Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan, I kill just the bits.
Speaker 2: Welcome, Welcome. This is part two of Best Bits.
Speaker 3: If you're just getting caught up on the Bobby Bone Show from this week, maybe you miss some things and you just want to hear the big segments.
Speaker 2: That's what this is all about. My name is Morgan.
Speaker 3: If you're new to this little party, but we've got a lot to talk about. It was a big week on the show. Before we dive in, be sure to check out Part one. In part three, Amy is joining me. On part one, we talked about some signs that I've gotten recently, and I got Amy's advice because she's like the sign queen. And we talked about what kind of friends we are in our friend groups, which is always fun to look at from a friendship aspect, and listener Q and A. We talked about Amy's kids and how we deal with body dysmorphia.
Speaker 2: So a lot of stuff on both of those to check out.
Speaker 3: I highly encourage you too, if you've never listened before, to see them.
Speaker 2: I promise it's good content and it's all.
Speaker 3: New you've never heard it on the show before, but this stuff you may have heard a few or none of it.
Speaker 2: Whatever you're here for, we're gonna dive in.
Speaker 3: These are the top seven segments from the show this week. We have a new champion in Elder versus Millennial. The championship game went down, which means that something's gonna rotate, whether it be the millennial or the elder.
Speaker 2: Something is getting rotated after this game.
Speaker 3: So you got to be caught up. No, what's happening? So, without further adode done, No, no, no, I wish I had like a Oh that was a good drum roll. Okay, Older versus Millennial Championship.
Speaker 4: Here we go.
Speaker 1: Number seven.
Speaker 4: It's trivia, it's Elder versus Millennial. It's Eddie, the oldest on our show. It's Swifty Lauren, the youngest on our show. Winter or this is the champions Yeah, this is it. Winner's the champion, Eddie. Let me introduce you first. First, he's the data four. I call him the Hispanic who don't panic. He just gave birth the ten butterflies and he sees the championship in his eyes. It's producer read ed Eddie. She'll know the answer to these. Okay, these are for you. What's the stitch is? A catchphrase from What two Thousand's Disney Show.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna play you a clip, So what's the sitch?
Speaker 6: What's this?
Speaker 4: Listen to the clip because there are also sounds in the clip. Obviously, go ahead, Okay, I like it. That's a good hint. Give me Veronica Mars. Wow, No, Lauren, you can steal him. Possible, Kim Possible is correct?
Speaker 6: What were the sounds?
Speaker 4: I was looking for?
Speaker 6: Like and stuff?
Speaker 4: He was doing compossible things, Eddie. What's the name of Taylor Swift's brother who shares his name with a city? She has a brother and he his name's as city.
Speaker 7: Oh that's Dallas Swift.
Speaker 5: I know she knows it.
Speaker 1: That's Austin, Austin Swift.
Speaker 4: Oh, my goodness, so close.
Speaker 7: It's three hours away.
Speaker 4: Lauren to Eddie zero, you could lose the championship, Eddie. Lady gud got wore a dress made in entirely of what at the MTV Video Music Awards in twenty ten. Meats correct, mates, all right, I got one, Eddie with one Swifty Lauren was two. Oh boy, oh boy, Lauren, are you ready?
Speaker 8: I'm feeling good? Yeah, I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Thunderstruck is a song from what classic rock band ac DC. My god, wow you know that?
Speaker 9: Holy crap?
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 9: You're on the ropes, Eddie.
Speaker 4: She gets any more, right, she's the champion, or if she misses it, then you miss it. She's the champion. Swifty Lauren, what's the name of the key chain size virtual pet simulation game that became popular in the nineties. Correct, winner wowow, And.
Speaker 3: He says, set out.
Speaker 4: I want to go to the champion a second, wow wow wow. But first I want to go talk to there. That was terrible. That was like going all the way to the super Bowl just to like not score a touch.
Speaker 5: She won Rookie of the Year and the super Bowl the.
Speaker 2: Same year, and that was a comeback because I was and a comeback true.
Speaker 4: Dang, she's good man.
Speaker 7: I'm I feel bad for the next challenger, whoever's going to challenge her.
Speaker 4: So, Lauren, who would you rather? Who do you want to be the elder against you the next round? Because that he's eliminated? Does you like for it to be Amy or lunchbox? You get to pick your elder man. You're picking your opponents.
Speaker 10: So you think you can beat that person that's trash talk, bolt and board material.
Speaker 4: So which who would you like to have as your elder starting next week?
Speaker 1: Oh, let's do Lunchbox.
Speaker 4: I want to touch his knowledge.
Speaker 10: You're about to get tested. Say no, because I don't know any of those answers. When I was listening that, I was like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Any of the swifty Lauren is the champion. The new elder will be lunch Box starting next week.
Speaker 9: I mean, here's the crazy part. Even the questions you ask her, I don't know the answer too.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you know the elder question.
Speaker 9: I don't know the elder question.
Speaker 4: Do you want to hear somewhere elder questions? Yea? If you got him. What was the name of the toy line that featured small plastic figures with exaggerated features and colorful hair. Oh troll been that you should know, Laura. I would have asked, Okay, how about this one. What's the occupation of Fraser and the show Fraser?
Speaker 9: Well, he does radio, but he's also a doctor, Fraser Kream.
Speaker 4: I accept it radio psychiatrist. Yep who is the actress that played Princess Leiah in the original Star Wars.
Speaker 9: I'm truly a Robbert correct.
Speaker 4: Fish. But see you did pretty good. He did pretty good. Lauren will see you next week, Lunchbox will see you next week too.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, everybody knows that Raymundo loves Sam Hunt, and I don't just mean like love, like he loves him and so well, Sam Hunt's going to be in Nashville. He had a concert last night. If you're listening to it Saturday air this weekend. He had a concert in Nashville on Friday, and basically, Raymundo wanted an inn. He wanted to go hang out with Sam Hunt, take shots of them, maybe even go on stage, and Bobby tried to pull some strings. So that's where you're gonna hear. You're gonna hear this whole setup and the result of that, but we don't have the full result. We're maybe gonna get that next week. We'll find out. So you got to be caught up on this bit before you hear the final result, Like did Raymundo get to hang out with Sam Hunt again?
Speaker 4: Number six, Raymundo wants to go to the Sam Hunt concert, which is happened as a tour night. Yeah, Friday night, yep, And he thought he was gonna get some secret surprise from Sam Hunt and you thought the surprise might be backstage passes. You thought it might be hanging out with Sam before the show. I don't know why you thought that, because nothing really led you to believe that was happening. Maybe Vegas. I got backstage, Yeah, because I got you backstage because I called and said Sam Ray would like to come back, right, So I knew it was possible, so I kind of had my Hey, I didn't know it was on me to do this too.
Speaker 11: No, no, not you. I told you there was other people involved, Adam. There's our sales guy, Alex.
Speaker 4: But never trust the sales guy. He said he's got some hook ups. What they say, Oh so Alex hooks you up?
Speaker 9: Of course?
Speaker 4: Right, well, he said, I don't even know who Alex is. I'm just saying he's at Atlanta is how do you know that.
Speaker 10: He comes in all the time he works with, saying Jude, Yeah, yeah, he's a good dude from Atlanta.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I take it back, Adam, what's up, buddy, I take it back. I want to meet Alex Ray. But you're basing that off. The last time when I Sam and I have the same management. So I just called and said, hey, can Ray come back whenever he gets there, and they said, yeah, of course, you never told me to do that again, right right.
Speaker 11: I didn't want it to be the same thing. I have a big thing against that. I'm not trying to do exactly what I did in Vegas. I want it to be different.
Speaker 4: Maybe more, yes, no, different as in more he wants to do shots with them on stage. I know there's aspects of a show you do understand. No, no, no, I shouldn't say it like that, Hey, Ray, what's up? Hey. So a lot of times someone like Sam, when they're doing their show, if it's full bait and it's not just them playing acoustic, which good, they play kind of onto it what's called a click track, and during the song everything it can't really be affected with, so you'll hear in their ears or you know, Eddie's in my ears, We'll hear with the music because that keeps everybody on the same page. So there's not a lot of hey, let's bring Ray up in the middle of a song, and they did. They just play you know, unless I rehearse that. You got to play and rehearse that. Now, Sam may run wild and free. I don't know how he does this show, but a lot of artists in a big place like that, they are run on a click track. Yeah, maybe in between, maybe they're like, Ray, let's do a shot, and like Luke Combs does where he does a beer that's not to a song. I was gonna say, that's not a click track. Oh that's not. But maybe just up in the middle. But I just can't see him doing house party and being like in the middle of the song where it's Ray all right, I didn't know that. Okay, what do you I will text right now what do you want?
Speaker 6: No, don't ask him that.
Speaker 4: No, No, what's your dream? What's your dream? Just tell me your dream? Because I even called Sam and asked him to play the million dollar show at the Riamon.
Speaker 12: Wow, you say you're gonna call an another favor.
Speaker 5: Nope, I'm gonna text it.
Speaker 6: You're gonna waste your favor on that.
Speaker 4: I wasted the favor on Sam to play with us for charity, which I don't feel. It's a massive gift for him to come in on a Wednesday night and do that. I will because we have the same management. I will text Sam's manager and say, hey, Ray's dying, this is his last wish. There you go, that'll get it not bad. He wants a shot? What do you what do you want during house party? I can't ask for something on stage if he doesn't do something. Does he do that normally? Definitely not. I thought that's a direction we were going.
Speaker 11: But if it could be a pre show type thing where I can do some live footage, I'm down with that.
Speaker 4: I'm your breaking news. You're gonna stream it? No that. Sam's a very private guy. I know he's not gonna want you streaming. Hanging out before why not? He said, dream big, Okay, I'll be like, you're live.
Speaker 9: Sam.
Speaker 4: He's like, get that out of my face. I've got a show. I can't. I can't. I don't know, man, I can't ask that. Give me something reasonable shots before the show? Great, thank you shot. I don't even know if Sam's doing shots. You know, got two kids now.
Speaker 11: Right, Usually it's the band, but he would be there. I mean there's there's waters that people do.
Speaker 4: Stand by waters like shoot shoot waters yea by stand by hey man, we're on the air. Ray Mundo is in love with Sam, obviously, and whenever we did the Vegas show. We sent Ray back and Ray met him and you know, when Sam comes up, he gives Ray a shirt or something. I don't even know if Sam knows who Ray is, but Ray has requested as his dying wish. That's something I tell you about later, but it's private because it's it's medical hippa that before the show or the set, if Sam does any sort of pre show shot, if there's any chance Ray could be and do that shot with them, and just have somebody get a video of that so he can record, not to be too and true. And if the answer is no, no, just say no. But we're on the air and I owe it to Rake. I'm gonna miss him. It's hip hippop. I can't tell you, but I'll tell you later. I know that shows he'll then. Yeah, he should still be around. R should still be around by day hopefully, hopefully. If this is just a big fat no, let me know, anything you send me could be played on the air. If you send me a voice memo back legal, thank you, Thanks dude.
Speaker 6: You feel good about that. Ray?
Speaker 4: I mean you got.
Speaker 11: Bones same management still or you know the people to call the same management or right, nobody else has got those kind of connections.
Speaker 4: So what if you have to show up like in a wheelchair now or something.
Speaker 6: No, no, ok, you gotta play it out.
Speaker 10: Yay.
Speaker 4: You gotta do what you gotta do, buddy. No, I'm not doing that.
Speaker 7: Why he's got an ivy drip he walks around with it.
Speaker 4: I can't believe I just sent that. I can't.
Speaker 6: I can't believe.
Speaker 4: I love Ray and it's hilarious and outside chance it works, that would be sick. I may not get it back before tomorrow or but are you gonna go to the show anyway? Yeah? And the show is tomorrow night?
Speaker 9: Okay, So you do have tickets?
Speaker 4: I mean, Alex, you didn't even say you need a ticket. I literally just had him on and you didn't say you need a ticket.
Speaker 12: Didn't you just want a message? You can leave another one. It was a voice text that I was making sure that he has tickets.
Speaker 4: Thank you. Also, Ray doesn't have tickets. This is so dumb. Well, all of his money, all money wanted medical bills, and Alex was supposed to go to John and somebody promised Ray tickets and then they weren't able to get him. Now I'm embarrassed. Okay, thank you and let me hit me back. That's went in a weird direction. Man sent All right, now I go back. Ray just died.
Speaker 6: Is there anyway can Eddie go?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 9: We thought Ray was gonna already be in the building.
Speaker 4: I thought Ray was going to be there. And it's like, hey, Ray, go on back and meet or see Sam. But it's like Ray, Hey, Ray doesn't have a car. Is there any way you can buy my car to get there? Okay? I will let you know if we get a message back. All right, Yeah, that sounds good. You feel okay about all that?
Speaker 7: I feel great, way better than before the bit you do, even the whole line story of the dying.
Speaker 4: And now he'll know that's my that's my guy. Okay, who's over every Well, he'll know that you're that Ray's not dying. He'll think Ray's not dying. And also when I said when Amy Amy fed me the funny joke of all his money is going money wanted medical bills whenever she laughed out loud when I said it, I think that probably tipped it off. Okay, I'm gonna play Sam. Now, Rad you have a request? What song you gonna do? House parties since that was what you asked, ye okay, And if he comes back and says, yeah, Ray can do a shot or something, I'll be like, now he wants to go on stage, but I can't elevate until I get to an already uncomfortable position. Yeah, I get it. Ray Mundo, our producer does all the audio, wants to go to Sam Hunt tonight. Sam hunts in town. I assumed you already had tickets, because like, I just want to go on stage. Well, you can't get on stage if you're not in the It turns out he didn't even have tickets, so I had to reach out to somebody, like, can Ray get tickets to the show tonight? And he really wants to go do shots with Sam Hunt, which is a weird ask because Ray's in love with Sam And so I'm here, do you want to hear? The message is God, I don't know what's said yet. Here we go.
Speaker 13: Hey, Bobby heard the request from Ray, and man, I think there needs to be a restraining order against him. But with all of that said, in the spirit of trying to support Ray and Sam, I've reached out to their camps to see if there's anything we can do, could be fun. It's not something I can necessarily make the decision on.
Speaker 4: So I'm just connecting with them and I'll come back to you as soon as I have any kind of answer.
Speaker 13: Hopefully we can make Ray's dreams come true, because that's what I live for, is to make his dreams come true.
Speaker 4: So he's joking a little, but yeah, he's gonna try.
Speaker 9: But he didn't even say anything about tickets.
Speaker 4: That's Dray's dream. But I said tickets. I'm sure they I don't know. It doesn't sound good bones See I didn't even sound like tickets.
Speaker 14: Man.
Speaker 11: I think we're more positive now than we were back then. I think I was like twenty percent chances happened. I'd say fifty to fifty.
Speaker 4: I would say, I think you'll get tickets. It's not really hard.
Speaker 12: I felt a ticket vibe.
Speaker 4: But I and maybe you can do something where you go say hi, Yeah, I can always do an Instagram post for what. I don't know how to tour hashtag Sam Sam Man.
Speaker 7: I know that he's joking a little bit about the calling the police training order, but like Ray needs to chill on that.
Speaker 4: Well, he posts on every Sam Hunty Instagram. It's funny though, but in real life though, it goes in seasons right, like it's really funny, but then he does it a little too much where it's like then it gets creepy, but then he's so creepy it kind of gets funny again, so it's it just kind of bounces back and forth.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 11: And also my last post for on Sam's Instagram haven't got many likes, so it is actually crossing the line.
Speaker 4: I imagine what you say. Uh, well, the last one, I only got one.
Speaker 11: Like he just posted Grand Rappids Louisville, Chicago and kind of promoting his tour, and I said, missing that carousel in Nashville.
Speaker 4: But soon, my bro Friday, am ditching all plans.
Speaker 11: I'm finna get house drunk at Fifth and B grease a worker with five bucks for top shelf. Downtown's dead, gonna hit different once you played that one, since Downtown died when you and me moved to the country. Yeah, only one, Like, that's a long beau finish it.
Speaker 4: You wrote an essay.
Speaker 12: Hold on I Yes, Sam Hunt moved to the country and Ray moved. Is this why I wrote to move in the country?
Speaker 2: In which direction of town to you.
Speaker 4: I'm sure to ask you an honest question. Do you know where Sam lives?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: But I mean I imagine it's Expensive Land.
Speaker 5: But do you know what I'm not gonna say, but do you know where?
Speaker 4: Could you drive to his house? If I said, hey, Ray, one hundred bucks drive to Sam's house right now, I wouldn't be able to find it.
Speaker 11: But I know where the expensive Land is, and I know that's where all the country artists live.
Speaker 4: No, that's okay, Expensive Land. Have fun. I'm sure I can get you tickets. I don't know what that's going to be as far as like what you can do with Sam. But it just is a bit aggressive.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Even that man guys on this Instagram post it's eight lines long going down. Yeah too much. It's more than what.
Speaker 5: He wrote in the body of the message under the picture.
Speaker 4: It made me laugh. I mean, I guess he didn't think it was funny, or any of his fans wrote yeah, Mikey's you the one like it? Or it's somebody named Sarah kay Ryan thirteen, so a true fan.
Speaker 5: Her account's private.
Speaker 6: True fan of Ray's comments.
Speaker 5: Okay, we'll find out. I hope you get to go to Sam tonight. That'll be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you. Top three favorite Sam songs Downtown's Dead, number one, House party to.
Speaker 11: Ecstasy, Wow, Ecstasy, Ecstasy, Rascal you Wow.
Speaker 4: By the way, Sam's playing the Million Dollar Show, which is Eddie and I's show at the Ryman.
Speaker 6: Ray will not go to the third.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's playing with us. You can do some songs and Ray will not be in the building, So get it out of your system.
Speaker 12: Buddy, What is ecstasy about?
Speaker 4: It's an old one. It's on the right you taught you tell us. It's an album cut. It's a play on words. Ecstasy is one thing. It also is X like ex girlfriend, like.
Speaker 5: On the mixtape, was on the like the early No way he's.
Speaker 6: Playing that one, but yeah, right, you liked that.
Speaker 4: Love in the back of the trap of the t down there and speakers. I mean that's the first song where somebody talked in a song. Yeah, started the whole trend. No, it's not, but he brought it back around. But Johnny Cash talked in songs. Mm hmm.
Speaker 9: He just gave him my answer.
Speaker 5: Good luck.
Speaker 4: Ray. I hope tonight it's awesome and I'll let you know if I get an update on tickets or being able to go to Sam's no, being able to be around Sam at some point tonight.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, huge news for Amy's daughter. She was able to change her name at school. And that name is going to surprise you because I don't think anybody could have predicted this. That's her name unless you've heard kind of some of the segments of Amy talking about it before.
Speaker 8: But if you.
Speaker 3: Haven't, you're gonna be like, wait, what And it's just at school. It's not in her day to day life, just at school. So you're about to meet Amy's daughter with her new name for the first time.
Speaker 4: Number five, we had mentioned it just in passing a bit a few weeks ago. But Amy's daughters to Shira, which is what I know we're in call her as. But she decided a school she want to be a different name.
Speaker 12: Yeah, says her given name by her mom and Haiti.
Speaker 4: And so she's been probably not common.
Speaker 12: As long as I could know her.
Speaker 4: Probably not common a common name, yeah, but.
Speaker 12: She likes her name, and that's what she's known, like, you know, church outside of Shira to Shira. But then at school she decided to change her name to Diamond.
Speaker 4: That's a legit name. Yeah, And I also wouldn't mind going they let you do that.
Speaker 12: Well that at school they say, you know you, you have your name, and then I guess they say, is there a nickname you have or what name would.
Speaker 4: You like to be called? Like, if there's a Charlie and let's go by Chuck, right natural, if there's a my real name is Bobby, it's not Robert. So but if there's a Robert and let's go by Bobby or the comments to share it a Diamond, same good transition. Yeah.
Speaker 12: So this is way back at the beginning of the school year, and I didn't learn it from her. It was that she was she had signed up for an extracurricular club and so they had a roster sheet where everybody kind of signed in. And then I sent an email about it because there was like a thirty dollars dues or something for the year, and so I emailed about that and said Amy Brown's Toashira's mom and she replied back, I don't have this to share on the sign in sheet. And I'm like, huh, that's weird because she's all excited she talked about it.
Speaker 4: And named Diamond Brown an awesome name. Yeah.
Speaker 12: That teacher replied, or the whoever the sponsor was for the club, and she said, oh, you're talking about Diamond, and I thought, oh am I when she got home.
Speaker 4: You know, girl friends call her dime, then dime, because you know, diamond is little. Too many syllables, go dime.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Diamond's two syllables, Diamond, it's not too many?
Speaker 4: Yeah, too many.
Speaker 12: Even though it's been months, I still get caught off guard.
Speaker 4: We call lunchbox.
Speaker 5: That's two syllables, lunchbox.
Speaker 12: No, we called lunch No, it's it's diamond.
Speaker 4: But Eddie one syllable, ed No, I just go Eddie. Okay, you guys learned it by that the clap yeah Edie. Yeah. I didn't even I never even knew how to do syables til I got the clap, and then all of a sudden, I had I knew how to do it. The clap. Yeah.
Speaker 12: So, but I meet some of her friends and her friend's mom, like the other day of a friend's mom came to pick up the friend and she was like, Oh, we're just so glad that diamonds in our life.
Speaker 4: That we've met Dion.
Speaker 12: That's crazy and I kind of I kind of get caught off guard every time it happens, and then I'm like, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and then you don't call it that at all.
Speaker 12: No. No, Sometimes if i'm you know, funny, how is Diamond's day?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And you know, yes, So you're not legally going to change it.
Speaker 12: No, she doesn't want to. Everywhere else she's her.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what would you like your name to be changed? If you could these? But the problem is you lose every bit of right name recognition you have, and it's it's like starting over. Okay, would you want to change.
Speaker 12: Your name if for the sake of this No?
Speaker 5: No, no, just would you change a name if that was an option on this show?
Speaker 4: For now on? You get to go buy whatever you want. But we change all the promos. We never address that you used to be amy. No, we just call you your new name.
Speaker 12: No. I would keep my everything. I mean, I'm not even changing my last name from my marriage.
Speaker 4: Was that part of the settlement? No, you keep it, that's one thing you have to keep.
Speaker 12: No, but I feel like that's for the last seventeen years. It's a kid and the kids.
Speaker 5: Yes, so you don't want to change your name?
Speaker 7: No, okay, Eddie man, I thought about it, like I like Willie. I think Willie Garcia would be really cool. Willy's pretty cool, right, But I can't change it. I can't change I have two more any things under my name, and then I'm gonna do smoking chicken.
Speaker 4: It's got to be anybody.
Speaker 9: He's not doing.
Speaker 4: Willly smoking chicken.
Speaker 6: I don't know Willy.
Speaker 4: I don't know. Oh Willy, then nothing like Willie Nelson. Willy's more of a smoking chicken.
Speaker 6: Maybe we got something here.
Speaker 4: I know Lunchbox wants to change it. What would you change it to?
Speaker 9: Sex symbol?
Speaker 4: We just have to call you sex sex dude? Hi?
Speaker 9: Sex? What up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Would you change?
Speaker 4: No? Not even Bob, not even to Bob. We did that bit once for we had a bunch of things cut where it was the Bob Bone Show, like an April Fools to mess with people, and I didn't like that. I don't like that feels Bob feels Bob feels older. It feels not only older, but like I have the the balding ring on my head.
Speaker 9: I can see that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you know it feels good?
Speaker 9: Sex?
Speaker 12: What stop?
Speaker 5: To be called that he's saying.
Speaker 6: That's not what he was saying.
Speaker 9: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sex, I hear you, buddy.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 9: You guys just don't understand.
Speaker 4: Hey, what about be Well, that is short for Bobby. I know you call me that sometimes our bone, but you can spell like b E bones bb bones bones one syllable. You try to achieve a nickname with one syllable. That happens a lot. That's true, it looks.
Speaker 6: But you wanted to be sex symbol.
Speaker 4: Well, that his full name, that's his full first name.
Speaker 10: Yeah, but he said we would shortened to sex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is like sex. I'll consider it, thank you, okay, Okay, say I'm gonna go with it for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, boy, I don't think I can call him that every day.
Speaker 4: I will not, so let me say it left. We're practicing a bit all right. Time for the bonehead story the day. Let's go over to sex this story. Yeah, pretty good.
Speaker 6: That's a funny one sex.
Speaker 4: Hey, that's good sex.
Speaker 9: Thanks what I do?
Speaker 4: Okay, guys, I'll consider it. Let me give me, give me a couple of days. You guys call us if you want. Eight seven seven seventy seven, Bobby Sex, how you feeling today.
Speaker 9: I'm feeling great.
Speaker 10: Of course you are worn out, He's.
Speaker 4: Saying, I have three kids. It's tired, right, have three kids.
Speaker 6: That's how you have kids.
Speaker 4: No, he is all right, right, right, sorry, sorry, giggling the whole time.
Speaker 10: You guys gotta rued it, You guys gotta quit being immature.
Speaker 4: Yes see, now we have to go all right.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 9: Number two.
Speaker 2: So there was a situation at the studio.
Speaker 3: Some flowers arrived and Lunchbox was like, oh my gosh, Morgan's in love. Well, it turns out a very kind listener named Dave sent me some flowers, very beautiful flowers, and well, the guys wanted to call him and talk to him, find out why he's in the flowers, and find out what he's all about, basically acting like my older brothers. And that's what you're about to hear is the call with Dave. So shout out Dave, like really cool that you sent flowers and it's really awesome. And now are you gonna hear Bobby, Lunchbox Eddie act like my big brothers.
Speaker 4: Number four, Okay, on the phone is Dave, we're not gonna put him up yet, right he can't hear me right now, right right, like on hold, he can't hear me.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, well no, I said, don't put him up yet. Oh boy, now he can.
Speaker 4: Morgan, you're not here, okay, I'm not here, So don't don't make a noise. Don't do your thing where you fall down because your eyes are almost up. Don't do that thing where you can't take for mill. Yeah. So Dave sent Morgan flowers. Dave lives in Ohio, and he sent Morgan flowers because.
Speaker 3: Why he thought I deserve to have them on Valentine's Day because I'm single, and I didn't get any.
Speaker 4: And he didn't really leave a message as to like, hey call me as far as I come, I'd love to take you out. It was just like, here's some flowers.
Speaker 3: He was just like, if you'd like to show appreciation, here's my number.
Speaker 2: But it's not it's not needed.
Speaker 4: Oh well, Dave's on now. Morgan is officially she's off right now, and but the three big other's gonna hop in here and no, no, no you oh oh it's it's due. We're intimidating. Oh yeah, what was budd.
Speaker 6: Because, yeah, what are your intentions with Morgan?
Speaker 4: I'll do a sound effect? I got a shot again, all right, put them on right? Hey Dave, what's up, buddy?
Speaker 14: How much? How you guys doing do it pretty good?
Speaker 4: Uh? It's just me, Bobby, Eddie and Lunchbox here talking with you. And thanks for taking a few minutes to talk with us. Because we saw that you send the flowers up here. We thought that was super sweet of you, right guys, Yeah, yeah, So so tell me what what motivated you to send flowers to Morgan?
Speaker 14: I don't know. She said she really didn't have a good memory for Valentine's Day, so I hope I could help. I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Do you follow her on Instagram? Like, have you seen what she looks like? Like you feel like you know a little bit from her social media posts?
Speaker 14: Yeah? And I listened to the radio too cool?
Speaker 4: Do you what do you?
Speaker 14: Fellow? You guys?
Speaker 4: Oh? Thanks? Man? What do you feel like you have in common with Morgan? Because I would see this because they were like rote different roses. They were legit, I like, but semi half romantic, not just hey buddy, buddy. It was like maybe something could happen romantically from this? What do you think you and Morgan have in common that would let you guys hit it off?
Speaker 14: Honestly, I'm not really sure. I mean, I wasn't really trying to be oh like, super romantic, considering I live in a completely other state, but considering this is also for Valentine's Day and whatnot, so I figured just kind of went with a theme.
Speaker 4: That's good to know.
Speaker 6: So, David, you're just being a nice guy.
Speaker 14: Someone flowers, yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 4: Are you married?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: Good deal. I just turned to throwing that real quick.
Speaker 14: That would kind of be a yeah, bad, bad thing if I was.
Speaker 9: Are you dating?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: I am not.
Speaker 4: Have you been married?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 4: Have you been dating?
Speaker 14: Not married? No kids? Been dating?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 14: So you've been on recently?
Speaker 4: But are you on the apps?
Speaker 14: I'm on some of them? What's kind of giving up on them? I just worked too much?
Speaker 4: I felt that, buddy, what celebrity would you say? You mostly client? Good? Question of.
Speaker 14: The bad guy from the Matrix series, I can't remember his name?
Speaker 4: Is that Lawrence Fisher? Lawrence Fishbern yea Lawrence Fishburn.
Speaker 14: No, he was a good butt, he was a.
Speaker 4: Good Oh that's true.
Speaker 14: That's true. Yeah, the one, Agent Smith. That's what his name was. I can't remember his celebrity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, agent Smith. Yeah, his name is Hugo Weaving. That's who you. I don't even that is. That's he's a good looking do you think so? Huh?
Speaker 9: How oldfl are you?
Speaker 4: Hugo sixty three?
Speaker 5: Oh, Hugo sixty three?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: And I guess maybe if you look like.
Speaker 9: He's only forty three, I mean that's yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you got a job he does?
Speaker 6: He works a lot.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I drive a semi for a living.
Speaker 4: Oh so you drive around into other states?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 10: So yeah, and Morgan psychic said she was going to meet someone from out of state.
Speaker 4: Okay, follow me here. Ever, are you driving regionally nationally? Are you talking to a CDL license?
Speaker 14: And yeah? I primarily drive in Ohio and miss again.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's so region the regional there. Yeah, Okay, have you ever been to Nashville?
Speaker 14: Actually? No?
Speaker 4: Oh man, this is getting better and better. If you were to take Morgan on a date, what kind of date would you take her on a first date?
Speaker 14: Honestly, I got no idea. I'm not really familiar with Nashville because I have.
Speaker 4: Let's say she came to your town. Let's say we center up.
Speaker 14: There this time of year. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 4: Put her in the big room, let her pull them. Yeah. What kind of cargo you moving around?
Speaker 14: Automotive parts for jeep?
Speaker 4: How big old boy are you?
Speaker 3: Jeep?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: Morgan, you're not here?
Speaker 4: I I okay, I'm gonna get it. I'm gonna get back.
Speaker 14: How big that's Amy?
Speaker 4: How big old boy are you?
Speaker 14: Like? Two hundred and twenty height?
Speaker 4: Though?
Speaker 14: Oh? Six?
Speaker 9: What okay?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 4: Pretty solid guy? Us? Yeah? No, no, just a six you're not even six five six foot man? Amy?
Speaker 5: My, my my friend, Amy's coming through my ear?
Speaker 4: What did you mean? Dad?
Speaker 15: Say?
Speaker 4: Oh, he's the jeep? Morgan tries a jeep.
Speaker 12: Yeah, they have that in common.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Is it that brand jeep? Or do you move jeeps?
Speaker 14: Just the brand of Paul? Like door parts?
Speaker 12: A door part?
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, let's do one question. Let's decide if he's good enough for our girl or I yeah, lunch box. What do you want to ask? Dave here?
Speaker 9: How much money you got in your bank accounts?
Speaker 5: That crazy question to ask, but I'm here for it.
Speaker 14: Enough to fix my truck?
Speaker 6: Boom Eddie, have you ever been arrested Dave.
Speaker 14: No, that's good.
Speaker 4: So mine was going to be sexual registry, but he's no, he's not been arrested because we don't have to know where he lives by the dogars and all that. Yeah, uh, what is your let's your My question is today?
Speaker 6: What are you like?
Speaker 5: Three hobbies you enjoy doing the most.
Speaker 14: I enjoy building firearms. I enjoy drawing and online gaming with a couple of friends of mine that live nowhere near me.
Speaker 4: I felt that I love the online gamming part. Don't like to draw sounds like you're in a militia. The first part build fire arm.
Speaker 14: I just plays a preparnology behind him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, well we're going to take these notes and give them the Morgan and I think if you ever come to Nashville, you should let us know because that was very nice of you. Aside from everything else, that was very sweet of you. Oh, morgan'salking into the room. Now we say hi, Morgan. Morgan's here. Hello. We were talking to Dave. You don't know anything about Dave, but he seems like a really great guys.
Speaker 5: What do you want to say?
Speaker 4: You just say thanks? What do you want to say? Difference for the flowers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dave, thanks for the flowers. That was really sweet of you to think of that, and they're really pretty flowers. That was just a really kind gesture for someone that you just kind of know through the internet.
Speaker 14: So thank you.
Speaker 4: Good guy, Dave. Right here, good guy, Dave, good guy. Da All right, Dave, here's what I think. I think if you ever come to Nashville. I can't promise you a date with Morgan because I'm really not her pimp, but I would love to meet you. Come by the studio say high to us, and Morgan would be a part of that group, So let us know if you ever come by.
Speaker 6: I can do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I really appreciate the gesture toward her and just of kindness. I think that goes a long way just in life. So thank you, and hopefully we'll talk again soon and let us know if you're ever come in this way. Hong Kong.
Speaker 14: All right, sounds good.
Speaker 4: Listen, I like Dave, do I think it's a match. No, sounds like a nice guy though, Yeah, sounds like a nice guy. I'd like the game with him a little bit. But I feel like you play shooter games. Don't play shooter games, right, right.
Speaker 6: The drawing and the firearms threw me off.
Speaker 4: They're building firearms. I have guns, but I don't build them, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right, right, But yeah, and he seems maybe potentially too laid back for me, like when you were like, okay, well what would you do for a date?
Speaker 4: There was nothing there, But we also gave him no heads up. He could be a little nervous.
Speaker 3: Okay, hey, Lunchbox, if you get a date with like a girl you sent flowers to, like you scored it, where are you taking her.
Speaker 4: On a date?
Speaker 9: My house?
Speaker 4: All right? Well, Dave, Dave's a nice guy. Not a love connection, but a very nice guy. Thanks man, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week With Morgan.
Speaker 3: Number two, Lunchbox almost went to jail, Like he almost got arrested when he was at his kids school. This whole thing went down because we were doing pick a bit. We're like, you just send in like a really catchy headline and you get the show to bet on it, and most of the time it's kind of clickbaity, right, like that's the whole purpose you want the bit to be picked.
Speaker 2: But Lunchboxes was.
Speaker 3: Not clickbaby at all, Like he said, Lunchbox almost went to jail, and he did. This story is crazy and, as Bobby said, like one of the best picka bits we've ever had. So I don't know that anything's going to be able to measure up to this. I'm sure we'll find a way, but this is a great story, so be prepared. The tables have turned. Lunchbox be calling nine one one on all kinds of people. It happened to him number three.
Speaker 4: It's democracy with bits. Here we have four people that have submitted a bit pick a bit. Lunchbox scent has been in he said. For pick abit, I like to suggest this bit Lunchbox almost lost his family and almost spent the rest of his life in prison. You don't want to miss this. We back after Morgan Wallen Okay even wrote the t's points for that. Morgan wrote, I had my first experience with the UFO and now I'm scared ood that's one of the bits we could pick. RAYMONDO wrote, cops on my doorstep. Raymond, who already had a cop come to his new house, flash his badge. That's interesting, it is, And then Eddie has I have a way the Lunchbox keep to Ultima running for a long long time. I found a way this could be possible if he really wants it. This is legit, man, So the voters will be me Amy and Mike d Amy. Of those bets you got Lunchbox in the family thing, got Eddie and the ultima Morgan in the UFO ray at the copp at his doorstep.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I want to hear lunchboxes.
Speaker 9: Thank you, Amy, Yes, let's go.
Speaker 4: Mike. Don't want to know how he lost his family going lunch vote? Then my vote doesn't matter. So Lunchbox and what were you gonna vote? My vote doesn't matter.
Speaker 9: Now I would like to hear who are you gonna vote for me? Is it a unit? Is it a sweet?
Speaker 4: I was gonna vote for Morgan? Ah, but we don't get to do it. Pick a bet time, Lunchbox. The bet has been picked.
Speaker 9: Are you ready to do it right now? Or you want to come back after Morgan Walling?
Speaker 4: We No, we don't have Morganwalla to play. And secondly, we just did the tease for it. Here's here is the pitch. Lunchbox almost lost his family and almost spent the rest of his life in prison. You don't want to miss this, right So.
Speaker 10: I got a note from my kid's daycare saying that one of my kids when they go out to recess, doesn't like they give you a progress support, doesn't interact with other kids, kind of plays by himself. And I'm like, is my kid a loser? Like does he not have friends? I'm gonna see if like this is true. So I know what time they go out to the playground. So there's a parking garage that you can go and you can look over the fence you crept on your kid. So it's around two thirty in the afternoon. So I went, got some Chick fil A, rolled up there in the parking garage in the ultima, sat on the hood and peeked over while they.
Speaker 6: Played on the playground with binoculars.
Speaker 9: Not with binoculars.
Speaker 5: I like preschoolers.
Speaker 6: I get older.
Speaker 10: But someone in a nearby office building saw me sitting in my hood looking into the playground.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just a creepy guy.
Speaker 9: Yeah, And they called lung eating my lunch.
Speaker 4: I do it every day.
Speaker 9: They called police.
Speaker 10: Yeah, And so the police came up in the parking garage to figure out what I was doing doing And I.
Speaker 4: Told him all my kids, you told him your kid got a progress.
Speaker 10: Report, and so they had to go down to the school and verify that my kid was on the playground. And I was not just some dude looking at the playground?
Speaker 14: Is this real?
Speaker 9: Also?
Speaker 5: Not that I'm for it.
Speaker 4: Can you not just be a dude looking at the playground?
Speaker 6: That's not a good look, I know.
Speaker 4: But to cops arrest somebody for just looking at a playground.
Speaker 6: No, but they look into it. They're investigating.
Speaker 9: I let's say, I'm taking pictures of the playground, but you weren't though where you know?
Speaker 4: Okay, But I'm saying, mediot are you sure?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 4: What did you okay? Too? I want to go first? What did you see it with your kid? H?
Speaker 10: He does kind of, but he is two, so I don't know if two year olds really play together. It's more, you know, he's doing his own thing. He's not really he doesn't look like he has many friends. So I was like, okay, maybe maybe I got to teach him how to like go up to people and be like, hey, let's play.
Speaker 5: And how long did you sit up there and watch?
Speaker 9: Thirty minutes?
Speaker 5: And how long while you were sitting there did it take for the cops to get.
Speaker 9: There, oh thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Oh so you only stopped because they showed up.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, because they're on the playground for forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: Did it scare you? And they pulled up, I was just like, oh.
Speaker 9: What's going on?
Speaker 4: I didn't know.
Speaker 9: I just thought they were driving through the parking garage.
Speaker 5: And how do they initiate that conversation?
Speaker 10: They're like, oh, what do you They said, we got a call that you're watching the kids on the playground.
Speaker 9: Creepy.
Speaker 4: They treat you like that, yeah, And.
Speaker 6: I'm like, well, no, no, no, no no, I said, oh that helps.
Speaker 14: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 10: And so they had me get off the car obviously, and they sit there and they're like what's and I say, my kids out of the playground. And they told me that he doesn't have any friends. So I just wanted to see how he acts on the playground. They go, so, your kid is on the playground. They definitely think he's a creeper. Yeah, and they're like, is there. I was like, They're like, we're gonna have to go down to the school and confirm this. And I was like, okay, that's fine, Like, well, you'll wait here, and they sent the his partner or someone stayed with you so he didn't run out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and they go down there and they talk to the director and aint you. I know, they showed him my picture and that's how I was let go. So I always got arrested for being a pedophile.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, I mean that's what it was. No, no, no, no, I weren't almost weren't you arrested because they thought there was CreI was, That's what I'm saying, not a pedophile. Yeah, I hear you, though, So what did they say to you whenever you were freed?
Speaker 9: They just said, you know, we got a call.
Speaker 10: We gotta look it seems weird guy sitting on a car looking at so yeah, probably not do that in the future and have a nice day.
Speaker 9: And they watched me drive out the parking garage.
Speaker 4: I'll say it if you guys don't want to. This is the greatest pick of it.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, good job, Yeah, good job.
Speaker 4: That was awesome.
Speaker 6: Wow, not click bait.
Speaker 4: And you said they thought you were a pedophile and they you weren't, but you went hard on what they thought you might have been. And I appreciate that. Follow the man it was like the police to tell your wife. Yeah what she say?
Speaker 9: She was like, you can never talk about it on the radio, showed her So I waited a couple of months and.
Speaker 4: A couple months ago.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and that kind of like, oh, because it was a weird feeling, that's a great I'm sure it was being called a you know, they didn't call me a creeper, a creeper.
Speaker 4: Creeper being treated like you could have been yeah, yeah, have you been back? No?
Speaker 2: No, no no, But he doesn't even like.
Speaker 9: That parking garage off limits.
Speaker 4: Possibly the greatest pick a bit in history of pickings are really, good job, buddy, good job. And all you're looking out for your kid was love. That's all all it was was love.
Speaker 1: Yes, Wow, Wow, it's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 9: Number two.
Speaker 3: Bobby's been struggling with sleep for years, maybe even a decade, but finally he went and got a sleep study done and he got those results back. So we found out why he's been having all these problems sleeping for so many years, and the results are going to change his life, Like there's a big way that he can do something different and his sleep's going to be better. And life's going to be drastically better for him. So you're about to hear that whole story and now what he's going to be doing moving forward.
Speaker 4: Number two met with a sleep doctor yesterday after I did my sleep study and we met on zoom and are you ready for the results.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: First of all, it was weird. I had to go and put all the cables on ekg's EMTs, DVD's MVPs, all of them, all those things, and I was strapped up all of my sticky things in my chest into my head, and my legs were like tied together as a whole. I don't even know. How did you sleep that night? Not great, but I don't sleep great anyway. But they even go it's going to be a little ncomfortable because you're covered in wires.
Speaker 12: Okay, I can't tell if you're joking about your legs being tied together.
Speaker 4: I was strapped with chords.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, so it felt like they were tied together.
Speaker 4: I get on the conference call yesterday and she goes, well, the good news is I think we can fix it. The bad news is you have right on the border of severe sleep. And I'm like, I don't even know what that is. She goes. Your throat closes up about thirty times an hour, and what happens is when your throat closes up, shoots a drill into your brain because your brain is built too.
Speaker 5: If you start losing oxygen, wake.
Speaker 12: You up and that's where you wake up.
Speaker 4: I'll be like, yes, that's why I wake up.
Speaker 6: My god, this is great news.
Speaker 4: Wow. So yeah, I have to wear a sea pat machine when I sleep every night with the sea.
Speaker 5: Have to get a path ready.
Speaker 4: No, it's uh yeah, it's what is that? It's got nose things you know I have people do like the oxygen bar or whatever. It's I got nose things that go on your nose and just a little thing around your face. But it cranks up the air. And so what I've got to do is keep my mouth shut. I can take my mouth whatever and you do that and it shoots air up because if you open your mouth comes out of your mouth. So what it's doing is shooting a constant stream of air. What's gonna be annoying, hopefully not? Is that machine? How loud it is? I don't know because my wife is in the same bed. It's gonna be like you're in a coma. Yeah, right, because like that's what I just have to wear a machine. Yeah. I've asked him for some IV bags as well, just put up there to look like I'm the whole vibe yeah, and the beeping. But they they said, yeah, it's it's it is almost the most severe because thirty times is where it's severe. And I think I was like twenty nine, twenty nine and thirty wow, and twenty eight like through the hours that I did.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, but how long do you have to wear this machine?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 14: Forever?
Speaker 6: What do you mean for the rest of your life?
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you can improve. When I sleep, my throat closes up and I stop breathing. Okay, I didn't know this. And again, whenever your body is built to like wake you up if that happens, and that's why that adrenaline and I'm awake. Not I'll wake up thirty times, but I do have small When I would monitor it with like an aura ring, it would just show like wait wait, wait, wait wait wait, And I was like, I don't wake up that many times, but that was what was happening.
Speaker 6: You're telling me we can put a man on the moon, we can invent the Internet.
Speaker 7: I'm not sure right right, right, but al gor vent of the internet all that stuff, right, But we can't figure out your sep your sleep apnea, like we.
Speaker 4: Can't how they figure it out? No, no, no, no, going to improve it.
Speaker 6: That's a band aid. We got to fix this it. It's like putting oxygen.
Speaker 5: In your in your brain is fixing it. It's just more oxygen and.
Speaker 12: It needs to be used every night. So you're going to travel, you can travel with it.
Speaker 5: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: It takes two weeks to get here. I might die before then. Oh no, no, you haven't died yet. You're good.
Speaker 9: No, no, you're not good because they're putting you on the machine. So there's a problem.
Speaker 4: But there as do not plug me, everybody, I'm saying right now, if anybody unplugs me, I'm gonna haunt you.
Speaker 10: You're exercises that you can do to open your throat, right, I don't want to do those, okay Ooh.
Speaker 12: It says here Bobby that the seapops can it can be hard to maintain and hard to sleep with at times. So as a result, people give up on the seapap treatment and doctors and medical care providers describe them as SEAPAP dropouts.
Speaker 4: I have not in twenty years.
Speaker 5: So if there's one thing I'm gonna do, i'd be cool.
Speaker 4: I stay in school. Okay, good man, good So it takes like two weeks to get here. Has to go through insurance. Wow, they have to write a prescription to get the machine. You can't just get the machine. And then I was supposed to slavey. I don't know, but I do have borderline severe sleep apnea, which I really didn't know what that meant.
Speaker 7: But you know, the good news is that you don't it's not stress related. You don't have anything going on with your brain.
Speaker 4: You don't know that.
Speaker 5: That's the truth.
Speaker 4: I don't know why it happens. Oh, but they can keep it from happening.
Speaker 9: I figured it out.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, all right, A seatpap in ooral appliances work well, but there is no cure for sleep apnea. The only way is to lose weight or have surgery to remove excess tissue from the palat or throat.
Speaker 5: Palette is a palette.
Speaker 4: That's a palette. That's a palette, which is like.
Speaker 10: The surgery can have side effects. I didn't laugh at you when you said, you had sleep apnea.
Speaker 4: Try to tell me I could cure it. You can. I don't know enough about it. I don't know enough about it. I'm not an expert.
Speaker 10: They said there are side effects, so that is why it's a last resort surgery.
Speaker 12: Well it's pretty much.
Speaker 4: I have that surgery and I come in like this mess with my voice. But Stanley, my bulldog, had to have his palette remove some of it removed because bulldogs they can't breathe, which is a bit of like a bulldog apnea, because they can't break they wake up, So we had that removed from him. Maybe I do it too, Yeah, maybe talk with him and see how he how he did it? Yeah, but like how to feel. So anyway, a couple of weeks they get the machine. Apparently.
Speaker 5: I hope it's not loud. It's not the whole mask.
Speaker 4: They have the new versions. They have different kinds of masks. But they're gonna send me the straight nose shooters to go open the nose and that's it. I'm gonna be held. I'm gonna come in here, I'm gonna be rocking.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Oh you think this show has been good over the last few years. What you just brace yourself.
Speaker 9: What is the life expectancy if someone with sleep apnea severe?
Speaker 4: Why did you google that?
Speaker 9: If you are under the age of fifty, you can expect to live eight to eighteen years more?
Speaker 6: What we'll hurry forteen years.
Speaker 12: If you don't receive my intervention like care right now?
Speaker 6: Oh my what amy? He's had this forever, and my god, he barely.
Speaker 9: Figured out when he's under fifty. Right, he's under fifty years old.
Speaker 4: Right. I preached on the phone.
Speaker 12: Okay, is lunchbok saying that's if.
Speaker 7: You don't He was to say, people with severe amy, it says has only eight to eighteen years left with a though he's.
Speaker 9: Going to if they receive treatment.
Speaker 4: If you received He couldn't even read the word palette, So I'm not gonna trust.
Speaker 6: Nailing hey bones. It's right in front of us. It says eight to eighteen.
Speaker 14: Kay.
Speaker 4: Well, then I went sid I went rocking mount Come in, I'll just play that song.
Speaker 6: He starts riding bulls.
Speaker 4: I'm just gonna go crazy. It's gonna be the greatest eight years of anybody's life. Eight years.
Speaker 6: That's not good, lunchbox.
Speaker 4: You're right, why would you even yell that out though I just looked it up. You're dying tomorrow, okay, you know that. We you know you were dying when you were dying, so no, no, you know so many listen.
Speaker 9: Well I didn't know that was going to happen.
Speaker 4: So many eight whole years. So let's get to living.
Speaker 5: Get busy living, or get busy dying.
Speaker 12: I think that a lot of our listeners have experienced with SEAPAP. I know a lot of people do, so maybe they could call in and give you.
Speaker 6: Advice if they're still around.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Number two, Keith Urban stopped by the show.
Speaker 3: He's always been one of my favorite performers, but he also always comes in with just some good stories like little gems that peek out. And one of those that happened was he talked about an old BMX injury that he got, which crazy did not know Keith Urban did BMX. And then he also shared the time that he was playing a gig and he got booed, and then because of the booing situation, he then got fired, Like Keith Urban got fired, so mind blowing. I just love hearing his stories also listening to him talk. He's a beautiful accent, beautiful voice. He's a great man. I mean it's Keith Urban, so here he is. Guys, this is Bobby talking to Keith Urban number one.
Speaker 1: The Friday Morning Conversation with you.
Speaker 4: I have all these notes that I have for every guest, but I feel like we know each other and a lot. Have you ever seen the information that your people send about you?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 4: Because it's a mixture, right, It's a mixture of things that I want to talk about, but it's also information like your your PR people or whomever advances. Do you want to see some of it?
Speaker 9: Maybe?
Speaker 14: Not?
Speaker 4: Well, it's stuff like, Okay, for example, you were inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame, right, And I don't know unless I just know this, and if it were to come up, I'd be like, oh, and by the way, Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. Right, it's so got it? So it's that has to be cool for you. It's different than a performance award. It's like a thinking award to be in the songwriter Hall of Fame? What is that ceremony?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 8: Surreal?
Speaker 4: For me?
Speaker 15: I mean, it's just you know it's a songwriting town. Uh, And man, that was an amazing not I mean, that's a that's a cool club to be in.
Speaker 4: I would think it would feel like an elevated like a really special place to be because not everybody gets to see the work that goes into songwriting. Yeah, and the people that are in the crowd actually understand the undertaking of it. Yeah. So it's a very relatable award with everybody in the room.
Speaker 15: It is. And there's a like a reminder of I've written a lot of songs. Yeah, I forget how many songs I've written. And then and then they start playing them and you're like, oh my.
Speaker 4: Gosh, that's really a thing where tons of songs where Joan Rivers used to keep every joke in a file cabinet that she's ever written. Is that true? Yes?
Speaker 8: Like why why did she do that?
Speaker 4: She just wanted to have an organization and a collection of all of her jokes and you know, and she ended up dying and she was older when she died, like maybe almost ninety. Is there a database of everything you've ever written that you have that you could get into or would you have to go and scurry around and find it different places.
Speaker 8: Probably that. Yeah, Yeah, I think it's kind of scattered everywhere. Cassettes en.
Speaker 15: I'm still like cassettes. I've got stuff on cassette I opened. Yeah, I found this little box of the night up in the attic and I opened it up and it's full of cassettes.
Speaker 8: Days go by being written, really stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you always record the room when you're writing, or do you just record like a work tape when you're done?
Speaker 9: I I like to.
Speaker 10: So.
Speaker 15: I have my own record company, which I've had for a long time, and it's called hit Red. The reason it's cool that is because I always think a great engineer hits record the second anybody walks in the studio.
Speaker 8: Don't worry for us to sit down and start playing.
Speaker 15: Just hit Red right away, because you walk in, you start whistling something, humming something, you peak a guitar out, you tune it up, your play a riff, and you're like, oh, did anybody get that?
Speaker 8: Because I'll forget it. So, yeah, I think record all the time.
Speaker 4: Did you watch the Greatest Night and Pop that we are the world? Did?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Whenever? Lionel Ritchie, who I've been fortunate enough to know, for a while he's awesome, like in every way on that show, he's like that and he's the greatest dude. But when he's talking about working on Michael Jackson and that Michael Jackson didn't play an instrument, so he laid down layers and layers of then he would come on top of a table and go. So have you worked with anyone who didn't have the traditional music skills? But we're so good at something like that, where just going in and humming a line. But being a great artist that mostly if you're a great artist because you learn how to do music.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I've had to do it myself with string arrangements on records that I've done because I can't. For you, I can't write music. I can't I can't read music. I can't write it or read it. But I can hum it to the to the conductor or the arranger and go so the I think the violins might do this line, you know, oh with strings not guitar. Yes, like violin when you got a big string section.
Speaker 4: I saw Justin Bieber doing with an orchestra in a recording studio and he did the same like he didn't know how to play but he would go la la lu lulu, give him the melody, and then he would go strings, and eventually they created this really cool sound. And I guess I didn't put those two together kind of what Michael was doing and what justin Bieber and what you're talking about there, because again you don't play I mean, do you play the fiddle at all?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 5: No, but to be able to tell hey, I need this, you would just hum a melody.
Speaker 15: The other coolest thing that's happened is like that you sing a melody in the studio. Sometimes I sing it as a placeholder, like when I want to keep a player to come in and do um kind of thing, and then maybe and then the harmony would be dead and you do the hominy.
Speaker 8: Sometimes we've just left.
Speaker 15: That in the actual Yeah, the vocal of the vocal attempted trying to sound like something ends up being textually so much more interesting and cooler than the actual thing.
Speaker 4: Do you ever have part of a chorus or even a bridge that you acted in the leave end that ends up becoming like what the song is most known for, like an accidental discovery or like an ad lib that you're like, you know what, why don't we just put that in or a guitar lick for example, all Vamp? Why you think about it? Because's a hard question. Uh, Radiohead and within Creep, Oh yeah, that really wasn't what it was supposed to be. Hook, but now it's you know, and they were like, yeah, really in the recording of it, that guitar part wasn't supposed to be like that. It was kind of an accident and they left it. Anything like that strike you when I tell that story, No.
Speaker 8: I it probably is. I can't think of anything off the top of my head.
Speaker 15: But I was thinking about that beautiful as James what's his name, No James, and he started too early, I love, yeah, my love brilliant Yeah, and then he came in too early, and then they left it in.
Speaker 8: It's one of my favorite moments in that song.
Speaker 4: Which is what that song was known for until it became a massive hit, the song where he sings it twice at the beginning, or even like.
Speaker 14: We come in.
Speaker 4: We all know that, And you wonder if that even really because she probably wasn't saying that. She was probably talking to the sound engineer, will you count me in?
Speaker 8: Turn it up?
Speaker 4: And we still remember that, I said, Colby Cala and Keith, and at the same time went will you count me in? Isn't that crazy? Guys?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's so hooky.
Speaker 4: You have a new song that we've been playing all morning. It's called Messed Up as Me? What about this song? Did you love? And why do you think you need to record it?
Speaker 15: It's a super relatable song for me. I mean, it's about a relationship that has one good thing going. All the rest is dysfunctional, toxic, makes no sense. But one part of this relationship is phenomenal us me and you.
Speaker 4: Yeah that one.
Speaker 8: Bits were sitting so close, thank.
Speaker 1: You, thank you the Friday morning conversation.
Speaker 4: With So I'm sitting right next to Keith because we're very close, and he's actually seeing my notes. I never let anyone see my notes. Well, and I felt bad. I felt bad for you and jealous of you. This picture of the paparazzi took of you, Oh god, you look great? Are you kidding? Right? Thank you? Are you well?
Speaker 10: Then?
Speaker 12: Why do you feel bad for.
Speaker 4: Him because paparazzi taking pictures of them?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like the guy can't live.
Speaker 8: That's a good question. It was confusing there for a second.
Speaker 4: I was gonna get there. But if I you look awesome, and I know who cares, right, it's body with all. But it's like I was irritated that the paparazzi was not letting you live your life, but then I was irritated at you for being in great shape.
Speaker 8: You can talk, yeah, but I have to.
Speaker 4: I struggle. I struggle with why. I don't know, you smell good?
Speaker 6: You look good?
Speaker 4: Please? How often do you have to? Is it worse for you out of America with paparazzi than it is in America.
Speaker 8: It's more so when I'm with Nick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, never by yourself.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, obviously, but yeah, occasionally do.
Speaker 4: You worry because I would say you're even one of the more fashion forward dudes in music, not even just country music, Like for a long time, I mean, you were wearing off White before like off White was like, yeah, me too, but it was like I would notice that you were wearing off White like way way early before it kind of became a bigger cultural.
Speaker 15: I rode skateboards and rode BMX bikes when I was a kid, and I think that whole street thing is just part.
Speaker 4: Of what I love that makes a lot of sense didn't know. Did you ever injure yourself real bad doing that?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 15: I was in a BMX race and uh, first jump went over and landed on the front, flipped the bike over, broke this left arm, and I remember a guy, you know, one of the you know, people in charge of officials, running out and going you got to keep going, you got to keep going. I'm like thirteen, I'm like what, I'm hanging out my arms like here. I picked up my bike which was just trashed and carried it around the track.
Speaker 4: To finish, to finish the race. Yeah, did you continue racing after that?
Speaker 8: I did for a long time, and then my mom was like she wouldn't have with those doing it.
Speaker 4: Have you ever in the last five years, again, you're such a great guitar player, have you discovered anything new about the guitar? And I talked to coaches at a high levels like have you have you figured anything out about an offense or a defense even though you've been doing it for thirty years, And I'd be like, you know, I did, have have you done that with a guitar at all? Where you're like, you know what I found that I can go from here to hear or do something new that you had never discovered.
Speaker 15: I think I'm working on not playing so much so the opposite. Yeah, it's like you have a It's like it's like saying a sentence. I'm going to say this whole thing, but learning to stop halfway through and leave it there. That's kind of the version of playing a lick on the guitar.
Speaker 4: Is that hard for you to do?
Speaker 15: Yes, because I want to complete the thought, But the newest thing is to not complete the thought and end it in the middle and see what happened.
Speaker 4: To leave the space, let art happen then a different kind of art. Or you're just like I'm tired.
Speaker 8: Just to stop getting into the predictability.
Speaker 4: Place like muscle memory. Almost it's exactly what it is with like brain muscle memory, because your brain is going to a place playing what you feel is not to us, but where you feel like it's predictable. Obviously, I'm on this scale.
Speaker 8: I do this right.
Speaker 15: Wow. Yeah, So making myself stop because then whenever I start the next phrase, that'll be probably different because of being so aware of.
Speaker 14: What's going on.
Speaker 4: Why did this awareness happen? No, I just hear things back and I'm like, stop, do you hear stuff back? And yeah, yeah, of course yeah, I hear stuff back. And I'm like, dude, just you had it in the middle. Stop there, shush.
Speaker 5: That gives everybody else hope.
Speaker 4: That's not amazing. It's something if he can hear stuff back.
Speaker 12: I know, I'm very curious. How long do you pause or wait?
Speaker 4: Like an hour? It'd be awesome. He does like an Andy Kaufman and just stops and watches the crowd its yeah.
Speaker 8: So yeah, so Michael, I think of him so often.
Speaker 5: It's my He's my favorite performer of all time.
Speaker 8: We would be like playing a lick like didn't Do, Didn't Do?
Speaker 15: And I said to guys, how long do you think we could play that lick for until the audience started to.
Speaker 4: It's him reading the book and then there.
Speaker 8: But I'd like to know what happens, who leaves, who stays? How did they leave? To people?
Speaker 9: Boo?
Speaker 8: Do they quietly leave? What happens?
Speaker 4: There are things like that too that I like, I wanted to be a part of let's say, let's say would be your band, Like but you gave me like a saxophone and it's like I'm Okay, let's go to the solo. I don't want to play saxophone. And I go out front and I'm just trying as hard as I can, but I'm terrible. Yeah, and you just and everybody kind of walks off stage and lets me play. Like you know, Motley Crue, they would do the whole solo, they could hook a couple of girls, but instead, you guys were just letting me play to see how long til people booed, Like when will they booed the random saxophone player that sucks?
Speaker 8: Wouldn't that be a hilarious when you're doing it dead serious? You know, I never break You look dead serious, really meaning.
Speaker 4: And then I get real sad when they boom me off. Yeah you been You ever been booed bad? That affected your confidence? Yeah? I had?
Speaker 15: Well, I had a guy walk up and and and put his fingers in his ears, like stand right in front of me, in front of everybody, when I was playing at a club and I was sort of on ground level.
Speaker 4: Do you think that was a you thing or him thing?
Speaker 15: A bit of both, probably, But yeah, I got fired from that gig because of that specifically, or.
Speaker 8: Because I was trying to be nice to this guy and your long story short. He came up at the end of the night. I'm packing up my gear.
Speaker 15: I was filling in for a guy who was a solo act there Friday night at this club, playing solo backing tracks live guitar, and I finished with Devil and Anda Georgia did a little and on the guitar. It's my big moment, you know, and I'm shredding away and this guy walks up in front of me and I'm on the floor with you know, he's all the crowd of me, and.
Speaker 8: He's like, no, it's just terrible. You sound terrible. He's hammered, he is terrible. You sound terrible.
Speaker 15: And I'm trying to get rid of him while I'm playing and not make a scene in front of everybody.
Speaker 8: And anyway, I finished, like thank you, good night, and I'm.
Speaker 15: Furious, and I'm packing up my gear and this guy comes over and I'm like, I just don't say anything. He don't say anything, this guy, You're almost.
Speaker 4: Out of here.
Speaker 15: Anyway, I called him some incredibly offensive things, like horrendously offensive things.
Speaker 8: Uh yeah, and then he just he.
Speaker 15: Goes, ah, you're you're a young guy. But with an attitude like that your career is over before it's begun. And then he just waddled off into the distance. And then he comes back with the manager of the hotel. Oh we go, and he goes he Karen died him. He hit him with the Karen before the Karen was a thing because I got fired for filling in for a guy.
Speaker 4: We played the new song earlier. We've been playing it all morning long. So what when you put out a new song. It's kind of with you. You're a bit unpredictable in that sometimes you'll put out like eight singles before you put out a record, and sometimes you put out a bit like what's happening now with you? Musically, we put out.
Speaker 15: Straight Line, which is technically the first single off the new album and the first song on the album, and then Messed Up as Me is the first radio single and second single off the record. Hopefully another song in the next few months and then album coming. I've got a jewet on the record which I recorded last summer.
Speaker 4: Have you said with Who?
Speaker 15: No, I haven't, and I've been sitting on it since last summer and it's killing me. So I can't wait to get that.
Speaker 4: Don't say it. I'm not even ask you to say it now, But what if you whispered it in my ear and I don't tell anybody.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think he would tell trustworthy.
Speaker 4: I think he would tell him. I know where he lives.
Speaker 5: I think he would tell me.
Speaker 14: You do you do?
Speaker 5: Let me do a live reaction, and I'm never gonna tell you trust me?
Speaker 4: Really? Yeah, I do?
Speaker 5: Okay, Ray play a little hold music?
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yeah, It's it's gonna be big, guys. It's gonna be big, and I'm trying to hold back. It's gonna be big. And that's all I'm gonna say because this face here is that of a trustworthy person. But it is going to be big for multiple people. Some people are calling the new We Are the World oh my, But me, I'm that person who.
Speaker 15: Calls it, like, how great is that moment with Ray Childs singing his solo moment in that way of the World things.
Speaker 4: There were so many great moments to me, even seeing the humanity in Bob Dylan, where yeah, Bob Dylan struggling, he doesn't know how to because he's not a he's not a sing on a traditional vocalist. And then when Stevie Won under goes Hey, come to the piano, makes everybody leave the room. Bob deyla one of the greatest of all time, like songwriters like and he's mimicking Bob Dylan, So Bob Dylan can here how I'm supposed to sing it?
Speaker 8: Yeah, we are the world.
Speaker 15: Making leves and you can tell Bob's like that was terrible, and they're like it was amazing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The humanity in that show of people that we don't feel are human because they're so famous was super cool.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I felt bad for Sheila.
Speaker 8: I don't remember Prince.
Speaker 4: They just gave her a verse because they wanted Prince to car I didn't know that, and then he didn't show up, and so she was just like, I'm out.
Speaker 12: Oh, sometimes do you multitask when you watch shows?
Speaker 4: Because I do.
Speaker 12: I do, and I miss things like here and there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but it's actually is a quick part, you know what it is.
Speaker 15: I didn't see that there was another, uh one that's like three hours long. On the making of that song, they use all the same footage but then additional footage.
Speaker 8: It goes for three hours.
Speaker 15: This thing that sounds better I downloaded that, you know, had those multiple cameras in the studio, sometimes it's just the other camera's point of view, Like it's kind of crazy. Do you ever watch like the eight hour Tom Petty documentary Run is it Running Down and Draw?
Speaker 4: That's it? Yeah, and it's so long, but it's so good. It's so yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: That and the Eagles whenever they have their documentary that's like hours and hours. You ever watched that one where they announced their health freeze is over? Like? Yes, that one's really cool too.
Speaker 8: Yes, documentaries.
Speaker 4: Is the Keith Urban documentary?
Speaker 8: I'm working on it?
Speaker 4: Are you really? Yeah? That's awesome. How far back does it go?
Speaker 8: I don't know yet, which literally just preliminary.
Speaker 4: Do you have a lot of footage of you as a child playing?
Speaker 8: Not as much as I wish I did. Yeah, it's Obama. That's really cool.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not gonna mention anything about it about his duet and I'm not mentioning anything. There we go. That's it's gonna be awesome. Have you ever asked Keith about the kangaroo? Okay, that seems eating a kangaroo? There you go. Okay, here's the question.
Speaker 8: I wouldn't recommend it if the if they just.
Speaker 4: Picked a generic kangaroo from any any kangaroo in the wild, it could be a baby or an old or small generic kangaroo. I think if you put me up against a generic kangaroo, I could whoop. I could whoop its button a fight, not the big muscle ones they put on the It could, but it also could be one that's had been in an accident. So I think a generic kangaroo, one on one kangaroo, I would beat it up. You want film muscle though, it doesn't it dang, dude, Now tell me again.
Speaker 8: You've been hanging out with caratop.
Speaker 4: Oh he's massive, insane, he's massive.
Speaker 8: Okay, he could kick a kangaroos ass.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I could see. I knew he'd make it a joke. He doesn't respect my art.
Speaker 8: It's more respecting the kangaroo's art.
Speaker 4: Okay. Anyway, they're pretty bad as His name's Keith Thurban.
Speaker 5: He's got some fine his hey, hey, his duet coming out.
Speaker 4: It's fine.
Speaker 8: Wait a minute, Oh, you're super buff. You would kick that can. You would kick.
Speaker 4: It's already won a Grammy. It's even how it works.
Speaker 8: It works now a right, yeah, keep slowly, a bit slow.
Speaker 4: You're my friend. Thank you, love you all right, bye bye.
Speaker 1: It's the Best Bits of the Week with Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, that's it for me this weekend. I'm wrapping everything up. Be sure check out part one, Part three this weekend with Amy. I promise you'll like it. You've never given it a chance before. I hope you do this weekend. Or maybe you're annoyed of me saying that enough that you'll just go do it. I don't know either one works. But if you don't want to do that, I suppose that's okay. You can come hang out with me on social media at web Girl Morgan. You can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show. Whatever you do next, I still hope you have a fabulous, amazing and safe weekend.
Speaker 2: Bye everybody.
Speaker 9: That's the Best.
Speaker 1: Bits of the Week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 4: And followed web Girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.