thinking y'all got a gun.
Speaker 1: That's what I said. I mean, y'all beat me up to start off with you. I know at some point I know she mad.
Speaker 5: She's fear like like she's hot right now because like I said, she wouldn't win in my phone. Probably doesn't seen some button naked videos or whatever, so she.
Speaker 1: The reason all the bullshit. But let me tell you something.
Speaker 5: Scenes No, Travis got you man, you gott you gotta put you gotta grab your phone when you want to take a piss, I don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Sometimes though, a real bitch is gonna be like, I'm not going and look, I'm gonna find some many.
Speaker 1: Right, so what I'm looking in his phone? So you gotta figure, gotta figure.
Speaker 5: She was already, she was already on the shaky because she felt like and even in that quick of a time, like a nigga just going to take a piss. He ain't saying I'm gonna take a ship. That nigga said, nigga, I fin gonna take me a piss right quick. That's real quick, like you feel me.
Speaker 3: He got his past code, please believe me. Eventually, she was waiting for anything any given time, past cold, get put in and everything. That's what women do. They sit up and look at you. Don't be saying shit, you be putting your past cod fellas, I ain't fellas. I ain't gonna say like, you know, you know you gotta take your phone with you. But you know, when you got a female and you know she's uncertain, women, y'all haven't y'all haven't built it.
Speaker 5: Y'all haven't built that trust or the trust has been broken to where she gotta do that. May you gotta be careful. Man, you know, I ain't telling you what to do, but man, get your backup phone or something. Leave it in the car some you know, because a lot of ship transpire from the mess of relationships.
Speaker 1: When ship is unsure, I think they was just they was dating.
Speaker 3: Anyway, because I was gonna say when you married, when you married, when you married, your wife can kind of because I'm going and that's not like I grab my wife's phone.
Speaker 1: Being married.
Speaker 5: If you've been with a significant other for and it's significant, she's gonna feel like she got that. Nigga, what because in a minute, let me tell you something, Because let me tell you something. In a minute, she gonna do this. She's gonna she gonna she gonna put your ass on the spot, and she gonna tell you in a second. Nigga, here, you could check my fucking phone. You can check my ship.
Speaker 1: Seems like some fucking seventeen year old ship.
Speaker 5: It don't matter what I they gonna do that ship. Nig at this point, though, Man here here, look here, you can check my ship. You can check my phone. Nigga, go up and check my nigga. Fucking here, you wanna check my purse to go inside. Nigga check it off some teenager. It is teeny bopper ship, but it's just with some Like you said, if you ain't built that trust with your woman, then you go. If you don't trust the feed me And I don't know if it's different from us as as as men.
Speaker 4: Kevin looking into no bitch phone, boy, you might find out because I don't like even if you don't trust them, even if even if you don't trust the motherfucker, you get me.
Speaker 5: It's a certain level where nigga just be like, Man, I ain't picking up no bitch phone like that. I'm not doing that ship. They say, you're gonna open that motherfucker up and see her, see her bent over like but getting her ass slapped off by another digger, you gonna be like, oh my god, just go.
Speaker 1: To your stomach like you man. That ain't no feeling you ever.
Speaker 3: Man. But I'm gonna tell you this, sometimes it's best nothing to know. If you don't want no ship, if you don't want to see some ship, don't be digging nobody's ship.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 5: Or or or or had the confidence that hey, it is what it is got out of confidence.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 3: I've been with my wife for thirty years, so it ain't all that going through phone. Ain't no such thing as that.
Speaker 1: No more.
Speaker 3: Of course she used my phone, I use hers. You know we're old now, so you know it's old ship. You old ship because you be chilling. You ain't because you know better. You ain't keeping No. I ain't got no.
Speaker 1: Button nakets on your phone. Huh.
Speaker 3: I ain't got nothing to got no butt nakeds on there?
Speaker 1: You what?
Speaker 3: But I go through there right down. See if I see something butt that you have. They had a situation one time.
Speaker 5: Maria, he ain't got no butt leckds on there.
Speaker 3: Whistle you one thing. Something did happen when the homies just saw somebody that we knew. The homies send you a picture. So it was a woman that we know who shall remain there aimless. She on Twitter and got her whole little motherfucking swinger lifestyle cracking or whatever. Right, so the homie sends me the picture for some reason. My dumb ass, I'm looking at the picture, and you gonna ship pop up on the iPhone or where you can afford the motherfucker to somebody.
Speaker 1: So I forwarded to her by accident.
Speaker 3: Like a dumb ass, Like a dumb ass, and I was trying to find every little thing online to where I could retrieve that motherfucking and it wasn't cracking. She didn't trip though. I told her what it was and she saw and and that was it. It kind of got laughed off, But man, I learned a long time ago, man Nix, you gotta give even if you may, or you gotta give people a privacy because it might not beat them delicious. Just like we sit up here and talk about bitches, ass and titties. How we know bitches when they at their job. Don't be talking about niggas.
Speaker 1: Of course, look at what.
Speaker 4: We're talking about right now. Like, like, you gotta be real careful. It was just pussy and dick shit, bro, because that ship get you killed. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: It's just you gotta know who you're dealing with, especially these days. Yeah, man, let me tell you somethings will smoke you. Man ship.
Speaker 5: Back in the days, back in the neighborhood days, you you get your cap peeled over some some some some female ship. Still, Yeah, for sure, fucking fucking with the wrong female and she fucking with a nigga from the rival set or a different set or what niggas would use.
Speaker 1: They life over broads.
Speaker 4: Man, It's like a biscuit be trying to trying to make her nigga jealous of some bullshit, right, and they trying to give you some attention, and you ain't even tripping on the broad. You don't even want the broad because another nigga fucking her anyway, you know what I'm saying, Like, Nigga, I don't want to be fucking behind you, nigga, but they'll put that out there, like at the end of the day, this nigga looking at you sideways. You know what I'm saying now, he plotting on you behind his punk bitch.
Speaker 1: You don't even know, you know, and you don't even growing up in the hood.
Speaker 4: You ain't even thinking about you know what I'm saying, trying to have no sex with her or nothing because of another nigga that you like, Nigga, that's the homie fucking with her.
Speaker 1: But some niggas don't think like that. It's it's kind of like disgusting to me, Nigga, I don't want to sufter no other nigga.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, I don't want to have sex with if I know you fucking with the bitch, I don't want the bitch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, too many females out here, you know what I mean exactly.
Speaker 3: When you think about in society, man, nigga, why are you even talking like that? You know what I'm saying. Throughout the history of mankind, if you look at it, women have been the cause of major wars.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm talking thinking about it, don't it.
Speaker 3: Don't be wars kicked off because of a bitch behind it, because of a big whole nation is going to get gets each other going to war.
Speaker 5: And let us put the disclaim. Let us put the disclaim around right now. All women are you know, you know, we we we loose with the tongue sometime by referring to females as bitch. So we we don't wanna, we don't wanna, you know, we don't want to fucking spark anybody or or disrespect any females by saying, you know, like we're specifically talking about all females or you you know, it's just you know, it's just it just is what it is. Like I said, there's been plenty of situations where I know, growing up in the neighborhood, you get caught fucking with a female wrong, or you fucking with a female and you fuck up. Man, they instantly, Oh, nigg I'm gonna call my brother, give me or I'm in and brother coming over with about three or four homies from the neighborhood and niggas is it ain't no fucking discussions.
Speaker 1: Niggas are ready to peel your cat.
Speaker 4: Brothers got sense though, they gonna be like Lord nig put his hands on you.
Speaker 5: Man, some of that ship was hands and if it was hands putting on you know, niggas, niggas was coming through. So it was a lot of that growing up in the neighborhood, you know. So it's just unfortunate, like I said that, like that, that one little text will lead to you know what I'm saying, Like you said, when my fucker see, yeah, I just told my brother, you know, come over here smoke this Nigga's that Now I got whoop his ass or come no, not like that. And I don't even like you so hot to where you even said that the nigga ain't put his hands on you, or he ain't dead ship to you.
Speaker 1: You just so fierce.
Speaker 5: Yeah, come kill me because you done saw another bitch's ass in my phone. So you ready for a nigga to smoke? Just smoke me because I got a picture of another bitch's ass on my phone.
Speaker 1: Not knowing where you got it from, not knowing none, none.
Speaker 5: And that ain't and it don't matter fuck it if somebody he sent it to it anyway, if y'all not clicking, y'all not clicking, that's just it. Fucking the nigga fucked up. You're either gonna accept the apology or you're gonna move the fuck on. But you don't call a nigga and go come smoke this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: You get me. You said her mother fucking anger she was. She was dealing with her feelings and emotions, that god damn right. And then they off that liquor. And then when everything came down and somebody's dead and.
Speaker 5: Who know, I mean, who know how many hands and who knows she done lost it had the sip sip sient, you know she could have been.
Speaker 1: And that I wish I wouldn't have sent this take how many how many hands of udo? She lost?
Speaker 5: How what was they sipping off? She wouldn't have sent Yeah, you know what I mean. They sitting up playing udo taking shots. So you know what I'm saying. He plotted ready to get her tipsy your ship. So he go in there and beat up some ass and he don't fuck it up, and I got got caught slipping on the fault.
Speaker 1: Started all the ship. Why that bitch ain't in jail still? Why nigga and all the ship? Why nigga, they're playing udo taking shots? What he try to do? You having fun? Just fuck it up because I'm he said, you having fun?
Speaker 5: Nigga tried to get him some ass. He tried to get her tipsy. Tipsy she should be too, She should be. He tried get her tip one. Nigga tried to get her Jayo. You had told the bist to take a few shots and get her.
Speaker 1: Lost in that.
Speaker 6: You know, that's what it really was. That death got killed. That nigga lost in that old Nigga, you beat me one more time.
Speaker 5: They had fIF for some Jose Quervo too. They didn't even have a god, Holy yo, nigga. They had the Jose on that bitch nigga, just that brown too, just taking that nigga like oh there, oh no, take another way.
Speaker 1: I'm calling my brothers. They didn't even have a shot glass.
Speaker 5: He tried to put shots in the red paper cup knowing this is two full because it called her.
Speaker 3: He was trying to get some draws that last. That's why she was mad, man, That's why she was mad. Draws after game.
Speaker 1: Get there. Every every other head, he is a slapping that ship.
Speaker 5: Oh no, bitch, think another one got shit there, probably off the six one like this that.
Speaker 1: I think it's a whole up. Baby, Let me go take a piss, right, you got drinking. But she been knowing she was going that phone since when she first came.
Speaker 3: Waiting wait for the niggah, You wait for the opportoon.
Speaker 1: That's the brothers to shoot that nigga. Yeah she shoot. That's a crime. Like all jokes aside. Man actually got shoot that nigga in the phone.
Speaker 5: Yeah they they I was looking at she said, come shoot this nigga. Now that she's being cross examined by the defense, it's like, oh, I should have never did that.
Speaker 1: It was a mistake.
Speaker 3: It was trying to establish no, it's probably trying to establish Yeah, that well ship when they running out the house. I know if a nigga run up in here. Let's say a nigga come up here and shoot, but he don't hit nobody, and he running that way, I don't know if he's going out to the car to get some bigger ship.
Speaker 1: Like where he's came over here and some harm where he's getting fucked.
Speaker 5: That is where when they decided, when the judge decided from the gate, I'm not gonna let you slide on the stand your ground because the niggas was fleeing when you decided to shoot, so you can't say you was in fear of your life. When niggas is running away, he like, how do you know it's like some stupid ship. It's like some stupid ship, Like was it.
Speaker 1: That went through the ship? Or me? How the fuck you gonna tell me? What? What level?
Speaker 3: Say?
Speaker 5: You like, say you're in the military and they tell you like the rules of engagement you can't shoot until being shot upon. So okay, the niggas just jump me, they run into their car. So you want me to wait until the niggas pull out and start dumping for me to dump back.
Speaker 1: I just got my ass kicked by Poe.
Speaker 5: Niggas, you get me, I'm not finna give him a fucking chance to go to the car, show me the strap and then shoot first. And then I go, Okay, now I'm in fear for my life, let me start dumping.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 5: I was in fear for my life when the bitch said, come shoot this nigga. So I'm already fucking paranoid California. I'm I'm already paranoid because I know them niggas like you give me when you on some street ship. I know them niggas. Then niggas ain't coming over here for no conversation.
Speaker 3: He should get off.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 5: He's not gonna get off. They gonna get in for something. I don't give a If they break it down the murder to a few years, he's gonna do a few years. If they break it down the murder too or man slaughter or whatever. But all they're gonna go is you kill the nigga straight up. That's it.
Speaker 1: You know what.
Speaker 3: This needs to be a message for all the young homies out there, though, stay away from messy as women. A messy as woman will get your head knocked on.
Speaker 1: I'm being real.
Speaker 3: Dog, A messy ass woman will get you killed. She gonna try to use you to get other motherfucker's jealous. She gonna try to get you mad and plucks you against homie. She the type of bra that when your friends come around, like to homie, Willie, do you talk about the type of girl war shorts up her ass when friends come around.
Speaker 5: Some niggas like messy the females dog, So you can't even put that because they're because you'll hear female tell you in a minute, y'all, like the motherfucking bitches that be messy and shit loud loud, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah say it again. So like them holes you you you have to be careful like.
Speaker 5: I said, this is what I say is no, this is what I tell motherfucker's right now in a regular situation.
Speaker 1: Know who you fucking with this period.
Speaker 5: Just know who you fucking with, Know what type you know, and have a little something about the mother for know a little something. You know this this nigga gets hot or this girl get fiery, or I know like I can't do this or she gonna be ready to fight every bitch or I can't do this because this nigga gonna be ready to fight every nigga. You gotta know who you fucking with. You get me so in in in on on his end, he know who he fucking with and he know he got bitches asses in his phone. You slipped y'all, y'all fucking drinking and y'all having a good time. But again, you know who you fucking with, and then you a nigga, then you're bigger. Who know I got bitches asses on my phone?
Speaker 1: You wouldn't have no murder on his belt right now?
Speaker 3: So leave my phone. Ain'twhere I don't be giving the fuck.
Speaker 5: Right because you have that trust from your wife and then you don't well, ain't got as on your phone?
Speaker 1: Fuck, he's stupid enough. Did she know the colde she's been had?
Speaker 5: That cold man? Come on, man, want to tell you he been with her. He been with her long enough that she know birthdays, social security and special numbers and she know the nigga. So she know O, this nigga gonna use to too five five for his co Give me what the.
Speaker 1: Fuck is the code for it?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Apparently not for her.
Speaker 4: So that's the saying't worried about nobody else at that finger, you ain't worried about nobody else knowing to go with the bitch. So why the bitch know the cold? Because she opposed don't know the cold. She the motherfucker that don't supposed to know the cold.
Speaker 1: So that's what I don't.
Speaker 3: Got drunk and told her one day, you.
Speaker 5: Feel me even that man, Females can figure it. Man, y'all, man, don't put it. Don't put it past the female.
Speaker 1: Man was the last motherfucker that don't She don't suppose to know the code.
Speaker 5: I know we we on some nigga niggas, but let me tell you something, I don't put nigga nigga. A female smart as a motherfucker, female smartests enough fucker, and she'll drink you under the table. So while your motherfucker dumb ass over there, loaded as a motherfucker, she over there and had five shots and steal like reddy niggas, watch like what nigga? Yeah, And while your ass stumbled into the bathroom and then forgot you the left the phone. She's looking at you the whole time while you're going as soon as that door closed, bing bing, big big bing bing bing, bing binghy got e.
Speaker 3: You know what I want to ask you, man, I gotta talk to you about some music, and we got you off. We gotta talk to you about some motherfucking music. Doog, you would have fir rapping from San Diego to get a national presence, to have a national presence?
Speaker 1: Am I correct? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was a group called a Legion of Doom. The Legion of Doom. When I was like sixteen seventeen, I heard they.
Speaker 1: Shit and they was from San Diego. Yeah, they were from San Diego.
Speaker 4: They had a deal, I think, So I think they had something like a local situation, but not like death Jam, you know what I mean? So probably yeah, like the first major you know what I mean, first major situation.
Speaker 3: Now, how did you get hooked up with jam Master J.
Speaker 1: Jam messad Jay?
Speaker 4: He It was a situation where I was on the run from WYI and my brother came and got me. He was living in Virginia, so he came and flew me back to Virginia and I stayed out there until I turned twenty one. So in that between that time and me being like like nineteen to twenty one, I stayed back out there.
Speaker 1: So I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Uh, So once I turned twenty one, I wouldn't have to worry about going to jail no more.
Speaker 1: It was like an honorable discharge, you know.
Speaker 4: So I stayed out there for that two years, and then that two years one of the guys was going to Norfolk State.
Speaker 1: He was from Queens.
Speaker 4: So I made a like a two song demo and we took it to jamsaj Mom's house out in the Hollis, Queens and shit, he he he heard the ship and wanted to sign me the JMJ Records. And that's when Onyxon was on there at the time. So I ended up flying back home after I was off, you know, off of paperwork or whatever, and he was like, man, we want to sign you to the label. So I signed with jam Master J's label first, and then I ended up doing the soundtrack the Jason's lyric and the show shit like that.
Speaker 1: Because of the juice J had with Russell.
Speaker 4: So I was able to get on those different soundtracks before I even put out a single or something, you know what I mean. So and I was out in New York with him, like at a twenty five seven studios, and he was showing me how to make hooks to records and shit like that, even though I knew how already, but it just seizoned me, you know, a lot more being with guys like that that I looked up to, like run DMC shit like. Then I found out Jay actually worked on one of my favorite albums was Slick Rick's album, you know what I mean. Said Jay had production on that, you know what I mean. So for sure, Yeah, so he knew what he was doing. Man, So I kind of, you know, took a lot of lessons from him, and that's where it all started, you know what I mean. Then I went to Death Jam after this situation with Jay, I went directly to Death Jam.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Was that a like a stipulation in the contract that if something happened with Jam J, you would fall straight to death Jam.
Speaker 4: Nah, I think on some real shit. I just think my lyrics got to be over there, you know what I mean, because I didn't have a thing. I think actually leor leor like helped that situation, you know what I'm saying. He kind of got me away from jamming jam Master Jay's label and got me a deal with Death Jam, you know what I mean. And they kind of I don't know what happened, what business went bad with them or whatever, but they like got evicted out the building. You know what I'm saying that that label, what happened with them in death Jam, you know what I mean? But I signed directly to them, and I had like a ten album fucking deal. Like I'll still be making albums right now, you know what I mean. If I didn't ask to get out of my contract. But I did a ten album deal with them back then.
Speaker 1: But what you want to leave?
Speaker 4: It was like, really, I think if I would have had somebody fight my battles because I was signed to the New York label, you know what I mean. So I was thinking if I had somebody to handle the business, I wouldn't I probably wouldn't have left.
Speaker 1: But that was the only thing.
Speaker 4: It was like I had to be the artist and the nigga fighting to get more from the label and shit like that.
Speaker 3: So it was like.
Speaker 4: Clash heads like that, you know what I mean exactly, Like I didn't have a point person like an earth Gotti or a wire from Rough Riders or somebody like.
Speaker 1: That, right to handle somebody to go in and talk to ship for you, Yeah, so I could eat it.
Speaker 4: Just an artist, I gotta be the motherfucker like like Dame Dash and they're cussing their ass out and trying to be the fucking jay Z at the same time, you know.
Speaker 3: And it's rough when you want to label. It's on the other side of the country too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, And you know that it's a New York Lates based late it's a New York based label, so really they really not really giving a fuck, really, you know what I'm saying about niggas from the coast.
Speaker 1: So the typical shit you wasn't getting the promotion, you wasn't.
Speaker 4: Getting there, You're going there niggas, And like I would go in there to New York and I would look at the walking and promotion plan for say like somebody like Joah Rule, and I would look at all the ship.
Speaker 1: They had them doing.
Speaker 4: I was like, goddamn, you know what I'm saying, Like like it's it was like this nigga, like you feel me, Like come on, okay.
Speaker 1: So basically.
Speaker 4: I just started doing shit on my own, you know what I mean, Like trying to get my name bigger. So I got on shit like E forty record with me and him and ce Bow because I can record. Then I got on the record with me and Snoop that got Beef record, you know what I mean. So I started getting making my own buzz, just just off of my lyrics, you know what I'm saying. I got on Scarface album fucking ice Cube, you know what I mean. It started making my own way, and it kind of took my name, you know what I mean, my stake up more because a lot of artists was requesting me to be on their projects, you know what I mean. So that kind of kept my name, you know what I mean, out there until I can get on do my own. Then I came out with the crip hoop shit when I went independent, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean. So that's what it was. You did well with that album, Nigga, No doubt it was independent. I think it would have did more.
Speaker 4: But I remember back then, Volet Brown was working for where House telling me take the fucking disc record off because I had a record diss and Snoop on there.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think I should have took that more off. She was like, take that motherfucking record off and I'm gonna order more. Uh, order more copies of the album, you know what I mean. And at the time I was hot there. I was like, fuck that, you know what I'm saying. I just kept the record on there so crip hop. He's still sold a lot of records to be independent, you know.
Speaker 5: So you know that.
Speaker 1: I mean shit, that was my ship, you know what I'm saying. So you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: But me and Snoop we ended up squashing that ship at the fucking uh the Comic Con out San Diego. I went and met him down there at Comic Con.
Speaker 1: Then I came to the.
Speaker 4: Studio with y'all the next day with your damn and all. Y'all was in the studio that next day.
Speaker 1: What was it about? I mean, what was you gonna Snoop at it about?
Speaker 4: It really was just basically like God, no, it was yeah about the crip hop, me making up crip hop with E forty, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying. And then I heard them saying this shit, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean?
Speaker 4: And all I was saying is when the nigga like, if I say something that you made up and be like, nigga, I make this like MC eight, you feel me? I would have gave like how dev C did on the first West Side Connection. Now, bitch, be like jayo, felony bitch and take a ride with me.
Speaker 1: You know what i mean. It's just humage is all I'm saying, you know what I mean. And even he forty was like, hey, nephew, ain't at your shit, you know what I mean, Like like it was just it was crazy.
Speaker 3: And then.
Speaker 1: What was funny about it. What was funny about it is like Trady was up there right.
Speaker 4: We was all at the Baby Boy movie set because they was in the forties in La, you know what I mean. And the forties called me like cut snooping him over here, you know what I mean. So I went over there to holler at him. But it was kind of like, you know what I mean, Like I was like, come holler at me, like like you're biting my shit, you know what I'm saying. Right, And and you know I was born on the East Coast, you know what I mean. So I got into wrap from from Beach Street and breaking and fucking crush groove and shit.
Speaker 1: So you know how EMC's like, no, you're a biter, you know what I'm saying. So exactly I was like that was the type of shit I was on.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, Like Nigga, cus bit my shit, you know what I'm saying. So that's what it was, man, But I don't know. I just wish we would you know, I mean we could have you know what I'm saying. Niggas just would have say, Nigga, we may crip hop like my nigga j o' felony.
Speaker 1: I never would have said nothing. Yeah, yeah, pay homage.
Speaker 3: Especially as you trying to develop your career and get your career going, you really can't give no freebies away.
Speaker 1: On forty crip Like nigga, I'm a wie baby. I didn't know nothing about no.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. I ain't first, I ain't no ask kiss her cub. I'm just nigga and I thought we was boys.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like Nigga, I'm just trying to you know what I'm saying, make music, create like like you know what I'm.
Speaker 5: Saying, So I guess it in the same way. It be in the same aspect. Like you hear a gang a motherfucker saying jail. Don't nobody say, oh I got that from eight on the real you know that the Ganga motherfuckers have a sly that over time, like how do you feel when you hear niggas like jay Z or Young j Z, you know or whoever?
Speaker 1: And I just be like, you know something, man, I know where the shit started from. Real shit. Can't no nigga go back to nineteen eighty seven and be like I was saying, Jill, Nigga, I started jail in nineteen eighty seven, fucking twelve itch in a song called This Is Counting that I did in nineteen eighty seven, so.
Speaker 5: Nobody can take that away from me. And so I just look at it like yeah, whatever. But in the same sense, like Jayo said, nigga, just say yeah when you when you JA and all over records going like and everybody should know that that came from the homie eight you know or whatever, cause.
Speaker 4: You gotta imagine, like like like he's saying, like, imagine it's me and you hear you listening to uh kJ, you hear nigga where crip hop crip hop, you get to hear the Baby Boy movie soundtrack, crip pop crip hoop, fucking Eve album. You know what I'm saying pop crip. I'm like, whoa, you know what I'm saying, nigga never say my name or nothing.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you get you.
Speaker 4: Then niggas act like like I don't know. Niggas act like they didn't get this ship from me, Like where the fuck you get it from? Cause they was up on E forty basketball court? Is where you ever first heard that when I said fuck hip hop niggas crip hoop? I was on E forty basketball court when I wrote that ship.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Yeah, you know what I mean. It is what it is. I mean, I mean some niggas, That's that's what it was about. You know what I'm saying. So some niggas want to take take shit and and own it for themselves. You know what I'm saying. And I don't know what it is about. Just you know niggas period.
Speaker 4: Like it's funny eight about that shit. Like like Trady, he was like, oh my mama made up crip. I remember we was at the trailer over Hi.
Speaker 1: I'm like, cause you're gonna blow your mama up cuz I'm like, what the fuck. You know what I'm saying? Like like it was.
Speaker 4: It was so crazy, and and me and Trady niece was together. She was living with me at the time. Right, So I'm like, cuse I need cutting fade. You know what I'm saying, Like we gotta go, We gotta get down.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Right, And what had me pissed off about that is like me and Trady used to shoot fucking rockets at each other every fourth of July.
Speaker 1: Nigga, we in cank on or you know what I'm saying. So that was my boy. So I was like, man, why the fuck you taking up?
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: We was going through it, like why are you taking up for niggas trying to lie? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: So I tell his niece like like, you gotta take me to cuse I need my issue cause I need my fade, you know what I mean, Like, you gotta take me to Cuz house.
Speaker 1: So she called him, Hey, we on our way over there. You know what I mean, Jayo need his fade, he need this issue. You know what I'm saying. That nigga said my name Trady Mohammed nigga. Well we gotta do the result. He like nigga try to fight you over that bullshit. You know what I'm saying. I'm like, I'm like, hell, y'all niggas crazy, Well.
Speaker 4: I want stand michaelphone. All I wanted was niggas to pay hummage to what.
Speaker 3: We was boys.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. It wasn't like Nigga, like we was on tour together, My nigga, like me.
Speaker 4: And the East Siders, Nigga, we you know, I mean me Gody Low for Steves. Yeah, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: We was on tour. We all east Side, you know what I mean. So it was like nigga.
Speaker 4: When we was on the Upper Smoke tour, it was it was me Goldie Local trade together on the tour bus.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: We had to hold each other down while while Snoop couldn't even perform them records with the East Siders because he was on Doctor Dre set, you know what i mean. So he had to do them big records with Dre on for the Upper Smoke shit. So we had to hold it down.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 4: We was coming out sometimes, Nigga, when we was coming out to them shows, it didn't even be no crowd in the motherfuckers sometimes, you know what I'm saying. And we had to fucking so one time, me and Trady we threatened to fuck t Paine up.
Speaker 1: I mean not t paying. What's the nigga name? Uh that was on cash Money, Uh t Q t Q. Yeah, so we we was.
Speaker 4: We told Dre, hey, nigga, we finna beat up t Q tonight because he was taking our time slot where he was coming in. I think he paid to go on tour, you know what I'm saying. So when he was doing his time, the fucking audience was packed. But he was an R and B singer, you know what I'm saying. And we like, nigga, we got got beef, we got hit records, fuck that cud.
Speaker 1: We We told Dre We're finna fuck t.
Speaker 3: Q up tonight, mam beat like you know what I'm saying, Like that, you need to switch off his mother.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. We weren't gonna t Q, but we was like, fuck that cut spot.
Speaker 4: We nigga doctor dre put Us on his show, right, Nigga, we did got beef in New York. I think it was in New York. We came out on his set, so Dre start telling us, Hey, you're gonna come out the liquor store. At this point, he started organizing ship, you know what I'm saying. So he made it to a way to where we was gonna come out on his set. That shit, it would would have been dope as fuck, but it got took off the show, you know what I'm saying. But we did that like too in New York, and then another took off the show. I don't know, you know what I'm saying. Niggas probably like I don't know, niggas that.
Speaker 3: That mysterious ship that were talking about earlier, like a little mysterious shit, because I wonder sometimes like it's certain ship, Like I see a big ass concert happened in Inglewood, right, and mac tain ain't nowhere on the motherfucker. I be wondering, Like I wonder what that nigga' on that show that.
Speaker 1: He from Inglewood.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would be like a motherfucker having some big assh it in San Diego and you not on the motherfucker. It's just certain shit that makes sense. They're not be wondering why they don't fuck with eight like they should and I just be wondering if it beat niggas behind the scenes just doing little hate and ass.
Speaker 5: Ship your best belief that ship. It ain't even no secret, that's best believe it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's come on, real talk, like you know, the niggas just the authentic my nigga and my nigga.
Speaker 5: J O can't get a mother fuck I can't get five minutes of the show by.
Speaker 7: Digging, bro, I'll be seeing way less caliber, you know, come on, man, like real talk caliber catalogs, way less caliber performances, you know what I mean, Like they don't even have a stage presence.
Speaker 1: Because it ain't like you ain't got the records, my nigga.
Speaker 4: Not even just the records, nigga, I'll rock shit. I'm a I'm a performer, my nigga rock ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So I mean niggas have the records.
Speaker 5: It's just like I mean, it's in a nutshells man, straight up, on every show every year. It's just it's just fucking haters, man, But it's every show.
Speaker 4: When it comes to that type of ship. The only way out of that to solve that ship is make a way for your self. You know what I mean, we're doing right now, making a way for ourselves because, uh, waiting on anything else is uncivilized, you know what I mean, because it never happened if you're waiting for the next motherfucker, especially niggas that don't want to see you there, you know what I mean. A lot of these niggas never really cut cut from that cloth that they rapping about, you know what I mean. So when you ain't got niggas around like me, it do make you look like you the motherfucker. You know what I'm saying, Like, goddamn, I'm just trying to push music. Got to live the rough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get, I get, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Your presence of just being a real straight up nigga overshadows niggas with people.
Speaker 1: It's just like.
Speaker 4: When I get on stage, I don't gotta dance. I don't got to do no funny ship. All I gotta do is do my little walk around and rock this motherfucker, you know what I'm saying, And that energy alone. Some motherfuckers don't understand, like I say, some simple ship like this, like these powers that be and these these motherfuckers that be pulling strings, they don't even want us to be comfortable just going around in a nice car and got that bass and that and that good feeling of music and you got your little joint. They don't even want you to be at peace, my nigga. Just if you at peace with yourself, motherfuckers want to somehow disturb that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And that's and that's how that's how I feel like it is. Like so even with me right now, I had to chill.
Speaker 4: I had to focus and say, fuck it, let me get back in the gym, let me do my shit, because a lot of these niggas trying to copy me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: A lot of niggas stole my style and shit like that, and some of the top gangster rappers. And I know, nigga, that's me because when you a writer and you do your shit, when somebody steal your shit, it automatically triggered you. You know what I'm saying, When somebody say some shit that you put your heart into, Nigga, I probably was up three, four, five o'clock in the morning writing this shit. So when I hear somebody else say it the style of it, or say some words that I made up. It automatically triggered me, like that's my shit, you know what I'm saying. So I just take the good good with the bad, you know what I'm saying. Nigga, I have had my ups and downs. I'd have been to the pen twice, you know what I'm saying. I fucking the last time I went was over some pistol shit that basically, you know, they put a nigga like me in a fucked up situation because the world is crazy.
Speaker 1: I'm not trying to hurt nobody.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna shoot up no goddamn school or no grocery store or none of that. I'm not the one you need to be worried about, right, But niggas is out here getting popped by the police every day and motherfucker's just mass shooting. This motherfucker might come shoot up to church. What I'm trying to go pray, you know what I mean. So I'm just trying to protect my motherfuckingself. But now you put me in a situation where I'm a felling with a firearm, you know what I mean. So now it's like I gotta think twice. If you pull me over and I got a pistol to where do I want this nigga to take me to jail for the next ten years of my life because I'm a felling with a firearm or fuck it cause I'm a whole court in the street. Because that now, that's the they don't understand by making laws like that, you put motherfuckers in that in a pretzel to where they got to make a decision like do I really want to do ten years or am I gonna blow this nigga brains out and just fuck it hole Courton Street because I can lose my life in this ten years behind bars. You feel me, I might not make it back home. I might not make it to even go to the pen I might die in the county jail waiting to go to the penitentiary, you know what I'm saying, So what the fuck? I might as well take the gamble right here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you feel me? I definitely, man feel like it's a conspiracy against real niggas and this shit dog well shit, even with the podcast shit Dog like, I see certain little shit like we was the first ones doing the shit that we do. Whole formatt, I see a whole bunch of other people. These white boys stay stealing our shit. And I don't got no issue with them. They ain't never done nothing to me, but they do steal shit. Now, they don't even talking to any nigga. That and then they find the most ignorant niggas they can interview, right right. It don't be in certain celebrities. You know, eight don't got a certain niggas. And it's always we will see over this, but you will look up and see niggas over there fucking with New York niggas and this and that, and it's like we stayed paying home much to niggas. And then I know it was a time where I was worried about ruffling feathers with certain niggas. Now I'm like, I don't give a fuck them. Niggas not doing a damn thing for me, No way. It's not like they come over here to support niggas. So if it's fucked me, fuck them.
Speaker 4: Too, real shit. And y'all shure gonna just keep keep elevating and elevating. If you do it the way y'all do it, make your own mark, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So I rather be honest with you I'd rather sit down with real niggas, like niggas is my partners and shit, come sit down them, sit down, you know. Shot at the Homie Catero. I brother had klo on this motherfucker.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 1: I got a real muff out here.
Speaker 3: Then the muff of this like behind my back, trying to sut some shit down, you know, trying to set some ship down.
Speaker 1: Man, do that every every day all day. Man, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: You know we was talking about that, man, that this industry, it's very very strange. Dog Like I was telling I was telling eight a few weeks ago about a party I went to you and home. You have to kind of crawl off the little cellar windows and ship they're doing some weird shit. You don't have the wild. It's like at the wild and little plate trays start getting passed right, the niggas doing ship this nigga over here, with this nigga over here, and like what the fuck is going on the loose.
Speaker 5: They want you, they want you to put on some of them vanilla masks or some of them mask walk around decade the nigga nigga vanilla.
Speaker 3: I ain't fucking with it. I ain't fucking with im out, man.
Speaker 5: They want nigga put on one of the more fucking masquerade ball bag. Oh yeah, we'll walk around in the red, walk around in the red. Your whole side of your face, asshole decade igs watch shut looking at watch shut, looking at the nigga every Yeah, And I think some of the premise of selling your soul. I think some people when they think of people selling their soul, they think of just like some sataniccause, demonic ship. No, it's the most little basic ship. If you if you go let another man do anything that you touch on you, you're selling your soul anything you can do this your principles.
Speaker 1: You know, I gotta be I gotta be a man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, niggas of all kind of weird ship. It's niggas that want to see. It's niggas that want you to knock that girl down or for you to watch they watch the ship like.
Speaker 1: Stay from one of the mother.
Speaker 5: I see why you want to leave?
Speaker 1: Why leave?
Speaker 5: I see why you took the podcast from the house in the Hollywood Hills.
Speaker 1: They was doing well. There wasn't no no weird ship.
Speaker 3: My nigga came. Nigg Cato was over there with me, but them niggas got weird a little bit too. That yeah, it would get crazy after dark. But I'm gonna tell this story again, so forgive me for Ironicals fans, because Jay, I don't know if he heard this story. I was somewhere dog with one of the homies, and this is a homie that's kind of from the hood, right, So I'm just taking them while you're hanging out. And then he tell me, hey, man, you see such and suctions over there Christinas. I said, no, you ain't even shit like that happened my nigga. So we just starting to just chill. You know, there's more people coming in. The music start happening. The next thing you know, I'm seeing niggas take their shirts off and ship when they get naked and they around there. They they doing some ship dog. They got some motherfucking like some pink cocaine and some shit dog Like, I've never seen no ship like that before. They asked. I'm like, no, I'm cool. I'm cool.
Speaker 1: I got my own weeds. I don't even.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Once the ship got so off the hook, and then you know, the housees be so strange, you don't know how to get out the mother fucking So I'm walking into people's bedrooms and ship I'm trying to get out, and I'm high and I'm trying to get out, so smoke. Me and the homie go down these stairs and it's like a little motherfucking thing, and then we see some ship in this dark. It's like a pentagram on the floor of my nigga and it's some motherfucking like, what's that ship In the movie on one of my favorite motherfucking movies, the nigga that had the mask on was tied up.
Speaker 1: Like you look out of you. They wanted him to put on the masks and red robe. Asshole.
Speaker 3: Next you know, Hollywood Hills got them little windows on the side. They go all off into the back thing. So me and the hommy crawled through this little bitty ass window darg and we getting off. I thought I'm about to fall down the motherfucking heel and ship Dog were on the side of the house in the back and were holding on the ship because it was a steep bass slope like a nigga would have failed. Nigga probably died falling off that motherfucker. But man, we got on. The homie was My homie was a little chunky. He couldn't get so I had to grab his ass through this crash, the whole side of his up and.
Speaker 1: Ship man trying to escape. You had to get away from that motherfucker. It's some weird ass ship.
Speaker 3: Going on out that Ye stay up out of Hollywood, man, Hollywood got share your parents. Stay yeah, because I'm gonna tell you though. It's a lot, and this niggas is willing to do anything to be in his industry.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy, man, The way that ship works, it's like people, the average like person, the average person.
Speaker 1: Don't believe none of that ship. You know what I'm saying. I didn't believe. I saw myself, the average person, their favorite celebrity.
Speaker 4: What you go back, They're not gonna They're not going to They're not gonna ever fathom what what about none of that ship?
Speaker 1: Oh niggas believe these niggas are superheroes.
Speaker 4: So it'll never registered with them as long as that's as long as that's the fact. They don't give a fuck who knows what because they have enough people that's so stupid that they'll never know how it works. They don't give a fuck about who knows or who you never. They got this shit so locked down, they don't give a fuck like how they hell, they'll have your ass thinking you a crackhead before you make it back.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, dog, some of these niggas that you see out here, like what's the one little harmy to act that that don't lost his mind, he'd be.
Speaker 1: On there talking crazy Orlando Brown.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you, dog, it's niggas out here that don't seen some ship and they want to paint these niggas being crazy. These niggas ain't crazy. They telling the motherfucking truth. Dog, These niggas is weirdos.
Speaker 4: That motherfucker crazy because I seen them talking about the old pie, rude blood and a nigga.
Speaker 1: If you don't knock it off, some niggas don't throw I'm gonna tell you, dog, it used to be a thing dog I heard up in the bay. It makes a lot of sense, though sometimes it's like all of them do.
Speaker 3: Some niggas don't got slipped the mickey though, my niggas. Some niggas don't got a bad bas this. Why don't smoke weed after niggas, Dog, I don't do none of this shit. I don't want.
Speaker 1: I want whatever.
Speaker 3: I'm whatever our take, it's gonna be on my own the cord. You ain't gonna sneak no shit up on me.
Speaker 4: They be putting fence and all in every motherfucking thing anyway, you know, going on.
Speaker 3: You don't know what the fuck is? Go go on at the Batch, hey, man, you know one thing, and I'm trying to stay away from the controversial shit. But niggas go be like, why you ain't asking this? Yeah, bad Batch.
Speaker 1: You was the first nigga I've seen really and you can't make Jay early dog?
Speaker 3: Is he your blood? Does he crip our suck that in his big ass lips? I see, Damn Jay I was really trying to massac motherfuckers on his microphone.
Speaker 1: Man, and man, oh that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Trued Up was crazy because it came out on Motown, the label Motown, you know what I mean. So it got really a lot of buzz and it was getting a lot of radio play.
Speaker 1: And then not to take nothing away from jay Z we cool now or whatever, but the song was it was like back.
Speaker 4: Then, I was going against the machine of death jam and bet uh like I just thought it was some battleship. I just wanted to rap. I ain't want no harm to come to the nigga nothing, you know what I'm saying. But it was like the Machine of Death. Jam was calling them labels like if you play that record again, they we ain't doing the summer Jam type of shit, you know what I'm saying, or or we're gonna pull our artists type of ship like. It was like the machine you know what I'm saying. The true up was getting getting ground. It was playing in Miami and Ship like that. They were starting to get ground, and they pulled that motherfucker and they stopped the video from playing, like they banned the video from BT. The videos was like a fucking film like I was.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 4: I had homies from sixties with the Low Riders and and we was in the valley and and it was a part when the when the video start and you see me eying my.
Speaker 1: Khakis and ship.
Speaker 4: This look like a movie like And I remember the van, the bus from San Diego radio station Z ninety coming out here. It was like a light light blue van, I mean a light blue tour like a like a city bus. Looked like you know what I mean. So they had this big ass bus come out here and we were standing on the bus.
Speaker 1: That shit was.
Speaker 4: But they banned that video from from you know what I mean, from BT and I used to just look at sh like now how they let all kinds of gang bang shit on TV.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you al was a free curse up. You gotta remember you and eight was like in the golden age of hip hop. Dog Everything was quality back then. It wasn't like now to where some of the ship that might have a banging beat, but the nigga ain't saying nothing on it. It was everything was quality back then. If you called yourself a rapper back in the nineties, you had to really know how to rap well. You wouldn't go give in a microphone.
Speaker 4: Everybody had their own style, like eight didn't sound like this person or this person that's sounds.
Speaker 1: Like like you know when you here eight, that's eight shit. You know you hear king t that's Kate.
Speaker 3: Then it wasn't no biting the dog. You couldn't couldn't go sound like Jo Fell and the ship. Actually you couldn't go grab eighth. Everybody sound like like the.
Speaker 1: Things very high on biting you feel.
Speaker 4: Me no doubt Auto to him things like, even though some of that ship sound dope, I ain't gonna front you know, some of us cool, but it's like, what's be cool about it?
Speaker 1: It would be mostly the melody that you create. Be what's cool about it?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, And then you harmonize that ship and repeat it now it said fucking hit you was.
Speaker 1: The first song.
Speaker 3: You was the first rapper on a major label I've ever seen battle niggas at his n store.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you had.
Speaker 3: You in confident that shout out to the big a big ship Underworld Records, because I have my record store up the street and pair of my big a me help me open my ship up. Yeah, and this nigga sayo he was gonna perform one of his songs, and he said fuck. He was in the middle of the first verse, said fuck this ship. I was tearing some niggas answers up. My little niggas start lining up. He was like, niggas up and then't guess who came on stage, Orlando Anderson's nephew, Yeah, and got his ass lit up, got a viscerrat all. I remembers Jo telling that nigga I would bust a nut on your curly top. I was like, damn, you just told a nigga, I bust a nut on your curly top. And he was just up there, just fucking niggas up like about five or six niggas. I said, this nigga really can rap. But that made me a fan of his music. Keep him more. He wasn't. That's crazy. I remember that ship went up to music merchandise. Remember they had the one stop of the Murder Park. I went up there and bought like two hundred copies of your CD Dog and put him in the store and had a little display up there because I said, this nigga really out there battling niggas. Now was important to me. If Nigga MC can he really rhyme exactly? Man.
Speaker 4: I wish I would have stayed doing that, like selling the music directly to the consumer.
Speaker 1: That's when that's when the bag was fat. Yeah, yeah, if we would Yeah, if Nigga kept making them CDs and selling them directly to the motherfucker's boy, I don't know. It was just something about being on a label. It was something. It was our era.
Speaker 5: It was like you made it, nigga, you signed the who or you won't, oh you on sony, or you own so and so so that that that made.
Speaker 4: Us feel like the movies attached to having a deal like them soundtracks and exactly like that.
Speaker 1: It seemed like all that should be attached to the magor label your It was.
Speaker 3: At a time when that soundtrack money was. It was a motherfuckerracund track.
Speaker 1: Money, and it was some like quality movies coming out, like fucking forty out forty ounce.
Speaker 5: Commercial money was good, you know what I mean That Saint I's money was good. Fucking like you said, soundtrack money was good. Niggas was getting like thirty forty thousand for you know, for a backing hard days of the of the late eighties early nineties. You getting forty thousand for one song on a soundtrack. I did like four of their motherfuckers, Hell yeah, and that's crazy.
Speaker 3: I remember eight saying, Man, I knew something was wrong when I was getting more money for turning in a song and I got for my whole motherfucking album.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, motherfucker that soundtrack breaking the yeah.
Speaker 5: Them soundtracks breaking me off, thirty thousand. Nigga, I wasn't seeing thirty thousand for a whole record. I was like, Nigga see him like seven years.
Speaker 3: Oh you think Unknown Unknown probably was mad as a motherfucker when he was dealing directly with the motherfuckers, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: I mean, he probably had to look at it like. I don't think he was probably mad. He probably looked at it like it's time. You know, I've I've you know, I've dealt my diligence. I've had my hand in the cookie jar for long enough. It's probably it's gonna just be a matter of time before a nigga wake up and be like, fuck this shit. You know, coming into this business, I always tell niggas, man, I always tell niggas, you're gonna get fucked. Somebody gonna have their hand in the cookie jar again, and you give me. I had to come through somebody, so of course they was gonna be like, you get me, Nigga getting, nigga, niggas getting And I had no idea niggas was pulling in a quarter of a million, three hundred thousand for fucking records to do CMW records.
Speaker 1: Nigga, I didn't know shit. And Nigga hand me a check for five grand. Nigga.
Speaker 5: I'm like, Nigga, let's get it cracking, not knowing that somebody just got a check for two hundred and fifty thousand dollars to do this record, and that's probably you know, that's that's that's shit today, you know, to some artists. But Nigga backing motherfucking eighty nine ninety ninety one, Nigga and the niggas like Nigga, niggas was getting quarter of a million.
Speaker 1: Hurt y'all heard, niggas ain't getting them bags no more the labels, man. I mean, I couldn't you know because right now, you know, niggas is creating make.
Speaker 3: No money off there streaming shit. Though they talk about niggas making money, man, but that shit you get something. Niggas is making money like you know that. To me, the artists of today, a lot of them are making money like we used to do touring. If you can get on the motherfucking tour and you get.
Speaker 1: Sixty deals, they want a piece of everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, the deal is a deal wasn't shipped to me because like I said, they gonna hand me what they're gonna have me one hundred grand to do my record. Okay, Sony used to have me one hundred and eighty grand to do my record. Okay, really that ain't shit. Not back in our days when you got to pay to go up in a place like Echo Sounds and fucking Cheroke and producing something like that. And then yeah, and then if you going to somebody that you know ain't inside the crew. Niggas was wanting twenty thousand for beats. So my brother Bob, I think he was getting twenty thirty.
Speaker 1: Beat Niggas was getting. Niggas was getting.
Speaker 5: You could easily back in those days, you could easily acts a label for ten fifteen, twenty thousand for a meet and they give it to you like it wasn't shit, especially if you had a little name mister shit, Yes, you had a name as a producer, like when they brought in, when they brought in I think Mugs did like four songs on my record.
Speaker 1: They probably paid Mugs probably one hundred grand to do them. Four songs, you give me. I think Daz produced the song on my record. You know when the Dog Pound and Snoop was them was at the height. They probably paid Dazz about thirty grand to do that song.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 5: They didn't give a fuck. You know why because you never saw a royalty check. I never saw a royalty check, you know. When I was signed to Epic, never I could go in and I could get a budget of about one hundred and fifty or two hundred grand. And that's how I work my bread. I go, okay, I ain't finna go hire no producers. Me and Slip fin to do this whole motherfucker. That's all. If I go, fuck it, If I go, I'm finished. Set aside fifty thousand for production. Nigga, I throw slip twenty five and I take twenty five, and we produced the whole record. And then when it came to recording, Nigga, I tried to fly. When they came like Nigga, I'm gonna go book the studio up for like four a's.
Speaker 3: Most niggas just bought their own equipment. I remember Nigga, thirty niggas start, we started doing equipment.
Speaker 5: Started like in the beginning, I recorded everything that slips house right in his den, you know. And then when you get to the epics and the death jams, you had that sense of oh no, Nigga I'm going to studio studio. So I started booking Echo Sounds, I started booking Cherokee, I started booking Record One.
Speaker 1: In places like that.
Speaker 5: Music, I'd be like, I'd kickback, like, hey, I wasn't kicking back like Nigga. I'd be in there, Nigga, you talking about nigga thousands and thousands and thousands to where I'd be like, Nigga, this shit eating up a nigga budget, and especially when you know you're not getting a royalty check and you gotta you gotta maintain off that up front money. So that's what we did. Nigga, we record at home. We gonna mix at the studio, but we record at home and me and Slip do all the beats. So that's how I was able to maintain because I didn't see a royalty check, Nigga royalty check. They'd be like, Nigga, we gave you two hundred and fifty grand, and then we paid for three videos at seventy five thousand apiece, and then you went on promo tour and we paid rooms, and we paid for phone calls and meals and trips.
Speaker 3: And I found out about the recruitming shit. The he oh wait. Man. When I first went to London, I took my homie with me. Man, I took DJ Kochie with me. We flew back. We had like we was on a MTV bas tour because you know, the MTV out there caught some different shit was called MTV base. That was all the urban shit. We was out there for fifteen dates, I think, dog and so the first five dates we had two weeks off me and this nigga flew back home like two or three times. Like I thought I was free, you know, like I'm gonna go back home. Watch my son a man running the tab up. I got my statement because the first check, because you know, I had to deal with a distributor, so it was a little different.
Speaker 1: The first nine days.
Speaker 3: I got my shit here and I was like a nigga on soda, decent mom, I'm expecting next check to be fifty or sixty. That shit was fourteen thousand dollars. Dog a nigga, my Flight's dog, Day Sharks, the nigga twenty five hundred, the flight dog, every little thing for this and that, and I thought the shit was free. We ordered all kinds of shit. We catching cars. It wasn't an uber round back then. We hopped in taxis, riding all over the most of the place. They said, no, you paying that back, homie. Oh no, we recooping that were all that shit. But then I start telling niggas, man, no, we can't go back home, y'op, but you come back on this road. Ask beat it til we get back. All that flying home because the girlfriends and shit like that. Niggas woman get to call on them crying on the phone and shit, niggas be like, I'm glad to go back home. It's an emergency, Like, nigga, that's not no motherfucking emergency.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, fuck that.
Speaker 4: I was doing that shit, taking niggas in New York all the time when I first signed my deal with J and M. Flying niggas from the San Diego hotel, rooms, homies out there, food and all that shit.
Speaker 1: Crazy to recoop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well yeah, I always learned to keep my shit down. I would only take niggas like that, essential niggas. I would only take niggas like if we was rolling deep when it was like a real concert tour or something with anything that had to do with the label. I wouldn't take nobody. But once Chill went, you know, I had to do his time. I just take me and Mike t be me mighty and slip that's it because fuck that shit. Hey that ship you already know they recooping the ship off your budget. So yeah, I learned that fast.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, you know. On What's crazy is man? This seemed like jam Master J kind of did right by you though. Yeah.
Speaker 4: One thing about Jay, like if it was something in the contract or something like that that I didn't like, he would change that shit. And I had like built a relationship with him, you know what I'm saying. And even after I had left his label, we still was cool, you know what I mean, because he ended up introduced me to Scarface and shit got me on Scarface album with Corrupting Dads, the record we did, and when I did the sharm Stick video, Snoop came to that motherfucker on the strength of jam Master Jay, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: He came to that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: That's when I the first time I had met Snoop and I went ended up going to a party with him and uh left Eye.
Speaker 3: And all them.
Speaker 4: I remember they was together, like uh depth Row's Ship party, you know what I mean. But jam I said Jay was the glue man, you know what I mean. And I remember, uh, he had a concert at the House of Blues and he was getting his turntables and Ship and needles and ship right and Wesley Snipes all kind of motherfuckers came to that show, you know what I mean. But it just was even when I had left the label, we still had you know what I mean. We had a cool, loute little bond, you know what I mean. I mean, I used to be with that nigga. They used to shoot pistols out the motherfucking studio and Ship. Jay was with the Ship, you know what I mean. He was cool, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah man. When when he passed the way, man, how did that didn't pack? You?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 4: Fucked me up, you know what I mean, because he wasn't that type of person like you know what I'm saying that, you know what I mean. He wasn't trying to bring nobody no physical harm.
Speaker 1: The motherfucker cat man, Yeah man.
Speaker 4: And then it like happened right before Halloween and Ship and it just seemed like, uh, like some setup shit or something, you know what I mean, Like motherfucker that killed him was a nigga that he let sleep on his couch, you know what I'm saying. So it was like some motherfucker that you grow up with type of ship. Which that's why with me, Bro, I'll be on on my ship. Like you know what I'm saying, don't ever extra or trust some motherfucker too much, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: With your with your well being, you know what I mean. That be a nigga right up under you most of the time.
Speaker 5: Didn't be the motherfuckers that hate you the most, straight up your nigga right there shaking your hand talking about all my nigga, and that be the nigga that hate you the most.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Even with that situation, like like I was hearing like the dude was going to it's like memorial shit, you know what I mean, every year like.
Speaker 5: Just some old just some more week tell me like some crazy ship like you ain't had nothing to do with this ship.
Speaker 3: They were trying to blame I forget the homies name, and they was trying to blame one of his good friends for the longest and they came out to see it that it wasn't him. Mom, but it was a good friend. I forget the brother's name. He actually brother owned a business and he employs a whole bunch of people. Now, good brother, I'm gonna tell you his name right now. Let me tell you his name right now, because we I want to have him on the show Dog And I thought that was fucked up how they put him out there and then then retract the ship. I was like, that's fucked up. You know what I mean, that's fucked up. I'm gonna tell you right now. His name is uh, let me tell you right now. Let me tell you the brother's name right now. His name is Schoon. I think it's Curtis Scoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They tried to blame him for it at first, right, and then they came out or wasn't him, But he's like, the damage has already done, motherfuckers. I he's knowing by Schoon? Who brother though, good brother, good brother man. And it was a lot of stuff in that case. They tried to say that the homie was doing this. It's like, man, you almost they almost didn't look at homie wrist in peace, like they was trying to say he was doing this and all that, you know, I mean the man don't lost his life. Yeah, y'all need to be put Yeah, y'all think y'all need to be putting that effort in the finder who did this to this man versus trying to find out what y'all thought was wrong with his life? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Man, with you being in the industry, dog, you wanted the few people man to get a song with DMX man. Yeah, how that collaboration come about? Man, because that had that ship blew up like a motherfucker dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Nigga Methic Man plugged that up for me.
Speaker 4: I mean he hooked that feature up, you know what I mean, Like he actually did the ship for free, and he had X get on there because it was me and him in Old Dirty Bastard on the ship at first, Is that right?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Old Dirty started.
Speaker 4: He actually, uh was first on the record and he was talking about fucking bitches and the ass all kind of.
Speaker 1: Crazy ship, you know what I'm saying. So he got that version.
Speaker 4: I think Kenny McLeod got it. We recorded at the black Hole over the Yeah, I think I think he still got it. I remember I've been to the black Hole. The Nigga verse was dope, but it was just it was just that's where I did, uh water. It was vulgar as fun, you know what I mean. Yeah, so so O d B was the top knocking bros and the colon and ship. Yeah, I was talking about that too on the record. If you notice, you know what I'm saying. But it was done in a certain way, you know what I'm saying. He just said fucking bitches in the ass, my popular styles, fucking bitches in the ass. And then he did a long ass like when the song came on, he just did.
Speaker 1: A long whoa some ship like that, like this ship went long you imagine that come on. Then I hear that ship. I was like, oh ship the whole time. Then the nigga tried to charge me like twenty five racks for that ship. You know what.
Speaker 4: Method man was like, hell no, like fuck no, we ain't doing that, Like we finna get DMX on here. And DMX was the hottest nigga in the country at the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you had it. You had it when X was that nigga dog. That's when X just dropped them back to back on the head. That nigga came from chicken and waffles Rest in peace of X.
Speaker 4: That nigga came from uh Rosco's Chicken and waffles him in a wire from rough Riders, and he busts like four raps, like told me which one I wanted, you know what I mean. Like he came with a different styles, variety of ship. He busts one rap, then he go back in there.
Speaker 3: You like that one?
Speaker 4: You like that one ship? He said, I got more homes in the essay. I'm like, yeah, they gonna like that ship right there. So that was the one.
Speaker 1: But he was definitely a humble dude, and he was fucking hell of mc man.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm not motherfucker's cut your fucking throat with that rap ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I saw that nigga man in the lake Wood Mall one time. Yeah, just random Man's place. And you don't realize he that little until you see him in person. I'm like, is he not no big old? You know, I'm thinking I'm gonna see some big six for it, nigga, you know me with shame from his nigga and ship and the wife beat her on. Nigga was in there and he was in there arguing with a nigga dog over for a discount.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. He was like, come on, son, I'm exed, you know, charge me all this money.
Speaker 3: Nigga realist. And I was just like him. I said, that's dem X. You know, I ain't the type of nigga to be approach the nigga. I was like this dem mix them all arguing with a nigga.
Speaker 4: Hey, when that nigga was at his big of his career, bro, he was I think he was performing for the Soul Training Awards, right, and uh at that time, I was running around with red Man, red Man taking me to taking me everywhere. We just rapping and busting up and ship rapping on taking the spot and ship.
Speaker 1: And we go to DMX room.
Speaker 4: He's finnah perform for the Soul Training Awards and he was telling us, yeah, I got to come back to New York with me, you know what I mean, come to the pad or whatever. This nigga put this jacket on, he's finna perform in. It was like it was some kind of like gold sequence shit, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 1: You see how they got me. We started laughing like a motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: He put that mofucker on he went and rocked that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: And I think that night, if you ever see the Soul Train Ship, I think he said the same verse twice that night on that one song. Yeah, he got that gold sequence, uh, that gold ship on. But yeah, man, he was real cool.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: That's when he was still married to his wife and shit, you know what I mean, he was first that name was manit was Wraw.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That nineties was a special motherfucking era, dog. Yes, indeed, that nineties was a special motherfucking era. Man. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know what, man, It's like.
Speaker 3: The ship didn't really start getting weird weird until like the late nineties, two thousands, dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's when all the money and shit started coming through it, dog, you know, all the money and the shoot thousands it started.
Speaker 5: You know, everything went to flaws and you know, bottles of champagne and private jets and you know, and platinumness and platinum that, and you know, everything started being about wealth and who was balling, and you know, it was it was no more about you know, the substance of hip hop and making good music and just trying to tell stories and whatever. Everything became about crystyle and platinum chains and you get me real talk.
Speaker 4: Even with the radio the format changed up. Well, how you know you used to be able if you was in the community, you could go take a song to the radio station and if that mother could get some buzz, it'll blow up, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Definitely used to play a niggas. Remember they used to have bump of the dump it and all that pump of the dump it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean. And it went from that to the control of the radio. Is like, if you ain't uh connected with the ship we're talking about, they.
Speaker 5: Ain't connected with the machine, then don't get played. Don't give a fuck how many niggas request you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you might have to put this dress on right with the Big four?
Speaker 3: If the you might have put that dress on real quick. What's the weak, say y'all? I know you don't seen some ship. What's the weirdest shicks? You don't every y'all got me telling them about my little party experience though, what's the weirdest shicks you don't ever encounter?
Speaker 4: I ain't really seen no weird ship, you know what I mean? Because I ain't finna be around no weird shit.
Speaker 1: I tried to. I didn't go to weird parties. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't really party with motherfuckers outside of my homies. Really, Yeah, I didn't do when all the industry ship was going on. If I'm gonna to the party, it's gonna be a public party that the industry throwing. It ain't gonna be no no in the cut house bullshit. You know what I'm saying, No eyes wide, shut ass ship.
Speaker 3: Dog. The one thing I did realize is that, yeah, these brawls you see on TV, man, man, that you be thinking this all that them but basic Booker band.
Speaker 4: I've seen a girl pep on another girl. That was the most That was the most nasty ship I see. But but you know what I'm saying, I got up and left. I watched it for I'm like, is that pepe alright?
Speaker 1: No, I got up and left.
Speaker 3: It'd be some.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I didn't attend that type of ship. You ain't going none of that ship was always the curious nigga on this bitch all right, like man over here and like nah man, it wasn't a celebrity bro. It was my ad bitches. Man, I'm gonna go deal with the regular hood right out though, and it's.
Speaker 4: All I was like, God damn, what the with all that? You know how it's like some like some strip club party ship, but it ain't. It's like it's like a party. It's an industry party, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: But it's like.
Speaker 4: And it's like, goddamn that she got Like I'm thinking they just grinding each other doing the ship. I'm down there watching that throwing little dollars there.
Speaker 1: That got to piss it. That was too much for me. I was like, whoa, I was still attending.
Speaker 5: You guys stitch on me because out whoa backyard parties. I didn't go later the enter outside to Compton City. Linux, Man, you just seem like one of them type of niggas that didn't do none of that.
Speaker 1: Funk around with that.
Speaker 5: And that's what s in the fucking garage all day, smoke places like or or ride some motherfucking mope mini bikes up and down the block.
Speaker 4: I like used to see me bro like when I used to come from San Diego, used to have the Coach East Ego mom in the hood with me, like three different grip gangs all together. That's when it was more unity, you know what I'm saying, And niggas is coming out here and low, and I had my homies like Big Bull and then with me big motherfuckers with Jerry Curroll's big telling security cut, get out the way, I'm gonna knock you out type of shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So even one G and them, we used to see me with the.
Speaker 4: Niggas back, they like, hey, then come fuck with us, man, you know what I mean. G W and them because they see me always with my homies. So and I remember we used to be up there at the Little Park Hotel. You remember the Little Park Hotel over there in Hollywood, La Mandrion. We used to be at them hotels and we be think like thirty forty homies and ship, you know what I mean. But that's how I was rolling, you know what I'm saying. So it was it was always that energy. So I ain't never really seen no weird shit, you know what I mean. Yeah, it was that was just real, real street ship. But you never know when somebody will try to slide some ship, you know what I mean, Try to slide and see.
Speaker 1: If you go for something.
Speaker 4: You never know if you ain't paying attention, you know what I'm saying. Shit, that's and attention, bro, because you know they I don't know, seemed like they know who they want or they know who you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, for sure, shit, they know who they can try with that bullshit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they know who they came.
Speaker 3: Now at the time when you was at death jam, right, yeah, you was on one of the most It's like death jams, everybody's ring labeling shit, right, Yeah. Do you ever have any like like like, do you ever have any regrets on the way the ship went down with y'all with you handlet differently a little bit now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like I was telling eight, I just wish I had somebody to fight my battles, so it wouldn't it just had to be me, being an artist and a business person that had to get at them to make my situations better, you know what I mean, contractually or whatever. I wish I would have had somebody like an IRV Gotti or or or Dame Dash or somebody like that, so I could have remained to be the joh Rule or the jay z or whatever. You know, even even even while from Rough Riders. You know what, I'm saying, if I would have had somebody like that to where DMX can just concentrate on being an artist. You know what I'm saying, my boy going in there and making sure the business is right, you know what I'm saying. So I'm getting everything I deserve. But I don't have to be the one arguing with Lee or in them.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I don't have to be that psy because once you relationship, shit is gone. Niggas not have managers. Back then, I didn't have a man I had a manager, but somewhat.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, my manager got me my deal, you know what I'm saying. Originally he got me my deal because he knew Jay and them. But Nigga, I wanted my own ship. I didn't want to be giving away my publishing and my you know what I'm saying. Because having that deal with him hooking it up, of course, that came with him getting some of the perks of my ship.
Speaker 1: That I'm supposed to have. You feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So after that first album came out, Nigga I managed to get away from all of that shit and was able to get directly signed to death Jam and got rid of all that, you know what I'm saying, even though I should have but even if it wasn't gonna be the manager, I should have bought some of it else because you.
Speaker 3: Ain't necessarily have to have because he seemed like a middle man, like more like an unknown type of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what basically, Yeah, same.
Speaker 4: Ship brought someone else, and that I that I had had to trust motherfuckers exactly, so I had to do it all myself.
Speaker 3: You put a motherfucker on the trail faces until the nigga is with you saying, you go get this. You're gonna eat what your key, nigga. You ain't gonna be sitting upre eating off my ship.
Speaker 1: No doubt. You know what I'm saying, no doubt.
Speaker 4: So once I left def Jam, I went to a label UH with with UH Treacherous Records, with Big Psych and and I was there. Nocturnal was there. Them niggas was cutting chicks, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So I was, I was.
Speaker 4: I kind of made more money than them than I made when I was at Depth Jam, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: And it was like.
Speaker 4: Like the motherfuckers had my back on some like whatever. You know what I'm saying, like Jayo, we got you. And they had shipped like Diamond Minds and Ship, you know what I'm saying, like the joke any of homies, Tico and and you know saying Aling and Ship.
Speaker 1: Had crooked around the Bentley Crooked had it made.
Speaker 4: Yeah they still got They actually still got the studio I can go to today if I wanted to. They still got the studio right there in Glendale. And Ship, Yeah still got that motheruck. It looked like the house out front in the front. Yeah still got Big Sight got them a situation over the rest Big site.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was me, Big Sych, Crooked Eye, Nocturnal. We was all over at the same time. Yeah, it's like we did a photo shoot together with all of us. I don't know if they still got this with me Big Sych knocking all. They had Joe over there at the time too, Joe Is. I think they were supposed to have distribution with Universal, but I don't know what happened. But they let me keep my album, the Masters everything and fucking we're still cool to you know what I mean to this day. But I still got it was called any Trenches, I never put the album. I still got some of those records, you know what I mean. I still got the masters to that ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a cool sixty ways. Everybody knew over there was happy niggas was getting over that one. I remember I made a lot of songs with Jelly Roll on that project. He produced a lot of ship on there.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised didn't hell your ass over. I didn't know about him.
Speaker 4: I think he was already with Snoop at that time. I think around that time that was when you and Cam and Snooping was gonna do the war Zone project. But that that did that didn't see the like of the wars on Was you ever signed?
Speaker 1: Did you ever? You never did a deal with Snoop Diction? Nah? No, I was going to UH at one point around the time I was supposed to deal with.
Speaker 4: With Damn Dash Now, I wanted to do a deal with Rockefeller and Snoop Dogg too, So it was like I did the Got Beef record, then I was gonna sign the Dog Doggy Style, you know what I mean. But when I left Death Jam, I just went to Treacherous and did did my own independence shit, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But yiggase you was hot as a motherfucker fire cracker. When that got beef Ricker came out. You had the first verse from that motherfucker.
Speaker 1: He was rapping. Oh, no doubt that ship was dope. That she got added to Hot ninety seven. You know what I'm saying. Angie Martinez said, they added that motherfucker because of my verse on there. I was like, whoa, that's what's up. You know what I'm saying. You had a muffler. You probably had the hardest verse on there. Yeah, I ain't fucking out my money again. And she because it's none of him. It got a body on it from a party, don't it. Yeah, I've been trying to sling it, but don't nobody want it.
Speaker 4: Got beef sh It was dope. That video is dope as fuck too, man. I remember were doing that video. That's what I was saying. Man, I mean the east side of you. I mean it was my niggas man traded. He did this ship on there too.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Silkie Fine was on that motherfucker.
Speaker 4: She was on the original version. Yeah, Silkie Fine had a dope verse on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Silky Fine do her motherful thing. It's just you know what she another one man, just people. I think they got certain niggas dog that they just scared of because they know, like if they know what you and this nigga right here, y'all will speak, y'all mind, ain't gonna be no kind of shenanigans. So they just rather y'all like the niggas just like kind of bad in school. It ain't really bad. Say, you know, I'm good at what I do.
Speaker 4: That should count for something that you know what I'm saying. I mean, we we we've been doing this. We our catalogs speak for theyself, you know what I'm saying. So it's like I ain't tripping. I'm gonna just keep on, you know what i mean, putting God first, and I know whatever, whatever, my mother fucking future holes it's gonna be. I mean, if you ain't gonna give it to me, I'm gonna take it. I'm gonna make my own mark, you know what I'm saying. I'm not a motherfucker that fear out here, you know what i mean, motherfucking little dude man trying to hurt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you gotta make your own mark, you know whatever, whatever it may be.
Speaker 4: Straight up you know what I mean, and the people that love what you do, cater to them and make it said, because that's at the end.
Speaker 1: Of the day. I don't give a fucker. It's two three motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna make the ship that they know me for making, and niggas love me for what I do, and I'm gonna push the line and help others along the way.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: And one thing about it, bro before we finish it up. It's like, I'm a writer, my nigga, and it ain't just gotta be rap music. You know what I'm saying. I'm trying to write and create and be creative and use my imagination and get paid off of it, no matter what that is.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: A nigga's a writer at heart, So it ain't just gotta be talking about gangster rapping or ship like that.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I'm writing a fucking h educational comedy for kids right now. You know what I'm saying. Do Yeah, I think it's gonna be dope. I appreciate that, man. I appreciate y'all having me eight.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. I've been trying to get up here for San Diego. Bro, it is better late than that.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 4: You go to the traffic I fucked up and went to that stupid ass and you if you own the ninety one God damn it, Hey, don't fuck up and go ninety one west on that carpool and that bitch take your ass. You what's a fucking way before you can get off the goddamn exit and come back the way you're supposed to go.
Speaker 1: You're gonna go seventeen miles the wrong way, you alway before you can get off. That's what happens. So you gotta wait for that. I Hey, watch out for my new album coming out fifty five. Get your Feet Whipped. That's the name of my new ship, Get your Feet Whipped.
Speaker 4: And it's a salute to everybody that got hands that that that squabble your ass up before they pick up a gun and take your life. They got the heart to squabble you up. And shout out to all the niggas that that squabble up. You know what I mean, Like niggas squabble up niggas and.
Speaker 1: Lose a draw. Shout out to them niggas. Some heart, some real heart we go.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you a question, real quick man, because you came out of San Diego and you always was ripping your stuff.
Speaker 1: It's like when I first heard Age, I knew he was a quip.
Speaker 3: First heard you and he was a cryp. Right now, is do you see any big, any big difference between the way San Diego get down on the wait Loss Angeles get on this far as game banging. Because I know you from forties. My god brother Bob is one of the you know, he's one of the original forty Crip members, you know what I mean. So you think it's any difference kind of it?
Speaker 4: It is in a way, But at the same time, it's a lot of similarities, you know what I'm saying. It's a lot of similarities.
Speaker 1: But like with LA.
Speaker 4: The difference of San Diego in LA, like San Diego is like it was mostly bloods and LA was mostly crips exactly I mean. So that's one of the differences, is it was more of bloods in San Diego than the crip hoods, you know what I mean, And in LA is the total opposite. So that's one of the differences. But a lot of motherfuckers connect. We connect with each other because sometimes niggas got family from different others and shit like that, So niggas connect. But the main thing about it is like like like motherfuckers from my era, like we're trying to push a line as far as like niggas making music.
Speaker 1: Don't give a fuck if you dissing each other in the music. That can make music.
Speaker 4: It's better than a motherfucking going across trying to try to hurt you. So what I'm saying, So I'd rather it be on wax nigga than the motherfucker really out here, you know what I'm saying, actually trying to do some harm to some motherfucking But.
Speaker 3: I know it's like a lot of you know, like you said that she was like you and Michie Slick, y'all talk about doing some things.
Speaker 1: Shout out my boy. I got like two songs with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that's dope, man. I think that's how it should be because I always felt like if San Diego could kind of unify y'all got some series rappers out there.
Speaker 4: Oh, no doubt, no doubt. Uh yeah, you know what I mean. With me and Mitch, we did a we did a show with exhibit. Uh, right before the pandemic happened, you know what I'm saying, And we talked about doing some ship, putting some shit together.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my bro Cricket. Cricket.
Speaker 4: Uh, it's actually responsible for like Mitchie Slick first album, you know what I mean, Cricket from the hood, you know what I mean. And he been trying to get us together for the longest. So we're telling him, hey, man, put the ship together. Let's let's get to make it. Let's make an EP or something. Because when that we did that show with exhibit, we took picture together, and that one picture ended up being in fucking restaurants in San Diego.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Like one of the restaurants, I go to Poyo Grill, you know what I mean, They got me and Mitchie Slick picture up in there, you know what I mean. So I and I go in there all the time and I see that ship on the wall. I'm like, it shows me, like this is what San Diego wants. Fuck all the where you're from where I'm from, bullshit, Because we didn't been through that, we didn't both been parts of the problem.
Speaker 1: Let's be a part of the solution. Let's leave by example.
Speaker 4: I mean, and I feel like, yeah, you know, by us sleeping by example, we do some music together, do a show together, or whatever it is, it shows that it could be done, you know what I'm saying. And it's not like I haven't tried to do the shit before, you know what I'm saying. When I did the trued Up video, when I did the record Call came Around that was on the master p West Coast Bad Boys shit that had Baby Scar on it, Baby Scars from Skyline.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: With meet him and a rapper I had called Baylok, I mean me and him and Baylog was on the record. Two Niggas from the Hood and the Domo nigga. He was actually in the trued Up video, you know what I mean. So I've been always trying to connect the dots, you know what I mean. But that's right, I think now, like with the show, we're about the dudes, Me, Mitchie, Slick, mac ten, DJ Quick Aunt, Doesn't Harmony, m C eight on the Motherfucker We finished Tear that bitch down, you know what I'm saying. You know, and I know a lot of the audience is coming because some of those people on the lineup you don't get to see. You know what I'm saying. It be sometimes it'll be the same every time. It's the same lineup, you know what I mean. So I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: Man, I'm ready to go. I'm in the gym, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Hey, by that time this show come up, I'm be cut up the death nigga ready to go.
Speaker 1: You're gonna tear that muff for them.
Speaker 3: And that's June tenth and Bisley Hill.
Speaker 1: Yes, sir.
Speaker 4: Shout out to mac one Oh for putting it together. We finished tear that bitch down.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, man, I really appreciate you coming through. Dog Hey, thank you for having me man. Y'all follow on this Instagram man, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Follow me at jo Felony Music.
Speaker 4: That's on all my ship Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, all the ships. You know what I'm saying, Follow me there. I got a new album coming out called Get Your Feet Whooped. It's finna be stupid. Fly shout out the slot of Piper Doctor Dre helped me record a lot of the ship and shit.
Speaker 1: It's finna be dope as fuck.
Speaker 3: Hey real quick before you go. I got to ask this because you don't see the good doctor's name. Yeah, how is it working with Trey Doog?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna tell you like this, Like with me, it's like like playing with Michael Jordan or something. It's like it takes your something about dre take your motherfucking adrenaline up, you know what I'm saying. So so so with me, I'm rapping on all kinds of different beats, and I got a slot of Piper doing bomb ass hooks and all them tracks is coming from the Aftermath camp, you know what I mean. So it's just like you know, it takes your adrenaline into another place, you know what I'm saying. So now that I'm in the studio, it's like them niggas know how how to get get the best work from me is give me the track and let me go home, you know what I'm saying. And when I come back, I'm gonna say some amazing ship. If I got to write on the spot, I might say some amazing ship. But you're not gonna get the best out of me trying to write on the spot, you know what I mean. Even though we can do it like that. But if I get to go home and sit with this motherfucker.
Speaker 1: For two three days, come with some ship. Yeah, I'm gonna come back with that ship guaranteed, you know what I mean. So that's the thing.
Speaker 4: It just take a nigga adrenaline to another level, you know what I mean? Yeah, man, you know you're playing with playing with the A team.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Actly, You ain't never, you ain't never did no work with three.
Speaker 3: You know that gotta happen. Good doctor man, Come on, man, Yeah, I need you on this next album.
Speaker 5: Trayo you with some fire man, or get me on this being it's all good. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. We needs you, man, what shit. I appreciate you, homeboy.
Speaker 3: Man, I appreciate Mike Man in the cup man on drove oile here with the homie man for you man.
Speaker 1: And that's it, man, just the beginnings still. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's how we do that. You know what I'm saying. We bring y'all the official right here as the chronicles.
Speaker 1: Man, we out here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if I lie my notes, bro, like Pinocchio, We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but.
Speaker 1: It's not Your.
Speaker 3: Well. That concludes another episode of The Gainst the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to the Gainst the Chronicles podcast. For Apple users, find a purple Michael on the front of your screen, subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The Gainst the Chronicles podcast Norman Steel, James MacDonald, Aaron m c a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and all your editors tell It Hayes. The Gainst Chronicles is a production of iHeart Media Network and the Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio vision is the iHeartRadio app Apple Podcasts wherever you're listening to your podcasts,