Speaker 1: Mom transmitting America.
Speaker 2: Is a.
Speaker 3: LISCA. Welcome to Thursday Show more than Studio.
Speaker 4: All right, Morgan, what's the deal?
Speaker 5: So we had a listener who wrote me and asked, like, he went through an eight week coma and now he doesn't even have really any memories after twenty eighteen. So not only did he stay in a coma for two months, but he also just doesn't remember much since twenty eighteen, and he wants to know how we would update somebody who.
Speaker 6: Just was in a coma and they listened to our show.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I've written down some notes since twenty eighteen. First of all, I'm very sorry that happened to you. Second of all, I'm happy that you're okay since twenty eighteen. Though a lot of crap has happened a lot, just in the world. I think you're pretty good as far like what you mean, see him as much A lot of the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of division, Oh yeah, in your division, lots.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But with us, if I were going to start with Amy, oh it's a big one. It's a big one.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I got my kids in twenty eighteen, she got divorced.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's what.
Speaker 3: But first it is like the biggest update. That's pretty big, Amy, But you got I thought you got the kids in December twenty seventeen, Like I probably heard that.
Speaker 6: Okay, oh so he remembers it's five days before eighteen December.
Speaker 7: We're going that's a great point.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I guess I got them December twenty third.
Speaker 6: Twenty seventeen.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Amy got divorced. Amy turned forty. Yeah yeah, Amy's dad died. Oh man.
Speaker 4: In the last I don't know. A few months.
Speaker 3: Amy has said she's gonna start dating. So she's got divorced and is dating. So you messed like two storylines there anything else we missed on her. It's been a pretty rough since twenty eighteen.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, it's not in best decades.
Speaker 3: Y No, no, No, she was in a movie. Oh you was Holiday Yeah it's a big deal, right, yeah, yes, thank you won an oscar. Let's start learning. We need something. We started to giving him so much. Yeah, she has a Yeah, she has a part in Holiday Harmony. It's on Max and it's a Christmas movie.
Speaker 4: Good one, Eddie. That's a saving.
Speaker 3: Beauty with Eddie. Eddie got a hair transplant.
Speaker 6: No, I did not get a hair system.
Speaker 3: It's raised day translant. It was great. A plus. Eddie was Ball. He came out of up like Eddie has hair. Now they discovered the cure for Ball of this. We're still trying to convince Eddie to keep it. But Eddie has a hair system on his head.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: It's you know what some people will call it to pay, but this is not that's old school. It's real human hair. Eddie had two foster kids that he was fostering that are now his adopted children.
Speaker 4: So you've adopted them in the last five years.
Speaker 3: So was I fostering them before then? Probably?
Speaker 4: And then now I've officially adopted them.
Speaker 3: Eddie also walked from West Virginia to Tennessee to raise money for charity.
Speaker 4: That was cool. How much did you raise?
Speaker 3: Gosh, what was it? Like? What do we raise? I don't remember.
Speaker 4: It was in six figures? Yeah, that was like one something.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't remember, man, I mean, that's been a long time.
Speaker 9: But I did tell my family I do want to go back and kind of drive that walk again to kind of show him, like everything I saw.
Speaker 4: They do not care. They don't care.
Speaker 3: Eddie went on a weird diet where he only boiled eggs or something already lost all that weight.
Speaker 7: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah the mathem. Yeah, fish, vegetables and eggs. That's all he ate all the time. So that that was a little experiment there, but I gained it all back.
Speaker 3: And then Eddie and I opened for Garth Brooks at Razorback Stadium watching idiots. That's amazing.
Speaker 4: Lunchbox had three kids.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had three kids in twenty eighteen. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: All the ultima is that even five years ago was struggling is now dead.
Speaker 4: That car is dead, but he still hasn't got a new car.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 3: He still plays rec league soccer, but he's now the manager of the team and washes all the jersey so we can still play where he used to be like MVP. Now he's the guy who washes the clothes to stay.
Speaker 7: That's kind of inaccurate.
Speaker 3: Do you wash the clothes?
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's not just so I can stay.
Speaker 4: Why do you wash the clothes so.
Speaker 10: We can have matching uniforms so we know what team you're on when you're playing, right?
Speaker 4: Why do you do it?
Speaker 3: You didn't always do it until but it's hard to find a team well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I kind of my team kind of folded and then I was left with the jerseys. And then when we started this new team, I kind of had the jerseys. I'm the one that signs us up every season and has the text.
Speaker 3: People, Hey, and it has given up on being a big brother. No, not big brother, but real World.
Speaker 10: Well yeah it's dead. I mean I'm too old. They don't have Real World anymore. But I'd love to be on the Challenge. But I mean, Bobby's not gonna let me go away for six weeks at a time.
Speaker 3: It's tough and I have three kids. Now, Yeah, he blames it on me. He never like does anything, but he blames it on me.
Speaker 7: He's not getting Yeah, I didn't blame it.
Speaker 3: You were like survivor, go for it. But the challenge, I don't think it's worth it. What I don't think the challenge is versus like a network show.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 10: I think you are sleeping on the millions that watched the Challenge.
Speaker 3: We could look at the ratings and see if there are millions, but I feel you maybe I just don't know the show. For mine, I got married, We're about to have three years married. Wow, I would never announce it like that anyway, like that, it's not to be married three years. She's not pregnant. Every time it just comes up. Now I have to say, she's not pregnant. She's not pregnant, she's not pregnant. Turned forty. I think probably got Stanley the Bulldog right around this time. Elder. We have another dog that we adopted that we found. I put out a second book called Fail until You Don't. I said I love you to the first time to the same person that I end up marrying.
Speaker 6: Yes, you wrote a book about Stanley the Dog.
Speaker 4: I did a kid's book, Stanley the Dog. That's true too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then the show Here we are we're still on do I mean, I don't like career stuff, but I don't care about that. Oh you don't know. I don't care about my career. I don't do what we build a we're able to pick a wall court. Yeah, you can see on my answer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he didn't miss that. When did you get out of a yall just unveiled it.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 3: By the way, pickleball is a huge sport. Now, Yeah, that's its massive dude. Yeah, that's crazy. All right, cool, that's that's pretty much what you missed. You didn't have to listen for the last five years.
Speaker 4: You listen to that. You're good, You're caught up and hope you're healthy.
Speaker 3: Hope you're good. Alia reading all the air.
Speaker 6: It's something we call Bobby's nailed bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hello, Bobby Bones. I had a red flag moment with my girlfriend's family. I'm trying not to hold it against her. I went with her to a family event at her parents place, and I was shocked at how freely racial slurs, jokes, and comments flew around the place. When it started, I just kind of slumped away and pretended I was looking at the artwork in the house. My girlfriend told him I was just quiet and shy, and I'm not sure anyone thought anything of it. Afterwards, she hasn't brought it up. That concerns me. Is this something I should bring up to her? Does she think that way too? By being quiet? Am I condoning it? This feels like a real deal breaker for me. Signed dealing with a deal breaker. Oh, at first, you can't punish your girlfriend for the sense of her family. Second of all, it is something you bring up absolutely, and I think if you've been together a while, you know her sensibilities. I think if she were she had a couple of those loaded up in the chamber, she'd have shot him out by now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe she hasn't had the opportunity, though.
Speaker 3: I think if you're in a relationship and that's your thing, there's ample opportunity you would have.
Speaker 6: Noticed her joining in with them.
Speaker 3: And we don't even know what the slur is, what race it is, it could be in it. I'm assuming I'm assuming they're white people. Yeah, I mean it's probably so you cannot punish her. If that were the case, no one would have ever even married me. I got a lot of family members in jail right now. If you're going to judge me based on the actions, I have family members in jail for really really really bad reasons, like extremely bad reasons, one or one or two of them that I've never talked about on the show because they are so vile, And if you're going to hold that against then I would never have a shot.
Speaker 4: But it is absolutely something that you talk about.
Speaker 8: So when we were doing our paperwork for adoption, when we were before we were considering adopting from Haiti, which are guaranteed your child is going to be Haitian, so black, and we were doing a domestic adoption and open to any race, so maybe could have been for many country and we had to go to our aunts uncles. You just get letters, write it down right here.
Speaker 3: So we know.
Speaker 8: No, but the adoption agency was part of the whole application process of your immediate family or anyone that your future children could be around. They wanted to know if there was any racism or even stuff like that, just you know about in your family.
Speaker 4: Lie though and just say no, oh yeah, kind of won't come back. You're just like, nope, don't I know. It's just like the doctor, I mean drinks. You have a week to maybe one time slot.
Speaker 8: I think it's just also to get you aware and think of like things maybe you've been around your whole like if you've heard your uncle say this or that, then you need to take that into consideration.
Speaker 6: And remember everybody's uncle says this and that, don't they. I don't know why it's always the uncle.
Speaker 3: But let's just say you adopt these.
Speaker 8: Kids and then decide to go over there for Christmas once a year. You need to make sure you know, like, hey, you can't speak that way around my kids.
Speaker 3: You can talk to you with adults.
Speaker 4: Here, you can talk to her like an adult.
Speaker 3: You definitely are allowed to be disgusted with her family, but don't hold that against her unless she has.
Speaker 4: The same views. You guys act like you don't agree with.
Speaker 9: Me, Eddie, I mean, the apple don't fall far from that's not true.
Speaker 3: That's that's true. Sometimes it's not always true, so it's not it's not.
Speaker 9: I believe that at some point when you grow up, and that's just normal. At some point, it's just going to come out. And so yes, I agree with you guys have the conversation, but I do. If that's the way they live, she's gonna have a little bit of that in her.
Speaker 8: Yes, unless she has made a choice to be like that's not who I am and I don't want.
Speaker 12: To be that.
Speaker 4: I don't agree with that at all.
Speaker 9: I mean, the whole family's barbecuing and they're like, Rachel slur.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, it's normal. That doesn't mean that she's the same. No, it literally does. Okay, But I respect your opinion. No, I don't. I don't respect it at all. Lunchbox.
Speaker 7: No, I don't respect Ddy's opinion.
Speaker 10: I am not on that tree, but I do think you should have said something like being like him, not saying.
Speaker 13: Something, Oh that's off to eight people. But he says if he doesn't say anything in my you know, condoning it, condoning it. I feel like you kind of are. I think you have to say something. That's the only thing.
Speaker 3: I would say anything. I would be like, this is not my house. I don't make the rules inside of this house. Is it the wall somebody else paid for? And who I'm going to stand up and be like, I don't agree with what you guys are doing in these walls. I like exactly what he did. Look at the paintings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, wow, talked to her.
Speaker 3: Don't hold it against her unless she says it while she sleeps, then we got a problem.
Speaker 4: All right, close it up.
Speaker 3: We got your Gmail and we read on her.
Speaker 6: Now, let's find the clothes Bobby's mail by.
Speaker 3: Let's go over and talk to Jennifer. Hey, Jennifer, you're on the Bobby Bone Show.
Speaker 4: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Yeah, must have a son who's dating the girl and they've been dating a few months. But I had not met her yet. But I met her briefly but I said, I asked him what her last name was, and he said, I don't know. I said, what do you mean don't know? I don't know? And I said, well, he said she told me once, but I forgot, and I said, well, ask her. And they've been a few months, so I've begged be a little more and he said, well, I asked her if she got mad at me, because I guess I forgot she's mad and I forgotten. She will not tell him now her last name.
Speaker 4: No, that's shady, some shady's going on. Are they in middle school? Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Mid twenties.
Speaker 6: Online but they've.
Speaker 3: But they've met, right, But then if if you've met her in person, yeah, her last name?
Speaker 4: Isn't it like on Instagram or something?
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't have any social media?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it comes up?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Oh is she maybe a dancer? Or is she? What is that they don't have on the run? Anybody that doesn't have social media in their twenties, Like, I'm a little weary. Really unless they're like you know, in the FBI, or like a spy, and then you wouldn't even know they were a spy to have a fake one? Probably what is what was she like when you met her, Jennifer, she was okay, she.
Speaker 1: Was quiet, she wasn't real real talkative. And my sister in law also met her briefly. But yeah, she just He asked her what her last name was, and he said, she just sound mad at it, but she wouldn't tell him. I say, well, you know, Snacker Wallett or something next time you're out eating or see what her last name is. He said, she just didn't like her last name. That's like her family and such.
Speaker 3: So it would be funny if how the story ended, her last name was Boutkrock and he looks like but Crock or something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, like that would be a funny ending. However, this feels extremely shady.
Speaker 3: Give me your theory, Amy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 8: My first theory is that she's definitely hiding something. She's not who she says she is, and I don't think she ever originally told him and that's why he doesn't know it, and he's maybe thinking and she's like, oh I told you, and now since you don't remember, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Going to tell you.
Speaker 8: I think that she's gaslighting that situation and she's never wanted him to know it at all, and she's never said it.
Speaker 3: Watchbox theory.
Speaker 10: She's married and she doesn't want you to look up her name because then you will find out she has a husband and she's living a double life.
Speaker 7: Whoa Eddie theory.
Speaker 9: Yeah, she's just messing with him like now, it's just a little game to her, like, oh I told you once, Now you don't know it.
Speaker 3: I'll never tell you my last name, so you don't think there's anything. Yeah, she's playing a little game. Okay. My theory is because this is weird. She's trying to manipulate him somehow to make away with something of his his money or something, and she's not giving it up too much information.
Speaker 6: So then when she leaves, you can't find her.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, no, the social media thing is totally bizarre. If she's in her twenty pleaset TikTok. Maybe so, Jennifer, I would keep one eye open. Well, that's weird because you have to sleep, and she's not going to attack you while you sleep. I would just be very aware because it does not sound like everything is as it seems. And I know your son's also not going to listen to you. He seems like mom relaxed. She's cool. But how old is your son? And why is this not.
Speaker 4: Weird to him?
Speaker 1: I think it is weird to him, but he doesn't want to make her angry, so angry angry?
Speaker 3: If she's so hot that this doesn't matter, I don't think so. Yeah, there's no way. Then. Wait, you can understand if she was so hot, you'd be like, you know, I can make her angry, but then I don't have her. She's super hot, yeah.
Speaker 6: Don't you have y'all's hot to ratio?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And if she's not super hot, this sounds very crazy, Jennifer, I would be a bit concerned.
Speaker 4: Three of us think there's something up. One of us think she's just I'm.
Speaker 6: Do you think that your son would call us?
Speaker 3: We have questions, yes, and also give it if he'll call us, or if you can give us an update after he has to file bankruptcy. Wants she steals all.
Speaker 1: His money okay, either one money.
Speaker 3: Okay, his identity though, because I just think something no good's happening here. Jennifer, thank you for the call. We say, be very very careful around this person. There's a reason she's hiding. There's a reason anybody hides. Something doesn't always have to be bad. But this sounds pretty bad. All right, Jennifer, thank you for the call. Good luck with that.
Speaker 1: Thank you all right.
Speaker 3: I know we didn't help her that much except make her more paranoid. I hope he calls we gave her the truth is how he felt.
Speaker 7: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: Ready.
Speaker 9: When Thomas Jones was twenty years old, he got sent to prison for unlawful possession of a firearm. Spent three years in prison. God was out for a couple of years, Boom got busted again, went back for seven and a half years. He said, man, I got to get my life together. So when he got out, he went got his associate's degree from community college. Then he went to Rutgers University, earned a bachelor's degree in human resource.
Speaker 3: They said, well, I'm not going to stop here.
Speaker 9: Then he got accepted to Cornell University Ivy League. Baby, got accepted there, earned his master's degree this year.
Speaker 3: That's really getting your life back on track. That's like super track. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean most of the people they don't even go to jail.
Speaker 3: Don do that. I didn't do that. Oh yeah, I didn't even go to jail. This guy went to jail, good point, and then he came out, Oh that's crazy.
Speaker 9: Were we going to say, Well, I'm just going to say, like, you know, when people go to jail, it's just like, oh man, it's like what are you gonna do now? I mean, they have a hard time finding a job afterwards. So in his case, he's like, no, no, no, I'm going to go to college and do it the right way.
Speaker 3: And I know that Cornell is a prestigish university because Andy went there from the office.
Speaker 4: Oh he's very preppy, very rich.
Speaker 3: Yes, a good story, that's what it's all about. That was telling me something good.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 3: The first question, what like It's hard? Is a quote from what two thousands? Movie?
Speaker 4: And I'm gonna play you a clip in a second.
Speaker 3: So we're playing elder versus millennial lunchbox older Morgan younger answering questions about each other's generations.
Speaker 4: What like It's hard? Here's the clip, What like It's hard?
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's only one movie, yep, mean girls, that's incorrect.
Speaker 3: Morgan, would you like to steal? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I know that is miss Reese Witherspoon and legally Blonde.
Speaker 7: One point.
Speaker 4: Morgan with the steal Let's store intro.
Speaker 3: Here sang it up first, He's up two to nothing. He's the captain of cringe. He says, all he does is when his body is really hairy, and he gets everybody on the show six.
Speaker 4: So I call him Typhoid.
Speaker 3: Mary. It's lunchbox.
Speaker 10: I should have paid attention more to the clip. I already had in my head that it was mean girls were even listening.
Speaker 4: Question number two, lunchbox.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In two thousand and four, the band The Killers debuted what massive song britees? Correct? Because I'm mister Bride's side. Question number three? What was Drake's character on the drama series De Grassy? It was Drake's character's name. Oh you say it?
Speaker 7: I mean, I say de GROSSI.
Speaker 4: I don't think you do.
Speaker 7: What was his name?
Speaker 3: Just his first name will work? Yeah, it was Drake's character.
Speaker 7: Yeah, h mmmm, I should know this.
Speaker 4: Aubrey no real name. Yeah, I never watched A Grassy.
Speaker 5: I knew he was in it, though, I don't think I know his name.
Speaker 6: So start with the T.
Speaker 4: We're just gonna guess here.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, let's go with the Dylan Dylan No, in correct, it's actually Jimmy.
Speaker 6: Brooks sang I wrote down Ramon.
Speaker 3: Champagne Poppy's stories. Yes, great story. Lunchbox's opponent. She runs all of our digital. She went to Kansas State. But being down two to zero, things aren't looking so great. It's our head of digital, Morgan number two. Hi Morgan, to hear your questions. What nineteen eighty two Toto song whose title is a Place, experienced a resurgence when Weezer covered it in twenty eighteen Africa correct d. That was quick.
Speaker 15: It hasn't a found that too, don event down in Africa.
Speaker 3: That's it, Thank you, Morgan. According to the hit nineteen eighty one song by Tommy twotone, if you dial eight six seven five three oh nine, you will reach a woman with what name? According to the hit from nineteen eighty one from Tommy twotone, if you dial eight six seven five three oh nine, you will reach a woman with what first name?
Speaker 6: I know that song?
Speaker 5: Can you give me like never mind?
Speaker 7: Can you give you a hint?
Speaker 6: Is that what ask for the beat of the song?
Speaker 4: That's a hit. I can't really give you a hints.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. Nineteen eighty one Tommy two tone eight six seven five three oh nine.
Speaker 4: You will reach a woman with what first name?
Speaker 3: Ha ha?
Speaker 6: Why is that in my head? That way? Ha ha?
Speaker 3: Missy incorrect? Like why you can steal this?
Speaker 7: Yeah, give me that number again.
Speaker 3: Eight six seven five three oh nine.
Speaker 7: Nine you could get maybe Patsy.
Speaker 12: C Claw Yeah, uh no, Princess yeah, eight six seven three oh nine.
Speaker 3: Get Amanda on the line, Amanda.
Speaker 4: That's incorrect, Amy.
Speaker 15: Jenny, Jenny, it's six seven five, Yeah, that's why Morgan.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: The opening of.
Speaker 3: A crate and revealing a leg lamp is a pivotal scene. And what nineteen eighty three holiday classic movie?
Speaker 16: Yeah, that is National Lampoons of Christmas Vacation.
Speaker 3: That is incorrect, Lunchbox, and then Matters a Christmas story that's correct?
Speaker 7: Still lost?
Speaker 3: Did he lose? Was what the Let's watch three quick questions. You can't steal Here we go in two thousand and four Lunchbox. Who starred in New York Minute? What Sisters start in New York Minute? In two thousand and four? What what sisters starred in the movie New York Minute? In two thousand and four.
Speaker 7: Mary Kate and Ashley Olson? Correct? Lunchbox?
Speaker 3: What twenty eleven move features Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone is love interests, and there's a dance move pulled straight from Dirty Dancing on twenty eleven.
Speaker 7: Dance move Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in.
Speaker 10: The notebook is not right, But I'm going with the notebook because that's all I got.
Speaker 3: It's in correct, it's crazy super love, but it nevers in it really good. And then your final question for tie breaker, who sang I want it that way? I wanted that.
Speaker 7: Oh that's either Battery Boys are in sync. Give me, I'll go with the Battery Boys.
Speaker 3: Correct, Let's go the coining.
Speaker 7: It lands on the Bastory boys. Morgan, you better get three.
Speaker 3: What type of popular toys were known for their color, colorful hair and Jimstone belly buttons? What type of popular toys were known for their colorful hair and their Jimstone belly buttons.
Speaker 6: I'm scared to say anything trolls.
Speaker 3: Correct, Morgan. What nineteen eighty nine movie stars Michael Keaton as a DC comic superhero Batman? Correct for the when Morgan, these questions all about your generation ahead of you?
Speaker 4: I guess behind whatever older than you're older?
Speaker 3: What would you dial on the phone back in the day to call back the last number that called.
Speaker 16: You a few different things in my head.
Speaker 7: Walk it out.
Speaker 3: No, you can talk about.
Speaker 6: Star sixty seven, Star sixty nine.
Speaker 16: I think Star sixty nine was prank calls, so Star sixty seven would make more sense.
Speaker 6: But it was our star.
Speaker 3: Withzard Nah what would you dial on a phone to call back the last number that called you.
Speaker 4: And need an answer Star sixty seven.
Speaker 3: So Star sixty seven was prank called because that would block your number. Star sixty nine called it back.
Speaker 4: We have a time.
Speaker 3: Unless you guys want to go to a sudden tiebreaker death.
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I mean I love sudden tiebreaker death. Come on, it's a bingo ball. Oh oh, it's not a trivia now you've already seen. Write your number down. You can't pick it right, your number down one to seventy five. Just write it down.
Speaker 7: One to seventy five, right, o boy, Well.
Speaker 3: Draw the ping pong ball. I have it here, it's written down. What is your number?
Speaker 7: I am writing it down right now ahead.
Speaker 3: Your number is forty three, Morgan thirty five. The number is be four. Morgan is are winning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she gets the point. Morgan is a winner. If you want a better signal.
Speaker 3: There are actually a little tips that can actually make your signal on your phone better. If you get somewhere and it's like two bars, or you get some more and it's like the L G T. I don't know what the.
Speaker 6: Let sometimes so less.
Speaker 4: Oh that means you have no nothing.
Speaker 3: That means that means you can probably only do That means called nine one immediately, and you see that you need to call nine one one because so os here is lt E one that's the lower than the three G, which is the five G. Okay, So anyway, yeah, so first of all, if you're getting bad signal and you're inside and you need good signal, it makes sense move to a window, really, because there are obstruction. There are walls that even though these signals are coming through, it does take a little work for them to get through. Move to a window or walk outside. That's the first one that makes all the sense in the world, makes so much sense. I wouldn't have believed it if someone said it. Number two, take your phone case off. Oh I never do that, No, because you don't want to break the phone. You think you're gonna drop yourn immediatelyhen But also the glass is pretty strong unless you drop it just right. But they say pull off your phone case because it does block the phone's antenna, and for the most part, it doesn't bother it.
Speaker 4: But there are situations where if your signal.
Speaker 3: Is right on the borderline of being weak, then it does affect it just enough to where it hurts your signal. And then also the weaker your phone gets in battery, the weaker it is at transmitting and receiving signal because it doesn't have the juice, so your phone obviously needs to be charged.
Speaker 4: The whole taking the case off thing makes all the sense of the world.
Speaker 3: I would have never thought that was real, though, So I'm not stupid when I hold it up high. I don't think that's what they're saying. What do you mean.
Speaker 9: Yeah, like you said, get close to a window, Okay, that's the same thing as me getting a little close to the tower.
Speaker 3: It's not because there's still obstruction above. You a go outside and then do it. Well, if you go outside, though, it's gonna be able to get I do that too, though.
Speaker 4: I'm like, let me race this.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they do it all the time. It never I can get a little get a little cell if I were running for president. One of the things I would say as I were up on this podium, I would say, first thing I'm gonna do, I'm wanna make sure Apple never changes the charging plugs again.
Speaker 4: Oh you're here, We're never.
Speaker 3: I'm never allowing them to do that because I got like headphones that have that real skinny one.
Speaker 4: I got the phone now that has the new.
Speaker 3: One that also has the computer, and all of a sudden you're looking for charger of fan of charger.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's not the.
Speaker 7: One that fits.
Speaker 8: Yep, I do like the idea of it fitting the phone in the computer.
Speaker 6: So stupid, same charger.
Speaker 3: Get an uber and you're like, hey, can I do charger? I hear you go, Wow, doesn't fit. Doesn't fit. It's the dumbest thing. So that's about then. I'd worry about economy all that stuff. But first I would the chargers on the phone.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: All Right, thank you guys for being here this morning.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it. Call let's leave a voicemail if you want.
Speaker 3: Eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby, Oh, here's Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 8: A new study has found that the average American over forty five feels twelve years older than their actual age, and the biggest reason is joint pain.
Speaker 4: I don't want to jinx myself.
Speaker 3: My joints are pretty good, although I do get injured and it's hard for me to balance back fully because I don't heal as quickly, which I guess is part of aging. But I feel younger, however, except for my left side of my body. But I guess that's a big part of it. Like my left shoulder is killing me. I played rec league softball, and I played two games last week, and so I tore my rotator cuff in a couple of places. And then so I was compensating for not hurting that. So now my elbow hurts like crazy.
Speaker 6: Compensation will get you.
Speaker 3: I wonder if I'm ever gonna be healed up fully the rest of my life, like if I'm ever just gonna feel good again, because I still go hard, I still work out hard.
Speaker 4: I still we do a sports show, we go out and train with teams, like I'm no spring chicken. But also my brain feels young.
Speaker 3: I don't think we ever fully mature in our brains, where like I am mature as a thinking adult. You always feel kind of still young and goofy regardless of the age that you are.
Speaker 8: No, the more responsibilities we get as adults, especially as I become a parent and you know, all the adult things we have to do, I'm like.
Speaker 6: How, how why am I in charge of this? And how am I doing this?
Speaker 8: And I feel like I could be in college right now making stupid decisions and here I am raising people.
Speaker 4: Nobody has it all together. Yeah, some people.
Speaker 3: And I think adults are just better at either a faking it till they figure it out or be knowing that if they mess up, that's okay because they've already messed up a lot and they got through it just fine, and that they'll continue that all the way till they die.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I can get on more with that one.
Speaker 4: But I wonderfull ever heal up.
Speaker 8: No, I probably don't think you are, Like I don't unless the magic Injection Hill comes out. I think that we're just gonna be achy. So destination dupes is a new trend and it's people posting on social media, you know, hey, I'm at the beach and they act like they don't they're in another country that they're not in a beach, you know, just in Florida.
Speaker 3: So a dupe is if you have a fake purse, it can say proud on it, but if it's it's not a real product, it's really frau. Well it's not. Yeah, it's a fraud. It's a frada. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or anything that looks expensive as a knockoff is now called a dupe.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So if you have been really wanting to go to Tuscany, Italy, they say you can go to Napa, California, and there's certain parts of it where you can take pictures and people will never know where you are.
Speaker 3: The problem is it's still expensive to go there.
Speaker 6: It's not as expensive. It's not as expensive.
Speaker 8: Like also, if you've really wanted to go to Iceland Western Colorado.
Speaker 3: Okay, although I'd be pretty proud to sam in Western Colorado.
Speaker 6: Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: But guys, if you have to fake a vacation, you have problem. Yeh, that's real problem. That's sound good.
Speaker 4: Get off social media.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The final one here, Newport, Rhode Island is a good dupe for Nice France.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 3: I'll try that one.
Speaker 4: I just went to.
Speaker 3: I went to Nice and Can because work sent me there a few weeks ago. Eh, yeah, go to Rhadehighland. I've been in Newport.
Speaker 4: It's better. I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: It's cool for view like views and stuff.
Speaker 4: I worked the whole time, but.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't even let me in a restaurant because of your I had a collar. I had a collared shirt on. And I went up and it was daytime and it was an outdoor restaurant. And again I was in meetings for twelve hours a day, and so I'm like, I'm gonna get some food here. And I went up and they're like, oh, you know, not a meeting dress. Hold. They said it like that.
Speaker 6: Wow, so you heard it in your head?
Speaker 3: They literally said I did. They wouldn't let me in me they said yes, as they looked at his collared shirt, they were like, you're wearing beach attire. I'm like, I just got out of a meeting.
Speaker 4: There's not a single.
Speaker 3: Part of me this beach attire. They wouldn't let me in. So I haven't need a French rice since even though French fries are American made, it doesn't matter. Okay, go ahead.
Speaker 8: So over in Wales they've introduced the legislation that would make it a crime for politicians to lie.
Speaker 3: All of ours will be dead media electric chair.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, they would be the first country in the world to impose a sanction like this, and it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Speaker 3: Well, it would be tough to say if somebody was lying or if they were not telling the truth based on the knowledge they had when they thought they were telling the truth. If we could prove they knew and went up and then lied and what their gain was, then yeah, we should knock a few of them out around here. And we need to knock a few out just to prove we're serious. Then stop lying somebody.
Speaker 4: We mean knock them out, like kill them, Oh okay.
Speaker 3: With kindness, you didn't let me finish. And then if they don't like that, then we go got it with love. If they don't like that, okay, I don't kill anybody. But maybe there should be some sort.
Speaker 8: Of accountability for like a fine.
Speaker 3: But then they all take money out of the table. They just paint with that money. Okay, go ahead, pile.
Speaker 7: That was Amy's pile of stories.
Speaker 14: It's time for the good news.
Speaker 3: Bobby. A six month old cockapoo named Arthur, lost use of all four of his legs. It was discovered that the problem was related to the dog's spine not properly being connected from birth, so couldn't walk at all. So his owner, Natalie Jones, took him to a vet hospital. They did mr I scans, they did X rays and they were like, yeah, this is a spine issue.
Speaker 4: So you know what they did.
Speaker 3: They printed out one of those three D spines pieces of it and like supplemented the spine. I mean, it would be like building an axle. But they can just print it out. They can, it doesn't matter what. They can just run it. When you say pretty printer, I just picture the ones we have here at the office, but that he has almost what it looks like when it's coming out of the machine. Have you ever seen one, No, there's somewhat ish common now, especially on the internet.
Speaker 4: You can see them. It's almost like.
Speaker 3: You you pull up the flap and there it's like it came from a time machine or something. But it goes but it basically just it goes through and it kind.
Speaker 11: Of just shapes it based on the data that you put inside of it, much like a piece of paper with the ink, which is you know, very one dimensional.
Speaker 3: This is just that. But with like more, I would even say three dimensional. That's probably really it. Yes, but I mean that's why it's three So it's the same the exact same thing, just better technology. But yeah, they're printing all kind of stuff. They printed out a freaking part of this dog's fine. And now the dog actually is able to walk around. He's not doing any dog races yet or anything like that the basketball games, but like for sure giving him a second chance. So a big shout out to veterinary surgeon Rokio or Landy who led the surgical team. And now because of the three D printed technology and the spine, the dog's just chilling.
Speaker 8: Like we grew up with copiers, so seeing something copied, we're like, okay, wow, yeah that makes sense.
Speaker 6: And this is like this is.
Speaker 8: Back in the day whenever that first started. Were those people they're like, what you can copy one piece of paper?
Speaker 3: What like imagine a pilgrim.
Speaker 6: Their head around that they.
Speaker 8: Like in the future, I feel like, yeah, printers are going to be at work, Oh you need that real quick Oh at home, Oh you need that real quickly.
Speaker 6: We print that out.
Speaker 4: Let's kind of a fact machine.
Speaker 8: What no exper three D printers like in the future people are gonna probably have them at home.
Speaker 3: They already do. You can get one at home, I mean, but I.
Speaker 14: Mean from three years ago.
Speaker 3: I mean not every day people who knows the twenty years in the future will have time machines. Hey, but you can make anything like I need a coffee mug real quick. Oh yeah, yeah, that's easy. You can. You can get a three D printer from Walmart that does small things for two hundred bucks. What on earth?
Speaker 7: So why are we not just making our own product?
Speaker 6: Welcome to the future.
Speaker 3: I need new headphones, right, but you also have to Okay, but they have I'm not good to going through whatts do because I'm not super well versed in them. But I think about headphones says you have to have the wires technology. Okay.
Speaker 7: What if I need a new football for my kids because the dog too.
Speaker 3: I don't know how rubber. I'm not the expert here. Great job, doctor, I'm moving out at thirty printers. I thank you. That's what it's all about.
Speaker 7: That was telling me something good.
Speaker 4: There's a voicemail from Renee.
Speaker 2: Hi studio question for you. I'm just leaving work today and I'm humming a tune to myself, and I.
Speaker 6: Got thinking about lunchbox.
Speaker 2: He says he never has like an inner monologue. But does he ever just like hum tunes to himself? Does he ever just guess song stuck in his head? Just curious? Also, I think that would be a fantastic draft idea to do with the most annoying songs to get stuck in your head.
Speaker 4: That's a good one. No, we do that coming up.
Speaker 3: Do you ever get a song stuck in your head? Umm?
Speaker 7: Every once in a while I hear one, I'm like, oh, that's a good song.
Speaker 3: But like you can't shake it, And all of a sudden, you're like, man, why are I keep singing this?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: And I never a humus like when she was saying, do you ever a hummus? I never hum a song like just randomly like, oh, let me think that doesn't I don't even know what you just said there exactly.
Speaker 4: But he's not a big music fan.
Speaker 3: He admits it doesn't like music, doesn't need music, doesn't have an internal monologue, and I'm pretty jealous, has no anxiety. Yeah, stress lives life to the fullest like that I'm jealous of. So thanks you got me. I mean, I'm envious of that. Let me hum a song real quick. That's not a song? What are you singing?
Speaker 4: See he doesn't even know he was faking.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I don't sounded like that once.
Speaker 7: I didn't know the name of the song though.
Speaker 12: What is that?
Speaker 3: Crash test?
Speaker 4: Dummies?
Speaker 7: Then that's all I'm trying to do, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: All right, now, time for the morning Corny. Let's go the morning corny. Ninety seconds, guys, it's investigative.
Speaker 4: How many can you get?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: And yeah?
Speaker 6: Why did the librarian get kicked off? The plane?
Speaker 7: Too loud?
Speaker 3: Books playing dewey decimal hijacking? Jack, I got kill plane tear?
Speaker 7: Oh horror? What kicked off?
Speaker 3: What's the library?
Speaker 4: Library?
Speaker 3: Why what do they have? They have books? Book?
Speaker 4: Okay, books?
Speaker 15: Row?
Speaker 4: What's an air What would you do on an Airplane's book booked?
Speaker 7: You're booked? Over books? It was overbooked, that's it.
Speaker 6: Why did the pontoon get a promotion?
Speaker 4: The pontoon?
Speaker 3: Inflation?
Speaker 7: High inflation?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's a good emment.
Speaker 7: What wave rise?
Speaker 3: Pontoon is a boat. It's a house boat, it's a it's a vacation boat. There's a grill.
Speaker 4: The pontoon I used to do.
Speaker 3: I used to like green. It's got tubes. It got to raise because it was it was gonna flood.
Speaker 6: The promotion.
Speaker 8: Oh, why did the pontoon get a promotion?
Speaker 7: You got raised up?
Speaker 3: You gotta rose off the water a rose, no idea.
Speaker 7: I don't either the lake lake?
Speaker 3: Why did the lake?
Speaker 4: Why did the pontoon get a promotion? Why did it get lifted?
Speaker 7: Boat knock?
Speaker 3: Why did it get a better job?
Speaker 6: Anchor got it got a promotion?
Speaker 3: I don't have a promotion pontoon?
Speaker 7: It got an anchor?
Speaker 6: Why did the pontoon get the promotion?
Speaker 7: Got raised up? The dock went on?
Speaker 3: The water pressure on this one would be good.
Speaker 6: It was always on deck?
Speaker 3: What on deck?
Speaker 6: It's the next one up? It's on deck, like when you're up to that, you're the next one. You're on deck. Promotion, a promotion, you're on deck.
Speaker 3: For the you have one hour or and if you don't get it, we're going to kill you. We will be dead.
Speaker 7: We wouldn't have got it.
Speaker 3: There's no chance we would.
Speaker 4: That doesn't even make sense when you tell.
Speaker 3: It to us.
Speaker 7: But what what death is it?
Speaker 6: Because boats? Doc, that's deck on deck, on deck, I've never heard it.
Speaker 3: We've had a new low. It's not good.
Speaker 4: I didn't want to do the same because I think she wrong.
Speaker 3: Don't I don't either.
Speaker 6: You got one no, no, but we would.
Speaker 7: Have been rolling.
Speaker 6: How do you know?
Speaker 8: Okay, fine, if you would have gotten the next one.
Speaker 3: No, we did struggle with overbooke though.
Speaker 4: Let's be honest.
Speaker 3: We did. We got it though, I know.
Speaker 7: But then when we went to pontoon it was what it is.
Speaker 4: Some days are better than.
Speaker 6: I could have said.
Speaker 8: Just you know how the boat get or why did the boat get the promotion?
Speaker 6: But I like the alliteration of pontoon and promotion.
Speaker 3: Well, don't be chasing alliteration when it comes to jokes.
Speaker 7: The boat is not on a deck.
Speaker 3: Should we say something? We should say nothing striking CLII no stupid jokes, super jokes clarized, a hard stupid joke.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: Sometimes question is, and I'll read you the story. Is it okay to go bonkers in an airport or an airplane if the airline double books your seat?
Speaker 4: Now, let me tell you the story.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: We see a lot of these videos when people go nuts in an airplane, and I'm like, man, it'd be fun to take someone down. I don't think I would do it. I'd like to watch it and record it, and I don't want it have to land somewhere else. But if everything works out, that's kind of a fun experience. But also people when they get so mad in the airport and I'm like, it's not the person's fault working at the desk, Like you can yell all you want, They're just doing their job.
Speaker 4: So these videos are all over the place.
Speaker 3: I watched the video where this guy was going bonkers on an airplane, and I will hit the volume button and listen to it. I don't do that many videos. I don't hit the little speaker and listen to it, but this one I did. This guy refused to get off a flight from Los Angeles because they said we've double booked your seat and it was an international flight, so they said, hey, we need you to a plane, and he was like, I'm not, it's not money worthless, and then he continue, you don't I paid for it. They deducted it from my card. You haven't given me anything. It seems disrespectful that you'd sell me something you don't have. Then he saw people recording the video and he goes film what you want? I want to be famous. At that point, flight attendants threatened to get police involved, to which he hoped the quote Prosecutor's office could come down and file a report. Eventually, the man left the plane on his own volition because he didn't want to hold everybody else up the plane clatform. But they double booked his seat, two people in the same seat, and he wasn't able to go. It's luck of the draw. What's the luck get in there? But the other person. First of all, the fact they could both beep through that it would clear too that that's this dude handled it so right, because in the end he got off and was like, I'm getting if you're on the ground and they just screwed you over and you paid, and you're not taking it out specifically on a person, and you're not telling somebody either ugly or stinky, or you're not being vile to a singular person, but you are standing your ground. And when you see him filming, you're like, yep, loaded, I did nothing wrong.
Speaker 4: I want to be famous.
Speaker 3: He wanted to fus for this.
Speaker 7: He wanted this to blow up so the people could see he just got.
Speaker 6: Screwed yeah, I see.
Speaker 7: I don't mind.
Speaker 3: I don't like people blowing up on people because the person who's accepting it, for the most part, didn't do it. It's like when you get out of your waiter but the kitchen screwed up like they didn't do it, or.
Speaker 4: When you don't tip your waiter because the kitchen screwed up. It wasn't the waiter's fault. Now you're punishing the waiter.
Speaker 3: But when I watched the video, I felt I felt this guy and I don't think anybody's gonna be like, mm, he's crazy, because I think we all would have been upset.
Speaker 4: I think I would have.
Speaker 3: Probably been more of a coward and I'd been like, I guess that sucks for me.
Speaker 4: I'll go. I don't want to bonder anybody.
Speaker 3: But I watched it and like, in this instance, I felt he handled it pretty good. It's nice for him to leave because he didn't want to hold him up. Also, if he had stayed longer though they had arrested him, yeah, oh that's the real reason. I mean, yeah, you can't really, you can't really screw around on an airplane.
Speaker 8: But it seems that he left it like just the right time because they were Everyone's on his side though, and they're the screen clap for him because you've got people on your side instead of angry at you because now they can't take off.
Speaker 3: So I think it's okay to go nuts up to a point and as long as you're not attacking anyone specifically. But this dude had every right to be upset. Yeah, and he and he's like, make me famous because he wanted everybody to see he got screwed. They should give him an airplane or something. Oh, whole airplane. There's something they have to do more than just a like some extra miles or he had to miss an international flight. Oh and he did nothing wrong.
Speaker 8: What's wild is though, And I don't know the percentage, but they over book flights all the time.
Speaker 3: This too was overbooked, not Southwest because Southwest, well maybe if they do overbook, it's just a seats thing they do. But the fact that they would have signed multiple people seats because sometimes they overbook and they're like, oh, you're on the check in at.
Speaker 8: The counter and I flew American when I went to Atlanta for work or no, I was on Delta and I go up to the counter because I'm trying to get on an earlier flight, and I asked to be put on standby, and he said, hey, I'm just gonna be honest with you. It's not good. There's this many people on standby. And then also the flight's overbooked.
Speaker 6: I mean, and you have.
Speaker 8: Assigned seats there too, So I don't know what percentage of people either.
Speaker 6: Just don't show or cancel.
Speaker 8: But it was wild to me that they always just overbook, like so stressful.
Speaker 3: But I don't think they overbook into certain seats. I think they overbooked with some people, like they get that message where it's like come to the counter. I think those are the people where if you have like C seven, most of the time two people don't have C seven. That's not how the overbooking works. Okay, so this guy though computer glitch screwed him. Yeah, he said, make me famous. And you know what, buddy, I like it. I hope you get famous. I hope you get a year worth of free flights. I hope you are trying to get to a funeral. Oh yeah, I hope, Yeah, I hope, I hope.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That sucks for that dude.
Speaker 9: Could the airline give him like shares, nice of stock. Yeah, he starts doing commercials for them.
Speaker 3: Everything, And that is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. That is the end of the first half of the podcast. You can go to podcast two or you can wait till Podcasts two comes out. Thank you all This is me letting you know because of all the messages that this is the end of the first half of the podcast. Thank you all right, this is the end of the first half of the podcast.